Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


5,851 to 5,900 of 13,323 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>

Dyrant pokes his head around the corner and is saved by it as the skeleton tries to bite him again. The skeleton dodges the flaming sphere.

1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 16 - 4 = 14 bite
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 saves

Rest of the party is up


which is just Glimmil.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 2
Glimmil drinks the potion the doctor hands him and awaits the right opportunity to charge into battle.

Move action to take the potion, move action to drink it.

Round 3

"Nobody can ever dispute Glim Cobblewattle's bravery!" he boasts, before straightening his helmet, and guiding Cog directly into the maw of death.

To Q,19 should have cover up until setting foot there, will then attack with reach using the lance.

Glimmil attack (lance, power): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Glimmil damage (lance, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 48/52
AC 28 (Shield)
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Glimmil manages to stab a bone or two, but finds that a lance is not a great weapon for smashing bones.

Dyrant still to go.

T-Rex damage (16, 13, 10* = 39)


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 4, Init 18

Burn you!

3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4) = 10 fire damage vs. DC 17 Reflex

Dyrant will use the Pearl in his hand to recall the Flaming Sphere.


Round 4

The skeleton dodges the flaming sphere and then attacks the more obvious target of the bright and shiny aura of good. With more than two thirds of its bones still intact, the skeleton is able to easily crush Glimmil's armor, real and magical.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 - Save
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33 - At Glimmil
2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6) + 13 = 20 - Damage

Party is up.

Round 4
Dyrant - 24 - sphere attack, pearl rechage
T-Rex = 23 - Hits Dyrant for 16
Glimmil = 12 -
Atol = 9 -
Toffitt = 6 -
Round 5
Dyrant - 24
T-Rex = 23

T-Rex damage (16, 13, 10* = 39)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 9, Location O19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Atol sizes up Glimmil's injuries and channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) = 12 worth of healing. He is careful to exclude the T-Rex... just in case.

"Doctor, please be careful going in there - Glimmil is taking a beating!"


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 5, Init 18

Screw this. Time to bring in the battle beast.

Dyrant begins the high prayer, summoning a Celestial Battle Beast to enjoin this fight and help make St. Cuthbert's will known.

Begin full round cast.

"When the Angels doth marcheth in, Oh! When the Angels doth marcheth in! Ye wants to be in that rumble! Oh, when the Angels doth marcheth..."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Yiiii-eeee!" Glimmil shouts as the massive jaws clamp down, squeezing his armor like an empty tin can.

Dropping his lance, he switches to the smashing power of his hammer as Cog and he advance towards the monster, doing his best to keep his shield facing the massive mouth.

"Get 'im doc! He's distracted!"

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, defensively): 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 4 = 13
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Cog trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Now up to AC30

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 40/52
AC 30 (Shield, Fighting Defensively)
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Chris, I assume skeletaurus rex is still immediately adjacent to the door, so that Toffitt would have to tumble through his square to get at him...? Something I find unlikely if he has a +16 to hit...


Correct.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant continues to drone.

"...And wheneth the sun doth refuse to shine, And wheneth the sun doth refuse to shine, Cuthbert, how I yearn to be in that rumble, Wheneth the sun doth refuse to shine..."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"We need to get it to move back from the door. There's no way for me to get through it." Toffitt delays.


Recap of Round 4
Dyrant - 24 - sphere attack, pearl rechage
T-Rex = 23 - Hits Dyrant for 16
Glimmil = 12 - misses. Cog hits, no trip
Atol = 9 - Channels for 12
Toffitt = 6 - Delays
Round 5
Dyrant - 24 - Starts full round cast
T-Rex = 23

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 - miss.

The skeleton tries to crush Glimmil again with its teeth as long as Glimmil's arms. However, Glimmil is ready this time and holds off the monster with his own glancing blow.

Party is up for Round 5/6.

Updated Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Initiative 9, Location O19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 5/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

"Doctor, I'm not sure how we're going to get it to back up. Seems like you should prepare for an opening when Glimmil must fall back for healing."

Atol casts Bless upon the party.

May the blessings of St. Cuthbert be upon us all!"

If Glimmil can do more damage than he takes, we might have a chance!


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 6, Init 18

Dyrant finishes calling upon the angels for aid in this fight.

"Send me an Angel that likes to snap bones, St. Cuthbert!"

Summon Monster III: Celestial Battle Crocodile! into Q:R/12:13.

CBC!:

N Large celestial animal

Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +8

AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 13 (+1 Dex, +4 natural, -1 size)
hp 22 [28] (3d8+9) [3d8+15]
Fort +6 [+8], Ref +4, Will +2
SR 7
Celestial - Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5

Speed 20 ft., swim 30 ft.; sprint
Melee bite +5 (1d8+4 plus grab) and tail slap +0 (1d12+2)
Special Attack death roll (1d8+6 [1d8+9] plus trip), Smite evil/good

celestial:

"Attack the skeleton, CrocoAngel! Snap your mighty jaws and crack with your mighty tail!"

CBC! Attack:

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21 bite attack
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage (S/P/B) + 3 more smite damage (if evil)

1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 0 + 2 = 15 tail slap
1d12 ⇒ 1 slam damage (B)

Dyrant puts away his Pearl.
Dyrant draws his Wand of Strong Curification.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 30/30
Weapon Equipped = Wand of Cure Serious, Wand of Burning Hands
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold
Fly: 0 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 0 of 10 rounds used

Wand of Burning Hands 21 charges left
Wand of Cure Serious Wounds 4 charges left


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"I unfortunately threw my only blunt weapon at it. I doubt that I will be able to hurt it if I lack a moment for surgical precision."


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

You've got 400 pounds of half-orc in plate armor, that probably counts as a blunt object...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

I doubt that I could use weapon finesse (or really any kind of finesse) with Finneas' corpse. It's really ironic in an oxymoronic way that Finneas and finesse are such similar words... :-p


The crocidile appears behind the skeleton and quickly crunches several bones in its respectably sized maw.

Adding damage from Cog (12) and CBC (12)
T-Rex damage (16, 13, 10*, 12, 12= 63)

New Map

Glimmil and Cog still to go with Toffitt on idenfinite delay.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

[b]"Dyrant, give me some room to shoot at it from cover, if you please."[b]

Not readying, but if Dyrant moves back, Toffitt will move to Dyrant's space, drop his blade, quick draw his bow, and fire a blunt silver arrow at skeletaurus.

Compound bow 1d20 + 11 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 4 - 4 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

With fierce determination, Glimmil challenges the giant dinosaur,"You're going down buddy - I'm feeding your ribs to my dog tonight!"

Swift action to initiate the Cavalier challenge.

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, bless, defensively): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12
Glimmil damage (hammer, power, challenge): 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11

Cog attack (bite, power, bless): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23

AC still 30.

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 40/52
AC 24 +4 (Shield) +2 (Defensively) = 30
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Trying hard to avoid being skewered on the t-rex teeth, Glimmil and Cog are unable to hurt the skeleton. The skeleton snaps its head around and chomps the crocidile out of existence in a single bite.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 202d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 5) + 13 = 24

Party is up for Round 6/7


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 6, Initiative 9, Location O19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = Bless
Channel Energy Left: 5/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Atol hears the crunching of T-rex on creature and worries about Cog and Glimmil. More protection on the way!

"Blessings are well and good, but let us pray for the success of our mission to St. Cuthbert for his enriched power!"

Atol casts Prayer*.

*+1 to hit, damage, saves, and skill checks for us; -1 for T-Rex and it stacks with Bless.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt is still waiting for Dyrant to move his wrinkled butt.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant looks at the many squares behing Glim and Cog (Q18&19) and scans them both for smelly Cog (or Glim) excremental pyramids.

Seeing none, Dyrant looks at Doctor Toffitt and squints.

"What is your problem, Doctor? There is plenty of room over here. Now is not the time for goofery."

GM Chris: which map is right? The old one with 15' to the elbow? Or the one with 10'?


Old one. I recreated on the fly and messed up.

Correct map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

So you would like Tiffitt to provoke each time he fires at the t rex? You're nuts.


You'd have cover from Glimmil and Cog.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Quickly Cog, while it's turned away!" Glimmil shouts as he swings his hammer at the dinosaur's tailbone while Cog tries to fetch himself a night-time snack.

Still fighting defensively against this monster...

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, defensively, bless, prayer): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 4 = 19
Glimmil damage (hammer, power, prayer, challenge): 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Cog attack (bite, power, bless, prayer): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Cog damage (bite, power, prayer): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Cog trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Lay Hands (swift action): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 44/52
AC 24 +4 (Shield) +2 (Defensively) = 30
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 3/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Ok. Toffitt advances and misses with his shot.


Glimmil and Cog get in their blows against the distracted t-rex. The t-rex returns to trying to shred Glimmil's armor into confetti, but Glimmil is ready this time and brushes away the attack.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 252d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4) + 13 = 19

T-Rex damage (16, 13, 10*, 12, 12, 10, 8= 81)

Party is up for Round 7/8


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 7, Initiative 9, Location O19->P19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = Bless, Prayer 2 of 5
Channel Energy Left: 5/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Invisibility Purge

Things seem to be going well, we've found our rhythm. I wish I had another Spiritual Cudgel ready!

Atol is unsure what to do, so he sticks to the basics and casts Guidance on Doctor Toffit. To reach him, he squeezes in with Dyrant, up close and personal like.

"A little help from St. Cuthbert perhaps to guide your bow Doctor. Excuse me Dyrant, sorry about your toe."
Atol grins at the thought of the T-Rex falling to an arrow.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 7, Init 6 {>Q19}

Toffitt shoots again, aiming for the skeleton's coccyx.

1d20 + 12 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 4 - 4 = 15

But the arrow glances off Glimmil's helm instead. "Sorry, Glim."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 7, Init 18

Dyrant whispers as his CBC is 'eaten' in one bite.

Better him than me.

Celestial:

"Thank you for your service, Angel. I shall call upon you again should it be the will of St. Cuthbert."

Angered, Dyrant returns his attention to the TRex.

Narrowing his eyes even moreso, Dyrant unleashes the bile and hatred from his heart onto his enemy, filling his eyes with divine wrath.

Cast Burning Gaze.

Dyrant glares at the creature.

1d6 ⇒ 6 fire damage vs DC 17 Fort Save
if fail then: DC17 Reflex Save or catch on fire for 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire damage

"BURN YOU! BURN!" Dyrant froths.


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 - Burned. A fail? Against Dyrant? What has this world come to?
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 - Not on fire. Ah. There we go.

T-Rex damage (16, 13, 10*, 12, 12, 10, 8, 6 = 87)


@ Finneas

An iron gate stands before you with dragon skulls mounted on each side. The gate is closed and a deep booming voice fills the air.

"There is a dragon to be killed and you are here? It is only a mockery of a real one, but it is still an abomination that must be destroyed."

Male voice: It's not his fault. If that Cutherberite had taken care of him...

Booming voice: "Have you stood outside this gate so long you've forgotten that he should not have needed help?"

Female voice: Of course he needed help. You don't throw a child into war. You don't expect a young hero to kill ogres on his own. If you do, you never get the real heroes that can slay a dragon on their own.

Booming voice: "Be quiet woman!


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Finneas shakes his head the runs his hands over his chest.

"What's going on here? Where did those ogres go? Did Dyrant banish them with fire and eyes?"


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

We await Glim, eh? Maybe we repeat his last attack sequence? I can't see it changing much (outside of it being done more quietly :0 ).


We've passed the 24 hour mark since t-rex attacked, so here's Glimmil.

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, defensively, bless, prayer):1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 4 = 17
Glimmil damage (hammer, power, prayer, challenge): 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Cog attack (bite, power, bless, prayer): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Cog damage (bite, power, prayer): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Cog trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Lay Hands (swift action): I'll leave that up to Glimmil. He's only 8 down.


Glimmil manages to crush a few more bones, but Cog is unable to assist this time. Losing its form, the skeleton is not able to sink its teeth into Glimmil.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6) + 13 = 20

T-Rex damage (16, 13, 10*, 12, 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 = 99)

Party is up for Round 8/9


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 9, Init 18

Dyrant again focuses his glare at the TRex.

1d6 ⇒ 4 fire damage vs DC 17 Fort Save
if fail then: DC17 Reflex Save or catch on fire for 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire damage

"Burn you!"

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 30/30
Weapon Equipped = Wand of Cure Serious Wounds
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold
Fly: 0 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 0 of 10 rounds used

Burning Gaze: 2/5 used

Wand of Burning Hands 21 charges left
Wand of Cure Serious Wounds 4 charges left


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 - Despite the numerous crushed bones, the t-rex still has enough strength to resist Dryant.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 8, Initiative 9, Location O19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = Bless, Prayer 2 of 5
Channel Energy Left: 5/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Invisibility Purge

How is it still standing?! That's unreal!

"Keep it up Glimmil! You'll make it through to the end!" As long as you don't get hit...

"Doctor, keep it up, you'll get him!"

Atol casts Guidance on the good Doctor.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt puts away his bow, picks up his blade and readies himself to speed into the room.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Missed it was my turn earlier... darned RSS reader.

Glimmil continues to work at hopefully smashing dinosaur bone.

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, bless, defensively, prayer): 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 10
Glimmil damage (hammer, power, challenge, prayer): 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 9

Cog attack (bite, power, bless, prayer): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 19
Cog damage (bite, power, prayer): 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 11
Cog trip: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 24

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 44/52
AC 24 +4 (Shield) +2 (Defensively) = 30
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 3/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 10

I know how much glee it gives GM Chris to save against me, so posting now so he has a nice present in the morning.

Dyrant again focuses the anger he feels at the clumsy oaf standing on his foot at the TRex.

1d6 ⇒ 3 fire damage vs DC 17 Fort Save
if fail then: DC17 Reflex Save or catch on fire for 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire damage

"You bony oaf! Burn!"

...as opposed to the not-bony oaf far too close to me.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 30/30
Weapon Equipped = Wand of Cure Serious Wounds
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold
Fly: 0 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 0 of 10 rounds used

Burning Gaze: 3/5 used

Wand of Burning Hands 21 charges left
Wand of Cure Serious Wounds 4 charges left


This time Glimmil misses, but Cog manages to crush a large bone. The t-rex fights on though and takes an even bigger bite out of Glimmil.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 - Attack
2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1) + 13 = 19 - Damage
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 - Save vs. Dyrant It's almost as good as coffee.

T-Rex damage (16, 13, 10*, 12, 12, 10, 8, 6, 12, 11 = 110)

Party up for Round 9/10. Dyrant has already wasted his action. ;-)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 9, Initiative 9, Location O19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = Bless, Prayer 3 of 5
Channel Energy Left: 5/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Invisibility Purge

Seeing Glimmil's severe injury, Atol channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) = 13 worth of healing.

"Stay in there only so long as you can Glimmil! If you need to back out for more healing, do so!"

That looks like it really hurt...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 9, Init 9 {> depends}

Status:

Toffitt channels his bestial instinct once more as he climbs up onto the wall and attempts to bob and weave through the creature's space to it's left. His intention: to get just past it, get to ground, and expeditiously move the rest of the distance.

If he gets hit, he will get as far towards the opposite hall as possible. If not, he will flank the creature.

[spoiler=Movement squares]
Q19a >
Q19b (one square up) [1 square] >
R17b [tumbling; not sure how to handle climbing around a corner tumbling, space wise; 2 squares?] >
S17b [tumbling; 2 squares] >
S17a [no tumble; 1 square] >
either Q12 or Q14 (if undamaged)

He will use his one round of 5 hp healing if he's struck.

Status:

**Controlled Rage +4 Dex**
[b]AC
28 (10 +4 armor +4 Shield +3 Nat armor +7 Dex)
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +11 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - GLIMMIL
- Expeditious retreat ACTIVE
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 40 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Acrobatics 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 1 = 36 guidance [31 CMD]

If he does not, in fact, get through the creature, he will aid attack on Glimmil.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

5,851 to 5,900 of 13,323 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.