Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Red Group) (Inactive)

Game Master Shadowborn


451 to 500 of 1,871 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Stilgar grits his teeth in frustration as his attack misses, even more so as the female nocturne's knife is deflected by his mail - he might not be so lucky next time.

Wanting to make the most out of his magical enhancements while they lasted, Stilgar swings at the nocturne once more.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Tuboo finally moves in on his intended target, leaping around a potential swing of the Nocturne's weapon. He gnaws into the faux-gnome's kneecap, distracting it from the more serious threat in front of it.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12
Bite Attack 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 241d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1

Magnus is satisified with his defeat of the Nocturne, and moves to the unengaged enemy.
Magnus fires his last crossbow bolt from the side of the fire, trying not to look in upon the bubbling concoction.

Crossbow 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 1 + 1 = 101d8 ⇒ 5

He calls out into the darkness, hoping for a positive response from one of the humans. "Is anyone here? We're here to help."


Brodgar takes another swing, but the force of the Nocturne's blow throws it off and he winds up slicing through the air again.

If Stilgar's Nocturne is dead when Brodgar's init is up, he'll five-foot-step up one.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Tarrana continues unleashing her sling into her foes qhileling and letting whistling bullets fly.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Initiative Order:

Magnus
Tarrana
Jinjer
Stilgar
Gaius
Nocturne
Brodgar

Round 3:

Magnus raises his crossbow and shoots over the fire. The bolt whizzes across the cavern, only to wedge into one of the nocturne's shoulder guards.

Tuboo bounds into the fray, drawing an attack of opportunity from the nocturne who stabs at the weasel as it lunges for his leg. Tuboo's body twists out of the way, and then the weasel latches onto the nocturne's leg. 1 point nonlethal damage.

Tarrana's bullet thuds into her target's armor, which absorbs the brunt of the impact.

Jinjer continues her deadly dance with her remaining opponent, catching an opening and putting a shallow wound in his abdomen.

Stilgar's hammer arcs back toward the next foe, catching her across the head with a satisfying crunch, and the nocturne falls hard.

Gaius throws another dart. The nocturne tries to avoid the missile, but it embeds in the muscle, just above the collar bone.

With a snarl of anger, Jinjer's opponent thrusts with his dagger but the blade slips in its hand--still slick with blood from its butchering--and it does not strike home.

Brodgar's opponent kicks furiously, trying to dislodge the Mustelid from its leg. Tuboo is tenacious, however, and hangs on.

The last nocturne draws another dart, hurling this one at Gaius. He gives a shriek of triumph as the dart hits, burying itself in Gaius' shoulder. 4 points damage.

Despite having his opponent distracted, Brodgar's swing misses, the axe swiping through the air above the nocturne's ducked head. Then the inquisitor steps around, repositioning himself for another opening.

Map for Round 4


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus drops his exhausted bow with a resounding thud. In the eerie silence outside the battle, it seems that no one has answered his cries. Hope seems to fade from his eyes in this moment, but he looks on to the next opponent with renewed determination. His motivation seems to have shifted from rescue to retribution.

drop crossbow, draw club, move to s70 to prepare a flank, avoiding the AoO, if you please.

Tuboo continues to bite into his victim, working his way up to the thigh as he searches for a better location to bite into.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 241d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3


Female Gnome Ranger/3

Jinjer continues her attack on n4, feinting and jabbing, whirling and stabbing!

Short sword attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Short sword damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

*cough* Jinjer, 5-foot step. flank next round. *cough*


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

ROUND 4 INITIATIVE 7 Hp 6/10

Move, remove dart from wound.

Standard, hurl same at n-5. Hit, 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14 Damage, 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"You dropped something."


Attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Brodgar takes another step to his right, his movement completely throwing off the swing he takes.

FFS to Q76


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Slaying his opponent, Stilgar proceeds to move to assist Brodgar at R77, attacking the nocturne with his warhammer.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Apologize for beign rather boring. Not exactly swimming in offensive tactics....yet. Stuff will get a lot more ineresting down the road I'm willing to bet.

And more attacks
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2
Tarrana wrote:

Apologize for beign rather boring. Not exactly swimming in offensive tactics....yet. Stuff will get a lot more ineresting down the road I'm willing to bet.

And more attacks
1d20+4
1d4+1

You said it. My bloodline ability isn't even useable until next level. Sigh.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Initiative Order:

Magnus
Tarrana
Jinjer
Stilgar
Gaius
Nocturne
Brodgar

Round 4:

Magnus pulls out his club and maneuvers around Jinjer's opponent, preparing to assist her in bringing the nocturne down.

Tuboo doesn't need to make another attack roll. So long as his opponent doesn't break the grapple, he can do automatic bite damage every round. Tuboo continues to gnaw on the nocturne's leg, evoking more shrieks of pain from the weasel's pale-skinned prey.

Tarrana whirls her sling again and launches another bullet at the dart-throwing nocturne and connects with better effect this time; the projectile skips off the side of the creature's skull with an audible impact, and he staggers half a step with the impact.

Jiner, at Magnus' coaxing, steps over the unconscious nocturne as she continues to battle her opponent, who appears to be weakening. She finds an opening and drives her blade home, biting deep into his shoulder, until the point of the blade digs into his scapula, then pulls free with a fresh gout of blood.

Stilgar moves up to assist his dwarven brother, surging forward as his hammer arcs up in an attack. The nocturne female sees him coming and sidesteps at the last second, and the cleric catches naught but air.

Gaius, teeth set in a grimace, pulls the nocturne's own dart from his wound and hurls it back with with a grim jest. The dart flies true, but strikes one of the studs on the gnome's armor, deflected at the last second.

The nocturne continue to fight in defense of their home. Jinjer's opponent slashes at her desperately, but the the ranger's last strike takes much of the strength out of his arm and she's able to deflect the strike easily. Out of darts, the next nocturne takes a moment to pick up the dart Gaius so graciously returned to him before chucking it back at the sorcerer. However, Gaius ducks the incoming missile and it glances off the cave wall behind him. Brodgar's opponent, now outnumbered, shrieks angrily as she thrusts her blade at the gnawing weasel, but is unable to hit as she is busy ducking attacks from two dwarven opponents now.

At this point, two other nocturne enter the cave from the northwest. One carries a spear in one hand and a readied dart in the other. The other, also a female, has a huge mass of dreadlocked hair pinned up in a great pile atop her head, almost doubling her height. Strange charms and bone ornaments bedeck her yarny coif. In each hand she carries a sealed ceramic container. These jars look familiar to Stilgar...

Brodgar continues his steady footwork, circling his way around his opponent. The two continue to hack and hew at each other, but neither has managed to deal any mortal wounds.

Map for Round 5


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

ROUND 5 INITIATIVE 7 Hp 6/10

Move. Draw fourth non poisoned dart.
Standard. Hurl same at the nocturne with the jars. Hit? 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14. Damage? 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Tuboo continues his assault on the body of the Nocturne and Magnus, knowing his general inability with melee, takes a cautious swing at the Nocturne before him after stepping to be opposite Jinjer and initiate a flanking position.

Tuboo Bite: 1 point non-lethal unless grapple removed.

Magnus Club attack fatigued, blessed, flanking: 1d20 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 1 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 31d6 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 2 - 1 = -1


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

From the other side of the cave, Stilgar notices the newcomers, his eyes drawn to the familiar jars in the nocturne's hands. He had originally suspected that they carried poison dosages, but the way the nocturne held them suggested that their use lied in other areas.

Wanting to cut down the enemies' numbers quickly, Stilgar attacks the nocturne before him once more.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


Female Gnome Ranger/3

Short sword attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21
Short sword damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Jinjer delivers another flanking attack at her opponent, trying desperately to take it down.
"We got more of 'em!" she yells as the two fresh nocturnes arrive on the battle scene.


Attack roll, including flank bonus
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Brodgar takes one final step, making a half-hearted swing with his axe. He meets Stilgar's gaze and gives a curt nod as thanks for his assistance.

Hopefully one of us will roll in the double digits at some point.


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

SPIN SPIN WHOOSH! N5's going to die eventually.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Gnome Ranger/3
Brodgar Gilthelm wrote:
Hopefully one of us will roll in the double digits at some point.

I know! I've rolled a freakin' "1" three times for damage!Gah!


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4
Magnus Thunderf00t wrote:

Oh mighty Dice Gods, please smile upon me!

Tuboo will attempt to move up and engage n1 if his movement will allow it. Otherwise he will take a 5-foot step and hold
Bite Attack:
1d20+3+1;1d3-4

Magnus move up to U77 and fires a bolt from his crossbow at n2, keeping his eyes open for the prisoners.
Crossbow:
1d20+3-1+1; 1d8+1

The power of Prayer, Ladies and gents. That was a critical threat. :P

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 5:

Magnus swipes at the nocturne with his club, but the flagging strength of his arm fails him as the opponent easily deflects his attack up and away.

Tuboo gnaws fiercely upon his nocturne prey, and more blood trickles down its boot.

Tarrana hurtles off another bullet, which misses her opponent by a hair's breadth.

Jinjer continues her deadly dance with her opponent, finding yet another opening and drawing blood. Her opponent, despite several open wounds, fights on tenaciously.

Stilgar takes a swing, hoping to catch the opponent across the midsection, but the filthy creature hops back, the hammer head arcing mere inches from it.

Gaius tosses another dart, again narrowly missing his target.

Jinjer's opponent ducks a slash and comes in low with his blade, it cuts into her leathers but draws no blood. The dwarves' opponent thrusts savagely Brodgar, who again turns aside the spearpoint with his shield. The first of the two newcomers takes a dart in hand, advancing and then hurling it at Gaius, who sidesteps the projectile which glances off the wall behind him. He notes that its tip is smeared blue with poison. The dread-coifed woman also moves forward and then lobs one of the ceramic containers; it arcs across the intervening space of the cavern to impact with Tarrana's skull. There is a flash and the contents of the pot violently ignite, covering her in flames. The group notes that though her clothing ignites, she seems unaffected by the assault.

Brodgar finishes maneuvering to his flanking position this round. However the fierce flurry of stabs coming from his opponent forestall any meaningful offense. His attack does little more than put the nocturne back on the defensive.

Updated Combat Map


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

ROUND 6 INITIATIVE 7 Hp 6/10

Move. Draw final non poisoned dart.
Standard. Hurl same at the nocturne with the jars. Hit? 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20. Damage? 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.

Once more with feeling!


Female Gnome Ranger/3

Sword attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16
Sword damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Jinjer pivots away from the nocturne and then quickly lunges back in, driving her sword in deep.
Five foot step to allow flanking.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Stilgar opens his mouth to let out a shout of concern for his companion, but the movement shifts to naught but a gaping expression of awe as she is evidently unharmed by the flames. Shunning his surprise for the moment at hand, Stilgar reverts his gaze to his opponent and lashes out once more, hoping that his flanking position finally gives him the edge he needs.

Attack (+1 morale, +1 luck, +2 flanking): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage (+1 luck): 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

Should his blow fell the nimble nocturne, Stilgar would drop his warhammer to his feet and retrieve one of the ceramic vessels he had acquired from the unconscious nocturne.

"Hmph. Poison indeed!" he would murmur gruffly as he does so, hoping for their sake that the jar consumes the nocturne with the same inferno as the one that currently engulfed Tarrana.

Not sure how the jar is stored, so it may take more than a move action.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus notes the tight cluster of Nocturne now present in the room and curses his impatience for not waiting for such an opportunity to take down more than one Nocturne with his magic. He again swings with his club and Tuboo continues to wear down his target.

1d20 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 1 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 31d6 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 2 - 1 = 1

gnomish:
"Surrender and your lives will not be forfeit this night. Resist us further and you will die. " Magnus directs this at the Nocturne who has just entered the room, assuming that it holds the leadership position here.


Brodgar sees the sudden assault on Tarrana and, aware that she's largely unharmed, nonetheless feels a sudden surge of cold fury at the nocturne that threw the jar.

Text assumes that Stilgar fells his opponent; Brodgar will carry out this action either way. I'm also assuming that N8 is the 'lead' Nocturne.

As his first opponent crumples to the ground under Stilgar's hammer blow, Brodgar whirls around and steps forward to lash at the dreadlocked nocturne.

Five foot step straight up; attack N8

Attack against N8
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Nice thing about the initiative order is what I'm about to do won't get Brodgar burned alive.

Covering her face to keep more of the nastier bits of pottery out of her eyes Tarrana is surprised by the warm feeling coming over her. Seeing the bright flames surrounding her and the tiny spirits dancing and playing within she starts to giggle and starts laughing hysterically, almost maniacally as the sling slips from her fingers and drops to the floor of the cave. She half stumbles, half walks to a position by the fire being sure to keep the nocturne's likely shocked expressions as she waved her hand through the flames catching a bit of the inferono in the palm of her hand as the fire danced happily about her. Smiling wickedly she looked into the eyes of the nocturne who hurled the jar and whispered a single word.

"Burn"

Her hands erupted into a conflagration of elemental fury jsut barely sparing her friends the wrath of her heritage.


Move to S75
Burning Hands SLA DC16

Burning Hands:
School evocation [fire]; Level magus 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1; Domain fire 1

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT
Range 15 ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION

A cone of searing flame shoots from your fingertips.

Any creature in the area of the flames takes 1d4 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 5d4).
Flammable materials burn if the flames touch them. A character can extinguish burning items as a full-round action.

1d4 ⇒ 4

[ooc]Not the most effective thing as it'll only get N8 and the one closest to Tarrana but it looks awesome.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 6

Initiative Order:

Magnus
Tarrana
Jinjer
Stilgar
Gaius
Nocturne
Brodgar

Magnus shouts out at the nocturne as he continues to harry his opponent, not scoring any solid hits but distracting him enough for Jinjer to take a tactical advantage.

Tuboo, emitting a low growl, continues his unrelenting savagery upon the nocturne's kneecap. DM Award for "Most Savage Familiar goes to...

Tarrana, laughing maniacally, moves forward near the fire and unleashes a cone of flame, encompassing the two nocturne that joined the battle late. And she will catch both of them, as per the Spell Area Templates in the PRD. Both appear taken aback by the oracle's appearance and demeanor, and are taken unprepared as the fire reddens and blisters their flesh.

Jinjer takes advantage of an opening, ducking in under her opponent's swing and driving her blade in his chest, pushing up to where she's nose to nose with the nocturne. Then, with a snarl, she shoves him free of the blade and he topples.

Stilgar takes advantage of the divided attention of his opponent, bringing his hammer around and connecting with the nocturne's head, right at the ear. With the resounding crunch, the nocturne sprawls to the floor. The cleric then drops his hammer with a resounding clang and retrieves one of the jars of alchemist's fire taken from the raiding party.

Gaius tosses another dart at his opponent in the midst of their back-and-forth firefight. With a high lob, the dart arcs up and over the fire. The nocturne scrambles to avoid it, but the dart comes down and embeds in his leg, driving the point down behind the kneecap. The nocturne drops with a short squeal before passing out from the pain.

The remaining female nocturne shouts something in a harsh tongue at her compatriot. Seeing Brodgar moving on her, axe at the ready, she raises her one free hand, slowly crouching toward the floor with the other, apparently to carefully place her other missile upon the floor. As she does so, she speaks in a harsh, grating voice. "Enough! Kravathku admits defeat. We shall fight no more." Then she repeats her order to the other nocturne, who reluctantly drops his weapon.

She gazes up at the inquisitor with her overlarge, watery blue eyes, fanged mouth in a grimace, awaiting a response.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus, aware of the ongoing situation,quickly sends his light (if any time remains down the tunnel to his right, where the new Nocturne did not originate from. He commands in Common "They have surrendered. Our concern is with the survivors. Jinjer, Gaius, and I will search the caves for anyone left, the rest of you should watch the Nocturne left here. This is not a time for arguments. Gather them in a group and watch them until we return. "

With this, Magnus requests Tuboo's withdraw from the fray and begins to move to his right, if the others are in agreeance. If not, Magnus will hold his action until a definitive decision is made.


Female Gnome Ranger/3

Jinjer uses the dead nocturne's clothing to wipe its blood off her sword and then, blade still in hand, she takes a few steps toward the survivors and says (in Gnome): "Where are the other prisoners? Which passage?"


Male Orc Expert 5

With the creatures suddenly demanding parley Tarrana's demeanor changes compeltely again. Cursing and muttering she proceeds to put her clothes out before they cause any severe harm to her belonings.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Just as a side note to clarify things: The nocturne speak Gnome. However, they also speak another language, unknown to any of the party, that appears to be their primary tongue. Kravathku, when she announced her surrender, spoke the Common tongue. In this instance, she also answers Jinjer's interrogation in Common.

The dreadlocked leader points toward the northeast tunnel. "Food be there, in larder, behind rocks."


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

With the enemy broken Gaius begins to collect their weapons. He pays special attention to the remaining jar and any darts with odd substances on the tips. The dart that hit him he tosses into the fire.

We should remain together Magnus. If there are others they know we are here by now and we will gain nothing by spreading Ow!

The distraction of combat gone Gaius is made painfully aware of his injury. A quick check reveals it is not bleeding not is it life threatening.

We should bind them near the fire where the light is best.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus approaches Gaius and speaks in a low tone so that the Nocturne do not hear.
He is assured of their answer regarding the location of the humans because he remembers the slight lean to the right from the finding sphere earlier. He is tempted to take out the orb just to be certain, but he decides against it.

"Agreed, Thunderer. But, have we any manacles or rope? "


Female Gnome Ranger/3

"Look! We don't have time to waste! For all we know the remaining villagers are being gutted right now for the stew pot! We know where they are, so cut the throats of these bastards and let's go!" Jinjer walks toward the NE passage and turns around...waiting...


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus moves towards the exit after Jinjer. "I'm right behind you Let's just get out of here and have an end to this night."

He realizes that the neurotic and micro-managing ways of spellcasters don't well apply themselves to rescue missions.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Kravathku snarls and spits. "Stupid lightborn gnome! The humans are in the larder. The cooks are here, bled out in our gathering place at the feet of your friends. There is no one left to kill them. Only I and my mate are left. We will fight you no more if you let us live. Threaten us with death again and I shall call the winged ones down upon you to feast on your flesh." With that pronouncement she gives a hiss, baring her sharp teeth at Jinjer. "Free us, and we shall take our mounts and leave this place. It is cursed. Twice our people have lived here and twice the human village has sent warriors to kill us. The stone god who dwells here does not wish us to stay; that much I know."

Magnus at this point is standing quite near the body the nocturne were carving. While much of the flesh has been stripped away, he can tell this is the body of a human male.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

"Let's go then. " Magnus gestures to the rest of the group. "Let's get these people home to their families."

Magnus takes a moment to pass by the leader of the Nocturne. His voice is low and he speaks in gnomish "I am sorry that so much blood was shed tonight. " He then sprints to catch up with the group going to the larder, leaving those words to stew in the mind of the Nocturne, hoping that they will realize that it was their actions which initiated the losses tonight on both sides.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

At the nocturne's request for a surrender, Stilgar stayed his hand, his intent to use the nocturne's own weapon against them faded. Surprised, the dwarf cautiously stows away the ceramic jar, before picking up his warhammer. He would carefully approach the two, listening to the leader's words carefully. The information Jinjer's words provoke piqued Stilgar's interest, the revelation that these were indeed the same nocturne that had been repelled from the village before.

"I have words for this one; go on and find the villagers," he would say to his two gnome companions, concerned that Jinjer's harsh tongue would land them in a battle they could not possibly win - if the nocturne was bluffing, he had no intention of calling it. Putting his hammer to his belt, Stilgar would look to the apparent leader.

"Enough blood has been shed tonight - in this you are correct," he would begin, his voice calm yet gruff, "But I have a question I must ask of you. Answer, and you and your mate shall be left unharmed." He knew that some in his group might dispute the offer, but breeding more animosity and being mauled by bats was the last item on his agenda. Saving whatever lives they could was more than enough.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"The warriors that attacked your people five years ago are mere rumor among my people. Who were they, and what became of them?"


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

Absnetmindedly as Tarrana smokes she dives her head into the bonfire singing off the rest of the burning oil from her hair awaiting the primitive nocturne's response. Cursing and muttering in IGnan about the mess it made of her hair.

The Exchange Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

The nocturne look on with a mixture of fear and awe as Tarrana places her head in the flames of the cookfire.

At Stilgar's question, the nocturne headwoman looks momentarily perplexed, and then barks out with harsh laughter.

"The dwarves that came five years ago did not know either. They came to roust my former tribe from the caves, but the warriors from the village had already done so. The survivors watched from afar. I was not here. I had been mated to a skilled warrior from another tribe. Those that fled from here came and joined and told us the tale. When hunting was bad at our home, I led a group here to reclaim these caves, knowing there was good hunting, and flesh to be had.

From what I remember of the tales, the fiercest among them was a female. She had hair the color of fire and bore a flail. There was a giant of a male, with hair the color of the night sky...he bore a hammer, like you, and that symbol as well," she says, pointing to the symbol of Baal you carry. Then she points down the tunnel after Jinjer and Magnus. "They spoke of one of the lightborn as well, like your two companions. He sang, and his music held power. This is all I remember. When they had told their tale of defeat at the hands of these warriors, we slew them. We thought them weak and fit only to be food. Now I know there is a curse upon these caves. The stone god here has punished us for returning. We cannot survive in the face of his wrath."

Meanwhile, those searching for the prisoners head through the northeast passage, finding a bend about twenty feet in, where it turns due north. At the bend, a pile of stacked stones sits, apparently blocking a small opening in the tunnel wall.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus calls out for the humans, listening intently, and keeping his eyes open for any signs of movement.
Perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


AC: 16 HP: 12/15, F:+1 R:+2 W:+7 Init: +12 Shaman 2

"Stone?" Tarrana says quizzically and seems to listen to the air for a strange moment with the flames dancing plafully in her hair before she shakes them out with a final run of her hands. "Stone merely listens and waits. It only moves at the whim of creatures, or the wind and rain. Fire lives, fire hungers. It feeds without regard to hunter or hunted." She turned a fiery glare on them "Embrace the mercy you've been granted this night by men. For if I even hear of more children being taken to these larders there will be nothing left of those who dwell here but the finest ash scattered across the wind."

If you want me to I'll roll an intimidate though I don';t think it's necessary by this point.


Brodgar lowers his axe and lets the others do the talking. He listens to Stilgar placate them and the woman's story. He thinks for a moment before asking, "There is one thing I wish to make clear," he says in a low tone, adjusting as he realizes he shouldn't sound so threatening. "You believe this place to be cursed because the village you struck, the village whose people you stole and..." he gestures to the skinned man, "struck back?"


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

"Don't try and convince the cannibal she's wrong. Just threaten her and let her run.

Gaius's voice comes out of the shadows where he is gathering weapons.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Is that directed at someone in particular, Gaius?


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2
Magnus Thunderf00t wrote:
Is that directed at someone in particular, Gaius?

Well I am in the room where Bogdar is questioning the Nocturne's faulty logic. Personally I think these caves getting a bad rep among the airborne mini-terrors is not a bad thing. I say no reason the give the nocturne Bogdar's name however.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Cheers to that. I've already said my piece and moved on, so just try not to be corpses when we get back.

451 to 500 of 1,871 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Red Group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.