Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP


1,051 to 1,086 of 1,086 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Sumac, a druid can direct his companion with a swift action. That leaves you with a standard. Not to mention Grip's whole turn

Gripper bursts inside and attacks the fleeing gillman at his masters call.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Bite 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Sumac wrote:
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Sumac, a druid can direct his companion with a swift action. That leaves you with a standard. Not to mention Grip's whole turn

Gripper bursts inside and attacks the fleeing gillman at his masters call.

Attack 1d20+4
Bite 1d6+2

Does Grip get +1 from the chanting too?

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Initiative Repost

Fel ⇒ 20
Dagnud = 18
Harnac = 18
Baddies = 14
Sumac = 7
Chud ⇒ 2

Autopilot Chud: Chud moves forward slightly, trying to ensure the Bartender is within range, then he places his gnarly finger alongside where his nose should have been and cackles in a disturbing way. Hex - Slumber on the Bartender.

A witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep, as per the spell sleep. The creature receives a Will save to negate the effect. If the save fails, the creature falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to the witch’s level. This hex can affect a creature of any HD. The creature will not wake due to noise or light, but others can rouse it with a standard action. This hex ends immediately if the creature takes damage.

Fel continues his chant.

Dagnud!


My apologies for low quality posting the last day or so. I'm at my PC and ready to GO.

Explanation Fel was looking for:
There are two artifacts. Nester was to negotiate a trade. The one you brought is certified "real" and the gillmen just failed at pulling the ol'switcharoo. The artifact on the table was the fake. The one in Nester's hand was real.

Heeding his master's call the wolf bounds into the tavern. Flying through scattering patrons like a flood through the street, Gripper hones in on the threat. Teeth puncture flesh, and the Gillman let's out a cry of anguish. Nature kicks in and the loyal companion twists his vice-like bite, trying to tear the enemy down to the floor. Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 The gillman's escape seems doomed for failure, Gripper stands over a foe trying to stand back up...

Meanwhile, Chud summons forth his esoteric power, his haunting voice and focused intent zeroes in on the spellcaster. WILL: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 Unprepared for such an attack, Chud's will is the stronger, and the transmuter crumbles to the floor in a deep sleep. Through gritted teeth the half-orc speaks, "Remember it will last but scant seconds."

Dagnud!


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud moves up to the gillman Gripper is on and tries to finish him off.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9


Dagnud slams the blade all the way through the target's neck!

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel incorporates the instructions to "restrain or kill the bartender" into his chant, directing the words to Harnac and Sumac.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Harnac is up right?


Yes.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

ROUND 2

Oi, gotcha, Keebler!

Hack moves as fast as he can to the sleeping bartender.


The bartender spends the round sleeping, but is already waking up.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

The small druid runs over to bar and directs Gripper as he goes.
even with a double move the short legged halfling can't get there in time, but makes it about as far as Harnac on the map
Gripper however, can move like the wind. When the gillman does awake he (she?) will find a pair of massive wolf jaws inches away growling with a mighty deep growl.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Chud is up

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Autopilot Chud:

Round 2

Chud abruptly stops cackling long enough to scurry over to the far side of the bar. He leans over the polished wood suddenly and gently pulls the edge of his hood back, revealing a furrowed brow over a creepy, leering eye. This blinded eye is fixated squarely on the awakening Gillman, and Chud adds a bit of his otherworldly magic to the gaze and softly whispers, "Boo!"

Cause Fear: The affected creature becomes frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds. If the subject succeeds on a Will save, it is shaken for 1 round.

Acrobatics check to move more than half speed: 1d20 ⇒ 11 <- Success

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Round the Third

Fel continues his chant unabated.

All allies continue to receive a +1 to Attack and Damage rolls.


WILL: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud hustles over towards the bartender.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

ROUND 3

Chugging away, Hack muscles up to the downed fish-face, grips his axe tightly, and with an ear-splitting roar makes a humongous swing . . .

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

. . . that catches the awakening gillguy in the gill-gullet.

Let's see ye try to get up, ya guppy!!


Harnac's blade comes crashing down, severing the head!

We're out of initiative.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

As soon as Fel can see, he secures the real artifact.


...which is only a few seconds later. The patrons have cleared out. It's only the party and a trio of slain gillmen.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Were the gillmen carrying anything interesting, specifically anything about who may have sent them?

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Or a real artifact?


The only one of note is the bartender. She has a couple of potions and a magic wand still stuck in her belt. Within a pouch she has a letter from the Aspis Consortium. Apparently the gillmen had already struck a deal with the Consortium. The gillmen were offered a 100 Gp bonus if they killed the Pathfinder delegation.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Hahahahaha, the bartender never gets Gilled.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Good job guys.

What now? Do we need to get Nestor back to Pathfinder HQ?


Pretty much. Unless you want to do anything social...

As you prepare to return to Absalom, you each find a rolled letter. Each is addressed to you personally. Who it's from is up to you.

You completed all 10 faction missions. Choose your faction, but chose carefully...

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

I want to make my own faction. Who's with me?


ummmm.... Once everyone has chosen one of the 10 official Society factions, I'll send you the next piece of the adventure...


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Shadow Lodge.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Grand Lodge


Harnac:
Loyal Pathfinder,

I see hundreds of new agents rise from mediocrity to find their names scribed upon the very pages of the Pathfinder Chronicles, and I expect you to be among them. Your dedication to the ideals of our esteemed organization and your obedience of the word of the Decemvirate are laudable. In the course of your long and illustrious career, I may ask certain favors of you above and beyond those of your fellow agents. Do these tasks and you will earn not only my favor and that of my fellow venture-captains, but even the notice of the Ten themselves. You will be well rewarded for your allegiance to the Pathfinder Society above all else.

By the Will of the Ten,
Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin

Dagnud:
Servant of the Society,

You doubtless know by now what being a Pathfinder entails, and have seen the danger into which the Decemvirate and their venture-captain lackeys are so willing to send you. I was once a Pathfinder like you, and ever since I was left for dead by my so-called allies after being cursed, I’ve worked to ensure that ordinary Pathfinders are given the rights and respect they deserve. Help us to rub out rogue Shadow Lodge agents who seek only their own gain and power. Make the Shadow Lodge a safe haven for all who have suffered because of the masked few who steer the Society. Work with me and the Shadow Lodge for Pathfinders the world over, and we will ensure that you reap the benefits of your deeds. You will hear from me soon.

In the shadow of the masked ones,
Grandmaster Torch

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Andorran

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Abolitionist, I mean Andoran


Sumac & Fel:
Worthy Pathfinder,

Your recent exploits as an adventuring Pathfinder have greatly impressed me, and I wish to make you an offer. Clearly you value the freedom of every sentient creature and will be a great asset to the Eagle Knights and Andoran as we work to spread democracy throughout the Inner Sea. By defying tyranny and promoting freedom and self-government, we can rise to be the most powerful and influential nation in the world. Look for word from me before your next mission; I will inform you of opportunities to be of further assistance to Andoran while conducting Pathfinder business.

In the name of freedom and democracy,
Major Colson Maldris


So everyone except Jacob has picked (he has the obvious hall pass.) I'll be sending out the signed documents for everyone who hasn't seen me to pick them up.

Everyone should have a TOTAL of 6 Fame. If you haven't spent anything, then also 6 Prestige. Now you have a Faction and MUST pick a faction trait.

Everyone earned 401 Gp for this module and access to some magic items (on your chronicle.)

Finally, everyone now has 3 completed missions, and is therefore level 2.

Post anything you need to in this thread before we sign off and begin a new mission.

1,051 to 1,086 of 1,086 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.