Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+4[/dice]


Curse of the Crimson Throne Perception:


  • [dice=Ferox]d20+18[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius*]d20+16[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym**]d20+12[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+4[/dice]

*Does not include Trapspotter.
**Does not include Favored Enemy, Favored Terrain, or Bucho


1,951 to 1,996 of 1,996 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 5; Trapspotter 19; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 56/56

Both you and Tipa warned me. But it was on Netflix (so close to free) and I was bored. I also figured it couldn't reasonably be THAT much worse than the other films in the series. But... Wow.


Male Human Ranger 9, AC 23, HPs dead/116, Int +3, Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +6 (Bucho AC 24 HPs 6/96, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +5 +4morale)

Does the party have any raise dead capability currently?

I like playing in a game where we can actually die. Certainly makes it more fun.

Im considering making a new character rather than hoping the party will bring Grym back.

Does anyone in the party care, or have an opinion for either option?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+19[/dice] for [dice]2d4+11+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/9 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:117/117 - THAC0:11 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +8, Will +6/+8 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

your call brother.

I like Grym, but I also sort of like the risk of dying.

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

My advice? You're headed into a VERY haunted castle. Now is not the time for a new face. What happens in the castle may... change characters.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

I to like Grym very much. But your call my support 100% either way.

Haunted castle, no high level divine.... DM gives warning mmmmmm shiney... and tasty lol


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 9 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 40/59

I did Grym and Bucho both. I will be saddened to see him go...but it isn't my call for sure. And I am the first to heed the DM warnings!


Male Human Ranger 9, AC 23, HPs dead/116, Int +3, Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +6 (Bucho AC 24 HPs 6/96, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +5 +4morale)

Ha, okay


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 5; Trapspotter 19; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 56/56

We don't have any Raise Dead ability though. We can bail on Scarwall for now and find a cleric, or a device.

I think this may have some long term effect on Gaius. Like re-training class levels and alignment change effect. I don't think I'm walking away from this encounter unchanged.


In order to save us from weeks of real time, why don't you guys discuss the post combat game plan here while finishing the fight in the gameplay tab.


Male Human Inquisitor 9 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=59/73

It should really be all about what Phil wants to do. Once Phil lets us know, we can plan from there. No bad decisions, Phil. Do what's going to be fun for you.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W
Ferox Kerr wrote:
It should really be all about what Phil wants to do. Once Phil lets us know, we can plan from there. No bad decisions, Phil. Do what's going to be fun for you.

I concure 100%!! Well said Ferox


Agreed, there are no bad decisions. Not taking my advice is 100% fine. I'm ready to go either way.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 9 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 40/59

I will say that I feel bad I wasn't able to assist in saving Grym. One unfortunate die roll isn't something I can control, but I probably should have tried again on the same target. :-(


Male Human Ranger 9, AC 23, HPs dead/116, Int +3, Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +6 (Bucho AC 24 HPs 6/96, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +5 +4morale)
Morkeleb the Mighty wrote:
I will say that I feel bad I wasn't able to assist in saving Grym. One unfortunate die roll isn't something I can control, but I probably should have tried again on the same target. :-(

Was more than just 1 rough die roll. Though that first spell would have been a fight changer if it worked!

But FOUR 20's in that fight were pretty devasting against Grym and Bucho. The first 20 was a confirmed crit and the extra damage knocked Bucho out of the fight in the first round. Would have been nice if he could have at least made it into the second round. Might have made a difference.

Anyway its cool. If the party is able to bring Grym back that would great. If not, then whatever.

Bring me back the way Conan was in the movie.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 9 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 40/59

IM A WIZARD MIND YOU...were I to strike at you, I would summon a demon more ferocious than ALL IN HELL!!!


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W
Morkeleb the Mighty wrote:
IM A WIZARD MIND YOU...were I to strike at you, I would summon a demon more ferocious than ALL IN HELL!!!

./queue <eyeroll>

lolz


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

Looking over the loot, and no not the loot on Grym's body, I see only 1 item I'm interested in, and that's the Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Grym and Odric already possess one. Anyone mind if I claim it.

Also kind DM, I was checking out the Perception and Init spoilers above. Please update to the following. Perception +14, Init +4

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

Not sure the liquid assets of the town either. I'll look up how much you can sell.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Ranger 9, AC 23, HPs dead/116, Int +3, Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +6 (Bucho AC 24 HPs 6/96, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +5 +4morale)

Not sure how long it will take to ressurect Grym. In the meantime, its okay to "borrow" his stuff. Grym is a pretty practical guy.

Also, that belt of giant str +2 would look pretty good on Bucho (I think all the fighters in the party already have one)


Male Human Inquisitor 9 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=59/73

We have a bunch of +1 axes. It isn't enough to barter with them for Grym's life.

"Hey folks, here are weapons to defend your town with that your town probably could never afford. Please bring our friend back to life."


It's certainly worth a try...


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+19[/dice] for [dice]2d4+11+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/9 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:117/117 - THAC0:11 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +8, Will +6/+8 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

What would it cost to make that sword keen?


14,000 GP and a city that can handle a 32,000 Gp transaction.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+19[/dice] for [dice]2d4+11+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/9 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:117/117 - THAC0:11 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +8, Will +6/+8 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

So does that mean Morkeleb could do it for half given time and materials?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 9 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 40/59

Materials, yes. 7000 gp

Time, no. 14 days

one heluva nice blade, though, eh? Eh? Know what I mean nudge nudge?!?!


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

Morkelb, we can do it in conjunction with travel. If you read it, it isn't something you do sitting with your legs crossed floating in a tent somewhere, and the days do not have to be consectutive.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+19[/dice] for [dice]2d4+11+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/9 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:117/117 - THAC0:11 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +8, Will +6/+8 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

I don't have 7k GPs, and I don't believe we have the materials. Besides, DM S suggested straight plusses are better overall. Anyone else have any ideas?

Or for that matter, does anyone else have designs on this blade?


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

Not I doesn't work well with shield. Unless someone casts enlarge on me then hands me the sword. Will that work?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 9 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 40/59
Odric the Stout wrote:
I don't have 7k GPs, and I don't believe we have the materials. Besides, DM S suggested straight plusses are better overall. Anyone else have any ideas?

in general I agree with S, straight plusses are better overall. However, Keen has a special place in my heart. If you've got enough damage boosters, critical hits are dramatic and awesome, so more of them are MORE dramatic and awesome.

If this sword would replace the Kergerator, you could sell it to raise funds. *shrug*

Quote:
Or for that matter, does anyone else have designs on this blade?

I pretend to raise my hand. (although, I could learn telekinesis and wield it that way...)

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

Keen doesn't stack with improved critical though. Fighters with lots of critical feats wouldn't gain a benefit

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 9 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 40/59
Chris Marsh wrote:

Keen doesn't stack with improved critical though. Fighters with lots of critical feats wouldn't gain a benefit

100% agreed.

do we have any of those??


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

Odric is going the Crit tree, but looking at it creatures we will face have pretty good fort saves to resist blindness and some of the other ones

I have most of the feats I want, I might retrain to a high threat weapon if I start taking Crit feats


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+19[/dice] for [dice]2d4+11+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/9 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:117/117 - THAC0:11 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +8, Will +6/+8 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37
Odric the Stout wrote:

ok - Barring any objections...

Morkeleb casts invisibility on Gaius, who sneaks in and relays important information about the layout via Message. If there is an opportunity to quickly dispatch a lone guard or something, Gaius can use his best judgement.

Once Gaius is ready, Morkeleb bampf's the remainder of the party in using Dimension Door. Blood spills, heroes win.

All good? Anyone disagree?

Just to point out... the plan was to scout out, possibly gank a lone guard if possible, relay intel back, then all bampf in and paint the walls red. but then:

Lerooooooooooy... Jenkinssss!


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

I think that plan was changed when first contact was made with the Orc leader.

So now what is the plan, are we all walking to the city, or splitting up Mork, Gaius and Grym going to the city via bamf, raise Grym, and bamf back?


Male Human Inquisitor 9 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=59/73

I would discourage exploration of the castle without the full party. If we're going to Raise Grym, we should do that first then all go in together.

Do we have the funds to Raise Grym? Or are we hoping our recent spoils will defray the cost, either through sale or barter?


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+19[/dice] for [dice]2d4+11+9[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/9 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:117/117 - THAC0:11 -
Crunch:
Fort: +12, Ref: +8, Will +6/+8 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37

We stay together. Lets load up Donkeyhorse and start walking.

and please...PLEASE someone remember to pick up Grym's head.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 5; Trapspotter 19; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 56/56
Odric the Stout wrote:
Odric the Stout wrote:

ok - Barring any objections...

Morkeleb casts invisibility on Gaius, who sneaks in and relays important information about the layout via Message. If there is an opportunity to quickly dispatch a lone guard or something, Gaius can use his best judgement.

Once Gaius is ready, Morkeleb bampf's the remainder of the party in using Dimension Door. Blood spills, heroes win.

All good? Anyone disagree?

Just to point out... the plan was to scout out, possibly gank a lone guard if possible, relay intel back, then all bampf in and paint the walls red. but then:

Lerooooooooooy... Jenkinssss!

It was 100% the dog's fault.


Not sure how many of you use Chrome, but one of the people who posts a lot wrote a Chrome extension that does a couple of super convenient things to the PbP boards.

1. Reorganizes the view a bit. This is super helpful to me because I have 8 active games typically.

2. Highlights new posts, minor, but nice.

3. You can block certain posters. Convenient when there's someone annoying on the PFS boards, but we're all in the same party.

4. CHAT this is the big one really. I know we have a million chat programs at our disposal, but this one appears next to the campaign and helps keep quick chatter in place instead of tag in posts. It can definitely hasten delays when you have a quick question and I'm around:

Check it out.


Male Human Ranger 9, AC 23, HPs dead/116, Int +3, Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +6 (Bucho AC 24 HPs 6/96, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +5 +4morale)
Ferox Kerr wrote:

I would discourage exploration of the castle without the full party. If we're going to Raise Grym, we should do that first then all go in together.

Do we have the funds to Raise Grym? Or are we hoping our recent spoils will defray the cost, either through sale or barter?

Grym has a little over 6K gold.


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

I do use chrome, when I get home I will check it out. He just released a new version 1.1.2 3 hrs ago


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 5; Trapspotter 19; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 15; FF: 22; HP: 56/56
Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:
Ferox Kerr wrote:

I would discourage exploration of the castle without the full party. If we're going to Raise Grym, we should do that first then all go in together.

Do we have the funds to Raise Grym? Or are we hoping our recent spoils will defray the cost, either through sale or barter?

Grym has a little over 6K gold.

Grym is carrying 120lbs of Gold?

No wonder you died.

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

Hey Guys,

I'll be on vacation for the days leading up to Gen Con. While I can post as a player in games, running Curse of the Crimson Throne isn't feasible. My last post will be Friday (July 23rd) and I'll return to posting Tuesday (August 4th.)

We've had some great momentum, and I don't want to lose it. Feel free to do as much chatter, prep, etc. as you'd like.

Believe it or not we are 75% through the campaign! Scarwall can move pretty quickly if the party is on key, and it moves.... upward as well. You'll see :-)

Chris


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W

Nice post there Morkelb!!! I love the turning point.

How about while Chris is afk we all have some conversation, characterization posts.

Grym can join in also, his soul observing our conversations. Bucho whining feeling his presence.

Sound good?

on another note, shopping list while in town. Holy water, wand of restoration, wand of ghost touch... banishment scrolls.. or anything else that you think of that they have and we can afford.

Grand Lodge

Male Unknown All

Before I go I will post the purchase limits for town. Feel free to handle all of it.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 9 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 40/59
Sandor Stouthammer wrote:
Nice post there Morkelb!!! I love the turning point.

thank you, sir. One aspect of role playing that I see, and do, too little is character growth. There have been a few moments in my gaming history where a character has had a surprise turning point, which has ended up being very formative.

My favorite still is when Gauis and I were playing Sunless Citadel. Our characters were quite different, but when we got to the BBEG who had enslaved some innocents, we looked at each other and said, with hardly 3 words between us, "we're gonna kill this guy..." That connection had a big impact on Tor (my character), and from then on he called Dhorin (Gaius' character) "Vader," the dwarven word for "father".

I saw this as a great opportunity to shift where Morkeleb is going, at least slightly. :-)

Quote:
How about while Chris is afk we all have some conversation, characterization posts.

I hope so!!

Quote:
Grym can join in also, his soul observing our conversations. Bucho whining feeling his presence.

radical!!


Male Dwarf Fighter 7 Urban Ranger 2 AC=28; T=15; FF=25; HP 101/101; Init+4; Per +14; +13F+11R+6W
Dungeon Master S wrote:

Not sure how many of you use Chrome, but one of the people who posts a lot wrote a Chrome extension that does a couple of super convenient things to the PbP boards.

1. Reorganizes the view a bit. This is super helpful to me because I have 8 active games typically.

2. Highlights new posts, minor, but nice.

3. You can block certain posters. Convenient when there's someone annoying on the PFS boards, but we're all in the same party.

4. CHAT this is the big one really. I know we have a million chat programs at our disposal, but this one appears next to the campaign and helps keep quick chatter in place instead of tag in posts. It can definitely hasten delays when you have a quick question and I'm around:

Check it out.

I have installed this plugin.

1,951 to 1,996 of 1,996 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.