Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


5,751 to 5,800 of 13,666 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt keeps his surgical gloves on while he examines the walls of the room. At first he gives them a once or thrice over, before asking the group if they'd like to do a more thorough search.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"Perhaps the slab is a capstone sealing in some unknowable, ancient evil."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"I'm not sure if that makes me want to keep it forever closed, or open it even more!" Glimmil shouts, clearly excited by one of the two options.

Shrugging he adds, "it's too heavy for me, or it's not supposed to move..."

Did it move slightly, so it's actually movable or is Glim pushing on a stationary object?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Glim, if anyone can overcome ancient, unknowable evil, it certainly must be you."


Having pushed on the slab, he can tell that is actually hinged. Such wonderful work was likely the work of dwarves like the ones he just had to kill.


Toffitt also notices the hinges, but doesn't see anything else in the room.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant turns to speak into the room.

"What is taking so long? The rains might be drowning Cauldron...let's move."

Dyrant scratches his armpit as he continues to keep watch.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Actually, Dyrant, I believe the temple is using the five wands to control the flooding as we speak. I'm so glad you thought to have us return them. Jenya thought you most clever..." Toffitt looks around for something that might be used as a lever. "Finneas, I don't suppose you'd be willing to use your greatsword to pry the slab open. It's hinged, as you can see here."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Swords aren't really made for that Doctor, but I have a crowbar."

Finneas moves to the slab and uses his crowbar to assist Glimmil.

Strength + Crowbar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Failed to assist even. Lovely.


Glimmil and Finneas pry open the slab to find several leather sacks inside. The sacks contain thousands upon thousands of coins. (15,5000 cp; 8,000 sp; 4500 gp; 200 pp). The compartment is otherwise empty.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Chah-ching! Let's see, where was the last map at...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Where on this map have we been/not been? Toffitt will do search checks in any dead ends that seem obvious.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Modifying the book a bit from here, but the inconsistency of the map, etc, is annoying me. The two ogres actually should have been triggered by Dyrant and combined with the spawn, but oh well. They put them in a room that you couldn't even fit two large creatures in.

After rummaging through the coins, the party proceeds deeper into the caverns. As they turn the corner they spy two large ogres standing motionless in front of a narrow passageway. You observe them for a minute wondering if they're even real before realizing they are undead.

Not in initiative yet. What would you like to do?

New Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol whispers to Dyrant, "The wands may be beyond the ogres, so we should take them out ."

Atol then whispers a blessing on the party for the upcoming battle, casting Bless.

Still whispering, "May the blessings of the Saint be upon us all in this darkened room. Let us take out these blockages to our success."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

If Glimmil moves further in (assuming we have a surprise round), Dr. Toffitt would like to take the opportunity of surprise to step forward, quick draw his light hammer and throw it at Ogre #1.

Hammer 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 with bless
1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5, 4) = 14
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

"Yes, Atol, your instincts are correct. These ogres must submit to the Cudgel...though they are likely to resist."

Wow. Sometimes he shows the good sense of St. Cuthbert. I must honor and respect that more.

Dyrant moves away from the direct line of attack to the ogres, unwilling to get between them and the gnomish cavalry.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas will move in and attack an ogre.

"No sense waiting."

Hello regret. What's that? No, this probably won't hurt. Pffft.

Move to L20.
Greatsword Power Attack Bless @ 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 112d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 3) + 12 = 20


Not really a surprise round. The blessing is out of iniative. The ogres just were not active until you entered the room or attacked.

The ogres ignore Atol as he whispers his blessing. Dyrant clears the way for the fighters pick a spot and the Finneas heads into the room. Initiative begins. His blow bounces off the thick hide of the ogre. Toffitt moves up pick a spot and has better luck as his hammer flies across the room before landing with a thud against the hide of the ogre, but also produces a satisfying crack of ribs.

Initiative
Atol1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Dyrant 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Ogres 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Round 1
Dyrant = 29 - Still to go
Finneas = 23 - miss
Toffitt = 18 - Hits #1 for 18
Glimmil = 17 - Still to go
Ogres = 16
Atol = 7 - back to his cleric initiative where he belongs


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 29!!! w00t!!!

Dyrant will move to Toffee's vacated spot, I20, and glare at Ogre #1, while holding up his holy symbol.

"Atol is right! You must move for the chosen of St. Cuthbert must pass!"

(7 rounds/1round on Will save DC 16) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its attacks.


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Urgh!!!" The ogre taps its club on the ground.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 18

Toffitt moves to J19 before he throws.

Status:

AC 22 (23 crowd control)
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +9 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 5 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Expeditious retreat
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Reminder that Evil Eye is mind-affecting...


Have a mentioned recently what a great guy the doctor is? He still made me waste that '18' though.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Dang, and I think an 18 would actually hit Toffitt, too. Bummer, man.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Dang, and I think an 18 would actually hit Toffitt, too. Bummer, man.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

OMG, I think this is a fight that the stars can finally align and Glimmil can get in a charge attack!

"ChaaaaAAaaarge!" Glimmil bellows once the others give him the go-ahead to attack the ogre sentries.

[ooc]Lance (Mounted Charge, Power Attack, Bless): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
for 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 = 16


Glimmil's charges forward with glee, but his lance doesn't penetrate the ogre's skin. First one ogre then the other raise their gleatclub and attempt to crush Finneas into the floor. They each only land a glancing blow though, so Finneas remains standing (28 dmg total).

Male voice: That didn't hurt me at all. How about you?
Female voice: Not all all. I feel just fine. How about you son?

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
2d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
2d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12

End of Round 1, Start of Round 2
Atol = 7 -
Dyrant = 29 - Still to go
Finneas = 23 - miss
Toffitt = 18 - Hits #1 for 18
Glimmil = 17 - Still to go
Ogre 1 (18 dmg)
Ogre 2 (0 dmg)

Party is up.

New Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 7, Location I21->I19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Atol moves up to see better into the room. As he does so, he sees Finneas' body wracked with blows.

No! Damn ogres, no sense of how things ought to be!

Angry with the ogres, Atol fumbles with his holy symbol and casts Sound Burst*. He targets it behind the ogres so as to only affect them.

*Each take 1d8 ⇒ 7 damage and Fortitude DC 17 or be stunned for one round.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 Init 23

Status:

HP = 11 + 10/39 (49 w/ Temporary)
AC = 20/11/20 (18/9/18 while raging)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 5/5
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +8 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Bless

Finneas spits blood and goes beserk.

Free action to spit, Free action to Rage, Standard to Power Attack 1.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Bless: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 202d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 1) + 15 = 19


Thanks again to the doctor for making me reread the undead traits. Undead Traits (Ex) Undead are immune to...stun, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save.

Finneas cuts a great opening in the gut of the zombie while Atol bombards them with sound. They both remain standing though.

Damage so far
Ogre 1 (18*, 7, 20)
Ogre 2 (7)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 18 {>L19}

Toffitt lets his rage loose and dances catlike up to the ogres. He slices into one like butter.

Status:

Rage: +2 Str, +2 Dex
AC 23 (24 crowd control)
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +10 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 1 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Expeditious Retreat
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Acrobatics 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Dueling blade 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
to confirm 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Sighing ever so slightly that he failed to strike with his lance, Glimmil glances down to Cog and adds, "let's get'em boy!"

Realizing both ogres are trying to smash Finneas, Glimmil drops his lance and guides Cog forward to attack.

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, bless): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Cog attack (bite, power, bless): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 52/52
AC 24
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 29

Dyrant looks again at the ogres.

Oh, they look different in this light.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Know (Religion)

Dyrant will move to J19 and pull out his strong wand of curificiation.

Dyrant will relate what he knows of the ogres to others. Q1: DR? Q2: Who is smarter, them or Atol?


End of Round 1, Start of Round 2
Atol = 7 - (I19) Sound burst for 7
Dyrant = 29 (J19) - move and draw
Finneas = 23 - (L20) Hits #1 for 19
Toffitt = 18 - (L19) Hits #1 for 12
Glimmil = 17 - miss & miss
Ogre 1 (18*, 7, 19, 12 = 56 dmg)
Ogre 2 (7 dmg)

Atol shatters some bones with his burst. Finneas makes another large jagged gash in the ogre and Toffitt follows up with a smooth incision. Glimmil and Cog know nothing but frustration as they again can't get through the tough hide of the ogre.

The ogres again pound Finneas leaving him within an inch of his life.

Is he still standing? Do you have ferocity still or trade it out? I hope you have it. I calculate 63 dmg (28 round 1, 35 round 2). See discussion thread.

Dyrant knows nothing about these ogres.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 202d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 = 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 232d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 = 15

New Map

Party up for Round 2/3. Although you might want to wait to post until Finneas's fate is decided.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Did Ogre 2 heal? He should have 7hp damage from the soundburst as well. It's an area effect hitting both of them.

Round 2, Initiative 7, Location I19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

Atol watches Finneas fall and shudders. I know that fall. I fell like that once.

Atol pauses a moment to mourn his fallen comrade, wishing there were something he could do. Alas Breath of Life is beyond his capacity at this point in his priestly career...

Frustrated, he barely manages to cast Spiritual Weapon through his rage at these unthinking opponents.

They may not be stunable, but they are damageable!

Spiritual Cudgel 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 points of damage.

...his frustration continues.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Does Toffitt notice any of the awful worms crawling out of their wounds...?


Nope. Big bad ogre zobmies. Deadly, but nothing special.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 18

Toffitt blanches as Finneas falls down next to him. "Finneas..." He then attempts to tumble past the dead ogres, getting into flank with them. He readies an attack, if Glimmil needs to get in position. "Glimmil, let us avenge our brother."

Status:

AC 22 (23 crowd control)
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +9 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 2 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Expeditious Retreat
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Acrobatics 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 v. DC = CMB + 5

Dueling blade 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 +2 if he gets flank
1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + (6, 6) = 22


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Edit: an additional +1 to hit due to 2 foes


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 29

Dyrant groans as Finneas topples over, his wand of strong curification resting uneasily in his grip.

So quickly they fall...

Dyrant sighs and returns his attention to winning the fight.

Summoning an alchemist flask from his haversack, he tosses it between the standing ogres (N19).

1d20 + 5 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 - 4 = 12 touch to hit
1d6 ⇒ 1 fire damage

"Burn!"


FORT save of 16 from Toffitt when he gets to the other side. If he fails he is blind and will need a d100 miss chance (high good). If he hits, it will be enough to take down #1.

EDIT: He will hit with the flank, but not without it.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 +4 if disease or poison

Sorry to spoil your fun. Does he experience anything to let him know what happened? Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


A bright flash of light announces Toffitt's arrival at the other side of the ogre. He blinks a few times, but finds he is okay.

Glyph of warding. The elements are in the book, but I did craft the scene for you. Glad you saved given the circumstances.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Oh no!" Glimmil shouts in surprise as he watches Finneas drop to the ground.

I knew I should've insisted he start using a shield!

Glimmil guides Cog over the body of his fallen friend hoping to shield him while the Cuthbertians tend to his wounds.

"You! Ugly! Come get me!"

No flanking included below, but Glimmil would try to get one with Toffitt for an extra +2

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, bless): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Cog attack (bite, power, bless): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Glimmil and Cog five foot over to give Toffitt the flank. Toffitt strikes and the ogre finally collapses. Glimmil turns his attention to the other ogre, but without a flank from Toffitt is unable to land an effective blow.

The ogre turns his attention to Glimmil. A mighty swing almost sends Glimmil flying off of Cog's back.

Recap
End of Round 2, Start of Round 3
Atol = 7 - (I19) miss
Dyrant = 29 (J19) - alchemist fire
Finneas = 23 - Dead
Toffitt = 18 (O19) - takes down ogre 1
Glimmil = 17 (L19) - miss & miss
Ogre 1 Dead
Ogre 2 (7, 1 = 8 dmg)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 282d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 7) + 9 = 24 damage
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 182d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 4) + 9 = 21 No confirm on crit

Thank you for calling Garl's help line. Unfortunately due to budget cuts no one is available to assist you. For divine intervention, please press #1 and leave a message.

Party is up.

New map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 7, Location I19

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 32/32
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Blessed, Spiritual Hammer 2 of 5
Channel Energy Left: 7/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1) Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3) Magic Vestment, Prayer, Invisibility Purge

As a move action, Atol switches his Spiritual Cudgel to the other Ogre.
Spiritual Cudgel 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 points of damage.

"Hang on Glimmil!"

Atol channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3) = 12 worth of healing avoiding the two Ogres... just in case.

Maybe I didn't see it right, maybe he's just fine and he'll get up now. Yes, I think he moved just a little! No, that was just a convulsion.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 4, Init 17 {>N19}

"Glimmil! Hold fast, friend. Dyrant, one of your angels would be helpful right now."

Toffitt steps forward and slashes out at the once ogre, taking greater care to avoid its blows.

Status:

*Fighting defensively*
AC 25 (26 crowd control)
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +9 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 3 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Expeditious retreat
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Dueling blade 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 4 = 21
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Yes! That's right! Attack me! You don't like little people - do you? Mister Big Dead Ogre Man?"

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, bless): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Cog attack (bite, power, bless): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 46/52
AC 24
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4

Cog Status:
HP 35/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Glimmil's silent prayers for his luck to change are answered as Atol, Toffitt, Glimmil and Cog vent their anger on the ogre, but it still stands (not tripped).

Ogre 2 (7, 1, 4, 10, 11*, 7 = 40 dmg)

Glimmil. Are your HP right? Start at 52, -24 from ogre, +12 from Atol = 40 HP.

Dyrant still to go.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3, Init 29

Dyrant will charge his hand with divine-ish energy and 5' step and touch Glim.

No sense taking chances.

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8 Healing


The ogre finally misses as it swings at Glimmil again.

Recap end of Round 3, Start of Round 4
Atol = 7 - (I19) hit
Dyrant = 29 (J19) - heal
Finneas = 23 - Dead
Toffitt = 18 (O19) - hit
Glimmil = 17 (L19) - hit & hit
Ogre 1 Dead
Ogre 2 (7, 1, 4, 10, 11*, 7 = 40 dmg)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 122d8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6) + 9 = 17

Party is up.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 5, Init 17 {>L21}

Toffitt strikes out at the un-ogre defensively, then deliberately provokes an attack by walking around it. Assuming he is not struck dead, he urges Glimmil, "Move to where I was standing, so that we can catch its flank."

If it manages to hit him, Toffitt instantly heals 5hp as his echoes of lycanthropy kick in.

Painlord, methinks you meant Round 4 in your last post.

Status:

*Fighting defensively*
AC 25
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +9 Will +2
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Expeditious retreat
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Dueling blade 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 4 = 23
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

5,751 to 5,800 of 13,666 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.