Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadow over Riddleport

Game Master Joana

"Gristav failed to mention that our destination was a house of madness and murder... so no, I didn't come that prepared." -- Phillip Hargreaves


51 to 100 of 6,555 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1

Malkith finishes chewing before explaining, "A harrowing can be a very personal thing. Whether they expect it or not, for weal or woe, things may turn up that an individual does not wish others to know. They are not always comfortable with what the fates have to reveal, let alone sharing it with others." He directs his gaze at Braddon for emphasis. "But it is a minor matter. It is likely that I will be in Riddleport for some time yet and can perform a harrowing for you later."


Male Halfling Inquisitor of Calistria (Heretic archetype)

With Arnando at the Bar:

Phillip looks down and seems a little surprised that his holy symbol is visible...
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 To sell the surprise
...before tucking it back away inside his clothes. Marking the name proffered as one to look into later Phillip shrugs and replies with a twinkling eye and wink "Perhaps... though there are many places that I might visit while I am here... including perhaps those that might allow predator and prey to cohabit." pausing for a few moments to smirk before finishing "But for now I welcome the calm and sanctity that you offer." raising his tankard and quaffing a swallow by way of salute.


hp 22 / 22; AC 16; Init +2 Male Half-elf Ranger 2
Malkith Deraythen wrote:
Malkith finishes chewing before explaining, "A harrowing can be a very personal thing. Whether they expect it or not, for weal or woe, things may turn up that an individual does not wish others to know. They are not always comfortable with what the fates have to reveal, let alone sharing it with others." He directs his gaze at Braddon for emphasis. "But it is a minor matter. It is likely that I will be in Riddleport for some time yet and can perform a harrowing for you later."

"I've got nothing to hide," lies Braddon with a casual shrug. "Do I have to cross your palm with silver, or do you need a drop of blood, or something like that?"

Cogs tick over in Braddon's mind. "Some time in Riddleport? You're not local? Where are you from? What's your future?"


Arnando looks dissatisfied with the halfling's answer but turns his attention to Daynadrian's inquiry. "Depends on what sort of action you're looking for. You've arrived on our day of rest here in Riddleport; the casinos in the Free-Coin district are open six days a week, then shut down to count their winnings and give the poor bastards who've lost their purses there a chance to drown their sorrows while they can still afford a drink. But tonight...."

Before he can finish his sentence, another visitor comes through the door carrying a sheaf of parchments: a woman with pointed horns showing through her dark hair and a long devil's tail.

Perception 8:
On second glance, she's not really a tiefling; the horns and tail are merely a costume.

Arnando gapes at the newcomer. "Nine Hells, Liry, what are you thinking?!"

She shrugs. "Who pays the piper calls the tune. Old Stumpy's finally revealed the theme of his grand-opening night; wants us all in fancy dress early to drum up interest. He even paid some apprentice over at the Cypherlodge to magic up a bunch of copies of a billet to pin up around town." She ruffles the parchments in her hand. "Can I put one on your wall?"

"Here, let me see that," the barkeep replies suspiciously. He takes a copy and looks it over, his face darkening. "Lalie, have a look at this."

Samaritha looks at the stack of papers dejectedly, calculating how many coins the lucky apprentice must have been paid to produce them by cantrip. "I could have done that," she mumbles before a thought suddenly occurs to her. "Do you think he needs any more staff for tonight?" she asks the woman eagerly. "Carrying trays or taking orders or even just cleaning up afterwards?"

Liry looks at Samaritha appraisingly and shrugs. "Dunno, sweetie," she says noncommittally. "Can't hurt to ask, I guess."


Male Halfling Inquisitor of Calistria (Heretic archetype)

Perception - auto succeed with a +8

The arrival of Liry gives Phillip pause and sets thoughts floating through his mind. Furrowing his brow he considers his options. A grand-opening... there is bound to be opportunity for one of such few acquaintances there. To aid his thought he pulls out a copper coin and sets it to dancing across his fingers. I wouldn't mind a look at that billet... but no need to rush. - waiting for an opening where he might look upon the content without making his interest plain.


Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1

"I price is in silver." The corner of Malkith's mouth twitches as he surprises his amusement, "Blood will not pay for my journeys. As for my home, it is on the open road. Riddleport is merely a waypoint along the way." The Varisian is about to comment about his future when someone else walks through the door, drawing the attention of the tea room.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

After listening to the conversation between the woman and the bartender, Malkith addresses Samaritha, "Do you know what this grand-opening is that they are talking about?"


Hp :8/8; AC 11(15) / 11 tch / 10(14) ff; Wastrel 1
Lil Scarlet wrote:
"'Sand-Point?'" she asks, amusement in her voice. "Bucolic little country town, I take it? I can just picture him do-si-doeing with the farmers' daughters at the barn raising. How very wholesome. Hm? This evening? You haven't heard? There's only one event in Riddleport this evening, and it's the grand opening of Saul Vankaskerkin's latest business venture. Everyone's invited; the only question is who's going to show up."

"Well, that is fortuitous, I suppose. It will be much easier to be introduced into Riddleport's society at this sort of function. Stars of Desna! I need to get cleaned up and present myself to Saul! I will of course see if he needs any specific assistance with his business."

"Lil, you haven't said yet what he is doing. I do hope it isn't anything so prosaic as a brothel, and as you haven't mentioned it, it cannot be something of normal trade." Tendal frowns.


Male Elf Urban Ranger/ 1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28

Dayn, never having been to one and only having read of them, definitely perks up at the mention of a casino. He is very interested to hear of the evenings activities when it seems that fate finishes the bar keep's sentence for him.

Glancing at the newcomer and seeing her as she truly is, Dayn, turns back to Arnando, raising an eyebrow as he says wryly "...But tonight, This, I suppose?" indicating the flyer in the man's hands.

Turning back to the woman addressed as Liry he smiles what he hopes is charmingly and says "Lovely costume my dear, the succubi have nothing on you. May I see one of those please?"
Diplomacy (charm/flirting): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Is it just me, or are the 'L' names getting a bit confusing?? Lil, Liry, Lalie. lol


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Wizard
Malkith Deraythen wrote:
After listening to the conversation between the woman and the bartender, Malkith addresses Samaritha, "Do you know what this grand-opening is that they are talking about?"

"I heard something ... a new casino, I think," she tells Malkith distractedly, "up at the Gold Goblin. The casinos in the Free-Coin district all hire through Cleg Zincher, but they say he and Saul Vankaskerkin hate one another. If he can't find enough staff willing to cross Zincher, he might be willing to hire people on off the street. It's worth a try, anyway."


Male Human Rogue (Investigator)/ 1

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Curious about the unusual woman who stepped into the room, Sarien turns his attention to the news she brings in with her. A casino is rife with possibilities.


hp 22 / 22; AC 16; Init +2 Male Half-elf Ranger 2

"Hiring people off the street, hey? Well, I could use some coin. When were you heading over, Samaritha? I'd be glad to join you."
Braddon chews another mouthful thoughtfully and stares at Malkith for a second. "Hey, if you can see the future, could you see how to win at the casino? If you needed a hand, I could help. I could be your stooge. Or off-sider. Whatever that word is. The guy who convinces everyone you're genuine but who's actually working with you to fool them. Yeah, that guy." Braddon smiles encouragingly.


Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1

Malkith finishes the last of his meal before acknowledging Braddon's questions. "Even if I were inclined to use my gift in such a frivolous manner, I could not. The time and effort required to divine the will of the fates far exceeds the fast pace activity of a gambling den." He lifts his mug and drains the last of the ale. He looks first at his dinning companions and then the other occupants of the room as he ponders the events of this morning. Finally he sighs a pulls the cup of tea closer.

Malkith cautiously dips a single finger into the water, ensuring it's not too hot. Satisfied, he stirs the water with his finger before pouring the contents into his now empty ale mug, careful to lose only the liquid. The Varisian gives the cup a shake and pours any last drops of tea into his mug. Setting the cup down before him, he stares intently at the patterns formed by the remaining leaves.

GM:

Not sure how you want to work this out. If you want to use this as an opportunity to pass some GM message or influence my way, feel free; perhaps with a profession (fortune-teller) check to determine how successful I am at divining the what fate (i.e. GM) has in store for us. Alternatively, I was planning to just come up with some generic reading driving us on to the casino.


Arnando passes the handbill over to Lalie and continues frowning at Liry. "What's Saul playing at? He's already got Zincher against him, and the Overlord can't be thrilled he's opening his own casino, even by pussyfooting around being a direct competitor by working the night Cromarcky's district is closed. Now he's going out of his way to antagonize Shorafa? Is he trying to offend every power broker in Riddleport?"

She shrugs. "Not my problem. Dungo and I got paid up front; only way I'd agree to show up to Old Stumpy's party. Only way he got any of the talent, from what I hear. We'll walk away okay, even if it's an empty house, and be working in the Overlord's establishments again tomorrow night; only sensible thing to do if Zincher leans on everyone to stay away. Might as well get a pocketful out of Saul Vankaskerkin's shattered dreams on my night off as sit at home listening to Dungo whine. I put a blanket over him, but it doesn't shut him up," she complains.

"Don't know how you live with that thing," Arnando shudders.

"You call this living?" she quips back automatically. "Seriously, he comes in handy to get rid of men I regret asking up."

"What do you do with it when it's a man you don't want to get rid of?"

"Dunno," she grins. "I'll let you know when I find one."


Female Tiefling (Chelaxian)
Tendal Deverin wrote:
"Lil, you haven't said yet what he is doing. I do hope it isn't anything so prosaic as a brothel, and as you haven't mentioned it, it cannot be something of normal trade." Tendal frowns.

"A brothel?" She laughs. "Shorafa'd have his hide nailed to her wall before he even knew he'd been flayed. No, it's the Overlord he's taking on; he's opening a casino."

As Liry enters the room, Lil's attention seems drawn away from Tendal to the newcomer. Although he can't see her face, the way her fingers tighten unconsciously around the stem of her wine glass makes him think she is agitated or angry.


Eulalie frowns and hands the paper back to Arnando, who tosses it casually onto the bar in front of Phillip and Sarien, his attention still drawn by Liry.

Daynadrian Nirgassan wrote:
Turning back to the woman addressed as Liry he smiles what he hopes is charmingly and says "Lovely costume my dear, the succubi have nothing on you. May I see one of those please?"

"Sure thing," she tells him affably, handing over a copy out of the sheaf in her hands. "Pass it along when you're done with it."

Dayndarian and anyone else who reads the advertisement:
Hell Hath No Fury! like the man who misses this event!
The New! Gold Goblin casino invites you to a Night in Cheliax!
Hellknights! ... Hellspawn! ... Hell Yes! We've got it!
The Devil Himself can't resist trying his luck at our games of chance and skill!
The Free-Coin district is closed so come see what's Open!
Gain the world and Sell your Soul!
Yes! We have Dungo!
Tonight Only! Gold Goblin Casino, River District


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Wizard
Braddon Hurst wrote:
"Hiring people off the street, hey? Well, I could use some coin. When were you heading over, Samaritha? I'd be glad to join you."

"I ... I don't know. I was planning to go wait outside the Cypherlodge again to try to catch someone's attention, but.... Do you think I'd be more likely to get hired if I'm at the front of the line or if I show up at the last minute when he's desperate for another server?" She smiles across the table at Malkith. "Perhaps I should take you up on that Harrowing," she says, half-joking.

Malkith:
At first, the tea leaves seem to form no discernible pattern; then you blink and, in the instant before your eyes close, the lines of the celestial rune which indicates 'opportunity' leap out at you. When you open your eyes again, they are lost in the damp muddle of leaves. It flashes through your mind that, in the economical language of the benevolent Outer Spheres, the rune for 'opportunity' can also mean 'danger.'


Hp :8/8; AC 11(15) / 11 tch / 10(14) ff; Wastrel 1

Tendal glances at Lil's hand for a moment. "Hmmm. Are you finding your wine offensive?" Realizing where Lil's eyes are resting, Tendal looks over his shoulder at the newcomer. and lets out a short bark of a laugh. Turning back to Lil, a he has a slight grin on his face.

"Well, that is certainly unexpected. But mildly amusing." Then a slight frown crosses his features.

"I am more concerned with the devil imagery that she portrays. Is this typical for Riddleport Lil? Chelaxian influence and imagery, or is this something innocuous?"

"As an aside, have you broken your fast yet? I am hungry and haven't eaten yet."

Tendal raises a hand and waves at Arnando.


hp 22 / 22; AC 16; Init +2 Male Half-elf Ranger 2

Braddon takes the advertisement as it comes by and reads over it.
"Ye Gods!!! I can't get away from the cursed place."

"What's with the Cypherlodge?" Braddon asks Samaritha absently before passing on the ad.
"Is that where this casino is opening?" "Though if it's Chelish themed maybe everyone will think I'm pretending to be from Cheliax."

"If you want to work for this opening, probably better off turning up and asking early. If he doesn't get the people you can turn up again later, but if you turned up later and he had the people, you wouldn't be able to try again earlier. If you are heading over early, I'll wait for you and join you. I reckon I could make a great Hellknight."
Braddon flexes his arm to reveal firm and well sculpted muscle. "AWAY DEMONS. I SMITE AT THEE!" He swings an imaginary sword at some unseen foe, but the move is practiced and precise even while sitting. He grins triumphantly and returns to his breakfast.


Male Human Rogue (Investigator)/ 1

Sarien glances at the flyer as it lands on the bar before passing it over to Phillip.

"I wasn't aware that Hell is such a drawing point for gambling," he comments dryly.


Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1

Malkith stares at the tea cup. Eventually he begins to push the leaves around, like a ranger covering his tracks in the forest. As he does so, he speaks as if to the cup, "Today is a day of opportunity. That which is sought will reveal itself. Such rewards, however, do not come without great personal risk. Only those willing and able to face such adversity have the hope of achieving their potential." Finally, he looks up. Setting the cup down, he reaches for his mug.

As he raises the mug to his lips he apologizes, "The leaves aren't as exacting as a harrow reading I'm afraid, but they can still provide auspicious portents."

Malkith takes the flier that Braddon passes and reads it as he finishes his beverage. "Opportunity and danger go without saying in a city like Riddleport, but I think fate may be upping the ante this evening."


Male Halfling Inquisitor of Calistria (Heretic archetype)

Phillip casts a surreptitious glance the way of the flyer and reads of it's content. Gaudy... but if it is the only den of vice open this eve then pickings should be thick... but to work? That could either help or hinder. Though walking beside? taking his mug in hand as he swivels on his chair towards Sarien.

"Aye... though people's desires are varied and wide. If nothing else it might be a spectacle no?"


Male Elf Urban Ranger/ 1

Smiling as the reads the flyer, when finished, still trying to get the attention of Liry, he says with a grin "Sounds interesting. Would you by any chance be interested in helping a fellow find a suitable costume for tonight's event? Oh, and, what, exactly, is a Dungo?"

Did his 17 Diplomacy roll seem to have any visible result on Liry?


Male Human Rogue (Investigator)/ 1

Sarien nods. "A fine way to get a little insight on more of the locals as well." And perhaps the door to a new beginning, he thought to himself.


Male Halfling Inquisitor of Calistria (Heretic archetype)

With a hint of a smirk in the corner of his mouth Phillip agrees "Oh aye, insight indeed..." to hearts and purses both "...will your interests engage your time today or have you it free to your own devices?"


Female Human (Chelaxian)
Daynadrian Nirgassan wrote:
Smiling as the reads the flyer, when finished, still trying to get the attention of Liry, he says with a grin "Sounds interesting. Would you by any chance be interested in helping a fellow find a suitable costume for tonight's event? Oh, and, what, exactly, is a Dungo?"

"Sorry; I'm working today." She ruffles through the handbills pointedly. "Unless you can convince Old Stumpy to hire you on to give me a hand drumming up publicity. He'd probably have a costume for you, too. As for Dungo, it's not a Dungo, but the one and only. And if you want to see him," she slaps his leg playfully with her stack of parchments, "you'll have to be at the Gold Goblin tonight, won't you?"

Daynadrian:
She has neither slapped you nor thrown a drink in your face which, your research into human behavior leads you to believe, must be a positive sign. She's a little hard to read, though, being in the entertainment business as she is; she is obviously adept at presenting a public face.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Wizard
Braddon Hurst wrote:

"What's with the Cypherlodge?" Braddon asks Samaritha absently before passing on the ad.

"Is that where this casino is opening?"

"Oh, no," she explains quickly. "The Cypherlodge is an organization of scholars and mages doing arcane and historical research. The Gold Goblin," she smiles wryly, "it's just a run-down old inn converted to a casino. But if wearing horns and a tail and serving drinks can help cover my expenses until I can find someone to hire me on as an assistant at the Cypherlodge ... well, it's a better job than any alternative I've been offered."

She laughs with genuine amusement at the half-elf's Hellknight impression but sobers up at Malkith's reading. "'Great personal risk?' How dangerous can working in a casino be?" she wonders nervously. "Anyway, you've convinced me: I'll go ask about a job for the night at the Gold Goblin. The worst they can do is say no, right? And then I go wait around the Cypherlodge like I was planning to do anyway. It's not like I'll have lost anything but a little time and fare to cross the river."


Female Tiefling (Chelaxian)
Tendal Deverin wrote:

Tendal glances at Lil's hand for a moment. "Hmmm. Are you finding your wine offensive?" Realizing where Lil's eyes are resting, Tendal looks over his shoulder at the newcomer. and lets out a short bark of a laugh. Turning back to Lil, a he has a slight grin on his face.

"Well, that is certainly unexpected. But mildly amusing." Then a slight frown crosses his features.

"I am more concerned with the devil imagery that she portrays. Is this typical for Riddleport Lil? Chelaxian influence and imagery, or is this something innocuous?"

"Typical?" she asks icily, pushing her hood back off of her head. "I like to think I'm not, nor have I anything to do with Cheliax. This insult is aimed a little closer to home."

The woman under the cloak is a stunning brunette, whose beauty is marred (or accented, depending on your point of view) by blood-red eyes and gleaming horns the same bright color as her nail lacquer. Now that the real thing is unveiled in the same room, there's no doubt that Liry's horns and tail are a tawdry costume.


Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1
Samaritha Beldusc wrote:
She laughs with genuine amusement at the half-elf's Hellknight impression but sobers up at Malkith's reading. "'Great personal risk?' How dangerous can working in a casino be?" she wonders nervously.

Malkith shrugs in response, "Riddleport can be a dangerous place. Dens such as the Gold Goblin tend to attract some of the worse sorts a community has to offer. I would think it only goes with the territory."

A motion from the corner of his eye pulls Malkith's attention. As the fiend exposes her identity from across the room, the Varisian lets out a low hiss. His free hand unconsciously falls to his side.


hp 22 / 22; AC 16; Init +2 Male Half-elf Ranger 2

"I'll accompany you to the Gold Goblin when you're ready," Braddon tells Samaritha. "Malkith is right- it could be dangerous- but that just means we can charge more for our services. And I'll look out for you, so you'll be..."
Braddon lurches back at Malkith's hiss and move, his hand reaching for his own dagger, then follows the man's gaze to the tiefling. When Braddon sees Lil, he immediately relaxes and he flashes her a huge grin. He turns back to Malkith, still grinning.
"What's the problem? She is gorgeous!"
He looks at Samaritha and forces the grin from his face.
"You'll be fine. I can handle any trouble. And I'd appreciate being shown where the Gold Goblin is." Braddon smiles sheepishly.


Male Human Rogue (Investigator)/ 1
Phillip Hargreaves wrote:
With a hint of a smirk in the corner of his mouth Phillip agrees "Oh aye, insight indeed..." to hearts and purses both "...will your interests engage your time today or have you it free to your own devices?"

Sarien allows a smile to touch his lips. "Oh, I have no other plans today. I might just choose to attend this grand opening."

He tenses a little at the commotion that accompanies the revelation of the Tiefling but he relaxes again when he sees her making no further movement. The horned woman was certainly an attractive one but he saw no reason to be alarmed by her presence.


Male Halfling Inquisitor of Calistria (Heretic archetype)

With Sarien at the Bar:

The unveiling of the tiefling draws a narrowed gaze from Phillip for but a moment... before his eye quickly flits to the other patrons, trying to gauge their reaction...
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 For a general hunch on how badly persecuted tieflings might be in Riddleport.
...before averting his eyes and turning back to Sarien. Left hand moves to his mustache briefly to smooth it out and replies "The day is young and we're just ashore... I wouldn't mind passing an eye over this flash house in the bright of the day afore comes the night and spectacle. Riddleport strikes me a town where a single man walking is more likely to draw a lazy eye than two walking beside... if you're not too sick of my face from the passage I'd suggest we share a cadence at least for the day?"


Male Human Rogue (Investigator)/ 1

Sarien studies Phillip a moment before nodding slowly. "That's a thought with merit. Agreed."


Male Halfling Inquisitor of Calistria (Heretic archetype)

With a confirmatory nod "Excellent good... let's get moving once the city awakens a little further."


Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1

Keeping his voice low, Malkith explains, "She is tainted by the blood of fiends. I find their kind deceitful and troublesome." Gradually he turns his attention back to his own table, although his hand remains under the table.


With the exception of a few of the newcomers, no one in the room seems at all startled by Lil's unveiling.

Phillip:
Eulalie rolls her eyes at the tiefling's dramatic gesture, and a few of the sailors give each other a nudge and a smile.

Liry gives her a slow smile. "Morning, Lil. Nothing personal. You wear what the man who's paying you tells you to. In your line of work, you ought to understand."

"Now, that's uncalled for, Liry," Arnando puts in angrily, but Lil waves off his protection.

"It's fine, Arnando. She's right. My quarrel isn't with the arrow but with the man whose fingers are on the bowstring. Listen," she addresses Liry, "you give Saul a message for me. You tell him that not only do I know that his son Orik is still alive and not murdered in the bottom of the harbor somewhere, but I know where he is right now. It would be a shame if word got back to Cleg Zincher. Saul's already lost so much. Arnando," she tosses a gold coin onto the bar, "give my new acquaintance the rest of the '04 red. He's earned it." She smiles over her shoulder at Tendal, flounces her long cloak into a swirl of billows at her ankles, and stalks out the door.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Wizard

Samaritha leans across the table to whisper to Malkith. "It's all right. I was startled the first time I saw some walking down the street in the open, too. But in Riddleport, most of the tieflings are under the protection of Shorafa Pamodae; no one wants trouble with her."


Male Elf Urban Ranger/ 1
Liry Parmenter wrote:
Daynadrian Nirgassan wrote:
Smiling as the reads the flyer, when finished, still trying to get the attention of Liry, he says with a grin "Sounds interesting. Would you by any chance be interested in helping a fellow find a suitable costume for tonight's event? Oh, and, what, exactly, is a Dungo?"

"Sorry; I'm working today." She ruffles through the handbills pointedly. "Unless you can convince Old Stumpy to hire you on to give me a hand drumming up publicity. He'd probably have a costume for you, too. As for Dungo, it's not a Dungo, but the one and only. And if you want to see him," she slaps his leg playfully with her stack of parchments, "you'll have to be at the Gold Goblin tonight, won't you?"

** spoiler omitted **

Feeling he's doing winningly at his first real attempt at flirting with a human female, Dayn's grin gets even wider, if that is possible.

Not really needing the gold right now, but very eager to get a chance to work with, and hopefully get to know better, the ravishing and very interesting woman before him, he replies "Well, that sounds like a fabulous idea! Where and how should I find this 'Old Stumpy' to convince him to hire me on to help you? Or perhaps you'd like to come with me to speak with him and give me a personal recommendation? While you certainly look like a lady who can handle herself, I've heard Riddleport can be a might rough at times, so surely an extra pair of eyes to watch your, ah, back, plus some company to help the hours go by more quickly, wouldn't be a bad thing? I'd also appreciate the chance to get to know the city a bit better with one of it's more lovely residents to help guide me through it's streets. So what do you say? Let's go see Old Stumpy?"

Before she gets a chance to answer though, there's a hiss and some disturbance in the corner. His hand automatically dropping to his sword hilt, Dayn quickly turns to check it out. Upon seeing the cause, his stance relaxes, yet his gaze is momentarily mesmerized by the sight before him. Staring in open fascination for a few seconds at the tiefling, he does a bit of a comical double-take between the real thing and the girl in costume before him. Realizing how foolish he must look, she grins in embarrassment and shugs his shoulders. As the tiefling makes her exit, he leans forward and stage whispers to Liry "I like your horns much better." followed by a friendly yet flirty wink.


hp 22 / 22; AC 16; Init +2 Male Half-elf Ranger 2
Malkith Deraythen wrote:
Keeping his voice low, Malkith explains, "She is tainted by the blood of fiends. I find their kind deceitful and troublesome." Gradually he turns his attention back to his own table, although his hand remains under the table.

"Tainted blood? I used to get that a lot too, growing up in a human port. Some 'pure' blood sailor even pulled a knife on me. Apparently my kind are weak and cowardly. My father may have been human, but he was also military. Dead sailor. The locals left me alone after that though I do wonder, if he'd been local himself would they have avenged him instead?"

Braddon pushes his plate away and stands, nodding to Samaritha. He crosses to the other table, grabs his pack and approaches Arnando.
"I'll take a room."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric

"Not here you won't, mate," Arnando answers mildly, pocketing Lil's coin. "This is a tavern and a temple, not an inn. The only folks with rooms here are Lalie and me, so unless you want to try to talk your way into her bed, you'll have to make other arrangements. Samaritha's right about the Gold Goblin, though: it used to be an inn under the previous ownership; if Saul has refurbished the bedrooms, he might have rooms to let. Otherwise, the safest inn in town is the Mystery of the Gate, but it's mighty dear. Owned by the Cypherlodge." Holding up the half-empty bottle of red wine for Tendal's examination, he grins, "You want to drink it here or take it with you?"


Hp :8/8; AC 11(15) / 11 tch / 10(14) ff; Wastrel 1

Tendal stands as Lil departs, heat rising in his neck and face as the monstrous enormity of how she had played him began to sink in.

Vile creature, manipulative and foul, exactly like her parentage. Chelaxian, no, perhaps not by nationality, but by word and action, the spitting image of one.

(Mistakenly) Thinking that Arnando is speaking to him, he turns, cane held tightly in a white-knuckled grip.

"My good man, you must be a bit deaf. I said nothing about accommodations. I asked about food. But I believe that my stomach has gone a bit sour." Tendal looks at the bottle of wine in Arnando's hand for a moment, then sneers.

"I would pour that bottle out if I were you. It has obviously turned to vinegar, or that could just be the taste of treachery and scum in my mouth." Tendal then looks pointedly at Arnando.

"I was directed to this...tavern...by someone who suggested that the people here were honest and decent, and would see that I reached Saul with minimal danger. However within moments of coming in, you, with full knowledge, put me in the middle of a blood feud of some sort. I was looking for assistance, and you simply shoved me at that woman. Excuse me for assuming that you were directing me to her for my benefit, as I had asked you for aid. But no, you directed me to her for your own benefit, and used me roughly sir. Due to you, a good friend may have been placed in danger. You are no gentleman, and it is good that you are not or we would have words."

"Good day sir."

Tendal turns and looks about for a moment, he then grabs his gold coin off of the table and walks towards the bar, leaving Arnando behind. Seeing Liry, he approaches, his face still florid with anger, his eyes flashing.

"Since you are distributing waybills, I will make the assumption that you know your way about this town quite well. Do you have the time to guide me to the Golden Goblin? I have coin that seeks less base accomodations." he says as he flips the gold coin to her.


Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1

Malkith leans back in his chair, watching as the teifling stalks from the tavern. The loathing in his expression fades with her retreat.

Returning his attention to Samaritha, Malkith says, "It seems the Golden Goblin is the talk of the town, or at least this tavern. Perhaps you'll allow me to accompany you on your way over there. My interest is peaked."


Male Human Rogue (Investigator)/ 1

Sarien raises his eyebrows in amusement at the outburst from the dandy who'd been talking to the tiefling. "That one's awfully touchy to be in a city like Riddleport. If he takes offense that easily, the odds of his survival here are probably worse than those awaiting clientele at this new casino.

He takes another sip at his wine to help ease the laughter wanting to bubble out of his throat.


Male Halfling Inquisitor of Calistria (Heretic archetype)

"Heh, no doubt"


Liry catches Tendal's coin in the air expertly, her eyes flashing as she appraises its value in the air. "Looks like you're in luck, elf," she remarks to Daynadrian. "I just happen to be on my way back to the Goblin now. You're welcome to tag along, if you like. Yes, sir!" she directs her attention to Tendal. "Happy to take you directly to Old ... er, to Mr. Vankaskerkin himself. Just give me a moment to finish up here." She brandishes her sheaf of parchments in the direction of the sailors' table. "Josper? You and your boys looking for some diversion this evening?"

"Sorry, Liry," the answer comes back. "We're off again with the afternoon tide."

She turns to the dwarves, hesitates, then, as a grey-bearded dwarf at the head of the table turns a weary eye on her, shrugs and backs away. "Ready to go," she tells Tendal and Daynadrian.


Male Elf Urban Ranger/ 1

Danaydrian's eyebrows rise in some surprise and amusement as the fancy man blows his top. However as the man approaches Liry, anger still in his face and rudeness in his tone, things change considerably.

Quickly standing, the Ranger catches the coin in the air and slaps it back down on the man's palm, anger rising in his own voice "I may not speak with your fancy city words 'sir', but I do know how a lady is to be treated. Whether she takes up your offer or not is up to her, but I'll not have you tossing your coin at her like she's some doxy on the street! And if you don't soften your tone when speaking with her, then you and I will be having some ''words' right soon, whether you think me a gentleman or not!"

Then, his face still slighty flushed but realizing he may have overstepped his bounds he turns to Liry and says "Begging your pardon my Lady, but where I come from we don't speak to, or treat, our woman folk like that."

ah man! Ninja'd me by 3 min GGoblin! What're the odds on a post 7 hrs old? Do you need me to change anything now?


Mmm, we'll say Liry snapped the coin out of the air just in front of Dayn's hand, and he can go ahead and tell off Tendal while she's talking to the sailors and dwarves. That leaves most everything in both posts accurate and eliminates any need for backtracking.


Male Elf Urban Ranger/ 1

Works for me : ) Is her response changing, being added to at all after his speech?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Wizard
Malkith Deraythen wrote:
Returning his attention to Samaritha, Malkith says, "It seems the Golden Goblin is the talk of the town, or at least this tavern. Perhaps you'll allow me to accompany you on your way over there. My interest is peaked."

Samaritha watches Braddon leave the table to retrieve his pack but quickly turns her attention back to Malkith across the table when he speaks. "Of course," she smiles. "Don't think I'm going to forget about the Harrowing you promised me, either. If your tea leaves were right, maybe I'll even be able to pay you with real money."


Male Human (Varisian) ; 8/8 hp; AC 14 (11 t/13 ff); CMD 12; Init +1; Oracle of Lore 1

Malkith returns Samaritha's smile, "Once I get settled in someplace around here, I'd be more than happy to conduct a Harrowing for you." He pushes his chair back as he stand from the table. "Shall we go and see what the Golden Goblin has to offer in the way rooms and work?"


hp 22 / 22; AC 16; Init +2 Male Half-elf Ranger 2

At the bar, Braddon responds to Arnando, "From our brief talk, Eulalie seemed nice. If she offered I'd..."
Next to Braddon, the raised voices cut across the bar. He steps back as things get more heated and glances at Arnando, looking for a word or command. When things settle he returns to Samaritha.
"Looks like everyone is heading for the Gold Goblin. If one tiefling can cause that much trouble, we won't have any problems earning some coin. Did you say you could do magic?"

51 to 100 of 6,555 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadow over Riddleport All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.