Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


201 to 250 of 7,620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

male Kalashtar Shaper 2

"Best we go together, eh? Splitting up was not so successful. Well, at least no one died." Forzakhad looks at the unconscious body of Ithaniar. "But it was close. Too close. Guard? Can you look after him and have an eye on the water for further visitors? Finn? Can you tie up, Vark? I'd like to have a word with him later. It? Whisper? Let's see what this ruckes was about."


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"On it. But there is not much I can do for him." Guard replies.


N Warforged Fighter

It climbs onto the ship and surveys the scene. "It cannot aid Ithaniar, but It can repair Guard." It withdraws a scroll from a case and chants, an odd sound from a warforged. But some of the worst dents on Guard straighten themselves.

Repair Light on Guard (1d8 1=4)

EDIT: Spell failure (1d100=61)


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn checks to see if Vark is still alive; if so, he does his best to tie him up (assuming someone gives him some rope).


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Thanks, It. That's convenient. What do I owe you for this?"


GM

As whisper and Forzakhad start below deck Finn moves to Vark who seems near death and unmoving while Guard stands watch over Ithaniar. Whisper and Forzakhad move below deck there hear a loud crash and a womans scream as it is cut short. The smell of smoke seems to drift into the galley.

You guys above deck may make a perception check to hear the scream. ya hear Forzakhad automatically


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

"S$%&! Hurry! We need a water bucket here. There's fire!" Forzakhad makes haste to move forward to view the damage.


GM

profession sailor check will allow someone to know where to best look for a bucket and the best way to fight a fire on board. Knowledge ship or sailing also works.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Perception (listen) (1d20=20)
Natural!

Hearing the loud crash and the scream of the woman, Guard rushes to aid Forzakhad and Whisper, telling Finn and It to stay on deck.
He won't forget his duty to guard others again, in such a short time.


N Warforged Fighter
Guard wrote:
"Thanks, It. That's convenient. What do I owe you for this?"

"The scroll is worth 25 gold coins," It responds. "But Guard does not owe It."

Perception (1d20 1=13) I don't think Keeper told us the DC, so don't know

It follows Guard's instructions and maintains watch on the deck.


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn hastily attempts to stop Vark's bleeding, much less interested in the survival of this brigand than he is in saving the ship.

Heal check: 1d20+2=13


GM

As Forzakhad burst into the hold whisper is close behind as Guard rushes toward the galley way. It stands over there fallen elf companion as Finn ties in vain to stop Varks bleeding.

As Forzakhad and Whisper round into the hold what they behold in the smoke filled room is pure carnage cages lay smashed and there cargo a bloody mess the remains of once liveing things cover the floor ina mess of limbs and guts. Before there stands a spider-like creature the size of a pony its body darkbrown with yellow strips its furred legs long and spiny.The front pair of its ten legs rear up flighty ,there tips flatting into terrible dices with dozens of hooked suckers.The monsters head is horribly oversized dominated by immense mandibles that chatter and clank with hunger as it faces Forzakhad and whisper.

Forzakhad and whisper are in the hold guard is on his way and finn and it are on deck


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn waits for any screams of fear and/or pain before continuing his first aid efforts...


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

"SPIDER!!! Big one. In the Hold."


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn leaves Vark's bleeding body behind and springs towards the cries of his associates, spear in hand!


GM

Whisper and Forzakhad you are in the old alone with the "spider" you both my go Before it does. Forzakhad the shout was a free action post up guys.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard rushes to aid Whisper and Forzakhad as fast as possible.


Male Valenar Cleric1

Coughs up some blood...


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

Frozakhad concentrates. His mind reaches out to the energies in the hold and focuses them into a force mindblasting the spider in front of him.

Mind Blast damage (1d10=8)


N Warforged Fighter

It reloads Its clip, maintaining watch over Ithaniar as Guard had ordered.


GM

As there companions race to there aid Frozakhad and Whisper face off the spider thing alone in the dark smoky hold. Frozakhad unleashes the power of his mind in a forceful thrust which seems to have no affect on the horrible spider Beast. Whisper moves toward the shadows trying to flank the beast as she sees her opening she rushes forward to deliver a blow to its weak spot as it advances on Frozakhad. Shes slides her dagger swiftly along its thorax as it lunges for Frozakhad -9 HP But the spider thing reacts its hooked pedipalp's swing out on toward Frozakhad and with the movements of an arachnid the other toward whisper both feel the suction cups and hooks of the beast dig into there skin then its powerful jaws descends on Frozakhad rending and tearing flesh -8 HP

As this round ends Guard makes it to the door 15 feet away whisper and Frozakhad are in the spider things grasp. Frozakhad is at 3 HP and finn is on his way. Onward to round 2 guys. oh and I used a per roll for whisper and rolled her damage.


GM

Ok folks one small change...... Frozakhad has -2 hp not 3.....I didnt catch it till after the time to edit had past so the captain is down


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard shortly stops, seeing the spidery monster in front of Forzakhad. With one hand he grabs a flask from his belt, putting it in his mouth, then biting it open, swallowing the substance that was within the glass.
Thereafter a shimmering, magic field surrounds the warforged, who starts to rally to the spider, to rescue Forzakhad.

Potion of Shield of Faith used, AC 19 + 2 deflection bonus = 21


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn elbows his way inside the hold, rushes forward and stabs at the huge spider with a wild, ululating battle cry!

Spoiler:
1d20+3=15 1d8+4=12 spear attack
1d6=2 adding an action point to attack roll

Use dodge feat, of course -- AC 19 (mage armor + dodge).


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

With a quiet surprised sound Whisper ducks out of the way and hunts around for a better weapon than her dagger.

If there's a sword amongst the person remains she'll make a tumble for that, if not she'll try to get to a spot ready to flank the thing.


GM

Whisper finds a rusted and pitted long sword on the bloody mangled body of a woman and draws it. As guard ready s himself Finn charges the beast plunging his pear deep into it . with a bellow of rage it throws Frozakhad's bleeding body into the wall of the hold -6HPAs Frozakhad crumbles into a bloody heap in the Corner it swings one of its pepiplaps at finn grabbing him up and biting into the monk with powerful jaws -14 hp

ok Frozakhad is now at -9 hp while finn is at -4.finn is still held by the beast on to round 3


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Charging Attack and Damage (1d20+6=21, 1d10+4=14)

Seeing Forzakhad falling to the ground, and Finn being grabed by the spider, Guard curses, finally charging the monster, rushing to at least help Whisper.


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

Spending an Action point to stabilize myself at -9.

The profuse bleeding slows down to a trickle as Forzakhad slides down to the ground.


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

<gurgle>


GM

With a mighty charge Guard smashes his fail into the beast,chunks of its manabils spin off into the darkness and it wobbles on its spider like legs for a moment before crashing forward to bury Guard with its dying bulk.Whisper hears little and is left in silence as two of her companions bleed in the dark smoky hold. soon she sees guard struggling for his freedom from under the dead thing. Up on deck It checks his bow and waits.

Ok spider thing is dead Forzakhad is stable, finn is still bleeding and Guard is under a 600 pound spider thing and the ship is now yours


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

There is a light, that shines upon a way above. But Forzakhad remembers his duties and life and turns back his thoughts to the world and his people. The light diminishes into a point and darkness engulfs his mind.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Both quiet and panicked Whisper moves over to Finn and attempts to stop the bleeding, ripping strips from her own clothing to use as makeshift bandages.

Heal (1d20=10)


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard tries to lift the monster off his chest but fails, but only barely.
Looking around, he sees Whisper helping Finn.
"Good. Help him. I can take the weight some time longer. Just help him survive."
He then raises his voice, hoping that It would hear him: "IT! Lend us a HAND! Please!"

STR 17 means he can lift 520lbs. off the ground. A little help and he is free again.


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

If Finn reaches -13, he'll use an action point to stabilize.

Is it O.K. if I upgrade my character from "Alpha" to "Beta" now (I'll swap Dodge for Combat Reflexes and Mobility for Heroic Spirit).


GM

SWapping is fine after this we'll just be changing with the beta if anyone wants to do any major changes this is the last chance. Also Guard 520 is enough for you to wiggle free on your on.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

K, Thanks. Will look into updating this weekend, if I have the time.

Trying again to get free from under the Spider-thing, Guard has success with slipping out.
Looking around he searches for the reason of the smoke and the condition of his comrades.


GM

the smoke was someones[most likey the mangled lady] try at burning the cages..it smolders but does not burn. finn uses an action point to become stable


GM

A few other things 3 party members are down and stable. Guard,whisper and It are still up. the night has fallen there are dead men on the ship whats the plan?. as for xp everyone add 445 each to there sheet.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper makes a soft sound as she looks between her only other standing companions. "Umm.. I'm going to go explore the ship, please keep an eye on them all to make sure they're safe and as comfortable as possible" SHe quietly tells the warforged before running off to explore.

Looking for what would be the captain's quarters first and searching it Search (1d20+4=23)


GM

whisper

Spoiler:

Whisper find the captain cabin easy enough inside with a little searching she in a large trunk among a few cloths of questionable cleanliness she finds a heavy sack full of platinum coins. Feeling along the headboard of the bunk you find a secret compartment inside you see the ring with a piacee of parchment rolled inside. when rolled out it reads

chimera looks to sunrise
cyclops looks to sunset
medusa looks to sunrise
umber hulk looks to sunset
basilisk looks to sunrise


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Will do that. I'm going to bring them up on deck, then put the smoking cages out. Maybe It can help them. Shout if you need help. Be careful." Guard answers to Whisper, before she sneaks off.

He then does as he had said, carrying the two fallen ones up on deck one after the other. He asks the other warforged to keep looking out for aproaching vessels or anything else that could mean trouble.
Taking a piece of cloth from one of the attackers, the warforged attempts to put out the smoldering cages to prevent them from catching fire, always listening if he hears Whisper's cry for help or It's warning.

After he is sure that no fire will endanger the ship Guard looks around for a sharp weapon, to cut down the spidery monster, bringing it down to handable pieces which he then throws overboard until nothing is left of it.


GM

whisper took the blade of the dead lady down here but the bodys on deck had swords at the lest


GM

It watches the people in its group run about the ship, he looks to the bleeding elf at his feet watches the blood flow and knows he has never experienced such ...feelings. It has much to think on.

We lost a player info in the other thread folks


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Carrying her discoveries with her Whisper makes her way out of the Captain's quarters and onto the deck, eager to help with looking over the bodies of the pirates, especially Vark's. She heads for the corpse of the man who had been in charge first to see what shiny things he may have.


GM

Whisper

Spoiler:

Vark seemed to have like nice things even if his hygiene was suspect.He had outfitted himself with studded leather and buckler of a well made and stylish sort and his rapier was well balanced with a keen edge done in a belish style. across his back he carrys a light repeating crossbow also of belish make and 10 bolts.A large gold hoop earing sets in his left ear and a silver ring on his right hand. A money pouch with 15 gold and 12 silver of different nationality hands from is belt.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Now what? Any Ideas?" asks Guard the girl as she comes up on deck.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

"Well.. we have Miss Vanderboren's ring and payment for the freedom of her ship.. So umm.. when they're all healed enough to get back to shore we can do that.." Whisper replies quietly efore taking Vark's sword and testing it for weight and balance with a small fond smile. [s,aller]"Do you think they'll let me keep this?"[/smaller] She questions.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"So you say we wait here on board until they are better? I don't think that is a good idea. If I remember right, one of those man escaped, and I don't think that one over there is the head of those who wanted to keep the ship or the ring from our Mrs. Vanderboren. So they probably come back with more forces to retake the ship. And I don't want to be here, with three man unconscious, when they get here.

I say we take what we need for the Misses, and go for a run. I will lower the bodies of our friends here down to the boat, then we go back on land while it is still night, so they don't find us that easily. We can bring them to my smithery for the night and tomorrow they hopefully can stand again. Good?

As for the rapier: I don't think anyone would mind that." Guard answers deliberately, looking around to find a rope which he can use to lower the unconscious to the rowing boat.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

"Or I could swim back.. I could try to get more help.." Whisper suggests meekly not used to being spoken to so much. A flush in her cheeks she looks more set to hide behind something than do something heroic. "But if you have somewhere to keep them then I can try to help move them to the boat"


GM

It looks over at the party shaken from his inner thoughts "Yes It thinks we should leave". In a short period of time the party is loaded into the rowboat as It and Guard row steadily toward the dock. The Blue Nixie slides from view leaving the ship and the carnage board in darkness as the party approaches the captions ship. Soon the group finds itself on the darkened dock dull night has fallen on the city and all that remains is just what to do next?

201 to 250 of 7,620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.