Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 1

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]



2,001 to 2,050 of 6,844 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Dammit, I was hoping for the 2000th post! But the DM got it. He gets the XP bonus

ROUND 1

What manner of creature is this, who withstands a blow such as that?? Let's see what can be done here . . .

On the assumption that a creature this tough and strong likely doesn't have a keen enough mind to have strong willpower, Morkeleb falls comfortably into his own strenght, at long last--enchantments.

I don't fight fair either, beast! Let's start with . . .

A quick word and flourish of his staff brings about a burst of green light focusing first on the staff's headpiece, then in a tightly focused burst in front of Cabbage Face's eyes.

Daze. Will DC 17; fail=no actions for 1 round


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Dammit, I was hoping for the 2000th post! But the DM got it. He gets the XP bonus

ROUND 1

What manner of creature is this, who withstands a blow such as that?? Let's see what can be done here . . .

On the assumption that a creature this tough and strong likely doesn't have a keen enough mind to have strong willpower, Morkeleb falls comfortably into his own strength, at long last--enchantments.

I don't fight fair either, beast! Let's start with . . .

A quick word and flourish of his staff brings about a burst of green light focusing first on the staff's headpiece, then in a tightly focused burst in front of Cabbage Face's eyes.

Daze. Will DC 17; fail=no actions for 1 round


Repost:
Ferox
Cabbage Head
Sandor
Odric
Morkeleb
Gaius
Grym

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8 And Cabbagehead, whose entrails now slicken the ground, all of a sudden simply stands still for a moment, right as the East and West flanks make their moves.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:
Odric the Stout wrote:
if a 20 barely hits and 14 damage is an annoyance, let's pass that magic ring around on each man's turn.
If the rules work that way Im all for it.

Careful--that's how the Iron Fellowship lost thier Horn of Blasting against the Iron Golem!!


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius takes full advantage of stealth and flanking position and attempts to tickle Cabbagehead's spleen.

Sneak Attack, Rapier:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Seeing the monster's will slacken in response to Morkeleb's spell, Gaius goes into his pack and produces a tanglefoot bag.

Enchanter, perhaps it's time we brought some fire to bear.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:
Enchanter, perhaps it's time we brought some fire to bear.

All in due time, sir. I'll numb his mind to give you boys a chance to stab him--we don't want you all getting bored, now do we? The fire will come!!


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Round 1 21/26 HPs, AC17

Grym moves slashing with his svord.
Svord 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


While Gaius's attack is turned wide, Grym opens wide another wound. This should be fatal, but still the behemoth bellows in his dazed state.

Ferox


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Ferox lines up his shot on the wounded creature and hopes he can end this conflict quickly.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Ferox's wrath infused attack pays off. The Inquisitor drives the arrow deep into Cabbage Head's neck. The brute finally succumbs to the wounds and drops to the floor, his innards now mostly his outards....

XP 133


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Well struck, gents!

Let's see if there is an easy way to get the prisoners out of the pits--is there a ladder or similar device in the room?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Are any of the discarded body parts from the shoanti corpse we are collecting?


There's no ladder, but the pits are shallow enough to help someone up with a hand. There are about 10 dead people, 4 living, and parts of upwards of 20 more. One of the legs in a pit matches your...collection.

The living prisoners are weak, but none are diseased (hard to work with diseased flesh apparently.)


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

After assisting the living prisoners out--or overseeing the stronger folk doing it--Morkeleb attempts to lift out the leg with Mage Hand. This might be too heavy for my spell, gentlemen--if so, we'll need another means to get it out.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym hops down into the pit to retrieve the shoanti limb. As long he is there he does a quick search (peception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13). He tosses the limb up to the group and then climbs out.
Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Once out of the pit, Grym takes his pack off and pulls out what little food he has in there. A hard biscuit and a couple pieces of jerky. When Bucho comes forward and sits obediantly, he rips off just a small bit of the jerky to reward him with. The rest he gives out to the four starving prisoners, along with his skin of clean water. He then looks to Odric, and whispers I'm sure you have something to share....

The ranger looks to the others, should we question these poor prisoners? Should they wait here while we clean out these warrens? Or should they come with us.
Either way Thorgrym votes they head for the souther door in room D7 on Odric's map.


The prisoners are thankful, and you are all given displays ranging from hugs and handshakes, to groveling and boot kissing. More than a couple show particular interest in Gaius.

It's a simple matter to drop down, retrieve the leg and get back up.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Make a quick search of Cabbage Face, including detect magic.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

I don't believe we should bring these people with us while we explore, they will likely impede our efforts. We should escourt them to the exit, and then continue. HOwever, questioning them would be a good idea . . .

Assuming no one objects to my thought of escourting htem to the exit, while we do so I ask some of the healthier ones:

Is there anything you can tell us that might help us bring the necromancer down? How many albino helpers did he have, how many undead beasts, and the like?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric shares all of his food, offering a word of caution against gorging after not having eaten for a long time. He gently assists them with eating and talks to them in a friendly tone. Odric offers each one comfort and sustenance. He furthermore tells the freed slaves he will protect them at all costs until they can be returned to the outside world and safety.


Cabbage head actually does have something of interest, his studded leather armor has a faint abjuration glow to it.

The rescued slaves don't have much in the way of information. You do get a physical description of the necromancer. They can't tell you how many of the albinos there are. A rather attractive half Elvin woman who seems to be a bit more level headed then the rest tells you that there is 1 activated golem in the complex.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 81/81; Init+3; Per +12; +12F+9R+5W

Sandor also shares what food he has, and as he talks to each gently he points out everyone's name except his.

Odric I agree we need to get these innocents out. I would love to have them go to the guard and lodge a complaint against Rolth so he can be tried or sentenced for his crimes.

So let's assess the situation, we have the head, torso, and one leg of our Shoanti warrior. We still need to find the other leg and the arms. Lets hope they are not on the active golem.

If any of them ask him his name, he politely deflects by saying that he is no hero and just doing what any dwarf would do so his name isn't of any importance.

To the female 1/2 elf: Lass might ya know where in the complex this golem is?

I suggest that we start at the door on the south wall of room D7. Should we escort them out, or trust 2 of the stronger ones to get them out of here?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

we all stay together escort them out and then return immediately. we should be prepared in the event we are attacked on the way out. if that should happen all freed slaves should run to the back of the room. The fighters will defend them on the front line. it is critical that none of them try to attack the enemies. Odric communicate this very clearly and very sternly. he emphasizes that this is for their own safety.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym goes along with whatever the party wants to do about the prisoners. As long as they are well treated the ranger doesnt have too much of an opinion.
Why the others are questionng the freed prisoners, Grym and Bucho are doing there best to beon watch for roving monsters.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Miss, you're sure it's a golem? Can you tell me anything more about it--describe it to me? We may end up fighting it, and I'd like to be able to tell my friends what will work, and what will not!

I'll also try to identify the leather armor while I remove it (while the others are feeding and instructing the earstwhile prisoners)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


I'm sure Mr. Dwarf. I grey up in Kaer Maga, and we know our golems. Tis a Flesh golem, though not a good one. I'm not sure where it is. Time is hard to tell down here but I'd guess ....yesterday?... It went on a rampage in a room to the North. I'd guess there.

Morkeleb:
Studded Leather Armor +1


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I shall assume the Mr. Dwarf comment was you thinking I'm playing Harnac right now and let it slide . . .

Any thoughts as to what flavor of golem she's describing, and what we should and shouldn't fight it with?

Know (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


She was also addressing Sandor at the time...

She gives you a description of a flesh golem....you're pretty sure. If it's a correctly constructed golem, it would likely end in your deaths. They shrug off most weapon blows, they're immune to magic, and their electrically enhanced strength has the potential to break a dwarf's neck in one punch.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

gentlemen, we need to exercise extreme caution if we come anywhere near this golem. If it is what it sounds like, we won't stand a chance against it in battle. In fact ... Morkeleb puts on the robe of Bones If we do come across it, I'll try to stall it with the undead creatuers this robe will produce to give us time to escape. We need to either find this thing and avoid it, or be prepared to run if it is with Rolth, as he'll likely be able to command it against us.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Could that not be the same flesh golem that was strapped down to a table and the dwarf beheaded?
We were also in at least one room where some of the discarded body parts on the floor were still twitching and moving. That could have been parts from a dismantled golem.
Lets move on and run away from that bridge if we come to it.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 81/81; Init+3; Per +12; +12F+9R+5W
Dungeon Master S wrote:

She was also addressing Sandor at the time...

She gives you a description of a flesh golem....you're pretty sure. If it's a correctly constructed golem, it would likely end in your deaths. They shrug off most weapon blows, they're immune to magic, and their electrically enhanced strength has the potential to break a dwarf's neck in one punch.

Scoffs at the DM's warning.. Heed this Loki you have a army(golem), we have a Hulk (Odric)....

I will follow the party's wishes... as long as I get 56 more xp which we should since we still need 1 leg and 2 arms


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym starts hinting that it is time to keep move.
He begins herding the masses into an organized escort/adventuring party designed to bring the prisoners back to the entrance and then the party back into the hunt...


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric assists.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

The route we take is out of this room, north then west to D7. Direct route through D6, D5 then D1 and out of the complex. Is there a reasonable expectation that 4 ex-slaves turned loose at the entrance could safely get back to civilization? Or are we in da hood?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)
Odric the Stout wrote:

The route we take is out of this room, north then west to D7. Direct route through D6, D5 then D1 and out of the complex. Is there a reasonable expectation that 4 ex-slaves turned loose at the entrance could safely get back to civilization? Or are we in da hood?

I have two spare knives they can have/borrow. They can wait for us at the entrance. Hide behind the gargoyle statue or something.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Someone should put on the new magic armor. I am upgrading to chain mail after this dungeon, so I don't need it. Also I can donate my studded leather to anyone who wants it.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)
Odric the Stout wrote:
Someone should put on the new magic armor. I am upgrading to chain mail after this dungeon, so I don't need it. Also I can donate my studded leather to anyone who wants it.

Sandor might need to do some resizing. Studded Leather is my brand. If nobody likes the armor, maybe Ill take it and someone else can have the ring.


You can safely assume the prisoners are okay once led to the entrance. The question for you guys is, do you go back in?

Grym can technically put the armor on now.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I believe we should press our advantage. If we leave now, Rolth will know he's being targetted. We might still take him unawares now. My resources are adequate to continue--just mind we run from the golem!


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)
Dungeon Master S wrote:

You can safely assume the prisoners are okay once led to the entrance. The question for you guys is, do you go back in?

Grym can technically put the armor on now.

Grym removes the magic ring of protection (+1) and hands it off to another member of the party. The ranger strips out of his old very worn armor and dons the studded leather once worn by CabbageHead the Brute.

Now armored and armed with the prisoners seen to saftey, the ranger faces the open, dark, portal back into the Dead Warrens. Blade in hand and noble beast at his side, Grym stands to stir their hearts to adventure and killing...
Once more unto the breech dear friends, once more...


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric will slip the ring onto his finger, if only to hold it until someone else claims it.

Seriously, if you need it, speak up. I'm doing a lot of toe-to-toe work, but guys like Ferox, and Gaius are in the mix too without hte benefit of Odric's HPs or soon-to-be-sweet chain mail.

He motions, Let's go! with his left hand as his right hand grips the hilt of his falchion tightly.

For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition.
And gentlemen in Korvosa now abed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us in The Dead Warrens today.

Odric calls absently over his shoulder as he descends into the gloom with Grym.

He starts back into the complex, heading south through the first room (D1) then west to the unexplored passage.

He is afraid that Gaius will have heard something about "into breeches" and "holding manhoods" and get distracted. Nothing to be done about it. There is a Golem to fight and a Wizard to trick into participating!


+1 on S's next dice roll for his version of the St. Crispan's. (Trade Korvosa for 'Korv'sa' to keep the meter.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Phil did it too!


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Ferox refrains from any claim on the armor or ring. Those in the thick of the fights would benefit from them more.

Having escorted the freed prisoners back to the entrance of the warrens, Ferox is eager to return to the search for Rolth.

Part way down the southern hallway from the first room is a passage leading west. I think we should continue our exploration there.


I missed Phil's line. Phil too! for the record, I'm a huge fan of adapting the wording of real world poetry into gaming terms. (Wars are fought by swords and spells, but they are won by men and elves"


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Magic Studded leather would be a huge upgrade for Gaius (+2 to AC, no armor check penalty) but Grym's a good choice. I suppose that's what I get for being away all weekend. :P

I agree with Ferox.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41
Odric the Stout wrote:
He is afraid that Gaius will have heard something about "into breeches" and "holding manhoods" and get distracted.

No fears. Gaius is a professional. And a capitalist, as well. Not a homosexual.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)
Ferox Kerr wrote:


Part way down the southern hallway from the first room is a passage leading west. I think we should continue our exploration there.

Are we doing this? I think Odric also suggested this route. Grym has no objection.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

GO GO GO!


Rank with the stink of sweat and mud, this cavern contains four filthy straw pallets and a low table covered with dice and a miniature maze of carved clay. It looks as though it was occupied rather recently. A door stands ajar to the South, and it looks like it would blend in very well if it were closed.

map[/map


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

And stairs going down?

Gaius leads the way down, scouting just ahead. He'll test the stairs as he descends, looking for surprises.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

You take the good, you take the bad...

2,001 to 2,050 of 6,844 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.