Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,601 to 7,650 of 13,334 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

But Finneas, Toffitt always makes sure to make them taste like bubble gum!


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Uh huh.


Toffitt grabs the front door and, as the hairs on his arm stand straight up, he remembers a bit too late what happened to Glimmil.

8d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 7, 6, 3, 4, 5, 2) = 35 - Sonic damage DC 19 REF for half


After dusting off Toffitt and healing his wounds, the party proceeds to the next double doors and opens them. The room is empty of anyone (including the erinyes), but someone has cleaned up more than the bodies. There are no broken bits of armor and weapons and the blood has been cleaned from the balconies and walls.

Options include:
- doors on opposite wall on each side of statue
- doors on ground level
- doors across drawbridges on top level that lead to where Zenith was


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

What? They cleaned off the blood from the temple to the evil goddess, BiddyDooDeeDaDoo? This place is beginning to freak me out.

"I say we smash the idol, the altar, and everything in this room...we desecrate it in ways that will make them sad: with flowers, sunshine, and happiness. And images of St. Cuthbert. Let's take a pick to that idol."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Ref 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 – fewer wand charges...

"That can wait, Dyrant. We must first eliminate the threats. But perhaps not in this room. It still has a rather unpleasant feel about it."

I've forgotten where the ground level doors are. I seem to recall one to the left...?

Toffitt walks over to a door at ground level and examines it for triggering mechanisms.

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"I remember reading a story about a heroic gnome... not me, at least not yet... who did something to an evil idol and was cursed with hairy feet like a halfling."

Glimmil glances at his feet, and the feet of other members of the Cauldron Five.

I wonder how hairy Finn's feet are.

"We might want to be careful if we're taking picks to evil idols. Besides, taking a pick to something sounds like something a dwarf would do to his orcish enemies."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds
Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
"We must first eliminate the threats."

Dyrant resists the urge to facepalm, evincing the new, nice Dyrant yet again.

"You mean the idol that oozes the profane energies of the Dark Goddess? You mean the idol that summons and controls the Deviltress? You mean the idol that ties this fortress to her unholy plane? That's not a threat?" Dyrant counters nicely.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"Hrm. How about eliminating two birds with one sling bullet, then? Finneas can start hammering at the statue while we prepare to kill the devil."


Old map that shows the three levels

The door looks safe to Toffitt.

I figure it's been 30 seconds since the party entered the statue room.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

"I can start that. Did we bring a sledgehammer? I don't think I can punch it to pieces and I'd hate to use my sword on it. Or my morningstar, that probably wouldn't hold up too well."

Finneas eyes the giant statue dubiously.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"I don't think my light hammer will help. Maybe Dyrant brought a pick in his haversack. Atol, let's stay close together so you can take us on a walk." Toffitt keeps his blessed oil at the ready, listening for wings and the voice of snide devils.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"I brought a pick."

Atol hands the pick to Finneas and smiles broadly at the thought of that alter being destroyed.

He murmurs prayers at each stroke, his prayers getting louder and louder as the alter is chipped away and his excitement builds.

I've never been part of a desecration before!


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant will embiggen Finneas as he works on the idol, casting the spellprayer from a scroll.


Finneas goes to work destroying the statue. He chips away at it as his blows ring loudly in the chamber. The party watches his back and waits for the arrival of the erinyes or worse.

No stats for the statue. Obsidian has half the hardnes of metal in the weapons section so I'm going to count it as magical wood from the buildings section, which puts it back to the equivalent of iron or steel.

Where is everyone during the idol destruction? Ground level? Middle level? Where would you be, let's say, about five minutes into the destruction?

Finally, what is Finneas's average damage with the pick?


Finneas gets to work destroying the idol. His blows ring loudly in the empty chamber as the party watches his back.

Where is everyone during this, oh say, about five minutes into the destruction?

What is Finneas's average damage per round to the statue?


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

How much idol could a half-orc pick if a half-orc could pick idol. Let's see, Enlarged with a Heavy Pick and Power Attacking I'd say 14 to 21 damage a round, or about 17.5.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

I assume that Atol, Toffitt and Glimmil are clustered around Finneas, with Atol ready to cast air walk. Atol confirms.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atols prayers get more fervent as the destruction continues and he gets quite caught up in the process. He will have the scroll of Air Walk in his off-hand, but he'll occasionally hit the alter with his cudgel in solidarity with Finneas.

No real damage done I suspect, but Atol feels good about it.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt stands next to Atol, watching carefully for signs of kuo-toa, erinyes or dragon.

Perception is at +13. Initiative is at +7.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant will ask Aralynn to watch the doors on the right side, in the air and stealthed, while Dyrant will be on the stairs at P23, trying to maintain some cover.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Stealth for Harbinger (Z19, listening at door)

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Perception (harbinger, at door)

Dyrant will use cast Embiggen from memory on Finneas (7 minutes from the time the first one goes down).

Dyrant will Pearl 1 the spellprayer back.

Dyrant will ensure that the Blessing of St. Cuthbert still protects Cog.


Glimmil will likely ride around on Cog, checking every entrance into the room, nervously watching as Finneas performs his work. You can roll a random dice if you want to determine wherever Glimmil is when "something happens", if something is about to happen, or DM fiat is fine.


Finneas chips away for several minutes at the statue creating a sizable gash in its side. He figures he could do enough damage to make it split in half if he only had a couple more minutes.

The party waits anxiously for Finneas to finish, but one of the doors behind the statue opens. A kuo-toa dressed in mithral full plate and holding a staff with a pincer like those on the statue. An unarmed and unarmored duergar stands behind the kuo-toa. The kuo-toa screams at the party.

Kuo-toa:
DIE!!!

Initiative
Atol1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dyrant 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Kuo-toa 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

New Map

ROUND 1
Finneas = 27
Atol = 24
Toffitt = 17
Glimmil = 16
Dyrant = 12
Kuo-toa = 2


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 1, Init 19 {>S19}

Undercommon:
"You're not the erinyes. Where's the erinyes? You really should run away now while we de-desecrate your temple."

A bit huffily, Toffitt takes out and drinks his elixir of shield and advances on the kuo-toa — drawing his blade as he goes.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, shield

Init +7 Perception +14 Sense Motive +13
AC 27 (15 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +7 CMD 22
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 0hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility
- open slot
Wand of Shield 33 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 0 of 10 min. used


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 1 Init 27

Status:

HP = 75/75
AC = 22/9/22
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 7/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Enlarged, Shield

Leaving his pick in the statue Finneas draws his greatsword and moves towards the kuo-toan angrily.

Move, Draw, Rage, Swing.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 303d6 + 17 ⇒ (5, 1, 5) + 17 = 28
Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 223d6 + 17 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) + 17 = 30


Finneas hits the kuo-toa with the same blow that fell so many other before, but it continues to stand there. Hit, but not crit

New Map

ROUND 1 so far
Finneas = 27 - move, hit for 28
Atol = 24
Toffitt = 17 - drink, move & draw
Glimmil = 16
Dyrant = 12
Kuo-toa = 2


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 24, Location U21

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (1 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

...presuming the Bless has worn off

Atol watches Finneas' blow sink deeply into the new opponent, but not deeply enough.

I imagine they are quite displeased with us right now.

Atol casts Bless again.

"May St. Cuthbert guide your swings and bring swift retribution to our enemies."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 1, Init 12

Dyrant reacts slowly to the doors opening but is rewarded by Finneas' sickening crunch against the jerkatoa.

"Aralynn, protect the big one...he has a tendency to fall...often!"

The Archon will fly above Finn and hit him with Protection from Evil.

Dyrant will beg for Aralynn's wings again, knowing that mobility is key to spreading St. Cuthberts blessings around the battlefield.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Know (local) on the ugly dwarf

Do they detect as evil?


Aralynn: "Yes, there is evil here. Give me a few seconds to figure out where it's at though."

Reminder, non-outsider/non-undead/non-cleric/non-paladin creatures will detect as evil only if they are 5+ HD and they can only be pinpointed after the 3rd round.


I'm assuming Glimmil & Cog will ride up to the corner and try to get a hit in. Barring some crazy crit action, the kuo-toa will survive.

The kuo-toa withdraws back into the water to V-15. The duegar steps out of the water onto the ledge at R-17.

Round 2
Everyone up. Glimmil still with a Round 1 action too.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 2, Init 19 {>Q16}

Toffitt attempts to tumble past the duergar onto the ledge. If he is unable to get through, he instead readies an action to attack the duergar if it does anything but surrender.

Undercommon:
"This really isn't your fight. If you surrender now, we'll be happy to let you go."

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, shield

Init +7 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12
AC 27 (15 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +7 CMD 22
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 0hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
- Invisibility
- open slot
Wand of Shield 33 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 0 of 10 min. used

Knowledge (Local) on Duergar 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Acrobatics 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 v. CMD+5

Dueling blade 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Yeesh, I only worked until 4am last night!

Round 1

Glimmil and Cog ride forward, lining up a vicious charge at whichever do-badder remains brazen enough to stand in their path.

To S,20?

Glimmil rushes forward hoping to land a mighty blow in repayment for whatever nasty insult the frog-man made about Dyrant.

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Glimmil attack (+1 hammer, power): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Round 2

Frowning as the frog-man withdraws, Glimmil turns his attention to the dwarf and works to coordinate his strikes with Cog once again.

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Glimmil attack (+1 hammer, power): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hammer, power): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Glimmil damage #2 (+1 hammer, power): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Glimmil attack #2 crit (+1 hammer, power): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Glimmil damage #2 crit (+1 hammer, power): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 72/72
AC: 24

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 0/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1
Active Spells: None

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 27


I figure Glimmil is in T-19 since Finneas and Toffitt beat him to closer squares.

Toffitt rushes into the waist high water and easily tumbles past the duegar. A point made moot moments later when Glimmil crushes the creatures skull.

Where exactly is Glimmil at the end of round 2? S-17?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

S,17 works.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 24, Location U21

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (2 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

As the combat seems to be going well, Atol refrains from using any larger spells, and instead reaches out and touches Finneas with the strength of St. Cuthbert* for the next round.

"It may seem like just one more stream in a mighty river, but allow St. Cuthbert to strengthen your arm!"

Atol remains where he is, but does take the time for a quick look around the room, ever wary of flying archers from hell.

*Strength Surge(sp): +3 to any strength related task for the next round (attack, damage, CMB/D, etc.)


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 2 Init 27

Status:

HP = 75/75
AC = 22/9/22
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 6/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Enlarged, Shield, Raging

Finneas will wait for the Doctor to tumble past before moving to attack. Seeing Glimmil attack the dwarf he squeezes past and attacks the frog.

Not sure how you want to rule it GM Chris, I was going to wait for Toffitt so I can either swing at the dwarf or the frog.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged Strength Surge: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 163d6 + 17 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) + 17 = 30

Not that it'll matter. Famine or feast I tell ya.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 2, Init 12

Dyrant looks to Aralynn to continue her identification of any evil targets in the unholy temple to the dark goddess in the Underdark, manned by both kuotoa and duergar.

"Finn, keep smashing the idol if you can!"

Dyrant will hide on the stairs, awaiting the end of the idol.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 Stealth

Aralynn will fly a bit higher to better detect evil.

Yelling, hiding, detecting evil for the turn.


ROUND 2
Atol = 24 - Strength surge
Toffitt = 17 - tumble past duergar
Glimmil = 16 - kill duergar
Finneas = 15 - move in and miss
Dyrant = 12 - yell & hide (not yelling might help the hiding)
Kuo-toa = 2 -

Aralynn: "There is just one aura of evil here at the moment."


The kuo-toa takes a 5' swim back and stabs Finneas in the throat with his pincer staff (34 damage). Finneas manages to avoid the other two blows though.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39 hit
1d10 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 damage
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 confirm crit
1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 damage
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 miss
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 miss

Party is up.

New map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round3, Init 17

Lvl 11? Wow.

Toffitt drinks his extract of expeditious retreat and moves into the water. He moves out into the water, but then crawls 5' up at V17, out of the water.

Undercommon:

"What is your name, soldier? Have you taken command here?"

"Atol, Dyrant, this tin can is a formidable foe. I suggest you come in here, onto one of the ledges beside the water."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 3, Init 12

Dyrant will fly to above G/C in S17.

"Finneas, please finish this one...quit screwing around."

Dyrant will give the KuoToa a stare...full of menace and backed by St. Cuthbert's will.

(8 rounds/1round on Will save DC 18) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its attacks.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 3 Init 15

Status:

HP = 41/75
AC = 22/9/22
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 5/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Enlarged, Shield, Raging

Finneas, gargling blood from his cut throat, continues to swing at the kuo-toan with great anger.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 293d6 + 17 ⇒ (6, 6, 2) + 17 = 31


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 24, Location U21->S18

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Bless (3 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Healing Touch: none
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Resist Energy - communal

Atol moves up to Finneas and touches his broad back with a Cure Moderate Wounds for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 6 = 17 (converted from a Lesser Restoration).

"Good luck Finneas! Try not to get hit so much!"

He really does take the damage when he's big like that.


Finneas lands another blow, but the kuo-toa remains standing.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

If the water's not too deep, Glim and Cog ride down the shiny frog.

Splashing through the water, Glim and Cog approach the other remaining frog-knight and attempt to talk some sense into him.

I'm sure I can talk frog-speak now with my newfound language skills... I'll ask him to surrender.

Kuo Toan:

"Running Now! ??? from ??? Hungry Peacock!!"

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Glimmil attack (+1 hammer, power): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hammer, power): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Glimmil damage #2 (+1 hammer, power): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 72/72
AC: 24

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 0/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1
Active Spells: None

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 27


1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 Will save vs Dyrant. I think he made it.


The party is not cooperating with the book's tactics.


Glimmil hits (Feast or famine for the party) and the kuo-toa casts darkness and then moves up next to Atol, beneath Dyrant.

Not sure what the party is doing for light, but presuming a light spell. The kuo-toa will still provoke from Finneas. I'm open to an argument about Glimmil & Cog, possibly in dimi light with a 20% miss chance. The kuo-toa can't be tripped as he is swimming.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 Concentration check.

New Map

Party up for Round 4.
ROUND 2
Atol = 24 -
Toffitt = 17 -
Glimmil = 16 -
Finneas = 15 -
Dyrant = 12 -
Kuo-toa = 2 -


69 damage so far to kuo-toa. Two hits by Finneas and one by Glimmil.


Darkness is on kuo-toa, so it went with him.

7,601 to 7,650 of 13,334 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.