Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


7,101 to 7,150 of 7,620 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

For Finn, duty comes before personal attachments. Once the pirates are safely under guard, he heads straight for Lady Vanderboren to give her a more detailed account of their time on the Isle of Dread.


Fighter Level 9

I had forgot how blood thirsty this group was.

Ardanto tries to clean him self up as best as possible before meeting Lavina with the others.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

I just trudged through all of khyber and back just to find that my destination, my new home, is being invaded. Bloodthirsty is a good start. Frankly, I'm concerned that you're not ready to bath in their blood. I mean, they were only trying to rape your woman and pillage her parents' legacy.


GM

Both Toxim and Durros find those they seek, both of whom seem to have come though the fighting just fine. Lavina asks you to come with her to the chapel. It seems there will be some kind of meeting , before you retire to her manor. There are already some people inside the chapel. You see Lord Meravanchi and are introduced to a few others.Professor Hevrik Aldwattle, whose life was saved by Ardanto's fast thinking. A tried and worried looking man, Vesserin Catherly. Teldrs Syren the towns herbalist, And a man named Ulvar Kabbanja.

The council gets to the topic at hand. It seems only ten colonist have died, leaving the town with 240 living souls. Upon hearing of the information Finn gathered, Lord Meravanchi calls for the hanging of all captured Pirates, he is scondaned by Ulvar Kabbanja and Lavina seems to think they should go to trail and be detained.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto asks to speak, taking the stage regardless of if it is offered to him.
"An eye for an eye is it Lord Meravanchi? Is this how this colony is to be run, is this how this colony dispenses justice? I put to you that some of these pirates are victims of circumstances, men plucked from their homes and villages and press ganged into service on the pirate ship." He points out several of the younger and fitter looking colonists, "You, or you, tell me, if you were taken miles from your home and forces to fight for the pirates or die, would you choose death, or would you do what ever it took to survive, to maybe one day get a chance to return to home?" He glares at the colonists daring any of them to argue that they would choose death. "I know I would do what it ever it required for me to live, does that make me an evil man to be hung by the neck?"
"Have any of you ever seen a man hang, seen the light go out of his eyes as his life flees him, that look of fear on his face as the world goes black?"He pauses, "I have had men hung, men hung on my orders, so I think I can talk from experience that not every one of these pirates deserves that fate." He waits for the obvious cries of anger or dissent to die down. "I ask that we try each pirate, give those who we prove to be victims of their situation a chance to redeem them selves, a second chance at life to pay back the colonist for your losses. Yes those that committed murder will be hung, those that are career pirates, whose souls are black will die, by my hand if it needs be. But any who can be saved, then let us do so, if you take the morale high ground then I will take full responsibility for them and their actions, they will join my crew and I will ensure they pay their debt to this colony in full. Think about it, you have been hurt and lost loved ones to these pirates, but pray to what ever god you follow and see if he does not teach the virtues or forgiveness and redemption."
Not like me to go all forgiving on the pirates, Ardanto must be having a crazy moment.
Diplomacy +13 (+1 Cha,+9 Rank, +3 Class Skill) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Adding an action point to underline my determination: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Fighter Level 9
Toxim ir' Kinain wrote:
I just trudged through all of khyber and back just to find that my destination, my new home, is being invaded. Bloodthirsty is a good start. Frankly, I'm concerned that you're not ready to bath in their blood. I mean, they were only trying to rape your woman and pillage her parents' legacy.

My home is sitting wrecked on some rocks back through all that Khyber, so far this place looks like a back water village with nothing to offer but yet another Meravanchi to contend with, so not much of a legacy. Dead pirates are not going to help me float my ship, and while there is no proof that living ones will be trustworthy, at least it is a chance.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Normally I would all be fer hanging em but if what one of em has said is true then were going ta need all the help we can get."

Karkalla attempts to back up Ardanto


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

And that is why he is the leader of the Millennium Falcons.[/ooc]
Ardanto's impassioned speech caused Toxim to think upon his past, particularly the part where he was a pirate, and he was moved. [b]"Ardanto has a very good point. We've all made mistakes, done things we wished we hadn't or at least could forget that we did. I'd wager even You, Lord Meravanchi, have made a mis-step or two along the way. Some of those people deserve a second chance."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

At least Ardanto made an exception for murderers, etc. For a second, I thought Ardanto believed that saying mean things should be punished by flogging (e.g. Avner), but rape and murder should be rewarded with a job offer. :-)

"I trust in the judgment of the tribunal, just make it swift. We have little time to waste, if we wish to put this colony on a defensive footing. Not to mention our promise to return the natives' ridiculous idol and the need to salvage what's left of the Sea Wyvern and her cargo. In particular, Master Urol the petrified gnome."

"How are Farshore's relations with the tribesmen on the mainland? Do you think they would be willing to come to your assistance, either for friendship or for personal gain? Are there any other possible allies or assets that we should be made aware of?"


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Urol died when he failed his system shock roll after being returned to flesh.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Really? The last post I can find referring to Urol is Daurros botching the reading of a scroll:

http://paizo.com/campaigns/SeekersPathfinderSavageTide/gameplay&page=11 9#5945


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

My mistake. Toxim is all about retrieving Urol.


Fighter Level 9

System Shock, that is so last edition... or the one before that.. or maybe even the one before that... either way it is a term I have not seen in ages. Made me go all nostalgic.


GM

It was not used after 2e. Yeah made me think back

Many of the council seemed moved by Ardanto's speech, Although he may not like it Lord Meravanchi can see which way the council is leaning "What would you have us do with them? We can not trust them alone, and how could you tell which ones are not vile blackguards?" He asks Ardanto.

It is Vesserin Catherly that responds to Finn "Oh, we have some understandings with them, some small trade but we have never needed them for defense or anything like this! I am not sure if we could get even some of them to come to our aid."


Fighter Level 9
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:


Many of the council seemed moved by Ardanto's speech, Although he may not like it Lord Meravanchi can see which way the council is leaning "What would you have us do with them? We can not trust them alone, and how could you tell which ones are not vile blackguards?" He asks Ardanto.

Ardanto attempts to keep the conversation pleasant as he replies to Lord Meravanchi, "a very good point Lord, one of our companions has the ability to see into a persons soul and tell if his heart is black, tainted by his deeds." he looks at Meravanchi senior as he speaks, wondering if the Lord should also be checked for a black heart. "Then we will have testimony of the good people of Farshore who can identify those that were enthusiastic in their attack or committed atrocities."

"Those that we deem can be redeemed will be stationed with my crew and if they step out of line they will join the others on the end of a rope. You put a group of men locked up in a small space for a prolonged time and you learn a lot about their character."
"And if his Lordship wishes to have an input into the whole trial process, I would be pleased for him to be part of it."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Darrow stands in the back, his cloak's hood pulled up over his head. Although he feels his friend is taking the wrong course of action, and actually agrees with Lord Meravanchi
(will wonders never cease?), he says nothing. Oddly, he finds himself overly anxious to get going on their quest to return the idol ...


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"One more thing, Lady Vanderboren. If the pirates have told us correctly, the Crimson Fleet are among those who are sailing to attack Farshore. If I remember correctly, that's the name of the group of pirates that Captain Javell belonged to -- the same Captain Javell who sent assassins to your manor, claiming that she was looking to kill your brother instead."

"Do you know why she would seek to destroy you again? If she is behind another attack, she must have lied to us the first time; perhaps she is in league with your brother after all, as I suspected at the time."


GM

Although he still does not look convinced, Ardanto's words leaves Lord Meravanchi with little other choice. "Very well..If Lady Vanderborn can attest to your Honesty, then I say you do it soon."

It comes as little surprise that she does, and she Turns to Finn. "I would not think so, neither of us knew of this colony. I only learned from the papers you helped me retrieve from my families vault."

Ulvar speaks up next "We need to make a solid plan to handle this...It really matters not why they are coming now."


GM

Gods I am such a broken record..sigh two updates a week.

Without much input from the group the council puts ` out a base strategy. and Throw around some Idea's

Improving and fortifying farshore,possibility include, the chapel, the harbor,the infermory, better militia training,improved palisades and watch towers might help as well.

Sending someone to try and get the native Olmens to help in the defense is another that is thrown around, Retrieving the supplies on the Sea wyvern and even the ship itself if possible as well as other resources that may lay on the island.

Anything to add before the meeting breaks up?


Fighter Level 9

I do like how the council is talking about our ship as if it is a resource for them to use. We saved them two perfectly viable pirate ships, they can use those.

Natives:
"Well we will be returning to the natives, so we can speak to them on your behalf once we have done their little quest. Assuming their angry god does not swallow us up in fire."

Militia training:
"I have trained the crew of the Sea Wyvern and most of them seem to know which end of the sword goes into the person you want to kill, so perhaps on my return I can be of help there as well."

The Sea Wyvern:
"I fully intend to re-float the Sea Wyvern, hopefully the supplies on her have survived the weather, the sea and the monsters."

Improving the palisades and watch towers:
"Manual labor is good for the soul, once we have identified the pirates who are not being hung, I suggest they are put to work building."

Harbor
How sea worthy were the two ships we rescued? If they are floating piles of rotten timber, then perhaps they could be sunk as a line of defense. You Americans would know all about that at the Battle of Baltimore.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"While the colony prepares, we can go to the natives. Once we return, we can take one of the ships with supplies to repair the Sea Wyvern."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4
Ardanto Valanto wrote:
I do like how the council is talking about our ship as if it is a resource for them to use.

Is Ardanto still employed by Lady Vanderboren? For that matter, has he ever paid his crew at all? :-)

"I agree that we can return the artifact and talk to the Olmans first; we gave our word, after all. After we return, we can assess what the next priority is; the Sea Wyvern."

"Daurros, I believe you mentioned that some day you would be capable of magically transporting yourself -- and possibly others. Is that true? Could you whisk us back to Sasserine, say, or to any of the places we visited on the Isle of Dread?"

After the council is over, Finn will try to tactfully raise the subject of salary with Lady Vanderboren.


Fighter Level 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:


Is Ardanto still employed by Lady Vanderboren? For that matter, has he ever paid his crew at all? :-)

Ardanto is not employed by Lady Vanderboren, he turned that down and instead bought a small share in the cargo. The crew were paid before the trip, I can't remember how much, or if it came from group gold or his own share. They will need paying by him again now they are at their destination.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:


"Daurros, I believe you mentioned that some day you would be capable of magically transporting yourself -- and possibly others. Is that true? Could you whisk us back to Sasserine, say, or to any of the places we visited on the Isle of Dread?"

Daurros lets out a laugh, possibly startling those who forgot he was there. "For once, I can answer a yes to your question, Finn. I can, in fact, teleport. Possibly even back to Sasserine, although it would require at least 2 castings of the spell. We should be able to use Renkru [??] as the waypoint. There was a reason I asked to stop there. Still, I must warn you - there is still the chance of a mishap, however slight. We could end up in the middle of the ocean, which would be unfortunate. It is not an exact spell."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Perhaps it's worth the risk going back to Sasserine, if it'll allow you to learn some of the magic tricks I asked about before," Finn adds drily. "You too, Toxim, I imagine."

I think I remember Ardanto's situation now. It'll be interesting seeing what he'll do next then!


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

"I agree it is worth the risk. I suggest, though, that we accumulate some additional funds first, as many of the spells that would be good to have are expensive, and my current accounts are low. Another factor - I can only take up to four, including myself. Soon, I should have the ability to bring a fifth, but four is now my limit."


GM

Lord Meravanchi speaks up. "If you are capable of such magic, then perhaps we should send you back to Sessirain first. To let My family and other backers of the goings on. I do not know if help could arrive in time but, it is better then not trying at all"

A few councils seem to agree. Lavina nods "It could be useful, but the plans brought up about the ships and retriving the sea wyvern and her cargo are firm ones. Making allies with the natives should be a prime goal, I say we give the Falcons a few days rest and Allow Master Daurros to try and get word out if he may. The days will not be wasted, Ardanto and his crew are fins seamen, I am sure they can aid with the repairs of the ship in the docks among other things while he is gone. Sound good?'


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Works fer me."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Didn't you say the isle of Renkru was noted for some enormous beast?" Finn asks with a twinkle in his eye. "Maybe we could do some big game hunting, while we're there..."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

"We did give our word to return the idol. I would like to make that our priority before considering a return trip to Sasserine."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"True..." Finn agrees reluctantly. "Although we also contracted to bring Urol to Farshore as well, when it comes to that."


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"We could do both at the same time. You'll only be gone overnight. While you're gone we could start out for the main village. You'd be back before we got there if I have the timing right. Besides, getting word back to Sassarine is reasonable cause for a delay. Doing so not only warns of the pirate fleets activities, but also gives Far Shore a greater chance of success.
That allows us the rest of today and tomorrow to aid with the wounded and help with repairs and construction. The next morning you go to Sassarine and the rest of us take one of the captured ships, loaded with supplies to repair the Kraken, to the mainland and start to the main village.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"An excellent point. We can rendezvous in the village where they gave us a boat ride, as repulsive as the thought of spending the night among corpses is."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

"You realize Sasserine is a two visit at least, yes? It will take at least two of my spells to reach [ooc](maybe three?)[/[ooc]. And my hope was that we would have greater funds, so that I could obtain some of the spells needed. As it is, even taking the magic from this past battle, I would be able to afford only a few minor spells with my share. But I will acquiesce to the group's wishes.

"As I mentioned before, some can come with me. Are there any others who should come? I can warn the Witchwardens, since I am a minor member. I am unsure that I can have much more influence in the city, though."


GM

The council seems happy enough to leave it to the Falcons, not wanting much part in the idea of arcane travel without a ship. Lavina invites you back to her manor, which is well made but not as grand as her other. Still there is plenty of room for you all and rooms in the outbuilding for the crew.

After you have washed and cleaned yourself up, you meet for dinner. The hall is not over large, but still well made with fine tiled floors and thick stained glass windows. The meal is some kind of roasted fowl, you are not sure of what and the wine of a fine vintage. "Surly, you can wait a few days to head out to the village?" Lavina says "I am sure Daurros would like to be well rested from his travels and the rest of you could do some good here and some planning do you not think?" She asks.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto is happy to stay for a few days before heading back into the jungle. "A few days would give us enough time to trial these pirates and assess just how big a hole the colony will be in when the real pirates attack." He looks at the others, "Shall we say 3 days from today we head back out to the village? That will give me enough time to start organizing a trip back to the Sea Wyvern, I can build a list of what we will require and they can start on assembling the supplies while we are gone."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"As you wish, milday." Finn bows. "Now I hate to be crude, but there's the matter of salary to discuss..."


GM

She Nods"It sounds good to me, we could use a hand around here as well and there is some tension if you have not noticed. Before I came Lord Meravanchi had complete control over the colony . He assumed it with my parents death, now loyalties have split if you have not noticed. And yes, a matter of Salary and payment for services, of corse you will receive payment for the trip and time spent since then and a bonus, if we are all alive in a few weeks. Will that suffice?"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Of course. So if the rest of the party are going to stay here for a few days, why don't Daurros and Toxim and I take an overnight trip to Sasserine? Daurros, Toxim -- if you need some money to purchase spell scrolls, I'll gladly lend you some."


GM

With that taken care of you settle into a night of stories and tales. Many of your explores are told and as the night grows long you make your way to your chambers, the morning slowly falls across the colony.

Ok plans?


Female Shifter Rogue 9

After she wakes up Karkalla goes about trying to find either a fletcher or at least someplace she can make ammo for her repeater crossbow.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn will examine the local militia, checking their training and seeing what kind of weapons they're armed with.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim will help with the prisoners until Daurros is ready to leave. That is if Daurros would like him to go along. He'll take the time to compile a list of items that could prove useful to the colony.


GM

Sorry guys, I will update a bit more sometime when I get home tomorrow evening. Anyone going with Daurros?

Karkalla is able to find a forge as well as a few flecthers in town. At lest one of those and the Blacksmith do have some familiarity with repeaters.While it will not be easy they can make her some in limited numbers, Now more them 3 or 4 per day unless they pull people off other projects.

Finn will find most of the training lacking, they are settlers, trackers and huntsmen with a few, very few veterans of the last war being some back bone. For the most part the weapons are not uniform, shot and long bows, had axes, some crossbows, two reapeaters and a few short and longswords most likely from the last war. Armor is cheap leather with a few of the vets having chain shirts or mail.

Toxim finds villagers already helping, or more likely beating and dragging the pirates into a warehouse, most are chained or tied and at lest six villagers stand guard with bows.


Fighter Level 9

Lavina might need to remind Ardanto again why we are not looting this place and sailing off into the sunset with the wealth the pirates are obviously after?

Ardanto sets about the task of sorting out the scum from the not so scummy pirates, getting reports off his crew and the locals over which pirates require hanging. He asks if Guard can run his detect evil over them and also goes to see the local priest if he can aid in identifying any that are liars (detect lie?).

Need any rolls?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn suggested that he, Daurros and Toxim try teleporting to Sasserine.

Finn asks Guard how difficult it would be to make longspears for the militia. If it's feasible, then he volunteers to help drill the militiamen in their use.


GM

Longspears would not be very hard. Some use them already to hunt boar and the natives often use such weapons. The blacksmith could turn them out in short order.

Guard does help Ardanto and a few locales to try and determine just who can be trusted or salvaged. Most are simply do not have a black enough soul for Guard to detect. A few do and are easy to place in the hanging group. But for the most part you have to use your own judgment.

Just give me some sense motive rolls and for those going back via the mage express just give me an idea or list of things you wish to do


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim will get a list of the items that any of the Millenium Falcons want. He'll also get a list of supplies that the colony could use and he can bring back. He has a Handy Haversack so, though the items need be small, they can be many. Finally, he'll ask Lavinia and the senior Merivanchi if they wanted Toxim to deliver any messages for them.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros will gather up all of the items we need to sell in order to split the proceeds. Does anyone have a list? Slipknot Pete had:
* +2 studded leather
* +1 keen rapier
* two potions CMW
* a masterwork punching dagger
* a crystal frog (350gp)
* gold deaths head amulet(150 gp)
* several gold bracelets (100 gp total)
* 35 gp

The pirates had another 60gp in coins

Daurros also has a psionic 'wand' (dorje) that he's had a while that he can sell. What else is there? Anything from the Sargasso or remainder of the island I'm missing that we want to sell? For the list above, unless somebody wants something, we should sell it all except for the potions (and who wants to carry them, by the way?)

Daurros will also check to see if anyone else from the crew would like to make the journey, as he can take three. (So there's one 'seat' left on the flight.)

His plans, once they arrive, are to first check-in with the Witchwardens. He will tell them of their entire journey since leaving Sasserine, especially the information on the demon-apes. Finally, he will tell them of the coming threat to Farshore posed by the Crimson Fleet. Daurros will leave informing the Dawn Council to Toxim, who would likely have more influence there.

Then he will research some the spells he'd like (not sure of the Witchwardens can help here). What I get depends on how much money he has; what I'd like are:

* Hold Portal (150gp)
* Rope trick (150gp)
* stoneskin (700 gp)
* wall of stone (1125gp)
* baleful polymorph (1125gp)

Any other suggestions on spells?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4
Daurros Erdai wrote:
Any other suggestions on spells?

The spell Sending was one that could have come in handy earlier. Likewise for Scrying (in fact, Scrying + Message can be used as a pseudo-Sending, in a pinch).

7,101 to 7,150 of 7,620 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.