Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP


601 to 650 of 1,086 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Fel likes to poke anything he can

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Fel, are you poking towards the next room or towards the slickness?

Knowledge: Dungeoneering 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Fel is not actively poking ahead, but he has the pole out in front of him as a probe. Depending on the results of his knowledge roll, we'll see what fort of reaction the bard has.


Unfortunately Fel, you can't make a determination with what you can see, hear, and smell (or touch with a 10' pole.)

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sumac moves up to the door and places his hand on it. He looks to Harnac and Dagnud to be sure they are ready. But before he flings the door wide open, he takes a listen...

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Sumac, as you approach the door the slimy growth peels itself from the wall with frightening speed!

It retracts itself into a glob about 3' in diameter and heads right towards the druid.

Chud 1d20 ⇒ 19
Fel 1d20 ⇒ 13
Dagnud 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Harnac 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Sumac 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
oozy thing 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (18) - 5 = 13

Map is here.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sumac freezes in some combination of terror and fascination at the incredible scene playing out in front of him.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

As the creature peels from the wall, Chud unslings his xbow to get off a quick shot
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
before retreating behind Fel.

I may be willing to trust undead, from time to time, but I draw the line at weird animate oozes.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 5 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 64/64 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Nonplussed due ot being desensitzed by ghoulish attacks, Hack responds calmly and professionally, remembering their discussion on how fights should proceed.

Oi!! Are we ta be hearin' tha manly verse of yourn again Fel???

Delay until I know whether Fel will do the bardverse or not.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

I will... All have +1 hit / dmg. I'll post soon. Don't let me slow down progress.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel's eyes glaze over for a moment, he begins to utter soft words of inspiration in a melodic yet distinctly unmusical tone.

While tyrants ruled, and damsels wept,
Heroic Odric's oath he kept:
There sound the harpings of the North,
Till he awake and sally forth,
On venturous quest to prick again,
In all his arms, with all his train,
Falchion, and brand, and plume, and scarf,
Fey, giant, dragon, squire, and dwarf,
And wizard with his wand of might,
And elven maid on palfrey white.
Oozes die when the Stout one fights
and perish where there are no lights.

+1 to Attack/+1 to Damage


Chud wastes no time, and his bolt does in fact stick into the oozy beast. It recoils as if it hurt, but no mouth means no telltale sound. It's all together macabre.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 5 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 64/64 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

ROUND 1

Aye, tha's tha stuff!!

Hack takes a 5' step up, and unloads on the Pudding Predator.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

bazinga!! dem's some fine rolls!!

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Harnac Lucridious wrote:

ROUND 1

Aye, tha's tha stuff!!

Hack takes a 5' step up, and unloads on the Pudding Predator.

Attack: d20+6
Damage: d10+4

Attack: d20+6
Damage: d10+2

bazinga!! dem's some fine rolls!!

did you take your plus 1's?


Harnac uses Chud's bolt as a bullseye and quarters the creature. You are each left wondering what kind of damage such a creature's touch might have inflicted if it survived long enough to mount an attack.

We are out of initiative.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Phwew! Wow, thanks guys. Im so glad that gelatinous mass didnt eat me. Then he pauses and looks confused, Or maybe dissolved me? I dont know, but it probably wouldnt have been good... He trails off pondering a giant slimes life cycle.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sumac goes ahead to listen at the door.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Sumac, the door is as quiet as a tomb. (Well, the room beyond sounds that way.)


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Well, let's keep going then. Dagnud opens the door.


....but the door is stuck fast. It doesn't appeared to be locked, but rather either blocked from behind or time has shifted the opening so that the door won't move easily.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Between Dagnud and Harnac I don't see this being a problem.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud draws his sword and hacks at the door:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 162d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15

And he'll continue doing so until there is no more door.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 5 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 64/64 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Oi, hold up brother. Save yer blade, which ain't fer takin' down a door. Let's put our muscle behind it. I"ve even got a crowbar here, you grab that end and help me.

make a str check to aid, if you please. I'll go for it with the crowbar's bonus of +2

Str check to unstick door: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


The door falls slowly, but surely to the blade. When Harnac takes over only the frame remains (which is thick enough to keep all but Sumac out). The crow bar is enough to bust open the door. Beyond lies a chamber... This cramped chamber stinks of something worse than rotten eggs. A black mildew covers the walls and the three doors that lie beyond the entrance. Each has a small metal slot at its bottom, but the latched covers long ago rusted away.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
is the mildew dangerous?

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

The halfling considers things. Do you think this could have been some sort of prison room and those are jail cells? The slots at the bottom suggest food could have been passed through... Sumac trails off... He waits for Fel to decide if he knows the mildew is dangerous or not.


You're not sure unfortunately (right skill, but even the most minor of harmful spores, molds, and fungus types have a DC 16)

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Seems ok to me chums. Lead the way!

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sumac picks up a hefty piece of rubble and tosses it into a patch of the black mold to see what happens.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud covers his face.


The mold kicks up some dust, but nothing...supernatural happens.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud casts detect poison on a patch of mold.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Unless Dagnud stops Sumac telling him how deadly poisonous it is, the halfling will enter the room to investigate.
He first picks up three random little rocks/pebbles and casts a light spell on each of them. Hewill then creep into the room avoiding the mold if at all possible. Besides checking out the mold room, the halfling wants to toss a pebble light through the slots on each door inside so he can peek through.
He tells Gripper to stay outside.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Dagnud:
Yes, it is poisonous. With a Wisdom check you can figure out more, but it is poisonous.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Wisdom check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Careful that mold is all poisonous...not exactly sure what it'll do to ya though.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Sumac wrote:

Unless Dagnud stops Sumac telling him how deadly poisonous it is, the halfling will enter the room to investigate.

He first picks up three random little rocks/pebbles and casts a light spell on each of them. Hewill then creep into the room avoiding the mold if at all possible. Besides checking out the mold room, the halfling wants to toss a pebble light through the slots on each door inside so he can peek through.
He tells Gripper to stay outside.

Perception 1d20+9

Sumac will attempt this. Though he wraps a clean bandage around the lower part of his face to cover his mouth and nostrils. He does his best to not touch any mold.


FORT Save: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

Someday the small druid will not fear the defenses of flora, but not yet. For now his mask is enough.

you make a very thorough search of the rooms (map after school) Inside you find a small stack of loose leaf papers. These are also written in Kelish. You find nothing else of interest.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

The wee druid has a healthy respect for flora that can be deadly.
This room and the three inner rooms are a dead end?

Sumac comes back from the mold room witb the Kelish paperwork. Where to now guys? The halfling does ask Fel if he wants to use his comprehend languages trick on these papers and the Kelish word by the bas-relief.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 5 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 64/64 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Any bets that these are the agreements we be lookin' for? and since this is a dead end, mightn't it be time to go back to that first door?

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Harnac Lucridious wrote:
Any bets that these are the agreements we be lookin' for? and since this is a dead end, mightn't it be time to go back to that first door?

The halfling nods in agreement and is ready to head back to the other door.


Check the map, the North west of this room opens into another area.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Check the map, the North west of this room opens into another area.

Sorry, I think we missed that.

The party heads that way.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Unless anybody protests, before we go back to the door with the wailing sound behind it. We explore to the north west in the room where the gelatinous ooze was slain.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 5 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 64/64 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

not objecting!


Sorry guys, couldn't get to the map. Working on it ASAP.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Go

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 5 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 64/64 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Hack sniffs the air, and observes his VERY stoic companions.

It's quiet. TOO quiet . . .


sorry guys! I had a major crash of my gaming stuff. I'm still getting it up and running. Not sure why. I'll be home by 4, and I've got a new file ready to go.


As you explore and look towards your other options the bones in the South East begin to come together. The process is slow enough that none of you are surprised.

Initiative

Chud 1d20 ⇒ 9
Fel 1d20 ⇒ 12
Dagnud 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Harnac 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Sumac 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Skeleton 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The Map is now (and permanently) on the Campaign Information tab.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Is there an undead skeleton in the room w/ us?
The halfling takes a diagonal step (south/east 1)
Sumac quickly loads his light bullet and lets fire at the skeletal figure.
1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
bullet damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6


The skeleton steps forward before Fel is ready and swipes with his claws:

Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 A hit across the ribs! dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 and another! dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Before Fel can react, a bullet whips by his face, smashing the skeleton in the skull and shattering it. the creature falls seconds after animating.

We're already out of initiative.... Nicely done Sumac

601 to 650 of 1,086 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.