Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


201 to 239 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Hathin De'Lark wrote:

Hathin watches Abner's back as he departs. I wonder if he spoke from truth or folly to my affliction.

He coughs at Thierry's mention of shaking off the miasma "I apologize, I can offer steady conversation - but if you are wishing the thickness of the air to be lifted I am likely not your man"

du Chabannes also watches the chirurgeon turn on his heel and walk away. Smiling, he jests, 'Perhaps I am exuding some malodorous scent.'

Lightly slapping his palms down upon the table, he exclaims, 'Pha! Enough of that. I do know your family well enough to recognize you, Hathin de'Lark, but I admit I am at a loss for knowing you. What are you about? You are here in the Morkoth. Did you merely follow the sounds of free drinks or have you come, as so many of us do, looking for work?'


Silfr wrote:

My appologies for intruding.

Looking around and seeing no seats, and anticipating gnomish carnage, Silfr steps to the door for air.

Seeing Silfr move to the door, Finneas follows.

Pardon me
Good son
twitch
I couldn't help but overhear your name. When I was growing up the older children told us stories about a Silfr, a paladin who righted many wrongs. Are you perhaps that same Silfr?

Silfr wrote:
A shame about their game, but miniatures can generate rage like that. If the one had but pivoted his bear after moving, he could have gained a quarter inch and so charged the following turn. While the tree's 3++ saves are impressive, on the charge the ursine would find 66% of the wounds would go through.

I'm still laughing about this.


GM_Chris wrote:
Well folks, it's time to panic. Not really, but the loss of Barrion is someone else's gain. Please be sure to complete your profiles. Less than 48 hours to go.

Let me be more specific. AENEAS, fill in your profile if you would like to play.


Finneas Glenn wrote:
Uncommon indeed Sverrïr. Come Dyrant, there is water to go around over here, and I'll see if I can find any bread in this ruined town.

With Dyrant's tears done and his mind slowly recovering from the pain, he tries again to adjust to his new life.

*snuffle*

Grabbing his drink more out of custom than need, Dyrant shuffles over to Finneas.

"Pardon me, you wished to speak with me? I apologize for my dazedness, it has been a difficult and trying day."

Dyrant sits down only to see Finneas arise and go talk to the old half-elf.

::facepalm::

Failure, even in this?

Be strong, Dyrant. I'm sure this happens for a reason. Please, St. Cuthbert, please let there be reason behind it.


sorry don't normally bother with full profiles unless selected. But full as I can get right now under alias.

"Now calm down gentlegnomes. I can see why you are upset. The bear is mighty and it had lovely sharp claws. Were this a real battle then victory would be yours without question. However we are talking about fruit not flesh being rent today. A battle between fruit is a strange context the normal tenents of victory and defeat may not apply. One must adjust, adapt. From a fruit basesd perspective is a bear or a dancing tree more mighty? It is a question."


A slightly heavyset man charges into the bar his garments still slightly soiled from toiling in the garden and a massive rough wooden holy symbol of Cuthbert bouncing on his heaving chest as he breathes heavily with excitement and exhaustion from a recent run.

He bellows, Who called for a priest!! I am here and ready for service! I hope I am not already too late!!


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:


"Pardon me, you wished to speak with me? I apologize for my dazedness, it has been a difficult and trying day."

Dyrant sits down only to see Finneas arise and go talk to the old half-elf.

::facepalm::

Having gone to get fruit for Dyrant and the table, then distracted by warring gnomes and a potential childhood hero, Finneas is torn between learning more of the half-elf and helping a man clearly in need.


Aeneas wrote:
sorry don't normally bother with full profiles unless selected. But full as I can get right now under alias.

Will it be done tonight? I'd like to offer you a spot, but this is part of the consideration with things set to start.


Atol Lem wrote:
He bellows, Who called for a priest!! I am here and ready for service! I hope I am not already too late!!

The woman at the bar stares at Atol, only a slightly raised eyebrow revealing what might be her surprise at his arrival. Perhaps she is thinking, "Who is this man that arrives at a party as the cock is about to crow?" or "Where does he come from?" or....


GM_Chris wrote:
Aeneas wrote:
sorry don't normally bother with full profiles unless selected. But full as I can get right now under alias.

Will it be done tonight? I'd like to offer you a spot, but this is part of the consideration with things set to start.

Everything but gear will be done in say an hour. Gear by tonight. Thanks for the nod.


Aeneas wrote:
"Now calm down gentlegnomes. I can see why you are upset. The bear is mighty and it had lovely sharp claws. Were this a real battle then victory would be yours without question. However we are talking about fruit not flesh being rent today. A battle between fruit is a strange context the normal tenents of victory and defeat may not apply. One must adjust, adapt. From a fruit basesd perspective is a bear or a dancing tree more mighty? It is a question."

The blue gnome pipes up first, "If we wanted a philospher,"

The red gnome continues, "We would have called over the pile of refuse that traded in his life's work for a single night of drinks."

The blue gnome picks up again, "We thought you a man of answers. This is not a courtroom. It is a battlefield. And since you do not have an answer."

The red gnome finishes, "We have an answer for you."

And with that an unholy alliance between blue and red is forged and with a shout of HUIE!!! they begin to fling the scraps of the battlefield at you.

I know. It's more halfling than gnome, but they're very drunk.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
Whatever shall I do with my life now?

The woman at the bar finishes her glass of wine and sets the glass on the bar. She passes by Dryant as he walks towards Finneas, her puple dress brushing against his bare hand. She whispers simply:

Whisper:

Hi everyone. I don't expect people wont' look, but I do expect your characters to act like they don't know information in spoilers.

You will do the same thing you have always done. While you might not be good, you have always done good.


GM_Chris wrote:


And with that an unholy alliance between blue and red is forged and with a shout of HUIE!!! they begin to fling the scraps of the battlefield at you.

I know. It's more halfling than gnome, but they're very drunk.

Retreat to a well laden table and return fire. Foucsing more on the citris family if possable. I will try to draw in allies by steping in front of folks and dodging at the last minute causing the gnomes to pelt them with friut.

If I can drive them back I will make a dive for the handaxe.

Done save gear.


Hearing nothing but the murmur of the crowd as they ignore him, Atol continues unabated by facts and strides to the bar quickly.

Barkeep! It is vital you tell me who called for a priest. My brother Alexander was very specific. This is the place, and I came as quickly as I could! So hurry man, who needs my aid?!


Finneas, caught in his dilemma and looking after the latest arrival, notices the woman whispering to Dyrant.

Perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

He hears nothing over the sound of his mother's disapproving tsk and gnomish battle cries. Making sure the way is clear for her exit he does his best not to stare.

Will save:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Instead meeting her eyes.

Why do I feel so apprehensive? Is this my test from Kord?

Oops misread your original post, thought she was walking out. Well this will be my action if/when she does leave.


The woman continues her stroll about the bar as if it were a castle garden. Her feet unerringly find the few clear spots on the floor and she steps gracefully as if walking on stepping stones across a pond. She stops next to Thierry, "You may have been denied your kingdom, but you will still be a ruler of people." Again, not an invitation to conversation, but more a statement of fact. With that she turns about and her eyes examine the garden for other flowers to pick.

Welcome Thierry. I'm still debating about some things, but you have consistently come up as being included so I figure why not today.


Atol Lem wrote:
Barkeep! It is vital you tell me who called for a priest. My brother Alexander was very specific. This is the place, and I came as quickly as I could! So hurry man, who needs my aid?!

Akum waves his tattoed arms at the bodies lying all about the bar. "This might look like a battlefield, but no blood has been spilled. I assure you they need sleep more than they need a priest. However, what they really need is to be out of my inn soon. Lord Vhalantru may have paid for their drinks, but he did not purchase rooms for them."


Oh. I see. OK then. Erm. I'm sorry for the disturbance. Er. Did you say free drinks? Do you have any gin by chance? That would be swell!

I guess Alexander got me again. I should really remember to question him when he says such things. Makes a mental note, then forgets where he put it. Remembers he forgot something and sits blank eyed at the bar trying to remember what.

Finally he gives up, murmurs a blessing to the crowd and looks around for something to drink.


Atol Lem wrote:

Oh. I see. OK then. Erm. I'm sorry for the disturbance. Er. Did you say free drinks? Do you have any gin by chance? That would be swell!

Amaku reaches under the bar. "I guess I haven't heard the crow yet, so it is still the night of free drinks." He pours clear liquid into an opaque glass and pushes it towards you. He also hands you something wrapped in a cloth. "I don't know if the old man will be needing it anymore, but I have no use for it. Perhaps you can find a good home for it."


The OLD MAN. It must be a sign. The old man must be a person of great wisdom to have placed such a bounty before me. Clearly I am meant to be a priest - and soon!

Atol carefully removes the Holy Symbol from the cloth and replaces his own with the new one. He wraps his in the cloth and hands it reverently back to the barkeep.

"Give this back to the OLD MAN", he whispers. "I hope he will understand what to do with it."

He moves to an unassuming table and admires the Symbol of his new covenant with God. Then he gets back up and goes to the bar for his drink. Then he sits down again and begins to relax slightly.


Finneas Glenn wrote:


Seeing Silfr move to the door, Finneas follows.

Pardon me...I couldn't help but overhear your name. When I was growing up the older children told us stories about a Silfr, a paladin who righted many wrongs. Are you perhaps that same Silfr?

"Perhaps I am! I have never met another with that name at least," he says with a grin.

"I once was a paladin for many years in my younger days, and it is kind to be remembered. Righting wrongs, as you say, strongly motivated me, and I find old habits never really fade."

"You seem to know many craftsmen of the gate project here tonight, are you involved in the construction of our reason for celebration, or a confident of our kindly host, Lord Vhalantru ?"


Silfr wrote:


"Perhaps I am! I have never met another with that name at least," he says with a grin.

"I once was a paladin for many years in my younger days, and it is kind to be remembered. Righting wrongs, as you say, strongly motivated me, and I find old habits never really fade."

"You seem to know many craftsmen of the gate project here tonight, are you involved in the construction of our reason for celebration, or a confident of our kindly host, Lord Vhalantru ?"

I helped on the construction, I must admit I've never met Lord Vhalantru. If you are the same Silfr...but I am being too forward. I apologize sir for my manner.

Finneas quickly clasps his hands behind his back to hide the shaking.


As the gnomes assault Aeneas with fruit, Karu claps his massive hands with excitement.

"'De little one be 'umorous" he grins, dodging a stray melon rind.

"Where Karu come from, mfuti... err, little men,'dey do not have 'dis sense o'umor."

He pauses thoughtfully.

"'Dey poison 'den eat one another."

The Amedian makes a motion with his hands, pantomiming the act of shoveling food to his mouth.


GM_Chris wrote:
She whispers simply: ** spoiler omitted **

Dyrant sits in his chair pondering the whispers of angels, not turning his head to follow the voice or the speaker for fear she is not real.

Yes. I have no other choices before me, do I, Angel?

As always in times of doubt or high faith, Dyrant will reach for his holy symbol, the one that has always been around his neck...always.

Grasping at air, Dyrant momentarily panics for his charm, his shield, his protection, his reason for living is NOT THERE.

Rising quickly from his chair in a panic, Dyrant tries to recall where he put his holy symbol.

Ah! The barkeep! Dyrant's panic lessens a bit.

"I'm sure he still has it. I am a fool." Dyrant whispers to no one.

Dyrant moves to the barkeep to retrieve his only possession of any true value.


GM_Chris wrote:

The woman continues her stroll about the bar as if it were a castle garden. Her feet unerringly find the few clear spots on the floor and she steps gracefully as if walking on stepping stones across a pond. She stops next to Thierry, "You may have been denied your kingdom, but you will still be a ruler of people." Again, not an invitation to conversation, but more a statement of fact. With that she turns about and her eyes examine the garden for other flowers to pick.

Welcome Thierry. I'm still debating about some things, but you have consistently come up as being included so I figure why not today.

Thierry rises as the lady approaches the table. Bowing at the waist, he attentively listens to her statement. 'Your words are most kind, milady. I will endeavor to rise to the occasion.'

Thank you very much! I look forward to the game. Please let me know of anything you want clarified or changed to better match your expectations. You have probably read my background and I assure you I am working to finish what is quickly becoming a novella.


GM_Chris wrote:


The blue gnome pipes up first, "If we wanted a philospher,"

The red gnome continues, "We would have called over the pile of refuse that traded in his life's work for a single night of drinks."

Who are they talking about? Oh yeah.... Dryant. The pile of refuse.

Insulted by gnomes.


"Barkeep! Barkeep! My symbol, I was a fool! Do you still have it?"

Dyrant still clutches at the spot on his chest where the symbol would usually hang.

"I'll play you gold for the rum I drank." Dyrant holds up a small coin purse, nearly empty.


Dahruun walks into the inn and sees quiet the conglomeration of people inside.
"Barkeep, I will take a tankard of your finest ale, a coffee, and a biscuit."
Looking at the gnomes and the flying fruit Dahruun cannot help but smile. He reaches down and picks up an apple from the floor, he looks at it and then the gnomes and with a flick of the wrist sends it flying right into the back of a rather outlandishly dressed gnome.


Hathin tracks the path of the lady through the tavern, wondering what words she speaks when she stops alongside a patron.

GM_Chris - I'm assuming you're in the throes of final selection? Based on the posts it looks like some have been chosen, and the rest will find out later today?


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
"I'll play you gold for the rum I drank." Dyrant holds up a small coin purse, nearly empty.

Amaku is nowhere to be seen, but a white cloth behind the counter catches your eye and jogs your memory. You seem to recall something about it from when you first came in.


Aeneas wrote:

Retreat to a well laden table and return fire. Foucsing more on the citris family if possable. I will try to draw in allies by steping in front of folks and dodging at the last minute causing the gnomes to pelt them with friut.

If I can drive them back I will make a dive for the handaxe.

As evidenced by your new colorful outfit, you possess no skills in the art of a food fight. The gnomes keep score with prestidigitation. Bright numbers appearing in the air,

1..........2...3.........4....5.........6......7

You reach for a white cloth--unsure if you will use it to surrender or clean your face--when the bombardment sunddenly stops. You peek over the table and follow purple curves up to a smiling face. "I do not understand your shame, but one day people will proudly speak your name."


Atol Lem wrote:
The OLD MAN. It must be a sign. The old man must be a person of great wisdom to have placed such a bounty before me. Clearly I am meant to be a priest - and soon!

The woman in purple walks to the bar and pours a glass of wine. She raises it and gestures to Atol. "To your health, priest."


"Now cleaning yourself with magic that is something in and of itself!" Dahruun says to the gnomes. Dahruun then begins to pick up the remaining fruit, "Now can you do that with these? I have a hankering for some fruit salad." Dahruun says smiling to the gnomes.


The woman in purple sips her wine and continues her casual stroll among the wreckage of a night's debauchery. She stops finally in front of Finneas, again speaking in a whisper only he can hear:

Whisper:
"I am sorry for the loss of your gift."

She then raises her glass high. "To you all. It has been an honor."

With that she proceeds to the door and exits as a cock crows in the distance.


Thank you to everyone who joined us during this last week. The final party is indeed:

- Finneas Glenn
- Aeneas
- Thierry du Chabannes
- Dryant
- Atol Lem
- Silfir

I wish I had some grading scale or such to show you, but in the end I went with my gut. Thank you for some great role playing this last week. I wish you the best of luck in finding another group.


Hathin rises from his chair, nods to anyone who pays him mind and heads to the exit.

Good luck and congrats to those that are in.


Party members can find the game thread by clicking the link below here. I was several days late to my first game because this was not made explicit to me. Feel free to do any last things before you feel compelled to go outside for fresh air, to follow the woman, etc.

Shackled City Story Thread

The out of character discussion thread can be reached by clicking here:

Shackled City OOC Thread


Sverrir shrugs his shoulders, and motions to the barkeep for some more rum Fate has decreed not today... time fer a drink or four!

Good luck to all chosen, been a fun experience and selection - there are some wonderful characters and I'm looking forward to following the game :) Cheers for the opportunity GM-Chris

201 to 239 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Shackled City Adventure Path (Pathfinder Rules) - Play-by-Post All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.