Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


8,001 to 8,050 of 13,777 << first < prev | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | next > last >>

Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 12

1d20 ⇒ 19 + 10ish Knowledge(whatever they are)

Dyrant tries to figure out what they are before taking action.

No map, eh? I trust you positioning, GM Chris.

Dyrant, trying to go 10' up, will look for a spot to burn both swarms.

Holding forth fingers of anger, Dyrant will recite the spellprayer of Burning Hands.

5d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 4, 2) = 12 fire damage vs Ref 18 for half

Aralynn will float into the hallway and safety.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
Dyrant tries to figure out what they are before taking action.

Dyrant:
These are creatures you've never heard of before, but you think Draconic Fingerling would be a good name for them. They seem to be the product of a black dragon and kuo-toa. They seem to have the usual diminutive swarm traits such as being immune to weapon damage. Given their acid damage and voracious nature, you suspect they could completely consume a helpless victim or corpse in a single round.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 - Swarm 1 REF save (6 damage +50% = 9 damage)
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 - Swarm 2 REF save (6 damage +50% = 9 damage)

The swarm is writhing on the ground and jumping up on Toffitt and Glimmil. Think of them as flying fish. They leap well, but don't actually fly.

Round 2
Finneas = 25 - backs up
Atol = 20 - TBD
Glimmil = 17 - TBD
Dyrant = 12 - burning hands
Toffitt = 11 - TBD
Other = 9
Kuo-toa = 8


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 11 {>BH70}

Toffitt retreats from the draconic frogic tadpoles and rudely rummages through Atol's pack for an alchemist's fire.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism

Init +7 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12
AC 23 (15 touch; 18 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +7 CMD 22
HP 38/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Bow, Wand
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 10hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas) USED
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility USED
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 29 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 4 of 10 min. used (1)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 20, Location BH69 -> BK70

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Atol pulls out the only area affect spell he's got - Sound Burst - and casts it on the swarms. With a 10'radius he should be able to affect both swarms, but if not he only affects one.

The swarms take 1d8 ⇒ 1 damage, and save vs DC 17 (Fortitude) or be stunned 1 round.

He'll then backup away from the swarms.

There are two alchemy fires in my pack.


Atol should be able to catch both and a square that doesn't include Glimmil.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 - Swarm 1 - Save (10 dmg)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 - Swarm 2 (Glimmil's swarm) - Fail (10 dmg)


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Glimmil swings wildly at the emergence of the tadpole swarm, unsure of any better action.

"Yagh! Evil mini-frogs! What do we do?!"

He wiggles uncomfortably as many find their way past his shield and armor and nibble at his tasty gnome flesh.

Glimmil will try to keep their attention - away from Dyrant and Atol at least...


Fort save Glimmil? Don't roll a 1. That sounds familiar.


The swarm by Toffitt slithers back into the water while the other swarm lies stunned around Glimmil.

The kuo-toa pops his head up in the same spot and shoots another bolt that mereley bounces off Glimmil's armor again.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Party up.

Round 3
Finneas = 25 -
Atol = 20 -
Glimmil = 17 -
Dyrant = 12
Toffitt = 11 -
Other = 9
Kuo-toa = 8


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 3 Init 25

Status:

HP = 55/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield

Seeing the kuo-toan pop up again Finneas walks on the wall and ceiling towards it.

Is the ceiling 10' at least? I forgot. Basically Finneas wants to move towards the frog without sticking his head in the water to be eaten off.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 11

Toffitt moves to a point where he has a clear shot and throws the alchemists fire. He then begins rummaging for the second one.

Alchemists fire 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 -4 if in-melee penalty applies
1d6 ⇒ 5


The ceiling is 15' high.

Toffitt hits the sedated swarm (splashing Glimmil for 1).

Swarm 1 (in the water) - 10 dmg
Swarm 2 (stunned, 2 squares out of water) - 17 damage


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 20, Location BK70

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Atol pulls an Alchemy fire from his pack and hands it to Dr. Toffitt. "Here. You're better at throwing things than I. That's our last one too. I have some acid flasks, but I'm guessing those won't do any damage."

The swarm is only stunned for one round, so it's un-stunned on my init.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3, Init 12

Dyrant will float to the hallway (BK69 I believe), and ready to fireball should both swarms be visible/active and there is a way to avoid most of his party.

7d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 5, 2, 6, 3) = 29 fire damage, DC 20 Reflex for half.

"Meh, we'll need more fire to burn these abominations away, unless they are tied to the water, in which case we should just go around them."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

-12dmg so far.

Seeing the ominous signs of Dyrant floating above with fire swirling about, Glimmil continues to back away from the swarm, while keeping his shield up - not that it's doing anything.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


The kuo-toa sees Finneas approaching and fires a shot at him, but if bounces harmlessly off Finneas's armor. The kuo-toa then descends beneath the water again.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The swarm that was in front of Glimmil flops back into the water and out of sight. The other swarm leaps up at Finneas on the ceiling, but doesn't reach him. It hangs there in the air biting and hissing. It ends its turn in the air.

1d20 + 29 ⇒ (6) + 29 = 35 - Jump DC 40

Party up.

Round 4
Finneas = 25 -
Atol = 20 -
Glimmil = 17 -
Dyrant = 12
Toffitt = 11 -
Other = 9
Kuo-toa = 8


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 4 Init 25

Status:

HP = 55/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield

Sweet Kord!

Finneas quickly hustles away from the flying fish of doom and keeps himself away from the water.

How do they float like that.

Move to where the kou-toan was and stay on the ceiling out of the way.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 20, Location BK70->further away

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Impressed by their jumping ability, Atol backs further down the hall so as to avoid any possibility of a swam attack. He looks through his pack trying to find something useful to use against the swarms, but he's given away all that he had already.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 4, Init 12

Dyrant calls over the Cauldron 5.2 to him, including Aralynn and Cog. (Dyrant is in BK69...in the hallway, safely away from danger, he thinks.)

Assessing the situation, we states the obvious in his most withering oratory tone.

"While I could summon St. Cuthbert's anger to burn these abominations to ash, the cost of it might be high when we consider what foes we might face in the coming hours. I suggest trying to confirm that they are mostly water based...and if they are, bypassing them rather than using resources. Certainly, we can get by them easily enough."

Dyrant ponders more.

"If we are worried about running ahead to an uncertain safe zone, then I think we might ask Doctor Toffitt or Aralynn to scout further ahead to ascertain any future problems."

Full round action to blather.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Blah. Blah. Blah.

Glimmil looks at Dyrant cheerfully.

"Um, sure. Sounds good."

He swats at a nibbling fish while trying to understand if a plan was just formed.

Full action withdrawal to see if the flopping fishies follow.


Round 4

The kuo-toa bobs up and finds Finneas on the ceiling above him. He thinks about ducking down, but takes a shot at Finneas. The shot goes wide and in his eyes you can see he has already regretted his decision.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The first swarm completes its jump and goes down in the water. The second swarm leaps up at Finneas and manages to envelop him this time.

1d20 + 29 ⇒ (12) + 29 = 41 - jump check
2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 damage
1d6 ⇒ 6 acid
Distraction of DC 15 Fort or nauseated.

The swarm hangs in the air in Finneas's square and 3 others in the air.

Party up for Round 5 (Toffitt for Round 4 also)


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 5 Init 25

Status:

HP = 45/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield

Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Missed it by that much!

Unable to act with the swarm making him sick, Finneas hangs on the wall.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Initiative 20, Location far far away

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

"I'm not sure these creatures are bound to the pool, but they may be. It would be nice if we could finish them and not leave them at our backs. Still, I have little that will help aside from what I've already offered and used."

Atol shrugs unhelpfully.

"I think Finneas needs our help sooner than later though. He's still playing with the swarm."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Oops, missed I can waddle 25' away from the swarm towards the "safety" of Dyrant's hands of burning doom.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Round 5

"I tried swinging my hammer - I think I maybe got a couple of them, but there's thousands!"

Glimmmil's eyes narrow as he studies the swarm.

"It'd take days to swat all those fishy-things... this one's all up to Mister Maynor and his Cuthberty-fiery-stuffs!"

Glimmil looks upward to Dyrant, eyes big with expectation that the weathered man will be their savior.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 4, Init 11

Oops. The updater page didn't refresh for Shackled either.

Toffitt moves to a spot where he has a clear shot, and throws another alchemist's fire at the visible swarm.

Recurring fire damage 1d6 ⇒ 6 x1.5
New alchemist's fire 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 4 = 28
1d6 ⇒ 6 x1.5
confirm? forget if that would apply here 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 4 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 1

Wait, what alchemist archetype is he?

"I think it unwise for us to perhaps rouse the dragon at less than full strength. Especially if we leave our return route blocked by these vermin. Perhaps we should instead clear out other threats, like the erinyes."

Round 5, Init 11

Toffitt climbs up a wall to a clear spot, and readies an action to fire his bow at the kuo-toa.

Longbow 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 5, Init 12

Dyrant delays, waiting to see if the swarms follow out of water or hide like tadpole cowards.


The party backs away from the water and exchanges a couple bow shots with the kuo-toa until he soon floats face down next to the other one.

The swarms jump out of the water a couple times before settling down into water again.

All is still as the party looks on.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant sneers at the water.

"See? They are but a momentary hazard. We could easily come back later and finish them if we wished."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Ah yes. St. Cuthbert, the god of procrastination. I had forgotten that.

"Be that as it may, perhaps we should either go lure the erinyes out somewhere further from the dragon's lair, or take some time to rest ourselves. Either a full night or an hour's break for food and preparations."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas shrugs, embarrassed at his momentary lack of control due to the swarm of jumpy bitey black winged FISH OF DOOM.

"Whatever anybody thinks is best. I'm feeling off."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"I don't like leaving them behind to sneak up on us, but they do seem stuck to the water so I suppose it's all right. Does anyone need healing? Finneas are you injured?"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Eh? A little Atol, nothing serious."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Stuck in the water, behind a thin bit of netting. Not exactly inspiring of confidence. Well I have no way of hurting them. It's Dyrant's choice."

"I'm a bit singed as well, Atol."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol takes out the wand of Cure Light Wounds and taps each of his allies lightly.

Finneas
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Toffitt
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"That should, er, top you off, uh, a little... So how shall we proceed?" He looks to Dyrant for answers.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Still down 9hp. Here are CLW wand rolls
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

2 more charges if you don't mind?


Taking a minute to assess the situation, the party can see a door at the top of the steps from the water. The top steps appear out of the range of even the best leap of the swarms which still appear to be in good shape.

The area beyond the portcullis appears to end in a water filled room. An occassional kuo-toa can be seen popping his head around the corner. The lever for the portcullis is 10' south of the portcullis.

New Map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Glimmil took 12, so he'll take a wand charge, if that's OK.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"So... up then? That room behind the bars looks like its a dead end?"

Glimmil goes over to Cog, showering him with praise

"You did SO good! Who kept Atol nice and save from those fishy-monsters? YOU did!"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

In his quest for more information, Dyrant turns to Aralynn.

"Aralynn, dearie, as you can see, we are in quite a situation as how to proceed.  There is some concern what might lie behind that portcullis.  Would you mind scouting down that way?  Don't endanger yourself, but it is clear that you can skim along the ceiling and check things out for us?"

Dyrant watches as Aralynn squeezes through the portcullis and down the hallway quietly to see what is beyond, happy to go slow and retreat at the first sign of trouble.

While that happens, Dyrant watches the healing happen.


Aralynn slips through the portcullis and gets halfway down the hallway before she spots a kuo-toa that sends a lightning bolt at her. Aralynn pauses to enjoy the lightning show (immune) and continues on along the ceiling. Other kuo-toas fire bolts at Aralynn, but they bounce harmlessly off her (don't pass DR). She then returns to the party.

"Three clerics and six with crossbows and rapiers. They're just huddled down there. I think they ran out of space to run. Or they're protecting something. Or it's a trap. Or, uhm, that's all I got."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d4 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 - no confirm
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant listens to and then thanks Aralynn for the report.

"Can you describe the area? Are there any more exits? How big is it?"

Dyrant turns to the party.

"It's clear that we can leave them behind us."

Dyrant looks at the water pool. Is there a way to drain it?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas motions to the net keeping the demon fish in the pool.

"Why don't we just cut the net and let the fish eat them?"


No obvious ways to drain the pool, but I'm open to ideas.

The fish have not eaten the floating kuo-toa bodies. Of course, they might just like fresh food.


I'm also open to non-rolling, average damage, solutions to the swarms. Who feels like bait?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant paces around thinking before hatching a plan.

"I have a plan...it's crazy, but it just might work!  If not for those meddling kids..." Dyrant eyes the tadpole swarms that no doubt lurk beneath the surface. 

"Atol, I need you to surge Aralynn with the strength of our God, for without him, we are nothing.  Aralynn, I need you to flip that lever given the strength that Atol will channel to you.   The last thing we need is a volunteer to engage the kuotoa within and see if the swarms are drawn to them on that side of the portcullis.  If so or if not, the Lord's Fireballs will be cast down that way...for these abominations must be scoured from the face of the planet."

Dyrant looks at the Cauldron 5.2.

"Any questions?  Amendments?  VOLUNTEERS!?"  Dyrant's eyes switch between the Doctor and Cog/Glim.

"I have some chocolate eel monsters left...does someone want a CoggySnack!?"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 4/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Atol steps up, and at the right time, grants Aralynn the strength of St. Cuthbert* for his mission.

"Go with St. Cuthbert - and throw that lever!"

*Strength Surge(sp): +3 to any strength related task for the next round (attack, damage, CMB/D, etc.)


With the strength of St. Cuthbert, Aralynn flies past the portcullis and is able to push the lever up. The portcullis creaks loudly, but opens up. The party uses some clever (or simple) plan to take down the netting and waits. After 30 seconds it appears both swarms have wandered to the other side of the portcullis. However, the hoped for carnage has not ensued.

1d2 ⇒ 1 #1
1d2 ⇒ 2 #2

1d2 ⇒ 1 #1
1d2 ⇒ 1 #2

1d2 ⇒ 2 #1
1d2 ⇒ 1 #2

1d2 ⇒ 1 #1
1d2 ⇒ 1 #2

1d2 ⇒ 2 #1
1d2 ⇒ 2 #2


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt shakes his head. A bloody lot these Cuthbertines, sending children to eat their elders.

He crawls to the lip of the tunnel along the ceiling.

Undercommon:

"if you would like to discuss terms of surrender, please make your intentions known. I for one have no desire to slay any of you, except perhaps your Draconic children."

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

A bolt goes zipping down the tunnel and past Toffitt.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"What did you tell them doctor?"

Maybe we could just close the gate?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Just giving them the chance to surrender. I guess not. Dyrant?"

8,001 to 8,050 of 13,777 << first < prev | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.