Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 2

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]


Curse of the Crimson Throne Perception:


  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+18[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius*]d20+16[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym**]d20+12[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+12[/dice]

*Does not include Trapspotter.
**Does not include Favored Enemy, Favored Terrain, or Bucho


1,651 to 1,700 of 7,557 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

It's a disgusting room to search through, and you find plenty of.... things... mostly severed limbs and other offal. Sadly, you discover nothing of value with your search.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

Wait--here

Morkeleb uses his staff as a divining rod, which points to an area of mud and goop, covered by skeletal remains. He gingerly pushes these aside with his already soiled boot, and comes up with a bottle.

He looks carefully at the bottle, doing his best to clean off the stopper and mouth so as to not sully the contents. Between carefully studying the aura and giving a small taste (going by scent is a lost cause in this room) . . .

Hmm, this appears to be . . .

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

Morkeleb:
An Elixer of Vision


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

So... Back to D5 and head east?

Gaius goes to the east passage and peers down.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

This is an Elixer of Vision. It enhances the drinker's sensory perceptions, and it lasts 1 hour.
.
My guess is that this is best suited for either Gaius, or Grym.

+10 to Perception for 1 hour


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:63/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will +5/+7 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

Odric follows Gaius with a brown Eagle shining anemic light through the film of filth.

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

New map here.

The walls and ceiling of this tall hallway are encrusted with dozens of yawning skulls, their mouths open into dark holes in the walls.


Male Human Ranger 8, AC 21, HPs 52/103, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 81/81)

Grym and Bucho also follow Gaius eager to continue the exploration of the tunnels.


Male Human Ranger 8, AC 21, HPs 52/103, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 81/81)

The ranger searches the southern wall of the skull encrusted chamber. Grym feels there should be a secret door or something there.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

This looks like an excellent place to hide a trap. The skulls give me the creeps.

Gaius skulks north along the western wall in hallway D6, moving slowly and checking each space in front of him for traps and hidden surprises, not forgetting the skulls above him. He'll make his way to the alcove on the western wall opposite the door and search the alcove before crossing to the door and listening at the door. He'll gently test the lock and then check the door for traps and alarms.

Perception Mod: +9
Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Damn. Looks like I'm not quite used to searching and sneaking at the same time.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

Gaius, how sure are you? Because . . .

Morkeleb holds out the elixer just won from the sh1t demon, giving it a slight shake.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

Gaius stops in mid-stride and reverses direction, stopping next to Morkeleb. He is visibly disgusted as he takes the elixir from Morkeleb, handling the bottle with two fingers. Gaius' face twists as his nose smells the... Residuals... From the bottle's exterior.

Morkeleb, I'm a whore. And this is the most disgusting thing I've ever put to my lips.

Gaius shuts his eyes, and quaffs the elixir in one pull. He gags a little and wretches, but keeps the elixir down. As he straightens up, his eyes are wide as saucers.

Unquenchable Fire!

Gaius then goes back to what he was doing above, this time with a +19 Modifier to Search checks. :)


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:63/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will +5/+7 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

Odric sniggers at Gaius' new brown mustachios.

I don't even need super powers of magical perception to see that "flavor saver"!

Odric makes quotation marks with his fingers as he continues to giggle. He is seemingly totally unaware of the fifteen pounds of sh!t coating his own face, hair, weapon, equipment and clothes.

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

Gaius, when you turn around and look back down the hall, everything becomes clearer than ever With an effect not unlike a dolly zoom This time, things are different:

Gaius:
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 You catch that there are a series of pressure plates, designed to go off only when three or four of them are depressed. Looks like some of the skulls are designed to spit acid of some sort. You think you've got the chops to disable it, on your best day. It's the limit of complexity for anything you've ever tried before. Furthermore, there seem to be a trio of the skulls who are moving ever so slightly, as if watching you. Without your magically enhanced vision, you're sure that you'd never have caught it.


Male Dwarf Fighter 6 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 70/94; Init+4; Per +13; +13F+11R+6W

ugh I thought I posted this earlier, but I guess I didn't submit from my phone yesterday

I agree with Grym I will check the hallway between D1 and D5 for a passageway. Especially the little cutoff that heads west. If I don't find anything I will go ask our prisoner if there are any hidden or obscure passages.

now in response to recent happenings

At the sight of Gaius doing his 1 1/2 Elf 1 Bottle rendition and Odric giggling like a school girl. Sandor finally feels his stomach twist. He quickly takes his helm off and heads to a corner to launch a most impressive grocery shout. After he is done he looks at Odric and Gaius with a gaze that says ok lads you won this round, and pulls out his store of dwarven ale takes a swig.


Male Human Ranger 8, AC 21, HPs 52/103, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 81/81)

The ranger waits until our rogue finishes his thing checking D5 for traps and such.
But does discuss with Sandor how there should be a door or something down at the southern end of the corridor.

What is the word Gaius? Can you make the corridor safe?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

It's a tricky trap. I could disable it with enough time and a little luck, but I'd also risk setting it off. In this case, I think it's better to just avoid it. It looks like it won't trigger unless more than one of us heads down the passage. I have another concern, however.

Before Sandor can object, Gaius picks up Sandor's helm and heads back to the mud room. He scoops up a helm full of mud and returns to the skull corridor.

From a distance, Gaius slings mud at each of the three suspicious skulls until they are gooped up.

He then tosses the helm to Morkeleb.

Morkeleb, please be so good as to magically clean Sandor's helm and my glove. Thank you.

I'm going down to the doorway alone. When I give the signal, come down to me one at a time.

Gaius walks down the corridor slowly, looking for surprises. He goes to the door and listens carefully at it, before checking to see if it's locked or trapped.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

Hmmmm, a vomit, feces, and mud poultice. I must confess that I've seen worse--but not by much. The good news is, yes this can be cleaned. The bad news is, I'm not prepared to do such at this time. I typically do not prepare Prestidigidation--the most useful cleaning spell--when adventuring. Other more specialized dweomers are what I concentrate on. I'm afraid your clothing will have to wait until tomorrow!


Gaius:
As your now preternatural hearing focuses, you hear a figure muttering to himself. the language is unknown to you. The sounds accompanying it remind you of a barkeep cleaning up after a brawl.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

If locked, I'll unlock.

Open Locks:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

If that one didn't do it, I'll slow down and take 20.

If trapped:

Find Traps:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Disable Device (Traps):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

I'll pull and load my hand crossbow and then open the door, slowly and quietly.

Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Ranger 8, AC 21, HPs 52/103, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 81/81)

Grym nods in agreement w/ the rogue. If he thinks its not worth disabling the trap, he will trust his judgement. He is also glad it wasn't his helmet that was used as a crap pail slinger.
As the rogue pulls his loaded crossbow and creeps forward. The ranger pulls his blades and creeps after him. Ready to provide backup.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:63/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will +5/+7 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

Odric is not sure what he is supposed to do... He looks quizzically at those standing near him, hoping for someone to give him some clear instructions. In any case he is ready for action with The Eagle out.

He begins some warm-up excercises which have the unfortunate effect of splattering semi liquid refuse around with the vigor and intensity of his gyrations.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

Actions are taken. Just waiting on The Dungeon Master to tell me what goes down.


Male Dwarf Fighter 6 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 70/94; Init+4; Per +13; +13F+11R+6W

With an indignant look Sandor takes his helm back and while he cleans it by taking mouthfuls of dwarven stout and spraying out the inside.

Gaius, I do have an awesome set of tools and some minor skill in removing them if you would want me to assist


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

Morkeleb wipes a bit of sludge off his cheek which was flung about by an errant swing of Odric's arm.

Odric, you've cooled down from that battle already? You really need to splatter so??

we're waiting for Gaius to give the go-ahead to cross the hallway, one at a time so as not to trigger the trap


Sandor, you find nothing in the area that could be a secret door in that hallway.

Gaius opens the door slowly, unfortunately, it squeaks just as it opens wide enough to catch a glimpse inside.

Wooden tables here are stacked with vials, beakers, and other alchemical gear, although the southern one is heaped with broken vials and leans awkwardly on a hastily repaired leg. Three large cauldrons sit against the east wall, one of them upended. Its foul, rancid contents of rendered fats have spilled over the floor. A lone specimen of the albino creatures looks up from cleaning up the mess. He stares at you in shock. Uncertain of what he should do next...

The map is here.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:63/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will +5/+7 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

What's going on up there? Can I come forward without triggering a trap?. Odric whispers, depending on the spell the wizard cast to carry his voice to his companions.


Male Human Ranger 8, AC 21, HPs 52/103, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 81/81)

are we waiting for initiative rolls?


That depends..... its currently a stand off. You want to make this a combat? Post an action amd we'll roll.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

Gaius shoots the creature and moves into the room to take cover behind the nearest table.

Hand Crossbow:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Whispered:Dammit! Everyone move up, no more than two in the skull corridor at a time!


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

Morkeleb quickly tries to take control of the situation on our end of the corridor.

Odric, Sandor, go! Ferox and I will be behind you once you're in the room.

As they go, I'll turn to face where we came, staff in one hand, Magic Missile wand in the other, looking for pursuit.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4 <--hey, look! My staff has a purdy green gem on it!!!


Male Human Inquisitor 8 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=58/58

Bow at the ready, Ferox takes up position next to Mork and scans for any approaching threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:63/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will +5/+7 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

Odric charges down the corridor, with Sandor at his heels. The two burst into the room ready for anything.

If he can, Odric attacks - but I think if this is a suprise action he can only move? If he can get off an attack feel free to roll with a +3 and no power attack.


Hello! Okay, no one is surprised, so there is no surprise round. Given the situation, let's begin with straight initiative and the positions listed in the last map update:

Ferox: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Odric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Grym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Gaius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Morkeleb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Sandor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Baddie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Given the results of initiative, we can redo any of the actions since seeing the baddie. Initiative repost:

Ferox: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Odric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Morkeleb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Gaius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Baddie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Sandor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Grym: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

RETCON

Ferox! Odric! Go!! Sandor and I will join you once you clear the corridor!


Male Human Inquisitor 8 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=58/58

Well, in that case, Ferox sprints into the room and takes cover between the two northern cauldrons.


Round 1

Ferox bursts past everyone, aided by the divine. As he blows past the skulls in the corridor, the trap goes off. Grym and Ferox are still in range of the effect. Each is in the path of orbs of acid:

Touch attack v. Grym: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Nice dodge!
Touch attack v. Ferox: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 it hits for 1d3 ⇒ 2 damage.

The acid trap sputters out, but the three refuse marked skulls turn and begin to snake out of the wall. The spinal columns are still attached, giving them the appearance of snakes...


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

Dammit guys. If we're entering Initiative, Grym and Gaius are still in the skull corridor.


Male Human Inquisitor 8 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=58/58

Erp. Sorry, guys. I thought that Gaius was in the doorway and thus out of the corridor.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

Yeah, me sorry too. I thought they were "out" of the corridor. Guess it's Delay time .. .


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

Maybe not, Mike. Because now we have three skeletal snake things to fight.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:63/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will +5/+7 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

are the skull/spine things adjascent? Can I attack and cleave them? If so I'll post ASAP.


The baddies are now on the map, though they haven't gone yet.

MAP!


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+17[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/8 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:63/104 - THAC0:12 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will +5/+7 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

Odric sprints forward, intent upon reaching the source of the commotion in time to smite something. When he rounds the corner and spots the eerie skulls floating in the air, he makes a snap decision to destory them. As he advances, he winds up with The Eagle for a mighty swing.

1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 1 = 3

Odric was so intent on practicing his new theoretical cleavage technique that he completely whiffed the all-important first swing. The stregth of his massive and powerful attack was so incredible that it took him completely around in a circle, ending with a disoriented and suprised Odric standing flat-footed in front of three horrible grinning skulls.

Cold sweat breaks out along the fighter's brow, his arm and neck hairs bristle as the apparitions float before him silently.

that sucked. Odric moved Right 4 and up 1. He should be standing next to the southernmost skull.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

ROUND 1
As Odric spins like a . . . spinny thing, Morkeleb steps forward into the doorway (forward 15') and fires off another eldritch bolt. It swerves around Odric's twirling skull and into the skull facing the warrior.

Magic MIssile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

What are these strange monstrosities? Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Morkeleb:
this creature is a Necrophidius. Thankfully they are too small and weak to be full power. Their bite can paralyze a man, and kill him in just a couple of bites. Much like the Vudrani snake charmers of the East only backwards, they can do a Dance of Death that dazes all who witness it (and are not strong enough of will to resist it.)

Morkeleb, you know one other key piece of information, your magic missile blasts it backwards. It doesn't destroy it, but it's clearly damaged.

Gaius!


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 52/52

Have a care!! These creatures can paralyze with the bite, and daze with their stare!


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 4; Trapspotter 18; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 54/54

Gaius spins as the Retcon claims him in it's claws!

Gaius shoots the albino gnome and moves to take cover behind the table, moving East 2.

Hand Crossbow:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage:1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3


Is that a poisoned bolt?

1,651 to 1,700 of 7,557 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.