Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,401 to 7,450 of 13,581 << first < prev | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | next > last >>

Okay. Totally messed this up. New map uploaded. With the erinyes seeing this view, she'd get Toffit, Glimmil, Cog, & Dyrant.

New Map


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
That's 43 damage total on the monk, right?

Yes. Still croaking.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt heals a bit of the damage on his turn. Obviously, he would have stepped up to attack the ferryfrog.

"Ugh. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat frog legs again."

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, darkvision, shield, expeditious retreat, sickened

Init +7 Perception +12 Sense Motive +11
AC 27 (15 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
HP 28/49 (49 - 26 + 5)
Fort +10 Reflex +11 Will +5 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped SHIELD
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 10hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Shield
- Expeditious retreat ACTIVE
2 Darkvision ACTIVE
– Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
- Invisibility
Wand of Shield 33 charges [held by Zenith]
Slippers of spider climbing 1 of 10 min. used, round 1


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 6 Init 25

Status:

HP = 68/54
AC = 20/11/19 (+2 vs Evil)
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 3/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Protection from Evil, Enlarged, Raging

Finneas swings at the only frog not stunned by Atol's blast.

"Kord!"

5' and swing @K4

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 293d6 + 17 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 17 = 32
Ref Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Atol! Get to da Docta!"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 6, Init 26

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 27 Will Save Dyrant (heroism, Prot Evil)
1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14 Will Save Archon (base, wisdom)

Dyrant roils against blight as it catches him and the Archon.

"Tis nothing, Archon...shake it off. Archon!? ARCHON!?!"

The Archon lays inert on the ground. -12 hp vs. 11 Con...Sarcem, I hardly knew ye.

"That murderous b*#&#!" Dyrant yells.

Dyrant crumples the scroll in his hand as he stuffs it back in his 'sack and draws a different scroll. (move, move)

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 13+4=17
HP: 21/42
Weapon Equipped = none
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Dyrant
Favor of St. Cuthbert = Glim
Fly: 2 of 7 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 5 of 10 rounds used
Effects: Heroism, Prot Evil (about 1 min left?)

Wand of Cure Serious Wounds (2 charges)
Wand of Mage Armor (36/50 charges)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Scroll of Cure Moderate Wounds

Archon:
AC: 20 (+2 dex, +5 natural, +2 size, +1 dodge)
HP: 14/21
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +7 (currently +2 w/Heroism); +4 more vs. poison
Fly 50'

DR 5/evil
Immune Electricity/Petrification
Darkvision 60'
Percept +7

Constant: Detect Evil
At Will: Dancing Lights

3/day: Cure Light Wounds (1/3 left)
3/day: Protection from Evil (1/3 left)

1/week: Commune @ lvl 12


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 6, Initiative 14, Location U40->V44

Status:
HP: 37/37
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = invisibility purge (20 of 60), obscuring mist (6 of 60), bless (4 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 4/7
Healing Touch: Atol
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration
3) Daylight

Atol steps over the frog Finneas just killed and walks toward the Doctor before he channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) = 9 worth of healing. He excludes the ferryman, and the Dwarf on his back so the last remaining, stunned Kuo-Toa does get healed.

"By the power of St. Cuthbert we could all use a little healing! Now Glimmil - finish her!"

...

"Archon! ARCHON!"

If I'd have stuck with priest, I'd be that much closer to Breath of Life...


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil Fort vs DC19: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29
Cog Fort vs DC19: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

-13 damage to Glimmil. -26 to Cog and sickened.

Glimmil leaps off Cog, hoping to get an unmolested shot at the erinyes while the doctor continues to distract the ferry-frog with Cog's assistance.

Ride for Swift Dismount DC20 to V,45: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25

Cog continues to snap furiously at the ferry-frog, despite the heaving and wheezing inflicted by the unholy miasma.

Cog attack (bite, power, sickened): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 2 = 12

Finally, Glimmil squints in concentration as he aims one of the furthest sling bullets in his career as a heroic do-derrer.

"Don't worry boy! I'll stop that bad woman! I'll stop her good!" he promises.

Note: Including -2 to hit for the range increment below.

Glimmil smiting-sling-o-doom: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 2 = 31 for 1d3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 12 = 20

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 41/72 (-13-6+9)
AC: 24 (27 with Smite vs Erinyes)

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X] Divine Favor [X]
Smite Left: 0/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 0/1
Active Spells: Divine Favor

Cog Status:
HP 16/42 (-26+9)
AC 25 (Ward gone with Blight)


Atol Lem wrote:
He excludes the Dwarf on his back

But why? It's not like he'd get up and choke you to death.


Round 6 recap
Toffitt 27 - hits
Dyrant 26 - stores scroll, grabs scroll
Archon - moved onto his next incarnation
Finneas = 25 - makes more mincefrog
Glimmil = 18 - hits again even with the -4 cover (having a good day)
Glimmil still owes a Fort save from the stunning fist.
Cog - misses (not having a good day)
Atol = 14 - channels
Erinyes = 10 (77 damage) assuming Glimmil rolls above a 2 on his fort save
K1 - (Dead)
K2 - (14 damage healed to 5)
K3 - (dead)
K4 - (dead,dead)
FerryFrog


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Ah, sorry I missed the saving throw for the stunning fist. Maybe I subconsciously knew that with heroism, it was nearly impossible for Glimmil to fail it (his Fort is currently +16).

Glimmil vs Stunning Fist (Fort DC17): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 = 17

Oh dear... go go house rule that 1's aren't always failures!


Glimmil wrote:
Oh dear... go go house rule that 1's aren't always failures!

LOL. Not.

So what does Cog do with a stunned Glimmil on his back who had dropped his sling?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 7 Init 25

Status:

HP = 68/54
AC = 20/11/19 (+2 vs Evil)
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 2/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Protection from Evil, Enlarged, Raging

Finneas, oblivious to the events outside continues to make minced frog with ngo om and lemongrass.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 243d6 + 17 ⇒ (3, 1, 5) + 17 = 26
Ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

If this drops the frog he will move up 25'.


Hold off on Round 7 actions. Bad guys still need to go in Round 6. I'm waiting to see what Cog does, if anything, with a stunned Glimmil.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Okies


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Cog is not carrying Glimmil at the moment...

Glimmil leaps off Cog, hoping to get an unmolested shot at the erinyes while the doctor continues to distract the ferry-frog with Cog's assistance.


Atol Lem wrote:

Cog is not carrying Glimmil at the moment...

Glimmil leaps off Cog, hoping to get an unmolested shot at the erinyes while the doctor continues to distract the ferry-frog with Cog's assistance.

He wasn't able to do that. He was stunned at end of Round 5 by the ferryfrog.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Doh!


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

As a paladin's mount, he's "at least Intelligence 6" according to the rules, so he's quite the clever canine. He would undoubtedly take directions from almost anyone else, but I figure barring that he would pick up Glim's sling, then repeat the last maneuver and continue to back away from the ferry frog.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Sounds like he'd need to bite, then pick up sling, then 5 step?


I think we're ready to move forward. Cog will pass on the provoking action of picking up the sling. Erinyes damage is back to 57 without the most recent hit for 20 by Glimmil.

Stunned by the punch to the nose, Glimmil dreams of an 80' sling shot that hits the Erinyes in the nose. Unfortunately, it's just a dream.

Cog bites and misses and takes his stunned rider 5' back from Glimmil.

The erinyes pauses in her flight as the annoying gnome doesn't send another bullet her way. She smirks as the gnome stares off into space with his bloody nose, the dropped sling on the floor.

She blights the party again (catching Atol, Glimmil, Cog, Toffitt & Dyrant)

5d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 7, 4, 7) = 29 - DC 19 WILL save for 1/2 and not sickened.

The ferryfrog closes on Glimmil hoping to finish him off. However, Cog keeps Glimmil bouncing around enough that the ferryfrog only punches Glimmil's armor.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Stunning fist vs. AC 22 (-2 stunned, -1 AC from lost DEX)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

His rapier on the ground, the last kuo-toa tries to tumble away from Finneas while drawing a dagger to stab Atol and is slaughtered in the process (using Finneas's "Round 7" post above).
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 acrobatics

Party up for Round 7
Finneas still has an action since I used his post for the AoO.

New map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

This is about to look very similar, except for Cog who drops to -10

Glimmil Fort vs DC19: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
Cog Fort vs DC19: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

-13 damage to Glimmil. -26 to Cog and sickened (if it mattered).

Glimmil leaps off Cog as his canine companions drops to the ground.

Ride for Swift Dismount DC20 to V,44 as Cog drops: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22

Looks like Glim does have another Smite left, so he will use a swift action to activate it against the ferry-frog as well.

Seeing his sling on the ground next to Cog and the ferry-frog, Glimmil begins to panic.

I have to stop her... I have to stop her from that unholy blast that is going to kill Cog forever if she does it again. Stupid ferry-frog in the way!

Glimmil finds his hammer in his hand again (move action) and considers throwing it at the erinyes.

Too far... even if I run as fast I can past the ferry-frog. Not enough time for the sling... what do I do?

"Leave us alone, frog!" he shouts, as he swings the hammer in a blind rage at the ferry-frog, hoping to get a chance to grab his sling again. (only adding +6 from smite for him)

Glimmil smiting-hammer-o-doom: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 38 for 1d3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 6 = 13

Glimmil smiting-hammer-o-doom crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 27 for 2d3 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 12 = 26

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 39/72 (-13+11)
AC: 24 (27 with Smite vs Erinyes, 27 vs Ferry-Frog)

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X] Divine Favor [X]
Smite Left: 0/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 0/1
Active Spells: Divine Favor

Cog Status:
HP -10/42 (-26+9)
AC 25 (Ward gone with Blight)


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

You may still get to sling her Glim, let's see what Toffitt and I can do to the ferry frog first.
Round 7 Init 25

Status:

HP = 68/54
AC = 18/9/17 (+2 vs Evil)
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 2/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Protection from Evil, Enlarged, Raging

Having cut down the last frog Finneas charges into action with the ferry frog.

Charge to ferry frog. Looks like I can get 10' away without blocking Glimmil from getting to him if Toffitt and I don't drop him.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged Charging: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 333d6 + 17 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 17 = 23
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 333d6 + 17 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) + 17 = 26

Not a good day to be a ferry frog.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 7, Init 27

Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Toffitt nearly crumples, but remains standing, his alchemically and lycanthropically enhanced life force struggling against the devil's dark magics (+5 hp).

"Atol, we need more healing and then you need to get under cover!"

Seeing Finneas getting ready to approach, and Glimmil starting to shake off his blow, Toffitt delays for a moment. Once Atol has acted, he moves to AB54 and readies an action to shoot the erinyes if (when) she attacks/casts. Bestial fury surges through him (Dex +2, Con +2)

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, darkvision, shield, sickened

Init +7 Perception +12 Sense Motive +11
AC 28 (16 touch; 23 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
HP 13 + 8 rage/49 (28 + 9 - 29 + 5hp)
Fort +10 Reflex +11 Will +5 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped SHIELD
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 60 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 1 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 15hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Shield
- Expeditious retreat
2 Darkvision ACTIVE
– Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
- Invisibility
Wand of Shield 33 charges [held by Zenith]
Slippers of spider climbing 1 of 10 min. used, round 1

Longbow 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 26 heroism, sickened, rage dex
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 7, Initiative 14, Location V44->S42

Status:
Atol HP: 36/37
Angel HP: 17/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = invisibility purge (21 of 60), obscuring mist (7 of 60), bless (5 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 3/7
Healing Touch: Atol
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration
3) Daylight

She can't keep doing that! It's not fair - she just can't!

Atol Will save 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 vs DC 19
Angel Will save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 vs DC 19

Atol tries to stave off the worst of her damage and again channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) = 13 worth of healing. He avoids the ferryman (though I think he's likely dead) and the Dwarf (who's just waiting to kill us all).

"As you wish Doctor!"

After channelling he follows the Doctors advice and ducks around the corner of the hallway.

Taking care of Angel is hard!


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Bless you, Atol."

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, darkvision, shield, sickened

Init +7 Perception +12 Sense Motive +11
AC 28 (16 touch; 23 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
HP 26 + 8 rage/49 (28 + 9 - 29 +13 + 5hp; 8 hp rage)
Fort +10 Reflex +11 Will +5 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped SHIELD
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 60 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 1 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 15hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Shield
- Expeditious retreat
2 Darkvision ACTIVE
– Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
- Invisibility
Wand of Shield 33 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 1 of 10 min. used, round 1


Finneas the Fricasser continues his one-half-orc destruction of the kuo-toa race as he sends the monk's head rolling down the steps.

Atol is in V44, so I left Glimmil standing over Cog.

Round 7 recap so far
Toffitt 27 - Hits for 9 (5 DR)
Dyrant 26 - TBD
Finneas = 25 - Kills ferryfrog
Glimmil = 18 - TBD I'd love to let him keep the crit, but it's a move to get the sling and a move to load it unless I'm missing something. Got a mage hand Dyrant to help him out?
Cog - down
Atol = 14 - channels for 13
Erinyes = 10 (57 damage + 4 from Toffit likely)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Cog should also be awake now to pick up the sling.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Oh, only if Glim presciently delayed...


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Kord flows through me!"

Finneas flexes floridly at the erinyes as the fricasseed ferry frog head flops into the foggy fluid at the foundation of the temple.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class
GM_Chris wrote:

Glimmil = 18 - TBD I'd love to let him keep the crit, but it's a move to get the sling and a move to load it unless I'm missing something. Got a mage hand Dyrant to help him out?

Yeah, sure...no problem! I'll just ask my familiar...oh wait...nvm...

Round 7, Init 26

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 30 Will save

Dyrant will blissfully go and pick up the sling for Glim and hand it to him.

"Knock this devilress out."

20/41 hp


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

I'm happy to revise the action to a 5ft step back and use that natural 20 on a sling attack. I switched to the hammer since he couldn't get his sling easily!


crit damage please


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Not sure how you want to handle it. Here's 2 rolls from scratch, which I figure is the easiest (not like there's much variance on a small sling's damage.

Sling original: 1d3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 12 = 18
Sling critical: 1d3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 12 = 20


I think you're using the 2 point per level smite past the first successful attack, but you can fix it next time.

Glimmil nails the erinyes in the nose with the sling bullet.

"You can have the dwarf. He and his flippered friends have proven unworthy of my time. I suspect our paths will cross again in the future. Do me a favor and don't die before then."

The erinyes then teleports away.

Out of combat.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt fires his arrow into the space the Erinyes departed. "Next time our arrows will be primed to cut you down, excrement from heaven."

Glancing about the scene, Toffitt let's his fury lapse. "Sarcem... Dyrant... You're sure this was just a temporary vessel for him in this realm? I... We failed him again. I'm sorry, friends."

Walking over to the ferryfrog, he shakes his head sadly. "You were no angelfrog, but you did your duty. Admirably but futilely fought."

"We should return to Cauldron with an eye towards clearing out this place. Return with our blades and arrows well liked for heaven's outcasts. We must learn more of whatever threat Zenith mentioned. It is clear that much greater patrons backed his psychotic rule here."

"Smoking Eye... You don't suppose this could involve the great eye beast we encountered in Jhazidrune...?"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = invisibility purge (21 of 60), obscuring mist (7 of 60), bless (5 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Atol
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration
3) Daylight

So much destruction. I have failed to maintain the healing and we have lost another life.

Atol looks sadly at the fallen Archon and at Dyrant.

"We must be cudgeled for the loss of the high priest. Again his death is ours to bear witness. This time we must bring him back. Bring him back to the church and see what can be done. Something must be done!"

"Gather around everyone, let us heal, and pray."

Atol channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) = 14 worth of healing. He excludes the Dwarf.

"Now. The Doctor is right. We must escape these caverns and get home to Cauldron. Does anyone know how to operate the ferry?"

Atol steps gingerly into the boat and sits down carefully.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1
GM_Chris wrote:
I think you're using the 2 point per level smite past the first successful attack, but you can fix it next time.

Indeed. I read it as the first successful attack per round, and as a way to fix/nerf iterative attacks or dual wielding. If that's not the way it is, my tabletop game's been doing it wrong!

As the last bullet soars at the erinyes, Glimmil stands dumbfounded.

What happened there? There's practically nothing left of the ferry-frog!

Glimmil's eyes drift over his wheezing companions before finally resting on Cog, who's tail now wags just a little in his return to life. Throwing his arms around the dog's neck, Glimmil blathers, "Don't ever do that to me again!"

Once everyone has caught their breath, he helps as best he can to guide the small boat back to the far shore for their return to Cauldron.

EDIT: Yep, been doing it wrong since the latest errata. Must've been mentally confused between the original Smite and the errata Smite. I'll make sure to calculate it correctly going forward.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas nods grimly before shrinking himself down.

"Let's get loaded and gone. We should probably loot everything we can while we're here, and there is that other prisoner to free if you guys still want to do that?"

Fifth: Well done.
Male: Show off.
Female: Enough.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant sighs deeply as he picks up the pieces of the Archon, collecting the different gears, springs, and blades that once made the entity.

"This one was brave and did his part to help us. We shall take him back to the Church and bury him there though he did not really die. To leave him in this place would seem wrong."

Putting the Archon into a pouch, Dyrant takes to casting Detect Magic on the abused ferryfrog, trying to make sure to scan each of his many pieces.

"You did good work again Finn, this one might was mighty."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Ah, yes. The halfling. Would you consent to my quickly checking the rooms that we've cleared for clues about the Smoking Hand? Once I've healed a bit more, that is."

HP = 36


Detect magic results:

Ferryfrog

DC 22 on bracers:
bracers of armor +2

Zenith (yes, 2 belts)

DC 18 on full plate:
+1 full plate

DC 18 on heavy steel shield:
+1 heavy steel shield

DC 18 on dwarven waraxe:
+1 dwarven waraxe

DC 23 on belt:
belt of giant strength +2 (gauntlets of ogre power in 3.5)

DC 22 on belt:
belt of mighty constitution +2(amulet of health in 3.5)


The halfling cries out from the cells, "If you're done out there, do you think you could let me out now. Please! The other kuo-toa ran off, but I suspect he'll be back with some friends soon."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Maybe we could put Zenith in a cell and clear out the rest of this place? I'd hate to give them a chance to reinforce now that they've lost the devil and ferry frog."

Female: We are weakened as well. Your fat friend has lost his newest angel.
Male: Angel? Thought that was part of the orc ball game.
Fifth: Orc ball?
Male: Yeah, you take the head of your enemy and...
Stop.

Finneas will attempt to identify the items. He turns his head from side to side and sticks out his tongue as he does so.

Spellcraft:

Bracers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Full Plate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Shield: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Axe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Belt 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Belt 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"The plate and shield have minor magical enhancement, this belt makes you stronger. I don't know what the rest does."

Sweat visible on his forehead he picks up a used scroll from around Dyrant's last spot in the battle.

"That was hard work. Hey why is there water up here? Maybe the ferry frog was dripping?"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Lol@Orc Ball. Not sure who the fat one is though...:)

Dyrant takes a good look at the magical oddities.

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25 Spellcraft on Braces
1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21 Spellcraft Full Plate
1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22 Spellcraft Shield
1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 = 31 Spellcraft Waraxe
1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25 Spellcraft Belt #1
1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22 Spellcraft Belt #2

"I'm not sure we need to return him with or without his armor. I think it could be ours, but we should ask above."

Dyrant looks to the rest.

"I see 3 options:"
"Rest now and delve deeper into this fortress."
"Return now to the surface."
"Or explore now as weak as we are."

Dyrant, if pressed, would want to come back and scrub this place of the evil.


"Hello?!? Before the black dragon comes out, too. You guys weren't exactly quiet."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37
Angel HP: 18/18
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = invisibility purge (21 of 60), obscuring mist (7 of 60), bless (5 of 60)
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Atol, Dr. Toffit
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (2 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration
3) Daylight

"Dyrant, I prefer the second choice though we should return once we have left the Dwarf in Cauldron and taken care of Archon. We came for the Dwarf and we have him now. Yes we have discovered more to do, but we should not lose sight of our original goal. We can still fail at that if we're not careful."

"Doctor here you go."

Atol touches the good Doctor with the power of Cuthbert healing 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8. He then converts a Shield of Faith to a Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.

"Now, let us free the prisoner and flee this dark place before we are overcome!"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant nudges Atol for a few hits of the wand as well.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 healing
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 healing
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 healing

"Thank you, Atol."

Dyrant turns to the prisoner.

"What black dragon again? How big is it? Have you seen it? Did it take orders from Zenith?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Thank you, Atol. Crazy Jared mentioned a dragon hereabouts, Dyrant. I suppose it could be anywhere in these caverns. Excuse me—I'm going to disappear for a few minutes and search the rooms we've encountered. Perhaps you lot could free the halfling while I'm searching."

Toffitt drinks his extract of invisibility and makes good use of the remaining minutes of expeditiousness, searching the throne room and peeking behind the statue in the great hall. Time permitting, he will sneak ten to twenty feet down unexplored halls, but will not open new doors (other than the ones behind the statue, if necessary).

Perception take 10 = 23; will take 20 in throne room if necessary.
Sneak take 10 = 35


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
Dyrant nudges Atol for a few hits of the wand as well.

Wand charges updated. Anyone else still need healing just feed off the wand as Dyrant did and I'll keep track.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
"What black dragon again? How big is it? Have you seen it? Did it take orders from Zenith?"

"About as big as the half-orc when he was doing his impression of an ogre and chopping down the frogs like trees."

EDIT:

"I didn't see the two of them together, but it's quite noticeable when a black dragon walks past without burning down the place."

7,401 to 7,450 of 13,581 << first < prev | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.