Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


5,801 to 5,850 of 13,964 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 - miss


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 7, Location I19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow (loaded)
Conditions = Blessed, Spiritual Hammer 3 of 5
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Atol presses his spiritual attack.
Spiritual Cudgel 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 points of damage.

He then takes out and loads his crossbow.
...ogre's don't know when to fall down...


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Ah I looked at the roll of 18 as the damage, not the roll of 24.

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, bless): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Cog attack (bite, power, bless): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 40/52
AC 24
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Glimmil's luck really seems to have returned as the ogre misses again.

Recap end of Round 4, Start of Round 5
Atol = 7 - (I19) miss
Dyrant = 29 (J19) - still to go
Finneas = 23 - Dead
Toffitt = 18 (O19) - hit
Glimmil = 17 (L19) - hit & miss
Ogre 1 Dead
Ogre 2 (7, 1, 4, 10, 11*, 7, 7, 9* = 56 dmg)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 222d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 9 = 13

Party up. (Dryant twice)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

I think Glimmil meant to say he was moving into flank... Or not...


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 4, Init 29

Dyrant will try to contain his anger and rage as the ogre contines to battle on, his fist clenched in impotent rage.

Finally composing himself, Dyrant will reach into his 'sack and pull out the unused wand that he had thought useless earlier.

Pointing the wand away from Glim, Dyrant will direct the burst from the Wand of Burning Hands to burn the ogre. Level 1 wand, yeah?

"Burn you! Burn you to ashes!"

"Mar-teee-GHAN!" Dyrant intones the command word.

1d4 ⇒ 2 fire damage vs. DC 12 for half

* * *
Round 5, Init 29

"Mar-teee-GHAN!" Dyrant intones the command word again, pleased by the gouts of fire.

1d4 ⇒ 3 fire damage vs. DC 12 for half

21 charges left

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 30/30
Weapon Equipped = Wand of Cure Serious, Wand of Burning Hands
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold
Fly: 0 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 0 of 10 rounds used


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
I think Glimmil meant to say he was moving into flank... Or not...

There is no flank. The ogre is in the corner.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Initiative 7, Location I19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow (loaded)
Conditions = Blessed, Spiritual Hammer 4 of 5
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

St. Cuthbert's Cudgel continues its relentless attack!
Spiritual Cudgel 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 points of damage.

And Atol follows it up with a shot from his Crossbow.
Crossbow 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 1 for 1d8 ⇒ 5 points of damage.

While Atol reloads his crossbow he considers the longevity of ogres in combat. He doesn't like it.


Dyrant burns the ogre and Atol's spiritual cudgel hits.

Ogre 2 (7, 1, 4, 10, 11*, 7, 7, 9*, 2, 3, 2 = 63 dmg)

Glimmil & Toffitt still to go


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 5, Init 17

Toffitt slashes at the ogre aggressively, hoping to end its un-existence.

Status:

AC 22
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +9 Will +2
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Expeditious retreat
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Dueling blade 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Confirm 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Who needs flank, really?


And the ogre falls.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant cheers as the monster falls and runs to tend to Finneas' wounds though they look so severe.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Heal check

"Atol, come quick! I can't tell whether he lives or not." Dyrant listen and looks for breath.

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 = 13 healing touch to Finn, just in case

Damn. He was a good ol' tusker.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt wipes the ogre ichor off his blade as he goes to examine Finneas.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

"I'm afraid he is beyond our care, Dyrant. Only a miracle would return him to us, assuming he would want such a thing..."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Yes, he is dead. I saw it in his eyes as he fell. We should pool our resources and purchase the needed spells from the church to bring him back. I'm sure he would want to return to continue our hunt for the wands!"


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

"What?!?" Glimmil cries in exasperation.

"You can't fix him? You know, cudgel-healing and magic?"

It takes the gnome several minutes to come to grips with the loss that Finneas isn't going to just simply wake up. Glimmil continues to talk to him, encouraging him to open his eyes, and pushing his innards back into his body and holding them there for several moments.

"Wha-what will we do without a Finneas? We needed him!"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Let us see what these creatures were guarding and then return our friend to the bosom of the church. High Priestess Urikas will likely not have the spells we need prepared, but we can hope she will have the ability to do so soon. We will need the wealth we just found, and then some I should think."

Jenya will set him straight as she did me. He'll be weak a few weeks, but that is all. The wonder of the power of St. Cuthbert!!

I should have healed him instead of trying stun the ogres. If only I'd known they couldn't be stunned! I must pursue that sort of knowledge more... and remember.


Peeking around the corner reveals an even larger cavern. Inside is a museum quality display of a T-Rex skeleton in the center of the room. Beyond it is another cave opening.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Out of respect for his faith, I believe we should first take him to the temple of Kord."

Toffitt proceeds to the hallway that the ogres guarded, searching carefully for additional traps as he creeps along the hall.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Shall we continue on, or first tend to Finneas? Dyrant, do you sense any magic?"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:
"Out of respect for his faith, I believe we should first take him to the temple of Kord."

"Of course Doctor, very wise, I was not thinking clearly. If his temple is able to heal him, then that is where we should begin naturally."

"We must not leave his body here as we do not know who might be following us. I can carry him I think, if someone will help with some of his gear."

Again the muleback cords come into play. Though I never thought I'd be carrying poor Finneas with them!

Atol sighs and tests his theory by picking up Finneas' limp body.

I haven't actually kept track of my encumbrance, but I believe I can carry Finneas at least though his equipment should be distributed. If Finneas is a heavy guy, Atol will hand his pack to Dyrant as well. I'll assume Atol is at medium load while carrying his body. That is unless Finneas weighs in over 200 lbs in which case he's at a heavy load and moving slowly...


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant wipes the tears from his eyes and the single line of snot from his right nostril.

Bugger. How could this happen?

Dyrant gives Atol an icy stare.

"Another failure on our hands, Atol. Who could have saved him?"

You could have, Atol. You fat failing friar.

Dyrant tries to keep his anger in check as he begins to gather Finn's equipment, shoving what he can in his haversack (about 50lbs of room left).

"Don't suppose timely use of your divine spark could have helped a bit more than the loud failing fart you tried, Atol?"

Dyrant stares at Atol again.

"Not that this is your fault or anything," Dyrant says passive-agressively to Atol, his feeling clearly showing in his eyes.

Dyrant's eyes well up with tears again.

"No use crying over 'our' failures, Atol, right?" Dyrant says while trying to shove Finn's greatsword into his haversack, thrusting hard enough to risk destroying the sack...but not quite.

*sniffle*

Dyrant checks his mouth for a time as he helps Atol carry his new burden.

He feels strong because he never adds the weight of his own failure to his shoulders, Dyrant says as he appears more hunched over with a burden than Atol carrying Finn.

"Let us move on," Dyrant says dryly, an anger still burning within.

* * *

Moving to the skeleton...

Dyrant eyes the T-Rex 'skeleton' with unease.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Know (Religion)

"Beware! We have just faced two undead horrors...this might be a third. And they keep getting bigger and uglier."

Dyrant looks around. How big is the TRex? The passageway? Much rather fight it while squeezing than not...if it's what I fear it might be.

Cast Detect Magic from 60' away, trying to just get a square of the TRex.

"I doubt that beast itself will radiate magic, Doctor. Undead do not detect as such as the animating magic is gone once the body is infused with unlife."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Having retrieved his hammer, Toffitt keeps a safe distance from the monstrous skeleton and throws.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (5, 5) = 16


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt then hands a clean handkerchief to Dyrant. "Let us not blame ourselves or each other. The gods would not have mortal servants in this world if the struggle for good will and justice were easy. Finneas has been courageous in his life. We can only hope his god will see fit to return him to us."

Toffitt seems unphased, almost as though he lived in a world where death was not permanent and resurrection was a commodity freely traded.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:

Dyrant gives Atol an icy stare.

"Another failure on our hands, Atol. Who could have saved him?"

"True, another failure, and we were doing so well!" sigh

Dyrant, the Angry wrote:
You could have, Atol. You fat failing friar.

Oh. Er

Dyrant, the Furious wrote:
"Don't suppose timely use of your divine spark could have helped a bit more than the loud failing fart you tried, Atol?" Dyrant stares at Atol again.

Well, uh. Is it my fault?

Dyrant, the Blamer wrote:
"Not that this is your fault or anything," Dyrant says passive-agressively to Atol, his feeling clearly showing in his eyes.

It IS my fault! Dyrant is right! I must, I must...

Dyrant, the Denier wrote:
"Let us move on," Dyrant says dryly, an anger still burning within.

"...but..." Atol mumbles quietly crying to the side. He's barely able to see the huge T-rex through his tears. He quietly mumbles a prayer to Finneas and resolves to be a better friend to him.

I must heal more quickly, and I must become smarter somehow. Perhaps Dyrant will teach me to be a better campaigner as he truly is. I've resolved to be more like Dyrant before, but I must stick to that resolve in all ways. I must match him.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt hands another clean hanky to Atol. Why do I not cry? Perhaps I have already shed all of my tears. But these companions of mine are lucky to have the ears of their gods, unlike the souls I tend. Even Dyrant.

Hrm. Maybe dying and being reborn would convince him that Cuthbert loves him like a favorite bastard son...


Dyrant doesn't detect any magic and Toffitt gets the first blow in as his hammer snaps several bones on the T-Rex. The pile of bones then springs to unlife though and quickly closes on the Doctor. It's foot-long teeth easily pierce Toffitt's armor and leave him bleeding on the cave floor.

Atol1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Dyrant 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
T-Rex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 - Attack
2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 = 19 - Damage

Round 1
T-Rex = 23
Dyrant = 18
Glimmil = 12
Atol = 9
Toffitt = 6

Party is up
New Map


Dyrant recognizes the creature as a skelelton upon which an animate dead spell has been cast.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 6 {>L19}

Really? A dinosaur skeleton, like in a museum? Must be a joke. Couldn't possibly be an animate skeleton. That would just be too literal. Oh, ouch. It is an animated skeleton. What kind of literalist designed this abatoir, anyway?

"Retreat! Gods, the creature is lightning fast and has swords for teeth!"

Status:

*Total defense*
AC 28
HP 18+5/37
Fort +7 Reflex +9 Will +2
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Glimmil
- Expeditious retreat
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 5hp of 10hp used

Toffitt's wound begins to knit together as he goes on total defense and tries to withdraw back around the corridor. "I really thought it must be a joke..."

GM_Chris, I forgot to mention that Toffitt was going to retrieve his elixir of shield from Finneas and give it to Glimmil. I understand if that's not ok at this point...


Toffitt withdraws safely. Only 10' of reach.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 9, Location O19->M19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand of Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Atol backs up to the good Doctor and casts Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 from the wand.

"Are we not to stay and fight? I can make someone's armor tougher, and shield them in a couple ways. Maybe stay just out of reach and force it to come into the tunnel or throw things at it until it dies? Or both!"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 19

How in the hell did that get in there?!

"Oh, of course. It's big and ugly and it's in our way," Dyrant says aloud, but following that up with a mutter under his breath, "Angel, I need you again."

Dyrant chants the spellprayer Flaming Sphere and directs the burning reflection of his anger into Q15.

3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) = 13 fire damage, DC 17 Reflex for none.

Dyrant will reach into his 'sack and retrieve his more powerful pearl.

"Maybe you all hang back and let me work my magics upon it."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Glimmil frowns, but nods, backing himself and Cog back down the corridor, hoping the gigantic skeleton will be unable to pursue.


Toffitt and Glimmil back out, but Dyrant tosses a flaming sphere at the T-Rex who catches it in its mouth. Unfortunately, it just falls through the mouth to the floor.

The T-Rex then steps forward and bites Dyrant as he tries to hide at the corner.

Recap Round 1
T-Rex = 23 - Hits Toffitt for 19
Dyrant = 18 - flaming sphere 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 fails save
Glimmil = 12 - backs out
Atol = 9 - Wands Toffitt
Toffitt = 6 - withrdaws

T-Rex damage (16, 13 = 29)

1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 4 = 20 (-4 for corner) - Attack
2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 = 16 - Damage

Party is up.


1d100 ⇒ 94 - T-Rex still gets Dyrant if it's concealment.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"We should fall back and re-muster. I could make myself fast enough to run through it, with only one opportunity for it to hit me... I could also create one more protective elixir. It is so powerful, I suspect it could still harm me..."

"Dyrant, it so mindless... If you summoned an auroch or three next to it, it might opt to attack it rather than us. Once we've prepared, we might just be able to take it. Hrm..."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 9, Location M19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Unsure about whether to fight or flee, Atol does what he knows is right.

Atol moves up and casts Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 on Dyrant.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 18

Fails to draw back his outstretched arm before the dinosaur's bite hits.

"Damn thing! St. Cuthbert burn you!"

Dyrant leaves the ball to burn again and moves to M19.

3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6) = 13 fire damage vs. DC 17 reflex

Dyrant inspects his arm.

Meh.

"Thank you, Atol."

At least he might have learned something.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 21/30
Weapon Equipped = Wand of Cure Serious, Wand of Burning Hands
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold
Fly: 0 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 0 of 10 rounds used

Wand of Burning Hands 21 charges left
Wand of Cure Serious Wounds x charges left


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 6

Toffitt drinks an elixir designed to speed his footsteps, and flits up behind Atol. "Very well. If you wish to press the attack, let us do so without further loss of life. In a couple of moments, I will be ready to run past the monstrosity. I'll attempt to fend of its attacks while I arrange myself along the opposite hallway. Glimmil and I can then perhaps flank it, if your fires have nto yet incinerated it."

"Atol, if you feed the elixir in my pocket to Dyrant, it will shield him somewhat more from the creature's attacks. Dyrant, might I suggest committing yourself fully to your own defense, while the creature burns?"


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

"I can go in, and get it's attention!"

Glimmil glances around the corner at the giant massive skeleton jaws pursuing Dyrant.

Because I'm... uhh, brave.

"I don't suppose I could get one of those fancy shield thingeys if I'm about to go charging into it's mouth?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Hrm. If that will convince Dyrant not to be it's midnight snack. Left pocket."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Chris, could you give an update of positions as of the end of last round? Since we're about to exchange supplies, it will be helpful to know where everyone is.


Sorry for the missed day of posting. I just put Glimml in the closest space possible that was out of sight of the t-rex.

Recap Round 2 so far
T-Rex = 23 - Hits Dyrant for 16
Dyrant (P19) = 18 - flaming sphere 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 makes save
-- didn't move I believe
Glimmil = 12 - Still to go
Atol (O19) = 9 - Heals Dyrant
Toffitt = 6 - still to go

T-Rex damage (16, 13 = 29)

New Map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 14/Cavalier 1

Still in a bit of a work crunch here...

Glimmil will defer to Toffitt, to see if he's needed to charge into the T-Rex and get it's attention.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Changing Toffitt's action just a bit: drink Expeditious Retreat elixir, move five feet, hand Glimmil an elixir of shield.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant moved to M19. He'll be back in a moment for you to bite him. Glim, I like the idea of charging and fighting, however, might also be crazy.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Please, don't charge. Drink the medicine, Glim. Drink the medicine.


So essentially we're at a standoff. The t-rex does not pursue. Anyone can feel free to go first sticking their head around the corner to see if it's still there.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3

I'd prefer to stay in rounds. I have spell durations.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Stealth + whatever modifiers for cover/distance

Dyrant will silently move back to P19 and peek around.

Burn you!

3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) = 15 fire damage vs. DC 17

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 21/30
Weapon Equipped = Wand of Cure Serious, Wand of Burning Hands
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold
Fly: 0 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 0 of 10 rounds used

Wand of Burning Hands 21 charges left
Wand of Cure Serious Wounds x charges left

Flaming Sphere: round 3 of 5


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 9, Location O19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Atol leans in and touches Dyrant lightly with the wand casting Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3.

"We should be cautious, but we must fell this beast. When the fire has expired, I'd like to protect our warriors before we leap in. Does that make sense Dyrant?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 6

Toffitt will use his wand to put up a shield. He moves up to squeeze with Atol. "Atol, some more of your healing for all of us might be helpful."

5,801 to 5,850 of 13,964 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.