Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


7,051 to 7,100 of 7,620 << first < prev | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros comes out of the sky and alights next to Ardanto and Finn. "Lady Vanderboren, it is good to see you again." He nods to the Ravens, "And all of you, as well. While I do not wish to interrupt the reunion, I must ask what happened here. Is there a risk of another attack? Are these two ships the only ones? And is this the first time the colony was attacked?"


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim stands around silently, feeling a bit awkward at the emotion filled reunion of Lavinia and Ardanto. He's thankful when Finn then Daurros comes upon the scene.


Female Shifter Rogue 9
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
The woman thanks karkalla, almost being a bawling mess of tears

"All In a days work maam." Karkalla replies "Well best get ya were it is safe" She escorts the woman to where Lavinia and the others currently are.


GM

Before Lavina has chance to say much another force comes from deeper in the Colony. They are lead by a tall hansom man with a well groomed beard, dressed in bloody and ash covered Chain of the finest make. He leads what looks to be a rag tag band of colonists and Guards. He seems to take the group in as well as raising and eyebrow to Lavina and Ardantos embrace at which point she does seem to pull away a bit.

The man seems to scan the area , seeing the fight seems well in hand he simply Nods to the group. "I am assuming you know the lady Vanderborn. I am also assuming those crewmen attacking the Pirate vessel are yours as well." At which point he turns to the people with him "Well do not stand there go help!" The turns back to you. "I am Lord Manthalay Meravanchi, leader, eh one of the leaders of this Colony" He says with a glance at Lavina.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto meets Lord Manthalay's look with a nod of acknowledgment "a relative of yours is around here some where m'lord, Avner Meravanchi," he gestures towards the beech. "The ape demons of the jungle extracted a terrible toll on his mind and you will find him perhaps more quite and withdrawn than the last time you may of met. Once the battle is truly won, I shall see to it he is escorted to be your ward."

He turns back to Lavina, "If you will excuse me, I have a boat to capture." Ardanto then takes off at break neck speed back to the docks to aid the crew.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"Good to meet you, Lord Manthalay. Lady Vanderboren, a pleasure as always." Toxim runs after Ardanto.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn bows quickly. "Lord Meravanchi -- Finn,at your service. Is the fighting over? If so, we should interrogate the survivors and someone can fill Lady Vanderboren in on our journey across the island."


GM

Lord Meravanchi seems surprised by Ardantos statement "Avner? Here and demon apes?" But as Ardano runs off he simply says "Yes clear the docks me and the boys can handle this. He also seems taken about by Finn "Uh yes, the fighting is mostly seems over, just a few to push into the sea"

Lavina Nods to Finn We will speak of events this evening at my manor, by all means if you can round up and question a few of the attacks do so.

By the time you arrive the fight for the ships is not going well for the pirates, The first ship seems to have fighting going on below and the second, with a tiny crew is desperately trying to set sail.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto rushes to where ever the fighting is the most fierce yelling a rallying cry as he goes "Yield to surrender you pirate scum and you may yet get to live, try and flee or fight and I'll put you all to the sword or rope!" He will take quarter of any that do surrender, figuring that he will need some new crew members when they retrieve the Sea Wyvern.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn rushes over to the first ship to help with the fighting.


GM

Between Finn rushing aboard and Ardantos threats, those few left have no heart in the fight and throw down their weapons. The second ship starts to drift into the bay, abandoning any Pirates left behind.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim will take shots at any pirate he can see on the fleeing ship. He'll be hasted and make full attacks. If they get too far for him to hit realiably, Toxim will cast True Strike one round then full attack the following round. He'll keep it up as long as he can.


Fighter Level 9

I am tempted to give chase in this newly captured ship. Is that outside the realms of this adventure?


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

My fly spell should still be active ... Daurros flies into the bay. Staying outside of the Pirates bows and crossbow range, but still close enough for a fireball, he yells to them, "Give up now, and you may yet live. Continue to try and escape, and I will burn your ship and flesh around you!"


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

If Guard wants to give chase, Toxim can cast Haste again or Expetious Retreat which lasts longer.


GM

The ships is only a Hundred feet or so from the docks, you can attack, also you could catch up in a boat before they hit open sea in all likely hood


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn guards the surrendered pirates as they file off the ship. He never intends to get on another ship for the rest of his life, if he can help it!


Fighter Level 9

While Daurros threatens to incinerate the retreating ship Ardanto starts yelling orders for his crew to set sail and give chase. Throwing himself fully into aiding the mean to prepare for a hasty departure in pursuit.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla begins to round up any pirates on the shore who feel like surrendering


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn intones some words of magical power and grows to twice his previous size.

He sprouts wicked-looking fangs and claws and turns to one of the pirates.

"All right -- Who is your leader? What are you looking for? How many more are there of you? Answer me, or I'll grind your bones to make my bread!!" he roars.

cast Enlarge Person then Intimidate (including +4 for larger size):
1d20 + 21 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 21 + 1 + 4 = 41


GM

Arando and the crew start to make way to chase the ship as it tries and flees, bow shots reach toward Daurros but do not hit him.

On the shore The enlarg3ed Finn has terrified the captives, most cower from him. One does speak "He, he...umm..he went shore to lead the attack. Pete were his name...."


Fighter Level 9
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
"....Pete were his name...."

Pirate Pete? You are having a laugh!


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

As the arrows come toward him, Daurros grimaces and shakes his head. "A pity," he yells. "I might have let you live." With that, he sends a fireball to detonate directly in the midst of the largest group he can see.

damage 9d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5) = 35

"If you do not surrender, I will send another!"


GM

The fireball sends some of the pirates screaming into the water, while around then the sails start to burn, a few more arrows make there way toward Duarros, as a few try to put out the fire, others seem to be heading toward the row boats.

Nope slipknot pete was not really mine.


GM

Anything else you wish to do? or ask the captives?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn drags the talkative pirate around Farshore and asks him to point out which of the unconscious and/or captured pirates is Pete.


GM

The man is not among the captured, he does spot his body. He points to the now dead man that Duarros killed with his spell, the one that was toying with the group of men. "That one is pete" he says with fear in his voice. "He was the one that done rounded us up for this."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Well, there's no way to talk to a dead man...or is there? I should ask Daurros if there's any magic that can make a dead man talk."

Speaking of which, any news on our search for a possible cleric?


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros sends another fireball at the wounded ship, using his bonded ring to cast the spell.

damage 9d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 1) = 26

After that, he leaves the remnants of the pirates to those giving chase, and flies back to land. He starts directing the colonists to begin gathering the dead pirates together into a single pile, and instructs them to strip the bodies. (At some point, he will of course check for magic.)

Coming upon Finn and speaking with him, Daurros answers his question, "Yes, there is, but it is divine in nature. Arcane spells cannot speak to the dead, unfortunately."


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim continues to fire at targets on the ship.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto looks at the burning ship, convinced now the sails are burning that he will catch it, but not convinced he will be able to save the ship when he gets there.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Ya have a Jail round here?"Karkalla asks


GM

While there is no why Finn knows to talk with the dead, the living captives are scared as they can be of him. A pitiful example called "Lefty ( he seems to be missing an ear) wet himself and spilled everything he knew. He tells Finn the pirates are from someplace called "Ratsend". A small island off the main shore of the Isle of Dread. "The captain were post to just be scouting, but he rounded everyone from ratsend up and made a full attack. Thought we could get it ourselves he did. Without thr fleet"

Duarros throws another firball at the ship, it is now burning and any fleeing pirates are easily rounded up.It might be possible to even save the ship, if actions are taken to put out the flames before they spread past the sails.

One of the Guards nods at Karkalla. "Not sure it'll hold em all, but we can find someplace to holds em before we hang them"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn continues grilling Lefty. "Why would you want to attack a small colony like Farshore? Are there some hidden riches here?"


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:
Finn continues grilling Lefty. "Why would you want to attack a small colony like Farshore? Are there some hidden riches here?"

Daurros adds in, "And who exactly is 'their fleet'? What fleet wants to attack this place?"


Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
It might be possible to even save the ship, if actions are taken to put out the flames before they spread past the sails.

Ardanto will attempt this. For some reason it will not let me post as any of my avatars.


GM

Ardanto leads his crew aboard the ship to try and save it Give me three Prof sailor checks

Back on shore.

Lefty still looks scared and unsure "I don kno! They be wanting to ransack it. Its village with no fleet, we shouldna come. The fleet will kills us!" He breaks down and tells you everything. A large group of pirates called the Crimson fleet promised the Rats in bunch a place within the fleet if they scouted farshore. Pete never told him how many ships were coming or just why. All he told lefty and the rest was they had two months to ransack the colony and leave before the fleet arrived.


Fighter Level 9
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Ardanto leads his crew aboard the ship to try and save it Give me three Prof sailor checks

Profession-Sailor +10 (+0wis +7 Rank, +3 Class Skill)

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Good to see the dice still hate me.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Two months of attacks? That doesn't sound good. That doesn't sound good at all." Finn scowls in displeasure.


GM

Heh, no. The guys at rats end had two months until the fleet showed up to loot and run. As they rats end pirates were double crossing the fleet buy ransacking Farshore

Ardanto and the crew manage to save the ship, but not without some damage. They lost most of the sails and the main mast will have to be replaced as well as some other work upon the hull and decks. A few weeks work at lest, but the ship is salvageable.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"How big is this fleet ya keep yammering about?"


Fighter Level 9

The name crimson fleet rang a bell, so doing a search for it on this thread turned up a few matches. Apparently the female pirate captain we fought very early on in the caves was a member of the Crimson Fleet. From a quick scan of the postsd, Finn did not like her very much at all as she had sent her now dead first mate to exact revenge against the Vanderboren household for Lavina's brothers crimes. I didn't see any more info than that.

Ardanto gets the second pirate ship towed back to port and secured, he plans to dry dock it and repair it at some point. But before that he needs to take a stock of the crew and round up the prisoners, he checks on each crew member individually and on the fate of any who have not survived the skirmish. Any unwounded survivors he instructs to search the two captured ships for pirate treasure, hidden crew members or anything of interest. He also casts an eye over the captured pirates, starting an assessment of those who are pirates by virtue of their circumstances and not due to blood thirst or inherent evil, [ooc]Lacking any real skills in sense motive, this is just a cursory examination of their general demur now they are prisoners.


GM

Yes the Crimson fleet is a well known "gang" of pirates. They tend to have their hands in anything underhanded and illegal. They are well known to be bloody and totally ruthless

Old lefty claims not to know how many, just that Pete wanted to loot and scoot. Of the crew you lost Deven and Velous Coust looks like he will lose a hand without magical healing. Of the pirates if asked a few (such as lefty) claimed they had little choice, taken by pirates they had the option to join or die.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto knows full well that the colonists and possibly several of his own party are going to want to hang the pirates, but he looks at his depleted crew, the two captured ships and how the colony almost failed against this rag tag bunch and wonders if the prisoners could be made to pay for their crimes in other ways. He tells the pirates as much, "well you sorry lot, you know full well that the crime for piracy in a civilized land is to be hung by the neck from the local gallows." He pauses to let that notion sink in before continuing "but we are far from civilized lands and I don't see any gallows yet, just plenty of trees that could make a nice big one," he gestures the surrounding jungle. "So while I am all for a good hanging party, I am going to put my neck on the line to try and save some of you. Now while there is no guarantee that some one as charming and devilishly good looking as me can pursued these colonists that you are worth more alive than dead, I am willing to give it a go.." he cuts off any murmurs by emphasizing the first word of the next line "BUT! if these noble people agree to allow you to live, then you are mine in body and soul, you will work your debt off and show total loyalty and respect to the words of me and of my officers. Earn my trust and I will set you free with a fat wage for your services, try to mutiny, disobey or piss any of us off and you will wish you had gone to the rope in the first place." He glares at all the assembled prisoners before finishing, "so think it over while I go an see if their thirst for justice can be swayed by my staggering charisma."

Diplomacy +13 (+1 Cha,+9 Rank, +3 Class Skill) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Ardanto will ask everyone he can to find magical healing for Velous, he knows at least one or two potions of curing were divided amongst the party (he gave his to Tavey to given to the unconscious man). He will buy the potion/curing if required, refusing to give up hope that he can save his gunners hand.

He also tries to organize a plot of land for Deven to be buried in holy soil, so at least one of the fallen crew will rest in peace. He wonders how many man he has to lead to their death before the blood staining his hands begins to show.

He finds Avner and escorts him to his relatives care as carefully as he can.

Finally meeting back up with Lavina he greets her warmly once more before trying to get her position on the prisoners and a general feel for the mood/blood lust of the colony.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Did we find anything of value among the pirates? Don't forget Daurros will check all of their gear for magic as well.

Daurros waits to speak privately with Finn and Ardanto. "I suspect we must prepare these people if an attack is expected in two months time. We should also get a full update from Lavinia as to the situation here. Let's get the prisoners secure, the town stabilized, get some rest, and then convene as to our plans. Don't forget, we also need to return this idol immediately. We gave our word. And it might bring us additional allies, as well."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"I agree, we must talk to the leaders of the colony and inform them of the situation. Ardanto, I suspect you were a little premature in promising those pirates leniency, but it's true that Lady Vanderboren does have a tender heart..."

Finn helps get the prisoners squared away in one of the undamaged buildings and makes sure they're kept under close guard, confiscating any weapons or treasures the reavers might have.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto nods his agreement with first Daurros and then Finn. In response to Finn he adds "If the colonists agree to allow the pirates to live, it will not be leniency they will be getting, but a chance to earn their redemption through hard word and pay back this colony for their losses. These burnt building will need rebuilding, coastal defenses constructed and men to man them. Unless we are going to recruit the local tribesmen and their undead relatives, I see every prisoner as an extra member of the milta. If the town decides to put them to death, then at least my conscience will be clear and the blood will be staining their memories. But let me worry about that, we need to see what else we can do to prepare them for the next wave of pirates. Shall we go an talk to Lavina?" Ardanto looks a little to eager to be reunited with lady Vanderboren after months of dreading their first meeting.


GM

The pirates seem to jump at the chance, even a slim one of avoiding a meeting with the keeper so soon. Still it is likely Ardanto will have to do some fast taking with the locales to stop a hanging.

Daurros takes and interest in the dead pirates. Most have little of real value. A total of maybe 60 GP in coins and trinkets. The ringleader however had some things of value. magical armor (+2 studded leather), his sword as well (+1 keen rapier), two potions (CMW) a masterwork punching dagger, a crystal frog (350gp) and gold deaths head amulet(150 gp) and several gold bracelets (100 gp total) and 35 gp

Lavina does ask you all to come to her manor for dinner and to freshen up.

I'll move to the manor Monday, RP if ya like


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros makes sure the loot is properly secured, especially from the captured pirates. He personally doesn't care what happens to them, although he does mention in passing to Ardanto, "You must watch them like hawks. I fear that when the Crimson Fleet arrives, they may be very willing to switch sides in the hopes of getting back in their good graces. This bunch was obviously quite poor; probably why they thought they would try to take on the colony on their own. In truth, you may not want to dissuade the colonists from their justice too vehemently. We might be better off."

At that point, something occurs to Daurros, and it surprises him a bit. Before heading to Lavinia's with the others, he finds himself using the remaining duration of his ability to fly to scour the colony until he finds Arainn, just to ensure she has come through the battle unscathed.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim is done with mercy at this point. He offers to personally slit the throat of each pirate.
After the chaos has subsided, Toxim seeks out Lirith before going to the manor.

7,051 to 7,100 of 7,620 << first < prev | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.