Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,851 to 7,900 of 13,777 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>

Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant pokes at the burnt rags, gleeful at St. Cuthbert's aid.

"You see, Aralynn? We will prevail over evil with your blessings."

Dyrant looks around the torture chamber with a mind toward smashing it all, but realizing the time is limited, leads the party to the double doors and casts Detect Magic and looking for traps.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Perception


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3
GM_Chris wrote:
Finneas misses out on his chance to add undead kuo-toa to his list of frog kills as Toffitt and Glimmil make short work of the monster already damaged by Dyrant.

Awww man! I was gonna get me an ear too.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol steps up to Glimmil and casts a cure light wounds of his own, and another couple from the wand.

"Stand still Glimmil, this won't hurt a bit."

Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"We must be fresh and ready for the worst. Who knows what other perils await us down here."

Atol then follows the party to the lower double doors.


Dyrant detects no magic and sees nothing odd about the doors. Opening the doors reveals a cross intersection. The party creeps up and looks each way. To the south are double doors. To the east are a set of alcoves partially closed by red tapestries. A primitive forge and a table with woodworking and leathercrafting tools can be seen in the northernmost alcove. To the west is a room with a stone staircase ascending into an alcove in the northwest corner and an iron portcullis in the south wall. It looks like a net has been woven through the bars of the portcullis, but the net only reaches halfway up the bars. Most of the western half of the room is covered in standing water. The water is murky, so it's hard to tell how deep it gets, but if the floor is mostly level, it shouldn't be more than a foot deep. The walls are covered with frescos of young kuo-toas emerging from eggs and being handed spears by other kuo-toas.

New Map


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas quickly glances at the recorpsified kuo-toan before scanning behind for the devil woman.

Cast Detect Magic on the mummy quick.

"Say, you don't suppose that evil woman is waiting for us to find the dragon before she shows herself? Can anybody see invisible things?"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant spins in place, looking in all different directions.

"Uh, this is interesting. Which way to go?" Dyrant looks at Aralynn.

1d4 ⇒ 2 Direction

"I think we should go this way. I'm certain of it." Dyrant points east. "Alcoves and red tapestries. Definitely."


No magic. No treasure. No clues in the mummy encounter. Just death and disease.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I had a date a T.G.I Friday like that once.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant rolls his eyes at Finn's request.

Aquan:

"See Aralynn? Some strange requests, they ask of us. However, to keep that one happy, I will do as he asks."

Dyrant will remove a scroll of See Invisibility and cast it.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt nods at Dyrant's suggestion and quietly moves towards the alcoves, listening carefully for signs of life.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

"A net woven through the bars? It's almost like they're trying to keep something small out...?" Glimmil muses before admiring the fresco of the smaller frog-men being armed by the bigger frog-men.

This is exactly what Jzadirune is missing... more frescoes of gnomes and Garl doing heroic do-goodery!

Once Toffitt confirms they can proceed, Glimmil will advance forward with lance and shield.


Dyrant sees nothing after casting see invisibility.


The party moves up to the entrance to east area and can see there are a total of five red tapestry covered alcoves. From the entrance, they can see the second one (from the north) has a wooden table covered with mixing bowls, mud-pots, and ceramic jars of paint. Whatever is behind the curtain of the third, fourth, and fifth remain out of sight. The floor of the fourth and fifth room is flooded with the usual foot or more of water.

Dyrant can give me a d20 roll for no reason at all.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

1d20 ⇒ 11

Dyrant is heroic, if that applies.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol keeps up with the others. The curtains make him a little uneasy and he fingers his holy symbol reflexively.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


I'm leaving the party at the entrance for now pending more specific notes of exploration.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt carefully approaches the first curtained alcove, shield wand in hand.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant sends Aralynn to help Dr. Toffitt, fluttering along the ceiling and watching for danger.

I wonder if Dr. Toffitt minds having a literal angel literally watching over him?

Dyrant will follow behind Glim as they move up.


The party moves from alcove to alcove and finds more workshops. The third (middle) one has a pedal-operated grinder and a table covered with chisels, picks, and shard of flint, some crudely fashioned into spearpoints. The fourth has a big loom that covers most of the available floor space in this alcove. A half-completed tapestry on the loom depicts the green and black legs of what is apparently a kuo-toa, and the swirling black tail of something else. Another tapestry is rolled up and leaning in a corner. The final alcove holds a round table with a bag of feathers, wooden shafts of various lengths and thicknesses, and a stitched-together padded mannequin with several crossbow bolts stick out of its head.

The party finds nothing living (or undead or evil) in the rooms.

Dyrant can give me another d20 roll.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol will cast Detect Magic as we look about the alcoves. He pays special attention to the feathers.

"I understand sometimes feathers hold great magics." he says quite matter-of-factly at no one in particular.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant will look forward to Atol's report on his Detect Magic while he searches on his own.

He always has Detect Food running. I wonder if this cancels that out?

1d20 ⇒ 2 Random roll.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt goes to unroll the remaining tapestry, after checking carefully for tripwires, etc.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


No magic either.


The tapestry is an interesting abstract zigzag design in reds and blacks.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt examines the half-completed tapestry, trying to figure out what's going on with the odd image.

Know (Arcane) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Know (Nature) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Perception

Dyrant looks for secret doors, then suggests that the party move to the south doors.

"I don't know that there is much here."


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
Toffitt examines the half-completed tapestry, trying to figure out what's going on with the odd image.

Not much, but Toffitt's not much of an art person.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

He appreciates dancers just fine.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt joins Dyrant near the double doors and listens for signs of life on the other side.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

He whispers to Dyrant, "We've explored everywhere else in the complex. If the dragon is about, it's down here. We'd best have Atol close by to ward us."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Why not have Atol ward us now? The protection lasts for a hour."

Finneas continues to watch to the rear, his suspicion remains that they are being watched by an invisible bow wielding wench.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"If I know my prayers, it would actually only last for ten minutes, shared among all of us."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Well it does last an hour - if I cast it on one person. To protect all of us, the duration narrows to 6 or 7 minutes. We're a large group after all."

Atol tries to do the math in his head and gives up. Yeah, 6 or 7 minutes is about right.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Ah, yes, your angels... SIgh. You know, there are protective cases for angels."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

As the party passes from workshop to alcove, Glimmil takes note of the frog-men's crafts.

"What do you guys think they are doing here? Making some sort of evil frog-artifact? And what's with this --"

Glimmil taps the point of his lance against the swirling black "tail" on the tapestry.

"Maybe it's a half-frog half-dragon? What kinda stuff has tails like that?"


The party hears nothing at the double doors and opens them. This chamber is mostly empty, but attached to the walls are about two deozen motionless kuo-toas. Those on the east wall have shields and weapons, usually spears or rapiers. Some have large slashes in them--wounds that certainly look fatal. Those on the west wall all have grisly holes in their bellies and carry no weapons. A basalt altar with a single carved-stone crustacean claw is built into the south wall.

Aralynn - "There is evil here."

New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Map permissions aren't set up yet.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt activates his wand and puts it in his belt. He then begins creeping into the room.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

"Evil! Let us be on our guard."

Dyrant stops short, but encourages Aralynn to identify the region wherein the aura is coming.


Map fixed


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt climbs the wall into the corner at BN75, ioun torch casting long shadows into the room from behind one of the posts.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol thinks about taking out the pick for Finneas to use on the new alter.

Hrm. Evil. Maybe we should wait. It might not just be the alter.

Atol watches the good Doctor check the room and waits.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Does Toffitt see anything like this?


Round 2 (more or less)

Toffitt climbs into the room via the walls while the rest of the party waits at the entrance.

Aralynn: "There is only one source of evil here and only of moderate power. We can kick its ass--if it's got one."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt moves down the wall twenty feet (BN79). His ioun torch allows his elf blooded eyes to see most of the room.


Round 3 (less or more)

Aralynn - "It's...It's...gone? It was here, but now it's gone."

GM Roll:

1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"It must be hiding. Come, let us destroy this alter as we did the last - that should bring it out of hiding."

Atol walks into the room (to BL76) and digs out the pick from his pack.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant nods in agreement with Atol.

"Good idea, Atol. That is just good common sense." Dyrant looks around the room.

"Glim, why don't you and I watch the corridor together? Finn, you could help Atol?"

Dyrant will position himself in BL71 to stand guard.

Aralynn will be fluttering between Dyrant and Atol, still looking for the evil.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt takes out his bow and knocks an arrow, ready to shoot any evil that appears. Round 4 of Shield?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Glimmil trots forward a few steps on Cog, but pauses when Dyrant suggests he guard the corridor with him.

"Oh... umm, OK."

The gnome still can't get the grisly images out of his mind.

"Did the frog-men do that to themselves? Or rather -- what did that?"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Sure Dyrant."

Finneas moves forward, ignoring the grisly scenes in the room, and assists Atol.

7,851 to 7,900 of 13,777 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.