Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


6,051 to 6,100 of 13,316 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>

"Amazing stuff, eh? More amazing then your drivel. Cuthbert is a punk and so are you! You're just riding on Glittergold's bandwagon and the wheels have just about fallen off that cart. What are you going to do about it? Burn me with your silly wand? Glare at me? You can't even see me!"


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

"Alright, Glim. End it. Tis an evil that will taunt us no more."

Dyrant leaves with the two (three) wands and begins to drag Finneas to the lift.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

He's evil... should I vanquish him or give him quarrel? What would Garl Glittergold do? I know!

"Okay Quas-Imp. You heard the scary man. You either need to prove you're useful, or else you're classified as An-Evil-Thing-I-Need-To-Vanquish."

He looks to the others and leans in close to the invisible creature.

"Maybe turn visible - that's a start. I'm sure if you're real good, we might be able to find a nice wizard who will buy you."

Detect evil on the quasit-imp.


He's eeevil.

"Scary man? Why? Because of his looks? That other priest is scarier with his breath. What has he been eating?"

"If you're going to send me to hell, be quick about it. I don't want to be late to the party to welcome your friend."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol steps up with his cudgel, and proceeds - unless he's stopped - to coup-de-cudgel him to death. Likely requires several attempts with a fair number of misses...

But he'll get the job done.

Spew your venom elsewhere demon. I brush my teeth.

"There, now can we please get the wands, and Finneas, to safety?"


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant will help coup-de-cudgel as well.

"This make take a while."

It's right...Atol's breath is like a dwarf's ass.

It is a long process as Dyrant needs to do max damage to overcome the thing's DR + fast healing.


The first time Atol swings he gets nothing but air.

Reflex save from Glimmil please.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Glimmil frowns as he senses the creature's evilness.

"Looks like it's back to the Nine Hells with this one."

As he continues to hold the invisible creature, he wonders aloud, "Shouldn't we do something since he's invisible to ensure he doesn't get away if he wiggles free of my grip?"


As Glimmil holds the demon, it suddenly shrinks in size. Glimmil is able to keep a grasp on it though. The Cuthberites take turns smashing the catepillar until it squirms no more.

Fast forwarding back to the city. You have retrieved all the wands. Where would you like to go? When you eventually visit churches you will find none of them have the diamond worth 5,000 gp required for a raise dead. How would you like to solve this dilemma?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

I wonder if we put an extremely large lump of coal up Dyrant's arse...

"Friends, I have heard tell of priests of the earth who can return a soul to life in an entirely new body. Perhaps we could find such a shaman to transmogrify our friend."

1d100 ⇒ 63 = HALFLING!


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Some paladins can raise dead as well and without the gem. Maybe we can find one of those. "


Jenya has a scroll for sale cheaply and can cast except on a 1, but is fresh out of diamonds. Asfelkir offers no discounts and has not diamonds, but could also cast the scroll except on a 1. You have plenty of gold to purchase a diamond, I'm just curious as to where you hope to obtain it and who you trust or are ready to be indebted to.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

I thought scrolls presumed the use of material components in their creation...? But I get the drift—we need a diamond. Toffitt trusts Skie and Dyrant's bum. Er, don't take that the wrong way, Painlord.


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
I thought scrolls presumed the use of material components in their creation...? But I get the drift—we need a diamond. Toffitt trusts Skie and Dyrant's bum. Er, don't take that the wrong way, Painlord.

You're right. So no scroll. Perhaps somebody else has one.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol shrugs and thinks hard. Coming up with a faint glimmer, he slowly leaves the room and the discussion heading out into the streets.

He goes to Coryston's house and knocks on the door.

"No wait! Don't slam the door - please! I need your help!"

He stands in the rain looking pitiful and worried...

"A comrade has fallen and there is no diamond available for the raise dead. You were an adventurer back in the day, and surely your party must have had close calls, and maybe even a death or two. If the church didn't have a diamond, where did you go? Where would you look?"

"It's my job to keep my people healthy and safe... and I failed. I cannot now fail to bring back the dead over something so trite as a bit of flashy stone!"

He looks at her with pleading eyes...

"Please help. I don't know where else to turn."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Once the wands and Finneas' body are safe in the city (and after the group discovers the need for a fantastically expensive diamond), Toffitt excuses himself.

He goes to check in on Carts Does he even care? Am I just another client to him?'

He then makes the rounds to his 'patients' in the local brothels, asking them if they know of any wealthy personages who might have an especially valuable diamond to sell. "Not just some plaster that they're using to convince you they're wealthy—the real thing."

Gather info 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 in case he already knows the answer.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant mutters angrily at his 'fellow' Cuthbertine's lack of planning and explains his frustration to Atol.

"You see, Atol? This church lacks even the most basic of planning for disaster. First the wands, now they cannot even be trusted to keep a stock of supplies on hand for events like this." Dyrant harrumphs mightily.

"If they cannot be trusted with the easy things, you might see how they might make mistakes in choosing what clergymen to venerate."

Dyrant conveniently omits that it was St. Cuthbert himself who did not choose him to be formal clergy.

When Dyrant's venting is over, he eventually turns his attention to the matter at hand.

"Think Dyrant, think." Dyrant mutters to himself. "What would St. Cuthbert do?"

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Know (local) for other sources of diamonds
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Know (Religion) to know other options/churches who might be able to help
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Straight Int Check

"Glim, it might be that we need to explore the City and it's populace in more depth to find a few diamonds. Sometimes people do not always speak to me in the manner to which they should...but a brave knight like you might elicit a may warm response. We need information."


During the flood festival ball, the party met the rich families of Cauldron. Likely, anyone of the them would have a diamond that would work:
-Lady Ophella Knowlern: Owner of Cusp of Sunrise
-Aslaxins: Owner of the Coy Nixie.
-The Vanderborens are the equivalent of real estate tycoons.
-The current lord mayor, Severen Navalant
-Vhalantru: Cauldron’s newest noble
-Taskervilles - mine owners
-Lathemires - trade in arms/armor


Atol Lem wrote:

He goes to Coryston's house and knocks on the door.

He looks at her with pleading eyes...

"Please help. I don't know where else to turn."

"I'm here for you."

"When you're ready to give up this foolish life. You and your friends have retrieved the wands? The fools who live too close to the lake get a reprieve for another year. The natural consequences are avoided and people live in a fantasy world. It's all good until someone dies and even then it works out. But what happens when you all die? Who will bring back your bodies then?"

"And no, I don't have such a big diamond. Good luck."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant's pause for reflection and insight is rewarded with possibilities previously unremembered.

"Ah yes, Doctor. Thinking more clearly now, I see avenues for search." Dyrant taps his lips with his finger as he thinks aloud.

"Doctor, which would you think is the best course of action? I would think the current Lord Mayor might be the best initial start."

Dyrant turns to Atol.

"Atol, would you mind asking the your clergy to keep the body of Finneas fresh while we search for a suitable diamond? We already have constraints of time, but would hate for Finneas' body to suffer unduly from the natural passage of time."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Based on his research, does the Doctor glean anything about which of these wealthy people might be more worthy of owing a favor? Another Gather Info check, if the first roll wasn't enough, to ask about what skeletons they might have in the closet they use at the local brothel...

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Basically, do any of them seem especially honorable? From Toffitt's perspective, which is on the neutral/chaotic good side.


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
Basically, do any of them seem especially honorable? From Toffitt's perspective, which is on the neutral/chaotic good side.

Asdie from being successful business owners, your research does not reveal any skeletons.

-Lady Ophella Knowlern: Elven woman. Owner of Cusp of Sunrise -
-Aslaxins: Owner of the Coy Nixie. - 1 is a Stormblade
-The Vanderborens are the equivalent of real estate tycoons. - 1 is a Stormblade
-The current lord mayor, Severen Navalant. Liked by the populace.
-Vhalantru: Cauldron’s newest noble - Funded public projects such as the gate Finneas worked on
-Taskervilles - mine owners - 1 is a Stormblade
-Lathenmires - trade in arms/armor - 1 is a Stormblade


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
Coryston wrote:
"I'm here for you." "When you're ready to give up this foolish life."

"But I'm not ready, and it's not foolish. Yes there are hazards as I well know, but we are helping people in a way I cannot do as a simple clergy. I have not the wit for it. Thanks."

Atol shrugs off the rain and walks back to the group. Why must she tear me down so?

---

Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
"Atol, would you mind asking the your clergy to keep the body of Finneas fresh while we search for a suitable diamond? We already have constraints of time, but would hate for Finneas' body to suffer unduly from the natural passage of time."

"I can handle Finneas' freshness tomorrow. Good plan."

"I suggest Vhalantru or the noble mayor. They'll be more, uh, friendly to Finneas' plight."

Atol will memorize Gentle Repose on the new day in place of Hold Person and cast it on Finneas.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Finneas lies still, his decomposing body held in endless check from it's natural state by the blessed cudgel of Cuthbert. Lacking the ability to stink up the place or even drop a finger or two on the carpet, he silently waits his opportunity to either swing his sword in Kord's name or rot.


Nice. They should have you up and about today.


Sounds like the party is headed for the Mayor and/or Vhalantru. Coincidentally they are together at the Lord Mayor's residence. They listen to your plight and offer the following response.

V: "First. Thank you for retrieving the wands. Your timely assistance again is most appreciative. Plans have just been finished to refurbish the lakeside pavillion and it would have been sad to have to scrap them."

M: "Yes. You have the appreciation of the city. However, the city does not happen to have a diamond such as the one you in need in its coffers."

V: "My own assets are a bit more diverse then the city's and I'm sure I have what you are needing. I would be happy to sell it to you at a discount as thanks for your work. As your own wealth grows as adventurers perhaps you too will see the benefits of some philathropy."

M: "In the meantime, perhaps we could ask a favor for you in return. Not now, but soon I expect we will need some assistance in collecting taxes from Maavu's Imports. No knee breaking or such, we're not criminals. I just hope that your public appearance will shame him into doing the right thing if he hasn't already. If he does pay the taxes due in two weeks, then perhaps there is something else I can ask of you?"

Lord Vhalantru will leave you to consider their offer and return shortly with a magnificent diamond. He assures you it will be more than adequate to the task and offers it to you for 4,000 gold pieces.

I'm planning to do a treasure recap sometime today hopefully, but you definitely have enough.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"Perhaps we could bring Cauldron's citizens together to celebrate the receding of the floods, and 'invite' Maavu's Imports to make a very public contribution to the crowds and to the city. I am certain I could get the word out to the public."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant smiles at the Mayor and Vhalantru's graciousness.

"Indeed, Mayor, I am happy to help. But I are not against bringing down the Cudgel upon those who do not follow the law. Common sense dictates that just taxes must be paid and those who skirt such must repent or answer to the Cudgel."

Dyrant inspects the diamond briefly, more to hone is own appraisal skills than in doubt of the worth of the diamond. He will place it in his haversack when he is done.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Appraise

"Tis wonderful. Thank you both again. We shall await your beck and call to tender with the tax evaders."

* * *

When the party is ready and has left the Mayor's manor, Dyrant will get stew during Finneas' rebirth, unwilling to enter the compound of St. Cuthbert again.


Asfelkir will join Jenya at the temple of St. Cuthbert to witness the resurrection of Finneas although unable to contribute to the casting or restoration spell needed.

Jenya looks both proud and a bit nervous about her role as high cleric of the church now. She allows Atol to assist if he desires.

Unlike the reading of the scroll, the casting of the spell is a much longer process full of ceremony, much of it not actually necessary for the spell. Asfelkir sits quietly through it all, but is obviously annoyed to be here instead of his own church. The only other people present are those of the party who wish to be there.

As the cermony concludes, Jenyas places the diamond on Finneas' chest.
It sparkles and flares brightly before sinking into his chest. A glow can be seen beneath his chest for a few moments and then it fades away as Finneas's eyes open.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt attends the ceremony, full of some mixed feelings.

On the one hand, the big fella has been a solid comrade and helped save my life several times. We need him to battle whatever cabal is trying to tear this city apart. On the other, is it fair to give man of the cloth special treatment? Why not put those resources towards housing and educating the city's too numerous ragamuffins?

And besides, his body odor is worse when he's alive than dead.

Anyway, it'll be good to have him to hide behind some more.

"Er, amen."

Toffitt's internal monologue fades away as he joins Atol and Glim in welcoming Finneas home.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant wipes away a drizzle of gristle stew from his chin and considers ordering a third bowl while waiting for the ceremony to end.

C'mon, you damn tusker. Get off your deathbed and walk out them doors and back to fight against the evil that plagues this city. Dyrant thinks of Finneas as he chews a rather tough piece of gristle.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol is honored to be a part of the celebration of Finneas' rebirth and will participate in any way he can.

I may be doing this someday. I must learn the process.

Atol shudders in fear, briefly, at the thought that he'll be able to cast such powerful spells in the future.

Perhaps I should learn to preach more. Where is Dyrant? I would learn from him too!

When his eyes open, Atol rushes to Finneas' side full of happiness at his friends return to the living.

"Welcome back Finneas! You're alive again! Is there anything I may fetch for you?!"


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Finneas shrugs as the gates begin to close.

"I'll be back later. Much later."

Slowly creaking to life, Finneas casts about for his sword before bumping into Atol.

"Eh, Atol? Where did those ogres go? I need my sword, we're not out of danger ye...wait, what's going on?"

Tendons snapping back into place Finneas sits up.

"Father Asfelkir? Where am I?"

*cough cough spi...swallow*


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"He's back! He's back!" Glimmil cheers as he rushes up to Finneas and slaps him on the back, completely ignorant of any pain or discomfort such an action might cause to someone recently raised from the dead.

Glimmil begins babbling on excitedly about anything that Finneas may have missed while he was "sleeping", especially and including the large dinosaur skeleton.

Glimmil then disappears and returns with a large item wrapped in cloth and presents it to Finneas.

GM Chris:

Hope you don't mind me going back in time, but Glimmil would've gone out into town and purchased a very shiny masterwork steel shield to present to Finneas upon his "rebirth". I'll subtract the gold for it once you sort out the latest distribution of gold...

"This... this is for you, Finny!"

Unwrapping the Cloth:

A very, very shiny steel shield.

I realize that the odds are highly unlikely it will ever see use, but Glimmil strongly believes that all warriors should have a shiny shield, and that this is probably the reason why Finneas died.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant returns from waiting outside the Church to St. C and returns to his stool at the bar.

Look at the bartender, he speaks, "Nope, not done yet. Another bowl, if you would."

Dyrant consumes another bowl of gristle stew.

Might need to make plans for more street sermonizing tonight. If not tonight, then definitely on the morrow.


Finneas Glenn wrote:
"Father Asfelkir? Where am I?"

Asfelkir snorts out, "Among the living," and then rises to leave.

"Thank you, Reverend Mother Urikas. You do your church honor."

"Now we each have had to reclaim one our flock from the other side. Hopefully it will not happen again."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol hangs his head.

"I'll do better sir."

He starts handing Finneass his gear.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

"I'm sorry I failed you Father, I'll do better next time."

"Thank you Glimmil. This is...this is very generous. Thank you."

Finneas beams at Glimmil, the momentary darkness in his eyes passing as he looks over his gift.

"Tell me what happened after I...after I fell. How did you bring me back?"

Are you still here?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"Not very much happened, outside of fighting a legion of undead, a gigantic animated dinosaur skeleton, a reanimated gnoll necromancer and an imp and his pet blob. You have the noble, Vhalantru to thank for providing a precious diamond, and sturdy Atol for carrying your body through subterranean dangers.

And of course Dyrant for scowling the enemy to death. Where is he, anyway? I would have thought he'd received your invitation, Mother Jenya."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant scoops another helping of stew into his maul, enjoying the drizzling on his chin.

Good stew. Them inside can take all the time they need.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant pays for his stew, awaiting the exit of Finneas and the rest with increasing impatience. Dyrant fights back ill thoughts of possible reasons for the delay.

Something has probably gone wrong. Did Atol mistake the diamond for an appetizer? Now they wait for him to pass it? Or what if Finneas soul did not wish to come back? Maybe he found his promised virgins more seductive than us?

*worry*


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

The next day Atol straightens up from his gardening and cracks his back.

Did we forget something?

After a brief rest, he presses on with the cabbage...

I wonder what Dyrant is doing now?

He coaxes a friendly lady bug onto the rhubarb.

I haven't seen him since we went into the church.

Atol hikes up his robe and starts running to the bar.

We forgot to tell Dyrant all was well!


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil leads Finneas out from the temple with much gusto and fanfare. waving his hands to an imaginary audience (or a real one, in case it gathered).

"Make way for Cauldron's heroes! Make way!"

Such exciting times! I hope our adventures have not yet ended, and only begun!


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Finneas looks uncomfortable with Glimmil's introduction.

"Really Glimmil, I don't think it's that exciting. I mean, it's more exciting being here than dead, but really. Where's Dyrant. Probably stewing in the Eel again isn't he? What's it been, 3 months? I wonder how much of that stew he's had. Can't be good for you."

Really, are you back or can I live in peace now?

"Once this flood is under control I think I'll need to take you all out for drinks. How much did it cost to get me back? I should talk to Jenya about this dull feeling I have now. Is my left arm supposed to tingle sometimes?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"Ah, well. Presumably you owe us each two thousand flagons of ale, but I'd be happy if you made a more modest donation to the clinic that I hope to open."

"I suspect Jenya will need some additional money to remove that tingling. Death and rebirth are expensive propositions."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Priestess Urikas. Is there anything the church needs? I am saving for a few things, but wish at least to make this donation..."

Atol hands Jenya a pouch with 200gp.

"I also have the ability to manufacture wands now, if the church needs any with somewhat weaker spells. Or anything else you may need of me. I know there are some things we want to look into yet, but we are taking a bit of a break to let FInneas heal, with your assistance of course." Atol grins.

Atol will spend two days working on wands for the church, or any other task they put before him.


Finneas, Glimmil and Toffitt head to see Vortimax for some enchanting. Though the water has been pushed back, the ground is still soaked as the rains continue. His house looks even more unstable and appears to have sunken some and lists to one side. They pull the cord and the steps drop down from the ceiling/floor.

They place their orders for a +1 greatsword (4 days), a +1 dueling blade (2 days), and +1 hook-hammer (2 days).

"That's a lot of work you want done. You can come back for the greatsword in four days and bring the dueling blade. I'll need to rest a day then, so I can have the dueling blade to you three days after that. Finally, another three days for the hook-hammer."


Atol Lem wrote:
"Priestess Urikas. Is there anything the church needs? I am saving for a few things, but wish at least to make this donation..."

"Thank you, son. I appreciate your humility and continued service to the church despite your fame."

"A wand of protection from evil would be appreciated. You never know when it will be needed." She hands Atol back the pouch of gold along with another 175 gold to cover the materials for making the wand.


Glimmil stops by Skie's to sell the party's goods, check on a belt of giant strength, and perhaps stay a long lunch. Skie takes him to a back room to check for a belt. They spend a long time looking for the belt and come back sweating.

"Too bad we couldn't find that belt. Oh, it looks like you lost yours. Don't worry. I should be able to get one in about a week. You should feel free to check back each day though."

1d100 ⇒ 16
2d8 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8


Skie does have a cloak of resistance in stock for Toffitt though.

6,051 to 6,100 of 13,316 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.