Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 1

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]


Curse of the Crimson Throne Perception:


  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+18[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius*]d20+16[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym**]d20+12[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+12[/dice]

*Does not include Trapspotter.
**Does not include Favored Enemy, Favored Terrain, or Bucho


301 to 350 of 7,054 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Unknown All

Does this mean I get to autopilot everyone character?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric appears lost in thought. He absently scratches his belly and considers the options before him. He takes the Plan out, studies it carefully and furrows his brow. After a few moments he glances around quickly to see if anyone is looking at him, then flips the Plan over and studies the other side equally as carefully.
Sleight of hand: 1d20 ⇒ 6 vs. Thorgrym's Perception:1d20 ⇒ 8

Thorgrym chuckles aloud, then noting Odric's earnestness decides to turn the chuckle into a suppressed cough instead, allowing the big man his pride.

Gentlemen, the Plan calls for a direct assault on Lamm, however we may find a small tactical adjustment to the Plan might be in order

Without another word, Odric draws his falchion from its sheath across his back and begins hacking up Giggles into roughly equal pieces of meat. Knowledge: Butchery 1d20 ⇒ 8 The meat chunks, each the size of a loaf of bread, are thrown into a large sack until the sack is filled nearly to overflowing.

I think we could lure Gobblegut out of the room with Lamm using this as bait. We could open the door, then withdraw back onto the walkway. By throwing chunks of meat to the gator we could lure him away from Lamm. Once Gobblegut is out of the room you could all run into the room, close the door and... Odric gestures vaguely to Yargin, the gnome and the salsa-like remains of Giggles rather than articulate exactly the end he has in mind for Lamm.

Lamm has probably rigged some clever trap around the door, and I'd bet he has more than one escape route. We should be extra careful that he doesn't slip away. One last thing, and I'm not sure why I'm suggesting this. Odric takes a deep breath and continues.

I heard a man, an adventurer, tell a tale once over a mug of ale of a land far from here where men wrassle Crocogators. They do it not to survive, or for some needful purpose, they do it for sport. These are men's men, manly men who grow beards by the age of eight and split firewood with their private parts in the winter. They drink firewater for breakfast and fart lightning by lunchtime.

Odric sees that of the group, he at least has young Kip's attention, and continues excitedly.

They leap upon them and grasp the fearsome beasts by their toothy snouts. These men can crush acorns to powder by clenching massive fingers to their thumbs, they forge white-hot blades sometimes using fists rather than hammers on a forge of iron. This massive hand strength is necessary to keep the ferocious beast from whipping its jaws around and biting off a leg. The gators will thrash and fight like demons in church, but the man if he be strong enough can subdue the beast. It takes guts like a river pirate, strength like a mad rutting bull and quickness like a street urchin stealing for his supper, but it can be done. Although I've never chopped firewood with my pecker in the winter, I did it one summer for three silver shields a day. I think I can do it, and I mean to give it a try.

Odric begins swinging the sack of Giggles-chunks around rhythmically in order to loosen up his shoulders for the upcoming test of his mettle and manhood. He bunches up the open end of the sack in one large, blood spattered hand and grabs the other end of the sack with the other. Somehow, with a straining and groaning from his protesting armor, Odric manages to rotate both arms up over his head and down to the small of his back. The sack's rough sewn seams are straining, and Giggles' coagulating blood is seeping out of it and coating the backs of Odric's legs with fresh blood. Odric swings his hips in large circles with the sack behind his back and continues his warm-up.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Lets make haste. Have Gaius check the door and lets hit it.

Sorry, cant do brackets from my phone.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Wow.

Give Gaius a couple of hours and he can sit down and catch up on the reading. I'll post later.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

You actually want to *wrestle* Gobblegut?? You realize that saying "he'll eat you for lunch" isn't hyperbole? None of us doubt your manliness, Odric, and I for one will not question the prowess of your wood-splitting cock. ONce again I'll suggest everyone lead against Gobblegut with missile weapons before coming into contact with those jaws.
.
I think your idea is clever and bold, don't get me wrong. But there is a fine line between brave and foolhardy--and another between foolhardy and insane.
.
Do as you will. I shall do my part.

I lightly touch several pouches, mentally cateloging which components go with which spells, preparing to unleash every ounce of arcane might at the hated Lamm.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

this calls to mind the erstwhile hero, Ferrum, who was eaten by a T-Rex, raised with the party's only scroll, then promptly ran into the mouth of a dire crocodile. He deserved death so much that the party made no attempt at rescue.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Hmmm... Perhaps I could soften the beast up with some thrown weaponry before I pin it to the decking and wrench its head clean off. Not a bad idea. Morkeleb, I've always noted that strength without wisdom is a recipe for disaster.

Odric gestures grandly with the sack, Follow me! ...Kip stay up here and hide. I'll be back shortly to escort you to your father's hearth.

Odric strides from the room and makes his way slowly and stealthily towards Lamm Lair.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius listens intently to the boastful ramblings of Odric, recording every word to memory--though he appears to dismiss and ignore the conversation. He drops down the trapdoor to the floating walkway below, and makes his way to the wooden door moving carefully and slowly in a crouch, to be sure of his footing and to note any traps or unsound planks.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

When he reaches the door, he'll inspect it for further surprises.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

He'll mark planks best avoided with chalk for his companions.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Chris Marsh wrote:
this calls to mind the erstwhile hero, Ferrum, who was eaten by a T-Rex, raised with the party's only scroll, then promptly ran into the mouth of a dire crocodile. He deserved death so much that the party made no attempt at rescue.

98% accurate, my friend. We did, in fact, rescue his gear from the dire croc poop a day later!!


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

In any case, I've played enough D&D to know that when the DM ominously draws parallels between your proposed plan and the horrific and untimely death of one of Jim's characters, that means there is a flaw somewhere in your plan.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The door here seems completely nondescript, with neither lock nor trap. You do, however, spy one defense "mechanism". A lazy jigsaw shark meanders back and forth in the waters below. A step in the wrong direction (or on a plank now clearly marked) would mean dinner is served. The door offers no clues to its other side. The sound of the water slapping the pilons is louder than anything else.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

I silently gather the others and indicate to Thorgrym and Odric that the door is safe.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym will open the door when everybody is ready. Bare blade in hand.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric has his falchion in his right hand, ready to throw it. His pick is readied in his left hand, the eagle hovering around waist level.

Odric's breathing is shallow and quick. He instinctively flexes and relaxes his biceps. His jaw is set and his eyes are fixed intently on the door, as he envisions the scene beyond. Once the door opens, the die is cast and he intends to seize the initiative. He leans forward on the balls of his feet, legs tensed and ready.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I look at the huge weapon that Odric is obviously planning to implement in a way counter to its design. Odric, you're strong, but . . . that might be a liiiiitle unwieldy to throw, don't you think? Would you like to borrow this instead? I take out my light crossbow. You can just drop it on the floor after you've shot it a time or two, I don't care!


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric's eye twitches slightly, he half breaks from his trance as though to cast a sidelong glance at the wizard, but his eyes never leave the door. Morkeleb sees Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 that the corner of Odric's mouth has spittle collected, like dirty sea foam in an eddy. The big man's muscles bunch again, rippling under a thick layer of fat.

I think the falchion throw will be way more intense! And when I see the layout of the room, I may elect to attack with it instead, so I'm trying to keep my options open. Thanks though :)

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Autopilot: Ferox

Ferox knocks an arrow and stands behind the tower shield of a man.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Unknown All

Sadly Gentlemen, I can't update the map until about 4:30 today. I can give the room description, but without the layout.... Would you rather wait?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

NO!

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The air in this large room is somewhat chilly and stinks of the river, no doubt thanks to a huge opening in the floor that drops away to the river shore five feet below. Several pilings emerge from the waters to support the roof above, with mossy ropes slung between them. In two places, rusty manacles hang from the ropes over the water. Two five-foot-wide walkways cross the hole’s edge to the other side of the chamber, where a collection of old cabinets, lockboxes, and piles of clutter are strewn about. Chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, badly rusted silverware, an old wooden shield with a crossbow bolt embedded in it, the odd dinged helm, and other “treasures” litter the floor of this entire chamber. Three tables, their tops heaped with additional clutter, stand amid this mess, while just west of that a wooden door seems to provide access to a walled-off section. Already crouched behind one of the tables is Lamm. He looks like he was expecting company as he's got a small crossbow ready to go. Between you and him is Gobblegut, the meanest looking gator you've ever seen. You?! Lamm shouts, "You sorry lot. You've got to be kidding me. I'll teach you all a lesson you'll NEVER forget. 'Gut, dinner time!. and with that, the culmination of your Harrowing is at hand...

Gaius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Morkeleb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Ferox: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Thorgrym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Odric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Lamm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Gobblegut: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Lamm, who is hiding behind cover about 45' away, lets lose a quarrel towards Grym. The angle is sharp, and the doorframe provides cover Grym gains a +4 cover bonus to his AC against this attack.

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 damage if hit: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4

Lamm adds after the shot, "Is that you dog lover? I hope your little pack at least gave you some meat. Assuming you could find a part that wasn't spoiled!

The opening in the floor leaves only a 5' walkway to get to Lamm. The short route is blocked 15' in by Gobblegut. The long way around is free, but it's a 85' trip. I'll get the map up ASAP

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Gentlemen, the Battle Map is here. Remember that on the dock area, you are "squeezing" which imposes some penalties if you stay there. Have at thee!


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Dungeon Master: Is spending a Harrow Point to increase Dodge bonus or speed for the encounter a standard action?

I assume a re-roll doesn't take an action at all.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Odric the Stout wrote:
I think the falchion throw will be way more intense! And when I see the layout of the room, I may elect to attack with it instead, so I'm trying to keep my options open. Thanks though :)

Oh, no doubt, my friend, no doubt. I'd certainly not begrudge the coolness. It's that Morkeleb dude, he's all calculating and stuff. He's more interested in results than how you get there. :-)

.
Now I need to decide whether I want to be in the room when Gobblegut makes his move . . .I'm leaning toward "no, please and thank you . . ." because I'm very delicious.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Round 1

HPs 9/13
AC 16 (20 w/ +4 cover bonus)

Grym finally laying eyes on Lamm is filled w/ fury, he starts to charge into the room but sees the crossbow aimed and fired toward him. The ranger slips back as Lamm's crossbow bolt hits the doorway where his body was a mere moment ago. Knowing his comrades are behind him Thorgrym pours into the room. He moves into the first square toward the gator and drops down to one knee against the wall (so Odric has plenty of room to throw the massive falchion).
Grym stabs his sword into the wood planks in front of him so to keep his blade ready (in case the gator closes distance) and to free his hands for his sling. If Thorgrym has to run back from the gator he will drop his sling if necessary to keep from getting separated from his blade.

Can I still attack in this same round w/ my sling?

Sling attack toward Gobblegut if possible 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Andoran

Male Unknown All

It's an immediate Action Tony.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Round 1
9/12 HP

Odric bolts. As soon as the door opens, he runs straight ahead meaning to circumvent the slavering jaws of the Crocogator and get to Lamm. Odric's concentration is fierce and he watches the floor for obvious holes or tripping hazards. His big talk about wrassling the beast forgotten in the intensity of his visceral reaction of hatred for Lamm.

Both weapons gripped in his large, hairy hands pump rhythmically as Odric runs around the perimeter of the room.

Behind him, all of his friends are relieved to be out of close proximity to Odric, given the effect tonight's exertions have had on his hygiene. Once they resumed normal breathing, several of his new friends certainly breathed a sigh of relief, knowing the inherent risk in grappling a wild beast. One of his new friends still can't get the image out of his mind's eye of a young Odric chopping wood with his wood, and feels slightly perturbed.

The rules say running is a straight line proposition. How far could Odric move around the room in this round? Am I limited to his move?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: Thank you, Chris.

I need to see what Gobblegut and the others are doing first.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Round 1
HP: 9/9
AC: 15

Ferox advances along the southern wall, taking position in the far corner.

I am the will of Abadar and I find you guilty of crimes against Korvosa. Your evil ends today, Lamm.
Swift Action: Judgement - Justice, +1 sacred bonus to attack rolls for the encounter.

Ferox utters a quick prayer to Abadar, calling down the blessing of the Master of the First Vault to help end Lamm's tyranny.
Casts Wrath: +1 morale bonus to attack and damage against Lamm for 1 minute.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Lamm to Ferox, "Bah! you sure I can't interest you in some shiver you self-reighteous loser?"


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

ROUND 1

OK, I'll give in and try writing in the third person (as everyone else is) rather than the first. I reserve the right to go back to first person if I don't like it!!

Morkeleb takes in the scene quickly and coolly.

My first job is to prevent Lamm from escaping. Most of my magicks cannot reach him from here. I could blast the croc, but his physicality makes it likely he would resist the effects. I must get closer to Lamm, and trust the warriors to keep the lizard's attention.

After about a heartbeat, Morkeleb boldly steps forward into the room, moving swiftly across the walkway (to about 15' away from the north door--it's the west door we're going into, right?--and around the corner from Lamm) to avoid Gobblegut and close with Lamm--while conveniently ending up around the corner from him, making a shot difficult at best.

As much as I'd love to taunt this fool, it's best to keep a low profile--let the warriors draw attention to themselves. Getting Lamm down is the priority, not stoking my ego.

The wizard then readies his staff, and draws forth a pinch of fine dust. His face is set in the ecstatic concentration of his trade.

Actions this round: double move--60' from current position aroudn the room. I calculate this to put me about 15' from the unopened door inside the main room. I'm obviously preparing to cast a spell--but can't do anything else this round!!


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Round 1
HP: 6/8
AC: 17 (after Harrow Point Bonus)

OOC: There's a lot of weirdness here. I'm not used to making moves before positioning and previous round actions are resolved, but I think the play-by-post necessitates it.

Gaius keeps calm and focused after noting the passionate responses of his teammates, but knows that revenge is at hand. (spends a Harrow Point to increase dodge bonus for this battle)

Right, then. The alligator.

Gaius moves to flank Gobblegut if possible. Morkeleb and Ferox are likely. Gobblegut might go for them first and then he can come in behind. If needed, I'll tumble through threatened squares. If I can flank, I'll close to melee distance and attack with dagger.

If Gaius can flank Gobblegut, ATTACK!:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Dagger + Sneak Attack:
1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (1) = 1

If no flank presents itself (through no open position or if Gobblegut comes after Gaius believing he'll taste better), Gaius will step into the room and move to keep two squares between himself and the beast. He'll then concentrate on defending himself, raising his AC to 21 until his next turn.

Tumble Checks if needed (one per threatened square, yeah?)

Tumble Check 1:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Tumble Check 2:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Tumble Check 3:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Tumble Check 4:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

IF Gobblegut gets off an AoO from movement, Gaius will spend a second fate point for a tumble re-roll. No way I'm taking that bite.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Sorry S, I missed your question. you're limited to a double move when you can't sprint.

Gobblegut: Seeing the first to sprint into the room, the pea brained monster dashes into the water and dashes upward to attack Ferox:

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 DC 15 to get up to boards:

Bite (if climb successful): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 The angle provides a +2 AC bonus to Ferox.
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Andoran

Male Unknown All

It's tempting to post soon, but if possible, you ought to wait. For example, Ferox is pretty much FUBARED. Odric and Gaius do you wish to alter your actions?

The map at the start of Odric's turn is here.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Round 1 (repost - edit)
9/12 HP

Odric bolts. He runs straight ahead meaning to permanently shut the slavering jaws of the Crocogator. Odric's concentration is fierce and he watches the floor for obvious holes or tripping hazards. His big talk about wrassling the beast echoes in his ears but is tempered by the dire warnings of his friends and that small insistent voice in his head saying "OMGWTF are you INSANE?.

Both weapons gripped in his large, hairy hands pump rhythmically as Odric runs around the perimeter of the room towards Gobblegut. He had planned to throw his falchion, but seeing Ferox locked in the gator's toothy jaws reconsiders and thinks better of it.

Behind him, all of his friends are relieved to be out of close proximity to Odric, given the effect tonight's exertions have had on his hygiene. Once they resumed normal breathing, several of his new friends certainly breathed a sigh of relief. One of his new friends still can't get the image out of his mind's eye of a young Odric chopping wood with his wood, and feels slightly perturbed.

25' move straight ahead towards Gobblegut, Power Attack with falchion in right hand 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 16 for 2d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 + 2 = 10

Odric reaches the gator winded. His weight and sedentary lifestyle are not conducive to running full tilt like this. He lashes out with his falchion, cutting at an angle trying desperately to decapitate the beast before it finishes its meal of Filet-o-Ferox. No one could mistake the powerful grunt that issues from Odric with a Girly Noise.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Odric's swing cleaves deeply into the gator's tail. Blood sprays everywhere, including into the shark infested water. The beast turns his attention on the animal that sliced him.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

The keen of hearing may notice a tiny noise. It may or may not be Girly. Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10 and the keenest noses might detect the odor of fresh feces from Odric's pants. Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thats a good point. I will attempt to wait till its my turn. I guess I will post after the gator's action.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Round 1
AC 17
HP: 6/8

OOC: Thank you, DM.

Gaius does use a Harrow point to increase his AC to 17. He moves two squares into the room and throws a dagger at Gobblegut.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage=1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Round 2
Lamm

Upon seeing his "precious" Gobblegut slashed the old denmaster let's lose a croaking howl of anger, "I hope you rot in the Abyss you fat drunk! Let's see how much you like it when he eats you alive!"

Apparently his concern doesn't extend to protecting the gator from Odric, as he instead focuses on the ranged threats to himself. A flick of the wrist and he drops a bolt into the crossbow, taking aim at Grym.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Battle map updates are not available to me during school, but Odric and Gaius have moved. Lamm remains in his square. His turn ended before he could drop back down to take advantage of his cover, though he's still behind the desk, giving him a +2 bonus to AC.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Round 2
HP: 1/9
AC: 19
Wrath 1

Ferox grits his teeth, holding back the cry of pain ready to rip from him.
He starts shuffling to the side and guards himself the jaws of Gobblegut.

5' step to the North and Full Defense.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: S#@~. I'm last. :D Heh. Just realized it.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

ROUND 2

Action: Cast Sleep. 1 round casting time, so it takes effect on my turn of Round 3. I make the targeting decisions then, and he makes the save then as well.

Morkeleb, out of range (for the moment) of the vicious melee and out of sight of Lamm, begins his chant in what he believes to be relative safety. The somatic components are slow and steady, the arcane words have a soothing quality to their timbre. However, any close enough to actually hear the verbal component might be a little disconcerted . . . interspersed in the arcane language are clearly words in common. Morkeleb is using his hatred to shape and power his spell.

May the respite of sleep be no solace; may your quiet form belie the wretched dreams that will twist your mind beyond mortal pain, bring you to the brink of sanity then shove you into the abyss. Your body will calm, but your mind will explode in an agony of insane nightmares, deserving of the vilainous scum you are! Relive your deeds, but as the target of your own depravity and hate, in your dreams!!

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Morkeleb's spell will receive a +1 unnamed bonus to the DC of Lamm's required saving throw.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Round 2
Gobblegut

Spraying blood and in a frenzy, Gobblegut turns on Odric and lashes out with his jaws:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

It's tough to tell if this is be animal instinct or happenstance, but Gobblegut backs up a bit and his maimed tail swipes across the defending Ferox:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 damage 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Battle map at this point in round 2 is here. I had to make some guessing and adjustments. Also, Gobblegut was too big, though it didn't affect anything up til now.

Also, Phil I meant to give you a heads up, unless you have the Precise Shot feat (which you might, I haven't looked) then there is a -4 to attack when shooting into melee.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

The ranger ducks as another crossbow bolt streaks toward him and lodges into the wall just behind him. Fearing to shoot into the fray and striking a comrade, Grym pulls his sword from the wood and rushes toward Lamm as close as he can get.

I can only move 30', 6 squares right?

If for some reason Thorgrym can strike Lamm this round...
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 with sword


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Thorgrym still has to confirm crit from his last attack.

Round 2 - HP 9/12

Odric gapes silently at the snapping jaws as they close just inches from his leading leg. In a horribly belated reflex, Odric jerks back and jumps into the air. It is only the beast's haste in reacting to Odric's cleaving attack on its tail that allowed Odric to remain intact; he certainly didn't react fast enough to dodge the bite.

Relief flows through Odric midair. As he returns to the ground he does so with his falchion held high. The blade arcs down, a spray of Gobblegut's blood still trailing from its point.

Power attack with falchion to Gobblegut: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 = 18 for 2d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 + 2 = 9 damage.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Thorgym tears across the planks towards Lamm. Phil that would have been a mighty hit, but you're too far. 30' only gets you within 10' - not enough to swing. Damn, that would have been a huge hit.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Odric's sword makes not a whistle but more of a whoosh as it swings down. The sound of wood splintering smothers his heart as it feels like a miss, but in truth, the splintering wood was directly under the beast. Gobblegut has been impaled by Odric's falchion - reduced to a still quivering corpse...

Gaius, you're up.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Round 2
AC: 21 (after Full Defense Action)
HP: 6/8

Gaius locks eyes on Lamm and with a hiss, "Pray to whatever Gods will have you, Gaedran. Pray one of my companions kills you before I get there. It's your only chance for mercy."

Move 30' closer to Lamm along the east wall, and watch him very closely for tells indicating where he might shoot, and be ready to dodge. [Full Defense]

301 to 350 of 7,054 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.