Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP


1 to 50 of 1,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Unknown All

This is the official thread for the Pathfinder Society game. As such, the house rules are simple, there are none. Pathfinder Society is run by the book. Make sure you're up to date on all the rules and differences with Society style play.


Male Human Ranger 8, AC 21, HPs 103/103, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 75/75)

I'm in.

Crap, I have to figure out how to post w/ my new guy.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Now I"m officially in.

The halfling looks around, scratches one of his mutton chops and thinks there should be some other people here...
He smells the air, concentrates on listening for a minute, and then looks harder.
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

He then looks over at the big wolf. What do you think Grip? Anybody here?

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Ready.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Ours not to reason why,
Ours but to do and die.

The tall elf bows in a self-deprecating gesture. As he straightens a broad grin on his inviting face puts all at ease. The elf is tall and gaunt with tanned skin and brown hair, his dark brown studded leather armor fairly hangs from his shoulders. With a flair of style the elf's manners are impeccable. Neat of dress, he bears a new set of sturdy adventuring clothes, clean new boots and there is a new-looking short bow at his side. With his supple brown, spotless backpack, this elf looks like an inexperienced adventurer from the first. He has an ease about him that seems downright friendly, which dispels what might be a critical reception from more experienced men.

With a brilliant smile, the elf extends a hand without reservation to the hideous half-orc before him. I'm Fel, and it seems that you have no bard in your party.

The elf turns to the halfling and his wolf with an equally affable look. Greetings wild one, and well met Grip of the Slavering Jaws. another polite bow of the head for the druid and his companion, and Fel offers a warm regard to the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

my last comment was ooc, I will introduce Chudd when the time is right. This is my first PbP campaign so bear with me.

Testing board functions:

  • hickory
  • dickory
  • doc

Spoiler:
I had the titular line in "In Service to Lore".

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d10 ⇒ 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Chudd wrote:

[ooc] my last comment was ooc, I will introduce Chudd when the time is right. This is my first PbP campaign so bear with me.

Yeah, Adam likes to write nice colorful posts. But you are right we'll meet when the adventure properly introduces us.

Adam, that is such a hilarious avatar. It is properly silly.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

grazie signore. It looks like he has a mop sticking up out of his backpack. Any ideas on what it is supposed to be?

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Hérwë Felthanilal "Fel" wrote:
grazie signore. It looks like he has a mop sticking up out of his backpack. Any ideas on what it is supposed to be?

Spear w/ a pennet or ribbons decorating it? A mop? A long handled pompom?

Hey Chud. I know your entire character is on the obsidian portal site. But you if you have time, you might want to add in at least the high lights to your character page on this site. Check out Sumac's page and you'll see what I mean. It makes it easier on the DM not to have to switch websites just to check your saving throws/AC or something if he needs to make a roll concerning your character.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Also, during gameplay, it is way better if you don't ever have to open Obsidian Portal.


The Avatar for Fel comes from the Harrow Deck artwork, but I don't remember which card, and at school I don't have access to it.

As soon as the PCs for Mike and Zac post, I'll make the first in game post.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

You should change your name to just "Dungeon Master"


"Dungeon Master" is taken, and all aliases must be unique. So now this is my DM alias for both campaigns.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

In strides a dwarf--a butt-ugly dwarf. He's more well-kempt than the steriotypical dwarf; clean and neatly-braided hair and beard, clothing clean, armor and weapons immaculate. He's got a few brutal scars across his face, mute evidence of the legendary dwarven toughness.

He carries an impressive weapon: a double-headed axe of proportions that would be comical were they not so frightening. The weapon (a Double Dwarven Waraxe) is carried as much as a badge or standard as an instrument of war. He's got a pair of light hammers in loops at his belt, and a crossbow hanging off his pack. His splint armor is adorned with a wide sash of high-quality, tough cloth in deep blue, depicting what appears to be a coat-of-arms.

He gazes around the room without a word, sizing up all in the area.

BRING IT!!

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Dungeon Master S wrote:
"Dungeon Master" is taken, and all aliases must be unique. So now this is my DM alias for both campaigns.

Why does your avatar look like a creepy old man trying to look down some young lady's shirt?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Hey!! He's not THAT old.


Harnac Lucridious wrote:

His splint armor is adorned with a wide sash of high-quality, tough cloth in deep blue, depicting what appears to be a coat-of-arms.

Splint? How did you manage that? Remember the Rich Parents trait is not legal in PFS.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

A second dwarf approaches, this one much more ragged looking than the first. A greatsword and shortbow are strapped to his back, and a holy symbol hangs over a suit of scale mail that has clearly seen better days. He looks around, nods approvingly towards Harnac, but mostly ignores everyone else. "I suppose this will do."

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Splint? How did you manage that? Remember the Rich Parents trait is not legal in PFS.

My mistake. Meant "scale"


Fresh off your induction into the Society and the completion of your basic training within the organization, you find yourselves in the office of Ambrus Valsin, the venture-captain in charge of daily operations in and around the Grand Lodge. The efficient and straightforward chamberlain greets you curtly and motions you to sit,

“All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies.

“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”

The note will be posted when I get home from work. The text is as follows:

☐A man named Guaril Karela runs a curio shop in the Docks called
the Pickled Imp. Go to him and fill his request as a favor to the
Society. I believe it has something to do with a set of rare books.

☐ Ollysta Zadrian requested aid and is expecting you at the Temple
of the Shining Star in the Ascendant Court. She needs someone
to deliver a parcel of medicine and curatives to a needy orphanage
and verify the character of the recipient.

☐ Visit the offices of Osirian nobleman Dremdhet Salhar in the Wise
Quarter. The Pathfinder Society needs to obtain permission to
delve the Salhar ancestral vaults beneath Sothis. He has made a
verbal agreement, and your visit makes it official. You will receive an
official charter and detailed maps. Do not embarrass the Society in
this matter.

☐ Chelish Paracountess Zarta Dralneen possesses an item loaned
from the Vaults. Meet with her in her estate in the Ivy District and
retrieve the item in her possession.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

A hunched over figure wearing black adventurer's clothes with a sewn on hood that covers his face shuffles into the room. The figure stands no taller than 5'9, but it is clear he would be taller if he stood upright. He keeps his head bowed. His eyes turn upward as he glances at each of the other four adventurers inquisitively. Though much of his facial features remain concealed, you see a shadowy visage of coarse gray skin embedded with deep grooves that run the length of his cheeks. The placement of his eyes seems asymmetrical, the left eye drooping noticeably lower than the right. Upon further inspection, you also have an uncomfortable feeling that something is missing, before revulsion suddenly strikes as you realize that the figure appears to be missing a nose.

I know it probably goes without saying, but assume Chudd made this entrance before the DM made his post


Yes, Chud entered before being escorted into the Venture-Captain's office.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Harnac gives Fel a cursory, but not entirely unfriendly, nod of greeting. Sumac gets a slightly deeper one with a hint of a smile. Dagnud gets a nod deep and lengthy enough to be considered a small bow. Chudd gets a slightly different greeting . . .

upon seeing the hooded figure's gray skin and mishapen features, Harnac inhales sharply through his nose, his eyes narrow, and his grip on his axe reflexively tightens. He then exhales slowly, straightens, and walks right up to him.

Oi. The Lucridious Clan have been slaughtering orcs fer hundreds of years. I hate 'em. But yer a half-breed; I'm smart enough to know that aincher fault. I'm also smart enough to know that the Pathfinders don't let no monsters do their work for 'em. So, if we're gonna run together, you should know I ain't bearin no hard feelin's 'cuz of yer blood, and that's the truth, on me name. The sturdy dwarf shifts his axe to his left hand, gripping it lightly enough that one head rests on the floor, and extends his right to Chudd. Once they shake, he continues with a wink and a smile: Now, if we come across yer da--or, maybe yer ma, one never knows--I ain't makin' no promises! Name's Harnac, but folks call me Hack, or Hal, or Luc, whatever they please 'long as they show me and my Clan the respect what's our due.

Harnac turns to the rest of the new group. I ain't much fer purdy words and all, so I'll let you boys do that part of our jobs. But when there's fightin' to be had, well, you jess point me at it and Hack'll see ya thru, make no mistake!

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13
Harnac Lucridious wrote:
Hey!! He's not THAT old.

I meant the DM avatar. He looks like he is peering down someone's shirt or something. You can almost see the drool on his chin.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Chud's body shakes slightly as he laughs to himself. His head still bowed, he responds to Harnac:

That's all well and good, dwarf. Because if your steel were to embed itself into the flesh of some hapless orc that just happened to be my "ma" or "da", I wouldn't know the difference. So you and I should have nary a quarrel. I promise to remain quite indifferent to your prejudices.

Chud continues, now addressing the group, but not turning to look at any one person:

I am Chud. I have little skill with a blade or any traditional weapons for that matter. And due to my appearance, I can be of little use when it comes to civil discourse. When people look upon my face they often find themselves...distracted. I am but a mere vessel through which a power I don't yet understand realizes itself into the world. Insofar as our goals remain aligned, I promise to channel this power to the best of my abilities in order to serve our common cause.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel thanks the man warmly, We'll not let you down sir. Permit us to make a copy of our tasks and we shall be on our way.

Fel smiles and begins to turn away... One more thing, He turns back, Can you provide us with any helpful information such as the likes, dislikes or attitudes of the men we are to visit? Any obstacles or challenges we might face in these tasks? Anything you might be able to share would be helpful.

Fel looks expectantly at Valsin with a friendly look on his handsome but thin face.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Knowledge: Local - does fel know where these various places are? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


+13? I get the +5 ability, 1 rank, +2 feat, and +3 class skill. Where is the other +2? Also, You still have to specify which Knowledge skill you're putting your points into.

The Venture-captain reacts with a scowl before it melts before Fel's demenor, Ah young Pathfinders, I should chastise you for trying to cut corners by asking ME for background information, but that's just the sort of thing a good investigator should do. HA! Regardless, you'll get no information from me this day - as much as I'm tempted to help.

I'll hold off on the Knowledge check until you pick your poison so to speak.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

When Chudd thinks about what he knows about the recent history of the region surrounding the Grand Lodge, does he uncover any clues about the location of sites mentioned or other important details? The Temple of the Shining Star and the Ascendant Court sound particularly noteworthy.

Knowledge (history) -->1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:104/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +10, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37
Dungeon Master S wrote:

+13? I get the +5 ability, 1 rank, +2 feat, and +3 class skill. Where is the other +2? Also, You still have to specify which Knowledge skill you're putting your points into.

The Venture-captain reacts with a scowl before it melts before Fel's demenor, Ah young Pathfinders, I should chastise you for trying to cut corners by asking ME for background information, but that's just the sort of thing a good investigator should do. HA! Regardless, you'll get no information from me this day - as much as I'm tempted to help.

I'll hold off on the Knowledge check until you pick your poison so to speak.

Urbanite (RACIAL) Knows the ebb and flow of social situations. Gains a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to gather information and Sense Motive checks made to get a hunch about a social situation. This racial trait replaces keen senses.

Knowledge: Local


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Dagnud might know something about the Temple of the Shining Star.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Between Chud and especially Fel (not so much Dagnud) you all have a solid idea how to get to each location without needing to stop and ask directions.

You need only choose a destination now...

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Chud opens the envelope and unfolds the letter with his scarred, gray hands. He reads the contents carefully before addressing the group. The locations Ambrus mentioned in his note are familiar to me, though I've never visited them. Still, I believe I can lead us to the destinations on our list well enough. I admit the first bullet on our list appeals most to me as I am quite fond of books, especially rare ones. But I will defer to the group.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

DM, could you please order the locations in the most direct route from here to visit all of them ?


Map of Absalom.

Either a North to South route or a South to North loop:

North first->Ivy, Wise, Ascendant, Docks
South first ->Docks, Ascendant, Wise, Ivy

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Gentlemen, Chudd, I think the most efficient way to handle this is to begin in the norther portion of the city in the Ivy District, then working our way south in a loop. We could talk to Paracountess Zarta Dralneen first if no one objects?

Unless someone takes issue, Fel leads the group towards the first location.

On the way to the estate, Fel asks around of people on the street if they have any news or information regarding Paracountess Zarta Dralneen, a rare or interesting item she might have in her possession or perhaps some threat against her in the recent past.

Diplomacy: Gather Information 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

No objections.


You don't know much beyond common knowledge:

Paracountess Zarta Dralneen is a beautiful Chelish woman who serves as diplomatic envoy to Absalom. Although cultured and refined, Dralneen is a master manipulator who uses her charms and diabolical power to her advantage. Her loyalties lie with House Thrune, although rumours persist that her machinations have yet to bear significant gains for her patrons and that her favour with them is slipping.
Zarta is infamous throughout the Absalom upper class for her excessive ‘parties’. It is often during these hedonistic events that Zarta uncovers secrets from her guests.
She owns several houses around Absalom but commonly resides in a three story, gothic townhouse in the Ivy District.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Does anyone know what House Thrune's aims might be? What might we do to help the lady in order to regain her house's favor?

Fel is lost in thought for a moment.

We don't know what the item loaned to her might be, but we do know she is unlikely to return it if asked directly. At the very least, we might try to secure an invitation to a party of hers, to perhaps deduce what the item we must return might be.

Fel feels kind of dense for not thinking to send someone to the Vaults in order to learn what it is she has borrowed.

Can anyone think of a gambit that might ingratiate ourselves to her and earn her trust? Or perhaps one of us could pose as an emissary from someone in house Thune, although without specific knowledge of what they might be like I fear it might be a dangerous move.

What about posing as a representative of the Vaults sent to investigate the theft of the item she has borrowed. We could claim to have heard a report it was stolen and insist she demonstrate it is still in her possession.

Fel looks around from man to man hoping someone has a better idea than his.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Witch/1 Initiative:+0 - AC:10, T:10, FF:10 - HP:9/9 - FAME:0

Fel, Ambrus told us that the contacts we were sent to meet with are important to the Society and that we should obey them. Consequently, I hesitate to resort to trickery based solely on street gossip. As always, there are two sides to this story. Perhaps we should hear what Zarta has to say. You seem like you have a way with people. Perhaps your charm alone can wrestle the item from her. And if there is something we can do to restore the favor of her House, perhaps she'd simply tell us -- we ARE her subordinates after all if we agree to follow Ambrus' "orders". I am often naive about such things, however, and will defer to the wisdom of the group.

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

You're right! My suspicious nature got the better of me. Fel breaks into a broad grin.

He steps up to the gate of the Lady's home and raps firmly and politely on it.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Hand me that note Ambrus gave us, would ya?

Dagnud reads over it again.

Hrm. Shoulda asked before we left, but is Zarta holding this thing to give to us, or are we gonna be takin it from her? Maybe we should stop at this Vault first either way... I'd trust a Chelish woman 'bout as much as I'd trust an orc.


M Dwarf Inquisitor / 1 AC:18 Touch:12 FF:16 HP:12/12 Init:+4

Woops too late

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Hac scrunches his brow at Fel's thoughts of how to retrieve the item.

'Ere. If the lady's got a whit of honor, she'll return what she borrowed straight away, for fear of besmirching her name, ain't that the truth?? I ain't fer seein' why we need to resort to conniving against 'er for something she borrowed and owes back, fair and square. He shrugs, clearly at odds with the politics of the situation!

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

Sorry, I didn't realize we had started this game already.

The tall halfling though quite excited with a smile on his face kept quiet during Ambros Valsin's meeting. He wanted to do well on his first official assignment, even if it did seem like just running a few errands. Though knowing the venture captian, there will be challenges.
Sumac looks at his new comrades. If they were successful and worked well together this group could be together a long time. The halfling was very comfortable around both of the dwarves, they both seemed straight forward warriors. He knew they could be trusted to stand like a stonewall in combat. He returned their nods politely, he knew given time they would both open up a bit more. The elf seemed a warm, friendly type, though he was different then the forest elves of his past experience. The halfling had little skill with his tongue. Fel oozed charisma. The elf should be a good team face man, especially for this mission.
Now the half-orc was an odd one. He didn't seem like the usual giant orc blooded types the halfling tended to avoid, (he didn't like getting squashed). Sumac wasn't too sure how a witch differed from a wizard. But he hoped his arcane skill would carry the party well. As the party started out, the halfling did try his best to make some personal contact with the orc blood. He held his hand up to the cloaked and cowled figure. The halfling's face filled more with curiosity than anything else at a closer look of the witch's hideous features.
The name is Sumac, I'm a druid. I hope we can learn from each other, I know little of the arcane.

As the party exited the building, the small druid fell behind a bit. Only after getting some space from the others, he gave a low whistle. A massive grey wolf came trotting up from around the corner. The halfling grabbed a handful of thick fur and pulled himself up on the beast's back. Once mounted he leaned forward to give the wolf a hug, then canine lept forward quickly catching back up with the group.
If anyone looks at his magnificent mount, the halfling speaks up, He has been my best friend since he was weaned from his b@#%$ of a mother. I call him Gripper, or Grip for his strong jaw. The small druid beams as talks of his friend, clearly proud of the beast.

The halfling doesn't look forward to meeting with some devil worshiping Chelish woman. He is excited to see the Temple of the Shining Star and see what sort of medicines they have.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)
Hérwë Felthanilal "Fel" wrote:


At the very least, we might try to secure an invitation to a party of hers, to perhaps deduce what the item we must return might be.

Fel feels kind of dense for not thinking to send someone to the Vaults in order to learn what it is she has borrowed.

Fel looks around from man to man hoping someone has a better idea than his.

At this Sumac speaks up, Remember time is a factor here. We have but a day to finish all four tasks. If you believe it is important enough perhaps I could ride to the Vaults to see what it is this Chelish woman has. Gripper is quick, I could probably get there and back before you get to the Chelish woman's estate.


A servant in loose casual attire opens the door, greeting you as if expected. The servant remains quiet. He only gestures into the townhouse with a subdued expression. You are led through well-appointed sitting rooms, ballrooms, and a grand stairway granting a view of an elaborate study, you finally arrive on the third floor of the house, at the door of Zarta’s personal study, which lies beyond her bedroom. Knocking upon the door and announcing his presence, the servant opens the darkly stained wooden door. A large intricate carpet dominates the marble floor in this sitting room. A chaise sits along the north wall and a desk spans the southeast corner, its chair positioned with its back to the southwest corner of the room. Three comfortable chairs are positioned around a small, low circular table.

Sitting in the chair behind the desk, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen regards you with a wry smile, putting away a few papers before standing to address the group,

"Aldor, you are dismissed. Close the door behind you and attend to your other tasks.” She then turns her attention to the group. “It’s always so incredibly adorable when I see a freshfaced batch of Pathfinders. I mean, look at you scrumptious little teacakes. I could eat each and every one of you up. Well, maybe not you.” Zarta points at Chud. “I assume this isn’t a pleasure visit since most of you are terribly overdressed for that manner of occasion, so that must mean you are here for that trinket Valsin has been nagging me about. Seems I can’t get that man around these parts anymore,” she gestures, sliding her hand down her body and widening the gesture to sweep out and across the room as if her home were a secondary thought. “On the good side, he always sends me all the precious new recruits. “Many think we in Cheliax serve and worship devils, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, we use the creatures for their power. They serve us and we sculpt their power in our own interests. The world must come to terms with the order of things. People need to know their place and operate accordingly. It is the only way to make order from this world. Too many people stretch too far beyond their station, making waves and eroding the true order.”

CRASH!, CRACK! something slams into the door behind her.

She takes a moment to look at the bedroom door behind her. You've been sent to retrieve a seven-lock case. I've been trying to make progress for the Society and get through the abjurations keeping us out. I advise not tampering with the case on your way back to the Grand Lodge. I know nothing about the box aside from it having a connection with devils and Hell.

SMASH! CRUNCH!

A cacophony of booms and crashes sounds from beyond the room’s west door. “A servant is greatly misbehaving. You’re going to have to deal with it in order to get the trinket.” She goes over to the desk in her study, opens a drawer and drawing out an exquisite silver letter opener shaped like a dagger. “You might need this to get it to submit,” she offers with a sly grin.

Andoran

male Halfling Druid 3, AC 16, HPs 16/20, In +3, F +4, R +5, W +7 (Grip AC 16, HPs 9/26, F +5 R +5 W +2)

A jolt hits the halfling's system and he isn't sure if he is scared or just terribly excited. With a wide smile on his face, he is already pulling a bullet from a pouch and readying his sling.

Keeping his eye's on the door he calls to Zarta. Of course we will take care of your servant Paracountess. We honor your rank. But please, tell us the nature of your servant!

Grip crouches abit and angles toward the door. The halfling still mounted with his readied sling, listens with his good halfling ears.
perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf Fighter / 6 AC:23/24 Touch:14/15 FF: 21 HP 76/76 Init: +3(+2 underground); P:0;F:9;R:4;W:2(+1 fear,+1 ench,+2 poison&spells)

Hack strides over to the western door, hefting his axe, clearly ready for action. M'lady, might this do better than that pretty thing to make your servant submit? He holds his axe up a bit Wot's special about yer little knife?

Andoran

Male
Crunch:
Perception +2 / Stealth +3 | Fort: 0, Ref: +6, Will +1/+2 vs. Enchantment | FAME:12/12 - XP:6/9
Elf
Short Bow:
Shoot Short Bow: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] for [dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.
Bard / 3 Initiative:+0 - AC:16, T:13, FF:13 - HP 16/16 - Bardic Chant 11/13

Fel walks calmly up to the door from which the cacophony has been issuing. He places his hands behind his back and leans forward slightly, Ho there! What is the problem yonder devil?

Fel cants his head slightly, listening for a response.


The Paracountess "Consider this a test young Pathfinders. Sir dwarf, your siege weapon may yet be better than this knife, but a good Pathfinder has many tools on his belt....That is a Dwarven aphorism, is it not?"

Fel, there is no reply from the other side. The Paracountess lifts a single eyebrow, as if she expects some entertainment.

1 to 50 of 1,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's In Service to Lore PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.