Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


7,251 to 7,300 of 7,620 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>

Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Damn network... Third times the charm?

"I think getting the tar shipped is going to take longer than we have time to prepare our defense.
How about we claim that tarpit?
If we can't help with the repairs of the ships, we can at least try to supply the needed ressources."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn's eyes sparkle at the thought of testing his worth fighting mighty monsters.

"I know nothing about ship salvage, but isn't it a matter of sailing over there, patching the Sea Wyvern up with a few pieces of wood and then towing it back? Then the colonists can make real repairs while we do our explorations of the tar pit and the cat men."


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Ahm fine with that."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:

Finn's eyes sparkle at the thought of testing his worth fighting mighty monsters.

"I know nothing about ship salvage, but isn't it a matter of sailing over there, patching the Sea Wyvern up with a few pieces of wood and then towing it back? Then the colonists can make real repairs while we do our explorations of the tar pit and the cat men."

"I agree, the ship must come first. And it is what Captain Ardanto has decided."


GM

If you go with the ship retreavel, it would take roughly a week travel, maybe less depending upon the wind. If will need to take enough crew to bring both ships back


Fighter Level 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:

Finn's eyes sparkle at the thought of testing his worth fighting mighty monsters.

"I know nothing about ship salvage, but isn't it a matter of sailing over there, patching the Sea Wyvern up with a few pieces of wood and then towing it back? Then the colonists can make real repairs while we do our explorations of the tar pit and the cat men."

"In essence you are correct, we wait for low tide, patch the ship, bail her out and re-float her on high tide. In theory it is that simple, in practice there is a lot that can go wrong, including the ship rolling as she re-floats, shipping water as she sails back or a hundred other things. Also who has not heard of a ship wreck that has not become the lair of a sea hydra or other beasty?"

Ardanto sets about getting the ship ready to travel with gusto, eager to be seen as useful to Lady Vanderboren as he can be.

"So we have a list of tasks, get the Sea Wyvern, secure enough tar for the defense of Far Shore and recover the weapons cache. I suggest that order makes sense as well."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Toxim ir' Kinain wrote:
Toxim has had a turn as a captain. If someone else would like a turn at it, he won't begrudge them. Of course, I could use the opportunity to phase out Toxim and bring in a healer for the group. Thoughts?

I think that's entirely up to you (and Seeker, of course); play what you want to, not what the group is short on. Growing tired of ol' Toxim? :-)


GM

Unless you are just tired of Toxim, I say play what you like. A few of you can use wands and I shall soon place some healing for raise dead and such with-in reach. And even if it is not, Sassarinn isn't that far off by teleport.

"Yes, that sounds like a fine order. Will you need to recruit some of the colonist or do you plan to take the crews from the Nixie and Sea wyvern? Most here are not sailors, but may are fishermen.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Tired of Toxim? Hell no! He just got interesting. I'm a team player though, and I'm willing to switch to one of the healer-y concepts I have (like a war-forged druid) if the group feels we need some in-house healing.
"I'd think the sailors would be best. They're the ones most experienced with on-the-fly ship repair and then the actual sailing of the ship to port."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Well, let's get to it then. That ship isn't going to salvage itself."

Finn fiddles with his magic ring.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn votes for Toxim to captain the expedition.

Wakey wakey folks, let's get this show on the road!


Fighter Level 9

Poke


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros votes for Ardanto, but doesn't mind if Toxim captains.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Ardanto is the Captain of the Sea Wyvern, but we have a fine option for a captain of at least one of the new ships... Amella. We won't be able to find a more seasoned sea dog on the the seven seas.


GM

Sorry had to much going on lately, then heh the power went out last night as I tried to update....sigh

Amella can stay behind to head the repairs of the other ship if need be ore she can go along to oversee repairs on the sea wyvern. Toxim can spend a small will picking "his" crew , while the ship is loaded and enough sailors are gathered to get the Wyvern up to spec.

Ok sorry guys, everyone going? Amella staying or going?


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

If we're going by ship, we'd bring Amella with us. We have two more ships to man. One of them might as well be hers. That's the ship we'll take to fix the Sea Wyvern.


GM

All told you Have three sea going vessels in Farshore. The Blue Nixie, The now repaired and Spirit's kiss and the ill-repaired large merchantmen( Un-nammed) For crew, you have the Nixi's crew, whats left of the Sea wyverns crew, a few former pirates and about twenty or so locale fishermen. So what is the plan, what and who are you taking?


Fighter Level 9

I guess we only need to take one ship and one crew. So I suggest the former pirates and the Sea Wyvern Crew. Amelia can stay behind with the colony to see to the repair of the last ship and to the training of the fisher men to sail it. I would also suggest we take the Spirit's Kiss. We can then repair the sea Wyvern and sail them both back on a skeleton crew.

Ardanto looks over the assembled supplies and tools, trying to act knowledgeable on the amount required and the skills needed. He steals glances and fleeting smiles with the Lady Vanderboren when ever he can.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

The Spirit's Kiss should be Amella's ship. She earned it. So she should come with us. The crew can get on the job training as we sail."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Okay, we're agreed that Amella will take us along on board the Spirit's Kiss.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard doesn't have anything to add here.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Bump


GM

With Amella in charge of the sprite Kiss you make excellent headway, approaching the wreak of the Sea Wyvern in a little over four days.She lays where you last left her, mostly beached upon the shore and rock, sea, sand and debris pile around hear, the sea washes into her lower hull with the tide and her ripped sails flutter in the wind. Birds and other creatures of flight lazy around her broken masts as you set anchor off shore.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn makes sure he has Mage Armor going and his Ring of Invisibility activated before going ashore.

His disembodied voice says: "I suppose it's too much to ask for there to be no more giant lizards lurking around here. Let's head ashore and scout around a bit."


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"That's the picture of bittersweet. It's great to see that magnificent vessel, but to see it in such shape... We have work to do."


GM

Well...technically Dinosaurs are not lizards.....just saying


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Well...technically Dinosaurs are not lizards.....just saying

Finn has 8 Intelligence and he flunked Dinosaurs 101.


GM

I Was just saying..you would so not be attacked by lizards is all..well not know anyhow, maybe later


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

"I suggest we observe the wreck for a time. I have my doubts that no creature has taken up residence inside. And on this island, that could be anything."

Daurros will also ensure he has mage armor active (from his wand).


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"That is probably the single most reasonable suggestion made since we set foot on this island."


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Have we all became cowards then? I'm with Finn, even though I can't see him." Guard speaks.
His 'magic' running all day anyway, he only grabs his shield and scimitar for a backup weapon.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"Reasonable caution is not cowardly."


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Aye lets just have a look over the place before we all ga trundlin in." She turns to the others "Maybe one of us can creep up and have a looksie?"


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"I'd bet Finn's already on the way..."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn laughs. "No, I'm still here. I have no qualms with waiting a little. It's a little hard to see much from this distance, though."

Finn picks up a belaying pin and waves it around to indicate his presence.


GM

As you near the shoreline, you do notice something rather large swimming near the waterlogged bow of the sea wyvern. It seems to lay near the shoreline, mostly submerged.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

How large is it? Any chance of identifying it? Is it coming this way?


GM

The creature looks to be at lest as large or larger then the boat you are currently on and so far seems not to be getting near you.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

[b]"No, Finn. It's not to much to that there be no giant lizards lurking about. Of course you made no mention of giant fish or amphibians."[b]


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"I think we need a bigger boat."


Fighter Level 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:
"I think we need a bigger boat."

Classic.

"Is it true that most people get attacked by sharks in three feet of water about ten feet from the beach? Ardanto asks, shading his eyes with his hands as he peers at the creature in the water.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"That even a shark?"


GM

Now that Karkalla has mentioned it, it does seem very much shark-like. And it seems to be noticing you, not attacking, but clearly it knows you are there and seems to "drift" more inline with the boat as you near shore.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"I heard shark-fin-soup is delicious. Shall we try that?"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Invisible Finn is surprised. "Wait -- I assume you're joking, but do you even eat, Guard? I never really thought about it before now."


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Seems you never paid much attention to my habits as well. Though I don't need to eat, I picked that up and do it on occasion. Not that my body gets anything out of it, if not the sensory sensation.
So, no. I actually wasn't joking about trying out shark-fin-soup."
Guard replies to where the pin is hanging in the air.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Yah just want me ta shoot it?"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Invisible Finn will cast Enlarge Person on himself and get ready to do some spearfishing.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros observes and tries to identify the creature.

knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27


GM

Daurros would call it a rather "small" Megalodon. A Shark like beast that could grow larger in size then the Sea wyvern. He also would call its actions odd, It should not be this near shore and it should not be just waiting there seemly watching you get closer to the shore.

Finn:

You notice two other fines breaking the water near the shark, they are smaller and you did not notice them before. You also though you saw something, maybe driftwood or an eel or something near the water logged sea wyvern section.

You guys are currently roughly a 100 feet(30 meter0 from shore and about 80 feet (24 meters) from the "shark"

7,251 to 7,300 of 7,620 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.