Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


301 to 350 of 13,597 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

@ Glimmil. I think you were going for E-9, which is now E 24 for the 2nd level. I've put you there.

It is double movement up the stairs.

New map


Male Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 1 / Paladin 2

On his turn...

Silfr is outraged that his new found friend Finneas could have his life snatched away so swiftly, and cowardly.

If the figure is still up...
Looking to the balcony, he calls out"UNDZO! Smite this assassin!"

Summon Monster 1: Celestial Fire Beetle into a square he can see adjacent to the cloaked figure, J6 (edit: now J21)a.

The Beetle smites (+1 damage if evil):
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d4 ⇒ 3

How many rounds do I have on the shield spell btw?

If someone drops the figure before my round, he will summon Undzo anyways.


Silfr wrote:
How many rounds do I have on the shield spell btw?

Six.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant, with a calm given of a man filled with duty, will walk over to Finneas (G7) and touch him.

"Finneas, though your belief in St. Cuthbert was weak he still has need of you to find these children. Be healed, my son."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


The cloaked figure reloads his crossbow and fires at the healer (Dyrant).
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

He then steps five feet back to I-20.

1d20 ⇒ 14 - Ghelve' init

Inititiative Order
Glimmil
Dyrant
Dark Cloaked Killer
Atol
Ghelve - Will retreat to the north room on his turn if able.
Silfir
Finneas

New Map

Atol's turn.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 1 Initiative 8

Status:

HP = 1
AC = 13
Weapon Equipped = Greatsword
Oracle Spells Left (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +0 ranged touch):
1 (4) Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds
Status Effects = None

Finneas, smarting from the blow, stands up and calls upon Kord for aid.

Stand with sword, cast Cure Light Wounds
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Haha, back to full. Now where's the clock that shot me?

New Status:

HP = 10
Oracle Spells Left
1 (3)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 15

Status:
AC: 10 HP: 9
Weapon Equipped = None
Channel Energy Left: x7
Resistant Touch Left: x8
Strength Surge Left: x7
Cleric Spells Left: 1) Command, Protection from Evil

At last, the trap is sprung!

Atol moves to G6 and touches Finneas giving him Resolve (+1 to hit, damage, strength checks, or any strength related skill for 1 round)

Atol continues to eye the door to the shop for backup.


Ghelve's action resolves
He double moves into the north room to A-10.

Silfir's action resolves
Undzo appears on the balcony (I-21) and bites at the cloaked figure but is perhaps a little distracted about being thrown into combat for the second time in a day, especially after the first combat ended so poorly for him.

Finneas action resolves
Finneas stands up (move action), embraces his faith in Kord rather than Cuthbert and casts a spell (standard), but does not have time to pick up his sword (another move action).

Glimmil and Dyrant to go next

New Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 15

Status:
AC: 10 HP: 9
Weapon Equipped = None
Channel Energy Left: x7
Resistant Touch Left: x8
Strength Surge Left: x8
Cleric Spells Left: 1) Command, Protection from Evil

Double Move to F20 and shout, Stop this foolishness, we want to talk to you!
Diplomacy (yeah right): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

After helping Finneas up, Dyrant will move to E25 and deliver the Ward of St. Cuthbert to Glim.

"The Ward of St. Cuthbert, keep you safe; believe in him and your enemies will find you difficult to strike and fell magicks will be repelled by his power."

Why am I sending a child into battle? Surely, this is just his doom as I saw how quickly the man in black took down the large half-orc. Meh. Maybe he'll keep the man busy until Finneas recovers.

Ward of St. Cuthbert:

Ward (Su): A witch can use this hex to place a protective ward over one creature. The warded creature receives a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws. This ward lasts until the warded creature is hit or fails a saving throw. A witch knows when a warded creature is no longer protected. A witch can have only one ward active at a time. If the witch uses this ability again, the previous ward immediately ends.

Dyrant's Stats:

AC: 13
HP: 7/7
Weapon: only my faith!, scroll in left hand
Status: probably crying
Effects:
Ward: GlimGarlGlitter
(ward = +2 Deflection to AC, +2 Resistance to Saves)


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 2, Init 23

Glancing downstairs, Glimmil sees the others have gone to help Finneas.

I hope he is alright. I will deal with his attacker!

The gnome continues to ascend the stairs and close with the shadowy figure.

"You, there! Give up now!" Glimmil pauses trying to thing of something impressive to say out loud. He can only think a single thought in his mind to himself.

It's hammer time!

Double-move to G-21 readying the gnomish hook-hammer during the ascent. I'll defer to Dryant in initiative while glancing down, and resume pursuit once warded.

AC is now 21


Round 2, Init 16-

The cloaked figured drops his crossbow and draws his rapier. He stabs at Undzo, but must be partially blinded by the reflection of the dancing lights off of Glimmil's armor. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 He then 5' back to I-19.

New Initiative Order
Dyrant
Glimmil
Dark Cloaked Whiffer
Atol
Ghelve - Skip him
Silfir
Finneas

Cloaked figure (without his cloak) for those close enough to see

New Map


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant facepalms (squishing the scroll he holds) as he watches the gnome ascend the stairs one step at a time, with both feet on a single stair before crawling to the next.

Mayhaps my ward would have been better given to the glowing cockroach? Or maybe I should have offered to carry the warrior to the top of the stairs?

"Uhm, charge, brave Garl! Charge!" Shaking off his momentary despair, Dyrant tries to be supportive.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 Initiative 8

Status:

HP = 10
AC = 13
Weapon Equipped = Greatsword
Oracle Spells Left (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +0 ranged touch):
1 (3) Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds
Status Effects = Guidance, Resolve, Ticked Off, Sore

Finneas picks up his sword and stands next to the secret door.

"I will guard the door for more and to block his escape unless you need me up there."

I need a weapon chain if this is to become a habit. Or perhaps thicker armor.


Male Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 1 / Paladin 2

On his turn...

Healing magic from Dryant, strange for someone moaning about his missing divine spark.

Seeing Finneas rebound, Silfr fearlessly moves upstairs.

Double move up the stairs to F22.

In celestial...:

In celestial, Silfr commands Undzo to move to closer and attack.

Silfr speaks in the language of angels, while Undzo scuttles forward and bites.

Celestial Fire Beetle 5 foot scuttled to H20 and attacks.

The Beetle smites (+1 damage if evil):
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d4 ⇒ 2


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 3, Init 16

His marathon complete, Glimmil was close to the evil do-badder now. A shiny beetle seemed to be assisting him in dispatching justice, which was good since Glim liked shiny things.

Raising the blunt side of his hammer above his head, Glimmil lowered his head and charged forward, yelling a Steinneblin war cry, legs pumping and propelling him forward. "Eeeee....!"

Move to J-20 and strike the Whiffer in I-19.

Hook Hammer Power Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Hook Hammer Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

EDIT -- Awesome, a 1!

Glimmil's hammer nearly finding a stray loose nail in the doorway, Glimmil hesitates and smiles at his attacker, blushing.

What did Dryant say? Something about making me difficult to strike? He cursed me?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant moves to the top of the stairs, looking at the intruder as Glim tries to cobble his shoes.

Reciting the prayer spell that Angel taunt him, Dyrant focuses his words at the msn in black.

"Put your face to the ground, and beg forgiveness of St. Cuthbert!"

Cast Command, using the Prone action. DC 15.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 15

Status:
AC: 10 HP: 9
Weapon Equipped = None
Channel Energy Left: x7
Resistant Touch Left: x8
Strength Surge Left: x7
Cleric Spells Left: 1) Command, Protection from Evil

Atol praises Cuthbert "St. Cuthbert, give my new friend a share of your resolve to overcome his own weakness in battle!" and touches Glimmil giving him Resolve (+1 to hit, damage, strength checks, or any strength related skill for 1 round)

Atol then carefully moves to J21 (diagonal first to avoid the AoO) and levels his crossbow at the Bane of Finneas. "This is your final warning sir, lay down your arms and let us chat for a time!"


Round 3, Init 16-

Undzo bites, but is unable to even touch the nimble flash of cloaked silver.

The silver skinnned offers no response to either Dyrant or Atol than to lie down on the ground. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 However, he still stabs awkwardly up at Glimmil.

-4 for Prone
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Initiative Order
Dyrant
Glimmil
Silver skinned dark cloaked man
Atol
Ghelve - Skip him
Silfir
Finneas

New Map

EDIT: Atol already put in his action. Silfir up.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Heading out to see a movie tonight, so posting Round 4 now.

Round 4, Init 16

Having completely missed the attacker and instead having swung wildly at a stray nail protruding from a wall in the locksmith's house, Glim debated. That nail might be important, if I don't hammer it back in, the whole roof could come down.

Glim glanced upwards. He'd have to risk it.

Gritting his teeth, and clutching his hammer tight, he swung it again with all his might.

5-foot step into the room to J-19

Hook Hammer Power Attack + Resolve:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Hook Hammer Damage + Resolve:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 1 / Paladin 2

On his next (3rd) turn...

Since the rogue has left his crossbow unattended, Silfr will cast the common cantrip Mage Hand and force-pull it into his grasp.

Standard, Move - he can 5-foot if he needs to be closer to see it, should be fine.

Undzo, lumenescing, bites again.

Celestial Fire Beetle attacks with a +4 bonus vs prone target. +1 damage if evil.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d4 ⇒ 2

Rolling to confirm...no joy
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d4 ⇒ 3


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
Dyrant moves to the top of the stairs,

I see I forgot to move you on the map.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 3 Initiative 8

Status:

HP = 10
AC = 13
Weapon Equipped = Greatsword
Oracle Spells Left (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +0 ranged touch):
1 (3) Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds
Status Effects = Guidance, Resolve, Ticked Off, Sore

Between the glowbug and Glimm I don't think I can get in on the action up there. I will instead ready an attack on anything coming through the secret door.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

While the man is on the ground and threatened by a shining armored bug (and by Undzo too), Dyrant will remind him of St. Cuthbert's glory, reciting the prayer spell that Angel had taught him.

Cast Daze (DC 14) at the Bane of Finneas.

Move to F20.

Now that Dyrant can see his man clearly....

Know(Arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Know(Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Know(Religion) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

What is that man?


Round 4, Init 16

Dyrant has no idea what this humanoid is.

Undzo hits with extra oomph as the smite deals the extra point of damage. However, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 the man of silver shrugs off Dyrant's attempt to daze him. Glimmil's hammer lands with a thud and a cracking rib can be heard, but the man of silver springs up still, drawing an AOO from Glimmil 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 (including prone) and Undzo 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21. The hammer again cracks another rib 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, while the Undzo scrapes the man's thigh 1d4 ⇒ 1.The silent man then stabs at Glimmil with his rapier 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16, but is unable to get through the armor.

Initiative Order
Dyrant
Glimmil
Silver skinned dark cloaked man
Atol
Ghelve - Skip him
Silfir
Finneas

New map

Atol up.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
AC: 13 HP: 9
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Channel Energy Left: x7
Resistant Touch Left: x8
Strength Surge Left: x6
Cleric Spells Left: 1) Command, Protection from Evil

Atol looks at the man and sighs. What is it going to take to subdue this creature?!

He shoots his Crossbow blindly into the melee 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (20) - 4 = 16 wow, confirm: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1, 1d8 ⇒ 2 and then drops it. Atol then draws his Cudgel and prepares to wade into melee!


Male Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 1 / Paladin 2

Silfr will move to Undzo and cast Guidance. Undzo will scuttle forward and bite.

+1 hit (guidance), 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d4 ⇒ 3

Confirming...
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 ⇒ 3

Damage 3 + 3 = 6


Silfr wrote:
Silfr will move to Undzo and cast Guidance. Undzo will scuttle forward and bite.

Undzo bites hard at the man's ankle and the man finally collapses onto the ground. Red blood spills out of the wounds and his entire body seems to shift from silver to dull gray.

We're out of initiative. Ghelve can still be heard downstairs repeating, "No. No. No...."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant stares at the creature as it falls. It nearly stood despite repeated hits with hammer, mandible, and now a lucky bolt from Atol before succumbing. Dyrant walks over to stand over it.

Why didn't it surrender?

Dyrant's question is answered as Atol's presence again shatters Dyrant's thoughts.

Ah! I would not want to surrender and admit to defeat to the simpleton either. Death would be better, wouldn't it, Angel?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Shown up by a glowbug and Undzo. Ah well.

"Is it down? Is it dead?"

I hope something comes through this door so I feel like I accomplished more than drawing it out of hiding.

Male voice: Pathetic.

Listen at door
Perception:
+1 Rank +3 Class Skill +0 Wisdom
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 1 / Paladin 2

"Very curious, a chromatic variant. Atol, with your healer's art, can you inspect this creature?"

Silfr gently pats Undzo and talks to it...

...in Celestial:

"Undzo, thank you for your assistance. Even far from your element you are so effective! Before you go please peruse the bookshelf for anything that excites your interesting domain."

Undzo opens its shinning carapace and takes wobbly flight off the balcony, filling the air with noise of his near-invisible vibrating wings. Landing by the bookshelf, it begins to tap at the volumes with its antennae.

I'll give it 4 rounds to poke around and maybe eat a book before dismissing the creature.

Upstairs, Silfr will cast the common cantrip Detect Magic and consider their opponent and the crossbow that he picked up.


Male Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 1 / Paladin 2
Finneas Glenn wrote:


"Is it down? Is it dead?"

While maintaining detect magic....

Looking over the railing Silfr says, "I will leave it to our fine priest to determine just what this thing was and whether it is in fact departed. While Atol is busy, here, a souvenir for you!"

Actually does knowledge:planes help?1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

While holding out out the crossbow he grabbed earlier via Mage Hand, he says "The assassin's crossbow, the first weapon that has slain you during this endeavor. Catch!"

After if Finneas seems ready and aware of his intentions, Silfr will toss down the trophy.


More details of Ghelve's rooms.

The room the creature went down in:

This kitchen contains all the basic amenities, including a table with an hourglass resting atop it. A fireplace dominates one wall, with pots hanging from hooks on either side. Two cabinets with frosted-glass doors hold dishware and utensils. A half-barrel washbasin stands in the far corner next to a locked pantry.

The other upstairs room:

This richly appointed bedroom holds furniture sized for a person of small stature. A coat rack sits by the door, while elsewhere in the room sits a cozy bed with a hand-sewn comforter, a clean bedpan, a chest of drawers at the foot of the bed, a wooden screen with birds painted on its panels, a wardrobe, and a small bookcase with some books and trinkets on it. A lantern sits atop a small end table by the bed.

Room where Ghelve is:

Unlike the front of the store, the contents of this room are not neatly arranged. A stout-legged wooden table and matching stool stand at odd angles in the room, and tiny mechanisms and tools litter the tabletop. The floor is cluttered with upright kegs holding tiny gears, screws, metal lock casings, tumblers, springs, and keys. A bucket of coal, a short-handled spade, and a small iron oven equipped with a miniature bellows occupy the far corner of the workroom. A lantern rests on another stool near the door.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant stares at the pitiful creature, his eyes tense with loathing. Dyrant then moves his gaze away from Atol and towards the bleeding man.

"I know not what it is, Silfr. Tis a rare natural beast that would escape my knowledge. I wonder if there is some value to trying to speak with it or if we shall let it pass on and seek answers elsewhere."

Dyrant bends down to check if the man's heart still beats.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Heal check to stabilize

Meh. I must have mercy. And he might have answers.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Catch crossbow

Examining the crossbow, Finneas looks grim.

I will need thicker armor if I'm to survive more of these.

"The first, and hopefully the last Silfr."

Look around for a hammer

"Does anybody see a hammer? I have some spikes we can use to keep this door shut while we question Ghelve and the assassin."

All I have is Knowledge Engineering so unless I really did get shot by a clock I won't have any idea what it is.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant will look around for a means to bind the man.

"Rope? Or manacles? Anyone?"

Dyrant will kneel down next to him and begin to go through any possessions he has, turning him over as necessary. He'll avoid investigating any unnecessary crevices.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

As their adversary collapses to the floor, Glimmil looks excitedly towards the beetle and it's carapace.

It's just as I thought, the shinier, the better.

Without a word, Glimmil heads back to the doorway hunting for the stray nail and taps it back into the frame, looking worriedly during the whole process as if Ghelve's roof may collapse on everyone.

Satisfied, he straps the hammer back to his belt and begins to look around for his axe.

"I know I left it somewhere..."

While looking for the axe, Glimmil notices a large clock that garners his attention. While heading downstairs to examine it, he sees an axe that looks vaguely like his own and decides to pick it up.

Looking up at the clock, he remembers everything before the excitement awoke him.

"Hey, it says I'm 3-feet-8-inches now!" he beams.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1
Finneas Glenn wrote:
"Does anybody see a hammer? I have some spikes we can use to keep this door shut while we question Ghelve and the assassin."

"Glad to see you're alive and okay, Sir Finneas!" Glimmil responds cheerfully.

"If you have a spike, I can provide the hammering!" The gnome pats the trusty gnomish tool at his side.


@Silfir: You detect no magic. The crossbow and rapier are of average quality. You do not recognize the creature.

@Dyrant: You stop the bleeding and he has a heart that still pumps. You find 19 more bolts of average quality, two thunderstones, and nothing else.

@Dyrant & Finneas: No rope or manacles. While not intended for such, there is a small hammer in the workshop.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant will arise and 'talk down' to Finneas from the balcony.

"Finneas, when you're done staring at the wall, make yourself useful and bring me one of those curtain sashes, won't you? We have a prisoner to bind."

Dyrant points at any of the many curtains in the room, assuming at least one has a sash for tying back curtains.

He's been staring at the wall for a while now...I had thought he was a bit smarter. *sigh* I wonder if he'll bring me a curtain sash or slashed curtains?

Dyrant returns his attention to the man and prepares to imbue him with St. Cuthbert's energy to bring him back to life.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas looks at Glimm bemusedly.

"Here is a spike, tap it into the wall to keep the door shut if the door swings into the room, otherwise stand guard in case that thing had reinforcements."

Finneas moves to the window and sheathes his sword. Ripping down the curtains and possibly a rod or two, Finneas bundles the entire mass up and carries it up to Dyrant.

"If you're taking up interior design I believe there's a blood stain down there will need covering up."

Grinning madly at his brush with death Finneas examines his would be assassin.

How large is this thing?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Sighing at the large bundle of curtains brought to him, Dyrant figures he can still make use of things.

So close! He almost got it right, but I can make use of these tools.

Dyrant will work with Finneas on laying the curtain flat, then rolling up the not-silver man so only his head/face is free.

When that is completed, he will use his Cuthbert-given healing touch on the man.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 healing via Cure Light Wounds


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas readies his sword before Dyrant revives the man.

He makes a move I don't like and I'll end his life.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
When that is completed, he will use his Cuthbert-given healing touch on the man.

The man stirs and his skin color returns to silver. He blinks a few times revealing blue eyes, and begins to struggle. Aside from his silver, hairless skin, he appears otherwise human. He is 6' tall and 180 lbs.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant rises as the man comes to.

Clapping Finneas on the back, Dyrant speaks to Finneas but really so that the man can hear.

"I'm done here...my healing cannot be used to save him again. You know what to do if he won't talk."

Nodding to Silfr, Dyrant walks down the stairs to watch the antics of the gnome.

Let's see what the half orc can scare out of the man.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil stands near the stairway door, holding the iron spike in his hand and his hammer in the other.

But if a do-badder comes up the stairs, shouldn't we make it easier for him to enter, so we can face him and dispatch justice?

Glancing upwards at Finneas, Glimmil scratches his head.

Why would Finneas want to avoid confronting more of the do-badders?

The gnome spots the bloody streak on the floor from the half-orc's earlier injury.

Oh! I know! He's afraid!

Glimmil looked upward at Finneas. He would need to do a better job protecting him - even though he looked like the strongest of the five.

Perhaps more heroic deeds will inspire him...

At this time Glimmil still hasn't hammered the spike into the door.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Who are you and why did you try to kill me? What are you doing in Ghelve's shop?"

Intimidate
+0 Rank +2 Cha +2 Half-Orc
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Where is Ghelve for that matter?

"Somebody get that gnome up here and let's get some answers from him."

Well clearly I am not as scary as I want to be.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Spike still in hand, Glimmil overheard -- "get that gnome up here."

Oh? I'm needed above? More heroic deeds await Sir Glimmil the Brave!

Glimmil looked down at the spike and wondered if he should do something with it.

Hey this might be handy to pick a lock later!

Glimmil tucked the spike away with his assorted collections of spoons, wires, springs and other metallic gadgets and rushed up the stairs.

"Yes, yes, I'm here for answers," Glimmil announced cheerfully.

Sizing up Finneas. "Yes, you should definitely get a shield, a big one I'd say." He presumed the half-orc had questions about defending himself.

"And the shinier, the better."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I will not kill the gnome I will not kill the gnome I will not kill the gnome.

"Did you hammer in that spike like I asked Glimm? It's important that this ones friends don't interrupt us until we're ready for them."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant looks around for the 'door' the two yokels were talking about.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

301 to 350 of 13,597 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.