Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP


501 to 550 of 1,086 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Dagnud, I don't know a lot about undead lore, but I *do* know that some other undead prob'ly did this to 'er. I'm fer guessin' it--or they--are still lurkin'!

Hack turns to the poor wretch. Listen, I'm guessin' by "food" you mean living flesh--people? Sorry, lass, we ain't fer guidin' anything that's gonna be chopmin' on folks! Ye were a Pathfinder, and fer that ye have my respect, but what ye are now is a monster. I'm fer thinkin' the biggest favor we can do ye is to put ye down fast and clean--end yer hunger, letcher soul be free to mvoe on. We'll find what we're lookin' fer. Now . . . Hack pick up his axe, gives her a salute with it, then advances a step or two with axe raised--not exactly threateningly, but ready for action. . . . you gonna let what remains of yer humanity be reasonable, and offer me yer neck for one good clean blow, or are ye gonna make this messy?


The thing....seems to be totally happy to help.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Harnac! Wait! Given the unknown risks associated with our errand, perhaps we should allow this creature to help us. Maybe some animal meat will satisfy its hunger for now. While I understand the tendency for people to become rather...um...hysterical...when it comes to undead, please be cautious. This creature could be useful to us.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Chudd, yer smartern' me, but having this former Pathfinder with us in danger gives me the heebie-jeebies. Sure, maybe she's all willin' to help now, but if push comes to shove and blood is spilt, is she gonna just go for who's bleedin', be it us or monsters??

Hack is trying to subtly guage the undead's reaction to mentioning "blood being spilt"--also with him coming to arm's reach!

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16


She continues to twitch, but that's all you can garner from your comment.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Addressing the poor fallen pathfinder, Sumac asks Where are the undead who did this to you?. Then making sure his comrades all still have thier weapons ready. The halfling lowers his. He digs out a paper wrapped package. He unwraps part of it and holds it up so the fallen pathfinder can see it. Would this do anything to satisfy your hunger? The haunch of pork is quite fresh. I bought it only this morning. I was planning on sharing it tonight with my comrades, else it will only spoil in this heat.

He then glances to his comrades. Well, we might as well ask her what we are looking for. I don't see how that can hurt. The halfling shrugs his shoulders in a resigned fashion.


She will take it eagerly from your hand if offered. LEt me know if you hand it or toss it.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

A nice gentle toss...

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Dungeon Master S wrote:
LEt me know if you hand it or toss it.

THAT'S not ominous :)


She catches it deftly, and with a single - unnaturally distended - clack of her jaws, the piece is gone. She beckons you towards the entrance. Waiting...

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

The halfling shrugs and starts to follow. He casts a light orison on a sling bullet ready for his sling. He is careful to keep Grip from getting too close to their undead guide.

Perception check as they aproach the opening. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Grips perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 +13 for scent based

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Hack addresses the undead creature ready to guide them. We're looking for trade agreeements, and an ornamental sword. Ye know where these things are?

To the group, quietly: I'm not sure me honor is comfortable taking this beastie's help only to off her later--because, sure as ale is frothy, we can't be lettin' it roam free ta gnosh on folks, can we??

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Maybe we can attempt a cure? If not, we just wait till she attacks. Then its a fair fight, right? The friendship is hers to spoil.


At all this jibber jabber, she begins to drool and make smacking noises with her 12 inch tongue....

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Let's go in, friends! Lead the way milady. Fel advances.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Hérwë Felthanilal "Fel" wrote:
Let's go in, friends! Lead the way milady. Fel advances.

Lets go


Marching order?

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Marching order?

First

Harnac. I think we can agree a dwarf should go first. Dark vision and badazzness in case of fighting.
Second
Dagnud. I would normally put Dagnud at the end for a rear guard, however I think he should be next. Since we have an undead guide that could be a threat and needs watching (and possible killing).
Third
Fel w/ his 10' pole. And bard stuff/bow to cover the whole party
Fourth
Chud. Should be able to support the whole party w/ his arcane witchery.
Fifth
Sumac/Grip. Has the best fighting abilities after the dwarfs to serve as rear guard. Ranged weapon should still be able to support the party. If the halfling's stealth abilities are needed, then the whole party would stop anyway so he could move up.

Harnac and Dagnud could be interchangable. Both are good fighters, and have the dwarf dark vision, and stone cunning.

Fel and Chud are probably interchangable as well.

Any other thoughts.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel agrees.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Agreed. Hack will go first, with the undead thing behind him, and Dagnud behind *her*. Everything else I'm good with.

you tell me where to go, lass. If'n ye turn on us, you'll have Dagnud there smashin' ye back while I turn around and remove yer head from yer shoulders. Understood?


ooooBrains...

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
ooooBrains...

what?

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Agreed.
sorry for being MIA, busy Saturday

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
ooooBrains...

Are we being attacked by our "guide"?

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Are we doing anything? Let's go in or fight.


It answers, [b]"There is a beast inside, a kobold, he wields a sword of green gem. Other than he and his band, the denizens change frequently..."/[b]

You make your way up the loose gravel to the entrance. This close to your undead guide, and the stench of death assails you. It seems not to notice, and with a screeching sound, the door swings wide....

Attached to the west wall at this corridor junction is the relief carving of a giant face. The relief is that of a Qadiran man with a billowing beard. His eyes are closed, and his lips are parted, as if he were blowing out a flame. His lips frame a deep hole in the wall. The paint once adorning the relief is chipped and faded, but traces of its brilliant blues and pristine whites are still visible here and there. On the man’s forehead is a single Kelish word, carved in a flowing script.

The Map.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

How big a hole in this guy's mouth?

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

I was just on the phone with S, he says the hole is about the size of a human torso.

Fel asks the guide, What would this be about? What happens if I stick something in the hole?

He then turns to his companions and asks if anyone can read the word atop the face, and also if anyone can offer a compelling reason not to insert his pole into the hole.

If there are no immediate and pressing objections, Fel will try to insert the butt end of his 10 foot pole into the mouth.

Everyone stand back!

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sumac shrugs, then says to Fel, Go ahead. Better to stick the pole in there then your arm orsomething.


..The pole goes in about 3' before hitting a wall.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud inspects the painting and hole more closely, but trying to not touch anything. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26.

He also casts detect magic, just in case.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel retrieves the pole. Can anyone read this word? Fel points at the Kelish word with the pole.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sumac will wait to see if someone can read the Kelish word first.
But he is thinking about tossing in his light bullet to see better inside and possibly crawling in to check anything out.

Sumac also addresses their guide, Where is this kobold and his people? Is there anything special about this bas-relief? Is there a secret door some where down here?

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

I do not speak Kelish. I wish I did.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Hack turns to their guid.e You know what it says?


I....I don't remember. Before is fuzzy. More and more... Kobold is both directions.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Just want to make sure I'm oriented correctly looking at the map. Starting at the doorway, going west 2 spaces and then north three spaces gets you next to the bas-relief right?
Nobody has a spell or scroll of comprehend languages huh?

Sumac first offers to cast a light spell on the tip of Fel's pole, and anyone else who wants a light source, (though I know the others have darkvision).
The halfling then tosses his light bullet into the mouth of the basrelief.
perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
If he sees nothing dangerous he will actually crawl inside to get a better look. Sumac hopes to find either a small vertical shaft going down into the "throat" or up into the "sinuses". Either way looking for anything of note inside.

If finding nothing, the wee druid is ready to head north to explore


I think so, but I can't get to the map from here.

Fel, the insides of the mouth are just a cubby hole of sorts. Perhaps it was used to hold something in ages past. As for now, it's simply an empty cube.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel can cast comprehend languages, but only once per day. I suggest holding it until somthing more obviously important.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0
Hérwë Felthanilal "Fel" wrote:
Fel can cast comprehend languages, but only once per day. I suggest holding it until somthing more obviously important.

What if we die before we come across something obviously more important because we failed to heed the foreboding message at the beginning of the dungeon?

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

mmmm... That would be embarrassing. I think we should look around a bit first. Or send a runner back to town for a terp.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud would most likely fail to heed the foreboding message even if he knew what it meant, so he continues north with Sumac.


This long, narrow room is choked with webbing. Within the webs are a number of what appear to be small, dead humanoids with dark, scaled skin, each wrapped in a cocoon of sticky webbing.

The map is here The shaded squares are difficult terrain due to the webs.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel stabs a cocoon with his dagger. Anything happen?

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
What can I find out about the webs and cocoons? How big a spider do I think it is? Do I think its multiple spiders or just one big one?

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

The halfling looks about the room inspecting the dust and webs and looks for tracks and trail sign. He is very wary holding a loaded sling.
Survival (tracks?) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Hey guys, because it's voting day I will be sequestered at school in training I'm going to have almost no opportunity to post before 4 p.m.


Fel, the caccoon contains some type of body inside, but upon poking, Sumac gives a shout. He knows that this web belongs to a spider the size of a man! It's too late though, the disturbance of the webs triggers the hungry spider hiding to attack.

I handled the Stealth v. Perception outside of the post to avoid the giveaway. No one gets the surprise.

At the attack of the spider, the undead guide screams in joy at the help to getting her a meal. It bears its teeth and flies into a rage of fury.

Initiative:

Chud 1d20 ⇒ 2
Fel 1d20 ⇒ 14
Dagnud 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Harnac 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Sumac 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Spider 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Undead 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Map is here


Initiative Repost:

Harnac 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Fel 1d20 ⇒ 14
Spider 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Sumac 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Undead 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Dagnud 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Chud 1d20 ⇒ 2

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

The halfling shakes his head as if minorly annoyed with himself. Its hard to tell if he is speaking to the party or to himself, Always slay undead on sight. They cant be trusted for obvious reasons. He pauses for second then seems much more annoyed with himself. Curses! That cut of pork would have made such a good after adventure meal...
Now Sumac is really pissed and ready for a fight.

not my turn just adding some color while awaiting my initiative

501 to 550 of 1,086 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.