Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 1

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]


Curse of the Crimson Throne Perception:


  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+18[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius*]d20+16[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym**]d20+12[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+12[/dice]

*Does not include Trapspotter.
**Does not include Favored Enemy, Favored Terrain, or Bucho


1 to 50 of 6,975 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Unknown All

This will be the official thread of the Play by Post. Campaign details appear on the Obsidian Portal site. The campaign will start once everyone's characters are made and ready to go. This is my first time running (or participating at all) in a Play by Post. Please don't hesitate to offer up suggestions, requests, and other sundry feedback.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I believe I shall be the first player to post here. This is the third PBP campaign I've been involved with. I anticipate a great deal of . . . gaming . . .with this group. :-)


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Gentlemen, I've arrived.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Kelish) Gunslinger/1

So, who needs to be shot?


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

In. Like Flynn.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Is it just me or are there a lot more hot female Avatar pics than useful male ones?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:
Is it just me or are there a lot more hot female Avatar pics than useful male ones?

Right? I had a tough time finding anything at all. I was thinking I ought to remake my guy as a werewolf or something because I saw like 54 werewolves.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

I'm here but still trying to figure this out.
So, the actual playing will be here? The Obsidian Portal site is just to keep things organized?

I'll try to keep working on figureing out how to put an avatar/pic up.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

You guys weren't kidding about the pages of useless avatar pics. I sifted through the first 20+ pages and finally selected this dog.

I'll keep looking and try to find a normal looking human male at some point.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Chris Marsh wrote:
This will be the official thread of the Play by Post. Campaign details appear on the Obsidian Portal site. The campaign will start once everyone's characters are made and ready to go. This is my first time running (or participating at all) in a Play by Post. Please don't hesitate to offer up suggestions, requests, and other sundry feedback.

OK, deadline passed. all guys made? Good. I roll for initiative, something something something, loot the bodies.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Estoy listo a jugar. Ahora mismo!

Andoran

Male Unknown All

A quick bit of poking around leads you to the address on the card, a fortune teller named Zallara makes her both her career and home here. The shop door is closed, but immediately next to it is a door that leads to the living quarters above. It's a well adorned, but simple apartment. The stairs lead directly to a dining area.

The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

A piece of paper bearing handwriting that matches the Harrow Card rests on the table under a small river-smoothed rock.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Being the first to arrive at said address, I look about the room for doors other than the one I came in.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20 <--ha!! BAZINGA fist natural 20 of the campaign!!!

I take out the Harrow card invitation and place it on the table. Then, anticipating the arrival of "others like me," I take one of the chairs away from the table into a corner, facing the door. My staff leans within easy reach as I sit and wait.

How Morkeleb Looks:
A human male, distinctly on the "slight" side; frail, bordering on looking sickly. Even so, he's got intense eyes--very dark brown, so that it looks almost as if he's got no irises (and he blinks *very* seldom). Dark brown hair, light complexion. Simple brown hooded robe, hood pulled up. His staff is exquisitely made covered in a variety of mystical looking carved runes, capped with a small green crystal.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius walks around the room, and gently lifts and looks behind each of the tapestries. He looks to be examining the workmanship, but is also checking behind them for concealed doors or compartments.

After examining behind each of the three tapestries, he'll slap down The Rabbit Prince, Prince side up on the table and take a seat facing the exit.

He will slyly use the toe of one boot to lift the blue cloth from the basket and tilt his head to see peek under the table and into the basket. He does this as he runs his palms over the underside of the tabletop looking for anything unusual.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Kelish) Gunslinger/1

Keftan arrives at the address a little before the light of the day has faded, and knocks on the door to the quarters. He'll either wait until he's admitted by Zallara, or another adventurer comes along and forces the door.

EDIT - Upon seeing Gaius and Morkeleb enter, he follows; and reads paper on the table.

Andoran

OOC: How did you get that die roller?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Greetings, stranger. Looks as if the Foreign Trader has met the Rabbit Prince. I give an almost smile.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Kelish) Gunslinger/1

Well met, gentlemen. My name's Keftan.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

it's a function of the boards. Allow me to elucidate y'all.

anything in quotes below, don't actually type the quotes. :-)

DICE to roll dice, type open brackets "[" then "dice" then closed brackets "]" Then, indicate the number and type of dice ("1d20" or "6d6") and any additions or subtractions. Then type open brackets "[" then "/dice" and closed brackets "]"

SPOILERTo make a "spoiler" like I did above, go bracket "spoiler=some text" bracket. (if it's a message just for Chris, you might write "[spoiler=DM]") Then type what you want under the button, then wehn you're done, it's bracket "/spoiler" bracket.

To boldface (I like to do that when my character talks) it's bracket "b" bracket, then bracket "/b" bracket.

To italicize, same as bold except use i

To make it purple text, same as above except use ooc (for "out of character") Typically used for, you guessed it, out of character text like this


Just gotta test this...1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

EDIT - f+*#ing squee!!!

EDIT2 - u doesn't work for underlining, and Paizo censors cussing, jerks


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

I walk into the room. I pause for a moment and study each person already there. I give a polite nod to all. I place my invitation card on the table with the others. The card is face up showing the Survivor. I don't remove the rock but read what I can of the paper on the table.

I pull out a chair and sling my beat up pack over the back of it before I sit down.

(Thanks for the elucidating Mike. I'll try to keep all this stuff straight. So when we use the brackets for dice rolls, the computer makes the rolls for us?
I can't make your bracket stuff work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.)


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

You hear slow, heavy deliberate thuds ascending the stairs. The footfalls are loud and seem ominous as the stairs creak beneath their weight. As the footsteps reach the top stair, you may hear a slight wheezing, sounding like it comes from some horrible creature. The wheezing is accented by a muffled curse and a heavy hand rests on the door latch. The door swings wide, allowing a sour stench to waft into the room. In the shadows of the stairwell a looming figure shrouded in darkness stands, feet spread wide. His bulk is impressive. As he strides into the room you see a large man dressed in adventuring clothes. A heavy pick at his belt with the head carved into the likeness of a ferocious eagle bangs against the door frame as the large man squeezes through. He has the hilt of a sword protruding over his right shoulder and beneath his rough clothes the creak and soft jingle of buckled-on leather armor sound through.

A cautious grin breaks across his pasty face through three day's growth of black stubble. He looks around the room and notes the other invitations on the table. He places his down atop the pile and picks up the stone weighing down the note. His bleary eyes squint to read the characters upon it.

Gentlemen, I'm Odric. I've arrived. Which of you has summoned me? No doubt you've heard of me? Can you read this? it looks a little blurry to me.

Odric thrusts the paper towards the apparently erudite man in the corner, assuming he is probably in charge around here.

1d20 ⇒ 18
test roll

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Phil, Mike's directions are a little complicated. Try this:

[dice]1d20+5[/dice.] will get you the roll. Put in whatever the formula is. Just delete the extra period I put in the [/dice.] You can also do bold with a B in the brackets, italics with an I and purple with OOC.

The text of the note is easy enough to read, and it's not sinister in the least:

Spoiler:
Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you.

Underneath the basket is an assortment of wine, cheese, and bread.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric's bulk as he searches under the table nudges and lifts the table a bit. As he emerges with half a bread and some cheese gripped in one huge hand, an opened bottle of decent wine in the other and a cork in his mouth, he bangs his head quite forcefully on the edge of the table.

A long slurping swig later Odric wiped his mouth with the back of the bread and cheese-laden hand and offers the remains to the human man sitting at the table. he thrusts his large hand in the general direction of the man as he does so and puts his well-worn boot up on the chair before him. Offering his hand, Odric asks the man's name with a mouth full of food and an obvious rush of goodwill aimed at the fellow.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

I accept some bread, cheese, and a swig of wine.

My name is Thorgrym, but some just call me Grym.
Thorgrym shakes hands firmly before sitting back down.

Testing 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

So... This note I received mentioned Gaedren Lamm. It said there would be others like me here - I'm assuming you hate the man as well? Are we brought together to track him down and destroy him?

As he says Gaedren's name, Odric's eyes clear, his massive fist clenches and his brow lowers. This is a man who obviously has a deep-seated hatred for Lamm.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

A handsome man with elven features beneath his neatly trimmed beard smiles and calmly takes out a knife and begins performing tricks with it. His smile is sardonic and gleeful.

Are we to be wolves then and hunt the Lamm? Perhaps we're here for Lamm's slaughter? Or perhaps this is an elaborate trap and we're here for Lamm's slaughter? Either way, have a seat with this spooky chap and myself and we shall sup and await our host to reveal who is to be the butcher and who the feast. I am Lirsiiv, called Gaius by some. I see we each have reason to seek the miserable shepherd. Shall we share our tails and see if they are wolves' or sheep?

Gaius is dressed in black leather accented with yellow trim. It is clean and well maintained, but only of average quality. He carries a mostly empty backpack and a couple of small weapons at his belt. Around his neck is an amulet, three blades pointed outward around a disc.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I assume, Gaius, by "spooky chap" you mean me? Well, thanks for that. I'd also have appreciated "unassuming," but I'll take what I can get. I take a bit of cheese.

(I speak quietly, but not without confidence. Merely stating facts.)

Forgive me, but I'm not accustomed to dealing with people in what one might call a "normal" situation. I've been a student at The Acadamae for some time, which lends itself to hours upon hours of isolated study.

The only part of this statement taht comes out wiht some emotion is "I've been a studetn at The Acadamea" which clearly has a tinge of pride in it

So, Gaius, as you have suggested the sharing of stories, would you be so kind as to begin?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

At Gaius's talk of a trap, Thorgrym loosens his sword in its sheath.

We are a wolfpack. If this is a trap he will see we have teeth. Lamm needs to be hunted down for his crimes. I am here because he poisoned my best friends. I found them dying in horrible pain. I know they were just dogs but they were loyal to me and showed me more kindness then almost anybody in this city. I loved them.

Thorgrym now seems a little uncomfortable for having spoken so much at one time. He takes another swig of wine and sits back in his seat eager to see this play out.

Thorgrym isn't nearly as massive as Odric but he is strong looking in a lean sort of way. His brown hair looks as if it has been roughly shorn close to the skull with shears. His studded leather armor is well worn but looks recently oiled and treated. His brown woolen pants are patched in several places. At his left hip rests a curved sword, like a scimitar or heavy sabre. It looks old but servicable. A long straight knife hangs on his other hip. Over all this rests a dirty gray cloak.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Still smiling and flipping a dagger, Gaius nods to Thorgrym in understanding and begins his own tale:

Once I was a Little Lamm; My fleece was black as night; And every where that Gaedran led; I hid from others' sight; I slipped and sneaked and stole and took; I listened for the Herd; And every day I hurried back for fear of Gaedran's crook; Then one day, I lingered out and strayed too far from home; I wrapped myself in yellow silk and no longer wished to roam; But back to Gaedran, home at last, now marked by Savored Sting; He beat me down, left me to die, a pulped and bloody thing; And now I seek to right the scale; A third sting I will learn; And down inside the halls of Hell; I'll send his soul to burn.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

There is a knock at the door. A tall, gaunt man clad in weathered black leathers opens the door. A polished, gold key hangs from his neck. Several days growth covers his jaw and his eyes are bloodshot. He pauses in the doorway, taking in the room and the company awaiting him before entering fully. He crosses to the table and lays his Harrow card down atop the others.

Hello, everyone. I apologize for my tardiness. I'll assume you've all made introductions to each other. I'm Ferox Kerr.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

sorry that my "Bofus Beerswizzler" avatar is up there; it's my default and I forgot to change it when I posted, and it was too late to edit my post--you get like 1 hour after posting to edit--by the time I noticed it.

@ Gaius: You were a Little Lamm too? Interesting. I wonder if you ever gifted me with books or other writings while I was also under Lamm's heel; I'd recieved things of that nature over the years from others I knew not. Lamm used me for my mind, rather than my fingers. I hadn't been actively seeking to avenge myself on him, but if the opportunity presents itself . . . let's just say I won't find it unsatisfying.

DM:
I don't know the protocols for using magic outside the Acadamae walls, particularly for vigilante justice, but I assume Morkeleb would know . . . fill me in?

@Ferox: I nod at the newcomer. Greetings, Ferox. I am Morkeleb. I indicate each person in turn. This is Gaius Lirsiiv, Odric the Stout--apparently by name AND by appearance!--Thorgrym, and Keftan. We've just started discussing our ties to the villain, Gaedren Lamm. Apparently Gaius and I share the dubious distinction of having been one of the "Little Lamms." Grym here had his beloved pets--forgive me, sir, compainions more accurate?--poisoned by Lamm. Odric has only expressed a hatred for the man that he has not yet explained the cause of.
.
What I'm most curious of is, who orchestrated the assembly of this party, for what purposes, and how did they find and choose us as individuals?


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Ferox studies each of you briefly as Morkeleb calls you out. He pulls aside one of the tall-backed chairs and sits down.

I've not had the pleasure of meeting Mistress Zallara before. Considering our invitations and her profession, I would guess she'll say that Fate brought us together. Though, from her invite, it would seem that she has a score to settle with Lamm, as do the rest of us.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

@Morkeleb: Gaedran had many lamms, and I suspect more than one cell. I might remember you. Were you the slight lad with the cough? The one he kept reading schematics and keeping the books?

Gaius snickers

You were called Johnny, then. I filched you a book about bridges once, in exchange for a favor to be named later.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

A middle-aged Varisian woman with long dark hair enters mid conversation. She looks at you each in turn before sitting down at the table. Once comfortable, she scoops up the cards and begins shuffling them idly. Her skill with the deck is obvious to anyone who watches how the cards seem to float and dance over her hands and the table. With a nod of her head, she indicates that the you all should sit at her table (if you have not done so already) conveniently, there are exactly enough chairs for you. Once you are all seated, she speaks in a soft but clear voice:

Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also mysole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son. “I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures. “And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay. If you accept this task, I shall perform the Harrowing, and we shall see what the future holds...

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Zellara stops shuffling the cards, and waits for you to confirm.

To do the Harrowing I need to know only the ordering of your seating. There are six of you, starting to her left is position 1. Then it proceeds to her right to position 6. Post your position. First come, first serve. When all are situated, the Harrowing will begin.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

I accept. Alone or with comrades.

Thorgrym looks to the others seated at the table.

[OOC]I was the fourth to enter. I'll take fourth position.[OOC/]


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I'll follow Grym's lead--I was first, I'll take position 1

I'll not lie and say the thought of repaying Lamm for his misdeeds doesn't appeal to me. I've heard that seeing your enemy shriek and writhe under your mind's grip is one of the more satisfying rewards of power; I intend to find out whether this is true. I also accept.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Nearly empty wine bottle in hand, Odric takes the sixth seat, closest to Zellara's right hand. As he does so he hitches up his trousers and attempts to ignore the ominous creaking of the chair.

Lamm kidnapped my master's son because the brewery where I was apprenticed was late on Lamm's "protection" payments. I have been unable to track the man down and I've had similar experiences with the town guard who were reluctant to help me. I do not accuse them of corruption and complicity in Lamm's schemes and designs, but really what else could explain their inexplicable inability to locate and arrest the man?

Odric makes an abortive offer around the table with the wine bottle and drains the last of it before any could respond.

The man is evil, Morkeleb I'd like to see some of that shrieking and writhing, but I've got a more direct way to elicit it. Before we kill the man though, If the boy still lives I've sworn an oath to rescue him for my master.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

If revenge is your aim, then I'll see it done. Besides, I have not been harrowed in quite some time. Let us see what awaits.

Gaius is in position 3, so he can look her straight across and better take her measure.

Andoran

OOC: How did you all set it so your class and level are showing next to your name?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

Click on your name, and create a profile. Fill those fields out--gender, race, class--and they'll auto-fill.
.
I'm going to be using my profile on this board as my "wokring stuff" since I can't get to Obs Portal from work. I'll have current spells known and spells prepared on that profile; that way, if I'm ever not available someone can use my profile ot post for me and actually do stuff like cast spells. :-)

Andoran

Ferox sits down in the fifth seat.

I'm in. Lamm needs to answer for his crimes.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41
Mardigan77 wrote:

Ferox sits down in the fifth seat.

I'm in. Lamm needs to answer for his crimes.

And what brings An Inquisitor of The First Vault here to associate with the likes of us miscreants and cutthroats?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

At the term "miscreants and cutthroats" Thorgrym glares at Gaius.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46
Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:
At the term "miscreants and cutthroats" Thorgrym glares at Gaius.

I raise an amused eyebrow at Gaius' comment; it rises higher at Grym's reaction.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

I mean no offense... Bounty Hunter, Gaius begins. He looks over Thorgrym The Tracker and notes important details. To the Abadarans, especially an Inquisitor, we are all miscreants and cutthroats. Are we not, Master Ferox?


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thorgrym nods and raises an open hand to Gaius, whether it means acceptance or forgiveness he doesn't explain.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Behold, The Harrowing

Andoran

Male Unknown All

At the stage of the Choosing, you each received a card of the Harrow:

1. Morkeleb. . .The Tangled Briar
An old evil shall endanger the Present.
2. Keftan. . .The Crows
The taking of something loved can be righted.
3. Gaius. . .The Trumpet
This card plays the role of declaring power heretofore unknown.
4. Grym. . .The Mute Hag
A dark secret made exposed, or a pact made undone.
5. Ferox. . .The Bear
In a show of brute force, triumph.
6. Odric. . .The Empty Throne
This one plays a role in which a loss leads to later good fortune.

Displayed before her were 9 cards:

The Wanderer

The Survivor

The Avalanche

The Inquisitor

The Waxworks

The Peacock

The Mountain Man

The Carnival

The Queen Mother

The first card is The Wanderer, which is fitting as it represents having found worth in something currently disgarded. But what makes it truly interesting is that The Wanderer is boxed in by two perfect matches. Beneath it the Inquisitor represents an immutable past, one that must be accepted, yet the other border is the Survivor. The Survivor is rebirth through ordeal. This triad gives us confidence that our path is the right one. The most striking point of the other cards is the Avalanche. It is both honorbound and evil, yet in a place of freewilled goodness. This is a portent of crisis that may be averted. It is unclear why it is here, but a dark crisis will lead to a powerful triumph. In the center position rests teh uncertain present. The Waxworks is a card of entropy. The present and future will not look as they do now. The Peacock sits in the uncertain future and shows personal growth from entropy. The bottom row represents the darkness, past, present, and future. The physical presense of the Mountain Man gives way to the false promises and dreams of the present, but your future is opposed by the Queen Mother. Be weary of the fealty that grants power. Unfettered it spells your doom.

Now the Harrowing is complete, and Lamm will not stay long. I beseech you to go forth and balance the scales. With that a suddenly tired and forelorn Zellara gathers the cards and looks at you all, locking eyes for a brief moment and transmitting the deepest sorrow.

1 to 50 of 6,975 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.