Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Red Group) (Inactive)

Game Master Shadowborn


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,871 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Gaius:
Peering out the front of the shelter, you note movement out amongst the trees. They're difficult to see in the gray of the predawn, but you note three distinct forms, small and low to the ground. Their approach is a strange zig-zag, making smaller half-circles as they weave toward your party's shelter.


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

Quietly "Jinger, look, company."

Gaius moves to the shelter "My lady, gentles, something more than still and silent beauty has come with the snowfall."

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Jinjer's Perception roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"I see one," she says quietly. Gaius points out the other two she missed, and she curses her eyes for their blindness. Then the gnome moves about nudging sleeping forms with her foot. "Get up. Trouble."

Dice rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Initiatives:

Gaius 21
Tarrana 21
Opponents 18
Jinjer 17
Magnus 15
Brodgar 12
Stilgar 9

At this point, the spotted opponents are about 40 feet out from the shelter and spread out. Map to follow.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

I'd like to wait and see what they do before posting


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

[/ooc] Round 1 Init 21 [/ooc]

Gaius moves out of the shelter and into the camp and readies his dagger and sling.


Just posting to say I'm still here - and like Magnus, waiting to see what our opponents do.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Gaius moves out and readies his sling, while Tarrana picks up her necessary gear.

Then the quiet of the morning is shattered by a long, forlorn howl, seeming to come from somewhere above the waterfall. It is answered by howls from below, the number indicating that Gaius missed some of the intruders, as they come from all around.

Then the gray shapes spring to life, closing rapidly on small hut. You note a half dozen wolves that have surrounded your shelter bearing down on you.

Map

Map key: x = undergrowth; counts as difficult terrain
X = small tree
big X = big tree
X = campfire

With about six inches of snow on the ground, the space outside the hut counts as difficult terrain without snowshoes on. (Though the wolves appear to have no difficulty.)


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus breaks out his crossbow. "Drat, need to load. " He goes about preparing a shot as he whispers to the group "Anyone need a shield? "


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

"Don't worry. I and the gnomes will make for a poor meal." Tarrana says before turning to Gaius and the dwarves. "However you're screwed."

What's the status of our fire?

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

The fire is burning...not blazing, but burning. There was enough wood stockpiled in the hunter's shelter to keep it lit through the night for warmth.


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Crazy Idea of the week time.

Not that I'm particularly fond of the idea of sharing a bed roll at this point in our relationship but I do feel that our fire is currently lacking when it comes to our current survival needs."

Dragging her bed roll out towards the eastern exit she sets it careful that the surrounding building doesnt become by what is about to happen. Then depending on the amount of time left she either uses a burning branch from the campfire or an alchemists fir to light her own bedrool piling some of the dried wood on it to make it quite large but not enough to ignite the building.

The idea is to make them go around and have them have to chew through several hundred pounds of dwarf flesh to get to the soft creamy spicy middle.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

I should just let them eat me. Maybe they'd choke on my beard. :D

"They'll have to work for their meals then," Stilgar says gruffly, though not entirely unamused by Tarrana's comments, "I'd rather we all go uneaten though, so watch your backs."

Stilgar would then draw his warhammer, and strap on his buckler if he has sufficient time.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Initiatives:

Gaius 21
Tarrana 21
Wolves 18
Jinjer 17
Magnus 15
Brodgar 12
Stilgar 9

Round 1 (nearly complete):

Gaius moves out of the western entrance, dagger and sling in hand.

Tarrana drags her bedroll to the eastern entrance, then fumbles for a flask of alchemist's fire.

The wolves close on the hut.

Jinjer, intuiting the oracle's plan, moves to the fire and grabs up a couple of burning brands to toss on the fire when she can.

Magnus grabs up his crossbow and loads it in preparation for the wolves' attack.

placemarker for Brodgar's actions

Stilgar readies his weapon and shield for battle.

Map


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus casts shield on himself if there are no wolves in his line of sight on his turn. Otherwise, he will fire his crossbow after stepping back to avoid AoO.
Xbow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 ⇒ 2

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 1 addendum:

Brodgar will ready his axe and shield for combat.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

If I'm gonna be a meat shield, I might as well be a good one.

Catching on to Tarrana's plan as well, Stilgar quickly reaches into his component pouch, retrieving a small piece of parchment, inscribed with a prayer to Baal. He then begins to murmur quietly, and within moments the parchment immolates. With the spell completed, he briefly places his hand on his chest.

Cast Shield of Faith on self, +2 deflection bonus to AC for 20 rounds; AC 19.

Stilgar would then move out the west entrance to the camp (G9), intending to draw the wolves' attention to himself.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 2:

Gaius takes a shot with his sling at the nearest wolf. Attack Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 His shot plows harmlessly into the snow as the wolf continues to lope forward.

Tarrana tosses the alchemist's fire down, lighting her bedding into a blaze which blocks the east entrance.

The wolves close in. Tarrana's blaze deters the ones on the east, as they begin to circle around the building. Meanwhile, to the west, Gaius quickly finds himself surrounded by grey fur and white, snapping fangs. He evades the first two, but finds himself flanked by the third. It snaps into his calf, giving a shake. Luckily for Gaius he's quick on his feet and slips free with only a minor injury, quickly regaining his footing. 2hp damage

Jinjer takes the two burning brands she's grabbed and tosses them onto the burning bedroll. Then she readies her bow again and nocks an arrow.

Magnus casts his spell, wrapping himself in a protective shell of energy.

Brodgar, seeing Gaius set upon and with no way to effectively attack from inside, pushes past the sorcerer towards the wolf beyond him. He puts his shield forward and attempts to drive the wolf back. The wolf's teeth tear at his shield as he bears the beast away from the doorway, moving with the creature. One of the two wolves flanking Gaius manages to nip him as he moves past. 3hp damage

Stilgar moves as well, getting out and into the combat unscathed as Brodgar has drawn the beasts' attacks.

Map


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

Round 3 action in advance. Init 21 Ac 13 Hp 8. Move to H,10 and attack wolf at G,9. Note this will draw aoo from the wolf in E,8 unless this acrobatics roll beats its CMD 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Attack with dagger, flank 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 0 + 2 = 19. Damage in case that hits 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4

Gaius slips through the combat circling the wolf.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Seeing Gaius step away from the entrance, Stilgar would position himself there in his stead to assure the wolves do not get into the hut. He would then lash out at the nearest enemy with his warhammer, preferably one flanked by his comrade.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus moves within the walled-in area to a position where he can see a wolf. not sure about angles and such, but I think the one in M11 should be visible, even if it has partial cover. , otherwise, maybe shoot past the dwarves to E8. Magnus then fires a bolt at any beast he can see. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 ⇒ 6

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

*bump*


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Well my turns are kind of accounted for so nothign from me.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 1: drag bedroll over and dig out alchemist's fire; Round 2: toss alchemist's fire down; looks like Tarrana's got an action coming this round.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Initiatives:

Gaius 21
Tarrana 21
Wolves 18
Jinjer 17
Magnus 15
Brodgar 12
Stilgar 9

Beginning of Round 3:

Gaius manages to slip past the snapping jaws of the wolves and gain a flanking position. He lashes out, putting a deep cut into the wolf's side.

Tarrana delays, looking for a prime opportunity to act.

One of the wolves near the door moves into a flanking position on Brodgar, both wolves ducking in and biting, attempting to take the dwarf down. As he fends off one of them, the other clamps its jaws down on one of his legs and gives a violent tug. The inquisitor's low center of gravity and combat stance keep him from falling. 4hp damage.

Meanwhile, the wolf Gaius flanked whirls on him, lunging up on its hind legs. Gaius barely has time to raise his arm to fend off the blow, causing the beast's fangs to tear into his forearm rather than his throat. 7hp damage. The wolf gives a vicious shake, overbalancing Gaius and hurling him prone into the snow.

The other three wolves, circling the hut, move in for the kill, mobbing the fallen Gaius. Only his sheer determination, luck, and the blessings of any gods watching keep him from being killed beneath an onslaught of fur and fang. He thrashes about on the ground, avoiding their attacks.

Jinjer steps around the fire and lets off a shot with her bow, catching a grazing hit on one of the wolves harrying Brodgar. 2hp damage.

Magnus also fires, but his aim is off, as the bolt plunges into the side of the hut.

Brodgar swings his axe, catching the wolf already wounded by Gaius' attack. The swing buries itself in the beast's spine, dropping its bloody body into the snow. 10hp damage.

Stilgar's hammer catches a glancing blow on the snout of the wolf near the hut's door, stirring a yelp from the wolf, and sending one gleaming white fang spinning off into air to land in the snow.

Map


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus reloads and fires again!
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 ⇒ 7

EDIT 1: Crit confirm?!?
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 ⇒ 6


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

Hmm low on options. Oh well nice knowing you.

Crawl to 9,g drawing 3 aao's from the wolves. In the unlikely event that I live cast color spray hitting all three of the southmost wolves, dc14. Current AC 9, still prone.

Crying out as a fangs rip at his arms and face Gaius tries to free himself from the circling pack.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Not looking good. Can I occupy the same space as Gaius if he's helpless?

Seeing his companion being ganged on by wolves, Stilgar grits his teeth and attempts to rush to his aid. As close to Gaius as possible, he then swings at the nearest wolf with his hammer.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

Remember you go AFTER the wolves Stilgar. You might want to wait to see what they do first.


Since Brodgar's after the wolves as well, I'm just posting to wish Gaius luck.


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Well I do go before the wolves as well. I'll wait to see the results of gaius's foolhardy action. I can probably catch all three in a burning hands.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Bah, I almost forgot about my terrible initiative. Could I go ahead and just thwack the wolf I hit last round with that roll? I'll hold on to my move action. Don't want to get toasted either.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Opening of Round 4:

Gaius drags himself away from the ravaging wolves. They continue to snap and tear at him as he does so, opening further gashes and tears in his already bloody body. 7hp damage. Succumbing to the assault, Gaius falls limp.


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Erm round 4? We were jsut waiting to see how those AoO's went not waiting a whole round.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Last round was the 3rd, Gaius is first in initiative so the AoO's are resolved at the beginning of the 4th. Are you delaying until the wolves act?

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey
Stilgar Fulgrum wrote:
Last round was the 3rd, Gaius is first in initiative so the AoO's are resolved at the beginning of the 4th.

Correct.


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Noooo and i wasnt delaying before. I mentioned my turns earlier being accounted for since it was taking two rounds for the bed roll. Then on round 3 gaius decided to roll away. Or was that on round 4?


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

Tarrana wrote:
Noooo and I wasn't delaying before. I mentioned my turns earlier being accounted for since it was taking two rounds for the bedroll. Then on round 3 Gaius decided to roll away. Or was that on round 4?

Near as I can see Gaius crawled and was eaten during his round 4 action so round 4 init 21.

Gaius's actions

Round 1 Ready dagger and sling
Round 2 Sling at the snow scoring a direct hit.
Round 3 Flank and stab wolf. Get pulled down by his 3 friends.
Round 4 Attempt to crawl away, get eaten.

.
.
I think that is correct.

Round 4

No peeking:
Stabilization 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 6 = 2 Bleed....


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Ok that clears things up a bit. Dont like how i missed a rnd 3 action but there wasn't tooo much i could do to affect things anyway.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Hm. I'll redact my action and wait and see what Tarrana and the wolves do. Shame that they'd all get caught in my channel.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey
Tarrana wrote:
Ok that clears things up a bit. Dont like how i missed a rnd 3 action but there wasn't tooo much i could do to affect things anyway.

Sorry, but I hadn't received an action from you and I knew you were lurking, so I went with delay on the chance you'd post. So at this point you're at the top of the initiative order and ready to go.


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

I suddenly regret not taking stabilize. Wait a second, what about our cleric? Oh well, my turn to do something insane.

Taking advantage of the wolves distraction Tarrana hops over the fire and unleashes flaming hell on the wolves screaming like a wild banshee as she does so.

Move to K11

Burning Hands on the three wolves up front.

2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6Fire DC16 for half.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Gaius 21
Tarrana 21
Wolves 18
Jinjer 17
Magnus 15
Brodgar 12
Stilgar 9

Round 4, con't.:

Tarrana leaps over the fire, the heat and flame doing nothing to slow her as she moves around the hut. Unleashing her spell, she catches three of the wolves in a blast of fire. The first is able to leap away, avoiding the brunt of the blast, but the other two face the full force of her fury. The air is filled with yelps and the smell of burning fur.

Then there is a chilling howl. It stops the wolves in their tracks. Looking around, the group sights a figure atop a nearby hill. It looks much like the beasts attacking you, but much larger. The pack breaks off its attack and moves, heading for the hilltop. Stilgar and Brodgar receive attacks of opportunity against the two wolves near them.

Jinjer moves out the west entrance of the hut, taking a parting shot at the fleeing wolves. The attack bites deep into the wolf's side, but doesn't bring the animal down.1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 ⇒ 5

Magnus steps to one of the hut's small windows and fires, his shot catching another wolf in the neck, bringing the beast down.

Map


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

Don't mind me. No peak:
Stabilization roll 1d20 + 1 - 7 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 7 = 1 bleed..... 4 rounds left.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus reloads, and signals for the others to help bring Gaius into the hut where he can be better protected. Not sure what to do with my standard action. I'll wait to post until it's my turn in the initiative


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Stilgar lashes out with his hammer as the wolves run away, in hopes of getting a shot in.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Startled by the sight of the large beast in the distance, Stilgar grits his teeth. Attending to Gaius, he would murmur a quick prayer before laying a palm on the half-elf's chest.

Cast stabilize on Gaius. Ready a move action to enter the hut only when he has.


Brodgar takes a sweeping blow with his axe, and whispers a brief prayer that the wolves aren't merely returning to regroup.

Attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

He turns to keep an eye on the happenings up the hill, but stands ready to assist Stilgar in moving Gaius if necessary.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Stilgar's hammer misses its mark, but Brodgar's axe cuts deep, spraying crimson patterns onto the snow as the wolf falls. The rest run off, slipping through the trees like gray shadows to join the beast on the hilltop. Then they vanish into the surrounding woods.

Stilgar's touch stops the bleeding from Gaius' many wounds, and the two dwarves carry him back into the shelter. Jinjer stands guard at the west entrance, watching for further signs of attack, trouble creasing her brow.

"Something's not right. Wolves don't attack folk like that unless they're starving or provoked. We didn't do anything to them, and there's plenty of game about."


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

"It seems to me that the beasts were coerced. Could be a magical affect. I shall make a survey of the groundling creatures in the area to see if they have noticed strange activity among the predators. "
Magnus looks down at his friend as he lies limp on the floor of the shelter, then he looks outside to the cold air, wondering what malicious force could be after them.
What would you like me to roll to gather information from rabbits and such?

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Marathon Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Jinjer shakes her head, one corner of her mouth quirking up as she looks at Magnus.

"Don't bother," she replies in a condescending tone, "If you knew animals as well as I do you'd realize you won't find so much as a chipmunk showing itself within a mile of here, thanks to the wolves. They keep their heads down. So should we, for the time being."

She looks back up to the hill with a frown. "Was that another wolf? Biggest damn wolf I've ever seen, if'n it was."


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Tarrana looks angrily at her burning bedroll. "That's the fourth one this month."

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,871 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Red Group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.