Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,201 to 7,250 of 13,963 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant nods as Atol speaks, only wincing once or twice, but mostly agreeing.

"Of course, there might not be need for any violence until we hear what the dwarf has next for us to do. We may have the opportunity to get our equipment back first...which might be nice."

When the citadel is in sight, Dyrant will cast Heroism and Mage Armor upon himself.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"No violence. That would be good. It would be good to have our gear. However, isn't the cost of that the Archon? I don't like that."

Atol will cast Magic Vestment (+2 enhancement bonus to AC) on Finneas when he sees Dyrant casting preparation spells.


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
Chris, was there more than one door into Zenith's chamber? In Pathfinder physics, would you say that a silence spell in a doorway muffles noises coming from inside a room, but outside the spell's radius?

Only 1 door. In regards to silence it would depend on the door. I'd go with a solid door blocking the effect until opened. The doors in the fortress were solid.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Ok, we can try this. So, how do we get to the dwarf? Just walk in, shut the door behind us, and start whacking away? Inspired by Kord himself Atol, I like it."

Well, it's simple, I like that.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

[b}"Leave me by the door, then. I'll strive to keep it closed."[/b]

I assume that we spend an hour getting prepared, so that Toffitt has a fresh batch of mutagen. He should still have a few hours of darkvision left. Not sure about how much travel time is involved. If it's just a few minutes, he could forego preparing another mutagen, and buff himself soe more. Otherwise...

"Once we're inside and ready to attack, say 'Abner, wake up,' and I shall. If we happen to have a few minutes of uninterrupted privacy, wake me up and I shall prepare myself."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant wonders how anyone could feel that the Archon is a threat let alone enough of a threat to slay a warrior like the Doctor, but keeps silent.

An unnecessary and hardly believable contrivance when we should be focused.

"It is your plan, Atol. St. C clearly favors you and I will play along. But I will council again about listening to what the dwarf says before engaging him."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"I agree, Dyrant. Hearing the dwarf out would be wise."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt thinks on his idea a bit further, prompted no doubt by Dyrant's doubtful expression, though I don't mean to put expressions on his mouth... It probably wouldn't be that surprising to Zenith that the archon killed me, since his own people couldn't handle it. But do I really trust my earnest friends to convince Zenith of that? They aren't exactly smooth talkers... And I would have fewer of my defenses active...

"On second thought, perhaps I should stay awake as we engage him. Still, we should be prepared to quickly block the door, and if possible muffle any cries of alarm. If you can think of any other ways to introduce elements of surprise and, er, chaos, I suggest we consider them."


The archon floats up from Cog's head, once again glowing and spinning. "I've been thinking on our predicament. You have noted that the creature was called forth to this plane. This is not so easily done. You said it seemed like only a couple minutes, but it should have taken at least ten. Perhaps it just seemed like a couple."

"Also, if called, then the devil has reached some sort of bargain with the kuo-toa or the dwarf. There should be conditions to the bargain and a time limit."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"What are you suggesting? That we wait out this contract, assuming that it won't last for more than a few days?"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant absorbs the wisdom of the Archon, nodding and adding his own thoughts.

"It might have been that our initial assault of the gates was when the initiation of the summoning began...and we took approximately eight minutes to finish playing patty-cakes with the frogfish boatman and explore the cells and cages."

"If, indeed, the time needed to summon is 10 minutes for this mighty devil, then our path lies in quickly finishing our foes. Do not forget that the area around the statue is unholy and buoys the minions of evil unduly. Selecting a battle area not in that room would be beneficial as well."

He forgives me. And I have been selected to serve him. And so I shall.


The party approaches the lake to find the ferry frog roasting something over a fire. A close examination reveals it to be horse. He stands and holds out his webbed hands.

Feel free to prep prior to this.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Ferryman, we have returned to speak with the Dwarf. Er. Is that one of our steeds?"

I hope it's not mine! It's a looong walk back!


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Undercommon:
"I do not think the Smoking Eye would appreciate you eating its cavalry... Sincerest apologies for our earlier misunderstanding."

Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

If the ferry ride back is relatively brief, Toffitt would take his mutagen and alchemically allocate heroism.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant nods to the ferryman as he boards the boat, a smile on his face.

He forgives me. And I have been selected to serve him. And so I shall.


The kuo-toa continues to stand there were his hands outstreteched.

Undercommon:
"You have the body?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Undercommon:
"Indeed. This is the creature's body. It does not look deadly, but the spirits of archons are much greater than the mass of their bodies. We look forward to bringing it to the Smoking Eye. Ourselves."

Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The ferry frog pokes at the archon and then leads the party to the ferry.

Undercommon:
"We are all much greater than the mass of our bodies."

The kuo-toa lets you off at the steps. Blood still covers the steps, but new guards greet your approach. They stare at the archon's body, but do nothing else than to usher you past. One of them leads you through the room with the large statue, up the stairs, and across the drawbridge to the upper floor. The party's belongings still sit on the platform before the statue, but someone has obviously been through them.

You are lead to the dwarf who stands upon your entrance and the door is shut. The occupants of the room include the dwarf, two kuo-toas with rapiers & sticky shields, and the party.

The dwarf demands, "Bring it to me."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Would it be possible to share a map of the room? Methinks we'll be positioning ourselves for eventual battle...


Link to last map


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant meets with the dwarf with a smile on his face.

He forgives me. And I have been selected to serve him. And so I shall.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Who is Z?

"An archon, milord. Messenger from the heavenly host. It looks small, but don't let its appearance deceive you." Looking to Dyrant for ascent, Toffitt picks up Sarcem and walks towards Zenith.

Just a reminder, Toffitt's Init bonus is currently +7.


Ignore Z. That was the archon.

"Yes. It is as my warriors described."

"It harried me for many weeks. It will now serve me for many years upon my banner."

The dwarf grabs the pole upon which the banner hangs. It is apparent he intends to impale the archon upon the pointed spear end.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Milord, might I suggest that I help you dissect the creature. I am an alchemist and phsyicial of some skill, and could tell you much about its workings. Information that could be useful for future celestial attacks."

Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Toffitt stiffens a bit, his desire to protect Sarcem perhaps a bit too obvious.

I am guessing that will be initiative... Toffitt does intend to sucker punch Zenith if it looks like he's about to attack...

Sense Motive 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol shifts about on his feet nervously. He tries to hide it and appear confident, but he does not like the idea of the archon on a spike.

Bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

A bit uneasy, he rushes through his plea.

"Lord Dwarf, why don't you come back to Cauldron with us? At least talk to your father... listen to what he has to say. You can always return here afterward."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

GM Chris - Is the Archon in component/gaseous form? Did he mention how far he wanted to go with this? Dyrant is fine with his impalement if he is...after all, he would know better than Dyrant about if/how the spear would even affect him. I'm not sure the Archon is worried (gas form + DR), but I dunno.

Dyrant nods, wondering how he dwarf is going to plug a gear on a spear.

"Maybe your father would be willing to finance a 2nd army."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

The doctor wants to dissect the archon? That's terrible... oh wait, he's just kidding.

Glimmil nods along with the conversation, gritting his teeth while he sweats and looks to-and-fro from the conversation's speakers.

This.. is... hard to keep up.

His hand brushes against the handle of his hook-hammer nervously while he attempts to maintain his composure.

The dwarf just needs to agree to come along now, that's all...


The dwarf chooses the largest sphere and impales the archon on the banner pole. There is a brief glow and then it fades again.

"There is no need to dissect what is already beaten."

"Again with my father! I am my own dwarf! I have no father."

"Come. We will celebrate with a sacrifice to the smoking eye. There is still one prisoner left in the cells. "

The dwarf begins for the door.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol can't help himself and acts reflexively rushing to the sphere.

"Noooo!"

Atol channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4) = 11 worth of healing. He avoids the Dwaf in that burst - just in case.

We cannot allow the spokes-thing for St. Cuthbert to be sacrificed thus. No more death today! This Dwarf must fall!


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant tries to calm Atol.

Celestial:

"Be calm, Atol. That Archon is but a shell, it's true spirit can only be slain on it's own plane. We must trust that it knows what it is doing. We have not asked this of it and it does this willingly."

Dyrant puts his arm on Atol's should.

"Trust in St. Cuthbert Atol. I'm sure he has a greater plan."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt gasps as the dwarf impales the archon, still held in his hand. My hand! Sarcem!

Without hesitation, Toffitt lays into Zenith with his fist, hoping to catch him off guard.

Unarmed strike 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 + sneak? 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5) = 9
confirm 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Celestial:

"Well Dyrant, I think Cuthbert's plan must involve the Doctor."

Seeing that violence has ensued, Finneas draws his sword.


Toffitt connects, but is unable to hit anything vital as the dwarf uncannily dodges the worst of the blow.

Initiative
Atol1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Dyrant 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Kuo-toa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Zenith 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Round 1
Finneas = 25
Dyrant = 24
Archon 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (banner pole damage -5 DR = 2 damage)
Zenith 21 (6 damage)
Toffitt = 18 -
Kuo-toa = 17
Glimmil = 16
Atol = 10

Finneas and Dyrant up.
Please let me know if you go through a corpse square or blue square. Zenith has the banner pole (spear equivalent) in his hand and his dwarven war axe on his hip.

New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

It's ON! Not that it makes a difference in this context, but Toffitt is currently +7 to Init.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 1 Init 25

Status:

HP = 54/54 (+10 Temporary)
AC = 22/13/21 (24/13/23 w/ Shield) (-2 AC Raging)
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 7/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

"Well so much for negotiation."

Not wishing to block Glimmil from getting to the dwarf Finneas moves over to the kuo-toan near him and slashes at him.

5' step to BJ35 and swing at K1.
Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 102d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 4) + 13 = 21


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 24

Dyrant harrumphs as the Doctor's blow lands and combat initiates.

Celestial:

"Archon, get free of that spear and move to safety."

The Archon will reform into its 'natural' form (stnd action) and fly up or to safety (near Dyrant).

Dyrant, free of following Atol's plan, begins to enact St. Cuthbert's will.

Dyrant recites the spellprayer of fireball, aiming for BJ/BK 28:29, hitting the dwarf (as if!) and the 3 top corpses (if that matters).

7d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 5, 3, 2, 2) = 29 fire damage vs. DC 19 reflex

Dyrant will move to BM36.

How high is ceiling in this room?
Is the dwarf wearing armor? What kind?


Dyrant's fireball engulfs half the room. The nooses holding three of the corpses snap and the corpses drop to the ground. The throne also catches fire and fills the room with putrid smoke.

Zenith drops the banner spear and takes a 5' step away from Toffitt. He tosses his crystal ball at Dryant where it smashes against the wall (standard action). He then straps on his shield (move action) and draws his axe (quick draw). Finally, he prepares for battle (defensive stance-free action). "Some of you will survive this, but only to be eaten by the lake!"

Doing my Toffitt imitation.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 - Fails save
1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 4 = 8
The ceiling is 30'. Dwarf is wearing very nice full plate. The corpse squares are normal movement. The smoke is not enough to obscure vision yet.

The kuo-toa will delay until Round 2 to follow the leadership of Zenith--and make the rounds easier.

Round 1
Toffitt = 18 -
Glimmil = 16
Atol = 10
Round 2
Finneas = 25
Dyrant = 24
Archon (2 damage)
Zenith =21 (35 damage)
Kuo-toa = 21


New Map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

"I'll get the dwarf! Cog, get that frog!"

Glimmil pauses for the briefest moment, beseeching the shiny, brilliant of Garl Glittergold for divine aid. Then he steps forward, giving Toffitt a knowing glance.

Cast Divine Favor, then draw the hook hammer and move to BL33.

Cog moves to BO,34

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 72/72
AC: 24

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 2/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1
Active Spells: Divine Favor

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 25 (is Ward back? Then AC27)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 20 {>BK30}

I know that Toffitt begs for imitation, but I don't get it...? You mean being super wordy in combat?

"Listen, Zenith, we're all going to survive this, and so are you. Why not make this easier and just surrender now?"

Like that?

Toffitt drinks his extract of shield and tumbles behind Zenith, drawing his blade as he goes.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, shield, darkvision

AC 27 (15 touch; 22 flat-footed) +1 dodge if 2+ adjacent foes
HP 49/49
Fort +9 Reflex +11 Will +5 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 0hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Shield
- Expeditious retreat
2 Darkvision ACTIVE
– Alchemical allocation
- Alchemical allocation
- Invisibility
Wand of Shield 33 charges [held by Zenith]
Slippers of spider climbing 1 of 10 min. used, round 1

Acrobatics 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I think he was poking fun at the number of actions you sometimes take. ;)
Round 1 Init 25

Status:

HP = 54/54
AC = 22/13/21
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 7/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

Finneas swings again at the kou-toan.

Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 152d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 = 20

"For Kord!"

Fifth: I'd like a new head to inhabit, you are not good at this.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 24

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 Knowledge: Arcana on the smoke effect
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Spellcraft on the smoke effect

Dyrant dodges the smoke, unhappy about potentially being hit.

"Archon, would you grant me use of your wings?"

Dyrant prays for the power of AngelsFlight, hoping that Sarcem will grant his wish.

Dyrant will fly up 20' and to BL33.

* * *

"Archon, would you protect the Kordite so that he might smite our foes?"

The Archon will move to cast Protection from Evil on Finn (3 minutes of PfE).


The smoke is just the smoke of corpses and a skin throne that somebody set on fire.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 10, Location BL35

Status:
HP: 37/37
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Prayer (1 of 6)
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Healing Touch: no one
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Perl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Daylight, Invisibility Purge

"May the blessings of St. Cuthbert be upon us all - everyone praise St. Cuthbert!"

Atol casts Prayer* and draws out his cudgel.

* +1 attack/damage/saves/skills for us -1 attack/damage/saves/skills for them (luck)

Atol eyes the fire and wonders if 12 gallons of water created over the throne will put it out sufficiently to stop the smoke. ...or is it the combination of three bodies and the throne?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Oops, the knowledge rolls was for the crystal ball that was thrown. Can we re-apply? Was it just a ball?


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
Oops, the knowledge rolls was for the crystal ball that was thrown. Can we re-apply? Was it just a ball?

It summoned or released something, but you don't see anything. Don't worry. You'll feel it soon.

Recap
Round 1
Toffitt = 18 - shield and move
Glimmil = 16 - Divine favor, move,
Cog miss
Atol = 10 - Prayer
Round 2
Finneas = 25 - miss
Dyrant = 24 - fly,
Archon (2 damage) - Pro Evil on Finn
Zenith =21 (35 damage)
Kuo-toa = 21


The first round passes without bloodshed as people get their footing and prepare for the worst. The dwarf swings twice at Toffitt who easily dodges the blows. The party's spirits rise until something smashes the back of Atol's head twice.

The kuo-toas poof out of existence. Why? Because I said so and this battle doesn't need any CR or distractions added to it. I had them there for show.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 - Dwarf at Toffitt
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 - Dwarf at Toffitt
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 - invisible thing at Atol
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7 - damage
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 - invisible thing at Atol
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8 - damage

Round 2
Toffitt = 18 -
Glimmil = 16
Atol = 10
Round 3
Finneas = 25
Dyrant = 24
Archon (2 damage)
Zenith = 21 (35 damage)
Invisible = 21

Party is up.

New Map


It's a minimum of 35 perception to pinpoint the invisible creature's square.1d20 ⇒ 3 DC 37 for this round.

And since no one can get 35, I'm just going to stop rolling until things change.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 18

"Glimmil, flank with me, won't you?"

Status = same

Toffitt readies to attack once an ally is in flanking position across from him (though I fully expect Zenith to have improved uncanny dodge).

Dueling blade 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 = 27 +2 flank?
1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11 + 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) = 13?


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Do I know what square attacked me?

7,201 to 7,250 of 13,963 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.