Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


5,351 to 5,400 of 13,320 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 3, Init 22

Nope, no flank once you leave—Glimmil is holding his hammer, not lance. But still flank for this round.

Dr. Toffitt, entangled, strikes out defensively at the large spider.

Status:

**entangled
AC 23 (24 multiple foes) / touch 14 (+3 fighting defensively, -2 dex penalty)
HP 31/31
Fort +6 Reflex +6 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 30 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
- Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 42 charges

Dueling blade 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 (+8 normal, +1 bless, +1 crowd control, +2 flank, -4 entangle, -4 fight defensively)
1d8 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 1 + (2, 1) = 12
confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Round 3 Recap
Toffitt = 22 - Kills large spider
Glimmil/Cog = 17 - Cog chews on webs. Tasty!
Finneas = 14 - Moves to hallway
Dyrant = 13 - Heals Finneas
Atol = 12 (readied from last round) heals Finneas
Spiders = 7 -

The spiders swarm over the entangled Toffitt, one being directly above him.

S1 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
S2 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
S3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
S4 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
1d6 ⇒ 4 Damage plus a fort save
S5 & S6 - dead, dead

Party is up for Round 4

New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Fort save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 fort +6 +2 v. poison

I'm preparing myself for like a year's worth of bad rolls...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 4, Init 22

Toffitt readies to fight defensively once he has flank, striking out at whichever spider he ends up flanking. "Finneas, if you are feeling better, I would be most grateful for your help flanking these little, er, buggers. Dyrant, a modicum of fire might be helpful. Just a modicum, please."

Status:

**entangled
AC 23 (24 multiple foes) / touch 14 (+3 fighting defensively, -2 dex penalty)
HP 27/31
Fort +6 Reflex +4 Will +2
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen USED (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 30 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
- Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 42 charges

Attack roll if he gets flank—don't peek!:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d8 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (1, 5) = 12


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 4, Init 13

Dyrant looks at Finneas.

"You okay there? Remember the cloak will help you against the spider's venom, not you offering your limbs for them to bite."

Dyrant will renew the Blessing of St. Cuthbert on Cog and move to S48 to keep an eye on the passage to Room 27.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17
HP: 24/24
Weapon Equipped = loaded XBow
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = Glim Garlgold, Finneas SpiderEater


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 4

Glimmil and Cog continue to smash and chew at the webs holding them fast and away from combat.

Fight with combat-trained mount (Ride DC10, -2 due to entangled): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 11

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, entangled, bless): 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 21
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

If Glimmil's hit manages to free us, then Cog will instead go bite on a spider... (also don't factor in the -2 penalty for Cog)

Cog attack (bite, power, entangled, bless): 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 23
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Cog crit (bite, power, entangled, bless): 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 22
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Cog trip (entangled): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 + 1 = 18

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 38/42
AC 24
Lay Hands Left Today: 0/4

Cog Status:
HP 28/28
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 12, Location S48

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 27/27
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel, Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)

Assuming Finneas delays, Atol will use the last wand charge (relax, he has another wand!) to heal him. Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5. He'll then drop the wand and takes out his crossbow.

If Finneas does not delay, then Atol puts away the wand and takes out his crossbow.


Round 4 Recap
Toffitt = 22 - Readies for flank
Glimmil/Cog = 17 - Cog chews on webs. Tasty!
Dyrant = 13 - Wards Cog, pulls out crossbow as he moves to S48
Atol = 12 - Heals Finneas a second time, drops wand. Stays in R48 since Dyrant beat him to S48.
Finneas = 11 - Still to go. Delay for healing from Atol is assumed.
Spiders = 7 - Still to go.

Glimmil chops away the rest of the webs and Cog takes them foward to attack the small spiders. Will need a fresh reflex save moving into new webbing. Assuming he makes it they get to O-50 to provide the flank with Toffitt. Toffitt would then take down S2, which would allow Cog to bite S3 (not enough to take it down though).

New Map assuming Glimmil and Cog don't get entangled as they enter O-49.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 4 Init 11

Status:

HP = 24/31
AC = 20/11/20 (22/11/22 w/ Shield)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +7 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

"Thank you all."

Finneas moves back into the fight.

Greatsword Power Attack @S3
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 6) + 9 = 19


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Cog Reflex (with Ward): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Whew! Just barely. <3 that OP Ward!


Round 4 - Spiders

The remaining two spiders try for Toffitt.
S1 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
S4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

As Dyrant stares to the east, Atol looks down the hallway and gets a good view of the hideous purple creature that covers him in webs. It walks upright like a man, but its face is that of a spider, and its hands are sickle-shaped claws. He gets an even better look at the second one that rushes up and bites him.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22 - web

DC's to escape:
Escape artist 15, webbing has only 4 HP, but DR 5/-

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 - bite
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 - plus a FORT save DC 15 or 1d2 ⇒ 1 Dex damage
Considering these are thrown webs and not part of a larger anchored web, I'm going with the entangled, but not immobile condition. An entangled creature takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty on Dexterity, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run.

Ditto for Toffitt. He can move half speed unless he becomes entangled in the large web while getting out of the room. I've also removed the one square that Cog chewed through, P-48.

Finally, despite my misconception, there seems to be nothing against a 5' step while entangled.

DC 14 Dungeoneering:
Ettercap

Party up for Round 5

New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 5, Init 17+ {>P53}

Toffitt steps back against the wall and strikes out at the spider on the ground next to him.

Status:

**entangled
AC 20 (21 multiple foes) / touch 11
HP 27/31
Fort +6 Reflex +4 Will +2
Weapon Equipped: Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped: Shield spell
Mutagen USED (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 30 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
- Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 42 charges

Curve Blade 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 5, Init 13

This ain't good. One one to do...

"FINNNNEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!" Dyrant shouts loudly. "We got another one here and it wants to eat our Atol!"

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Know (Dungeoneering)

I think it's some sort of yellow musk treant.

Dyrant confronts the creature from his covered square.

"You will honor the Cudgel and submit!"

Dyrant holds forth his holy symbol and murmurs the spellprayer Command, hoping to get the beast to 'flee'.

Cast Command to flee, will save DC 15.

Dyrant will take a 5' step back.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Initiative 12, Location R48->S48

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 22/27
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel, Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)

Fortitude save vs poison 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19 vs DC 15

Atol, covered in webs, lashes out wildly at his attacker as he backs away (5' step) to S48.

Cudgel 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 = 20 for 1d8 ⇒ 8 points of damage.

"I don't know what they are, but they're big and nasty! Ugh"

Apparently Atol panics well...


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23- save vs. command.


Doctor Abner Svengalu Toffitt wrote:

Round 5, Init 17+ {>P53}

Toffitt steps back against the wall and strikes out at the spider on the ground next to him.

Moving doesn't seem to gain you anything and will cause you to make another reflex save. Don't let it stop you though.

Toffitt slashes one of the small spiders, but it continues to stand.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds
GM_Chris wrote:
1d20+6- save vs. command.

Well, Atol's a goner... Dyrant thinks as he begins to look for a new, more suitable, priest of St. Cuthbert to mentor.

Dyrant's eyes fall to a partially webbed rock on the ground.

Hmmm...that might be one...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

But I wanted to make your job more interesting, GM Chris. And give the others their shot at glory.

Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

I succeeded!


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 5 Init 11

Status:

HP = 24/31
AC = 20/11/20 (22/11/22 w/ Shield)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +7 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

"I like this cloak, wish I was faster."

Finneas moves back to help Atol.

Move to R48 and Greatsword Power Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12


Toffitt takes a side step and manages to snag his current cloak of webs with the rest of the webs and finds himself anchored to the floor.

Finneas rushes back to the tunnel to find the purple spider on two legs. He cuts deeply into it with his greatsword, but it still stands there ready to return the favor.

Glimmil still to go. Stuck between helping Toffitt and Finneas and possibly stuck in the webs again once he moves.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"We're free, Cog! Free! Free of the sticky webs at last!" Glimmil cheers as he moves his limbs, stray remnants of sticky webbing flowing from them like some sort of fancy gnomish shawl that his grand-grandmother might wear to a gnomish tea party.

Glimmil gives his hammer a few well balanced swings before he realizes only a lone spider remains to harass Toffitt.

"Well, uh. This room's pretty much secure. Cog - off to save Atol then!"

Glimmil and Cog dash back into the webbing with a look of determination as they zig and zag back to the Cutherbertian-Cudgel-Cousins.

Glimmil Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Cog Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Move action to Q,48 while stowing the hook-hammer, and then using a standard action to fetch the lance from the ground.

"You're saved Atol... oh, hey Finneas, you're already here! Oh, look Purple Spider People!"


S1 (-10) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
S4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
E1 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 8 = 13 - Web touch attack at Glimmil
E2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 - Bite
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 - Damage and FORT save DC 15 or 1d2 ⇒ 2 DEX damage (not spider poison)
E2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 - Claw
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Damage
E2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 - Claw

The monster in the back spits webs at Glimmil and entangles him. The other monster bites and claws Finneas before taking a 5' step back.

Atol finds that the poison from the bite is rather strong and still flows through him. Another FORT save or 1d2 ⇒ 2 DEX damage.

On a side note. Dyrant's talk of drinking poison without harm tricked my brain. The bonus is only +2, not immunity. I'm not going to backtrack to the prior poison hits on Finneas though. "gains a +2 luck bonus on all Fortitude saves against poison from spiders."

New Map

Party up for Round 6
Toffitt = 22 - Entangled/anchored
Glimmil/Cog = 17 - Glimmil entangled
Dyrant = 13 -
Atol = 12 - Entangled
Finneas = 11 -
Spiders = 7 -


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Round 6, Init 22

Toffitt strikes out defensively at the injured spider next to him.

"Not quite finished in here yet. I seem to be affixed to the surrounding webbing..."

Status:

**entangled
AC 23 (24 multiple foes) / touch 14
HP 27/31
Fort +6 Reflex +4 Will +2
Weapon Equipped: Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped: Shield spell
Mutagen USED (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 30 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
- Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 42 charges

Dueling blade 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


While not as graceful as usual, Toffitt still manages to finish off one of the two spiders next to him.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 6, Init 13

Dyrant moves to R47.

Dyrant holds his holy symbol up again, trying to shake the confidence of the purple yellow musk treant (E2, R50).

"Stand down before the Cudgel!"

(7 rounds/1round on Will save DC 16) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its AC.

"Go git 'em, Finn."


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 6 Init 11

Status:

HP = 14/31
AC = 20/11/20 (22/11/22 w/ Shield)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +7 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Bless

Fort Save DC 15 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Finneas steps forward and strikes the beast.

"I'll try Dyrant."

5' step Greatsword Power Attack Bless @ E2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 132d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 - Save, but the -2 this round is enough to allow Finneas to hit.

"Cursssssssee you priesssst!!!"

The monster falls to Finneas's blade.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"I just... aarrrRRgh." Glimmil groans as he struggles against the latest webbing, his comment cut off by his frustration.

The gnome works with his mount yet again to break the sticky adhesive, once again dropping his lance to use his gnomish tool-weapon.

Fight with combat-trained mount (Ride DC10, -2 due to entangled): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 11

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, entangled): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 = 15
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Cog attack (bite, power, entangled): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 2 = 18
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 38/42
AC 24
Lay Hands Left Today: 0/4

Cog Status:
HP 28/28
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


I'm assuming Cog and Glimmil are rushing up to the 2nd Ettercap.


The last spider bites at Toffitt, but can't penetrate the invisble shield protecting him.

The Ettercap's fangs close around Glimmil's neck and cut deeply, but its claws clank off the armor. The ettercap then takes a 5' step back.

Atol delays, but still has a FORT save to make from last round and another this round if he fails.

Finneas needs to make his 2nd save vs. the poison too.

Spider at Toffitt
S4 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Ettercap at Glimmil
E1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 bite
E1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 confirm
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11 damage plus DC 15 FORT save or 1d2 ⇒ 1 DEX damage
E1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 claw
E1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 claw

Party up for Round 7
New Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 6, Initiative 12, Location S48->R48

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 22/27
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel, Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)

Atol 5' steps to Finneas and draws another wand. He uses it to Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Second Fortitude save vs poison 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 7, Initiative 12, Location R48

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 22/27
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel, Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)

"Sorry Finneas, the wand is not doing as well as I'd like. Here's another hit before you go..."

Atol wands Finneas again with a Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Round 7, Init 20

Dyrant will move to R50 and show the ettercap his holy symbol.

"Stand down or be struck down by the Cudgel!"

(7 rounds/1round on Will save DC 16) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its AC.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Round 7 Init 11

Status:

HP = 26/31
AC = 20/11/20 (22/11/22 w/ Shield)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +7 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Bless

I should be ok if I made the first save yes? Poison

"Thank you Atol."

Finneas moves forward and attempts to protect Cog from the second purple treant.

Move to S51 Greatsword Power Attack Bless
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 102d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16


Finneas Glenn wrote:
I should be ok if I made the first save yes? Poison

No official word--what a surprise--but after reading discussions I agree with you based on the disease logic on onset versus cure.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 - Save vs. Dyrant


Round 7 so far
Toffitt = 22 - Entangled/anchored - Still to go
Glimmil/Cog = 17 - Glimmil entangled - Still to go
Dyrant = 13 - Hex
Atol = 12 - Entangled - CLW on Finneas
Finneas = 11 - misses if there's space. I'm thinking Glimmil might move in
Spiders = 7 -


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Are Glimmil and Cog still entangled? You had an earlier assumption we rushed up to the 2nd ettercap, so I'm posting as if we are able to move.

Fort Save DC15 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

"Ow! Mister Spider-pants, that isn't nice!"

Remembering Finneas' magic cloak, he adds, "Be careful or Finneas will eat you!"

Having the suspicion that Finneas would instead step up and swing his greatsword and some divine belief that the half-orc would miss should he do so, Glimmil and Cog ride forward to see if they can dispatch the ettercap.

Fight with combat-trained mount (Ride DC10): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, bless): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Cog attack (bite, power, bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Cog trip (bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 29/42
AC 24
Lay Hands Left Today: 0/4

Cog Status:
HP 28/28
AC 22 (Dyrant's Ward)


Cog rushes forward with the half-cocooned Glimmil on his back. Together they manage to kill the remaining ettercap.

Glimmil was entangled, but not anchored like Toffitt. I'm going to call the battle though as the ettercap dies and Toffitt and gang should be able to quickly dispatch the remaining spider.


New Map

Perception checks
Perception
Atol1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Dyrant 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Glimmil1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Toffitt 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

After killing the last spider, Toffitt will notice a ball of webbing nearby. Inside are 620 gp, 4 pearls, and

Scroll Spellcraft DC 16:
Summon Monster I

Potion Spellcraft DC 20:
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance

Wand Spellcraft DC 16:
Burning hands (23 charges)


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant harrumphs the slaying of the last purple spider beast.

Heh.

"I guess we need to search that spider room for the wands, eh? No telling where they might be. Finneas, might I borrow your cloak for a moment?"

Assuming Finneas allows, Dyrant will put the cloak on, cast Detect Magic and go do a thorough search of the room.

Dyrant will take 20+4 Perception = 24 in the room, looking for stuff.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

"Sure Dyrant. What were those things."

Looks like you got ninja'd Dyrant.

Spellcraft on the 3 items if Dyrant doesn't identify them.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"I recognize the first two but not the third."


All "stuff" listed already.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Lol...and I got ninja'd by Chris. Hilarious.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 Spellcraft Scroll
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Spellcraft Potion
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 Spellcraft Wand

"It's a wand of gouting fire," Dyrant answers Finneas. "Mostly useless to us, but favored by showmen in carnivals and lesser casters who lack the divine backing of those like me."

...Blessed be Angel, servant of St. Cuthbert...


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Who's injured?"

Atol uses the wand of cure light wounds on Glimmil:
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Atol uses the wand of cure light wounds on Finneas:
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Atol uses the wand of cure light wounds on himself:
Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Doctor, are you in need of healing? FInneas, do you need further aid?"

"Dyrant, did you find any more of the wands we seek? Gouting Fire is nice, but we really need weather control. Although... can the fire burn off a lot of water? Maybe we could use it to lower the water level of the lake!"

Atol gets excited at the idea of the party burning off the lake.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

"The potion lets you see things that aren't there"
Female voice: Things that are elsewhere
Male voice: Well if they're elsewhere they're not here are they?

Finneas eyes cross a little as his voice drifts off. Shaking his head after a moment, he looks back to Dyrant.

"Whatever Clairaudience/Clairvoyance are, that potion does it. And the scroll brings things that aren't here to here. Like, dogs and mules and 3 cats."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant puts the items in his haversack.

"Finneaa, the webs do not affect you very much. Would you mind checking out this room here?"

Dyrant points to room 27.

"It will just take a moment."

Dyrant follows and casts Detect Magic...trying for a quick scan of the room for magic/wands.

* * *

When that is done, Dyrant lines up, prepared for Room 31, from where the ettercaps came.

More webs, I suppose.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

"Ok, I'll take a look."

Finneas moves into the room, looking about and casting a quick cantrip.

Detect Magic and Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt cuts his way through the webbing. Try as he might, he cannot suppress a bit of feline peevishness about the webs clinging to his hair. Lick, paw, lick, paw.

"What was all of the screaming in the hall? Ah, purple spider folk." He sniffs at the bodies of the spiders and ettercaps. Taking out his surgeon's tools, he attempts to harvest their poison sacs.

Once he is done, Toffitt helps his comrades search for concealed doors.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 in main room. Damned webbing. Messing up my hair...

Yes to healing please. Down 4hp.


A bit awkward but I'm going to do a level ding here to alleviate any guilt I have about killing you all. I was looking at the big picture and you have fallen a bit behind the power curve--although you wouldn't know it from the mop ups here.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol steps over to Doctor Toffitt and uses the wand to Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6.

I'm confused, as is Atol. Do you want us to level to 5 now?

5,351 to 5,400 of 13,320 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.