Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 1

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]



251 to 300 of 6,817 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Good hit Odric.
Lets quickly search this room and then go deal with the orc.

perception roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The only thing of milk in this room is a cabinet with a lock on it. There is also what is left of the gnome that Kip called Shanks.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I'll once again call upon my minor magicks, and cast Detect Magic viewing the room, and the dead gnome.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Chris Marsh wrote:
The only thing of milk in this room is a cabinet with a lock on it. There is also what is left of the gnome that Kip called Shanks.

Dibs on the milk. Killing Gnomes is thirsty work.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Huh... weird Droidism.

Nothing registers as magical.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

As he opens his eyes, bits of gristle and gore, blood and bone, hide and hair cover his torso. Odric's intense aggression wanes as quickly as it waxed and he looks up from the cratered Gnome to see Kip standing before him.

Odric answers the boy joyfully, lowers his bulk to one knee and gathers him into an enormous embrace. The nauseating combination of odors almost proves too much for Kip. The only thing saving Kip from retching is the boy's attenuation to the smell of fish guts after months in this warehouse. Odric does not smell good.

As he embraces the boy, Odric can feel almost a full year of shame and guilt melt away. The feeling of achievement, one not often felt but often dreamed of, is intoxicating to Odric.

Kip! I'm so glad you're safe! Are you well? Sound of body I see even if a little underfed, and your description to my companion indicates a soundness of mind I didn't dare hope for!

Odric holds Kip at arm's length and looks at him, eyes glistening with a bewildering whirlwind of emotion. Relief, exultation, the remainder of the ebbing violence with which he dispatched Shanks the Gnome, along with pride, worry and determination battle for supremacy on Odric's face.

In reality, worry almost triumphs, and Odric briefly considers abandoning his new companions and spiriting Kip back to his father immediately, but pride and a thirst for revenge quickly eclipse that thought. Thinking furiously, Odric casts about for an answer to his dilemma.

Kip, we are going to kill Giggles and then slaughter Lamm. I dare not send you running through the streets at this hour to search for your home for fear of losing you once again to the denizens of the streets after all this time.

Odric's brow furrows and he looks around the squalid room. I'd like you to hide somewhere close by until I can return to escort you safely home. Can you think of a safe place in here or in another room to conceal yourself?

Odric looks to Kip questioningly, wondering where the boy will choose to lay up.

While thirsty for vengeance, justice and glory, Odric can persevere without refreshment at this time - with or without milk. He will taste a more potent beverage before the night is through, but that will be hours from now before a roaring fire. He'll be laughing with his former Brewmaster and regaling him with a tale of heroism that for once, Odric can lay claim to.

His furrowed brow breaks into a wolfish grin. Gentlemen, we have bloody work before us. Best we get to it.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

How should we deal with the half orc in the next room? Open the door and everyone sends a round of missle fire in at him before we charge in? Ferox's bow, my sling, Gaius and Odric can do daggers or tangle foot bags or a gnome carcass, Morkeleb's magic... The ranger trails off looking to the others.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

I cannot tolerate any risk to those children. What if we had Kip open the door and call for Giggles' is help? it would get him away from the kids and we could ambush him once he is inside this room. it might even be a good idea to have Kip shout insults at Giggles


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)
Odric the Stout wrote:
I cannot tolerate any risk to those children. What if we had Kip open the door and call for Giggles' is help? it would get him away from the kids and we could ambush him once he is inside this room. it might even be a good idea to have Kip shout insults at Giggles

Grym nods in agreement.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

A good plan, Odric.

Before we do, Gaius will inspect the cabinet for traps and then open the lock.

Find Traps 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Disarm:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Open Locks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Retry If Needed:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Retry If Needed:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

If nothing unexpected happens with these actions, Gaius will position himself flanking the door and hide.

Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Gaius will ready a sneak attack as soon as Giggles is in the room with us.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Within the cabinet is disappointingly little. On your second attempt you spring the lock. Inside are 3 small sacks of coin. Each contains 50 coins. Two contain pinches, and one contains shields.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I shall immediately put him to sleep. Keep in mind, though, that the Sleep spell is complicated, and takes time to cast. He won't fall right away, it takes a few seconds to complete the dweomer.

in other words, Sleep is a full round to cast, so it comes into effect just before my turn the round after I cast it. Giggles will get a turn before he FAILS HIS SAVE against Sleep.
.
Also, I suggest that one of us keep a running total of undivided treasure. I can do it, since I've got a char. sheet/profile already set up, if no one has any objections.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

[Ooc] thus far Adam has updated the Obsidian Portal page. There is some unappraised treasure there.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Chris Marsh wrote:
thus far Adam has updated the Obsidian Portal page. There is some unappraised treasure there.

question is, do I trust Adam to keep the tally??? :-) But since he started, it's better to keep one list. It's all you, Sarge.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric considers the room's layout, waiting for Kip to suggest a decent hiding place. He dismisses the cabinet, knowing that if the battle with Giggles goes poorly, Kip will be trapped without escape.

An idea dawns on Odric, he lowers his stance, puts his hands out to the sides and gets an odd expectant look on his face. At the quizzical looks he gets from all, he boldly states, I have a Plan.

Odric begins madly scribbling on a piece of parchment he produces from his backpack with the charred end of a stick he retrieves from behind his ear. The others in the room wonder at how it could have stayed in place throughout the excitement of the evening.

Thorgrym notes Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15 that there is a copious amount of grease holding Odric's hair style in place that may have held it. Grym ponders Odric's unique hairstyle distractedly while Odric continues to mutter and scribble.

With his tongue protruding from the corner of his mouth and a look of intense concentration on his face, Odric continues his diagram of the Plan. He unconsciously interrupts himself periodically with slashing motions of the arms, ducking and turning as he furiously captures the masterful strategery on parchment.

Triumphantly, he finishes the last dramatic arrows which seem to point off the page to the far, far east, then straightens and addresses the enthralled room.

First, Gaius will pull the door open without allowing the occupants of the room to see him. Kip will show himself, and shout the following: Odric leans to Kip's ear and whispers for an oddly long time while the boy nods gravely. When Odric finishes, Kip breaks into a smile and nods enthusiastically, which will throw Giggles into a rage.

Giggles will immediately rush to strike at Kip for his insolence and gall Here Odric indicates vaguely a large smudge on the greasy parchment.

Gaius will then slam the door shut and Morkeleb, you will spirit Kip safely into the hallway and close the door. Odric hands Kip a large partially eaten drumstick from some unidentified fowl that he produces from the depths of his pack. In case you see a dog Odric explains to a bewildered Kip.

Ferox, have an arrow nocked, because unless I miss my guess the door will fly open and Giggles will come through it looking for Kip's hide. Morkeleb, I recommend a thrown dagger or some other spell, save your sleep enchantment for Lamm as indicated here

Odric's large finger jabs at the diagram distractedly, seemingly pointing at the entire upper left portion of the Plan.

Gaius and I will be flanking this door, prepared to attack Giggles as he emerges. While I attack with this monstrosity featuring the head of a f@*&ing EAGLE! Odric hefts his pick impressively, then noting it is covered in gore and is certainly not gleaming as it should be, makes an ineffective attempt and wiping it clean with his sanguinary sleeve before giving up distractedly ...Gaius will stab Giggles in some of his squishier parts. The stabbing motions are quite convincing and Odric continues indicating minor points of detail on the Plan.

Anyway, there's more but this is the main idea. Are there questions? Odric holds the Plan before him face up and looks from face to face with authority. The Plan is almost completely obliterated and smudged, but Odric seems quite pleased with it.

His commences deep knee bends whist cracking his knuckles above his head. Kip suppresses a laugh as Odric's gut bulges in a white crescent below his tightly-cinched black leather armor.

The time for action is now, Gentlemen. This can't go wrong. We have a Plan.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Odric gains a +1 morale bonus to attacks and skill checks during the Plan.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I stand watching, stroking chin lightly with left hand. This seems a good plan to me. I support it. I nod appreciatively.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric maneuvers Kip into position before the door, then looks to Gaius for his fine fingered manipulations around the area of the door. A trapped door at this point could be disastrous, although in the middle of a working fish-gutting plant it seems unlikely.

Now that he thinks about it, Thorgrym notes with interest Perception1d20 ⇒ 5 that Odric's hair does not seem to move at all, no matter what the big man does. It is thick with grease and completely immobile. Grym is tempted to touch it, although he briefly considers asking Gaius to check it for traps first.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thorgrym manages to stop pondering Odric's greasy hair, and take up a position on the side of the door behind Odric ready for combat.

Execute the plan, go!


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Chris Marsh wrote:
3 small sacks of coin. Each contains 50 coins. Two contain pinches, and one contains shields.

Thinking back on the treasure they found, Odric laughs realizing that 100 Pinches on 2 sacks would make for some really sore balls. Must be why they keep those shields laying around...for protection.

lol:
Calling multiple copper coins “pinches” elicits laughs and painful tweaks on the arm or backside.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Invoking autopilot on Gaius

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Disarm if needed 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The door is neither rigged nor locked.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Gaius edges open the door as Kip takes his position. The boy gives a nervous nod to Odric, who responds by slapping the ichor coated head of his pick into the meaty palm og his hand. The sloppy sound and minor spray of gnome speak volumes. The door opens, and the sounds of children working crescendo. Giggles, looks up to see the boy take a deep breath and bellow (as much as a boy can), "Hey Giggles, you're so ugly that it looks like your face caught fire and your mother put it out with a fork!

Gaius slams the door and Kip dives to the side, thinking this plan should have included arming him...

I can't update the battle map til Thursday, so we're using our imagination til then.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

my imagination is ready to go, are we rolling initiatives or what?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

I'm good and here. Ready to gut me a half-orc.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

I'll ask my grandfather if I can use his laptop when we get back. It's too hard to do initiative from my phone. Or one of you can do it. Giggles has a +3.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Initiative:
Gaius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Morkeleb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Ferox: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Thorgrym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Odric: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Giggles: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

ROUND 1

If Giggles doesn't come through this door in the next few seconds, make sure the door is opened before my spell is done!

Begin casting Sleep.

This spell is far more complex than any I have cast in the heat of combat before . . . I begin a complex, subtle series of hand motions and arcane utterings. Part of the process includes digging otu a small handful of fine dust from one of the myriad pouches on my belt. I sprinkle some on the crystal that's at the head of my staff, holding the rest of the pinch in my palm as I prepare to blow it toward the door.

Casting time is 1 round, so it takes effect just before my turn next round, and I don't have to decide targets/areas until then.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

A panicked look comes over Odric's intent face as he sees Morkeleb's departure from the Plan. Never having been trained in spellcraft, Odric is not sure what dweomer Morkeleb is preparing, but Odric can certainly see Kip not being spirited out of the room where dangerous combat should commence shortly.

Odric hisses to Kip, Hide! Quickly! and jerks his head towards the door to the hallway behind, from where the party came. Wild-eyed for Kip's safety, Odric looks quite intense. Kip's reaction must depend on his own initiative. Morkeleb appears engrossed in casting some enchantment, waiting for Giggles' grand entrance.

Odric tightens his grip on his pick and returns his attention to the closed door. Unsure as to whether the pounding he hears is Giggles approaching the door or his own heartbeat, ringing in his ears, Odric prepares himself for battle.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

ROUND 1

Gaius looks at Morkeleb, and narrows his eyes. He adjusts quickly to the changing landscape. He hears Giggles tromping towards the door and uses the heavy footfalls to judge his speed.

If the door is not open when Gaius' turn in initiative comes, he will stay out of sight and open the door. If Giggles is within 10' and aware of the party at that time, Gaius will throw a dagger at Giggles. If Giggles not within 10', Gaius will draw an acid flask. After either action, Gaius steps away from the door to cover or a hiding spot.

Thrown Dagger:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Damage:
1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Sneak Attack, if Applicable:
1d6 ⇒ 6

If the door is open when his turn comes, Gaius will ready an attack for when Giggles crosses the threshold into the room. Giggles will be open and out of cover and will hopefully not see Gaius until it is too late. After the attack, Gaius will step 5' out of melee range with Giggles, to cover or a hiding spot.

Readied Attack:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Weapon Damage:
1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Sneak Attack:
1d6 ⇒ 5

Stealth if needed:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

I think that's it. I can't wait to see how this resolves.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

gawddammit, I screwed up dinntI??? Goes from not paying attention.
.
don't know what I was thinking. If the spell gets blown it's my fault, don't change everything because I screwed up!!
.
you all have my apologies.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Round 1

Ferox takes up a position directly away from the door. He'll ready to shoot when Giggles comes through the door.

Ready Attack:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, +1 if within 30'

Damage:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

No worries, just everyone sit tight until Giggles runs in here. Once he does, we kill him.

From a game mechanics standpoint, should we all have prepared actions contingent on Giggle's running into the room? Or maybe initiative doesn't start until he steps in? Do we get a suprise round at that point when he is faced with a roomful of adventurers rather than a lippy little kid?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thorgrym patiently waits up against the wall to the left of the door.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Giggles kicks in the door with his fiot as he brandishes a flail, the juxtaposing of the ferocious entrance with his high pitches giggle is disconcerting. He doesn't even have time to register the trap. It is pure coincidence that his flail absorbs Ferox's arrow.

Desna contains her laughter for Gaius, whose strike lands true, slamming Giggles in the eye. Add virtuous humor to the liquid uniform covering Odric.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

As the eyeball ruptures, Odric rears back in disgust, then continues to lean further and further back, until he is slightly more leaned back than one would suppose is reasonable for balance or tactics. Odric lifts is left leg, then leans a bit further back onto his bent right leg. For an instant, he looks to be on the verge of tipping backward. In that precarious pose, with both arms over his head, the Eagle barely a hands breadth above the floorboards behind him, Odric pauses. Like a stone thrown straight up in the air seems to pause at the zenith of its flight, just so Odric pauses in a moment that stretches two heart beats.

Then like the stone, Odric begins to fall. Thankfully he falls forward. The pick trails behind, gaining speed. The upraised left leg hits first and Odric becomes like a breaking wave. As his foot slams the ground he uncoils, rolling towards Giggles - gaining speed as his arms catch up to his forward momentum. He uses his weight and the speed he has accumlated to drive the Eagle's beak faster and faster to its mark.

Power Attack1d20 + 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 + 2 = 20 for 1d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12 damage

The Eagle has landed.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

If Giggles is somehow still standing after that massive hit w/ the Pick of Destiny, Grym will put him out of his misery w/ his sword.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

However, if the Giggles goes down looking pretty dead, Thorgrym will do a quick visual scan of the room from which the half orc came, (from the doorway, not entering yet...)
perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 if needed

Andoran

Male Unknown All

sorry guys, getting ready to fly home. I'll be back tomorrow.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Invoking autopilot for DM.

"Giggles falls to the ground, motionless. On his corpse you find a Heavy Pick +1, a longbow +1, a longsword +1, a dagger +1, and a fully charged Wand of Magic Missile. Everyone earns 2000 XP"


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:

Invoking autopilot for DM.

"Giggles falls to the ground, motionless. On his corpse you find a Heavy Pick +1, a longbow +1, a longsword +1, a dagger +1, and a fully charged Wand of Magic Missile. Everyone earns 2000 XP"

Ha! Awesome! ...Well played sir.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

I'll be online in a bit

Andoran

Male Unknown All

I'm back!

....Yet again, the slaughter is swift and brutal. Giggles dies with a bubbling froth of blood replacing his sobriquet. The children, both in your room and the lower level waste no time. Life on the streets is hard, life under Lamm is hellish. They immediately break and run for the exits. Kip stands his ground, even giving a kick to Giggles side (and also delivering an impression of the half-orc that connotes bitter familiarity.)

Combat Summary
XP: 80 each.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I let my concentration wane and simply stop the somatic components, and review the brutal, quick carnage.

It appears that I may count myself both wise, and lucky, with the allies I've taken up with. Good show!

welcome back, sir


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Rummaging through Giggles' personal effects, Odric uses his knife to slice a strip of relatively clean cloth from Giggles' admittedly filthy garment. He takes a moment to wipe clean the Eagle's head and returns to his rough treatment of the body in search of any items of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

With his hand inside the half-orc's back pocket, Odric looks to Kip questioningly, Kip, tell me about who else might be with Lamm down below. I want to know what we might face when we attack the bastard. Can you draw out a map of the rest of the building?

Odric freezes, winces and withdraws from his search of Giggles' with a pained look on his face. He commences breathing in short, shallow breaths and starts bending forward at the waist. Kip stares at the man with growing concern, but when Odric straightens, he seems to be better.

Just a bit of gas. Odric explains and returns to his search in earnest. Kip remembers Odric's bouts with gas from the time the big man lived in the loft as his father's apprentice. The boy immediately claps his hand over his nose and mouth and takes three large steps away.

Odric's search is thorough, he examines all the obvious pockets and begins turning the half-orc's clothes inside-out searching for secret pockets or concealed treasures. Giggles' boots come off, which adds to the simply awful odor in the close room.

Quickly, Morkeleb roots around his own pouch and produces some sweet-smelling herbs which the man crushes between his thumb and forefinger then passes to Ferox. The relief the herbs offer is small but welcome. Odric seems oblivious to the grotesque scents surrounding him, perhaps he has become attenuated to it, perhaps he is so engrossed in his task he hasn't realized the stink is making the others' eyes water.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Odric mistakes the gags in Kips reply for fear, and pats the boy on the shoulder to comfort him in this time of stress...

Sirs, no one who goes downstairs ever comes back. It's where kids go when they've been punished one too many times. I doubt that tosser does the killing. He's old and crotchedy, but I don't think the scalywag can do it himself. It's his pet gator, Gobblegut, I bet. So I don't know what's to be expected if you lower yourself down.

I know you're tough, obviously Kip kicks Giggles, and repeats his impression as if it's a compulsion. but Lamm's crafty, and he didn't make it this long without some brains. May Desna smile on you if ye bring and end to his rule of the streets of Korvosa.

Giggles had little of value. He has leather armor (perforated), a heavy flail, light wooden shield, and a cat-o-nine-tails Stats in 'Pirates of the Inner Sea' and little else.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gentlemen? Shall we adjourn to the basement for the night's main event?

Gaius enters the main room and begins a search for the trap door to the lower levels... And to revenge!

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The "trap door" is the 5'x10' tub looking thing on the southern side of the main room. The floor here is slick with seawater, bits of seaweed, and fish blood—the air is thick with the accompanying scent. Wooden catwalks to the north and south allow access to the western part of the fishery, while the floor here is only five feet above the river below. An open bay to the south allows direct access to the sloppy, muddy water, while to the northwest stands an immense ten-foot-tall wooden vat, its sides caked and waterproofed with tar. Inside is a foul-looking mixture of chum, seawater, and who knows what else. To the east are stacked many barrels and crates, each marked in paint with a fish. Nearly two dozen small hammocks hang from under the catwalks, each with its own ratty blanket and pillow. There is little of interest here.

Assuming you peek down through the trap door more is revealed on the map here

A narrow space exists under the fishery, with about four feet of room between the floor of the building above and the languid, foamy river water below. Wooden pilings support the building, and moss and cobwebs hang thick from ropes and rusted chains between them. A wooden walkway floats on the river surface, winding along the inner wall of pilings that supports the building’s frame above, leading from the sodden barge to the east all the way west to a wooden door that leads into an understructure below the fishery’s landbound half.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

First, a quick scan of both Giggles and the room (A7) via Detect Magic

(I'm assuming I won't see anything . . .)

Being accustomed to foul-smelling concoctions of all kinds, Odric the Odiferous only produces a slight curl of the upper lip from the stoic Morkeleb. I am not without sympathy, though, to my companions who may not have the stomach for such vile emissions, and am willing to part with some of my aromatic herbs in order to spare folks from having to buy a second dinner!

Once the noxiousness has been as abataed as can be: Well, gentlemen, it looks as if our path leads this way. I recommend extreme caution--Gobblegut is quite a nasty creature by reputation (I've not laid eyes on him myself, but have heard tales to be sure!). Once battle is joined, I will concentrate on making sure Lamm doesn't escape, and after that I'll support the warriors in killing the gator to the best of my ability.
.
I suggest, when we find him, the warriors weaken the gator with missiles before closing. Aligator jaws are most unforgiving.
.
I also suggest that Kip make himself scarce; since he hasn't been downstairs, his value as a scout is not enough to counterbalance the danger. Kip, you have our thanks for your help.
I shake his hand firmly.

Any other suggestions, comments, pep-speeches, or the like, before we delve deeper into this cespool?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

This is really bad timing, but I have security job this weekend. I'll be working 18 hour days Sat/Sun/Mon and wont be home till Tuesday afternoon (then back to my regular job). Anyway, I forsee someone having to play my guy. Odric, DM...


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:
This is really bad timing, but I have security job this weekend. I'll be working 18 hour days Sat/Sun/Mon and wont be home till Tuesday afternoon (then back to my regular job). Anyway, I forsee someone having to play my guy. Odric, DM...

No problem - be safe

251 to 300 of 6,817 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.