Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


8,451 to 8,500 of 13,316 << first < prev | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | next > last >>

M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

If no adventuring duty calls, Glimmil will pay Skie a visit for the evening hours before returning home to the Cobwaddle clan home.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

What happened with the civvies and guards?


Finneas Glenn wrote:
What happened with the civvies and guards?

Good question.

Numerous civilians and guards were injured at City Hall and a couple civilians killed. There is some looting and vandalism for a couple hours, but it all ends when the mayor and Lord Vhalntru make a joint appearance announcing a three-month holiday for the new taxes. Additioanlly, the half-orc mercenaries are thanked for their service and dismissed from the guard. They leave the guard barracks and move out to the encampment outside the city.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt frowns as Maavu steams off. Who is pulling these strings? Vhalantru? The Smoking Eye? Are they one and the same?

"Maavu seems well intended, but I do not yet trust his motives."

Later, he smiles grimly at the news of the heroes tax moratorium, and the withdrawal of the half-orcs. "We should see if they go to the caverns that we cleared. If I'm right, Vhalantru will want his own force nearby." He sets about providing mundane care to the injured civilians and guards, and uses his own acupressure techniques to heal more intensive wounds, unless Cuthbert's chosen one (Atol, of course) steps in with his more numerous prayers.

He sends notes by messenger to the Lord Mayor and Skellerang. I hope this finds you well. My companions and I did our best to soothe the crowd this day, and I only regret that it came to violence. If you have some knowledge of the origins of the fell fire beast, I would be most happy to help discover its sinister source.

In the later hours, Toffitt finds Carts performing at his cabaret. He waits for him to wrap up, and they walk home together. over 50%=Carts' flat 1d100 ⇒ 20


About 10 pm, one of the worst sounds that can be heard in a town catches everyone's attention. Bells ring loudly, people shout, something is on fire.

It's not hard to see the glow of flames coming from Minuta's Board by the lake. Assuming everyone rushes to the scene, you find the building almost entirely engulfed. Half-orcs are chopping away at the building trying to bring it down completely to prevent the it from spreading. A half-orc captain stands holding half a melted sword staring into the flames.

I'll leave it to you as to how you arrive. An in person game could flow more about people arriving at different times, but I find I don't have the patience for it in PbP.

Initiative
Atol1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Dyrant 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Toffitt 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Fire 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Round 1
Finneas = 26
Fire = 23 - Nothing happens in round 1
Toffitt = 21
Atol1 = 18
Glimmil = 14
Dyrant = 11

Everyone up. Finneas twice. Nothing happens with the fire in Round 1.

The red squares are engulfed in flame. The green lines are windows. The double green lines are doors (VW/11-12, PQ/24, and ABAC/24). The structure is a single story for my sanity with nice high 20' vaulted ceilings. No one else is shown since it would just clutter the map at this point.

Map


There is already a bucket brigade going, but it is not outpacing the growth of the fire.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 1, Init 21

"Atol, have you your warding prayer against the elements?"

Toffitt steps cliose to Atol and quaffs his mutagen.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 1 Init 26

Status:

HP = 69/69
AC/T/FF = 22/13/21
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 25'
Rage/day = 7/7
Hero Points = 2
Oracle Spells Left (CL 5, +10 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

"What in Kord's name is going on here?!"

Finneas quickly protects himself from fire lest any stray brands mar his scarred and tattooed hide.

Cast Resist Energy: Fire

Round 2 Init 26

Status:

HP = 69/69
AC/T/FF = 22/13/21
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 25'
Rage/day = 7/7
Hero Points = 2
Oracle Spells Left (CL 5, +10 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

Seeing his companions discuss the evils of fire and how they can cudgel, talk, pour water on it or feed it to Atol in order to put it out, Finneas readies himself for carrying larger buckets.

Enlarge Person

I have Finneas as wearing his armor. Given the riot from yesterday and how those half-orcs got themselves murderized he probably wouldn't feel safe going out without it, recognized or no.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 1, Init 11

Dyrant begs Aralynn for flight and goes up 30'.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Perception for anything of note


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 18, Location AE10->AC14

Status:
Atol HP: 57/57
Angel HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions =
Channel Energy Left: 8/8
Healing Touch: None
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cassock of the Clergy: Bless, Sanctuary (DC11)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge
4) Spell Immunity, Blessing of Fervor

Atol quickly casts Resist Energy, Communal and touches all who are near (70 minutes / number of targets). He then moves up to the building and looks through the window.


1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Perception for Atol

The place is definitely on fire.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Hearing sounds, Glimmil foregoes armor, but grabs his hammer and shield as he leaps onto Cog and rushes to the scene.

Once there, Glimmil rubs his eyes and glances up at the sky.

"Of course, NOW it's not raining!"

"We better see if anyone's stuck inside!"

Glimmil swiftly advances on Cog to gaze into the building.

W,11

"Hello!!? Everyone's out right?"


1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Perception roll for Glimmil
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Perception roll for Cog this time

Cog wants to go in, but something is coming out.


Atol's communal resist energy will have reached everyone.

Parts of the building collapse, but the fire seems to grow even larger. Unfortunately for Glimmil and Atol, the truth soon is apparent as the flames swing at them.

The half-orcs cease their chopping and back away. The bucket brigade falls apart as the citizens flee.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 E1 at Glimmil (unsure of AC)
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16 slam
2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 Fire damage*
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 E1 at Glimmil (unsure of AC)
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10 slam
2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 Fire damage*
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 E2 at Atol (unsure of AC)
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14 slam
2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 Fire damage*
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 E2 at Atol (unsure of AC)
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13 slam
2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 Fire damage*

*If fire is enough to overcome the resist energy then a DC 18 reflex save is needed to avoid catching on fire.
EDIT: I see the resist energy is 20. I'll stop rolling it.

Party is up.

Round 2
Toffitt = 21
Atol = 18
Glimmil = 14
Dyrant = 11
Round 3
Finneas = 26
Fire creatures (15' tall) = 23

Planes DC 17:
Just huge fire elementals

New Map - Creatures in orange


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 2, Init 14

AC is only 15 without wearing the full plate (1 size, 1 Dex, 3 shield)

-26HP from 2 slams

"Y-ahh! The fire's coming OUT!"

5ft step to V,11

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Glimmil attack (+1 hook-hammer, power): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 for 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hook-hammer, power): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 for 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Let's count the reasons I love/hate GM Gristle: Fireball, Fireball, Burning Gaze, Flaming Sphere, Burning Hands, & Wall of Ice (in a fire zone) vs. fire elementals...#$@@#$! Well played sir.

Round 2, Init 11

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 Know (Planes)

This isn't good. Whomever is calling these from the outer planes must be powerful...and now is extremely angry at Cauldron. Why? WHY?!

Dyrant will fly to V10, 35' up.

Holding aloft his holy symbol, Dyrant will stare good at E1, causing doubt to enter the creature's fiery mind.

Will Save DC 20 vs. -4 to saves for 8 rounds. If save, then -4 for 1 round.

"Stand fast, Brave Gnome! The angels will be coming soon to aid you!"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Current AC 11 - Atol would not have taken the time to put on his full plate to help put out a fire. -40hp. ooof

Round 2, Initiative 18, Location AC14->AC08

Status:
Atol HP: 17/57
Angel HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Resist Energy (fire)
Channel Energy Left: 8/8
Healing Touch: None
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cassock of the Clergy: Bless, Sanctuary (DC11)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge
4) Spell Immunity, Blessing of Fervor

Conscious of his current health after only two swings (and his current near-nakedness) Atol withdraws. He humorously pulls out his cudgel as he does so.

"The fire is fighting back! I fear more of the flaming creatures that we fought before. Be on your guard!"

So much for casting Create Water to help put out the fire!


1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 - Failed save vs Dyrant


How evil am I? Yes. That evil.

Atol underestimates the reach of the fire elemental and it smacks him as he tries to get away.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 = 10

The withdraw gets you out of the first square, but not the second. BTW, you added up the to-hits, not the damage. Atol had only taken 27. Now 37.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Ahhh - thanks! If he took a hit, then he'll go ahead and do something at the end of his single move if that's OK to retcon.

Atol casts Prayer.

Status:
Atol HP: 20/57
Angel HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions =
Channel Energy Left: 8/8
Healing Touch: None
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cassock of the Clergy: Bless, Sanctuary (DC11)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Invisibility Purge
4) Spell Immunity, Blessing of Fervor


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 3 Init 26

Status:

HP = 69/69
AC/T/FF = 20/11/19
Weapon Equipped = +1 Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 25'
Rage/day = 7/7
Hero Points = 2
Oracle Spells Left (CL 5, +10 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Resist Energy: Fire (10), Resist Energy: Fire (20), Enlarge

K. Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Seeing his plans for using wagons as water buckets dashed by the fire fighting back, Finneas rushes to help Atol.

This isn't going to be fun.
Male: At least you can fight it with your sword.
I can?
Fifth: How much did you have to drink last night?
Sword it is.

Unlimbering his sword Finneas moves forward and swings at the fire.

Forward 25' and swing.

Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 183d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) + 14 = 26


Is Finneas going for E1 or E2?

The elemental swings wildly at Finneas before he can swing.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

E2 please sir.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 2, Init 21

Toffitt drinks his extract of haste and tumbles in to threaten the closest elemental. iPhone so not able to give you rich post.

AC 25

Acrobatics 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


Cog tries to lead Glimmil into the burning building, but finally obeys Glimmil and moves toward the elemental. In the struggle, Glimmil fails to hit the elemental. Without his armor, Glimmil is an easy target for the elemental who quickly smashes him twice (16 damage).

Finneas misses the other elemental, which in turn misses Toffitt as he tumbles in. The elemental swings twice at Toffitt, but only connects once (9 damage).

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 - AoO
1d2 ⇒ 2 - Fire spreading
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 - E1 at Glimmil
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 - E1 at Glimmil
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26 - E2 at Toffitt
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 - E2 at Toffitt

Party is up

New Map

Round 3
Toffitt = 21
Atol = 18
Glimmil = 14
Dyrant = 11
Round 4
Finneas = 26
Fire creatures (15' tall) = 23


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 3, Init 11

Dyrant looks down upon the hugenormous elemental and the brave unclad gnome and dog and worries.

"Stand firm, Glim! The Angels come!"

Dyrant will cast Angelic Motes upon E1, seeking to daze the creature with Cuthbert's fluff. Will Save DC 20 vs Daze. Made each round until success.

GM Chris:

Forgive the SoD-like effect. Not sure this qualifies as jerky or not. I think the point of this encounter is the fire...and these elementals aren't bosses.

It takes two rounds and a 4th lvl spell to have a 10% chance of preventing attacks....which isn't too silly, I hope.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 3, Init 21

Toffitt swings rather swiftly.

Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
[ooc]Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
[ooc]Dueling blade 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 4 Init 26

Status:

HP = 69/69
AC/T/FF = 20/11/19
Weapon Equipped = +1 Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 25'
Rage/day = 7/7
Hero Points = 2
Oracle Spells Left (CL 5, +10 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Resist Energy: Fire (10), Resist Energy: Fire (20), Enlarge

Finneas moves to avoid the Doctor and slashes again.

5' step south to AD16

Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 173d6 + 14 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) + 14 = 241d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 113d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) + 14 = 30

It would hurt so bad if only I could connect!


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 18, Location AC08->AB11

Status:
Atol HP: 34/57
Angel HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions = Resist Energy, Fire, Prayer 2 of 7
Channel Energy Left: 7/8
Healing Touch: None
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cassock of the Clergy: Bless, Sanctuary (DC11)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Invisibility Purge
4) Spell Immunity, Blessing of Fervor

We're so spread out. Maybe if I stand along the wall arms outstretched….

Atol moves against the wall of the building, stretches out, and channels energy for 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 6) = 14 worth of healing. I think I can hit everyone with line of effect, but if Dr. Toffitt is missed so be it for now.

Don't forget the Prayer -> +1 to hit/damage for us, -1/-1 for them (luck bonus).


1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3 E1's will save


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

-42HP, then +14 from Atol, total -28HP

Round 3, Init 14

"Oo-oof! Hey!"

Glimmil tugs at Cog's collar, trying to ascertain why his companion was headed into the burning building instead of heroically fighting with him against the giant fire monster.

Cog attack (bite, power, prayer): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 for 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13

Glimmil attack (+1 hook-hammer, power): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 = 32 for 1d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hook-hammer, power): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13 for 1d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11

EDIT, adding crit confirm.

Glimmil crit confirm (+1 hook-hammer, power): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21 for 2d6 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 16 + 2 = 22


Dyrant dazes one of the elementals and Glimmil takes advantage of the situation to land a critical hit against the creature. Toffitt does a bit of damage to the other elemental while Finneas misses it. The elemental takes a couple swipes at Toffitt, but Atol's prayers keep him safe. The elemental takes a 5' step back into the flames--thinking the flames will keep Toffitt at bay.

Glimmil gets the impression that Cog is trying to help someone and as more of the building collapses, a boy trapped beneath a beam is revealed. He might have been screaming at one point, but now lies unconscious or dead from the heat and smoke.

Round 3 Recap
Toffitt = 21 - Hits for 10 (5 goes through)
Atol (prayer going) = 18 - Channels for 14
Glimmil = 14 - Crits for 36
Dyrant = 11 - Angelic Motes
Round 4
Finneas = 26 - miss x2
Fire creatures (15' tall) = 23

Party up

Round 4
Toffitt = 21
Atol = 18
Glimmil = 14
Dyrant = 11
Round 5
Finneas = 26
Fire creatures = 23
E1 Dazed (31 damage)
E2 (5 damage)

1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 1 = 24 darn prayer
1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 15 - 1 = 21

New Map


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Waiting for Toffitt's move, will determine what Finneas does.

Also I hate to point this out because these guys are way out of our weight class but you can't crit, flank, or sneak attack elementals.


Forgot it's will save also. 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6
So, E1 still dazed, but only 9 damage


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 4, Init 21

Toffiitt steps up diagonally to the creature, making space for Finn. Slashes out viciouslyish.

Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Dueling blade 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 5 Init 26

Status:

HP = 69/69
AC/T/FF = 20/11/19
Weapon Equipped = +1 Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 25'
Rage/day = 7/7
Hero Points = 2
Oracle Spells Left (CL 5, +10 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Resist Energy: Fire (10), Resist Energy: Fire (20), Enlarge, Prayer

Finneas steps next to the building and attempts to damage the creature again.

Greatsword Power Attack Prayer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 143d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 5, 5) + 15 = 271d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 123d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 15 = 27

"I don't think I'm fighting fire the right way."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 18, Location AC08->AB11

Status:
Atol HP: 49/57
Angel HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions = Resist Energy, Fire, Prayer 3 of 7
Channel Energy Left: 6/8
Healing Touch: None
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cassock of the Clergy: Bless, Sanctuary (DC11)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Invisibility Purge
4) Spell Immunity, Blessing of Fervor

Atol stays against the wall of the burning building and channels energy for 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 2) = 15 worth of healing.

The fire is getting out of control while we fight these creatures! What a waste! I hope the whole city doesn't burn because of this. Atol grits his teeth.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Waiting to post until after Glim...not sure if Glim is going to save the boy or mention him to Dyrant.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 4, Init 14

"A boy! There's a boy trapped inside!" Glimmil shouts, while looking up at the large blazing fire.

Hmmm, it seems I've dazed it. Now's the time for heroics!

"To the boy!"

Glimmil guides Cog into the fiery building towards the boy, and if there is time, pulls him onto Cog in his place while dismounting.

Ride DC20 (to swift dismount): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 4, Init 11

From above Glim, a loud facepalm slap echoes in the streets.

By the teats of the lamia!

Dyrant will fly to W16' and glare at E2.

Will Save DC 20 vs. -4 to AC for 8 rounds. If save, then -4 for 1 round. Heck, maybe it will encourage Finn to stop fanning the flames with his sword and actually hit the thing. ;)

"Aralynn, are there more trapped inside?"

Dyrant and Aralynn will look for other survivors.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Perception

Dyrant Stats:

AC: 13
HP: 48/48
Weapon Equipped = none
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+3 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = none
Favor of St. Cuthbert =
Fly: 3 of 8 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 4 of 10 rounds used

Saves Hex: E1 6 of 8 rounds to go
Angelic Motes: 7 of 8 rounds to go
AC Hex: E2 ...


DC 20 Str check required to move the beam the boy is trapped under.


No one else seen.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 will save
A couple hours until I'm home and can post next turn.


Glimmil and Cog run up to the boy and start to pull at the beam on top of the boy. Toffitt slices the elemental three times, but only two of the slices doing any damage. However, it's more than Finneas who continues to slash the flames and not the elemental. Dyrant gazes at the elemental who resists the power of St. Cuthbert.

Atol's prayers save Toffitt from being hit by the elemental though.

Round 4 Recap
Toffitt = 21 - hits 3x for a total of 6 damage
Atol = 18 - Channels
Glimmil = 14 - moves in, dismounts, strength check pending. Cog could assist.
Dyrant = 11 - Moves. Gazes.
Round 5
Finneas = 26 - fans the flames
Fire creatures = 23
E1 Dazed (9 damage) 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 = 17 - will save. Still dazed.
E2 (5 damage)
1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 1 = 24
1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 1 = 15

Party up

Round 5
Toffitt = 21
Atol = 18
Glimmil = 14
Dyrant = 11
Round 6
Finneas = 26
Fire creatures = 23
E1 Dazed (9 damage)
E2 (11 damage)

New Map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 4

"Cog! Help me with thi--hunhh-is!"

Cog Str Assist (vs DC10 for +2?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Glimmil Str vs DC20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Garl's Golden Glitter, this is heavy! FINNEAS! I NEED YOU BIG GUY!" Glimmil shouts as loudly as he can.

Round 5, Init 14

Meeting Cog's supremely intelligent gaze, Glimmil nods to his companion yet again. "We gotta do this boy. Finn might be busy putting that big angry fire out still. On three..."

Cog Str Assist (vs DC10 for +2?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Glimmil Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Sweating from the exertion and the heat, Glimmil looks worriedly at Cog and the boy.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 5, Init 21

Toffitt slices further into the walking fire that is with him.

Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Dueling blade 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"Atol, have you Cuthbert's strength to lend?"


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

GM Christle: E2 still has 1 round of -4 AC. C'mon Finn!

Round 5, Init 11

"Glim! Take care of the firebeast! Leave this one to me."

Dyrant will fly down to the child, grasp his holy symbol, and speak the prayerspell of Archon's Movement, moving Dyrant, the boy, and Aralynn to Y7ish.

Aralynn, seeing a faithful future Cuthbertine, casts CLW on the boy.

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 healing

5 more rounds of daze.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:

GM Christle: E2 still has 1 round of -4 AC. C'mon Finn!

Finn is after you in init order so has already missed even with the -4.

The child appears alive, but still trapped and still about to be consumed by flames.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 6 Init 26

Status:

HP = 69/69 (81/81)
AC/T/FF = 18/9/17
Weapon Equipped = +1 Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 25'
Rage/day = 7/7
Hero Points = 2
Oracle Spells Left (CL 5, +10 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Resist Energy: Fire (10), Resist Energy: Fire (20), Enlarge, Prayer

Finneas steps forward, confident in the protection Atol has given him, and gets very angry with the fire.

Move 5' into flames to stand next to Toffitt. Rage.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged Prayer: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 213d6 + 18 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 18 = 271d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 253d6 + 18 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) + 18 = 31


After two great hits Finneas should roar something about Kord and not needing St. Cuthbert messing with his mojo.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Had to make sure I hit first. ;)

8,451 to 8,500 of 13,316 << first < prev | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.