Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


7,351 to 7,400 of 7,620 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

How far away is the unknown caster that surfaced? Can I see it or get a clear view?


GM

Sorry the last time it surfaced it was 80 feet from the boat and tried to disspell your flight, I was oh so very close on that one. Most folks have stopped rowing yes, so you are about where you where, maybe ten feet closer and the boat will drift.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla keeps an eye over the water (ready action)


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn turns invisible again. "Anyone have any ideas how to get close to that thing? Guard, didn't you once say you could walk on air or water or something?"


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Sorry the last time it surfaced it was 80 feet from the boat and tried to disspell your flight, I was oh so very close on that one. Most folks have stopped rowing yes, so you are about where you where, maybe ten feet closer and the boat will drift.

So did it seem like it could see me through my greater invisibility?

Daurros is going to move away from his present position, taking a full move to a different spot while still invisible, looking for signs of the caster as he moves.

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Not seeing a thing, he readies a standard action to cast telekinesis to grapple the thing the next time it surfaces.

grapple check with telekinesis 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Had I shaped my other sandals, I could walk on water. With these, I can sort of fly, but have to land on something solid every couple of seconds.
I thought that would be more useful, seems I was wrong."


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim will put away his bow, sit down and begin rowing to the ship.
"Just stay steady. He'll surface soon enough."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Bump


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

bump & re-dot


GM

Guard and Daurros readies for the thing to surface, and it time it does, near a hundred feet from the boat. The thing seems to struggle in Daurroes invisable grasp, but something seem to pull at Ardanto as well Give me a will save Ardanto

Round three
Guard = 6 (Readied action)

Round 4:
Daurros= 25(Readied action)
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17(Not sure)
Unknown=16 {went}
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Sharks = 8
Guard = 6


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karakalla opens up on whatever Daurros seems to have grabbed

Repeater attack 1 (+1 hit damagw within 30ft)

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Repeater attack 2

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Repeater attack 3

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Damage

Repeater damage 1

1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Repeater damage 2

1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Repeater damage 3

1d12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sneak attack 1
5d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 6, 1, 6) = 23

Sneak attack 2
5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 2, 1, 6) = 15

Sneak attack 3
5d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6, 2, 4) = 21


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Continue to row.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Invisible (hasted?) Finn jumps into the water and starts swimming towards the creature.

Swim check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


GM

Karkalla opens fire upon the thing, which looks to be some type of squid, she hits it three times as Finn dives into the water with a smooth splash and Toxim keeps rowing

The thing is more then 30' away, the Sneak attack will not work. Also rolling Ardantos saves

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Round 4
Guard = 6

Round 5
Daurros= 25
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Guard = 6


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros redoubles his efforts, using his telekinesis spell to attempt to put the creature into a pin. (+5 circmstance bonus since the creature is already grappled.) 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 5 = 38

Boo-ya!

Just a friendly reminder that any spells or spell-like abilities it casts require a concentration check; in this case DC 25 + spell level.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla takes the oppertunity to reload


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Haste is still in effect. There is 7 of 9 rounds left on it.


GM

The thing is not close enough for Guard to hit,but Daurros manages to pin it with his spell. The thing thrashing and tries to dive, but the spell holds firm and it bobs in the sea like a fish in a net. Ardanto shacks off what ever it tried to do and rows the boat closer to shore as Karkalla reloads.

Round 5
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17{holding..rowing?]
Unknown=16 {went]
Karkalla = 12[ reloading]
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Guard = 6


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Rowing


GM

New round then. It is bad I sing "row, row, row your boat " as I typed this.

With the thing seemingly pinned well off from the boat and Karkalla reloading as Finn invisibly swims closer to it. Guard and toxim row the boat ever so creepily closer to the shore.

Round 6
Daurros= 25
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Guard = 6


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

continue to pin 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

"You aren't going anywhere, whatever the hell you are."

Daurros will also spend a move action to fly invisibly closer, as well.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"So should ah finish it off?" Karkalla asks as she finishes reloading.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

"don't count your chickens, shifter! The way this thing is struggling, it's got a lot of fight left."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

How close is Finn now?


GM

In the water the thing thrashing and struggles, unable to break free, finn is closing on the thing as Karkalla reloads and Daurros holds it from escaping.

Finn, you are 40' from it or 8 squares, which ever ya like

Round 6
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17{rowing?}
Unknown=16{went}
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Guard = 6


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla holds untill the boat is closer or the creature is brought closer (within 30ft)


GM

Just a note, unless they change direction, the boat is not getting closer to the thing, but closer to the shore


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Just a note, unless they change direction, the boat is not getting closer to the thing, but closer to the shore

See Toxim's post above: "Toxim will put away his bow, sit down and begin rowing to the ship."

Finn keeps swimming towards the spellcasting creature.

Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Yes, I was trying to get closer to the ship itself. Isn't that why we're out here?


GM

Sorry missed change of direction. In that case that puts the boat roughly 60 feet from the pinned thing. Finn is swimming closer. If no one is doing anything else this round we can move on to the next one.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Could ya maybe pull the thing in with whatever ya using ta hold it?"


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Not sure, actually. There's no mention that I saw in the pfrd that says you can move a pinned creature, and moving something versus using a Combat Maneuver are separate actions in the spell description. So, I guess I'll leave that up to Seeker, but maintaining the pin is my primary goal.

pin 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

uh oh. Let's hope he rolls low too.


GM

Arrrr, th' dice gods not being a with ye today..natch 20.....

The thing seems to break free from the pinning imposed by the spell. Lighting once more slams into the boatI forgot for a few rounds...opps Karkalla 8 damage, unless you make a DC 16 Above the water a blade of pure flame appears and the thing vanishes below the waves.

Round 7
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17{rowing?}
Unknown=16{went}
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Guard = 6

Finn is closer now, the boat will be at round end, Perception check to spot the thing now well under the waves.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Perception to spot her

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Reflex save

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Dodging the lightning Karkalla prepares to open fire if she emerges again (Ready action)


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Still rowing towards the ship.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

bump


GM

Sorry, I am so unreliable of late...

Finn:

You see the thing, which does look like a large squid, it is roughly 40 feet below you and ten feet away from you. It also seems to be headed away from the boat

No sign of the attacker can be seen, although the dead sharks do bob in the water as the rowboat is brought ever so much closer to the ship.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn swims after it, trying to remain directly above the creature in case it surfaces again.

Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard puts away his warhammer and takes to the oares like Toxim does.


GM

The boat slowly closes on the boat, but Finn is able to stay a good spot ahead of the boat, below the surface the caster seems to be pulling away from Finn. Putting more room between itself and the party.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn yells back at the boat "It's swimming away -- maybe it's had enough for one day."

He hesitates before deciding to follow or return to the boat.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Still flying and invisible, Daurros says, "It will be back. Might be best to fish it now." He swoops down by Finn, and uses his arcane bond to cast touch of the sea on Finn. (gives swim speed of 30', plus a +8 bonus on swim checks ...)


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

And I think everyone's hasted from Toxim, so that actually gives him a swim speed of 40', right?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn is invisible, so it might be hard to find him.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Perception to notice the wake in the water from Finn swimming

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


GM

Daurros flies around , unseen trying vainly to find Finn, who is also unseen within the water. Meanwhile Finn starts to swim back to the boat and seemingly the shape of the spellcaster dives deeper into the oceans depths.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn shouts: "It's going deep, I don't think I can follow it. I'm coming back to the boat."

He swims towards the boat, cancelling his Invisibility.


GM

As Finn makes his way back to the boat, Daurros in the Air can see no signs of any attacker, however the floating and very bloody remains of the sharks might attract something soon. It might be for the best to move well away from those as soon as Finn is back in the boat.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla once she is sure it is safe Takes up rowing once more.

7,351 to 7,400 of 7,620 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.