Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Seers of the Drowned City by Wicked

Game Master Something Wicked

Blow ye winds westerly, blow ye winds, blow, Jolly sou'wester, boys, steady she goes!

Roll20 Link
Loot
Hyrantam Map
Enclave detail map


301 to 331 of 331 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

The group merely browses the shelves, careful not to disturb the collection. Use of detect magic indicates the presence of more universal magical auras on all the books, as well as divination auras emanating from certain scrolls on the shelves. The titles themselves are also written in the Lirgeni dialect of Osiriani, but Shearwater is able to decipher various titles relating to arcane magic, especially divination.

Kwesi immediately notices one particularly ornate tome that dominates a nearby shelf. It is bound in supple, midnight blue leather and its height is nearly double that of its neighboring books. Whimsical silver etching along its spine displays its title, which Shearwater translates with little difficulty: Gozreh's Warnings: Interpreting Patterns in the Sky and Sea.

Walking near, and even touching, the clockwork constructs elicits no response.

Actions?


male half elf CG Invulnerable Rager Barbarian lvl 6 // HP 52/71 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-16 T-12 FF-14 | F+5 R+4 W+3 (+2 vs enc & continuous effects) |CMB+9 CMD21 | Init+2 | Perc +13/23 | Spd 40ft // Rage 17rnd |HP 91 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-14 T-12 FF-13 | F+8 R+4 W+5 | CMB+11 CMD23 | Spd 40ft, swim 40ft

Book, book, books. So many damn books and nothing to do with them. Glancing back up at the metal statue that never seems to move despite how creepy it is.

Walking back to the center of the room, "Can we please get going? We can always return and spend days looking though the libraries."


Male Aasimar (Agathion-Blooded) Cleric of Ylimancha 6 | AC 17 | HP 33/39 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12

Shearwater looks appraisingly at the book, running a talon across the silvery glyphs running down its spine.

"Okay, here's the deal," he says to the others. "Those 'statues' might or might not be enchanted, and they might or might not jump up and attack us if we take this here tome. It seems pretty important though, so it might be worth the risk. Or not. I can't rightly tell without taking a closer look, yea?"

The priest places a tentative hand on the book, glancing back to the group. "What I'm getting at is, get ready for a scuffle. Or not. We could just come back later, if you'd rather we do that—but we'll have to deal with this sooner or later. So, uh... speak now or forever hold your peace!"

Assuming there are no objections, Shearwater will pull the book from the shelf. He'll let the others get into positions first, though.


Human (Ulfen) Hunter 6th AC 22*/14/19* / HP 45/45 / F +7 R +7 W +4 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11 / Sense Motive +2

"Well now, a scuffle I can handle! Magne! Here boy!"

Dima follows up his orders with a series of gestures that maneuvers Magne into one of the book isles, with a brief pat on the head for reassurance. After a moment Dima prays to The Strong Man and gives Magne's snout a good tussle with a murmur of blessing, and then Dima himself takes a step back to square off against the statue ahead of him, his polished trident gripped in two hands at the ready.

"All right friend priest! Call it out and grab some stinky books to stir this nest!"

magic fang cast upon Magne


Female Seascarred skinwalker Hydrokineticist 6 | AC 23/14/19 | HP 50/62 (12 NL) | F: +8 R: +9 W: +3 (+5 v. charm/comp) | Init +4 | Per +15 | Burn 2/7 | Active: Waterdancer, Shroud of Water (+4 shield), Change Shape (amphibious)

Works for me. Kwesi positions herself near the spiral staircase, getting two of the automatons within her sight. The damp of the room coalesces around her, and subconsciously she starts to measure a path likely to hit as few books as possible. They'd survived decades just a pane of glass away from destruction; she wasn't going to ruin them now.


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

When Shearwater lays a taloned finger on the book, the automata whir to life and attack at once!

The clockworks have won initiative and are up first for round 1. Remember you are flat-footed until you act!

Effects: magic fang (Magne)

Conditions: natural darkness

Round 1
In the northeast corner, the clockwork near Dima stirs. A tiny trapdoor on its shoulder flies open and a folded net flies out, though it strikes the nearby bookshelf and falls to the floor (miss). In the southwest corner, another construct clatters and whirs as it coveres the distance between itself and Dima, attempt to club him with an outstretched arm. Dima manages to dodge out of the way just in time (miss). In the room’s center, the third clockwork drives forward and releases another net at Eryssala, who stands just beyond the stairs. The net quickly wraps around her body, its weighted ends flying around and entangling her in their grasp (hit! entangled!)

”Oh!” Eryssala cries out in surprise as her legs nearly give out. But she regains her balance and with an angry cry struggles to step close to the clockwork. She frees her arm from the net and slams her fist with surprising strength into the creature’s head. An audible crunch is heard as bits of metal fly off (hit, 5 damage to blue!)

PCs are up for Round 1.
___________________________

PC Status
Dima: 45/45
Eryssala: 76/76 (entangled)
Kwesi: 62/62
Magne: 45/45
Malorrem: 71/71
Schist: 44/44
Shearwater: 39/39

NPC Status:

Red: excellent health
Blue: small wounds and bruises
Green: excellent health

GM:

Dima Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Kwesi Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Malorrem Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Schist Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Shearwater Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Eryssala Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Avg=14.8

Red Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Blue Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Green Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Avg=17.0

Red ranged touch@Dima: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 miss
Blue ranged touch@Eryssala: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 hit
Green slalm@Mal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 miss
Eryssala slam@Blue, entangled: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 171d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 hit


male half elf CG Invulnerable Rager Barbarian lvl 6 // HP 52/71 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-16 T-12 FF-14 | F+5 R+4 W+3 (+2 vs enc & continuous effects) |CMB+9 CMD21 | Init+2 | Perc +13/23 | Spd 40ft // Rage 17rnd |HP 91 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-14 T-12 FF-13 | F+8 R+4 W+5 | CMB+11 CMD23 | Spd 40ft, swim 40ft

Sighing and returning to the statue in the corner, "I am not going to object to something more fun that staring at books in languages I do not know."

Easing into a stance with his ransur pointed at the statue and his bored expression erupts into a broad smile as the statue comes to life. Moving back to be able to swing at it.

With a five foot can I still take both swings?" I will put them both there but I am not sure.

+1 Ransur + power att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 If that works then the damage is x3
damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 = 18
+1 ransur + power attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (3, 4) + 11 = 18


Female Seascarred skinwalker Hydrokineticist 6 | AC 23/14/19 | HP 50/62 (12 NL) | F: +8 R: +9 W: +3 (+5 v. charm/comp) | Init +4 | Per +15 | Burn 2/7 | Active: Waterdancer, Shroud of Water (+4 shield), Change Shape (amphibious)

With the view of one of her potential targets now blocked by shelves, Kwesi turns her attention to the construct in the middle of the room blue, conjuring a burst of water from the humidity in the room and hurling it forward.

Water blast: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 213d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 3 = 10 Ugh, crap damage rolls are crap.


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

Malorrem's ranseur spears the clockwork before him cleanly through it's "head," causing bolts and wires to shower the books behind it. He jerks the weapon back toward himself, completely removing the construct's head and putting an end to its mechanical life. (Green is down. Failed to confirm crit, but both attacks do enough damage to put an end to it!)

Kwesi's water blast slams into the construct battling Eryssala, disrupting one of it's eye hoses and sending a burst of steam shooting out to the side. (Hit!)

NPC Status:

Red: excellent health
Blue: wincing in pain
Green: down

Btw, I'm using various terms to describe the apparent health of enemies:
100% - 75% small wounds and bruises
75% - 50% wincing in pain
50% - 25% quite a few wounds
0% - 25% big nasty wounds and scratches


I'll put this in my profile, too. Actions, everyone else?


Human (Ulfen) Hunter 6th AC 22*/14/19* / HP 45/45 / F +7 R +7 W +4 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11 / Sense Motive +2

Dima grunts in irritation at the clockwork statue trying to entrap him in a net, realizing it is not going to immediately take the bait. But he and Magne have worked in tandem for a couple of years now, and he instinctively sorts out his tactics.

"MAGNE!" shouts Dima, followed by a few clicks of his tongue and a curt thrusting motion with his finger. Magne comes quickly out of the aisle of books and squares up against the statue, hissing and twisting to clamp down on the animated construct's nearest leg, followed by an angry slap of his tail against another leg.

Magne bite attack (w/ PA, bull + fang): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12
Magne bite damage (w/ PA, bull + fang): 1d8 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 = 18

Magne tail slap (w/ PA, bull): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Magne tail damage (w/ PA, bull): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

It's clear though that Magne's assault is more appropriate versus foes of flesh and blood and bone, not metal and wire - his bite recoils from the metal leg and the tail slap doesn't have enough strength to it.

Yet Dima doesn't see the outcome of his companion's attack, already in motion with a sudden dart to his left down the aisle and around the corner to come right back in at the clockwork creature's side.

Dima trident attack (w/ PA, bull): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Dima trident dmg (w/ PA, bull): 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

He gives almost a feral bullish snort as he rears back and jams his polished trident with two mighty hands to pierce through its metal hide with as much brutish force as he can muster. "KURGESS!" he cries in a fervor.
__________________________________________
Dima Round 1, Parallax Library
hp 45/45; AC 22*/14T/19FF; CMD 23; +7F/+7R/+4W
Effects/Conditions: water breathing (? hours), barkskin (50 minutes), bull animal focus (10 rounds)
(Animal Focus 5/6; Spells 1st 3/5, 2nd 2/4)
(* +3 barkskin AC)

FA: speak (Magne to attack clockwork)
SwA: bull animal focus on self (Magne also has bull animal focus)
MA: move 30’ around to trap clockwork
SA: attack clockwork w/ trident

__________________________________________
Magne
hp 45/45; AC 23*/12T/18FF; CMD 23; +8F/+7R/+5W (+4 vs. enchantments)
Defensive Abilities: DR 5/evil, SR 12, acid/electricity/cold 10, evasion
Effects/Conditions: water breathing (10 hours), barkskin (50 minutes), bull animal focus (continuous), magic fang (6 minutes)
(Smite Evil 1/1)
(* +3 barkskin AC)

FA: 5’ step to attack clockwork
FRA: attack clockwork w/ bite, tail


Male Aasimar (Agathion-Blooded) Cleric of Ylimancha 6 | AC 17 | HP 33/39 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12

Round 1:

Shearwater tucks the voluminous tome under one arm, using the other hand to gesture in supplication. This time, the swirling air and light coalesce more violently, taking on a form of crackling golden energy...

Beginning to cast summon monster II to summon a small lightning elemental into flanking position with Eryssala. That's a thing I can summon, right?


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

Shear: Yep, lightning elemental is fine! Botting Schist...

Schist growls at the (red) construct threatening Magne and Dima, releasing another salvo of arcane charges that skirt by his allies and strike the machine.

magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 3 = 10

Schist has now used 2/7 1st level spells for the day. GM post coming in a while.


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

Effects: magic fang (Magne)

Conditions: natural darkness

Round 1
Dima, Magne, and Schist savagely assault the construct as Shear begins to summon a planar ally. Assorted mechanical components now lie strewn around the room.

Round 2
The constructs continue their assault with a mindless, industrial determination. The one near magne strikes out with its claw, tearing into the animal’s tail (hit, 8 damage) and eliciting a hiss of anger. The machine near Eryssala also attempts to cut her with its claw, but its appendage becomes entangled in the net wrapped about her. Siezing the opportunity, she grabs the arm with both hands and, with a cry, rips it off of the construct’s body! (construct misses, Eryssala hits for 6 damage).

Justa at that moment, a tiny burst of thunder echoes off of the old books as Shearwater’s lightning elemental comes into being directly across from Eryssala.

PCs are up for Round 2!
___________________________

PC Status
Dima: 45/45
Eryssala: 76/76 (entangled)
Kwesi: 62/62
Magne: 37/45
Malorrem: 71/71
Schist: 44/44
Shearwater: 39/39

NPC Status:

Red: big nasty wounds and scratches
Blue: quite a few wounds
Green: down

GM:

Red slam @Magne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 hit
Blue slam@Eryssala: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 miss
Eryssala slam@Blue, entangled: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 231d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 hit


male half elf CG Invulnerable Rager Barbarian lvl 6 // HP 52/71 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-16 T-12 FF-14 | F+5 R+4 W+3 (+2 vs enc & continuous effects) |CMB+9 CMD21 | Init+2 | Perc +13/23 | Spd 40ft // Rage 17rnd |HP 91 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-14 T-12 FF-13 | F+8 R+4 W+5 | CMB+11 CMD23 | Spd 40ft, swim 40ft

A small readjustment in where he is standing brings Mal close enough to lash out at the statue attacking Eryssala.

Five foot and two swings!

+1 Rasur + power attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 = 18
+1 Rasur + power attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 = 16


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

Malorrem cocks his ranseur and, with a great heave, strikes the machine alongside its head. It topples over off of its three legs, sending cogs and springs skittering across the floor.

Blue is down. Only red remains!


Human (Ulfen) Hunter 6th AC 22*/14/19* / HP 45/45 / F +7 R +7 W +4 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11 / Sense Motive +2

Enraged at the gouge along its tail, Magne surges forward and launches into another attack against his metal foe. Teeth and tail scrape and bang across the metal, but it is apparent that the hunter’s divine companion does not have an intuitive measure of a foe that is neither food nor alive in the first place.

Magne bite attack (w/ PA, bull + fang): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15
Magne bite damage (w/ PA, bull + fang): 1d8 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 = 15

Magne tail slap (w/ PA, bull): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Magne tail damage (w/ PA, bull): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Dima gives the clockwork construct a rough shove with his shoulder as he rears his trident back for another impaling jab, using the force of divinely-aided muscle and enchanted steel to run the thing through near the joint that connects head to body.

Dima trident attack (w/ PA, bull): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Dima trident dmg (w/ PA, bull): 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

__________________________________________
Dima Round 2, Parallax Library
hp 45/45; AC 22*/14T/19FF; CMD 23; +7F/+7R/+4W
Effects/Conditions: water breathing (? hours), barkskin (50 minutes), bull animal focus (9 rounds)
(Animal Focus 5/6; Spells 1st 3/5, 2nd 2/4)
(* +3 barkskin AC)

FRA: attack clockwork w/ trident

__________________________________________
Magne
hp 37/45; AC 23*/12T/18FF; CMD 23; +8F/+7R/+5W (+4 vs. enchantments)
Defensive Abilities: DR 5/evil, SR 12, acid/electricity/cold 10, evasion
Effects/Conditions: water breathing (10 hours), barkskin (50 minutes), bull animal focus (continuous), magic fang (6 minutes)
(Smite Evil 1/1)
(* +3 barkskin AC)

FRA: attack clockwork w/ bite, tail


Female Seascarred skinwalker Hydrokineticist 6 | AC 23/14/19 | HP 50/62 (12 NL) | F: +8 R: +9 W: +3 (+5 v. charm/comp) | Init +4 | Per +15 | Burn 2/7 | Active: Waterdancer, Shroud of Water (+4 shield), Change Shape (amphibious)

Uncertain whether the construct still lives - is that even the right word? - Kwesi takes the safe route, conjuring up another burst of water to send toward it. Well, I never expected to square off against giant toys...

Water blast: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 223d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) + 3 = 15


Male Aasimar (Agathion-Blooded) Cleric of Ylimancha 6 | AC 17 | HP 33/39 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12

Round 2:

Shearwater stays back, making sure that the book stays safe from harm. At the priest's behest, the storm spirit zaps past the shelves and throws itself against the enemy, as if drawn to its metal chassis and the delicate parts whirring within.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 3 = 27
Slam Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Electricity Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Commanding the lightning elemental to fly above the remaining construct and attack. The +3 bonus is from attacking an enemy that is made of metal.


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

Dima spears the remaining construct through the its metallic vertebrae, causing sparks to shoot out in odd directions. Still, its arms thrash wildly as it attempts to latch onto the weapon's shaft. A jet of water comes shooting from the south as Kwesi rounds a corner, knocking the machine back. Finally, Shearwater's conjured lightning cloud descends upon it sending threads of lightning to dance across its surface. The creature shivers, smokes, and rattles to rest.

Combat Over!

"Awful, bad, dry things! They carry the nets of the landwalkers!" Eryssala grumbles as she tears the nets from her body, stepping out and kicking the fabric over on top of the deconstructed construct near the center of the chamber. She stumbles as she does--it's clear she is not accustomed to feet. "But what has Shear Water found?"

Shearwater, meanwhile, takes a moment to examine the tome, Gozreh's Warnings: Interpreting Patterns in the Sky and Sea. As his fingers run across the cover's book, his eyelids flutter and his head absently cranes toward the roof and sky beyond, memories of star and cloud gazing swimming through his mind. The sky had been clearer then, before the Eye of Abendego formed off of the coast, and the whole universe seemed to present itself in the heavens above Hyrantam, waiting patiently for those who were only curious enough to look.

It takes only a few moments thought to translate the table of contents. In addition to chapters describing the prophetic value in weather patterns and oceanic currents, the book contains the following spells :

air geyser
clairaudience/clairvoyance
fog cloud
gust of wind
locate object
minor image
touch of the sea
true strike
unseen servant
wave shield

The spellbook would likely serve as a valuable article of tribute to appease the Stormreaders, if presented during the upcoming visit.

Actions? Ready to move downstairs? Remember to indicate where you move in your post.


Spells: 1/7,1/6,1/3 | AC 19*/12/18 | HP 44/44 | F +6* R +7* W +9* / Init. +7 | Perc. +1 | Active: Ice Armor

Being close by, Schist helps untangle the worst of the nets from Eryssala, and then casts them aside with a grunt. That done, he moves behind Shearwater and peers up at the book, curious.

"What is it? Will it suffice?"


male half elf CG Invulnerable Rager Barbarian lvl 6 // HP 52/71 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-16 T-12 FF-14 | F+5 R+4 W+3 (+2 vs enc & continuous effects) |CMB+9 CMD21 | Init+2 | Perc +13/23 | Spd 40ft // Rage 17rnd |HP 91 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-14 T-12 FF-13 | F+8 R+4 W+5 | CMB+11 CMD23 | Spd 40ft, swim 40ft

Grinning at the thrill of striking down a foe. Looking around, "Shall we continue down?"


Human (Ulfen) Hunter 6th AC 22*/14/19* / HP 45/45 / F +7 R +7 W +4 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11 / Sense Motive +2

Dima carefully inspects his trident for any damage from spearing the construct, then turns his attention to his friend's injured tail. "Alright there...all right I gots ya...let me see to that..."

cast cure light wounds of Magne
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Magne 43/45 hp

Magne has his jaws open and hisses slightly, but stays absolutely still as Dima puts a hand across the gator's rent scales and mostly seals the wound, with just a few areas of scarring and discoloration from bruising.


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

The group glances down the stairs into the lower chambers. Shearwater, remembering the mechanism of the pillars, places Gozreh's Warnings carefully on the large desk in the room's center before nearing the staircase.

Below, large stone doors stand to the northwest and southwest. A long desk stands beneath the northwestern windows, through which the darkness of the nighttime ocean waters can be seen. Surely, hidden within the murky water lie more flooded ruins. A small crest hangs above the desk in between the two windows, its coat of arms resembling a constellation. Dozens of books cover the main desk, left open as if the reader had abandoned them in a hurry.

"Thievesss!" A menacing, hissing threat floats through the room, quickly attributable to its source, as an enormous serpent, nearly ten feet long, materializes to the north. Slender spines and brightly colored frills stretch back from the human-like face of the massive water snake. Every motion of the serpent’s long form sets its brightly patterned scales and glistening fins to flashing like gems in the surf.

"Be gone at oncccce!" she hisses, eyes gleaming fiercely, "The booksss are mine!"

Knowledge (dungeoneering) will reveal some information about the critter. Roll 20 updated. Actions?


Male Aasimar (Agathion-Blooded) Cleric of Ylimancha 6 | AC 17 | HP 33/39 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +3 | Perception +12

Up in the Clockwork Chamber:

GM Wicked wrote:
"But what has Shear Water found?"
Schist Goldcoal wrote:
"What is it? Will it suffice?"

Snapping out of his reverie, Shearwater shakes his head and browses through the tome with more focus. "Hm. The book is about, uh... seeing portents in nature. There's also some spells here, mostly having to do with water. You know, more Gozran stuff. Doesn't say anything about hags, I don't think. Looks pretty pricey, though. Worst case scenario, we can use it to stave off the Storm Readers. This seems right up their alley..."

The priest pauses for a moment, mulling over what he had just said. "A bit too far up their alley, I think. Might be better to ply them with rusty daggers than knowledge they can actually use..."

Down in the Flooded Chamber:

GM Wicked wrote:
"Be gone at oncccce!" she hisses, eyes gleaming fiercely, "The booksss are mine!"

Shearwater rushes to the front of the group with his arms raised in a gesture of peace, clearly indicating that he has no weapons at the ready. The priest stays well out of lunging distance, however, knowing full well the uncanny agility of aquatic serpents—not to mention the likelihood of venomous fangs. He did no recall seeing many serpents with human faces, of course, but the thing seemed similar enough in its bodily proportions to a common sea snake, if a bit on the large side. Hopefully, its capacity for language would prove it to be more susceptible to reason than its less eloquent counterparts.

"Whoa there!" he calls out to the creature. "There's no need for violence. We're terribly sorry about the intrusion, friend. We didn't know anyone lived here. You're free to stay here if you want, we're not here to drive you off. Unfortunately, we really need these books of yours. Or at least a few, and some time to look through the rest. Maybe we can make some sort of a trade...?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Uh... does anyone feel like aiding?


Human (Ulfen) Hunter 6th AC 22*/14/19* / HP 45/45 / F +7 R +7 W +4 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11 / Sense Motive +2

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5 hehehehe

"Right, right...what our priest-man says that we want to be friends is all...you don't want to be rude and not friendly, right there snake-woman?"

Dima's smile is more like a sneer as he carefully walks forward along the right-hand edge of the room, his movements deliberate and very much like a predator stalking his prey. Magne quivers in excitement of the hunt and follows along close behind him, his tail twitching expectantly.


Female Seascarred skinwalker Hydrokineticist 6 | AC 23/14/19 | HP 50/62 (12 NL) | F: +8 R: +9 W: +3 (+5 v. charm/comp) | Init +4 | Per +15 | Burn 2/7 | Active: Waterdancer, Shroud of Water (+4 shield), Change Shape (amphibious)

Diplomacy aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 Yeah, I didn't expect to pull that off. XD

Yeah...just here to read...need to look through the books, bad... Faced with something she's never before seen (or even heard of), Kwesi finds herself tongue tied as she attempts to help Shearwater convince the...whatever to give them clemency. Somehow, though, she suspects her clumsy entreaties are unlikely to be enough to convince the...thing, and as she watches her muscles tense in readiness for an altercation.


male half elf CG Invulnerable Rager Barbarian lvl 6 // HP 52/71 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-16 T-12 FF-14 | F+5 R+4 W+3 (+2 vs enc & continuous effects) |CMB+9 CMD21 | Init+2 | Perc +13/23 | Spd 40ft // Rage 17rnd |HP 91 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-14 T-12 FF-13 | F+8 R+4 W+5 | CMB+11 CMD23 | Spd 40ft, swim 40ft

Diplomacy aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 I may be pretty bit I also love to fight :D

Rushing forward with Shearwater with his blade raised and then lowering it to stare at Shearwater with a look of confusion. Huffing and then looking at the strange snake person. Shrugging and sounding very put out, honestly he is pouting, "Ya, we are only her for the books."


Roll20 Gameplay | Loot | Hero Points

Haha well, so much for diplomacy!

”Ryssssssina knowsss no friendsss!” the naga snarls in fury. The static electricity in the room begins to build ominously. Eryssala’s long, stormy hair actually begins to rise up off of her shoulders!

Ryssina has won initiative and is up first for Round 1. Following that, PCs are up for full Round 1 actions. Remember, you’re flat-footed until you’ve acted.

Effects:

Conditions: natural darkness

Round 1

In what is surely a futile last stand, Ryssina strikes out with her jaws and a furious hiss, presenting a set of startlingly large fangs. Ripples of electricity race over her colorful scales, converging upon her brow and, after a terrible moment of silence, shoot out in a great arc of electricity that rockets through the room, striking Shearwater, Mal, and Kwesi in turn! A rumbling crack of thunder rumbles through the chamber and a burst of air sends pages and books flying off of shelves.

Shearwater, Malorrem, and Kwesi are struck by a lightning bolt (32 damage) but all make their reflex saves for half (16 damage).
Shearwater's racial electrical resistance reduces this further.

The naga recoils then, slithering back against the far wall with a defiant gleam in her serpentine eyes.

PCs are up for Round 1!
___________________________

PC Status
Dima: 45/45
Eryssala: 76/76
Kwesi: 46/62
Magne: 43/45
Malorrem: 55/71
Schist: 44/44
Shearwater: 33/39

NPC Status:

Ryssina: excellent health

GM:

Ryssina init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Dima Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kwesi Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Malorrem Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Schist Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Shearwater Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Eryssala init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Avg = 12.8
Shearwater Ref DC 18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 pass
Mal Ref DC 18: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 pass
Kwesi Ref DC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 pass
lightning bolt damage: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 4, 2, 2, 6, 6) = 32


male half elf CG Invulnerable Rager Barbarian lvl 6 // HP 52/71 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-16 T-12 FF-14 | F+5 R+4 W+3 (+2 vs enc & continuous effects) |CMB+9 CMD21 | Init+2 | Perc +13/23 | Spd 40ft // Rage 17rnd |HP 91 DR3/- fire res 1|AC-14 T-12 FF-13 | F+8 R+4 W+5 | CMB+11 CMD23 | Spd 40ft, swim 40ft

Grinning in the aftershock of the bolt of electricity that courses though the group. The familiar fury crawls out of his belly and sings in his veins. Moving forward with his ransur raised, "I was hoping you would say that."

+1 ransur + rage + power attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
damage: 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (1, 2) + 14 = 17


Human (Ulfen) Hunter 6th AC 22*/14/19* / HP 45/45 / F +7 R +7 W +4 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11 / Sense Motive +2

”YEESSS!” shouts Dima in exultation, eager for the fight now that it’s done and started. He has near boyish exuberance at the prospect, and shouts for Magne to attack the snake-woman even as he hefts his trident with two hands and steps in with practiced precison.

Dima trident attack (w/ PA, bull): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Dima trident dmg (w/ PA, bull): 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

”Glad to see that storm-jolt didn’t make you lose your nerve Mal!” Dima laughs even as he aims his trident high with a two-handed jab at her neck, testing her speed and scaly defenses.

Magne bite attack (w/ PA, bull + fang): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14
Magne bite damage (w/ PA, bull + fang): 1d8 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13

Magne quickly works his way around the shelves and over to a place near where Mal stands, the gator lashing out with his teeth at the scaly tail of Ryssina, the three of them now pressing their attack against the creature in her far corner of the library.
__________________________________________
Dima Round 1, Ryssina’s Folly
hp 45/45; AC 22*/14T/19FF; CMD 23; +7F/+7R/+4W
Effects/Conditions: water breathing (10 hours), barkskin (45 minutes), bull animal focus (10 rounds)
(Animal Focus 4/6; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 2/4)
(* +3 barkskin AC)

FA: speak (Magne to attack Ryssina)
SwA: bull animal focus on self (Magne also has bull animal focus)
FA: 5’ step to Ryssina
SA: attack Ryssina w/ trident

__________________________________________
Magne
hp 43/45; AC 23*/12T/18FF; CMD 23; +8F/+7R/+5W (+4 vs. enchantments)
Defensive Abilities: DR 5/evil, SR 12, acid/electricity/cold 10, evasion
Effects/Conditions: water breathing (10 hours), longstrider (6 hours), barkskin (45 minutes), bull animal focus (continuous), magic fang (1 minute)
(Smite Evil 1/1)
(* +3 barkskin AC)

MA: move 30’ around shelves to attack Ryssina
FRA: attack Ryssina w/ bite


Female Seascarred skinwalker Hydrokineticist 6 | AC 23/14/19 | HP 50/62 (12 NL) | F: +8 R: +9 W: +3 (+5 v. charm/comp) | Init +4 | Per +15 | Burn 2/7 | Active: Waterdancer, Shroud of Water (+4 shield), Change Shape (amphibious)

Kwesi ducks to the side and avoids the worst of the crackling fingers of electricity, but the bit she takes is enough to send stars dancing in her eyes. Gritting her teeth, she draws more moisture from the snapping air into a graceful stream floating through the air and hurls it at Ryssina. Gods, this is harder when the ocean's shut outside...

Move action to Gather Power, standard to use a water blast, empowered with Metakinesis for no burn because of Gather Power.

Water blast with Elemental Overflow: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 243d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2, 2) + 3 = 13 Empowered with Metakinesis for 19 damage.

301 to 331 of 331 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seers of the Drowned City by Wicked All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.