Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Blue Group) (Inactive)

Game Master Shadowborn


901 to 950 of 1,903 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Moving to E17 - 20 feet- and attacking the goblin in F16 with my warhammer.

Auric picks his way through the barrels to head off the goblins, raising his warhammer high to strike one down.
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Warhammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Jon steps forward and avoids the barrel to strike at the goblin in F-16!

Attack with Scythe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

Note: not sure if my casting light happens on this turn or previously. If it's this turn, then Jon to stand back and direct the others. " There's one! And there and there!"


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

I move 15 feet to square C16 and shoot the Goblin in the corner - Square F19.

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Initiative Roll for William: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Initiative Order:

Gendo
Jon
Auric
Goblins
William

Round 1:

Gendo moves down and around the stairs, firing his crossbow at the goblin in the south corner. His bolt bites into the old barrel the goblin is using as cover.

Jon likewise descends the stairs, striding toward another opponent and bringing his scythe down in a vicious arc. The goblin shrieks and holds up its arm to block, but to no avail. Jon's opponent goes down in a spray of blood.

Auric, since Jon has downed his intended target, steps past the druid and stands over the fallen goblin to reach the one in the corner. He brings his hammer down puts a sizeable dent into the other goblin's skull, causing its eyes to cross before it crumples to the floor.

The remaining goblin, dismayed at the sudden loss of its companions, begins gibbering in its native tongue as it fires its bow at Jon. The arrow thunks into his thigh. 3hp damage.

William hops down a couple steps, using the high ground to his advantage and firing his bow at the remaining goblin. Attack roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 The arrow catches the goblin in the chest, but does not drop it.

There is a sudden movement from the space under the stairs. A flash of steel and and arc of blood, and Gendo falls to the ground with hardly a sound. 18hp damage. (Sorry, Gendo.) A massive figure seems to coalesce from the darkness under the stairwell: a humanoid creature with bat-like ears, standing nearly seven feet tall and covered in gray-black fur. His white eyes glitter with malice as he gives Auric and Jon a fanged leer. He brandishes a longsword, the remnants of Gendo's blood that run along the blade freeze solid as you look on.

Map


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

DOH!!! That's almost as bad as the one adventure I played with a guy where a Lamia stabbed my Paladin in the back of the head. The main difference between that backstab and this one...the hole in my skull was a much more detrimental and FINAL injury.


Jon sees Gendo fall and his jaw sets. "I don't know what you are, but your time on this earth is over. Prepare to meet your god."

Attack! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Keeping his head despite the angry vein popping out of his temple, Auric ignores the goblin nearest him, holding his warhammer in his shield hand. Red embers drift from his hand as his palm fills with warm red light.
"Rise, Gendo!", he exhorts as he presses the healing light of Baal against Gendo's near fatal wound.
Moving to around C16 and using lay on hands on Gendo.
Lay on hands: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

WOOHOO!!! That puts me at 1HP. Or are you a stern taskmaster GM that requires 2 points of healing for each negative HP? Most GMs I've gamed with do this.

On a completely unrelated gaming note...49ers are 8 and 1!!! Who would've thunk it?! The same squad that Mike Singletary coached and Jim Harbaugh has them playing the best football I've seen since Montana and Young years.

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Me? I've been called a harsh GM in the past, but I still err on the side of proper mathematics. -4 + 5 = 1.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Revised Initiative Order:

Gendo
Jon
Auric
Goblins
William
Moxug

Round 2:

Gendo! You're getting football in my Pathfinder! Cut it out! (I kid, I kid...)

Jon strides grimly towards the new opponent and takes a broad swipe with his scythe, which the furry humanoid easily parries aside. He jerks a clawed thumb at his chest as he replies, pointing his sword at the druid. "Moxug. You're next, farmboy."

Auric lays hands upon Gendo's wound. The bleeding ceases and the wound closes, though it still appears red and raw.

Gendo can take an action now, delaying down in the order to after Auric. Then I'll run through the rest of the round.

Map


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

If possible, I'd like to use Acrobatics to tumble away from my attacker and come up to my feet in the course of tumbling away. I would then go totally defensive for the remainder of the round.

Acrobatics check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 2, cont.:

Gendo's attempt to evade proves fruitless, as Moxug takes advantage of the opportunity to slash at him as he rolls away. However, the monk's reflexes save him as the blade puts a tear in his coat but does not bite flesh.

The remaining goblin archer raises his bow and lets an arrow fly at Auric, but the point is turned aside by the paladin's mail.

From down the tunnel comes the goblin with the blotchy face. He bares his teeth at Gendo as he raises a hand and spits out arcane words in a lispy sing-song. Eerie green wisps of energy begin to swirl about the fingers of his outstretched hand, when his injured tongue trips over a tricky syllable. The energies fade as the spellcaster shrieks in rage.

William moves to the bottom steps, away from Moxug and his deadly blade. He nocks another arrow and looses it at the archer, catching him in the neck. Attack & Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 ⇒ 4 The goblin falls.

Moxug weaves the sword in a deadly pattern against Jon's sweeping scythe. Jon's weapon is lured out, giving the hairy goblinoid an opening, and he thrusts home. The blade catches Jon in the torso, just under the ribs, burying in about four inches. 15 hp damage.

Map


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Auric steps up to Moxug, investing his warhammer with Baal's power.
"Baal! Grant me your aid!"
Warhammer w/Smite Evil vs. Moxug: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Wow. Epic. My AC is 18 against Moxug, though.


Jon cries out as the sword hits homes, opening a terrible wound. He withdraws, moving backwards to E-18 to cast a healing chant upon himself.

CLW:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Since withdrawing is a full-round action, I'll take the spell as your action on the following round.


Shadowborn wrote:
Since withdrawing is a full-round action, I'll take the spell as your action on the following round.

Doh! That will work!


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

I move to E17, and unleash an outside crescent kick to spellcasting Goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Should one of us take up playing William?

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

I've got William. I was just waiting on Gendo.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 3:

Revised Initiative Order:

Gendo
Jon
Auric
Ronk
William
Moxug

Gendo moves up on the unlucky spellcaster and snaps a waist-high kick, catching the goblin across the side of his prodigious, blotchy head. The blow turns the goblin 90 degrees. Spitting blood, he glares up at the monk with piggy red eyes. "Ronk hate you!"

Jon, holding his wound, falls back from Moxug.

Auric steps up, invoking the Forgefather's name and swinging a mighty blow. Moxug ducks aside, threatening Auric with the sword. "First a farmer, now a smith," he snorts, grinning at some private joke.

Ronk, the spellcaster, backpedals away from Gendo. Five feet back, he again pronounces arcane syllables, holding up his hands, fingers outspread. Flames begin to dance along his fingers, and the injured Jon realizes he's retreated into the line of fire, literally. However, just as the spell nears completion, the tongue-piercing Gendo delivered once again causes the goblin to falter, and the spell fails. Ronk is visibly seething with anger.

"Come my friends, we have them outnumbered and outclassed. Strive and we shall win the day and defeat this menace together!" William exhorts his companions on, moving down into the room and taking cover behind some barrels. Inspire Courage for the party; +1 to hit and damage.

Moxug ducks a swing by Auric, bringing the cold blade up in a quick slash. It seems a sure hit, but a red glow flashes a split second before the blade connects, and the blade is deflected, the frost coating the blade momentarily melting away. For the first time, Moxug's sneer falters.

Map


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Flush with Baal's divine presence and William's exhortations, Auric swings his hammer at Moxug.

Warhammer w/Smite Evil & Inspire Courage vs. Moxug: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 251d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11

"It's not nice to take other people's things.", Auric says, as if chiding a small child.


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

"One cannot hate until one loves" I say as I move forward 5 feet (to square F17) and deliver two rapid knife hand strikes to Ronk.

Flurry Attack 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Flurry Damage 1: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Flurry Attack 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Flurry Damage 2: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 4:

"Thtoopid hooman! Ronk h--" is all the blotchy gobin can get out before Gendo moves in and attacks, catching Ronk in the throat, cutting short anything else the goblin had to say. He gurgles and falls.

Jon casts his spell, stopping the bleeding from his stab wound.

Auric delivers his admonishment to Moxug, punctuating it with a solid thump to the chest with his warhammer that knocks the beast-man back half a step.

William continues to urge his fellows on, as well as delivering a warning. "Beware my friends! More foes join the fray, but we shall send them fleeing back to their dark holes in the ground!" You see more goblins on their way down the stairs, the first one met with a shot from William's bow, taking an arrow to the shoulder. Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Moxug presses back in on Auric. A vicious downward stroke opens a deep gash in the paladin's thigh. 13hp damage. "Deaders ain't people. Sword's mine, 'less you can take it from me." The mocking sneer has been replaced with a savage snarl.

Map


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Auric swings once more for Moxug, trying his hardest to end the fight.
Warhammer with Smite Evil and Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 131d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11

Muttering a prayer to Baal, he passes a hand over the recent gash in his leg.
Swift action- lay on hands on myself: 1d6 ⇒ 6


HP 12/19

Jon moves up to D 16 to stand next to Auric. He swings his scythe at the beastman!

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 + 1 = 13


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

I move to charge the goblins coming down the stairs, attacking the first one with a flying side kick.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 5:

Gendo moves swiftly across the intervening space, leaping up and catching the already wounded goblin across the side of the head, bouncing it off the wall and sending it tumbling to the basement floor.

Jon throws himself back into the fray, swinging in low and slicing deep into Moxug's side, pulling a roar of pain from the beast-man.

Auric takes another swing at Moxug, but fails to land the blow, favoring his leg wound until he uses his divine magic to close it.

The remaining two goblins move down the stairs, stabbing at Gendo with their swords, but he easily evades their clumsy attacks. Another goblin moves onto the stairs behind them.

William continues to inspire his allies with his stirring oratory as he fires a shot at the goblin highest up the stair. Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 The shot goes high and deflects off the ceiling.

Moxug snarls and slashes at Jon, who pulls back just in time as the tip of the blade passes a mere finger's breadth from his throat.

Map


Jon slashes again at Moxug!

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 1 = 8


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Auric likewise flails away at Moxug.
Warhammer w/Smite Evil and Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

No one else needs die here. You've fought as befits warriors. Yield now and live to fight another day. My voice, strong, carrying to all in the room. Carrying more than hint of what the outcome will be if they don't yield.

Intimidate Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

I go defensive to emphasize my point, to give them the opportunit to answer how they may.

edit:
OO...I'm real intimidating.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 6:

Gendo's words carry iron, but their weight is offset by the slashing blade of Moxug and the wounds it delivers. The goblins whoop and holler, pressing the attack.

Jon and Auric press the attack, hammer and scythe arcing in and out, but are met by Moxug's surprisingly nimble bladework. Neither man scores blood.

The two goblins furthest down the stairs stab and hack at Gendo, the one further up attempting to take advantage of the high ground. The monk sidesteps the first easily, but is distracted as the higher goblin stabs down. Only a quick twist of his head keeps the goblin blade from driving into his neck. The small but harmless nick on his ear reminds him to take these small humanoids seriously.

The third goblin digs out a pottery flask from a bag at his hip and hurls it across the room. It cracks against the halfling's chest, the contents bursting into flame and setting the bard ablaze. 3hp damage.

William bravely continues his oration despite the flames, firing in return on the goblin. Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 The shot buries deep in the goblin's gut.

Moxug ducks Jon's scythe blade, then whirls and chops his blade into Auric, taking him under the arm. 11 hp damage.

Map


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

Have it your way then, a vermin's end

I attack the Goblins lowest on the stairs.

Attack at Goblin in B17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack at Goblin in B16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

I then take a 5 step to A18.


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Auric grits his teeth as the blade bites into his side, grunting wordlessly in fury as he swings with all of his might at Moxug.

Power Attacking Warhammer + Smite Evil + Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 241d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14

With a prayer to Baal, he seals the latest gaping wound dealt by the beast man.
Swift action- Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Down to 7 hp.


HP 12/19

Jon snarls as the blade bites into Auric. "Filthy beast! Your time is at an end. May your next existence add to nature rather than taking it away from it!"

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 + 1 = 8

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Round 7:

Gendo snaps out with an open palm, smashing into the goblin's face and felling it. A throat thrust on the other has it gurgling in pain. As he steps to the base of the stairs the gleeful sounds of the third goblin greatly diminish as he sees the fate of his two companions.

Jon sweeps his scythe low, catching Moxug in the leg and slicing deep into his thigh.

As Moxug stumbles from his leg wound, Auric brings his hammer up in a high overhand swing. It comes down between Moxug's eyes with a devastating crunch. The deadly blade clatters to the floor. The blow has literally knocked Moxug cross-eyed, appearing to stare inwards at the great depression in his face as he drops lifeless to the floor.

The flames on William continue to burn fiercely this round, until they consume the contents of the jar and extinguish. 4hp damage. His attacker turns and flees back up the stairs, leaving Gendo's opponent alone to face the group.

Noting Moxug's defeat, the other looks over his shoulder and finds himself alone. With a shriek of fear and outrage, he turns tail and scampers back up the stairs.

William seems to sag a bit, leaving off from his oratory as he moves to regroup with the rest of you, batting at himself to extinguish his smoldering clothing.

At this point, I'll leave it to the group to decide if they want to continue in combat mode and pursue the goblins. If not, we'll take things a bit more leisurely.


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Panting and heavily wounded, Auric looks between his three comrades.
"Pursue? Or just be glad we took down fuzz-face here?"

Lest it be forgotten, the blacksmith-cum-paladin picks up the Duke's blade from Moxug's dead fingers.


"Let them go. We should tend to our wounds. I possess another healing spell. Auric, William, which of you shall be healed first?"

As soon as that's decided, Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

"Use it on Will or Gendo; Baal looks after me."

Auric starts turning out Moxug's pockets for anything interesting.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

William is currently at 8 out of 15 hp.

Looking over Moxug's body, you find (aside from the sword):

  • a light crossbow and 20 bolts
  • a morningstar
  • 2 daggers
  • a rather bloody suit of studded leather armor
  • a vial of antitoxin
  • a small clay sphere
  • a vial of yellowish-white liquid
  • a pouch containing 36gp and 12 sp
  • a folded piece of paper with a wax seal


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Is the seal broken or intact?
Edit: on reflection, Auric probably wouldn't know anything about an explosive runes spell or what have you, so open it we shall!

"Let's hope this isn't a goblin love letter...",Auric says as he thumbs open the seal on the piece of paper.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

The seal is intact. It is a blob of black wax stamped with a symbol of three interlocking, inverted triangles, like so. Perception check as you examine it.


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

Having some trouble with the link there.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Sorry. Forgot to change the privacy settings. Fixed.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

William's Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

William notes nothing out of the ordinary about the letter. As for the clay ball, he thinks it might be a smoke bomb. Hollow, with two alchemical agents in it separated by a thin clay wall. When smashed, the two agents mix and create a burst of smoke. Acts as a smoke stick, but only lasts 1 round.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Contents of the letter.


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

"Huh.", Auric says,"You're gonna want a look at this, Gendo."


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

I raise my right eyebrow in curiousity as Auric calls my attention to the letter. Whincing a bit, I walk slowly to Auric and accept the letter, reading it with deliberate care. The hint of a smile crosses my face moments before my lips tighten briefly in concern before returning to my usual carefree expression.

It appears that Master Heyward is alive, at least at the time this letter was scribed. I believe our choice is quite simple. Either continue to chase this Varrus or await the arrival of his compatriots Devrik and Zapaazarus. One blade, two edges, which do we measure?


Male Human (Tian stock) Monk 3

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! Oh, and...GO NINERS!!!


Male Half-elf Paladin 4/Champion Tier 1

"We're pretty peaked, from the looks of us.", Auric says,"I'd say we oughtta regroup and marshal our resources, return the blade to the barrow and see what happens from there. We gotta repay the Aarocka too. As for the necromancers... I'd say take out that Varras since he's supposed to be away from the other two. No mention of how long it'll be before the dwarf and the gnome are here, eh?"

Moxug's armor doesn't look particularly good, does it?

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

It appears to be a standard set of studded leather.

901 to 950 of 1,903 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Blue Group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.