Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 1

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]



451 to 500 of 6,801 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

I have heard of famous or powerful personages posing in public as lesser men. PerhapLamm was in reality some important Duke or some wealthy merchant... The death of a man such as that could trigger unrest in the streets.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

It seems plausible that a powerful man with the base urges and sadistic tendencies of Lamm might pose as a shadowy underworld figure in order to live out his fantasies. A respectable man accused of such depravities might raise too many questions/.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

I don't know Odric, but I feel this is unrelated to our dealings with Lamm. But does seem to be important. Lets quickly check Zellara's place and then see about this civil unrest.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

You mean Zellara's dirty sister, right? I think Lady Zellara's head was forcibly removed from Lady Zellara.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

I'm assuming that thid conversation is taking place outside Zellara's residence?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

It's zellara's dirty twin sister's house for one thing...The conversation should be on the way hopefully. Does anyone object if we arrive? If no objections:

Upon arriving at the house that Odric firmly believes belongs to Zellara's twin, he is torn between offering her condolences for her dead sister Zellara, and assaulting the residence.

He limbers up briefly, holds his falchion in his right hand and the heavy pick in the other and prepares to walk up to the front door. His gut tells him a frontal assault might be more appropriate given the danger the sister sent them into. Odric suspects the whole thing was a ruse in order to convince the party to exact revenge for Zellara's murder.

He feels a bit truculent, reasoning that if asked nicely, he would have gladly gone after Lamm for Zellara's twin's vendetta.

Fully expecting one of his friends to interject at the last second, Odric raises the falchion and appears poised to thump on the door frame with the ring-shaped pommel.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Whichever one of you holding the Harrow deck feels an urge to take it out and look at it.... which one is that?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

It was never properly discussed. Gaius found it so I assume he still holds it.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I'd imagine it's either Gaius, or Morkeleb. I was the one who picked up the head, and examined the deck w/Detect Magic. Although I didn't specify, it seems weird to put the deck back into the basket with the severed head . . . I'll make the call and assume I have the deck, separate from the headcase. This should educate future experiences . . . :-)

First, Morkeleb is suspicious, as always, of illusion magic. Is this "urge" magical in nature? If so, what is its origin?

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

I'll then step to the back of the group, farthest from the front door, and announce:

Gentlemen, I'm getting the feeling that I should look at that Harrow deck we found. It may portent in either direction, so prepare yourselves.

Morkeleb then reaches into his cloak for the deck, making eye contact with each party member in turn to insure everyone is ready. ONLY after he's sure everyone is prepared and there are no objections, he slowly removes the deck, waiting for some guidance as to exactly what he's looking for, and as prepared as he can be for some sort of mental assault.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Morkeleb, the deck is Divinatory...... You are extremely well versed in compulsions, and this urge is not one. In fact as you reflect, it's not meant for you at all. Its as if the deck itself wants to go "home."


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Interesting... Shall we knock on the door?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:
Interesting... Shall we knock on the door?

Yes. I believe we're in no danger; the deck seems to belong here. let's see how this plays out.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Ask it if it belongs to Zellara's twin sister! Odric suggests helpfully.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Knock knock...

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The door opens on Grym's knock, not because a hand opens it, but the door is damaged and cannot close tightly. None of you recall such damage from before. The interior is spartan. A few of you notice that there are voids in the dust. Wall hangings and furnishings mostly, all taken within the last couple of weeks. This place looks like it's spent about a fortnight empty.

A sudden clamor sends hands to weapons and pouches...

It is the clock, striking midnight, bringing in a new day to Korvosa - nothing nefarious.

But it also brings the change. It flows across the room like sunlight as it crests the edge of a window. Magical energy spills, rolls, and tumbles across. In its wake the living space returns to the warm and inviting place where you met the Harrower. As the dweomerwave cascades to the last of the room, Zellara appears. She is not the hurt, yet confident Varisian you met earlier. Her delicate beauty is still there, but now only sadness remains, the confidence has fled. Teary-eyed she looks at you all. A shuddered breath before she speaks, "Heroes, by now you must know the truth. I have died." Her voice breaks with a sob. "All that is left to me is my spirit, held within the Harrow deck of my ancestors. I am no ghost, so rest easy dear Inquisitor. I am part of the deck now. It is more than a simple fortune teller's tool. It is an item with the ability to tell you your future, and assist you in the present.

Sorry guys, I have to run. She has more to say, I'll post ASAP.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

...Wait, so are you Zellara or her sister? Odric is legitimately confused. His head is swimming.

In a loud voice, spoken slowly and with exaggerated enunciation, as though to a foreigner or an idiot, Do You Know What Is Going On In The City Tonight? Odric is not trying to be condescending, he has had precious little experience talking to harrowing decks imbued with dead women with no housekeeping skills.

I Have Heard Several People Wonder At Some Strange Goings On Odric continues, trying to be as clear as possible. He leans forward towards the Wizard, addressing the Harrowing deck directly which is in Morkeleb's hand. Odric seems to think by bending forward and speaking slowly and clearly that the magical item will be better able to understand him.

He recounts in painstakingly slow and precise diction what happened with the guard then the passer-by, hoping for some mystical fortune-telling solution to be uttered by the cards.

Belatedly, he remembers his manners, I Am Odric The Stout, I Am A Live Human, How Do You Do? Odric gingerly grips the deck within Morkeleb's grasp and shakes it firmly along with the wizard's outstretched arm by way of an introduction.

Thank You For Leading Us To Lamm, We Were Able To Save Several Children, Including My Friend's Son, Kip. Odric glances quickly aside at Gauis and adds conspiratorially in a stage whisper, We ...uh... Killed Lamm and Gobblegut This Evening, So He Won't Be A Problem From Now On. He pantomimes a throat being slit with a finger across the throat accompanied by a "skkrtch" sound effect with his mouth. Then, almost to himself, and while looking around expectantly with a worried look on his face, Unless Lamm inhabited some object and is with us even now...

Odric begins peering into the dark corners of the room with weapons ready.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Believing Odric's sincerity to be an attempt at lifting her spirits, Zellara wipes away spectral tears. I understand you perfectly well my brave Odric. I had hoped that the slaying of Lamm would lay me to rest, but it is not so. I am all that is left of Zellara, and I am the deck of cards in the wizard's hand. Everything I told you already is true, but it is also true that I was murdered a fortnight ago by Lamm himself. I have experimented with the power of the deck, and think that I can continue to help you. Aside from being able to project myself once each day, I can aid whoever holds me in the identification of items imbued with magic. I can sense the world around me, though I can only communicate with strong emotions when not manifest.

As for your clearly put question great Odric, (and this comes with a caress of his face) I do worry about Korvosa. I fear that there is a great disturbance in her walls, though I know not what it is. Desna has smiled at us, and I believe we are meant to discover exactly what Fate has in store. I sense an object of great value amongst Lamm's things. The brooch. It holds neither magic nor evil, but it is an Object of Power nonetheless. Only royalty would deign to show off wealth just so. I think that answers to the strange feelings within the city... as well as righting the wrong of the stolen brooch, are to be found with the Crimson Throne.

Zellara's posture changes through her speech, as if speaking a purpose out loud has steeled her resolve and given her purpose.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Morkeleb listens with rapt attention to the spectre of Zellara and the details of her current state. The more perceptive among the group may notice an ever-so-slight tigtening of the mage's grip on the magically imbued cards as the tale unfolds.

As she finishes her portents and discusses the brooch . . .

Yes, power can mean different things to different individuals, and can manifest itself in myriad ways. Personally, I find opulence for the sake of opulence on the grotesque side. But perhaps that is because I've never possessed the wealth to partake in that particular vice, and would think otherwise were my situation different!
.
In any case, if what you say is true--and at this point I have no reason to believe it is not--this item could prove useful to us. True, we could sell it and gain the coin of its material worth. However, if it was stolen from nobility, then that nobility would, unless I miss my guess, take its return with a great deal of gratitude. A non-materal reward--such as a royal favor--can be of far, far greater vaule than one of coin.
.
I believe that we would be well served to tease out the mystery of the original owner of that brooch, and return it. I propose to do this; and I further propose that if any of us disagree, then the dissenters should be paid a fair share of the value of the item before we amicably part ways. What say you, gentlemen?
.
Oh, and since this wondrous deck is most useful in an every-day sense to identify the properties of magical items, I believe that I should be the one to carry it. Agreed?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Well... She seems to like me Odric says sheepishly, a hint of blush coloring his cheek where the spectral woman brushed it.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Sorry on phone, no bracket ability

That sounds reasonable Morkeleb. I think we should look into finding the owner of the brooch.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

......aaaaasaaand?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Lets head down and see some of this civil unrest. Perhaps we can learn something important.
Grym feels a little out of his element in this information seeking mission. His forehead furrows in frustration. Does anyone have any contacts with the nobility? I'm not sure how to go about learning the identity of the owner of the stolen brooch. Going to the palace with stolen property and asking straight up might not be a good idea.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Let us see that brooch again . . .

if whomever has it takes it out, recall it looks like this:

"The circular gold brooch depicts a pseudodragon and an imp coiled around each other in an almost yin-yang pattern. The pseudodragon’s eye is an amethyst, while the imp’s eye is an emerald. It's clearly worth a King's Ransom as the saying goes."

I am not well versed in the knowledge of nobility; I'm not familiar with this crest. Any of you have any idea? The imp might hint at some sort of Chellish origin, but that's only my stab in the dark.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Zellara's eyes light up at the brooch, "that belongs to the queen! I overheard some guards talking about it. It went missing a score of days ago. There is a 2000 gold coin reward for its return."


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

The ranger's eyes bug out and he staggers back suddenly having trouble breathing. TWO THOUSAND GOLD!!!!!!!

Living for so long off of a few copper pinch Grym can't hardly fathom that amount of money. All sorts of riches flash through his head, a real house, good food every day, a huge pack of fine dogs, unobtainium forged weapons, fine leathers and silks, beautiful blonde women, beautiful red headed women, beautiful buxom women...

Saving throw to avoid passing out
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

We would sooner end up arrested or thrown from a parapet than see any gold for turning that in I fear.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

and what makes you say that, Odric? I believe it will hinge upon perspectives. If, for example, we present ourselves as slovenly rogues jonsing for the reward, then your prophecy may well hold true. However, if we present ourselves as professionals, as ones who--as we did--honestly come by this item through performance of a deed that benefitted the city, there is no reason to think we'd be greeted with anything but gratitude, and probably the stated reward. It's all going to be about how we are perceived!
.
Perhaps we might prevail upon Gaius' opinion--no offense, of course, but your skills thus far have pointed clearly to one of, er, a "light fingers" profession--for how best to proceed to maximize our chances of garnering this coin? Could we, for example, try to get past the guards by stating we have information on the brooch we wish to share, then hand it to whatever official we speak to--I'll not presume we'd get anywhere near the queen herself, maybe the Chamberlain?

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Zellara chimes in, apparently - for a moment - forgetting herself, "I wouldn't worry at all my heroes. This was stolen a while ago... and the thief was caught ere sunrise the next day. He had fenced the brooch, hence the reward. I can understand your reluctance though brave Odric. The guard may not have helped us in life, but our fates have been intertwined now, and I think that holds a certain power. Go to Citadel Volshyenek and seek out the reward for the brooch. While there I recommedn you look into the pall that is sliding its hands about Korvosa's neck."


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I have no problem with this plan. do any of you? I suggest we do this in the morning--perhaps late morning? I have a small task to accomplish before we start investigating--a bit of magic I need to acquire that might prove useful.

DM:
I want to add Charm Person to my spell list by buying a scroll--or trading at the Acadamae? I believe i can do one of those easily, yes?

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Morkeleb:
you can buy a scroll, you haven't earned enough of a reputation to cash in on favors, and you don't have anyhting they'd trade for.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

I don't see why we'd have any trouble speaking to the authorities. The Church of Abadar is highly respected. As one of their representatives, I would expect, at the very least, a chance to explain how we came to possess the brooch. If we proceed in good faith, we will be received in kind.

As to Morkeleb's other point, I certainly wouldn't mind a rest. That croc took a lot out of me.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Agreed, we can meet in the morning. Odric, do you want that drink now?

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Are you staying here at Zellara's or at your respective homes? Or some other combination of things?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Grym, A drink would be splendid, but I have an ulterior purpose while we enjoy earh others' company...
Odric takes out the silver ring and dexterously flips it in the air and catches it at eye level. The light sparkles on its shiny surface and he re-examines the inscription: “For Emmah—the light in my nights"

I want to see if we can learn any information about the owner of this ring. It is bothering me that some lovestruck young man might have had this stolen from him, or some pretty lady might have had this slipped from her finger by some cutpurse.

Of course if he's dead or if Emmah is lost to us, we might reorient our search and look for some other lovely lady named Emmah! Odric grins devilishly.

Diplomacy check with Thorgrym's aid: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21 while Grym and I go out for a drink, looking for information about the ring or the original Emmah. To do this, we spend 1d4 ⇒ 3 hours canvassing people at local taverns, markets, and gathering places. We also keep our eyes open for a proxy Emmah...just in case.

Odric does not drink to excess, and agrees to return to Zellara's place an hour after dawn tomorrow to meet up with his friends.

Odric, seemingly oblivious of the spectral Zellarah, once again bends down to the harrowing deck in Morkelebs hand. Again speaking a bit too loudly and clearly he thanks the deck politely and shakes Morkeleb's hand and the deck.

Image in my mind:
I'm picturing the handshake Happy Gilmore gave Chubbs' jacked up wooden hand in that one scene. Sorry I'm cracking myself up here.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Morkeleb--no stranger to strangeness--allows Odric the Odd his oddities without comment (but not without raised eyebrow). He then also addresses teh deck, buta s if he's alking to an actual person.

Zellara, I'm sure we'll talk again soon. Rest now (I'm the only one allowed to say "hit the deck")

He then stowes the deck in one of his robe pockets. Shall we meet tomorrow, say, midmorning, back here or elsewhere? Perhaps by that time someone will have sold our treasures at a fair price for an even split between us all--sans brooch, of course? and then we can move to the palace . . .


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius pipes up.

I'll hold the treasures and will fence the goods, except the brooch, in the morning and meet you here at Zellara's. Agreed?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Not that I shouldn't trust another former Little Lamm . . . but may we have your word that tomorrow when we meet, we all get an even share of the sales? You know, we only just met a few hours ago, and you have thousands of gold worth of treasure we all earned.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

And I think if our adventures carry us once more into the breech then the oil of keenliness could prove useful. I want to keep it and the ring. I'm determined to try to find its owner.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Excellent my friend, lets go drinking...

The only assistance I can offer is my sense motive skill or perception.
respectively 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 extra +2 vrs humans and 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for perception


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius nods to Odric, in acceptance of his taking the oil and the ring. He then smiles at Morkeleb.

Don't worry. Claiming the reward for the broach is too high profile for me to do it and get away from you all. I earned coin tonight and savored cold vengence. I've a feeling keeping in your good graces may prove profitable. But if it puts your concerns to rest...

Gaius raises his right hand and swears:

...I promise I will not take more than I deserve.

His smile broadens, and he lightly slaps Odric on the shoulder on his way out.

Those are coming out of your share, Cinna.*

*Cinna is the name of a famous star-crossed lover in the Chelish operatic masterpiece, CINNA & ISOLDE. The reference made by Gaius is particularly fitting, as Cinna was led to his doom by refusing to part with Isolde's ring.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Dungeon Master, Gaius will sleep in his home and then head out to appraise and/or fence the goods.

-Teak Cigar Case (inlaid jade)
-2 lb gold bar stamped with Chelish royal crest.
-Miniature Gold Crown
-Scrimshaw Kraken with Garnet Eyes
-Silver Ring "For Emmah" (Odric)
-Ivory Succubi Figurine (Gaius)
-MW Shuriken
-Adamantine Arrowhead (Ferox, you're an archer, you want?)
-Abalone Shell Holy Symbol of Shelyn
-Crystaline Vial of Silversheen (will appraise because vial is worth something, but we should keep this for future use)
-Oil of Keen Edge (Odric)
-Obsidian Wand of Magic Missile (Morkeleb)

Anyone else want to lay claim to something?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:

Gaius raises his right hand and swears:

...I promise I will not take more than I deserve.

Morkeleb smirks, and barks out a quick laugh. A rogue in the truest sense! I believe you've earned the benfit of the doubt. I shall see you all here tomorrow.

He then heads back to his room at the Acadamae.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric ruminates.... I think with my portion of the spoils I'll create a club where people can live out their fantasies of living and fighting in times gone by. They can fight with padded clubs and rocks, maybe some pointed sticks with dulled tips. They could call it the SCA, the "Society for Caveman Anachronisms". I could charge dues and hold fairs. It could be a real success if I do it right. Maybe a thought to put away until later.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)
Odric the Stout wrote:

Odric ruminates.... I think with my portion of the spoils I'll create a club where people can live out their fantasies of living and fighting in times gone by. They can fight with padded clubs and rocks, maybe some pointed sticks with dulled tips. They could call it the SCA, the "Society for Caveman Anachronisms". I could charge dues and hold fairs. It could be a real success if I do it right. Maybe a thought to put away until later.

Grym ponders Odric's odd idea over his pint of ale... The ranger wondered if the stout warrior had consumed more drinks then he thought or if Odric simply enjoyed spouting looney talk. Grym was just getting to know the man but figured crazy or not, he seemed a good sort. The ranger hefted his drink to the man and bought him a shot of whiskey.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Gaius:

-Teak Cigar Case (inlaid jade) 25 Gp
-2 lb gold bar stamped with Chelish royal crest. 100 Gp

-Miniature Gold Crown350 Gp

-Scrimshaw Kraken with Garnet Eyes200 Gp

-Silver Ring "For Emmah" (Odric)-not appraised, Odric took

-Ivory Succubi Figurine (Gaius)450 Gp

-Abalone Shell Holy Symbol of Shelyn300 Gp

-Crystaline Vial of Silversheen (will appraise because vial is worth something, but we should keep this for future use)25 Gp for the vial

Odric and Grym:
It appears your luck pays off. Just as you are about to call it a night and give up, a drunken Korvoson man nearly stumbles into Grym, and actually stumbles into Odric. He relays a sob story of losing the engagement ring he bought for his darling. It appears that you have found your man.... He rewards you with 4 shots of whiskey and a small handful (7 Gp.) Word of your good deed quickly spreads amongst the patrons. You (Odric and Grym) each gain one Fame point. If you're unaware of how fame works, I'll hit you up on the discussion board.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym wakes up with a slight hangover and cant imagine how bad Odrics head must hurt. The groggy human takes Gramps for a walk and ambles his way to meet his new comrads.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Assuming I made it to my room without incident, first thing in the AM I purchase a scroll of Charm Person, then transcribe it into my spellbook.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 vs. DC 16 = success

Then prepare spells for the day. Then . . . find some litearture on Harrowing (how to do it), as I may want to pick that up DM--what skill will that be? Profession, craft, . . ?

Finally, head to Zellara's to meet the group.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Ferox will happily take the Adamantine Arrow.

He spends the night in his own room, waking to still feeling like crap. He will make his way to Zellara's to meet with everyone in the morning, hoping the spoils from Lamm's might afford him some healing.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

All of you have the same experiences making your way to Zellara's. You've spent most of the night out, and haven't had much interaction with others.

Everyone you pass, everyone you palaver with, all says the same: something happened at the castle last night. No one has any solid information. Rumors fly like a Korvosan imp. Assassination, the treasury stolen, even evidence that Aroden yet lives are all bandied about.

You go about your business quickly, eager to get yourselves back to Zellara's to discuss - and take - your next step.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Morkeleb, Harrowing is a Profession skill.

451 to 500 of 6,801 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.