Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


801 to 850 of 7,620 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

GM

The fleeing zombie is still up


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

If Daurros can take a move action and get close enough for disrupt undead, that's what he'll do. Attack is +2 ranged touch and damage 1d6, if someone would care to roll. Not sure if firing into melee applies or not; the spell has zero effect on the living, so accidentally hitting someone else isn't a concern.


GM

I roll and that brings it down


Fighter Level 9

"Daurros I could kiss you, but I have already promised my self to our new priest friend."

Ardanto gives the corpse a kick, "How do you like those potatoes?" before he turns and returns to speak with the group.

Once back he gives the now dead undead priest a kick as well, "Not so tough and shouty now are you? Huh Huh?" He continues to kick him until someone pulls him off or his foot starts to hurt.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper checks to make sure that no damage has been caused to Ithaniar by moving him before smiling weakly up at the others, not sure what to say or do. Slowly her eyes travel to the new arrival and she bows her head a little in greeting, suddenly shy all over again at meeting a stranger.

Shyly she looks away and edges closer to Ardanto, grabbing his hand in her own. "I don't think he's getting back up.." She whispers pointedly but meekly.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"I told you yesterday, and I will tell you again: I don't like your behaviour around the dead. Yes, he hurt us with his evil magic, but we beat him. That has to be enough"


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros says to Ardanto, "Don't be getting all cozy with our new friend yet, Ardanto." He walks back a little ways to the remains of the priestly undead, and kicks its unholy symbol out of its hands. "We should destroy both the symbol and the remains before we do anything else; we don't want to take the chance it could come back. Does anyone have a torch? If not, I have a flask of Alchemist's Fire. Anyone want to search it before I light it up?"

Daurros will wait until the remains have been adequately searched, casting detect magic to assist. After that, unless someone has a torch, he will have everyone move back into the larger room and then light the thing on fire.

Eventually, he will take the time to introduce himself to Thoven, extending his hand and saying, "I am Daurros Erdai. It appears we owe you our thanks and gratitude. Not that you haven't already done enough, but could you perhaps revive our friend Ithaniar here? He was severely hurt by these things earlier, and I think we could all benefit from having him conscious."

EDIT: Daurros will also take Guard aside for a moment, making sure he is out of earshot of Ardanto and whisper "Guard my friend, go easy on Ardanto. When we are out of here, I will be happy to fill you in on some things which may help you ... understand him a bit better."


Fighter Level 9

"You are probably right hun," Ardanto nods in agreement with Whisper (Guard and Daurros) before giving the corpse one last kick to make sure.

He then kneels down and very roughly searches him, muttering under his breath the whole time, you catch the occasional phrase such as "showed you who was boss didn't we," and "fat head."


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

"So long as he's breathing, Ithaniar still has a chance of getting back up, Whisper. Does this cleric have anything, that might help us in escaping this hellhole."


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn claps the new arrival on the back. "I owe you my life, stranger, and for that I thank you. If I can ever repay what you have done this day, you need only ask. My name is Finn, and I am a student of the Delirious Tiger school of fighting."


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper uses the distraction of people either searching the body or introducing themselves to their newfound clerical companion to slip to the edge of the group and quietly watch rather than get in the way.


GM

While you saw nothing in the creatures hands, it was wearing rusted chain mail, tucked under its armor was a tarnished gold disk, with a a featureless face engraved upon it. Nothing else seems to be on the body


Fighter Level 9

"Holy Symbol?" Ardanto asks as he holds up the tarnished disk for the others to see.

"Nothing, that is the trouble with undead, no income equals no treasure, how is a man supposed to buy a boat on rusty chain mail and tarnished disk?" Ardanto thinks twice about giving the corpse another kick, but decides against it.

He obviously has no worries that he could be stuck down here for eternity.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Assuming nothing detects as magical, Daurros will try and Appraise the gold disk (and also the dagger that Ardanto tossed him earlier, the one from the bottom of the pool - was it a normal dagger, btw?).

Need you to roll, Seeker, if you don't mind. Appraise +8.

Daurros will say to the group, "Regardless of who carries what, I will keep a tally of what we find down here, so that everyone receives their fair share." He marks down so far: dagger, gold disk.

"Now, did anyone have a torch? Once we fire this maggot-food up, we can concentrate on getting out of here."


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn will do the honours of burning the corpse with flint + tinder + torch.


GM

Daurros

Spoiler:

The disk is gold maybe 30-60 gp in value
The dagger looks to be silver, non magical and of fine quality at lest worth 200 gp maybe more


Male Human Cleric 5th

Thoven Shakes everyone's hands and nod's respectfully to those around him. "I ask of you no repayment, as I owe my life to you all."

Thoven will then go on to recap why he's down here, then will turn his attention to the fallen cleric(the good one) and casts Cure Light Wounds on the fallen ally.1d8+1=9

He Looks at the unholy symbol over the shoulder of whomever is holding it.Knowledge Religion 1d20+4=14

He stands and looks at those around him."Hmm,So...What now?"


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper quietly sneaks off as Lord Thoven introduces herself, too shy to take part and wanting to make sure nothing is going to sneak up behind them. She quietly slips over to the door to the north-west of the large room they've just passed through and carefully looks through, making sure there's nothing there.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

If Ithaniar is now awake, perhaps he can help in healing up those who still have some significant wounds...

"I suggest we head back to the room with the large pool and try another of the doors. My suggestion is the one to the West, as it's closest the pool and may head towards an exit to the outside harbor..."


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

"Let's leave as soon as possible and get the villain who stranded us here in the first place! Do you know if there's an exit somewhere?"


GM

Thoven revises Ithaniar, who demands to know who he is, after being asked to he does heal the party's wounds, yet seems to be sullen and does not speak to anyone unless they talk to him first.

Thoven

Spoiler:
You think it is a symbol of the traveler, also you have a map of the place found here


Fighter Level 9

Seeker:
Can we assume we search the rooms systematically until we encounter a trap, undead or other point of interest?
If whisper agrees we can check all the doors for traps and take a 20 searching all the rooms.
I am happy to be door opener, trap setter off person and bait.

Daurros:
I am happy to go where you lead, but the adventurer in me wants to search every single room for loot, this is a pirate cave there has to be loot.


GM

We can do that if most would like to do it that way


Male Human Cleric 5th

I second Ardanto's approach.


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Yes, go ahead.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

OK, we can do that, then.


GM

So be it

you spend the next 2 or 3 hours searching from room to room. Time seems to stretch endlessly in the dark silence. You have found nothing but broken armor, rotten items and nothing of worth except 13 sp and 22 cp. Yet this last door is something more. Sloshing sounds come from this sea cave. Fueled by what must be powerful submerged current,the water laps and splashes against the walls of the twisting cave that leads to the west.A sandy slop descends from the door down to the edge of the subterranean tide. Dozens of purple and red sea urchins glisten in the shallow divots along the ground and lower walls here,there spines giltting with water

Marching order, feel free to change this
ardarnto/guard
Thoven
Finn/ Forzakhad
wHISPER
Duorros
Ithaniar

map


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard has no need to breath, can he walk further down into the water?


GM

The water seems about a foot deep, but the currents are strong. I need a strength or acrobatics check with moment, Also half speed while sloshing thought the water


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Anybody got a length of rope?" Guard asks, while trying to hold himself against the current of the water.

Rolled in the chat with Seeker: 1d20+3 = 16


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

I believe Ithaniar is the only one carrying rope so someone (less shy than Whisper) may need to borrow that from the quiet elf ;)


Fighter Level 9

"Sorry Daurros, this is the door you wanted to go through a few hours ago," Ardanto apologises and shrugs his shoulders while trying to look humble.

Sea Urchins?

"Be careful Master Guard, those things are sharp and mildly poisonous," Ardanto warns.

"Master Ithaniar, may we use your rope?" he inquires of the sullen Elf.

Assuming Ith allows us to take his rope, Ardanto ties it round his waist and throws the other end to Guard and then braces himself in the sand.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Ardanto Valanto wrote:
"Sorry Daurros, this is the door you wanted to go through a few hours ago," Ardanto apologises and shrugs his shoulders while trying to look humble.

"Don't worry, Ardanto. How often do you actually ever listen to me, anyway?" Daurros says with a smile.

Please make any Acrobatics (+2) checks for me (should be better than Strength checks for Daurros).


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Did we find an exit while looking around?

Finn looks at the spiky floor skeptically. "I don't like the looks of this place. Let's be as careful as possible."

He summons up another ball of light and sends it forward to illuminate the way ahead. In his hands he holds his longspear ready to strike against any more crabs or zombies.

Acrobatics: 1d20+6=22

Can we take 10 with our Acrobatics checks?


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto shrugs at the remaining people, "No point waiting here, there is no way out back there and they may run into more undead, or worse."

He ties the rope off, using the door if possible and heads into the water.

Assuming he slips!
Ardanto slips in the tide and lands heavily on his backside, "Owwwwwwww! he yells as several sharp urchin needles pierce his tender rump, "Bloody hell fire that hurts, quick some one suck the venom out," he cries while waving his bleeding butt in the direction of Whisper.


GM

Cut scene

The next 20 or 30 minutes is spent crawling slowing though the foot high water. It seems every 3 feet someone was falling, every one is wet, and if i wasn't for the healing magics of the two clerics the group would all be bleeding. Finally the group comes to a large chamber you can see what looks to be a corridor to the southeast, but as the group all files though into the chamber whisper moves a bit wide to get a better view and disappears beneath water deeper then the rest.

New map


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn scans the area with Detect Magic, looking for threats (or treasure!).


Fighter Level 9

"Whisper," Ardanto charges as fast as he can back through the water to check she is OK, not knowing she can swim like a fish.

Helping her out he asks "Are you all right hun?" before studying the deep water him self.

Seeker:
Does this tunnel look like it is effected by the tide? The sea urchins leads me to believe it must have a way out and tidal activity would also prove that. I will check the walls for high tide marks.


GM

finn

Spoiler:
you find nothing with your magic

Whisper

Spoiler:

As you plunge into the water which is at lest 10 feet deep you spy something that looks like it may be a tunnel


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper resurfaces with a bright grin and a tiny blush "More than alright" She confirms [s,aller]"Give me two minutes, I'm going to check into something"[/smaller] And without another word she takes a deep breath and dives under the water again.


GM

whisper

Spoiler:

It looks to go down a way, its dark and you cant see, a strong swimmer might be able to see how deep it goes


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper resurfaces again after a few moments "Does anyone have a magical lightsource I can borrow?" She requests quietly "I think there may be a passage otr something down there."


Fighter Level 9

"Daurros is your main man there, or you can borrow my hand-axe if you want, hun?" Ardanto suggests.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

"Your handaxe should work" Whisper decides aloud, not wanting to pester the cleric to cast another spell when she could be wrong about the presence of a tunnel. Shyly she sheds some of her gear and outer layers of clothing, handing them over to Ardanto with a blush before taking his hand axe and strapping it to her belt. "Can you please take care of these things for me..?" She requests before diving again.

Seeker:

Spoiler:
Swim (1d20+4=18) , let me know if you need more checks or anything, she has lightsource, less gear slowing her and I believe one of the best swimmers :)


Fighter Level 9

As Whisper slides into the water Ardanto Ponders, "well that is the first time an attractive woman has undressed in front of me held my weapon and then left," he shrugs, "I feel all used and rejected."

He then peers into the water waiting for any sign of her progress.

Looking over his shoulder he asks, "What is over their master Guard, did I see a door?"


GM

whisper

Spoiler:

Its a small 5 foot wide tunnel after about a 100 feet she emerges into open water, sunlight shines far above you another 20 feet finds you on the surface of the bay about 50 feet from the banks of the city


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Seeker:

Spoiler:
Whisper will swim back to shore and see if she can open the trapdoor on the island so the others won't need to swim back.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Yeah, there is a door up ahead out of the water. I will go over and open it up. Let us see what is behind it." Guard answers, going ahead, doing what he proclaimed.


GM

whisper

Spoiler:

That will take some time, as you are half the leangth away from where the group landed, maybe 30 mins or more you guess

Guard

Spoiler:

The door will not move, it feels as if it has been blocked


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Seeker:

Spoiler:
In that case she'll head back to fill the menfolk in at the very least. She doesn't want to worry them.

801 to 850 of 7,620 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.