Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,701 to 7,750 of 13,752 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>

Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
(8 rounds/1round on Will save DC 18) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its AC.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 - save


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
Dueling blade d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 + 1 invisible +2, flank +2, kuo-toa is flatfooted (?), prayer

If 26 is the final number vs flat footed, it's a miss.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Does that include the -2 to AC from Dyrant? Toffitt's ready wouldn't have gone off until after he went.


28 is the magic flat footed number. It's a hit.

69+20-35+20+22=96 damage so far

Glimmil for the kill or will the kuo-toa claim another victim?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Evil eye FTW! Whose life will he claim next? Is he going to kill himself?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I feel like I'm floating.
Male: You are, you're in a big pool of frog poop.
So, I'm dead again?
Fifth: This has happened before?
Female: Second time so far.
Fifth: Do you wish to rest Finneas? You would be welcome in the Halls.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"I'll get this froggy! Hey... why is Finneas laying down?"

Glimmil leaps onto Cog (swift mount)

Swift Mount DC20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Once again comfortable in the saddle, the two ride forward while Glimmil pulls out his hammer and swings.

Move to S,18

Cog attack (bite, power, prayer): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Cog damage (bite, power, prayer): 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16

Glimmil attack (+1 hammer, power, prayer): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power, prayer): 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Plus +1 bless and +2 flank...


Glimmil bashes at the kuo-toa, but can't beat through the armor and magics protecting it. Finneas lies motionless in the water as the kuo-toa's spear pierces Glimmil's armor and adds Glimmil's blood to the swirling pool of red.

1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 19 + 4 = 27 vs Glimmil
1d10 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 8 = 19
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30 vs Glimmil
1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Party up for Round 9


New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 9, Init 11+

Glim missed another +3 in his last attack, I think.

Toffitt stands his ground and attempts to locate the creature's spinal cord through chink in its armor.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, shield, expeditious retreat, invisibility, rage +4 Dex (not figured), prayer (not figured)

Init +7 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12
AC 29 (17 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +9 CMD 24
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +15 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 2 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 5hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas) USED
- Shield ACTIVE
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat ACTIVE
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility USED
- open slot
Wand of Shield 33 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 1 of 10 min. used (5)

Dueling blade 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 29
1d8 + 4 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + (4, 6, 5) = 23


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 9, Initiative 24, Location S20->S19

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (9 of 60), Daylight (7 of 500), Prayer (2 of 6)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Resist Energy - communal

Everybody remember bless +1 to hit and prayer +1/+1 to hit/damage and -1/-1 for our opponent.
Also the Daylight if it harms the Kuo-Toa at all.

Seeing Glimmil taking the same abuse Finneas took, Atol steps up and casts Cure Serious Wounds for 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 5, 2) + 6 = 21 on Glimmil. He converted an Invisibility Purge for the spell.

"Hang in there and do not falter. We have your back!"


Steel grinds against mithral as Toffitt forces his sword through the armor and into the kuo-toa's back. It blinks once before falling down on top of Finneas; its huge eyes staring up at the ceiling.

Out of combat. Now 6 minutes since entering the statue room.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

*gurgle*

*glub*


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant grins as the evil Kuotoa falls and begins to bark orders.

"Atol, pick up that pick. I'll embiggen you and you can finish off Finn's work on the altar! Let his sacrifice not be in vain." Dyrant turns to the Doctor and Glim. "Doctor, if you would be as so kind to work with Glim at prepping Finn's body for travel?"

Dyrant is clearly annoyed at Finn's death.

We did what we could. Almost everything.

Dyrant will cast embiggen on Atol, then go search the Kuotoa and duergar for loot.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Atol gets 40 posts of eulogy and I get wrapped in a soggy blanket and strapped to the back of a horse? I feel cheated. :P


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

LOL at Finneaas.

Atol touches Finneas' dead form for a moment before picking up the pick and moving to the alter.

If only I had Breath of Life he would have lived. I must remain focused!

Atol heaves the pick into the alter blinking away the tears of shame and failure. He tries to be as strong as Finneas, but even in his enlarged state he barely makes a dent in the marble. Still, he presses on.


Atol barely scratches the statue, but Glimmil joins in. After a few minutes they are able to cause enough damage that the top half of the statue falls over. When the dust settles and there is silence, nothing comes running out of any of the doors.

Meanwhile, Dyrant and Toffitt search the room and strip down the kuo-toa of his armor. It took him four minutes to get on, but it comes off much more quickly. It is +1 mithral full plate. The weapon was not magical. He has a holy symbol of Blibdoolpoolp.

Each of the side chambers has shelves that cover the walls. Most are empty, but a few hold moldy scrolls or rotting books. In each chamber, a lidded clay pot some four feet tall sits in the northern corner.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3
Atol Lem wrote:


Everybody remember bless +1 to hit and prayer +1/+1 to hit/damage and -1/-1 for our opponent.

[ooc]Forgetting that right there is why I'm dead. AoO would've hit, last hit would've killed him first. *sigh*


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

-12HP total with Atol's Cure Moderate.

With the frog-man down in the water, Glimmil leans down and tries to help Finneas stand up again. At first, he looks a little annoyed as he comments to the half-orc, "you know you can make this easier Finneas by trying to use your legs--"

As he catches the sad looks on the other's faces, reality settles in (albeit briefly) as Glimmil realizes just why Finneas isn't making the job any easier.

"We can just take him to the church again, right? He'll be standing up again in no time, right? Right Atol? Right Dyrant? Right?"

We can just keep bringing him back... nothing can stop the Cauldron Five... *weakly* nothing...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt ignores Dyrant's barking as he works to fish Finneas from the water. Seeing his organs spilling out from the spear-thrust-turned-long-gash, he takes care to make sure no pieces are left behind. Just blood. Too much of it.

He assembles Finneas body on dry ground and looks out into the open space of the temple. "We'll need to keep our eyes out for the erinyes and others. Dyrant, perhaps the archon would be willing to set up a perimeter and guard?"

Turning his attention back to Finneas, he mutters, "You keep dying. Is it too much to ask you to come back again? If only you could tell me. Well, thanks for saving our lives so many times, even if it was by taking the blow yourself. I'm sure Kord is eager to have you in his hall, whether or not you come back to us here."

Mindful of time passing, Toffitt puts Finneas' organs back in his abdomen and wraps bandages around to keep them in. He strips off Finneas armor and equipment and places it in his haversack. "If you don't mind, I'll put his ring on my finger. Glimmil, perhaps you'd like to wear his cloak."

Finally, Toffitt uses his boro bead to restore his extract of expeditious retreat.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (9 of 60), Daylight (7 of 500), Prayer (2 of 6)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Perl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Resist Energy - communal

Mindful of Glimmils' injuries, Atol first touches him with the power of St. Cuthberts healing, then uses the wand three (!) times to finish the job. He then uses his prayer beads (pearls of power) to refresh his bless spells.

Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Sigh. Clearly St. Cuthbert is looking away from me for my failures.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

While Toffitt is trying to pry the ring off of Finneas' thick knuckles, he catches something. In the wrist. Wait, is that a pulse?!

"Wait, is that a pulse? Finneas?!"

Toffitt immediately begins pounding on the big lug's chest, finding a particular point that reignites the heart's fire.

5 hp healing

"Atol, get over here! He may still be alive!"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

As per the discussion in OOC - yay!

Atol joyously stumbles in the direction of Finneas and, fearing he'll not make it in time, channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) = 13 worth of healing (avoiding the Kuo-Toa) just in case.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Dad? Dad get off my chest.
Male: I'm taking matters into my own hands.
What?
Female: What are you doing?
Fifth: What are you doing?
Male: Hold my ale and watch this.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant looks with surprise as Finneas slowly climbs to his feet.

Ah...the famous half-orc ferocity!

"Down again, huh, Finn? Just like the drinking contest," Dyrant jokes weakly, just happy to have him back.

"Well, the altar is destroyed, we've looted the body of the evil priest," Dyrant takes a moment to take the pick to the (un)holy symbol of Blibdoolpoolp. "Luckily, the Erinyes did not strike while we were engaged with that...it might have been bad."

Dyrant looks around at the exits.

"I suppose we get more fully healed then move along. We still have much of St. Cuthbert's work to do."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

hp 5/61+GM Blessings

Finneas crawls to his feet and casts about for his sword.

"What happened? I'm alive?"

Fifth: Kord has spoken.
Female: See, you weren't needed after all. Hello?

Finneas quickly cuts the head off the fallen kuo-toan.

"We should watch for that erinyes. Good work on the statue Atol."

CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 8) + 4 = 19
CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 2) + 4 = 14

38/61

We'll need to toughen up.
Female: Oh no.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol walks the rest of the way to Finneas with his wand and his healing touch.

Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Withdrawing his wand he says, "There my friend. All well again. You gave us quite a shock - you should be more careful. As will I - I'll work harder at not getting separated again."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Easy, friend. If you weren't dead, you might as well have been. By the way, your intestines and stomach look to be quite healthy, other than perhaps a slice or two, which I'm sure Kord and Cuthbert are already stitching back together."

Toffitt breaths deeply. "So what next? Wait for the devil to show her face, or go hunting for dragons. Oh, by the way, there's nice mithril armor here Finneas if you want to change into it..."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

GM Chris, were are exits now? Latest map is lacking female egrets.

Dyrant looks around for how the Duergar and PriestFrog got in the water room.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Thank you Doctor Toffitt, but I don't think that armor will fit me in it's present state. You have a marvelous bag there, perhaps we could take it to town and have it fitted? Or Glimmil might like it, it's very bright and it would look quite stunning on him."

"The healing is most appreciated Brother Lem, and as Mister Maynor says we'll need to prepare for the next assault, dragon or erinyes. Do any of you have a spell to protect us from her blighted blasts?"

Finneas stands tall as his wounds close.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:

GM Chris, were are exits now? Latest map is lacking female egrets.

Dyrant looks around for how the Duergar and PriestFrog got in the water room.

No exits from these rooms. The priest was obviously living here. No sign of the Erinyes. Potential routes of exploration include the lower lever double doors (never opened) and the upper level double doors (led to throne room, but other door unexplored). Anyone opening the jars.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Finneas, are you okay? You seem to be speaking in longer, more complete sentences than usual. Might I examine your head?"

Toffitt sniffs at the water in the priest's chambers. So this was his tank? I hope he cleaned it often. He examines himself for kuo-toa leavings...

"Why don't we explore above first? Once I've examined Finneas' head."

Heal check to determine concussion; it would take a few visits to examine him for multiple personalities disorder. 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

"Well, you don't seem to be concussed. Perhaps possessed...?"

Sense motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"I think that's rather more likely. Yes. But you can still speak common, so we can at least rule out evil kuo-toa priests."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Jars??


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant casts Detect Magic and takes a looksee at the clay pot in the corner.

"Glim, when you have a moment, would you de-trap this pot? I'm almost sure it is not to be trusted. Maybe open it too?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Let me know if you need an alchemist's nose over there."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"I am neither concussed nor possessed Doctor, you needn't worry yourself overmuch. I am ready to continue our journey, though I suspect Sir Glimmil will need to spoon that jar before we proceed."

Finneas stands guard at the door, greatsword sheathed and bow at the ready.


Beginning in the west room, everyone stares at the pots, but only Toffitt is able to see a miniscule rune between the lip on the pot and the lid. Atol pats Glimmil on the back with a guidance and everyone backs away as Glimmil pulls out his spoons. Glimmil chooses the thinnest spoon he has--more of a spatula than a spoon--and tries to scratch away the rune. Unfortunately, the spoon is not thin enough and the lid moves ever so slightly as he works. Glimmil tries to cover his ears, but it's no use as the entire room booms as if Glimmil were inside a church tower after a wedding.

The pot is knocked over in the process. Gold, silver, an embroidered mantle, and ebony chess pieces spill out onto the floor.

1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 = 18 - disable device
8d8 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 1, 3, 2, 7, 2) = 27 sonic damage, DC 19 REF save for half.

1200 sp, 200 gp, non-magical embroidered mantle, non-magical ebony chess pieces.

Would you like to move onto the east room?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt moves to the east room, watching carefully for runes and tripwires and such. He keeps one eye on "Sir Glenn," half expecting him to go berzerk...


After a couple minutes Toffitt finds the same rune on the other clay pot.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt points out the rune and quietly backs out of the room... He spends a minute creating a new extract of alchemical allocation.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Sir Glimmil, stand back and I will shoot the jar. It seems simple enough to disarm without injury and there is no sense risking the parts of you Skie enjoys the most."


The party backs out of the room as Finneas stands at the corner and shoots the jar.

8d8 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 1, 5, 7, 4, 1) = 33 Sonic damage. REF save DC 19 for half. Add +4 for the cover I'm sure you used.


This jar contains 500 gp, a non-magical malachite-handled mirror, a non-magical pearl necklace, and a non-magical garnet ring.

That's it for this area. Top level double doors, bottom level double doors, cell area steps down, or go home before the Erinyes kicks your butt?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Erinyes comeuppance!


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I was hoping to be too far way to be affected, damned physics. It's ok, I can use it to get rid of "smart" Finneas.
Ref DC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

44/61 hp

"Clearly I failed to account for....ungh. No more!"

Male: Dammit boy!
Fifth: I think that will be quite enough of that.
Female: I agree.


If you had said "tie a rope around it and pull it over from around the corner, etc," I was going to let you get away with it. However, "shooting it" implied line of sight and being hit by the blast considering the cramped quarters.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol will gather the wounded and channel once to heal both Glimmil and Finneas. Then he will resort to the wand for any needed follow up healing on each.

So, Atol channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) = 11 worth of healing.

Finneas: Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Glimmil: Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

When I know how much more Glimmil needs I'll use more charges...


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3
GM_Chris wrote:
If you had said "tie a rope around it and pull it over from around the corner, etc," I was going to let you get away with it. However, "shooting it" implied line of sight and being hit by the blast considering the cramped quarters.

No argument, I failed to understand the placement of the urns and door, besides "smart" Finneas isn't that smart anyway.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

"Finn...maybe you should step---"

A wet slapping sound echoes through the all after the sonic explosion, as Dyrant facepalms as Finneas decides to shoot the pot from point blank range.

*sigh*

"Well, that was good. Let's move on."

7,701 to 7,750 of 13,752 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.