Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]



2,451 to 2,500 of 6,522 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Yes, let's go.

Odric leads the way. He indicates that the priest should follow him closely. As he walks the fighter keeps his hand on his sword in his eyes peeled. Odric takes the most direct route to the field marshal.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 64/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 58/58)

Unless anyone says otherwise, the ranger lets the two well armored warriors lead the way. He and Bucho take the rear and keep a sharp eye out for danger.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Sorry gentlemen. I'm back.

Reaching Citadel Volshyenek poses little problem, despite Ishani’s fear to the contrary. You are greated warmly by the on duty guards, men whom you now recognize immediately. The echoes of forcefully spoken but still just-missed words resound off the imposing granite and iron walls of Citadel Volshyenek’s outer curtain. Dozens of red-and-silver-armored guards stand in assembly upon the pitted stone mustering ground here, mumbling in hushed, somber tones. Before them, atop a weathered wooden platform, paces Field Marshal Kroft, her eyebrows arched sternly as she momentarily tolerates the crowd’s murmurs. Behind her upon the scaffold stand three grizzled veteran guardsmen at attention, as well as an ominous-looking group. These men wear cowled robes of oily-looking leather, supple gloves, and wide black hats. Some grip heavy canes, others dark satchels. Each of them, though, wears a dark-goggled mask tapering to a pointed beak. Among them stand two others. The first is a middleaged gentleman in a simple black overcoat with streaks of white gracing the sides of his short dark hair. He watches the gathered guards with a soft, concerned expression, his hands tightly clasping a heavy-looking doctor’s case. The second figure is an imposing one indeed—a woman dressed in full-plate armor, a longsword and shield at her side, and her blank-faced full helm sporting a bright red plume.

The Field Marshal’s fierce tone cuts through the rumble of whispers. “You will escort Doctor Davaulus and his men in their royal duties wherever those might take them. Furthermore, you are to consider orders from any of the queen’s new order of Gray Maidens to be as binding as any superior officer in the Korvosan Guard or Sable Company. You are guardsmen of Korvosa. You will not balk. These are dire times and your city needs these healers. Your city needs you. Your patrol leaders have your assignments. Dismissed!”


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric approaches the FM and introduces Ishanti (sp?). He asks what if anything he can do to help with the healers, where they came from and who the armored lady is.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; DR 3/- T=16; FF=23; HP 86/88; Init+2; Per +6; +13F+8R+4W

Sandor carefully watches The FM and the 2 special guests. During the formation, orders and subsequent adjournment. I am wanting a feel on the interaction between the 3 of them, like who is in charge, if there is contempt, respect, or annoyance that type of stuff.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Is the mask the same as what was identified earlier by Trinia as a "Doctors Mask"?. If so the question ponders was Dr Davaulus or one of those men that conducted her shall we say interrogation and pronouncment of guilt.

Any present historic mention of the Grey Maidens or any previous "King or Queen Special Militia or Company?"

Knowledge Nobility (will that work if not local is a +7):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


You definitely get a hunch that there is some kind of rivalry going on. It's a tense moment, and for now you feel that Kroft is nominally in charge of the whole situation.

Yes, the mask looks exactly like the painting done by Trinia. Nothing new about the Grey Maidens, but Sable Company everyone knows something about, but you Sandor, know a lot.

Sandor:
The Sable Company of Korvosa is an elite, hippogriff-mounted company of marines. The commandant of the Company does not answer to the ruling monarch of the city-state, instead reporting directly to the Seneschal of Castle Korvosa. While the Korvosan Guard patrols the streets of the city, the Sable Company has jurisdiction over the skies and waters around Korvosa. The two organizations work closely together and the marines rely on their ties with the Guard to further coordinate efforts with the Hellknights and the Acadamae, both of whom are not on good terms with the Sable Company. Occasionally, the Sable Company pre-emptively strikes at the city's foes. They are known to employ spies placed in key locations throughout the region in order to monitor potential enemies. One infamous failure of this tactic was when the mutilated body of an agent was left in Korvosa's busiest marketplace, a warning from the Riddleport crimelord, Clegg Zincher.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius patiently watches the guards, doctors and the Grey Maiden disperse. His face a mask, a playful smirk that nothing can break.

He strolls up to Field Marshall Kroft and formally bows, giving her due respect. He straightens up, and addresses the Field Marshall.

Field Marshall Kroft, may we present Ishani Dhatri of The Bank of Abadar? The Bank has been seeing to the sick and requested this introduction of us.

Gaius presents Dhatri (Title? Banker?) to Field Marshall Kroft and then steps back to stand just to the side.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41
Odric the Stout wrote:
Odric approaches the FM and introduces Ishanti (sp?). He asks what if anything he can do to help with the healers, where they came from and who the armored lady is.

Just noticed this now, Adam. I'm not trying to steal your thunder.

Gaius will accompany Odric and make the introduction with him.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; DR 3/- T=16; FF=23; HP 86/88; Init+2; Per +6; +13F+8R+4W

Sandor follows the rest to the FM. When her eyes pass over him he says Field Marshal it's good ta see ya again bows his head slightly and defers to The rest preferring to watch and listen. But after her speech to the assembled guard he has doubts about how many guards she will be able to spare for Ishanti's request


The look in Kroft's eyes is one of relief to see you. Clearly you've become more than agents to her. It gives her a chance to cut the Doctor's time in the sun short. Unexpectedly, the doctor turns to the facemen of the party,

He bows gracefully (knowledge local or Nobility), and not only tips his hat, but lifts his mask allowing him to make eye-contact. "Greetings gentlemen, [b](his Taldane is filled with a variety of nuances, picking his point of origin is impossible). "I understand that this is a trying time, and others in my profession are equally unnerving, but I assure you I am not her for political reasons. I am here to do what I can. My name is Dr. Davaulus. I have some time now before duty calls me. If you have questions, speak and have fears lessened."

...At this point, FM Kroft's countenence is guarded, and you can't get a read on her Well you might if anyone is confident in their Sense Motive.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Am I confident in my...

Sense Motive:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21?

Knowledge Local on the graceful bow:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Gaius returns the bow, in a fashion appropriate for his station.

Dr. Davaulus, we are honored to meet you. With all due respect, we need a moment with Field Marshall Kroft. When our business with her has concluded, we would be delighted to discuss the current situation with you, in manner that is appropriate. I would not wish to be unjustly accused of discourtesy or of any other crimes of etiquette towards the Field Marshall, or towards our charge, Master Dhatri.

Gaius grins like The Cheshire Cat and watches the good Dr. for any reaction for a moment before turning attention back towards Dhatri and Kroft.

The italicized emphasis is slight but deliberate. A casual listener wouldn't notice anything except perhaps slightly dramatic phrasing.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; DR 3/- T=16; FF=23; HP 86/88; Init+2; Per +6; +13F+8R+4W

the rolls first

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 To detect if the dr is being truthful about him not being there for political reason

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Field Marshal's reaction

Knowledge Noblility: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Sandor returns the greeting and bow if sociallly dictated. He doesn't speak at this time, letting the rogue and his words speak for him. He feels good when Gaius slips in his double entandre, and watches for any reaction from the good Dr. to see if he catches the meaning.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Gaius, your.... performance seems to either be lost on the good doctor, or he's just good. You don't recognize the bow (

Sandor:
You do, it's all the rage with the latest in Cheliax
). Both of you think that at least in this doctor, he's being truthful in his apolitical claims.

Neither of you get a better read on the field marshal.

Dr "If you have no questions for me, by all means, please see to the Field Marshall."


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; DR 3/- T=16; FF=23; HP 86/88; Init+2; Per +6; +13F+8R+4W

Ahh good Dr. I have questions, but not at this time. Fer we're 'ere on the honorable Master Dhatri's time. Maybe we can talk at a later time

In showing his worldly ways, he returns the appropriate Cheliaxian based bow.

He leads the way to the Field Marshal's office, pauses at the door opening it so Cressida can enter first then the rest. After evreyone is inside, he enters shuts the door and takes position just to the side of it.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

What are we waiting on?


Now alone, the Field Marshal opens up. "Gentlemen, at first nothing seemed out of the ordinary. There are always sick and diseased people in the city. It's not a matter for the guard, not by a longshot. As individual churches began to lose ground against the tide, word began to spread. Now it appears we're in trouble. I'm currently diverting guardsmen to help catalog the sick and make note of the worst neighborhoods. The queen's doctors say they'll handle quarantining the sick and healing those whom they can. The problem is, there are currently more sick than there are spells to cure them... This is where you come in. I can' waste your time with the mundane. I need you to help me with any hotspots, and help find the source of this disease. Anyway, that's where I stand. What questions do you have for me?"


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

We are happy to help. Where are the hotspots? Are there any leads on the cause of the disease?

Odric scratches his neatly trimmed beard thoughtfully. The effect is more respected warrior than town drunk, given his stature and grooming. A shift that is somewhat striking when his recent persona was exactly that sort of sodden lout but a year ago.

We had an early theory that the ship that was sunk in the harbor might be related, as the first cases appeared the next morning. Are there any other indications that might be the case?

Odric adds almost as an afterthought, I don't suppose anyone has explored the sunken hulk, have they?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

After her response to Odric . . .

Field Marshall, kindly share with us any documents your people have assembled so I can go over them as a starting point in our investigation.

After a moment's thought . . . I wonder whether Odric might be on to something, but from a different direction. Could the ship have been a ruse, a distraction for the real act of starting and spreading a sickness? Field Marshall, had there been any other reports--no matter how minor--of strange occurrances on the same night as, or immediately after, the ship incident?


FM "We have not explored the wreak yet, no. The disease seems to hit the poorest sections hardest, which makes sense in any epidemic. Before the Doctor arrived I had just received word that some of the crews tasked with bringing the bodies to the Gray District are getting lazy and just dumping them into alleys. Can you check out Racker's Alley in the west of Old Korvosa after we finish here?" The Field Marshall makes her way to the city map, laying a gentle hand on Gaius's shoulder on her way by. She points to the alley.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Aren't Morkeleb and Ferox back at the Bank trying to organize the crowd and gather info from them?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 64/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 58/58)

Grym nods in agreement with FMs orders of going to investigate the alley. He and Bucho are ready to go.


Ferox Kerr wrote:
Aren't Morkeleb and Ferox back at the Bank trying to organize the crowd and gather info from them?

I must have lost this train of thought, or failed to note that it was more than fluff. You would not have produced any additional leads from the crowd.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Ferox Kerr wrote:
Aren't Morkeleb and Ferox back at the Bank trying to organize the crowd and gather info from them?
I must have lost this train of thought, or failed to note that it was more than fluff. You would not have produced any additional leads from the crowd.

Whoops!! Chalk that up to my forgetting due to the extended quiet. Maybe when we discerned that we weren't getting anywhere, we caught up to them at the citadel?


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

So, we're assuming that Ferox and Mokeleb have rejoined the group with the Field Marshall?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

What do I know about Racker's alley? Anything? It's close to my home.


Gaius:
Racker's is nothing of note. It's not a hang out for beggers or prostitutes. It's close by the old wall, so it's not even a good spot to hide in. It's a curious choice, but then again that might be the best reason to use it."

Yes, let's assume everyone is there.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric hires a carriage to take a group to the alley.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 64/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 58/58)
Odric the Stout wrote:
Odric hires a carriage to take a group to the alley.

Grym is trying hard to show that he isnt excited to be riding in a carriage. That was something only rich people did. He has a good time on his first carriage ride.


The trip to Old Korvosa is straight forward. The poverty here is such that the carriage causes the locals to gawk a bit.

The map is in the Campaign Info tab, and will always be there.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

We all enter the building and arrange ourselves in a combat posture outside of the first inner door to the south. Gaius is ready to detect traps/pick locks. The door is flanked by Odric and Sandor. Behind Odric is Grym and Bucho. Hanging back ready to support with ranged attacks, Morkeleb and Ferox are poised to attack.

Anyone object? Lets do this.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 64/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 58/58)

I forgot what we are doing? Ill go back and re-read in a sec.

Grym blindly agrees with Odrics orders. Bucho blindly agrees with Gryms orders


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Nice, the blind leading the blind. I love it.
As I understand it, we are seeking the source of the sickness. We took a carriage to this alley and went inside the building. We are about to open the door to the south.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; DR 3/- T=16; FF=23; HP 86/88; Init+2; Per +6; +13F+8R+4W

I concur and Sandor can help assist Gaius on locks and traps if necessary.
damn you Paizo for being down so long


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 64/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 58/58)
Odric the Stout wrote:

Nice, the blind leading the blind. I love it.

Thorgrym believes in teamwork so is willing to act if a trusted party member starts giving orders.

And down the road when Grym suddenly realizes something and the needs the party to ACT NOW with no time to explain he hopes they will assist and not baulk asking stupid questions while the moment for action slips away...


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:
Odric the Stout wrote:

Nice, the blind leading the blind. I love it.

Thorgrym believes in teamwork so is willing to act if a trusted party member starts giving orders.

And down the road when Grym suddenly realizes something and the needs the party to ACT NOW with no time to explain he hopes they will assist and not baulk asking stupid questions while the moment for action slips away...

Odric nods in silent agreement.


You are here as a personal request of the Field Marshal. She worries that some of the men charged with clearing out the infected are getting lazy and simply dumping the bodies. If so, that poses a risk to the inhabitants of Old Korvosa....


The high walls of the surrounding buildings throw this awkwardly bent alley into constant shadow. Although littered with garbage and filth, the refuse isn’t the most stomach-turning trait of this rundown sideway. Heaped against a bent wooden wall rises a pile of more than three dozen plague victims, their faces blistered and flushed, eyes open and staring. The scent of death is overpowered by the reek of rot, suggesting that some of these corpses have lain here for days.

Inside, unbalanced stuffed animals, poorly equipped toy soldiers, and dolls exhibiting myriad accidental deformities stare blankly out of the filth-smeared front window of this toy store showroom. Several heavy-looking kites dangle purple and crimson tails from the ceiling above, and a dollhouse recreating Castle Korvosa’s intimidating towers dominates a table in the room’s center. Festooned with tiny bells, the shop’s entrance stands to the north, across from a counter cluttered with dusty candies and a doorway marked “Private.”


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 64/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 58/58)

Though disgusted at the pile of dead bodies outside and the lack of respect given them. Thorgrym is much more disturbed by the strange "toy store". The deformed dolls make this more the scene of a deranged nightmare then an adventure. The ranger cant help but shudder a little as he gets the willies. Yet seeing his trusty canine companion blindly following him, oddly gives Grym strength. He chastizes himself for his childish superstitions. He seeks to be at least half the man Bucho sees him as.
Backing Odric and Sandor while Gaius is at the door, Grym pulls his sling out and loads it ready for combat.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:33/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Plan: clear the house, hide and wait until someone dump a body.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

A sound plan, but . . .

Ferox, you're better versed in the healing arts than I. To what extent are we posing a risk to ourselves by lingering here?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Can someone tell me why we assumed the toy store was involved?

Gaius listens at the door and checks for traps and alarms.

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Perception +11, Disable Device +9 with MW tools.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Probably because the DM mentioned it. But I don't know that there is that assumption; Odric just wants to use it as a place to scout the alley--correct?


The only reason is because when I checked the map, you guys had entered it. I needed flavor text for where you were standing :-)

Gaius, you hear nothing through the door, and the rather simple lock is easy for you to pick.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

I agree with Gaius. Why are we assaulting the toy store? All we know is that bodies have been dumped in the nearby alley. Wouldn't we be better served by seeing if we can track down who's been doing the dumping?

Ferox remains outside. Other than being a crappy toy store in a poor neighborhood, he sees no need to assault a lawful business. He hasn't seen anything yet that would justify needing to "clear out" the store and residence, in the Field Marshall's name no less. Nothing suspicious has yet surfaced to include investigation of the toy store. He finds the group's unlawful B&E distateful.

Heeding Morkeleb's question, Ferox takes a closer look at the dead and attempts to ascertain how they were brought here, how long ago, whether he can pick up a trail to the perpetrators, and how susceptible the group may be to the infection.

Ferox takes the time to seek Abadar's guidance for each task.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Track: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius backs off, and hangs back towards the exit.


Ferox:
Ferox, the bodies look to have been uncerimoniously dumped here. The ones on the bottom look to be a week or so, but the ones on the top could have been mere hours ago. Based on what you know of the Blood Veil, yes, merely being here has exposed you all. What's interesting is that many of the bodies are NOT plague-riddled. While most look to have succombed to the Blood Veil, the others all have equally spaced piercing wounds....on their necks. Finally, the pile of bodies covers a small hole in the wall. Inside you can see a quartet of men laying in ambush by the door to the toy store. You're clearly in earshot, and if you're not careful - they may just hear you.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Now we have a reason to assault the toy store. Vampires!

Ferox double moves to the entrance of the toy store. He quickly and quietly alerts the others to the presence of the four men on the other side of the door, as well as the potential for vampires.


Stealth check with full speed penalty?


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

With a quick prayer to Abadar, Ferox races around the corner.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 5 = 14


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 64/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 58/58)

Grym never left his position as Odric and Sandor's backup inside the obviously evil toy store. The ranger feel vindicated for his "case of the willies". His gut was trying to tell him about the damned vampires!
He is ready to turn the tide on the "would be" ambushers. Perhaps they could lay a trap just inside their side of the door. Move some shelfs around to make a wall of some sort with choke points for killing...

2,451 to 2,500 of 6,522 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.