Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


7,001 to 7,050 of 7,620 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>

Female Shifter Rogue 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:
Finn mutters "If any of you think that the lifestyle -- or should I say deathstyle? -- of those...creatures...is so delightful, perhaps you can book passage back to Fort Greenrock and throw your lot in with the vampires," his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Beats being attacked by oversized apes at least."


GM

If I was not clear, and i wasn't :) You do not have to stay if you do not wish to. I say make a nice diplomacy roll to bow out and have them just take you to farshore. Or you could stay the night and get to know the villagers


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn turns to their interpreter. "Please tell them that if they deliver us to Farshore, Lady Vanderboren will be very grateful and she can be a loyal friend."

I'll let someone else try the Diplomacy.

aid another on Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Looks like you should have just rolled the diplomacy.
I don't understand what the rush is to get to Far Shore. We finally have some time to take it easy some. We can wait one more day can't we? In addition, we can make good use of this time by making nice with our new neighbors.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto is also in no rush to get to Farshore so he does nothing to convince the natives either.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Diplomacy aid another

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"No idea what the rush is? As far as everyone knows were all bloody dead and while there worrying ya want ta be lazing around here?"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"I don't know about you, Toxim, but I gave my word to Lady Vanderboren to assist her to the best of my ability. And on a personal note, I consider her a friend, and I wouldn't dream of prolonging the pain of not knowing whether we're dead or alive by one more day. If you wish to stop here, so be it, but I am going to move on as soon as possible."

And in a lower voice, Finn adds: "And can you be certain that these people we just met are truly our friends? Considering the number of times we've been attacked by shapeshifters and imposters, you'll pardon me if I'm a little bit wary."


GM

sorry busy weekend guys. So going or staying?

While some of you do not seem in much of a hurry, Finn does seem to want to get underway. Still you could stay for a meal while you decide. You do find out a few things, though out the meal. The "undead" may indeed be what Daurros calls "Undying" they are not however full blooded elves but seem to be Half breeds like all the natives you have sen so far. The village seems to be lead by some-kind of spellcaster, someone they call a "Death-Mistress", and all the leaders and warriors are indeed woman here. Arainn does tell you that they seem to be a "strange and unrefined..."copy" of her own peoples beliefs.

Finn does seem to convey the need to get going and they do offer to have some fishing boats ferry you to Farshore after the meal if you wish.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

During the meal, where the warforged tries some more of the unusual food of the region, speaks up: "I think Finn's right. We need to get back to Farshore as soon as possible, if just to ensure that our ship isn't completely lost to the ocean. Once we reported to Lady Vanderborn, we have to come back here anyway, having given our word to the elders to return that statue to it's place.
We can befriend the locals thereafter."


GM

The Villagers agree to take you to Farshore and soon you are loaded up on Five boats of very questionable seaworthiness. Ardanto and Amella are not impressed with the locale ship building skills for sure. Still they should be safe enough as long as you do not try the open sea in them..or a stiff wind Amella adds.

It takes a little more then two hours to reach the tiny island Farshore sits upon, but even a distance away you can tell something is wrong, even when the harbor is out of sight you see smoke, lots of smoke. And some of you know very well what makes that much smoke in such a spread out pattern. Farshore it seems is under attack, and your guides simple fishermen seem to want nothing to do with getting into what ever is going on.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Who's in which boat? How close will they let us off?


GM

I am assuming most of the pc's got in a single craft. As for how close, you will have to convince them. They have seen the smoke and do not really want to go into somewhere that is under attack


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla does her best to try and convince the fishermen to take them closer suggestin if not the actual town at least a beach close by

Diplomacy

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn also urges their translator to tell the oarsmen to let them off as close to the town as possible.

Aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Could we commandeer a boat and all use it to get there our selves. Assuming the party and crew can all fit on one boat. Also assuming we can crew it successfully to our destination?


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Aid Another Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


GM

You do manage to get the tribesmen to row you closer, they are timid, but with some encouragement they do get you near the docks as it seems they are deserted. The colony is built upon a hill so you do get a good view of what is going on.

Smoke-fills the air as cackling,howling men dressed in filthy armor and waving rusty,ragged weapons press the attack against Farshore's unorganized defense. Up the hill,several buildings have been set on fire and issuing from one nearby come frantic screams. Lying in the sand in front of another building is the body of a well -dressed man with a bloody wound to the chest nda savage gash across his face . His body is surrounded by fragile glassware spilled from a case he was carrying. His chest rises and falls feebly though for how much longer is uncertain.

Further south, a large band of filthy men are happily smashing the windows of what looks to be a chapel. More men are busy trying to bash in the door with a heavy wooden beam, Terrified screams come from within.Nearby, a hulking half-ore with blotchy yellow skin and a leering,toothy smile chases a red haired woman around a building shouting lurid propositions.

Deeper in the colony a group of young men armed with swords make a stand against another group lead by a tall human who seems to bat aside their untrained attacks with ease. as another group of colonists desperately try to put out the flames consuming the buildings.

More must be going on deeper in the colony but the bellowing smoke blocks anything else from sight.

Actions?

Map


Female Shifter Rogue 9

".....Ah fer feck sake." Is All Karkalla can think to give as she see's whats happening

How far away is the half orc chasing the woman?


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Do I have time to cast before we dock the boats?


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard doesn't await any order and takes off even before the boat is landed, trying out his new sandals in the process, pushing himself to his fastest (40ft. fly, x3 running if possible), charging towards the chapel and the group of savages smashing windows and bashing the door, his warhammer held high.

AC24 (-2 if charge), DR 2/-, hp 93;
Essentia: 3 in Airstep Sandals, 3 in Incarnate Weapon


Fighter Level 9

Wrong avatar earlier.

"Do we know who these ragged savages are?" he asks trying to get a better view of the carnage, straining to see a friendly face amongst the defenders, maybe some one from the Blue Nixie or perhaps the Blue Nixie herself?

Perception +1 (+1 Rank) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

He grasps Finn's shoulder "Remind me to thank you later for pushing us to leave the native village when you did. He gives his companion a grin before turning to the crew.

Ardanto uses the time that the boats take to close the distance to issue orders to the crew, trying to inspire them to join in the defense of Farshore.

Diplomacy +13 (+1 Cha,+9 Rank, +3 Class Skill) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

"Men! If these savages win, then we are stranded on this accursed island, with no way of getting back to the Sea Wyvern and sailing to your homes and families. But if you need more of an incentive, I'll personally give you 100 gold to split between you for each of those murderous dogs you bring down."

"Tavey, you have a special job, take this flask and make the dying man over there drink it! Be a hero and save his life, then get him back to the safety of the docks. He indicates the fallen man surrounded by glasswear to his cabin boy. Hand Tavey the potion of cure serious wounds.

"You, you and you!" he points at three of the crew, the ones he trusts least to face a man in combat "See if you can rescue whoever is trapped in those burning buildings."

He grins at the rest of the crew, "Who wants to live forever? Come on you dogs there are vermin to put down!
The moment the bow of the boat hits the beach/touches the docks he is off and running.

Which is closer the Chapel or the group led by the tall human? I will head towards which ever is closer.

I forget how many crew we have left.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Blood of Khyber! We have to rescue the colonists! I just thank the Flame that we got here before it was too late."

Finn leaps out of the boat and rushes towards the nearest group of invaders (presumably the ones by the chapel).

pre-casting Mage Armor, Shield and See Invisibility


GM

If you look at the map. 1 is the near by burning building with the screams. 2 is the man bleeding out. 3 is the church. 4 is the woman being chased 5 is the group of defenders being toyed with and 6 is the building with townfolk trying to put out the flames. And yes You would have had time to cast any spells.

Ardanto can make out a pair of ships near the docks, mostly empty some are crewed by men looking like they fit with the invaders. He would guess pirates.

Guard takes off charging toward the Chapel its rough 240' away so this will take more then 1 round, Finn close behind him.

Ardanto inspires the crew and they give a roaring "Ay!" Amella draws her sword yelling 'Ye heard the cap'n ye dogs! Sen' em to th' keeper!" she says leading the crew behind Ardanto, Finn and Guard. as Vash,Morpere and Ben head toward the flaming building. Tavery, looks proud to be given an order and runs toward the downed man.

anything else?


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla begins to make her way towards the Thug chasing the woman (moving at maximum speed)


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

AC 20, T15, FF 16; HP 86/86
Arcane Pool 9/9
Assuming there's time:
Gravity Bow
Cat's Grace
Expeditious Retreat (scroll)
Haste (round we make land) 9/9 rd

Toxim finishes casting just as the boat beaches. He uses the momentum to launch himself into the fray. Mv 60' to area 1.


Fighter Level 9
Toxim ir' Kinain wrote:
Haste (round we make land) 9/9 rd

With Guard already off before we land, who are you including as you other haste targets?

Aranto trusts his companions can deal with the church and leads his men towards the outclassed group of defenders Number 5, is that a well they are standing next to?.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Since the chapel is only 240' away, Finn uses a ki point to raise his speed to 70' and sprints there (4x move) in one round. He stops 15' away from the marauders with his longspear at the ready.

As he passes the warforged, he says "Guard, Ardanto -- I'll try to save some of the enemy for you."


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Ideally that would be Myself, Finn, though he may already be off and running before I get to act, Ardanto, Karkalla, Daurros, Tavey, Lirith, and Amella.

BTW there's a list of cast and crew in Toxim's profile.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros is going to precast fly and greater invisibility. As soon as everyone is ready to charge on up, he'll also cast haste on everyone.

Daurros yells to Guard, "I'll handle the chapel; I can get there quicker! He takes to the air invisibly, and as soon as he's in range of the group of pirates (about 190') trying to bust in the chapel, he casts stinking cloud on them.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Hearing Daurros yell at him, Guard changes direction to someplace he can reach faster.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

If Daurros is casting Haste, Toxim will hold off casting it until later.


GM

sorry for the delay guys.

As the party scatters, Duarros flies ahead, casting Stinking cloud upon those five attacking the chapel. The cloud engulfs them, you can hear retching and coughing coming from inside. It is not long before some stumble out throwing up as they crawl upon the ground.

Ardanto is going for number 5, Karkalla toward number 4, Npc's are handling 1 and 2. That leaves 6, 5 or finishing off the chapel attackers while they are down for Guard, Finn and Toxim. Did I miss anything?


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim will finish off the chapel attackers as they stumble out of the cloud. He'll then move on to help at 5.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn flurries with his spear, trying to knock some of the sickened attackers unconscious. Does he get an AoO on any of the guys stumbling out of the fog?

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 331d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 13 + (5) = 25

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 13 + (3) = 23

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 13 + (5) = 19


Female Shifter Rogue 9

How close Is Karkalla to the Thug?


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros yells to Toxim and Finn (not knowing if Finn has his spear "on" or "off"), "May be a good idea to leave one alive, but that's up to you. Your spear should do a good job of that, Finn."

With that, Daurros will do the following: he first targets the man toying with the group of colonists with phantasmal killer (DC 20). Range is 190', so looks like I can do it (I measured about 150'). He'll then fly closer to the half-ogre chasing the woman (can fly 60' as a move action). He'll target the thug with his quickened ray of enfeeblement if he can get within range (45'); otherwise he'll take a double move to get over the thug for next round.

ray of enfeeblement 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
strength penalty 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

action point on the attack roll (again, if I'm close enough)
1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 6


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Guess I should take some shots.
Rd 1- move up to 90' closer to the chapel. I want to leave some distance to make good use of range.
Composite Longbow, mw: enhanced (+1, shock), deadly aim, haste
to hit 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 13 damage 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + (5) + 4 = 17

Rd 2- Fire at targets until they fall or surrender
Composite Longbow, mw: enhanced (+1, shock), deadly aim, haste
to hit 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 24 damage 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + (1) + 4 = 13

Composite Longbow, mw: enhanced (+1, shock), deadly aim, haste
to hit 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 17 damage 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + (6) + 4 = 20

Composite Longbow, mw: enhanced (+1, shock), deadly aim, haste
to hit 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 22 damage 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + (2) + 4 = 13


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto can move 120 foot per round, and as I have to turn a corner, it looks about 300 feet to the men by the well. So I get there after two full rounds and a charge.

Ardanto surges forward enjoying the feeling of wind rushing through his hair, a faint part of him is aware, that he is leaving the crew trailing in his wake, but the frill of battle fills his veins and the nagging voice is silenced by a louder voice screaming "Kill them all and let the gods sort them out!"

He rounds the last building, smoke stinging his eyes and smoke causing him to cough slightly. The dirt street stretches before him, leading onwards to the hard pressed defenders and the pirate attackers. An elated feeling washes over him and he suppresses the urge to yell in triumph as he pumps his arms and sprints the remain yards to the pirate. Grinning, he is aware that the pirate hardly has time to realize he is there before he is upon him. With a final triumphant bellow he crashes into the midst of the melee smashing the first attacker with a furious swing of his sword.

Longsword +18 (1d8+15 17-20) 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 271d8 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Includes haste, charge and power attack.

*Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 271d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

What a sack of poo, that first roll was a 17 when I previewed it, now I submit it, it is a 9! So ignore the crit confirmation.


GM

Well...humm...no need to drag this out any more I guess... I rolled two "1"'s on those saves and Ardanto and crew well outnumber them and you guys more or less can one-shot any unnamed NPC

Finn and Toxim finish off the downed attackers as Duarros Targets the man toying with the colonests, the man screams seeing something only he can see and tries to run..falling dead after a few steps. Ardanto cuts into the attackers, the crew behind him making fast work out of the Pirates.

"Who..Umm..who are you?" one of the stunned colonists asks.

Karkalla you are close enough to shot him if you like


Fighter Level 9

"I am Captain Ardanto!" Ardanto beams as he wipes his sword on the body of a pirate, "these are the brave crew of the Sea Wyvern, fastest ship this side of the world," he says with a flamboyant sweep of his arm towards the crew, "and those good fellows you see about you are the Millennium Falcons, Mistress Vanderborn's personal trouble shooters." He grins at the nearest of the colonists, "but now is not the time for introductions, there are fires to put out and there will surely be other pirates to kill."

He turns to the crew, "go and seize their ship and ensure that none escape, if you can, bring us one back alive."

He then turns back to the stunned colonists, "why are you still standing here, grab buckets and containers and put out those fires!" he orders.

Ardanto then jogs off deeper into the village looking for any one else that may need his aid, chuckling softly to himself that the leader of the pirates died of fright at his approach, blissfully unaware that it had anything to do with his flying companion.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Attack +1 if within 30ft

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Damage + 1 if within 30ft

1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Karrkalla fires off a quick shot as she advances


GM

The men just kinda Gok at Ardanto as Amella leads the crew toward the Pirate ship. They do seem to do as Ardanto asks, grabbing buckets and heading to the fires.

Karkalla's first shot Takes the Half orc in the back and he goes down , bleeding and unmoving on the ground You where with-in 30' so I rolled sneak attack damage as well


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

With the chapel no longer under siege, Toxim moves on to the next area to help.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla stops to have a look around her surroundings

Perception

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

"Are ya alright." She asks the woman being chased by the half-orc


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros flies around the town, looking for other situations were help may be required (eventually becoming visible). If none are found, he goes back to the harbor to assist the crew in taking the pirate ships.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto turns a corner and comes face to face with Toxim, with a smile he nods, "this all seems a bit too easy? When do you think the huge dragon will swoop in or the ground will start spewing abominations?" he asks with a chuckle. "I am heading deeper into the village, see if I can find anyone else to rescue, shall we go together?"


GM

The woman thanks karkalla, almost being a bawling mess of tears the rest of you make your way into the village. while you do run into small groups of pirates they are easy work with little challenge. Though the smoke you find small groups of defend3ers as well, it seems like the pirates are all but done. The you hear "Ardanto?" As you look to see a sweating, bloodstained Lavina Vander born, sword in hand flanked by the Jade Ravens make her way from the smoke.

The next thing Ardanto knows the small woman hurls herself into his arms , almost knocking the Captain down. "I thought you were dead!" She cries hugging him tight, leaving Ardanto maybe a bit confused.. She seems to see the rest of the Falcons. " You're all alive? We feared you lost to the storms."


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn drags one of the unconscious pirates over to Lady Vanderboren.

"Lady Vanderboren. We got here as quickly as possible. We were shipwrecked somewhere on the west coast and we had to make our way here on foot. The rest of the passengers and crew are dead or missing, although it's likely that Urol's petrified form is safe on the ocean floor.

How have things fared here? Have raiders been attacking you?"


GM

She looks at Finn for a moment, almost seeming shocked by his change, But she conceals it "You are all that is left? we have had some trouble by some but nothing on this scale before." It seems the fighting is close to done at this point with defenders seeming to wrap up those left. Even if you can hear some fighting still going on, it seems the colonist will carry the day however.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto is completely taken aback by Lavina's affection, the darkest parts of his mind had convinced himself that she had hoped he would be better off dead, the lighter side had prayed she would miss him. It only takes Ardanto a brief moment to get over his confusion and then he returns the hug, lifting her slight form off the ground. Smiling down at her he whispers "I am going to have to be presumed dead more often if this is the greeting I get." He is tempted to go in for a kiss, lowering his head towards hers, but at the last moment realizes that any public display of affection might not be appropriate considering her station.

Reluctantly he releases her from his grip as Finn speaks, but gently keeps one hand on the small of her back, reassuring himself off her presence, lest this be a dream. Nodding a greeting at the Jade Ravens Ardanto takes stock of the situation, "Does the town have something that passes as a jail or cell where we can hold the prisoner until he speaks?" he enquirers, "I have a few questions I would like to ask him." Thinking out loud he continues "like what in the name of the all that is holy are pirates doing out here in the middle of nowhere."

7,001 to 7,050 of 7,620 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.