Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,951 to 8,000 of 13,954 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>

|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I carried him out of the hole using Spider Climb...


Missed that, but results are same. Just at top of pit.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Ah. Confusion abides. Well I suppose Finneas could enlarge and wave Atol in the air like a piñata...


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol munches on a bun. "I am NOT full of candy." He looks down at the sticky bun and puts it away...


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 5

Dyrant facepalms as the ghostly hand crawls out of the wall to easily hit Atol again.

It's like he's trying to get hit.

"C'mon Atol! Dodge! Duck! Dip! Dive! And dodge!"

Dyrant restores the Blessing of St. Cuthbert on Atol *again*.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Seeing Atol a little worse for wear than he expected (as in - near death), Glimmil bites his lower lip and looks about for the evil shadow monster, his eyes wide as it reappears to assail Atol again.

"Great idea Atol! We'll all use the power of our gods to fend it off!"

"GAAARRRLL!" Glimmil roars as he pulses with holy energies that accompany Atol's like a symphony of holy, gooey goodness.

Channel Positive: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10 (DC16)

+1d6 if Greater Mercy applies? 1d6 ⇒ 6

As the holy glow subsides, Glimmil looks to Finneas and Dyrant and awaits their channeling of their respective god's powers.


Round 6

The whispy hand comes out again and grasps at Atol's leg.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 - touches Atol
1d100 ⇒ 47 - miss
1d100 ⇒ 91 - but blindfight hits
1d6 ⇒ 5 damage
1d6 ⇒ 1 CON drain

Party up

Playing this loosely without a map at this point. If this isn't working for anyone, let me know.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 6, Init 9

Toffitt moves next to Atol.

Celestial:

"For goodness' sake, Atol — either avoid its blows or ready yourself to sear it should it appear."

Toffitt readies his own attack, keeping an eye out for the wraith's hand.

Duelling blade 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

This mod's designer really loves annoying, drawn out cat and mouse games. Grr.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 5 Init 13

Status:

HP = 49/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield

Finneas readies an attack on the hand as soon as it emerges from the rock.

Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 122d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1) + 13 = 19


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Initiative 12, Location BL75

Status:
Atol HP: 30/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Fortitude save 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12 vs DC 17

Atol thinks for a moment and decides that a Cure Serious will do more damage if it hits than will his channeling and so he readies an attack on the wraith should it show itself again. He converts a Resist Energy Communal.

Touch attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) + 6 = 13 (DC 18 for half)
Oh, look, a crit threat!

Confirm critical 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Atol fights on grimly and quietly...

Am I on the top of the pit or still in it? IE can I run away?


Sure enough, the ghostly hand emerges from the stone once more. Atol is ready this time though and slaps away the hand with his own. There is a pulse of light and then the whispy hand is no more.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 - failed save

Good job taking things into your own hands Atol. Out of combat.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Well, that's the end of that. Let us pray we don't encounter another of those soon."

Is this Drain or Damage? IE will the lesser restoration scrolls work or not? I think it's the former, but I'd like confirmation before I go cry in my beer.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant floats down to Atol with some concern in his eyes.

"You look terrible," Dyrant opines as he sees the effect of Atol's stamina drained away. "We should go back and tend to your injuries. I have little that can help you with this."

Dyrant frowns, unhappy to be so close yet worried about their ability to complete St. Cuthbert's will.

"Might as well finish with this room...that altar should be destroyed if it is responsible for breeding things like that. However, we should be careful. There might be yet more pits. Finn, would you take the pick and destroy that altar?"

Dyrant will cast Detect Magic and look around, especially for more traps.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Perception

Edit: Knowledge rolls from earlier on Images:

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30 Knowledge: Arcana
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 Knowledge: Dungeoneering
1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20 Knowledge: History
1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31 Knowledge: Nature
1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33 Knowledge: Planes
1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30 Knowledge: Religion


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"You do look near death yourself, my friend. But surely some of your own powerful healing magics could restore you to full health...?"

If only we had a powerful 7th level cleric with us! I kid! I kid!

Toffitt begins examining the room more carefully for traps and treasure.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Sure Dyrant, I'll take care of it. Watch out for more of those things."

Finneas takes the pick and spider walks his way to the altar before beginning to smash it.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Thanks for all your concern, and I do feel poorly, but I'm all right. I will need the ministrations of a high level cleric soon though - certainly before fighting another of those beasts!"

Atol cleans himself up a bit, and munches on some food from his pack to try and boost his stamina. To take his mind of it, he goes through his scrolls and other equipment and generally tries to be busy.

That was close. I need to be more careful about entering empty rooms apparently.

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3)


Atol Lem wrote:
Is this Drain or Damage? IE will the lesser restoration scrolls work or not? I think it's the former, but I'd like confirmation before I go cry in my beer.

Unfortunately, it's drain and you know the lesser restoration won't work. You can go cry in your beer.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant will keep the Blessing of St. Cuthbert on Atol...hoping that it will be of more use in future fights.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

I wonder how much longer until level 8... Maybe if we kill the erinyes we'll level and then Atol'll have Restoratoin. :-p


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
Edit: Knowledge rolls from earlier on Images:

Already answered here or were you refering to some other images?


There is no magic in the room, but the two incense burners on the the altar appear to be pure gold.


Finneas makes short work of the altar and no one spots any other traps as they look carefully about.

There is the one room with stairs to the north and a portcullis to the south. Or the party can leave the fortress again.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Glimmil gives Atol a worried look.

"Should we check that room with the stairs? Maybe Atol should... umm... stay back a little? He's one enough brave deeds today and should rest up. Cog could guard him?"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Ayep. That was it. Missed it.

Dyrant agrees with Glim.

"Yep, that way."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

As with before, Toffitt uses his slippers to climb into the room with stairs, taking the wall nearest the stairs. Wand in one hand, as is often the case.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"I'll stay to the rear, but I definitely thing we should move forward... carefully."

Atol stays at or near the rear of the party and watches his step.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Finneas, perhaps you could lend Atol your cloak, so he can climb out of harm's way."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol thinks for a moment, "No, I don't think I want to be crawling the walls, better that you have it Finneas and use it to move around the battlefield more easily."

Atol doesn't like the idea of hanging upside down from the ceiling. He gets a little woozy at the thought.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"I agree with Atol, Doctor. He'd be much safer next to Dyrant than alone on the ceiling."

We need to get him out of here before he dies again. Like me.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Very well. But hold onto this in case you get in a bind." Toffitt hands Atol a potion of invisibility and instructs him in its use.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant suppresses a snicker as the Doctor explains *eating* to Atol.

If there is one skill he's mastered...

"Doctor, I think Atol knows how to drink...training him to not eat the bottle is a worthwhile goal, however," Dyrant says with a smile.

To the stairs!


Before the party fully enters the room with the water, stairs, and portcullis, Aralynn warns:

"More evil is about this place."

Nothing jumps out as she concentrates.

"Two faint sources of evil moving in the water."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt continues into the room, first crawling up as high as possible outside of the room, then sticking to the wall as he makes his way towards the stairwell.

POST NUMBER 8,000!!!!


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

How high is ceiling?

"Can you get closer to see and identify the sources? We are trying to protect Atol under we can render him to our Church for aid."

Aralynn will fly in and scout from the ceiling.

Edit: 8000 posts, biyotches! w00t!


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"I told you Dryant! I told you water wasn't to be trusted. You know what goes on in it!"

Fish f...
Female: That'll be quite enough.
Fifth: Feed? Frolic? For...
Female: Enough I say.

Looking back on our first posts it's pretty crazy to see how far we've come.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Glimmil observes this "Aralynn" and her fear of the evil that is water.

"Don't worry, Aralynn! I won't let water do anything bad to you! It's perfectly safe, here -- watch!"

Glimmil splashes some water in Dyrant's direction with a smile on his face, before taking everything slightly more seriously and scanning for evil himself.

Detect evil. Once it's found, Glimmil will approach cautiously with his lance.


The room has 15' ceilings and a stone staircase ascending into an alcove in the northwest corner and an iron portcullis in the south wall. It looks like a net has been woven through the bars of the portcullis, but the net only reaches halfway up the bars. Most of the western half of the room is covered in standing water. The water is murky, so it's hard to tell how deep it gets, but if the floor is mostly level, it shouldn't be more than a foot deep. The walls are covered with frescos of young kuo-toas emerging from eggs and being handed spears by other kuo-toas.

Aralynn heads into the room. Toffitt climbs along the walls toward the staircase as Glimmil approaches the water.

Not sure if Cog is with Glimmil or guarding Atol.

Perception
Aralynn 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Atol1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Cog1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Dyrant 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Finneas 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Glimmil1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Toffitt 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Kuo-toa 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

As Toffitt approaches, he notices two kuo-toa heads just above the water behind the stairs. They have hand crossbows ready to fire at Glimmil. He also notices something else is moving around in the water, but can't see through the muck. It seems to be everywhere.

Initiative
Atol1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Dyrant 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Kuo-toa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Other 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Surprise Round
Toffitt = 11
Kuo-toa = 8

Round 1
Finneas = 25
Atol = 20
Glimmil = 17
Dyrant = 12
Toffitt = 11
Other = 9
Kuo-toa = 8

Toffitt up for surprise round.
Then the kuo-toas fire their crossbows at Glimmil, but the bolts bounce harmlessly off his armor. They then draw their rapiers.

Then whole party is up (including Toffitt again). I'm moving the "other" to before the kuo-toa for ease.

Kuo-toa attacks at Glimmil flat-footed.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 K1 miss
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 K2 miss

Map to follow.


New Map


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 1 Init 25

Status:

HP = 49/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield

Shield still up or has too much time passed?

Suddenly realizing he is still injured from the last fight Finneas heals himself while waiting for the frogs to close.

"These frogs are sneaky."

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Surprise round, Init 11 {>BC66}

"Look out, Glimmil! Archers. And... the water is teeming with something. Careful!"

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism

Init +7 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12
AC 23 (15 touch; 18 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +9 CMD 22
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Longbow
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 10hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas) USED
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility USED
- open slot
Wand of Shield 29 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 4 of 10 min. used (1)

Toffitt drops his wand and five foot steps up diagonally onto the wall. He draws his bow quickly and fires it at the second kuo-toa.

Longbow 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 v. flat-footed
1d8 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + (5, 3, 2) = 18


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 11 {>BD66}

Toffitt fires once more and then climbs back down, retrieving his wand.

Longbow 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 12

"Aralynn, stay safe....and grant me you wings so that I might as well!"

Cast fly.

Fly back to BK70, 5' up..

"Atol, back here with me!"


Toffitt fires off two quick arrows. The first one strikes the kuo-toas in his head, but somehow it is still able to get it's crossbow shot off at Glimmil. The second also hits though and the kou-toa falls over into the water.

Surprise Round
Toffitt = 11 - Hits K2 for 18
Kuo-toa = 8 - miss Glimmil

Round 1
Finneas = 25 - CLW wand
Atol = 20 - TBD
Glimmil = 17 - TBD

Dyrant = 12 - Fly
Toffitt = 11 - Finishes off K2
Other = 9
Kuo-toa = 8

Where's Aralynn? As shown on map or with Dyrant?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Not a wand, used my own spell. Sorry should have specified. Probably won't matter but if it comes to it I'm still holding my sword.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 20, Location BH69

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Atol casts Bless to aid the party in their attacks.

"I'll, er, stay back here."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Aralynn floats against the ceiling above Dr. Toffee. She ain't afraid of no two KuoToa.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

I'm good with Cog set to "guard Atol". In that case Glimmil probably wasn't walking around with his lance, but has been carrying his hammer and shield.

Turning his head as the arrows thud into his shiniest of shields, Glimmil turns to inform the others of the obvious, "More frog-men!"

Where do they keep coming from? It's like they're growing these guys somewhere!

"Stay back! There's only two of them! The doctor will make quick work of them in a matter of moments!"

Glimmil stands at the ready, shield up, in case something more dangerous than a lone kuo-toan approaches the party.

Ready action to attack anything within range.


The remaining kuo-toa ducks beneath the murky water and out of sight. The water stirs and two swarms of what appear to be ebony tadpoles with huge teeth, horns, and budding wings leap forth and cover Toffitt and Glimmil (squares BD-66 and BF-69 & BF-70). Hundreds of the creatures slip under their armor and nip at them with teeth dripping with acid.

2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 - bite damage
1d6 ⇒ 5 - acid damage

Dimunitive swarm. Immune to weapon damage. Distraction of DC 15 Fort or nauseated.

Finneas's shield is still up.

No new map. Sorry.

Party up.

Round 2
Finneas = 25
Atol = 20
Glimmil = 17
Dyrant = 12
Toffitt = 11
Other = 9
Kuo-toa = 8


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Fort 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Doh! Waste of a 20.

Chris, are they actually flying in the air with those wings, or swarming in the water/along the ground?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 Init 25

Status:

HP = 55/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield

"That's really gross. What are those things?"

Finneas backs away, useless against these creatures.

7,951 to 8,000 of 13,954 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.