Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


4,251 to 4,300 of 13,751 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>

Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

In the morning, Atol searches out Jenya Urikas the High Priestess.

"Good morning High Priestess. With all humility, I think I must give up my cell here in the church. At least for now. I'm working with the Cauldron Five now more than I am the church proper and that seems to be the path St. Cuthbert has placed for me."

"I am, and will always be, your loyal servant, but it doesn't seem fair that I take up church resources without giving back directly. I still keep up a little with the garden, but as the rains are here things will be growing wild and I will not be able to properly maintain it so a new gardener should also be found."

Atol falters a bit during his rehearsed speech...

"Er, um. Is that OK?"

He looks sheepish and uncomfortable as if he's being overly presumptuous (a word he doesn't even know). He rushes on.

"We have a house where a few of us are staying and I thought I'd stay there. You may of course summon me at any time for any task!"

He bows his head and waits for a cudgeling which he's sure will come...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt presumably catches up with Glimmil at some point during his return to Jazidrune. And that's where I fell into a pit and put myself into a voluntary coma for days.

"Ah, Glimmil! How goes your evening? What, no Skie? Er, I like what they've done with the place..."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3
GM_Chris wrote:


The silent tattoed man moves with surprising speed and gets the jump on Finneas. Before he knows it, the man has grabbed Finneas's arm. However, Finneas shakes his arm once and pulls it away.

1d20+2 - Hit
1d20+2 - No grapple

"You're quick!"

Hit = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Grapple = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Pin = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Don't know my targets so I posted all three rolls.

"Where did you get those tattoos? Were you burned by acid or something?"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3
GM_Chris wrote:

Here are rolls for the drinking contest. Feel free to make something up or I can based on your rolls.

Finneas's opponent
1d20+2 DC 7
1d20+2 DC 8
1d20+2 DC 9
1d20+2 DC 10
1d20+2 DC 11

Finneas squares up and begins to chug.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Finneas does his best to keep up, and he managed to choke down the third beer, possibly swallowing part of the tankard as well. That proved to be his undoing, as the fifth beer went down smooth and landed like lead.

"Well...urp...that's it...urp..."

thud


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant sighs and moves under the ropes in the competitors area to retrieve his friend.

Using both hands to push, Dyrant rolls Finneas over lest he choke on any upcoming vomit.

"Come along, Finn, gotta get you ready...there is still much celebrating to do his day. And maybe more wrestling."

Dyrant will take one of Finn's thuggishly large half-orc arms in his puny, twiglike twin grip and begin to slowly drag him, inches at a time, to a quiet recovery spot.

*yank*, *yank*, *pant* *pant*, *yank*, *yank*, *pant* *pant*...


At Finneas. Actually you both passed out on drink 5. You'll have to meet your oppoenent for an evening rematch.

Mother Tashykk meets Finneas after his wrestling match for a second round of drinks. "You didn't think I'd make it back after this morning did you?" A couple dozen orphans including Tarum have joined her and most of them cheer her on. A couple of the older ones who remember Finneas cheer him on also.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 DC 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 DC 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7DC 9


Finneas fails to get a hold of the nimble man who offers no response to Finneas's question. The man tries to sweep Finneas's leg.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Targets are AC 14, CMD 16.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Mother Tashykk!? I didn't recognize you through the beer. You sure you want to do this again?"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 = DC 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 = DC 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 = DC 9

Not sure if we get a third match or are both disqualified, I'll post some more just in case:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 = DC 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 = DC 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 = DC 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 = DC 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 = DC 11

-----------------------------------

"Alright then."

Grab 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Grapple 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Pin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Finneas leaps over his opponent's leg, coming down with a ground trembling bounce before rolling into his opponents midriff. Twisting about and attempting to smash the man's face into the ground, he almost wins the match with a quick flip, doing his best to maintain the hold for next round.

If he doesn't break free I'll get a +5 on the next pin attempt correct?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

As Glimmil bumps into Toffit, he remembers Skie, and then bows graciously to any gnomes still wandering about Jzadirune and scurries on in search of Cog.

"No time now, doctor!"

With haste, he makes his way back out to Ghelve's, whistling and calling Cog's name in his search for Skie.

Back in town again.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant shakes his head as Finn goes down in flames to the old woman.

Dyrant goes back out to drag Finneas to a quiet place again.


"I'm quite sure, son. Are you sure? I'd hate for you to be hurting too much for tomorrow's match."

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 DC 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 DC 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 DC 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 DC 10

Finneas and Mother Tashykk fall asleep in each other's arms as they begin to sing some nursery rhyme together. Dyrant goes to move them, but the crowds stop them. The bartender explains, "There must be a winner before the day is done."

The crowd has dinner and then the pair are ceremoniously--as per tradition--woken up with buckets of water. Mother Tashykk awakens with a jolt and eyes wide open. Looking oddly refreshed she reaches for the glass in front of her. She slams it down followed by several more waiting for Finneas to drop. "Don't feel bad, son. I'm used to getting up in the middle of the night and going on little sleep."

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 DC 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 DC 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 DC 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 DC 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 DC 11
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 DC 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 DC 13
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 DC 14
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 DC 15
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 DC 16


The skinny man struggles hopelessly against Finneas.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Yes to the +5.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I hope somebody memorized Cure Serious Alcohol Poisoning today.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 = DC 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 = DC 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 = DC 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 = DC 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 = DC 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 = DC 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 = DC 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 = DC 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 = DC 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 = DC 16

After six more drinks Finneas passes out completely, unable to keep up with the wiry old woman.

---------------------------

Finneas attempts to pin the small man quickly, unaware of the beer fueled pain in his future.

Pin 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Succeeding!


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

While Finn is napping in his ladies arms, Dyrant will look around to see if there are any sketch artists around to earn a quick commission by sketching/drawing the mated pair.

"I need something for the fireplace in our home. Think you could sketch them as they are? For us all to remember this day by?"

Dyrant will offer 5 gp for a nice sketch/drawing.


There are several artists floating about the festival. You get offers for the following types:

- Charcoal drawing - 1 gp
- Pencil drawing - 2 gp
- Watercolor - 5 gp
- A guy who will bring out Finneas's more orcish features and depict Mother Tashykk as a shepherdess. 5 gp
- A guy who will complete the drawing as abstract shapes
- A lady who offers a four panel depiction of the days events in full color paints. 30 gp.


Glimmil wrote:
Back in town again.

Cog has tagged along with Toffitt a short distance back and joins Glimmil. Skie's shop is closed if you happen to go by there.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant will go with both the watercolor (to really capture the moment) and the lady for her four panel depiction.

Lovely!

-35gp!

GM Chris, can we sell the final loots and get new, updated gold tallies? I know I'm saving for a PoP2, but might need to make more minor purchases as well.


Atol Lem wrote:
He bows his head and waits for a cudgeling which he's sure will come...

Jenya stands up from her desk with a fine cudgel in hand. She rounds the desk, tapping the end of the cudgel in her palm, as she approaches Atol. "You know your brother is going to have a hard time forgiving you?"

She taps the cudgel as she ponders something. It's a well made cudgel composed of two different hardwoods with Cuthbert's symbol engraved on the handle. The head of the cudgel is covered in metal gromets that are rounded and not spiked.

Jenya taps Atol on the back with the cudgel and says, "This cudgel has been used by many of your brothers and sisters througout the ages who have seen the need to leave the protection of this place. I know you travel with companions who you support with your prayers, but sometimes they will need more than that. Please take care of yourself and the cudgel and return with it someday for the next one called forth by our lord."

The cudgel is masterwork.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
GM Chris, can we sell the final loots and get new, updated gold tallies? I know I'm saving for a PoP2, but might need to make more minor purchases as well.

I'll try, but number crunching takes a bit. I'm guessing by tomorrow, but before you leave town. Leave town? In the middle of the festival? Never...


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
GM_Chris wrote:

"You know your brother is going to have a hard time forgiving you?"

"This cudgel has been used by many of your brothers and sisters througout the ages who have seen the need to leave the protection of this place. I know you travel with companions who you support with your prayers, but sometimes they will need more than that. Please take care of yourself and the cudgel and return with it someday for the next one called forth by our lord."

Atol begins to cry at the blow to the back of his head, internal this time instead of external.

"Thank you... thank you!", he sputters out. Wanting to say more, but unsure what, he bows deeply and stumbles out into the evening with his new cudgel in hand.

He heads to his cell and quickly gathers his few belongings then heads to his new home. After picking an available room and depositing his things, and his old cudgel, behind, he hooks his new cudgel to his belt and heads out into the fair.

Quieter this evening he moves through the crowd as if in a dream.

Truly this is Cuthbert's will! I AM on the right and righteous path. My brother will understand. I must not stray and I must be stalwart in my defense of the Cauldron Five, such noble adventurers.

He finds Finneas and Dyrant just in time to see Finneas pass out in his cups and Dyrant gleefully taking advantage...

Sigh.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant smiles at Atol, then frowns a bit.

"What is wrong, Atol? You should be having a good time! It's a festival. You should be celebrating!"

Dyrant points to Finn, unconscious.

"See there? He's having the time of his life! I hope to be able to capture the memory for him. He may not remember it!"

I wish Atol were as thoughtful as I.

"Go, enjoy yourself. I've already done one contest, but didn't win, though...'twas a nice dip in the water."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Having bidden farewell to Geleth and prompted Glimmil to flee the scene, Dr. Toffitt turns his thoughts to similar, unwelcome affairs of the heart.

Should I seek the boy out? No doubt he's with a client, or similarly distracted. If only I could find him some respectable vocation. But he's perhaps too much of a free spirit, anyway. Reminds me so much of Lukhaj. And yet, even though Lukhaj lived outside the law, at least he cared about something. Olidammara and revolution whispered to his heart, and so did I.

But I suppose it's hard for the heart to hear, after what Carts has experienced... Or mayhap my heart hears love where there are only echoes... Still, perhaps I should try harder, before his profession lands him in real trouble...

Toffitt's thoughts are still heavy with concern as he happens upon Dyrant's drunken tableau.

"My goodness. What's happened to Finneas. I suppose he'll be wanting some of the alchemist's kindness. Would you care for some help getting him and his lady friend home, Dyrant? Once your artists are done sketching, that is..."


Day 17 - Starday (Day 4 of Festival)

It rains most of the night and into the morning. As the rain pounds on the roof, Atol does not hear the pounding on the door for several minutes. He opens the door to find his brother soaked and standing alone in the darkness. It's hard to tell with the clouds, but it is probably before dawn.

"Jenya wants to see you. And your friends. Now." He pauses to look inside the house. "This is really what you want? You've already died once. Who am I supposed to talk to now that you're gone. We haven't had anyone apply to the church in forever aside from your sparkless friend."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
GM_Chris wrote:

Day 17 - Starday (Day 4 of Festival)

"Jenya wants to see you. And your friends. Now." He pauses to look inside the house. "This is really what you want? You've already died once. Who am I supposed to talk to now that you're gone. We haven't had anyone apply to the church in forever aside from your sparkless friend."

"Brother it is what I want. I'm sure of that. And I'll be more careful, I promise. Now, not everyone is here, but I'll round them up and we'll be there soon!"

Atol rounds up the party checking where he'd seen them before and where he knows they're staying if they're not partying.

"The church has summoned us! Arise and be ready, something is a foot!"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

The next morning, Toffitt spends some time at home whipping up a batch of alchemist's kindness for Finneas. His ears strain for any sound from next door.

As he leaves to bring his comrade his remedy, Toffitt almost knocks on Cart's door. Hesitating, he leaves a note instead. Hope you enjoyed the festival. Thinking of you. —Abner


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas sits on the edge of the bed, clad in a loincloth and holding his head in both hands. The tribal tattoos on his body are covered in sweat, and he has a decidedly green cast to his skin, his half-orc heritage made evident by the consumption of too many beers to count.

I hope nobody noticed me losing to Mother Tashykk.
Female voice: I wouldn't count on that.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Sunrise comes the next day, and Glimmil worries briefly about Skie, but then his worries turn elsewhere quickly.

What if the other gnomes don't realize they can ask the construct to stop?

What if Cog rolls around in the trees and gets fleas?

What is the festival runs out of chocolate eel monsters?

What if Cauldron has a sudden shortage of gristle for Dyrant's stew?

What if someone in the Cauldron Five caught the Vanishing and disappeared, and we didn't even realize it?

The gnome really should be worried about Skie, but he has so many things on his mind, and has something of a concentration problem...

Glimmil does find a florist in town and make sure to purchase a dozen roses to send to Skie's Armory that morning.


It takes Finneas a minute to realize the pounding is not only in his head, but at his door. The door is about to come off its hinges when he finally opens it. Asfelkir Hranleurt reaches in and drags Finneas out the door and down the street.

"A human? A female human? An elderly female human? Four chances and a dozen drinks. Did you go soft for your nana? Thank goodness you're not facing a woman this morning. You might just roll over."

Finneas gets his bearings and realizes he is at the temple. Asfelkir throws him into the wrestling ring and announces, "He is here and the sand still flows. He does not forfeit."

Finneas has just stood up when a voice shouts, "Begin! Finneas finally notices the large man in the ring with him. "You should have stayed in bed green skin." The man attempts to grab Finneas's head, but Finneas's drunken swaying causes the man to miss.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Targets are AC 12, CMD 18


Glimmil stops for flowers and the man behind the counter pulls out a bottle and two glasses. "You're in the tournament aren't you small stuff? Well then I challenge you for today. People say you're all tough, but I doubt it." He pours a drink and slams it down. "I'll get your flowers ready for you. Two sets. One for your lady and one for your sick bed."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 DC 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 DC 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 DC 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 DC 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 DC 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 DC 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 DC 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 DC 15


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"She was wiry, all muscle and liver. It's not my fault."

Finneas eyes blur slightly as he is thrown into the ring, focusing just enough to dodge the man coming at him.

"Green skin? Green skin!"

Hit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 DC 12
Grapple 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 DC 18
Pin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 DC 18


Finneas connects with the man, but finds his fingers have not woken up and will not actually hold onto the man. The man awkwardly tries to grab Finneas's leg for a take down, but grabs only air. Finneas begins to suspect he's not the only one who was up late drinking last night.

Behind Finneas, Asfelkir stands rigidly. He doesn't cheer on or berate Finneas. He doesn't pace or rock side to side. He simply stares with a look that demands, You will win.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas says nothing as he attempts to win both the match and his mentor's approval.

Hit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 AC 12
Grapple 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 CMD 18
Pin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 CMD 18


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil looks at the flower shop man, having almost forgotten he was in a drinking contest.

"Oh I guess, but don't you have anything sweeter tasting? This stuff everyone keeps drinking is quite bitter!"

He begins drinking along with the man, as is expected, mostly distracted by all the thoughts in his head.

DC8-13: Automatic
DC14: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 = 19
DC15: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant is someplace doing somthing, having lost track of time during the festival.

For this one festival, Dyrant is just enjoying it for all it is worth...for when it ends, he is back to being lost and without a flock and without a church.

For he does not know otherwise.

* * *

Dyrant will be attempting to watch both Finn's wrestling match (though he's not sure how Finn is still standing after his last drinking bout) and marveling at lil' Glim's ability to drink and drink and drink and not show a sign of drunkenness.

I wonder if the drink is somehow being funneled into Cog somehow. Not sure where all the drink is being stored otherwise.


Finneas Glenn wrote:

Finneas says nothing as he attempts to win both the match and his mentor's approval.

Hit 1d20+7 AC 12
Grapple 1d20+7 CMD 18
Pin 1d20+7 CMD 18

"Buuuurrrppp! Thanks for squeezing that out of me." The man effortlessly flips positions with Finneas as he's distracted. However, the man can't capitalize on his opportunity.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 - Take control of grapple
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 - Pin


Atol easily finds Toffitt busy at work. With brewing still to be done, Atol realizes he should find the other first. A little wandering and he finds Dyrant and Finneas at the wrestling matches at the Temple of Lordly Might. Glimmil passes by holding a bunch of flowers, promising to be right back, and muttering something about having to deliver these himself.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Reverse 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 CMD 18
Pin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 CMD 18

Finneas grunts as he attempts to flip positions again, not quite making it.

So many 20s, so many not in the right place!


1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 5 = 30 - Maintains grapple
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 - Pin

The man squeezes a bit tighter each time Finneas exhales until Finneas's world begins to dim............

Finneas wakes up after a minute later with friends around him, but Asfelkir no where to be seen.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant smiles as Finn comes to, grateful that he doesn't have to drag the huge man around......again.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Gentlemen! The church needs us! We must go quickly. Please!!"

Don't they realize the importance of this?!


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant will look at Atol and then look at Finn.

"Finn, do you know what he's talking about?"

Dyrant looks back to Atol.

"What are you talking about? This is the festival. You should be celebrating. Atol, come and enjoy yourself."

Poor Atol, always so serious.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"What happened? Where's Asfelkir? Aren't we already at the church Atol?"

He's all mixed up.


Atol eventually gathers his flock and gets them over to the other church. Glimmil seems rather subdued and Toffit comes bearing an elixir for Finneas. There are five horses outside the church and Atol's brother stands at the ready.

Finneas stumbles by in his loin cloth and Glimmil reeks of alcohol, but seeems fine. Atol's brother rolls his eyes, looks at Atol, and sighs. "Jenya has been asking for you every 5 minutes."

Inside, Jenya quickly brings you to her office. "This morning I received a 'sending' from Sarcem. I wrote it here." She pushes a note forward.

At Lucky Monkey. Have eight wantds.
Tavern's been attacked. Bandits led
by barbaric apeman. Mortally
wounded. Retreated to basement. They
know we're here. Send assistance!

"I'm afraid I panicked and only sent this in response:"

Sarcem? Is that you? Hang on!
Conserver your resources. I'll send out aid
immediately. Send me another message
when you can, but until then have

"I ran out of words. I called for you immediately and have managed to get some horses. I tried the town guards, but they said it was outside their jurisdiction. I haven't been able to get hold of any nobles that might have the resources to help."

"The Lucky Monkey is a roadside tavern about a day's ride northwest of Cauldron. It's a convenient rest stop for travelers on the northwest road, and a popular place with the local lumberjacks. It's here on this map."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Sarcem? I've heard that name before haven't I? Doctor is that for me? You shouldn't have...the whole thing? Oh that tastes awful."

Finneas looks around for somewhere to spit the concoction before remembering where he is. Swallowing the rest of it, he does his best to stand straight at Jenya.

Female voice: Eyes up soldier!
Male voice: And remember you're mostly naked.


"Sarcem Delasharn is the high priest of this church. If anything should happen to him..." Jenya paces back and forth.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Unless Atol is dead (knock on wood, not again!), Dyrant will decline to enter the Church.

He will, of course, wait outside and debate whether he has time or not to go in for a quick bowl of gristle stew.

Probably not. I'll just wait out here.

* * *

When the situation is explained to him, he has only 1 question for the group: "What wands? What are they for? What do they do? Why don't they just cast spells?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

The Doctor puts his hand on the flask of alchemist's kindness in between Finneas' two draughts. "Drink up, Finneas. It will clear your head. Apparently that's important today. Though my nose tells me Glimmil may need it more than you...

Hearing Jenya's request, Toffitt asks, "Your... er... worship? Pray tell us what these wands are. I have sick patients that need tending, though I suppose most of them have conditions that can wait for a few days."


"They are wands to control the flood waters. In the last three days we have seen more rain then in three weeks last year. The rains have been so light in recent years that the other churches have stopped supporting the efforts to craft the wands. Sarcem was on a trip to obtain more wands for this season."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil rests his arms on the small gut that he's developed the past few days as he jostles into the church.

"I'm fine guys, although I feel really thirsty despite all the drinking I keep being asked to do..."

He smiles a bit before his chipper demeanor fades ever so slightly.

"So, um, should we head to this Unlucky Monkey to help Atol and Dyrant's friend?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Dyrant has friends, besides us? So glad to hear it.

"Yes, let's away. It would be grim indeed if the caldera were to flood and the city drown."

4,251 to 4,300 of 13,751 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.