Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


7,301 to 7,350 of 7,620 << first < prev | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | next > last >>

Ranger 2/ Magus 7

How close are we to the Sea Wyvern?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Look! Over by the shipwreck," invisible Finn picks up a mop from the deck and waves it towards the wreck of the Sea Wyvern, "I thought I saw something there, but perhaps it was just a piece of driftwood. Not to mention the two smaller fins next to their larger brother."


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"A mother and her offsprings perhaps? Anyone know if they are territorial?
Also, has anyone got a flying spell handy? I can't fly that far to look at it up close..."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

"Anyone? Who else would have one but me? Of course I do, but just the one. I can go take a look if you prefer. We need to take care of the megalodon anyway, so I might as well go fry it. It's acting odd, though. Wonder of there's any more to this ..."

Can Daurros try and see if the creature is under a spell effect? Maybe someone controlling it? Guessing that's Spellcraft or Knowledge (arcana), right?

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Spellcraft 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

I'm not prepared for this encounter.
Taking Daurros' cue, Toxim begins to pay more attention to the sharks' to see if they are behaving 'normally'
As I actually have the skills for this
K: nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
K: arcane 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Handle Animal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
and the dice gods still hate me


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Well, as far as I know magics, someone could have a scroll or wand or item to get airborne. Like I have those sandals. Too bad they only let me do 'fancy jumps', but they are pretty nifty at that."


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Could just shoot em if yer that worried about em?"


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Karkalla wrote:
"Could just shoot em if yer that worried about em?"

"Yes, that's the plan. I believe we will have to eliminate them. However, it would be helpful to make sure there's nothing else lurking around or that they're not more than they seem, don't you think?"


Fighter Level 9

We might want to get off the ship and get it clear before we anger a big shark, no need to have two ship wrecks.


GM

Ok, so far they are not making a move....You are a few rounds from the shore, But Daurros and Toxim can tell you that those sharks can be on you before you make it near shore if they so wish to do so. Also they can tell you they are not acting normal. Also both of them are pretty sure those last two sharks are not natural. May be conjured Daurros would say.

actions? Try to make it closer to shore, try to strike or what?


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"Let's not risk the Sprite Kiss and the repair materials any more than we need. We can have her back off to a safe distance and we go in and investigate using row boats."


GM

You are in a row boat, halfway to shore. The Sprite Kiss is a ways behind you


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim will row, row, row the boat toward the Sea Wyvern. I strongly urge the rest of you to be ready for the boat to break up.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Wait, we're in a boat? I totally missed that bit! Then he's probably not enlarged after all since that would probably be crowding everyone else.

Finn activates his Boots of Levitation, but doesn't move above the water's surface.


GM

Ok guys sorry for the lag...that is becoming a thing for me sadly it seems.

The three x's closest to the boat are the sharks, the one near the sea wyvern is the unknown Finn show. Also You guys get to ride in an awesome boat.Each square is 5'

Init
Daurros= 25
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Sharks = 8
Finn = 6
Guard = 6

The Map


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Ah, the sharks are between us and the Sea Wyvern, but not between us and the shore. Is there a way to board the ship from the beach?


GM

You can climb up the side.It should be noted, that with the rolls made, you guys understand those sharks can reach you in a single round.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Inviso-Finn will set his spear against a charge.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla gets ready to open fire


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard continues rowing, to get the ship to shore.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros casts extended fly and takes to the air.


GM

Daurros takes to the air and soon there after a storm cloud gather across the area and Lighting strikes down upon the wizard14 hp. Near the Sea wyvern the thing Finn spotted dives beneath the surface.

Init
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17{holding? or rowing)
Unknown=16 [went]
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Sharks = 8
Finn = 6
Guard = 6


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Ah feck it..." Karkalla opens fire at the nearest shark

Attack one (+1 to hit damage if within 30ft)
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Attack 2
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Attack 3
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Damage

1d12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Sneak5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 5, 4, 6) = 22

Damage 2
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

sneak
5d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 5, 6) = 15

Damage 3
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sneak
5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 1, 6) = 15


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros reels from the unexpected attack. "Spellcaster! Be on the lookout!" he yells, knowing that lightning wasn't natural.

Since I'm on my way back home tomorrow and will likely be offline, my next round actions will be cast greater invisibility and take a move action to position myself away from where I was.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Thar she...goes underwater," Finn finishes after exhausting his knowledge of nautical terms. "I mean, that thing I saw over by the ship went underwater."

He continues readying a deadly spear thrust in case the sharks come near.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim casts Detect Magic and scans for the location of the caster.


GM

The wind is picking up and the cloud still over head the ship lunges forward as Guard and Ardanto tries to reach shore. Karkalla fires off three shots, seeming to hit with only one as Toxim scans the water with Magic hoping to see the caster.The two smaller sharks swim at you, getting closer as the larger shark seems to circle around toward the back of the boat.

In the Air DAurros vanishes as another bolt of lighting slams toward Karkalla, but she is swift and gets out of the way.

Init 2
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17{holding? or rowing)
Unknown=16 [went]
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Sharks = 8
Finn = 6
Guard = 6


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Spoiler:
AC 25, T15, FF 21; HP 86/86
Arcane Pool 9/9
Haste 9/9 rd

Toxim ceases his scan and casts Haste for those inside the boat.


GM

Anyone else?


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla has already went this turn right?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn still has his spear set against any charge from the sharks.


GM

damn it...yeah I goofed up right there.

The Sharks close in on the boat, Finn ready for them thrusts his spear at the oncoming mass of flesh and teeth,Killing one of the sharks with a perfect thrust!

The second shark rams the boat, rocking it violently. everyone manages to hold on, but you hear the wood creak and strain with the impact.The Third shark lunches itself out of the water and at Ardanto, but catches nothing but armor and wood, taking a chunk of oar and boat with it back into the water.

Round 2
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17{holding? or rowing)
Unknown=16 [went]
Karkalla = 12{went}
Toxim = 9{went}
Sharks = 8[went]
Finn = 6
Guard = 6

Round 3:
Daurros= 25
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Sharks = 8
Finn = 6
Guard = 6


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Can I see the megalodon?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn's initiative should be set before the sharks since his readied action went off.


GM

You are correct, Just mentally adjust if for now. Finn goes before the sharks. And Yes Dsurros can see it as it is not trying to hide, it did try and take Ardanto arm off however


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Now that the sharks are up close Snem can reach them with his soul blast, and he does so, targeting the shark that attacked Ardanto:
soul blast 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

If he has a chance to attack with a melee weapon:
Guard let's go of the oar and grabs his incarnate weapon, swiftly adjusting his essentia before swinging it at a shark:
Essentia: 3 in in Mantle of Flames, 3 in Incarnate Weapon;
Full attack:
Good warhammer 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 damage1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
confirmation 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 damage2d8 + 16 ⇒ (8, 4) + 16 = 28
Good warhammer 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 damage1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn activates his wand of Mirror Image.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 images


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros tries to find the suspected spellcaster, and takes a move action to review the battlefield.

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

He'll then cast scorching ray, targeting the spellcaster if he sees him or the megalodon otherwise.

attack 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 4) = 18

attack 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
damage 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 4) = 15

if I'm targeting the spellcaster, I'll spend an action point on that second attack. Otherwise, I'm guessing I may actually have hit the shark since it's touch ...

1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 4


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Note: Finn commented that he saw the spellcaster go underwater, so I doubt your scorching ray would work even if you saw him/her/it.


GM

Fine becomes five Finn's as Guard and Snem hurts the Large Shark. Daurros hits it himself twice. The thing cooks close to the surface and dies, rolling belly up with the stink of cooked meat and blood coloring the water.

Round 3:
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Sharks = 8
Finn = 6
Guard = 6


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard comments: "So the saying is true: If there are sharks in the water, blood will come... "

In the meantime Snem looses another soulblast at the remaining (?) shark (if it's close by):
Soul blast 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


GM

Snem blasts at one the last shark, wounding the beast, somewhere out in the distance Something surfaces, And Duarros feels his spells flicker as he is targeted by a spell. He dips as if his flight would fail him, yet his magic proves to be the stronger and he does not fall.

Round 3:
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23{went]
Ardanto = 17{Held?]
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Sharks = 8
Guard = 6


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla opens fire on the closest shark

Attack (+1attack/damage if within 30ft)

1
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Hasted
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

3
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Damage
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

AC 25, T15, FF 21; HP 86/86
Arcane Pool 8/9
Haste

Toxim readies an action to fire at the spellcaster the next time he casts a spell or otherwise shows himself.

Composite Longbow, mw: enhanced (+1, shock), deadly aim, haste
to hit 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 23 damage 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + (6) + 4 = 13


GM

Karaklla fires twice, hitting the shark and pulls her trigger a third time, only to have an empty clip. Yet both Bolts dig deep into the shark. Toxim draws a bead waiting for the caster to resurface.

Round 3:
Daurros= 25[went]
Snem=23{went]
Ardanto = 17{Held?]
Unknown=16{went]
Karkalla = 12[went]
Toxim = 9[ready]
Finn = 8
Sharks = 8
Guard = 6

Round 4:
Daurros= 25
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Sharks = 8
Guard = 6


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn unleashes a flurry of blows on the shark, assuming it's in range.

with Haste, Power Attack, Reckless Offense

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 171d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 13 + (4) = 19

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 281d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (5) = 22

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 291d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 13 + (5) = 26

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 13 + (5) = 21


Female Shifter Rogue 9
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

Karaklla fires twice, hitting the shark and pulls her trigger a third time, only to have an empty clip.

Karkalla has that upgrade that gives her a 10 bolt clip not 5


GM

Ugh sorry about that. In that case ignore it.Still did not kill it however

Karaklla's shots and Finns attacks render the last shark so much floating meat. Yet somewhere under the sea lay the spellcaster. One that you can not help but feel is not done yet.

Round three
Guard = 6

Round 4:
Daurros= 25
Snem=23
Ardanto = 17
Unknown=16
Karkalla = 12
Toxim = 9
Finn = 8
Sharks = 8
Guard = 6


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard makes himself ready to throw his warhammer to wherever the water parts, which would indicate the spellcaster rising out of the ocean.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Are we getting closer to shore? I imagine not, since it seems that we've stopped rowing.

7,301 to 7,350 of 7,620 << first < prev | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.