Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP


251 to 300 of 1,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Mister Karela, will us being there an' makin' off with what we wish put us at odds with the law of the city? I'll shave me face smoother'n a baby's arse before I dishonor the Lucridious name with stealin' or the like, and don't ye think different!

Hack is obvously sincere in his desire to keep his nose clean.


My good dwarf, no worries. This is an official Pathfinder mission, and the authorities won't bother us, nor care at all. Now if you decide to do some "discount shopping" at the buildings nearby, that's diffierent.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

HHHrrrrmmmm . .

Hack is obviously dubious

Ifn' this is Official Pathfinder Business, then I'm fer it, as it's why I'm 'ere. But ifn' this ends up being sour, I'll be rite put-out that thar be a black mark on the Lucridious name. Might need to take it out on someone.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel thanks the man and turns to his fellows.
Perhaps we should scout this place out? I doubt we can just walk in like we own the place, although perhaps if there is a guard on duty we might be able to talk to him. Still it would be best I think if we could identify a quiet way in adn avoid any fuss.

While the group discusses, Fel ushers them out the door and heads towards the neighborhood where the warehouse is situated.

He identifies a point about two blocks fro mthe objective and gathers the group around him. This will be called our release point, and in the event there is a problem and we get scattered or separated it will also serve as our rally point.


ummmmm S, you've used the exact module wording 3 times this adventure....

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sumac offers to go forward and do some scouting. He is stealthy and perceptive.
The halfling creeps forward through the streets and alleys to get some eyes on the warehouse. He then takes a stroll to see all sides of it.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Dungeon Master S wrote:
ummmmm S, you've used the exact module wording 3 times this adventure....

...wait, really? I'm swear on the 5 Elements I am not reading ahead!

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

I am inexperienced at being deceitful, underhanded, and shifty...but I will do my best to learn. Fel, I commit myself to your teachings.


No worries.

Sumac:
Perched on the end of a long pier fifteen feet above the water, the warehouse appears to struggle against its own roof, threatening to sag into the bay below. No light shines from the building’s windows and only the movement of gulls and pelicans stirs the scene. Here is a map


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Enough of this sneaking around, let's go get what we came for and be out of here.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

What if Fel were to recon by "drunk guy"? He could stumble up, try the door and probe defenses that way. He could talk his way out of any beligerent guard probably.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Hérwë Felthanilal "Fel" wrote:

What if Fel were to recon by "drunk guy"? He could stumble up, try the door and probe defenses that way. He could talk his way out of any beligerent guard probably.

Sumac agrees w/ the dwarf. Lets just go up and try the door on the pier.

DM, did I see anybody on that boat? Is there a cabin? Could a guard or anyone be hiding on it?


You didn't see anyone, nor anywhere to hide on it.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Oi! I prefer a stand-up fight to all this sneakin' around!

Hack pulls out his crossbow to cover whomever approaches the door. Axe is ready, though, in the other hand.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

With Hack covering me with his crossbow, Sumac and Grip lead the way up to the warehouse. The halfling tries the door...


...and finds it securely barred from the inside. It'd take a pretty solid hit to open.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Assuming there are no cat-sized poisonous spiders in evidence, what about commandeering the boat to move around the south of the building to peek in the other doors?

Failing that, perhaps prying up a window?

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Is there a window to try?
Sumac has little experience with boats but is willing to try something new if the group wants to take the boat for a short trip to the side door.


Sorry Sumac, no windows...

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Sorry Sumac, no windows...

how far off the water is the side door?

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Will that boat carry the weight of our entire party? Maybe we should go two by two or three by three? One person to row the boat back to pick up additional passengers?

DM: Can I appraise the boat to see how sturdy it is?

appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Not with Appraise sadly. Though it looks seaworthy (Profession: Sailor, or Knowledge: Engineering will help.) 3 comfortably, all if you don't mind squeezing with a small chance of falling out.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

What about the height of the door off the water? If there's any climbing involved, Dagnud is going to strongly prefer breaking through the front door...actually, after taking a moment to think, he's going to recommend that either way. Wait a minute...if I were guarding this warehouse, the only reason I'd bar the front and then leave a boat here to get around the side is if the side door was locked...or worse, trapped. I think we should just bust in here.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Gets in boat.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Follows Chud.
Is the boat seaworthy? Knowledge: Engineering 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

The halfling kneels down on the pier next to the boat. He looks to Dagnud, You may be on the right track good dwarf, but let these two try this option before you start vadalizing property.
Sumac looks back to the two tall party members. Sumac will cast off and hop in the boat when the signal is given by Fel or Chud.


It certainly LOOKS sea worthy.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

good enough for me!

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Hérwë Felthanilal "Fel" wrote:
good enough for me!

Okay, the halfling casts off the rope and gives the boat a push away from the dock. Sumac hops over into the boat before the gap gets too big.


Sumac, the boat brings you easily to the water entrance. This set of double doors is unlocked, you think you can easily get them open....if you were taller.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

I'm tall!

If Fel can't reach them himself, he is more than hapy to give Sumac leave to climb up onto his shoulders.


Acrobatics check from the duo to balance and open the doors.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Acrobatics check from the duo to balance and open the doors.

Is Sumac on Fel's shoulders? In case you need a check from Sumac

acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Balancing on Fel's shoulders, Sumac - just barely - keeps his balance and opens the door.

Fel & Sumac:
Darkness fills the warehouse, the ambient light from outside blocked by a filthy, oily film on the structure’s few windows. Darting illumination comes from light reflecting off the water through a splintered hole in the floor. Throughout the warehouse, crates, boxes, and barrels lean against each other in vaguely sorted stacks. A lingering smell indicates some of the contents are certainly spoiled. map

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

With a large smile the halfling gives Chud a thumbs up sign.
[b]Lets get the others.[/dice]


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud will reluctantly get on the boat, grumbling about being on the water for even this brief of a trip.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Are we all in the warehouse now?

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Yes. Search 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

sure, I'm down. Or up. Or over. Or in. Whatever. :-)

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Im not sure exactly how dark it is inside. There is some ambiant light shining in.
If needed Sumac casts an orison causing a bullet in his left hand to glow brightly with a light spell.
With Grip at his side Sumac begins cautiously exploring.


With everyone now inside, you begin a search of the place. Sumac's light goes a long way towards that endeavor, but soon after the first box is examined, the residents come out to defend their turf. A trio of dire rats emerge from the cargo. Their mouths drip with saliva and their teeth look freakishly large for creatures so small.

Battle Map

Initiative:

Chud 1d20 ⇒ 17
Fel 1d20 ⇒ 10
Dagnud 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Harnac 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Sumac 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Dire Rats 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Dagnud reacts first!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

ROUND 1

It seems pretty likely that Dagnud will go for the rat nearest him, so I'll go now. :-)

Hack tries to live up to his nickname, unleashing on the rat nearest him. if the first attack fells the creature, Hack will move 20' south to aid Chud

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud draws his sword, takes a 5 foot step east, and makes a destructive smite against the rat.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 212d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 = 12


Within moments of the rats showing their faces, the dwarven pair hack them to pieces - each with a single swing! Meanwhile Chud...

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

CHUD!! Get back here, I'll cover ye!

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Im about to go to bed. Ill post my move now. DM alter this how you see fit depending on how things go.

Round 1 HPs 8, AC 16

Sumac isnt sure whether to be annoyed that the two dwarves are such badasses that the fight is handled before he can move, or happy to have such competent dwarven badasses as fellow comrades. The halfling decides to be slightly annoyed, to him one of the most satisfying sounds in the world is the smack of a bullet hitting flesh. Would be a shame to go through two combats today with out hearing that beautiful sound.
Sumac moves SouthEast one step. If the boxes and crates are low enough to give him a shot at the dire rat near Chud then the halfling will fire the glowing bullet he has in hand.
SlingStaff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

However, assuming the crates are stacked high enough that a shot isnt possible then Sumac spends his round hopping up on Grip.
The massive wolf then tears off, nails making a clicking sound on the wooden floor. Gripper nimbly leaps over the dead dire rat , past the slow moving dwarven tank, around the crates 5 squares East and 8 squares South of Sumacs current position. This should give the halfling a clear shot for next round and possible put Grip in position to bite a rats head off...


Sumac doesn't have a clear shot, so he gets on Grip and whirls around....but after Chud.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Alarmed, Chud turns his head and shoots a penetrating glance at the rat closest to him. (Evil Eye Hex as a standard action). He then quickly moves to meet the mighty dwarf Harnac (right 2, up 2, left 1).

Rat suffers -2 to AC. Will Save (DC 16) reduces effect to 1 round, otherwise affected for 8 rounds.

If Chud can't see the rat over the box to his south, he just takes his move action and withholds his standard action until he sees the rat.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel makes himself as inconspicuous as possible
He moves to the Northeast corner of the room, or as close as he can get.

251 to 300 of 1,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.