Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 1

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]



901 to 950 of 6,809 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

If Ferrox has guidance will he cast it for the +1???

Craft (transcribing magical traps to parchment):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Clearly the injury, though minor, is affecting Morkeleb's fine motor control and/or concentration. The picutre looks . . . like a dagger.

I'll gladly take credit for saving your life. But the dagger never really *was* a dagger, so I won't take the blame for you losing something you never had! Morkeleb gives a small smirk here--this was obviously an attempt at a joke. He looks over his work, frowning. Hmmm . . . maybe I'll sleep on it and try again tomorrow.

Shortly after the dagger episode, Morkeleb takes his leave with an I'll see you all at the castle tomorrow morning for our report and reward! and he heads back to his room for sleep.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym is a little unnerved by the event. He mutters something being happy to fight the living (or even undead) any day of the week. But demon possessed blades that turn to serpents attack and then vanish into mist seems beyond his ken.
However by his next round of brew he decides he will simply let the wizard and the others worry about such things. After all nobody was killed, so Morkeleb and his mysterious knowledge must have handled it. The ranger is happy to have found such a steady band of comrades. He pays for his share of drinks and food, says his good byes and is off. He and Bucho go to find some sleep this late night before having to report early in the morning to the Field Marshall.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

If no one else is doing anything on this brisk evening, tomorrow will be 12 Calistral. We'll move to then. Take care of anything before meeting with the Field Marshal. Once everyone is confirmed ready, you'll arrive at the Citadel.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Ready


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Ferox does not know Guidance.

Ferox joined his fellows for the meal, but abstained from any liquor. He'd already spent too much time at the end of a bottle. With Lamm dead and his friend avanged, Ferox felt no appeal for spirits any longer. After the meal, Ferox excuses himself and spends a few hours at the Bank before turning in for the night.

Ready.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius drinks only moderately, but flirts like the world is ending. He takes no one to bed, however. No one here is equal to the task.

He retires, changes the bandages on his still wounded throat, and sleeps. He's up early. With no lover to bed, there's no reason to linger. There are other pursuits today--like money. He goes to rendez-vous with his companions. He muses as he jauntily walks the street of his beloved Korvosa.

The Queen's Wolves. It has a nice ring to it.

Ready.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Autopilot of Odric: Ready.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Morkeleb awakens early, does his usual morning meditation to clear his mind, and immediately sets pen to parchment again, in another attempt to recreate the image of the strange dagger/serpent. Perhaps the excitement of the previous day led to the poor quality of the last attempt of the image; perhaps after a night's rest, the wizard's mind will be calm and clear enough to create a passable likeness . . .

Craft (copy cool dagger): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

He reviews his work, comparing what he sees to what is in his mind's eye, and is pleased with the result. He lays the sheet out to dry, prepares his spells for the day, rolls up the drawing, and heads straightaway to the Citadel.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 81/81; Init+3; Per +12; +12F+9R+5W

Sandor finishes the fellowship of the evening then heads home to sleep. He wakes early gives his equipment a check and then dons his armor and heads to the smithy to let him know he is helping the Fiels Marshal for an indeterminate term then goes to the castle

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The following morning you arrive at the Citadel to more than just the bustle of daily affairs. Some of the guards make subtle glances your way. It doesn't take a soothsayer to read their expressions, they are impressed by the work you've done thus far. Within the span of less than a month, you've rid the city of two plagues....

Kroft is in her office, and her smile speaks the same feeling as the guards, though her gaze doesn't wander away when she makes eye contact. Seated at her desk is a man whom (1d20 ⇒ 11) Ferox and Gaius have heard

Ferox & Gaius:

He stands as you enter. He is a tall man of advanced years, yet with a twinkle in his eye and a bounce to his step that hints at a vibrancy and inner fire of a man under half his age. He wears his salt-and-pepper hair pulled back tightly into a bravo’s top-knot. His eyes are a cast of deep green like the ocean after a storm. He wears black leather on only his sword hand. At his side is a rapier of unsurpassed beauty. He regards you each with a warm smile and says, "If Korvosa had more fine folk like you, we’d already be out of this mess."

Cressida gently steers the conversation back to business.

I would love to continue this, but we have much to discuss. I appreciate your work with Verik. It's more than simply troubling to think about what his cronies were doing. Unfortunately, I want to introduce a new problem to you. This one is less of a time crunch, but by no means can I wait until spring to see it through. “As much as I would enjoy continuing the conversation, I fear we just don’t have time. Vencarlo has often come to me with news of important changes on the streets, and this is no different—indeed, what he’s learned could degrade into sanctions, embargos, or even war against Cheliax if we don’t act now. This problem is a man named Darvayne Gios Amprei. You might have heard of him—he’s an ambassador from Cheliax whose disdain for Korvosa is well documented, and yet he’s taken great pleasure in what our city has to offer. Even before this recent unrest, this man was ready to recommend to his government a sanction on trade, or perhaps even an embargo. Vencarlo has learned through his own considerable sources that Ambassador Amprei’s actual goals are to undermine Korvosa’s economy to the point where he can buy up large portions of the city from desperate landholders and establish himself in a position of power here. Whatever the ambassador’s reasons, we can’t let his bias or personal plans hurt Korvosa. Yet neither can we take drastic action—not only would killing him be wrong, but it’d simply martyr him in Cheliax’s eyes. “Fortunately, Darvayne has his foibles. Again, Vencarlo has learned that Ambassador Amprei has been making fairly regular visits to a place in Old Korvosa called Eel’s End. This den of vice is run by a dangerous man named Devargo Barvasi, better known in Korvosa’s alleys as the King of Spiders. I’d love to put Barvasi out of business, but he pays his vice taxes regularly and never causes any problems—in fact, since he keeps his business constrained entirely within the five ships moored at Eel’s End, he’s actually one of the least of my worries. Truth be told, I can’t decide whether Devargo is a stirge or a kraken. He seems like a bloodsucking pest most days, but sometimes I fear just how far his tentacles have wormed their way into our great city. In this case though, his insidious web stretching across Korvosa’s underworld might prove to our advantage. “Devargo would never let someone he recognizes as an ally of the Guard into Eel’s End, but your group’s a different case. I’d like you to pay a visit to Eel’s End and secure an audience with Devargo. Find out what he knows about Amprei, get proof of any illicit goings-on the ambassador might be involved with, and bring that proof to me to use to undermine any forthcoming attempts by him to get Cheliax to cut us off. Devargo might not be willing to part with his information easily. I’ll supply you with some gold to bribe him (indeed a neatly stacked pile of 1,000 sails rests behind her.) , and whatever’s left over you can keep for yourself. Remember: the man is dangerous, but so are you—if things get violent, I wouldn’t mourn his passing.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius eyes Vencarlo and looks the man over. His reputation is as an opponant to The Queen. I watch his body language during Cressida's tale and see if I garner a sense of the man.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Eel's End caters to diverse tastes. What is Ambassador Amprei's particular vice?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

The ranger doesn't speak at all during the audience unless directly spoken to. Though he no longer feels like the street urchin he once was, he knows that words are not his strong suit.

Once among themselves, Grym offers up what little information he knows about Eel's End. I live in Old Korvosa and know a little about Eel's End. Some of the criminals I've tracked were coming or going from there. The three main vice ships are the Dragon's Breath which deals in drugs. The House of Clouds is a brothel and the Twin Tigers is a gambling house. Eel's End itself is Devargo's ship, his stronghold. The last ship is the Golden Hawk, sort of a cheap boarding house for drunks and criminals.
Grym shivers as his skin crawls when he mentions the last. There are many rumors about how Devargo earned his name of "King of Spiders". Things like he throws people who have displeased him into pits filled with horrid spiders. Or he has trained giant spiders who serve him as guards...

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Vencarlo speaks up, Gaius, I like the cut of your jib. The ambassador is known to dabble with women of night, but his main vice in eel's end is gambling. Unless we plan on bankrupting him at the table, you might find more success in questioning the rapscallion "king". Not only will he know more about Amprei's vices, he'll know how we can get him by the short hairs.

I'm headed that way myself actually, and if you're looking to do some recon, I'll accompany you as far as the Narrows. Then you're on your own and I wish you the best of luck.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

He knows I'm observing him. And I bet that fencer's eye is reading me as well.

Excellent. Then we can chat more as we walk. It's a rare opportunity to share the company of Master Orisini.

Gaius turns his attention back to The Field Marshall. I apologize for being so gauche about this, Marshall, but we still need to collect wages due to us for Verik, and we should discuss this mission as well. Will there be reward beyond what we keep from the bribe stipend here?


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 81/81; Init+3; Per +12; +12F+9R+5W

Well Lady Croft and lads be sounding like sum fun up to the point of ships 'n spiders. Now I won't be mindin ta remove dis Ambassador from his influence I can be tellin from ya expressions from when I'm talkin that i wont be negotiatin. 1000 gold might not be enough n Gaius will declare me a mortal enemy for not bein financially responsible. Now I will be happy ta tag along especially if'n we get to kill any of Lolth's agents

Sandor looks done the. Takes another breath. Field Marshal I know we have moved on, but more thing about Verik. It came to our attention last night that he might have had outside influence. I relate the entire tale of the dagger including the name of the demon and who creates them. So I am not saying Verik wasn't a willin accomplice, just that he was being used as a pawn

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The Field Marshall looks to Gaius, understandingly you make a good point. You'll have to forgive me. If we negotiated specific terms of payment, I've forgotten - it's been a very very busy month. If we haven't made arrangements, allow me to pay you for the Verik work by supplying you with a masterwork weapon or armor. Let the quartermaster know and it's yours. Sandor, if what you say is true, then yes. Please see Verik and get out of him what you can.

She looks at you all, and sends Vancarlo a wink. Gentlemen, you do great work. Let me know what you need. Korvosa, and I, owe you a great debt of gratitude. I wish only that people appreciated it.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: I think... If you all are game, MW for everyone I think works out better than our original deal. What do you all think? I was going to use the reward for MW equipment anyway.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 81/81; Init+3; Per +12; +12F+9R+5W

Well I wasn't there for the initial agreement, but since it looks like there was one if you read what she wrote it says IF so I would say original agreement.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Meh, sure. Doesn't help me all THAT much, but it's better for everyone else!


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym will happily go down to the quartermaster and pick out a masterwork blade. A nice scimitar/saber.

I was also thinking that wouldn't benefit you too much Mike. But you could always pick out a nice weapon just to sell. Grym might well buy a masterwork knife from Morkeleb.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

well, I *do* own a crossbow. It will see less and less use as time goes on . . . but I hadn't considered that option


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: Mike, if you sell a MW weapon, you'll get right around what you would have gotten with the cash reward.

The original agreement was 500 GP with a bonus of 500 GP if we brought Verik back alive. That's 166 and change each with an even split.

I'm game for whichever, but the MW equipment deal works out better for the guard as well. They aren't paying retail for the equipment. It's like she's offereing store credit and in this case, it might work out best for all parties. I'm not trying to rob The Guard.

There's also nothing to say we can't get cash for Morkeleb and anyone else who wants it, but still get MW gear for those who want it.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Thank you,Marshall Kroft, I will confer wtih my companions. Is there anything else of import you can tell us about the ambassador, Eel's End, or Devargo?

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Not that comes to mind Gaius. I appreciate what you've done. Good Luck and may Abadar deal you a fair hand.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric looks pleased at the group's success and is excited about the prospect of continuing service to Kroft. He has kept to the background during this exchange, but blurts out to the Field Marshal's back as she turns away, We won't let you down! You can count on us! Feeling foolish, Odric begins to blush excessively.

He turns to Vincarlo and Gaius, Lead the way to Eel's End sir, but I would be mightily pleased to stop by the quartermaster before we depart the keep. Visions of mighty arms and armor are clearly swimming in Odric's imagination. He sees himself bedecked in sparkling, shining armor, gripping a jewel-encrusted sword by the hilt with the sun gleaming on his masterwork gear. In his mind's eye there is mist around his ankles, an eagle circles overhead and a bard is whaling on a lute and belting our paens of Odric's greatness.

Lost in thought, Odric trips on an unobserved stone step and stumbles. An oddly girly noise escapes his embarrassed face as he windmills his arms to remain upright.

Disaster averted, Odric strides on purposefully, hoping no one noticed.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric asks Sandor, That suit of chain mail we recovered from Verik, how long would it take to fit it to me?

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Word of your prowess begins to spread amongst the guard. Everyone gains 1 Fame. Grym and Odric each gain an additional 1 Fame For their Obsidian Portal updates.

Everyone take their reward, and we shall head towards Eel's End.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Great, lets go. Grym and his masterwork blade are ready.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 81/81; Init+3; Per +12; +12F+9R+5W

I accept the MW Shield, drop my old one at the house and head to catch up with those walking to Eel's End.

Odric to answer your question, I would think to resize it to fit you perfectly it shouldn't take but a day or two of work Chris, I can take 10 and hit the DC craft masterwork armor, to give an exact time I would need how much in costs that it would take to resize it to him.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric enters the armory with a look in his eye that gives the quartermaster pause. He has a chit from the Field Marshal, but the unholy gleam of avarice and naked desire in Odric's gaze are unsettling. Row upon row of shining suits of full plate mail, neatly stacked pole arms, weapons exotic and mundane are arrayed in a martial display rivaling anything Odric could have ever dreamed of.

There are cases with swords that are clearly of a magical disposition, some crackling with sorcery or glowing faintly. The quartermaster gently steers Odric away from these and suggests he look at the merely masterwork items.

After an incredibly trying half hour, the quartermaster finally dispenses with subtle and polite hints and tells Odric plainly to pick something and get out.

Crestfallen, but excited nonetheless, Odric seems torn between a massive ornate suit of armor edged in gold and set with spikes along its beautifully crafted seams and a fearsome set of studded leather with powerful-looking (but ultimately mundane) runes tooled into the supple black leather. Highlights of a smoky hued metal accent the leather armor, and the studs are made of the same material.

Despite his fantasies of donning the full plate and striding into battle immune to all attacks and bewildering to his foes for his splendor and glory, Odric's practical side barely wins through. He dons the new studded leather, hangs The Eagle by his belt and thanks the extremely short-tempered quartermaster.

Once away from the keep's armory, Odric stops by one of the vendors arrayed outside selling admittedly less spectacular looking but functional and rugged arms and armor. After a bit of haggling for appearance's sake, Odric settles on a well made and impressively massive armored war kilt. He glances around quickly and seeing none of the fairer sex, changes into the new armor on the spot.

The new war kilt is black leather and is fitted with a series of steel studs down each of its many interlocking leather straps. The effect is of a pleated kilt dotted with metal studs. The weight and fit of the kilt may take a bit of getting used to, but the freedom and cool breeze more than make up for it in Odric's mind. He carefully counts out 20 gold sails to the swarthy looking man behind the rough cut board serving as a countertop and dashes off in search of his companions.

Finding Sandor, Odric waves off the dwarfs initial jests about a skirt and informs him, I won't be needing that chain mail resized after all. I find chain restrictive and cumbersome. I can't function nearly as well in it as I can in leather armor. I say we sell it and split the profit among the companions. What do you think?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

That's fair, Odric. Morkeleb picks out a light crossbow, makes a brief show of testing the site, and stowes it with no further pomp.

Ready when you are.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Once everything is squared away in the armory, Vencarlo joins you for the walk toward the Narrows. He doesn't expect you to handle the situation right now, but he seems happy to be pointing the way. As you meet on the streets he hands you all a small pocket of bread with some kind of spiced meat inside. He calls it a "popkin" and he's brought one for everyone (himself included.) Unless you're a vegetarian, it's one fo teh most delicious things you've ever had. He says, "Comes from an Vudrani vendor down the road. They're so good it's scary. Eat up lads and enjoy the good parts of what this city has to offer."

"Gents, I want to thank you for cleaning up a former pupile of mine, Grau. His is a sad tale for another day, but it means a lot to me to see him climbing the ladder again. He was an amazing fencer, and could have become great given time. It makes me smile to see lads such as yourself. Odric, I see great things in your future. You're quick with a swing and hit like an ox I hear. Grym though, you have a fencer's gait. Sometime when the city doesn't need you for an emergency, I'd love to have you down to the school...Gaius, you've got the grace for it too. In fact, I think it would be a capital idea to have you both come down."

....As your walk takes you tothrough the Narrows to Old Korvosa, Vencarlo takes his leave with a firm handshake and genuine smile.

The place doesn't wake up until sundown. I recommend you enjoy the day, find some ladies, churn some money into our city. Come sundown, may Desna smile.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

You have a full day to do what you'd like on the 12th. If it requires my involvement, take it off line via private message....

A sprawl of light and sound marks the first pier of Old Korvosa. Glowing lanterns in the shape of dream spiders and god’s eyes hang from pilings or lampposts, flickering through the darkening sky. During the day, Eel’s End iwas much quieter. Here is a place that caters to the vices and base needs of Old Korvosa. The pier itself is 70 feet long, although its last 30 feet widen into a large square platform on the water. Five ships are moored to the pier—the largest of these is the Eel’s End, a warship that serves as the "stronghold" of Devargo Barvasi and the administrative center of his entire operation. Eel’s End is open and welcoming of nearly everyone—the enforcers and merchants here are naturally suspicious of wyou as a well dressed and armed group, but their suspicious grins turn to avarice quickly as they begin to see your wealth as profit for themselves. The riots seem to have spared this part of the city, as vice never goes out of style. Indeed, the need for escapism means business is booming.

You approach the pier which moors your destination. The sound of carousing booms from the elegantly painted ships moored to this long pier. Large signs painted in several languages hang from ropes slung between ships or are nailed to pilings. The closest ship to the east bears a sign that says, “The Twin Tigers— Take the Tiger by the Tail and Try Your Luck!” Opposite that, to the west, a barge’s sign says, “Welcome to the Goldenhawk—No Safer Stay in Old Korvosa!” Further to the southeast is “Dragon’s Breath Corridor—Dream the Dragon’s Dreams at Affordable Prices!”, while opposite that is the “House of Clouds—The Caress of Our Lovelies Will Take You Straight to Heaven!” Only the largest ship, to the south, bears no signage at all. Short rope bridges or gangplanks provide access to the decks of these ships from the pier, or from the decks of other ships. Sailors, thugs, drunkards, prostitutes, and what could even be a few well-dressed nobles carouse on the pier and the decks of all five ships, seemingly oblivious to Korvosa’s recent troubles. Here and there, large men dressed in chainmail patrol the area, grim faces in a sea of revelry.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Morkeleb looks around with a detached, clinical air. Vices of the flesh--I've been taught they are a weakness, a drain on the vital essence of the mind and soul. I don't know for sure whether it's true, but I have no reason to doubt it.
.
This is not my forte, so I'll defer to the other, more worldly of you. I will say, though, that I contemplated bringing magic to bear against the Ambassador--but I quickly dismissed that idea. I can only imagine that an Ambassador will be strong of will, and also wily enough to anticipate magical intrusion such as Charming. He will likely have countermeasures in place for such a thing, and I doubt it would do any good.
.
However, perhaps his retinue may be more suceptible . . . let us keep that in mind as a possible contingency!

Morkeleb then positions himself toward the center of the group, attempting to be as inconspicuous as possible, but without projecting weakness (and thus announcing himself as a target).


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

The ranger is having a great day. He buys another popkin to snack, tosses one to the dog. Then at a longing look from Odric, Grym gets another and tosses it to the stout warrior.
As he savors the spicy meat he thinks on the great fencing master's words. Lessons at Orsini Academy would be wonderful, in the rangers spare time working on his fighting skills he has started to practice a two weapon style. Nothing he would try in real combat yet, but he felt he had a knack for it. If only he could develop it a little...

Now at Eel's End the party has the day to kill before their real objective begins.
I'm assuming the entire party doesn't need to stay together. Grym will go off on his own for a few hours. If everyone feels the party can't split up, they Grym will stay with the others.
If anyone wants to come w/ the ranger for his first objective he will welcome them. Grym heads down the docks and onto the GoldenHawk flophouse ship. Though the ranger isn't good at small talk he does make an effort to speak to people. Bringing his dog along with him Grym searches for some down on their luck folks who are looking to make a few coins. The ranger needs a few people to help him train his dog. He needs a few different people to lay trails so Bucho can work on tracking. The ranger is also willing to pay a bit more for someone to not only be tracked but also to wrap a cloak around his arm and let the dog work on biting. If anyone gets hurt beyond some bruises, Grym will of course pay a large bonus.
After finding a few takers, Grym works on dog training for a few hours. Then the ranger heads off to the House of Clouds. It is here that Grym doesn't really want any comrades going along with him. Already poor at speaking, the ranger would rather not speak to women in front of his new friends. Even women who are extremely nice and love talking to men with a jingling coin purse. Grym goes to find a buxom lass for some "afternoon delight". Though by himself, Grym still keeps Bucho by his side. He assures any potential women that the dog won't be involved, Bucho is just there to watch his back.
Especially if by himself, Grym stays away from the Twin Dragons and the Dragon's Breath. The ranger feels gambling and drugs are a good way to loose all your money and wind up as a slave some where.

While talking to people the ranger doesn't trust himself to even try to get specific info on the ambassador, but just to glean any useful information about the things going on in and around Eel's End.

Gather Information 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

After this Grym is happy to meet up with the rest of his comrades for whatever life has to throw at them.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

As some of the group breaks off, Morkeleb takes Gaius aside.

Are you thinking of trying to gather some intelligence on the Ambassador? If so, perhaps I can be of help. I'm not very skilled in teasing out information from a stranger, or to know which stranger to talk to. However, if you point me to someone you think might garner some information, I can use my magic to influence them in my favor, and maybe get them to talk. Combine forces, and use our own strengths?

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Grym, you don't pick up anything that you don't already know.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

If anyone has anyting else to take care of before appraoching the Eel's End, type now, or forever hold your dice.

Grym:
A single long structure sits atop the main deck of this ship—the double doors always hang open to reveal a large room decorated with throw rugs, large pillows, and air thick with incense and lit by red paper lanterns. The scent of anise, rosewater, and cinnamon pour forth from smoking bronze braziers set on silver stands carved in the likenesses of slit-eyed serpents and proud hunting birds here and there, while several scantily-clad men and women loiter about the barge’s deck. The price is 5 Sails, and the professionals either do not notice, or tactfully ignore, your nervousness. At no point during your visit do you come across anything related to your mission.

As you all approach the Eel's End details become clearer. The largest of the five ships tied off to the pier is a warship bearing the name Eel’s End, its figurehead a coiling eel with a woman’s head. Several drunkards, sailors, and revelers dance and drink on the large open main deck here, while the aft deck is relatively clear. A pair of large double doors bearing a complex painting of a spider allows entrance into the stern section of the main deck. Two armed guards bar further progress.

Group Perception 1d20 ⇒ 14. The sharper-eyed members of your party note 3 more guards relaxing in the rigging of the ship. These are armed with bows.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)
Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:


Grym is a little offput by the male prostitutes. He remembers a horror story that Odric told about a guy he knew who was very drunk and went to bed with a girl. When he woke up the "girl" was a pretty man wearing a wig and a dress. The ranger was even more horrified when Gauis just laughed with a knowing smile.
The ranger picks a very buxom and curvy girl, and even then he doesn't relax till she is nude and he is assured of her womanly attributes. Grym happily pays five sails and has a great time.
The ranger is perhaps dissapointed not to have learned any useful information for the mission. Yet he had a great day, obtained a masterwork blade, he found a new tasty morsel called a popkin, got a compliment from a fencing master, had a great morning training with his dog, and had some afternoon delight from a beautiful buxom lass. If he is lucky, the evening will explode into violence and he will get to fight too...


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius spends his day casually interviewing regulars in all three establishments, digging for information on the Ambassador. Between interviews, he will case the joints, hoping to notice exits and get a rough idea of the guard rotations and security countermeasures.

Gather Information (Gambling Hall): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception (Gambling Hall): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

He will spend a good amount of time in the House of Clouds, befriending the staff (just to become familiar with them and improve their attitude to Gaius). I'll spend 15 Gold on services while I do it. I'll also gather information on The Ambassador and The King of Spiders while I"m there.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Gather Information: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

That should cover Gaius for the day.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41
Morkeleb the Mighty wrote:

As some of the group breaks off, Morkeleb takes Gaius aside.

Are you thinking of trying to gather some intelligence on the Ambassador? If so, perhaps I can be of help. I'm not very skilled in teasing out information from a stranger, or to know which stranger to talk to. However, if you point me to someone you think might garner some information, I can use my magic to influence them in my favor, and maybe get them to talk. Combine forces, and use our own strengths?

Gaius smiles at Morkeleb and offers him a cup.

Thank you, Morkeleb, and I'll keep that in mind. For now... No. I don't want to tip our hand to The King of Spiders early. I think magic, if it's noticed, will give us some unwanted attention. I also don't think we should start a potential relationship like that. We're not here to make enemies. I have a bad feeling we're walking into a trap, but until we know for sure we should try to make friends here. Save your magic for now. We might really need it later. I hope I'm wrong.

Gaius motions for Gweniffer to come over. Gweniffer is very tall, willowy thin, and deceptively strong. Small but perky breasts are barely concealed by a very thin shift.

In the meantime, might I introduce you to Gweniffer. Gweniffer, this is Morkeleb The Magician. Very good with his fingers and his tongue, truth be told. Morkeleb, perhaps you can think of something you and Gweniffer can do to pass the time? Treat her well and tell her no secrets. There are better uses for that mouth of yours.

As he walks away from Morkeleb, he turns and winks, mouthing, "It's good for the soul."


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:
Thank you, Morkeleb, and I'll keep that in mind. For now... No. I don't want to tip our hand to The King of Spiders early. I think magic, if it's noticed, will give us some unwanted attention. I also don't think we should start a potential relationship like that. We're not here to make enemies. I have a bad feeling we're walking into a trap, but until we know for sure we should try to make friends here. Save your magic for now. We might really need it later. I hope I'm wrong.

Very well. I shall defer to your experience--and shall comport myself according to your instinct. If you suspect a trap, than so shall I.

Pimpin' Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:

In the meantime, might I introduce you to Gweniffer. Gweniffer, this is Morkeleb The Magician. Very good with his fingers and his tongue, truth be told. Morkeleb, perhaps you can think of something you and Gweniffer can do to pass the time? Treat her well and tell her no secrets. There are better uses for that mouth of yours.

.
As he walks away from Morkeleb, he turns and winks, mouthing, "It's good for the soul."

Morkeleb is a bit taken aback by this surprising turn of events, and--still being a young man--is briefly flustered by the sudden introduction of a tasty young woman. He returns Gaius' wink with a bit of a stern, disapproving look.

Perhaps that comment might sway me, if I cared about my soul's well-being!

Quickly gathering himself, and fighting down his physical temptations with brutal concentration, he sips his drink and politely addresses the girl.

My dear, my friend there is making a joke. Unless you wish to spend your time chatting--and something tells me that's not what you're here for--your time would be better spent elsewhere.

Dude, how come you never tried to get Tor laid?!?! ;-)


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: Dhorin was more concerned that Tor was getting enough sleep, nutrition, and exercise. Plus, tor was clearly, "involved", with his weapon. I really wish that was a euphemism.

I think Morkeleb should have to make some kind of saving throw. Gweniffer is very skilled at her craft.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Touche. You can't deny how awesome said weapon was, though.
.
Saving throw: well, good thing YOU'RE not the DM, biotch.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: In retrospect, that should have been more of a plotline. A love story between a warrior and the spirit that inhabits his weapon would have been very very cool.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

There was a love story there, it just didn't hit the table. Maybe years from now you'll see what was in Tor's envelope instead of Fury's...

Gaius, you make friends with the locals (enough that if you ever spent Prestige on a Korvosan contact, here would be a good spot.) The security measures are pretty tight. They run, literally, a tight ship. The guards are better armed than you, and they very strictly control access to other parts of the ship.

Unless someone has party business to attend to first, how and who tries to make contact with the "King of Spiders"?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Has my info gathering learned me anything of Devargo?

How do we want to do this? I'm of a couple of minds. First, I smell a trap. The Fencing Master is known to be a political opponant of the Queen's and we seem to have chosen her side. Sending us here with a large sum of money to deprive a man of a source of income and customer seems a good way to get us killed. I don't like it.

So it really depends on The King of Spiders and what sort he is. Is he a patriot and loyal to Korvosa? Killing trade with Cheliax would affect the economy. There are a number of reasons to convince him our side is better for him long-term. But if The Ambassador or another party have convinced him otherwise, I don't see how we're getting out of this alive.

I think we should try approaching Devargo more or less directly. He's got a good thing going now--the spider has grown fat. Let's appeal to his sense of security and defending the status quo and see where that gets us. If nothing else, we can get a closer look at the defenses on Eel's End if we need to change tactics. I can go myself and try asking for an audience. We might get one.

Thoughts?

Andoran

Male Unknown All

All you get is that Devargo is a mean piece of work. Rumor has it that he's got some weird power over spiders, and few actually get in to meet him. He pays his taxes to keep the Crown off his back, and tue fuard let's him decide the law on the flotilla. He's greedy and arrogant, counting no one as friend.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Give is a try Gaius, a direct approach sounds like it could work. I like going with honesty anyway. I feel this kind of stuff is your specialty anyway.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5 Urban Ranger 2 AC=26; T=14; FF=24; HP 81/81; Init+3; Per +12; +12F+9R+5W

yeah I am in agreement. I am sure there is a cost to any information down here, we can use bargaining chips as they come, just lets not use the crown and guard not turning a blind eye if he doesn't help us as a last resort. We can try to keep our arragement with the Marshal a bit on the downlow for as long as possible.

I think we can either all go in, I am not sure I want to try to fight through the guard to get to anyone in trouble while with the King of Spiders

901 to 950 of 6,809 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.