Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


7,401 to 7,450 of 7,620 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>

Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Damn! I forgot to cut me a fin for a soup..." Guard mutters to himself while working the oars.


GM

You come to rest near the hull of the Sea Wyvern, seemingly whatever has attacked you has yet to return. The Hull is covered in barnicals, weeds and refuse from the sand and surf and looks to be firmly wedged onto the beach.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Well na time ta waste" Karkalla heads over and begins to prepare/fix up the ship


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

While Ardanto and the other nautical folks look over the ship, Finn turns back invisible and keeps watch for the magic flounder, or whatever the hell it was that attacked them.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard lends a hand wherever he can, if people tell him what to do. He doesn't really know much about ships, as long as he doesn't have a certain soulmeld shaped.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Since he didn't use his arcane bond previously, Daurros uses it this time to cast alarm near where most of the work is being done. He'll also help with whatever spells he can, but he doesn't have many of the most useful memorized right now.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

inquisitive bump


GM

sorry, I should push this along

Those with seamanship skills assess the ship as the others set up watch, scout the area. Nothing to deadly wonders close, some fast lizard things from the jungle wonder close to the ship, about the size of a small dog, but they scatter if anyone gets near them.

Deep in the hull, aft where most of the ship has settled to the bottom however you spot what may have been the layer of what ever attacked you. Something has moved in for sure. Something had piled its belongings in the chamber, in an orderly fashion at that. An arrangement of craved bone, coral, and drift wood that would pass as art most places seemed to dot the aft hold. As well as peals of fine size, small troves of finery and the like lay among the art as well.

A small stature of a many tentacled thing lay submerged upon a makeshift alter. Nawed bone,large peals and a small chest lay before it.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros scans the lair with detect magic.


GM

sorry missed that, my dot did not update

A few of the trinkets glow with magic. Two rings, and a necklace. Daurros does however know the detect will only work on items it can"see" not hidden items buried or say in chests.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla looks the chest over for traps and whether it is locked or not

Perception

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Disable device if locked

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Sorry for being gone for so long. I haven't had a dot in a while.

Toxim helps get the ship repaired and in order.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Wow, I totally missed this update as well.

Finn helps search the hold for traps, treasure and secret compartments as well. take 10 on Perception = 35


GM

Not anyone's fault but my own, I have so been unreliable of late

The chest opens with ease, the lock is no match for Karkalla's skills.The chest does not hold much, but a fine belt of gold and silvers over what seems to be a lions pelt, a set of rings and a Helm of odd make, most likely elvish with waves and fish motif.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

So Finn doesn't find anything of interest?


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Again with the detect magic on the chest contents.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard positions himself next to Daurros, doing pretty much the same, but with another intent: detect evil


GM

All the items within the chest are magical. As some of you scout the hoard of whatever lived here the rest get to work assessing the damage. The Sea wyvern is a mess but nothing a couple of weeks could not fix. The options you have is try and fix her here or patch her as best you can, rig tempray masts and sail/tow her back to Farshore for dry docking. While the colony has never dealt with a full sailing ship before, they could make repairs faster then you could here.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

I vote a quick patch to get her into dry dock. With her safely at Far Shore, we can continue to adventure and seek help for our upcoming battle.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Fixing it in the relative safety of Farshore makes much more sense.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Yeah better getting it into a drydock.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Agreed.

Daurros will get to work identifying everything that detected as magic.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim will Aid (+2) if he can wait for us to be underway.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard doesn't know ships from boats, so either way is fine to him. If people need someone to haul something heavy, he's eager to assist.


GM

The Vote seem to been getting the ship back afloat and toward the docks. The crew take most of the day clearing the ship and patching, it takes most of the second day and a few fights with small chicken sized lizards to get the hull sea ready and off the sand.. By the end of day two a cheer goes up as the ship slowly bobs in the waves off the shore. Not wanting to trust the freshly repaired hull just yet, most of the evening and night is spent patching leaks and getting her ready to sail. By the dawn of the third day she is ready to get under way.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Since Ardanto is the captain, perhaps he'll want to stay on board the Sea Wyvern while we tow it back.

Does Daurros need to make some identification rolls for the magic items we found?


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:

Since Ardanto is the captain, perhaps he'll want to stay on board the Sea Wyvern while we tow it back.

Does Daurros need to make some identification rolls for the magic items we found?

Daurros will take 10 on the spellcraft checks, giving him a 30.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

dotting again


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

redotting


GM

It only takes a few days to get back to farshore, but with a deadline before the Pirate fleet returns to attack Farshore it is a long few days. Still as you spot the Harbor around miday you can see the little town is active.

Ok whats the plan now you have made it back to farshore?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

I assume that since we've lost Ardanto's player, he'll oversee the repair of his ship.

Finn voices his opinion. "I say we find the secret weapons of the cat men next. If we can find better weapons, then that will make any other dangerous task easier. Who knows what monsters we might have to face on our way to the tar pits?"


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

When shall the pirates return to farshore? How many days?

Guard doesn't really have a preference, but Finn's suggestion sounds like a plan.


GM

I have Not heard from Andy in a while, he does have a new job and kid, but We'll leave him fixing the ship until I hear for him for now. You have maybe two or at most three weeks left before the fleet arrives, given that sailing ships are not always like clockwork. I will get a map up of the isle a bit later today...soon as i find where I placed it anyhow. The Cat weapon temple is deep in the jungle, but you can easily skirt the tar pits to strike for it.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros suggests going after the weapons next.


GM

Ok guys anything you would like to do before you leave back out? Leaving out the next day?


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

I believe that there was an establishment that serves some sort or alcoholic beverage. Toxim intends to spend some time there with Lirith. Other than that I'd need to speak to someone about the island. I'll need to know more about what to expect on the way to the weapons cache.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn will pay a night-time visit to Amella, and will also check to see how the local militia is doing with their spear training. But otherwise he wishes to waste no time.

Did we ever find out what those magic items from the Sea Wyvern were?


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

check the discussion thread


GM

Lilith is glade to have Toxim back, she has taken over an abandoned house near the place they plan to build a wall. Its not much more or less a one room cabin, but it is privet. She has been spending much of her days with the towns Milita. Which Finn checks in on as well.

The Milita is not all that grand, mostly simple hunter and the like, but it is shaping up. The town only had a few crossbows and a few bows so gear is mostly add hock with spears and recently made leather armor dominating.

Amella has claimed the cabin on the former pirate ship. She is mostly remasted and should be ready to sail in a day or so. She might work as a scout or Privateer, she'll most likely be held close to farshore to use in the upcoming battle.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard goes to help the local weapon- and armor-smiths as best he can.


GM

The Locals welcome Guards help. They are skilled, but not really weaponsmiths. They never made more then hunting spears and small daggers. Any help he could give them in crafting weapons or armor would be appreciated.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla does her best to help with the ranged weapon side of things.


GM

While training helps, the milita does not have uniformed weapons, at best she has seven crossbows, one an old battered reapeater. She can Give training to all the milita or just focuses on a few.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Would Karkalla a have any luck helping make/show how to make crossbows or bows or is that a bit to long term?


GM

Bowmaking would be to long term to teach right now. The blacksmith might be able to turn out some crossbows, but he also is not s weaponsmith. So do not expect much from there.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

When we leave for the weapons cache, I'll be borrowing my bracers to the local smiths. Might not have much of an effect, but it's something.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros only rests for a day before he tells the group, "Time is running short; I think we need to go after the weapons cache to properly equip these folks."


GM

Looking over a map of the Isle you see that the location of the "Cat men" ruins lays deep into the jungle,past the tar pit and almost to the dark mountain you passed under after the ship wreak. The trip will be some hundred miles across the jungle, and while time consuming it might just give Farshore weapons they need.

However, if you could fly it might be faster, but baring that you have another option. Sailing around the West side of the isle and anchoring where the Thangorth river empties into what is called the blackfern swap, you could then cut though the jungle, it looks like it might still be fifty miles, but that is shorter then a hundred mile track back though that jungle hell.

The Isle map


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

The shortcut by ship sounds good to Finn. We can take the slow way back via the tar pits.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Agreed. Daurros doesn't have overland flight yet (next on my list) and fly won't last long enough.

7,401 to 7,450 of 7,620 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.