Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


6,901 to 6,950 of 7,620 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

sorry over looked those

Bracers of Armor +2
Sandals of levitation
Cloak of Resistance +1
Ring of protection +2

Anyone mind if Daurros takes the bracers?


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4
Daurros Erdai wrote:
Anyone mind if Daurros takes the bracers?

You're welcome to them; if Finn wanted some bracers, Daurros could just make him a new pair, right?


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9
Finn Killshrike wrote:
Daurros Erdai wrote:
Anyone mind if Daurros takes the bracers?
You're welcome to them; if Finn wanted some bracers, Daurros could just make him a new pair, right?

yep, just like I can make anyone ability boosting items.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla spends most of the night keeping an eye on Anveras well as the next morning whilst the others go back to the temple.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Daurros will expend some charges from his wand of repair light damage to heal up Guard.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The night they camp in the area, Daurros will investigate the crew to see if any of them have skill with crafting jewelry, particularly with natural items.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Could Toxim get the ring?
Do'h! I just realized I've had a ring of protection +1 and didn't add it into my AC. If I get the ring +2, the +1 goes up for grabs.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn will take Toxim's cast-off +1 Ring, then.


Fighter Level 9

Unless any of the items look fashionable or bad arse, then Ardanto is not interested.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn goes to check on Amella et al. to make sure they're still okay.


GM

With everything in hand and the jungle seeming less sinister you get underway. The trip though the jungle , while still far from safe is better then it was. Nothing sinister or otherworldy seem to trail you, you only have to deal with the hunting bird or massive lizards and other predators that call the jungle home.

You travel a week, able to hunt and feed the group, you are nearing the tip of the island you think when you see a massive wall. It looks aged and huge, made of massive stone blocks it stretches as far as the eye can see, at lest fifty feet( 15 m) tall. You do notice a gate the trail seems to lead toward. It seems to be made of massive tree trunks lashed together. From here a few of you can see figures walking the wall. You may or may not have been spotted.


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Is any of the crew skilled in making jewelry?


Female Shifter Rogue 9

Karkalla squints attempting to see what the figures on the wall are

Peception

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


GM

Heh, oddly enough Arainn has some skill at it.

Karkalla can make out they are humanoid, but not much else from where you are..


Fighter Level 9

Now I am just picturing King Kong appearing out of the jungle.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"should we approach or send someone ta check it out first?"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

Finn tries to see if he can see the figures any better.

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32


Gamemaster

"Who could build such high a wall with such a gate? Ogres?" Guard mutters quietly.
Speaking up a bit he asks: "Think my hammer is a good tool to knock?"


GM

Finn can tell that look human from here, dressed much like the native they found dead back at the temple ruins. They seem to be scanning the jungle, some look bored while others seem to be playing some type of game. It is a scene known to guard duty the world over you think.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

"Ogres are too shortsighted to build something like this. Whoever it is, I hope they're friendly. It would make for a nice change. I'm going to get a closer look."

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


GM

Toxim can sneak closer,the wall is old he thinks, it is covered in vines and moss. It does look like someone has taken pains to keep it cleared and no real vegetation is close to the gate or wall. The wildlife has been cleared back at lest a bow shot from the wall as far as you can see. The people walking the wall look to be natives. They have Dusky light brown skin and slightly pointed ears. You think they might be half elves at lest thirty. They seem to be dressed in simple clothing, mostly lion cloths with body paint. They carry bows and simple weapons.

You can get no closer without being seen.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Just typical human guards. I suggest we approach peacefully; no humans have accosted us so far on this island, and they will no doubt know more about the lay of the land than we do."


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

"Okay then. Let's hope they don't missunderstand us, if they understand us at all." Guard says, strapping his shield to his back and unshaping his warhammer just as well.


GM

They yell out something as you near. Its not Common, it almost seems elvish in a way. although the words are not elvish as those who speak it among you can tell.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Daurros, do you understand what he's saying? Perhaps Toxim knows."

Finn pulls his cloak's hood over his face, trying to obscure his demonic visage.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"It's Kinda Elven but it's not" Karkalla explains listining to see if she can piece together what he is saying


GM

Karkalla thinks maybe they want you to stop or go dance.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Okay I'm thinking he is telling us ta stop."


GM

There seems to be at lest twenty bows pointed at you and some of the people seem very animated and a few point to Guard. They yell something back in that uncompromisable tongue then follow it with "You. Are outsiders yes?" in a thickly accented common. Yelled all the while from the top of the wall.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Were not from arround here if thats what ya mean." Karkalla yells back


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4
Karkalla wrote:
"It's Kinda Elven but it's not"

"I know. I speak Elven. Or haven't you noticed my ears?" Finn responds sarcastically.

----

Finn shouts up to the wall. "We are strangers. We come from across the water. Do you know Farshore?"


GM

The outlander Village? Aye He glances around says something to the others "Why are you on that side of wall?"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"Our ship broke. We walked through trees and fog, and we killed a strong ape demon."


GM

"You come closer. No weapons!" Mutters arise as you say Demon, a word they seem to know. "What manner of beast is that one?" He says, pointing to Guard.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

For a moment Karkalla looks like she is about to reply before deciding against it and turning to the others "How exactly do ya explain what a Warforged is?" she asks


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"He is a hero made out of stone and metal and wood."

Finn keeps trying to hide his demonic features as he slowly approaches.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto suppresses a grin as he watches the conversation unfold, especially at the description of "broke" for a ship wreck. Then the thought of the ship wreck makes him scowl for a second and he glares back at the jungle, daring something to emerge.

"Hey Avner, you have a way with people and is your family not big in Farshore, perhaps you should speak to them on our behalf?" Ardanto asks as politely as he can.


GM

"You come then, No weapons. Jungle bad. We see hero of stone and wood."

Within a few moments the doors seem to start to creak open, not much just enough to allow the party inside. A small group of natives seems to be awaiting you on the end side and the doors began closing as soon as the last of your party is though. You can see massive block and tackles move the doors, and a dozen men move to place massive slabs of wood over the door.

The natives stands a bit under what you think of as average size, they have a light brown skin and the paint, which looks to be tattoos on most, vaguely elfish tattoos. They seem to have weapons of stone and copper mostly, if of fine make. And every man in the group you have seen so far seems to be half elf. At lest they look human with elvish features anyhow.

"You brake ship far away? Walk though Jungle?" One of them saves in broken common.


Female Shifter Rogue 9

"Through Jungle, over cliffs and undermountains"


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

"We walk for many days. How many...? I lost track. Daurros, Toxim -- maybe you could draw our hosts a map."


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Wow ... lots of posts to read through!

[REWIND] Right before they leave the former demon-infested ruins, Daurros approaches Arainn. "I understand you have some skill with fashioning jewelry, Arainn. You have been very kind to me so far, but I was wondering if you might again help me with something. I wish to eventually create a magical amulet, but I'd like it to also be ... a trophy of sorts." Daurros retrieves the teeth he pulled from ape-demon. "Can you fashion these into a necklace? Something artistic and primitive, yet of a quality that I can enchant later? I would, of course, be willing to reimburse you for your time and work."[/REWIND]

Back to the present ...

Daurros curses to himself, and mutters, "I give up. If I only had a tongues spell."

To the one who speaks broken Common, Daurros says, "Will you let me cast a spell on you? One that will let you understand us better?"

If the native allows him, Daurros will use his bonded ring to cast comprehend languages on him.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

One bad day and I miss this.
Toxim has Daurros use his Eternal Wand of Comprehend Languages when he hears the guards speak. Once on Ardanto (best Diplomacy) and once on Toxim (2nd best Diplomacy).


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard tries to be as unintimidating as he can be, his shield strapped to his back, his warhammer not present, the scimitar at his side but his hands away from it.

He keeps at the back of the group, ushering the crew through the gate before making the cross himself.


Fighter Level 9

Ardanto stays behind with Guard, seemingly unwilling to head through the big gate and what ever fate lies beyond it. He covers it badly with bravado and boasts to the crew about having a feast of native food at the gate guards home village. He takes one reluctant last look back at the jungle, almost daring something to emerge from the undergrowth and challenge him before following the others through the gate. Despite the spell allowing him to understand the natives, he stands to the side and observes the others, especially paying attention to his nemesis and his reaction around the natives.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim dives in with both feet. He does his best to communicate with the natives (what do they call themselves?). He tells them about Guard like he is a prized stallion (no offense meant, but if this is what they want for some safety and information, I'm giving it to them). He will also tell them of their ordeals while on the island and asks them about Far Shore.
Linguistics 1d20 + 13 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 5 = 24
Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Action Point on Linguistics 1d6 ⇒ 5 I've edited it into the roll


GM

Rewind "I would be honored to do so" she says with a bow, but she has something unreadable going on behind her eyes as she takes the teeth.

Fast forward

Toxim uses his wand and the "Leader agrees to allow Daurros spell. so now communication is much easier. They seem fascinated with Guard, but only Toxim's good will and fast talking keeps the panic down once they see Finn.
Avner still seems not all there and never tries to come forward, Amella and the crew stay back allowing the Group to handle the natives.

You do find out that they know of farshore. They call themselves the Tanaroan and seem to be charges with both maintaining and watching this wall. which they proudly tell you have allowed the other villages to live behind it and farshore itself without being threatened by the jungles wildlife.

The Leader, who calls himself "ishma" invites you to his village, to rest and feast and tell the Chief your tell. He also says someone he calls the Blessed elder might wish to speak with you as well. But, if you would rather be on your way he can point you toward farshore. It should only take you a few days he thinks.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Hmm... So it needs a bunch of wilds afraid of you to get a praise from the people you travel with and share the dangers of adventuring? Interesting... the warforged thinks while watching Toxim bable about Guard and Finn.

"I could do with a rest. And a feast sounds all too nice too." Guard comments, not speaking of the 'Blessed Elder', though having a suspection that seems too close to be a coincident, but too far fetched at the same time.


Ranger 2/ Magus 7

Toxim is inclined to speak with the Blessed Elder. He hopes that he is somehow related to the most ancient elf they met a while back.

BTW what language do they speak? Toxim has an open language slot.


Male Half-elf (abyssal bloodline) Sorcerer 1/Monk (weapon adept) 4/Abyssal Disciple 4

For future reference, Comprehend Languages is "personal" range only. So you can't cast it on someone else.

"We should accept their hospitality. It might be rude to refuse, not to mention that we could use a good meal and a rest after weeks of trudging through the jungle."


GM

sorry I did not look it up before posting. Also the lang, you will have to take time and get someone to teach it to you before ya can spend the slot on it. Which You can do once you reach farshore or sooner if you get a guide


Male Human Wizard (Universal) 9

Yeah, my bad on that too. Missed the personal range.

"Yes, we can rest for a bit. Maybe we should speak with the Blessed Elder, as well."

6,901 to 6,950 of 7,620 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.