Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


5,601 to 5,650 of 13,634 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>

Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"If we're going to take a break, and it does seem like a good idea, we should do it at the surface and send the wands we've found so far back to the church."

"Dyrant, why don't you and the good Doctor take the wands back while the rest of us stand guard."

"Also, one of the spells I've obtained is Magic Vestment. It takes the power of St. Cuthbert and temporarily (hours) improves the protection of a suit of armor or shield. Who is most in need of such protection? Might as well practice the spell before praying for another. Maybe Dyrant or Doctor Toffitt in case you meet any ruffians on the road."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt gives a knowing, kind look to Dyrant. "Atol, Dyrant will need to stay here, so that he can inform others if Cuthbert's protection falls off of one of us. I suggest you or Glimmil join me."

Does Atol just not get that Dyrant won't enter the church? Or is he more wily than I suspected?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant's eyes narrow at Atol.

Try to be nice. He's using all the brain he has.

"Uh, thank you, Atol...for your thought. I would prefer to rest and recover. My connection with Angel and St. Cuthbert needs to be renewed so that we may enjoy the manifestations of his divine will."

Dyrant begins to gather up his stuff for a trip to the top of the lake chamber.

"I believe we have more time before the entire city drowns, however if someone else wants to carry a wand back, I would not object."

* * *
Dyant goes to the top lift and begins to make camp inside the upper control room. If someone wishes to go back, please do. Dyrant prepares to make a watch schedule depending on who decides to go back.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"I'll stand guard with Dyrant, since I can see without light and Dyrant needs time to rest. Atol maybe you could get some soup for him to regain his strength while you're in town? We have 5 of the wands, we were supposed to get 8, so we're almost half done in just a few hours."

Finneas beams at his complicated mathematics, eyeing Dyrant for a used scroll he can use to wipe the sweat off his forehead.

"Maybe while you're there you can pick up some soap and I'll try to wash this mark off my face? Oh, it's gone. Well, don't worry about the soap then."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt jots down the image of Finneas' mark in the margins of his formulae book, for later investigation. Is it the letter A in some other language?


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Very well, then Doctor Toffitt and I will go. Finneas, I'll cast the Magic Vestment on your armor. Hold still.*"

"Doctor, are you ready? Let's see about getting out of this cave."

*+1 AC enhancement bonus for 5 hours


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant rolls his eyes at Atol.

"Atol, my friend. You need to rest as much as I. We need your 'divine spark'..." Dyrant forces the last two words out, angrily, "...your connection to St. Cuthbert must be maintained Atol if we are to finish our task. You cannot put thoughts of glory ahead of our main task. I insist that you stay and recoup. It is only common sense."

Sometimes sense isn't so common.

Dyrant imagines Atol galloping on assback into a town and passing out wands all willy-nilly, exuberantly thinking he was saving the day. The citizens of Greyhawk stare back at the Cuthbertine in confuzzlement...for the oaf had gotten really lost in the rain.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Oh. I see. OK. Thanks Dyrant for the help! So then who should go with the good Doctor? We should send two. Glimmil?"

Dyrant sure is helpful. I have much to learn from him. I should stay near him.

Atol gets closer to Dyrant to watch what he's doing next.


who is going up in the cage? Who is operating the mechanism?


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

I'll operate it.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

I recommend Glimmil, Dyrant and Atol in the first cage trip, and then they trigger the mechanism from the top as Toffitt and Finneas go up.

"Who is least in need of rest if it turns out we don't all get our full eight hours? I could manage, as long as I have time to refresh my mutagen."

Just as a reminder, the divine characters receive new spells at a certain time of day, not after 8 hours of sleep.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant hops in the cage.

"Let's go."

I'm sure nothing will go wrong.


Dyrant, Atol, Glimmil and Cog hop in the cage and begin the slow (10' per round climb to the ledge. About halfway up it jerks to a stop. Up on the ledge, guards with a bow in one hand and a flask in another rush out of the winch house.

rolls:

Perception
Atol1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Cog1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Dyrant 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Glimmil1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Toffitt 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Guards' stealth - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Initiative
Atol1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Dyrant 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Finneas 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Guards - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Initiative
Finneas = 20+
Toffitt = 20
Dyrant = 19
Guards = 18
Glimmil = 13
Atol = 1

From beach to ledge is 90' on the diagonals. Ledge was supposed to be 90' up, but then I'd have to get into weird angles on the spreadsheet for the ascent. People in cage have cover from the cage bars. People on the ledge have cover from the ledge. Surprise round was coming out. Half the party is up.

Map


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 1 Init 20+

Status:

HP = 28/39
AC = 16/9/15
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Rage/day = 0/5
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +8 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 5/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Bless?, Heroism?

GM Chris, ruling on duration of Bless and Heroism? Also, does the rope look sturdy enough to spider climb?

"Doctor, I'll bring them down, run up there and get those guys."

Finneas begins cranking the cage back down.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 19

Are any of the guards the same one we let go earlier?

Heh.

"Angel, I need you. Grant me your wings," Dyrant whispers over his shoulder.

Cast Fly. 1 of 5 minutes.

Dyrant will gingerly step out of the cage...and not fall.

"I trust you, Angel."

Dyrant will move(fly) to AK15 at about 50' up.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 30/30
Weapon Equipped = nothing
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold, Finneas SpiderEater
Fly: 1 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 1 of 10 rounds used


move action to open door. Then, yes, you could climb up and do a tightrope act.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant casts fly and opens the door, 5' stepping out and going prone.

"No, Finn! Keep going! We are not afraid of them!"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Finneas, don't forget the Magic Vestment I cast on you as well...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 20

Toffitt nods. "I'll to my best. I don't split people in two quite as well as you do."

Before he gets on the cable, Toffitt moves out to the water's edge, touches his middle and ring fingers to his palm and intones, "Arak!" Webs shoot out of his hands towards the upper area.

Web spell in the full area of the ledge. DC 14 reflex. Not sure if you would rule that webs hover over dead space, but I think that'd be even cheesier than my Spiderman gesture. :-p


Finneas stares at the controls and then tracks the ropes back to the gears. He tries to find a place to manually crank the winch, but there is nothing to grab onto.

Toffitt tries out the party's new cloak and covers the guards in webs, but they all escape being entangled in it.

Dyrant opens the door to the cage and throws himself to the ground, or in this case the open air in front of the cage based on the revised posting.

It doesn't specify a reflex save, so it's just the minimum I believe, 12 Int and level 2 spell = 13.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 G1 save
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 G2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 G3
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 G4

1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 15 G1, height, cover, range
1d6 ⇒ 1 damage
1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 7 G1, height, cover, range
1d8 ⇒ 7 - miss lands on Dyrant (just splash though)
1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 2 G1, height, cover, range
1d8 ⇒ 5 - miss lands on Atol (just splash)
1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 9 G1, height, cover, range
1d8 ⇒ 8 - drops into lake

Damage direct & splash totals
Glimmil 1+1+1 =3 and still on fire
Atol 1+1=2
Cog 1+1=2
Dyrant 1+1=2

Atol
Round 1
Finneas = 20+ -
Toffitt = 20
Dyrant = 19
Guards = 18
Glimmil = 13
Atol = 1

Round 2
Finneas = 20+
Toffitt = 20
Dyrant = 19
Guards = 18

You don't recognize any of the guards.
Heroism and magic vestment would still be up.
Sturdiness of rope? Engineering?

New Map

Party is up starting with Glimmil.


Oops. Those were alchemist fire thrown.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Blasted guards!" Glimmil mumbles as he sits atop Cog like a sitting duck.

He reaches out to stop Dyrant from falling to his death, but stands amazed as the "priest" floats away on the wind.

Nice trick, I wonder if my God would magically hold me aloft like that if I stepped out?

Glimmil eyes the drop, considers the matter for a moment, then decides better of it.

Is he on fire in such a way he needs to extinguish it? If so he'll spend his action putting out the fire.

If he doesn't need to put himself out, he'll start whirling his sling around at fire at any guard he can.

Glimmil (sling): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for 1d3 ⇒ 1

Hot 1's.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 19

Dyrant harrumphs triumphantly as he does not fall.

St. Cuthbert doth favor me! Thank you, Angel!

Dyrant flies (double moves) to AW22 at a height of 75' or so.

Dyrant's hand reaches for the last bead on his necklace seeing the opportunity to burn his webbed foes with fire, but pulls it away.

No. My angel needs this bead. I would have him study it and ask St. Cuthbert to unlock similar power within me.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17 and Prone
HP: 28/30
Weapon Equipped = nothing
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold, Finneas SpiderEater
Fly: 1 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 2 of 10 rounds used


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Status:

HP = 28/39
AC = 21/11/20
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Rage/day = 0/5
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +8 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 5/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Magic Vestment, Heroism

K. Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

I guess I had assumed the Doctor took the slippers and I had the cloak back. Since that's not the case and Dyrant probably has the slippers, I'll continue to examine the mechanism and my fingernails.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 1, Location AN24

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 30/32
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Conditions = Bless
Channel Energy Left: 0/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 4/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)
3) Prayer

Atol wishes he had a spiritual cudgel left, but failing that, he draws and loads his crossbow.

"Dyrant, give your boots to Glimmil so he can join the fracas!"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 20

"Finneas, do you want the cloak? I could fire arrows if you prefer to climb."

Although it will take Finneas quite a while to climb...

Toffitt delays, pending Finneas response.

Also, Chris, here's the pertinent Web text for purposes of cover, etc.

Web:

Anyone in the effect's area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is inside the web but is otherwise unaffected. If the save fails, the creature gains the grappled condition, but can break free by making a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as a standard action against the DC of this spell. The entire area of the web is considered difficult terrain. Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell's DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter.

If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.

The strands of a web spell are flammable. A flaming weapon can slash them away as easily as a hand brushes away cobwebs. Any fire can set the webs alight and burn away one 5-foot square in 1 round. All creatures within flaming webs take 2d4 points of fire damage from the flames.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant does not have the slippers. The doctor does...or should.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs
Dyrant wrote:
Dyrant does not have the slippers. The doctor does...or should.

I will await GM Chris's ruling about whether this is so. Though I assume we would not retcon the web, which means Toffitt still also has the cloak.


Round 1 recap
Glimmil = 13 - tries putting out flames
Atol = 1 - loads crossbow
Round 2
Finneas = 20+ - Exercises his massive intellect
Toffitt = 20 - Still to go.
Dyrant = 19 - Double fly
Guards = 18

@Glimmil. Full round action to put out the alchemist fire. Considering the roll of a 1 on the attack, I'm taking that as a failed reflex save to put out the flames.

@Finneas. Didn't realize you actually had Engineering. You can figure out how to override the mechanism. Would you like to make the lift go up or down?

RE: Web: I see the webs as covering the ledge at angle like a tent side. Hence, the guards aren't blocked from viewing the party or being viewed by the pary.

RE: Slippers. Anyone, but Cog can have them. Finneas would actually make sense assuming Toffitt has the cloak.

Guards actions coming.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 20 cont'd {> AM25}

Assuming at this point that Finneas has the slippers. I'll give the cloak back after this fight...?

Toffitt begins climbing up the rope, ending his move adjacent to the cage's top.


Round 2/3

Trapped in the cage, Glimmil finds putting out the fire quite difficult. He burns for a few more seconds before the flames flicker out. A couple guards on the ledge bounce arrows off his armor. The other two guards fire at Dyrant and one manages to hit him.

rolls:

Perception
Atol1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Cog1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Dyrant 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Glimmil1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Toffitt 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

1d6 ⇒ 4 2nd round of alchemist fire damage to Glimmil.

1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 17 G1 at Glimmil
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 6 G2 at Glimmil
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 14 G3 at Dyrant
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 18 G4 at Dyrant. Hit.
I'm not going for prone & flying. There's no ground making you more difficult to hit. Gave you cover from wall though.
1d6 ⇒ 6 - damage to Dyrant

New Map

Party up
Finneas has two actions of manipulating the gears. Toffitt has last round plus this round.

Round 2
Glimmil = 13
Atol = 1
Round 3
Finneas = 20+
Toffitt = 20
Dyrant = 19
Guards = 18


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 &3

Status:

HP = 28/39
AC = 21/11/20
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Rage/day = 0/5
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +8 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 5/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Magic Vestment, Heroism

Hah, I put one point to reflect my work on the new City Gate! Who knew that was going to come in handy. Doctor, if you have the cloak it makes sense for Finneas to wear the slippers (maybe under his boots? Ugh.) and then we'll swap back.

Finneas works out the mechanism and cranks his companions closer to the enemy.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 20 {>AP22)

Toffitt taps himself with his wand and continues moving towards the bandits.

Status:

AC 22 (23 crowd control)
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +7 Will +2
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen USED (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 40 charges
Spontaneous healing 5hp of 10hp used


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 1, Location AN24

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 30/32
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Conditions = Bless
Channel Energy Left: 0/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 4/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)
3) Prayer

Atol takes careful aim at the archer who hit Dyrant and fires!

Crossbow 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 for 1d8 ⇒ 8 points of damage.

...but apparently the lurching of the cage prevented 'careful' aim.

Atol reloads the crossbow and considers other options.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3, Init 19

Dyrant just shakes his head at Atol's query.

What? I ain't giving my shoes to no one...unless they are soulless. Like a vampire. Or really poor. Neither of which describes the rest of my party. That goofy Atol...my shoes are way too big for Glim.

Dyrant will stealthy 5' flap to AV22 at 80' up and begin casting a full round spell SMIII.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Stealth

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 28/30
Weapon Equipped = nothing
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold, Finneas SpiderEater
Fly: 1 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 3 of 10 rounds used


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 2, Init 13

Now no longer burning, Glimmil drops a bullet into his sling and let's it fly at the nearest guard.

Sling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 for 1d3 ⇒ 2

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 41/52
AC 24
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 0/4

Cog Status:
HP 33/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

I believe slings get STR bonus to damage.


Finneas moves the cage closer to the ledge. Glimmil and Atol try to fire at the guards from within the cage, but find it quite difficult. The guards take some shots at Glimmil and Dyrant. One catches Dyrant as he talks to his angel. Will the angel answer his prayers?

RECAP
Round 2
Glimmil = 13 - Misses
Atol = 1 misses
Round 3
Finneas = 20+ - Moves cage another 10' (10' last round) closer to top (still 20' away)
Toffitt = 20 - Shields, moves up to AP22
Dyrant = 19 - starts casting
Guards = 18

1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 12 G1 at Glimmil
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 9 G2 at Glimmil
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 11 G3 at Dyrant
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 21 G4 at Dyrant
1d6 ⇒ 5 - Damage to Dyrant and a concentration check.

No new map.

Party up

Round 3
Glimmil = 13
Atol = 1
Round 3
Finneas = 20+
Toffitt = 20
Dyrant = 19
Guards = 18


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 1, Location AN24

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 30/32
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Conditions = Bless
Channel Energy Left: 0/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 4/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)
3) Prayer

Atol grudgingly reloads his crossbow and takes aim again, this time hoping for a hit.

Crossbow 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19 for 1d8 ⇒ 1 points of damage.

Steady, steady, breath, fire!


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3, Init 19

1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 = 22 Concentration check vs. DC 18 (10+5+3)

Dyrant continues to say the spellprayer of summoning despite the arrow he has earned for his efforts.

How dare that one interrupt a high prayer!

Summon Monster III: Celestial Battle Aurochs! into AS:AT/16:17.

CBA!:

AC 13, touch 9, flat-footed 13 (+4 natural, -1 size)
hp 22 (3d8+9)
Fort +6 , Ref +3, Will +1

Speed 40 ft.
Melee gore +7 (1d8+9)
Special Attack stampede, trample (2d6+9, DC 17), Smite evil/good
Base Atk +2; CMB +9; CMD 19 (23 vs trip)

Dyrant stares angrily at the one who would dare shoot him while casting.

(7 rounds/1round on Will save DC 16) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its defenses.

Dyrant gives angelic commands to the CBA!

Celestial:

"Bull Angel! Take that one there, PUSH HIM!" Dyrant says, indicating jerk G4.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Bull rush vs CMD of G4 (at -2 for hex)

Provokes an AoO from the bow wielding G4.

Dyrant will 5' flap out of sight. AW22.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 22/30
Weapon Equipped = nothing
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold, Finneas SpiderEater
Fly: 1 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 4 of 10 rounds used


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 20 {>AS19}

Dyrant, the celestial auroch will need to make a Reflex save for Web.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Hearing that Dyrant is summoning celestial aid, Toffitt moves up on the bandits and waits to lash out at the G4, hoping for flank.

Status:

AC 22 (23 crowd control)
HP 37/37
Fort +7 Reflex +7 Will +2
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen USED (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 40 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
1 Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 41 charges
Spontaneous healing 0hp of 10hp used

Dueling blade 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 24 flank, crowd control
1d8 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (5, 1) = 13


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Reflex vs. web

Summoned into the webbing, the Celestial Battle Aurochs quickly gets mired.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 3, Init 13

With little else to do, Glimmil fires another bullet at the guards.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 for 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 41/52
AC 24
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 0/4

Cog Status:
HP 33/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 4 Init 20+

Status:

HP = 28/39
AC = 21/11/20
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Rage/day = 0/5
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +8 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 5/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Magic Vestment, Heroism

I feel heroic!

Finneas cranks the cage 10' closer.

Hmmmm.


Glimmil and Atol are unable to sneak a shot in past the ledge and webbing, but Toffitt waits for the appearance of his flanking buddy. The guard's mouth gapes open as the auroch appears behind him. His mouth then fills with blood as Toffitt cuts him deeply.

The guards drop their bows and draw their rapiers. Two of the guards stab at the auroch while the guards facing Glimmil and Toffitt stab them. One guard is able to stab the auroch while another guard gets his revenge on Toffitt with a good stab.

RECAP
Round 3
Glimmil = 13 - miss
Atol = 1 - miss
Round 4
Finneas = 20+ - Acts heroicly
Dyrant = 19 - Finishes summon, Hex, G4's save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Toffitt = 18+ - Hits
Guards = 18

Assuming the party delays until Finneas finishes cranking the cage to the top, this moves Glimmil and Atol to Round 5. I altered the map slightly to avoid some overlap and confusion. The cage door is open and Glimmil is face to face with G3. Toffitt is essentially on top of the cage, but within melee range.

G1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
G2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 - no confirm
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - Dmg to auroch
G3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
G4 (-13) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 - no confirm
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 - Dmg to Toffitt

Round 5
Finneas = 20+++
Glimmil = 20++
Atol = 20+
Dyrant = 19
Toffitt = 18+
Guards = 18

New Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Initiative 20, Location AR20

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 30/32
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Conditions = Bless
Channel Energy Left: 0/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 4/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)
3) Prayer

Atol sees that we're finally all together, "Thank you Finneas - now come join us!" and casts Prayer.*

"Take that evil do-ers!"

* +1 to hit/damage/saves/skills for us, -1 to hit/damage/saves/skills for them (luck bonus).


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 5 Init 20+++

Status:

HP = 28/39
AC = 21/11/20
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Rage/day = 0/5
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +8 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 5/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Magic Vestment, Heroism

Finneas finishes cranking the cage to the top.

"I'm a hero!"

Now, where are my slippers?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 5 Init 20++

Realizing he is now standing face-to-face with a guard with nothing but a sling in his hand, Glimmil drops said sling and grabs for what he can quickest - The Big One.

Fight with combat-trained mount (Ride DC10): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Glimmil attack (axe, power, prayer): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Glimmil damage (axe, power): 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Cog attack (bite, power, prayer): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 41/52
AC 21
Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 0/4

Cog Status:
HP 33/35
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 5, Init 19

Dyrant will fly to AP17 and give G2 a stern glare.

"You would stab an angelic beast?! How dare you!"

(7 rounds/1round on Will save DC 16) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its defenses.

Celestial:

"Bull Angel! Take that one there, PUSH HIM!" Dyrant says, indicating jerk G2.

1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 24 Bull rush vs CMD of G2 (at -2 for hex, -1 for prayer) off the ledge

This provokes an AoO from G2.

Celestial Aurochs stats:

AC 13, touch 9, flat-footed 13 (+4 natural, -1 size)
hp 20/22 (3d8+9)
Fort +6 , Ref +3, Will +1

Speed 40 ft.
Melee gore +7 (1d8+9)
Special Attack stampede, trample (2d6+9, DC 17), Smite evil/good
Base Atk +2; CMB +9; CMD 19 (23 vs trip)

Round 2 of 5

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 22/30
Weapon Equipped = nothing
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold, Finneas SpiderEater
Fly: 1 of 5 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 4 of 10 rounds used
Aurochs: 2 of 5 used

Edit: Just re-read Bull Rush

I guess I can also make an attempt on G1 at a -4 penalty.

1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 17 Bull rush vs CMD of G1 (-1 for prayer) off the ledge


Two guards are flipped backward over the ledge. Their arms flail at the air and the webbing gives them the look of some strange flying aberation. The illusion is short lived as they crash into the water. They both surface and frantically look about.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 save
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 AoO
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Reflex save to grab ledge (DC 20 for future reference)
2d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + (4, 5) = 12 - falling damage into water

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 AoO
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Reflex save to grab ledge (DC 20 for future reference)
2d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + (4, 5) = 13 - falling damage into water

1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 1 = 18 swim
1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 1 = 15 swim

5,601 to 5,650 of 13,634 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.