Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide

Game Master seekerofshadowlight

Follow the adventures of the Millennium Falcons as they cross the Thunder sea of Eberron in the employment of Lady Vanderborn.


1 to 50 of 7,620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM

The Keeper of Forbidden Lore watches the multiverse spine and weave. She watches tells turn, worlds spin and lives lived. She watches events unfold across the multivers .Sees the tales told, bears witness to victories and defeats. Records glories, sadness and shame of her subjects. Looks on in moments of greatness and times of great loss.

Today she looks to another world, another when. She peers in on the great city of Sasserine. On the isle of the same name southernmost island of the Lhazaar Principalities, southwest of the gnome dominated island of Lorghalen on the world of Eberron. Something is unfolding and she feels it, so she watches and waits for what is to come, as another tale unfolds.


N Warforged Fighter

It sits at Its post at the pub, Its crossbow on the table before it. It is a quiet afternoon so far; not that there is much trouble these days before the patrons have time to get quite rousingly drunk. Even then, the crossbow has only needed to be fired once in Its tenure at the bar; less final means of persuasion have generally served.

It flips through a tome It has recently acquired, a history written in an archaic dialect of Giant -- difficult going, but It is patient.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Not far from the pub at the market people pass by another warforged, him being covered in heavy adamant, seeing his work on another sword. He pounds the heavy hammer against the steel lying on the 10times as heavy anvil he brought with him, checking the sword taking form every few blows.

Hanging on a nearby wall he has some gauntlets, obviously for a smaller person, possibly waiting for their owner to pick them up.

They are nicely worked, though for the experts eye they don't seem masterwork.
They bear fine details though that make them worth more than the standard gauntlets every basic armory would sell. For example there was a sign of a shield worked in the back of the hands, the shield depicting the guidon of a moderate wealthy halfling family.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper shivers a little as a cool breeze picks up and ruffles her hair, everyone else is happy and out in the light, but not her. Clinging to the shadows the young woman sits on her own and gnaws on a piece of jerky. Deep brown eyes carefully watch all of the passersby who, as usual, utterly fail to spot her, people were really so very oblivious sometimes.


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

The afternoon sun turned the fish market into an olfactory apocalypse. Prices plummeted as customers tried to leave the premises as fast as possible. Somehow the ice didn't last long enough to keep the fish cold until the market closed. Only Forzakhad stepped through the emmty stalls, but he was not looking for fish. The sellers were increasingly loud with their offers, but it didn't faze him a bit. His mind was elsewhere...


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn is sitting in the bleachers of the arena, mesmerized by the spectacle before him. Today is a special occasion: Valemus Sett is facing a dangerous adversary -- a vicious carver imported from the Talenta plains. The half-orc's swordplay is dazzling, but Finn's attention is focused on the fighting style of the huge reptile. It stalks the gladiator gracefully...watching for an opening...then springs impossibly fast, flailing away with four deadly claws and a mouthful of grinning teeth!

The sight is truly awe-inspiring to Finn and his mind tries to absorb every aspect of the lethal ballet. "How can I add that leg sweep to my elbow smash? My teeth aren't as sharp, but maybe that neck bite would work," he muses. At times like these, he forgets all about his former homeland and lives only in the moment.


GM

The bar is is quite as a wizened looking halfling comes in.She looks ancient and she seems to scan the area her eyes settling on it.walking up to the warforged she looks up at him and speaks

"You would be the one they call"IT" would you not? I have something for you"

She pulls a note from a satchel at her side and holds it up to IT. The note seems to be written on high quality paper sealed with wax.

Spoiler:

Greetings, and I trust this missive
Finds you in good health
My name is Lavinia
Vanderboren, and I humbly
Request you attendance at
Dinner at my estates on Festival
Street and Blue Skink Lane
Tomorrow evening. I think
That I can present you with an
Opportunity uniquely suited to
Your skills. Please inform the
Carrier of this letter as to your
Response to this invitation, and I
Hope to be speaking to you soon!

Lavinia
Vanderboren


N Warforged Fighter
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

The bar is is quite as a wizened looking halfling comes in.She looks ancient and she seems to scan the area her eyes settling on it.walking up to the warforged she looks up at him and speaks

"You would be the one they call"IT" would you not? I have something for you"

She pulls a note from a satchel at her side and holds it up to IT. The note seems to be written on high quality paper sealed with wax.

** spoiler omitted **

The warforged turns to the halfling. "Yes, It is It." After It reads the note, "It will comply. Thank you."

It returns to Its book. When the bar closes for the night, It informs the owner of the need for time off the next evening (Its first such request).


GM

Making her way from the bar the wizened halfling looks about then moves with a purpose.She walks into the market area and after a few questions walks into the stale used by Guard. She looks him over and speaks

"You would be the one they call Guard would you not? I have a message for you."

She pulls a note out of her satchel and hands it to Guard.It is of fine
quality paper sealed with wax

Spoiler:

Greetings, and I trust this missive
Finds you in good health
My name is Lavinia
Vanderboren, and I humbly
Request you attendance at
Dinner at my estates on Festival
Street and Blue Skink Lane
Tomorrow evening. I think
That I can present you with an
Opportunity uniquely suited to
Your skills. Please inform the
Carrier of this letter as to your
Response to this invitation, and I
Hope to be speaking to you soon!

Lavinia
Vanderboren


GM

A cloaked man walks into whispers view.He scans the area letting his eyes settle on the spot she no hides in.He pulls back his hood and she can see an older half orc left side of his face an mangle of scares and a black swirl like tattoo.His left and seems to be made of metal,stone and wood.And his one eye seems to stare into her.

"Whisper, humm I know ye be in there lass no sence in running I have been paid to find ye and I have done so. Running just make me do it again"

He reaches into a belt pouch and brings forth a note.

"I was hired to bring ye this lass"

Spoiler:

Greetings, and I trust this missive
Finds you in good health
My name is Lavinia
Vanderboren, and I humbly
Request you attendance at
Dinner at my estates on Festival
Street and Blue Skink Lane
Tomorrow evening. I think
That I can present you with an
Opportunity uniquely suited to
Your skills. Please inform the
Carrier of this letter as to your
Response to this invitation, and I
Hope to be speaking to you soon!

Lavinia
Vanderboren


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

Making her way from the bar the wizened halfling looks about then moves with a purpose.She walks into the market area and after a few questions walks into the stale used by Guard. She looks him over and speaks

"You would be the one they call Guard would you not? I have a message for you."

She pulls a note out of her satchel and hands it to Guard.It is of fine
quality paper sealed with wax

** spoiler omitted **

Looking down on the halfling Guard nodds, answering: "I am Guard." He then lets go off the hammer and the unfinished sword, reaching out for the paper, opening the seal and reading it.

"You may tell the lady Vanderboren that I will be attending tomorrow. I hope it is no problem that I will not be propperly dressed for such an occasion?" Guard says, placing his palm on his adamant-chest.


GM

The ancient halfling nods and replys that shall be fine. As she makes her way out of the workshop.She turns south along the lane making her way to the docks and toward to Adar enclave. Where she waits for captain Forzakhad to return as the day grows short.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

With a quiet surprised sound Whisper edges forward and grabs the note before scurrying back to her hiding place. Reading the note three times to make sure she wasn't seeing things a small frown comes to the young woman's forehead. Looking up at the man carrying the message she speaks up in a quiet voice. "This isn't some sort of silly scam or trap is it?" she questions.


GM

Looking the young girl over the half orc turns his head to the side,keeping his good eye on the girl and spits.He then turns back toward whisper

"Well know lass,as to why your wanted there I wouldn't know.Been my experience however that if someone wants ye dead they don't invite ya to dinner.I do not come cheap,and why would I be hired to track ya down with my considerable skills if they just wanted ya dead they wouldn't have me talk to ye lass. Besides ya look like ya could use the meal."


Male Valenar Cleric1

Ithaniar begins his day reflecting on the life of his ancestor and practicing his with his double scimitar, hoping that today will he will be able to do something worthy of his ancestor and inspire future valenar.


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Frowning slightly Whisper hugs her knees to her chest and replies in a small defiant tone. "Alright, I'll go, but if this is a scam or something I'm blaming you.." Slowly a blush comes to her cheeks at realising how rude her words were and she hangs her head a little in shame.


GM

The half orc chuckles low

"Wouldn't be the first time lass, not at all"

He turns away and gets this far off look to his eye and starts off in a steady walk.He makes his way across alleys and walkways though crowed streets and markets.In time he finds himself at the arena he grunts to himself and makes his way inside.He makes his way though the crowd and in the seats coming to stand before an young half elf. Looking down on the half elf the scared half orc

"You would be Finn. I have a note for you here."

He pulls a note of fine quality paper sealed with wax

Spoiler:

Greetings, and I trust this missive
Finds you in good health
My name is Lavinia
Vanderboren, and I humbly
Request you attendance at
Dinner at my estates on Festival
Street and Blue Skink Lane
Tomorrow evening. I think
That I can present you with an
Opportunity uniquely suited to
Your skills. Please inform the
Carrier of this letter as to your
Response to this invitation, and I
Hope to be speaking to you soon!

Lavinia
Vanderboren


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Still in shock at the message and how easily the halforc had spotted her Whisper shifts slowly out of the shadows and quickly hurries for the nearest bar, almost certain that right now what she really needs is a drink.


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn draws his eyes away from the match (his interest had waned after the carver's ignominious defeat) and reads the note.

"If she's offering paying work, I could use the money," he admits. "This Mistress Vanderboren -- is she an upstanding woman of good character? If she's looking for thugs and cutpurses, I refuse to have any part of it."

He scrutinizes the half-orc's face for the least hint of falsehood.


GM

The half orc looks down on Finn.

"The vanderborns are well know in the city. As to why your summoned I do not know.Ask about em if Ya like none of my business really."

He scans Finns face with his one good eye

"I will need an answer though boy, all part of the job"


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

"Your reluctance to say anything is suspicious, but I'll go."

He goes back to watching the match.


GM

ya know ya forgot to post as finn.....I so hate when i do that


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
The ancient halfling nods and replys that shall be fine. As she makes her way out of the workshop. ...

Guard carefully folds the note again, looking around in his stale, where he could put it to keep it at least somewhat safe. After laying it on the bench of his cart, he goes back to ponderin the unfinished sword, thinking: [i]Maybe that halfling, what was his name again... whome I made the gauntlets for knows of that lady Vanboren? Vanderbren? Me and the names... Maybe I should take on a new name? I'm not much of a Guard in the last times. Smith would be more appropriate nowadays. ...


GM

You may make any knowledge or gather information checks you need to make. You all have 24 hours more or less before the dinner. So after your contacted you may do as you will.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Gather Information on Lady V. (1d20=19)

Nice, my luck on invisible castle is not failing me.


N Warforged Fighter

Knowledge - Nobility (1d20 7=14)


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Gather Info (1d20+2=21)

Fixed the "hogarth" posts above, too.


GM

The day grows short as a scared half orc calls out to Ithaniar from the crowed.

"Ithaniar of the Valenar, You have lead me on a long chase. I have something to give you"

He holds out a note of high quality paper sealed with wax.

Spoiler:

Greetings, and I trust this missive
Finds you in good health
My name is Lavinia
Vanderboren, and I humbly
Request you attendance at
Dinner at my estates on Festival
Street and Blue Skink Lane
Tomorrow evening. I think
That I can present you with an
Opportunity uniquely suited to
Your skills. Please inform the
Carrier of this letter as to your
Response to this invitation, and I
Hope to be speaking to you soon!

Lavinia
Vanderboren


GM

Knowledge checks and gather info checks

IT

Spoiler:

The Vanderborn name is known to you. They are nobles of Sasserine going back to the founding of the city.

Guard

Spoiler:
Guard's client knew a bit about the Vanderborns.There old nobles in Sasserine Also Lavinia is the oldest child.And he recalls a month ago Lavainia's parents Verik and Larissa Vanderborn died in a tragic fire.

Finn

Spoiler:

though your digging about you found out a bit about the Vanderborns.There old nobles in Sasserine Also Lavinia is the oldest child.And news a bout a tragic fire a month ago that clamined the lives of Lavainia's parents Verik and Larissa Vanderborn still is easy to find.


Male Valenar Cleric1

"I accept your Lady's humble offer. This will be a great oppertunity to bring honor to my ancestor."


N Warforged Fighter

It returns to Its reading, with no particular plans before Its time off for dinner the next night.


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn does nothing else constructive until the time of the meeting rolls around.


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

Forzakhad wanders around the market stalls, but he is still oblivious about the dinge around him. He is thinking.

How shall he complete the complete mission now? What will be my first step? Contact the Merchant Guild? But they will certainly give me prices, that are higher, because they get the opportunity to rig the prices for the wares we need. Contact a single House? That might lead to dire repercussions once the other compnies learn about the agreement. And in the end my people will pay the price.

This is the circle of thoughts that his mind tries to escape, but does not.

A change of the scenery breaks him out of another retreading of his worries. The sun kisses the horizon. Since it will get dark soon, Forzakhad also notices the hollowness spreading from his midsection. Sighing, he makes his way back to the docks. There he has found a small apartment in the Adar enclave.

It is better to keep a low profile, if you want to achieve great results. It gives you the time to reconnoiter the situation, before you enter the scene.

Those were the words of Cherenketh, his mentor and master on this mission. But he is dead now. He was nearly entering his "Treadmill" again as he approached the enclave. And so he was not noticing the old halfling woman waiting near the entrance.


GM

The old halfling woman raises and approaches Forzakhad

"Captain Forzakhad is it, I have a massage for you "

she reaches into her satchel and pulls out a note and holds it up to satchel at her side and holds it up toForzakhad. The note seems to be written on high quality paper sealed with wax

Spoiler:

Greetings, and I trust this missive
Finds you in good health
My name is Lavinia
Vanderboren, and I humbly
Request you attendance at
Dinner at my estates on Festival
Street and Blue Skink Lane
Tomorrow evening. I think
That I can present you with an
Opportunity uniquely suited to
Your skills. Please inform the
Carrier of this letter as to your
Response to this invitation, and I
Hope to be speaking to you soon!

Lavinia
Vanderboren


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

"A message? Well, and Captain? If you mean, that I have a ship, then yes, I am a captain." He reads the missive. "Who is this Vanderboren family?"


GM

" The vanderborns have been Nobles of Sasserine since the founding of the city. Your answer captain Forzakhad ?"


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

"Nobles? That sounds like they have much influence in the city. Tell Lady Vanderboren, that I will most certainly attend tomorrow."


GM

The ancient halfling bows her head

"As you wish captain "


GM

The Vanderborn Manor sits in th eastern section of the Merchant District.It is surrounded by seven and half foot[2.28 meters] stone walls makes it imposable to miss.The Gothic three story Manor dominates the grounds with in.Leering gargoyles and dancing nymphs festoon the roof of the Manor and several tress give the grounds a garden like feel and atmosphere.The gates to the great manor stand open as if guests are expected.

If anyone has anything they would like to do before this just let me know


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Keeper:

Spoiler:
Whisper arrives early and finds a spot in the shadows for herself overlooking the gates, so she can watch the comings and goings around the house, looking for any signs of a trap or scam but obviously too caught up in her own thoughts to see any real details.

Hiding (1d20+7=17)
Spotting (1d20+4=8)


N Warforged Fighter

It proceeds through the gate, paying seemingly little attention to the others gathered.


Finn gazes around the inside of the manor's wall. Being rich is not a crime, but power corrupts; the half-elf knows this first-hand. He enters the house, keeping his mind open for now.


GM

As the guest arrive and elderly halfling lady[some of you have seen her before]Brings you into the Atrium.This is an enormous great hall,the marble stonework is smooth and white. Two oak staircases with burnished brass railings ascend to an open first floor landing.Tapestries depicting savage forested frontiers and eerie shorelines cover the walls.Two small ork doors lead off to other rooms one on the left wall and one on the right.Between the staircases a archway leads farther into the Manor.Light spills tough glass doors not to far though the archway and a glass Chandelier hangs from the Atrium's ceiling

"If you would wait here the Lady Vanderborn will see you once the others have arrived."


N Warforged Fighter
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Two small ork doors

I'm hoping that's a typo for "oak" and not for "orc"!

It positions Itself by one wall and stands patiently, now surveying the rest of the assemblage.


GM

Indeed it is a typo. It was to long gone before i noticed it. and it got though spell check odd that.


Warforged Fighter 2 / Incarnate 4 / Ironsoul Forgemaster 3

Guard arrives mostly in time, looking around, trying to memorize the people already in place, searching for known faces. He nods to the elderly halfling following her into the hall. As he sees the other warforged, he is a little surprised, but tries to not let that be seen. Guard nods towards It, then turning to the tapestries, examining them.


male Kalashtar Shaper 2

Keeper:

Spoiler:

Forzakhad is going to make some inquiries about the Noble Family Vanderboren and their connections to the merchant houses. Perhaps the Vanderborens are a merchant house themselves? Who is Lavinia Vanderborens? Any relations here or out of town?

Forzakhad enters the manor at the appointed time. He gives his cloak to the ancient halfling lady and enters the main hall of the building. His steps halts when he notices the two warforged. He looks quickly back and forth between the two of them, before continuing into the room. "I wish you a good evening, gentlemen." But he is unsure, if these two are fellow guests or hired guards for any trade talks further down the road in the evening. As he sees Finn also waiting in the hall, he is now sure, that this meal is not a tete-a-tete with him about trade talks, but something different...


Female Human (mostly) Rogue 2

Whisper quietly enters the manor, tugging nervously at a strand of her own hair and looking clearly uncomfortable. The lack of hiding places and being faced with the men in the room she's shown into causing her face to pale. Slowly she lifts her hand in a vague attempt at a wave at the others before moving around the room in an attempt to find the most out of the way spot she can.


GM

Forzakhad

Spoiler:

Make knowledge or diplomacy checks please.


Male Half-elf Monk 4/Sorcerer 1

Finn nods to the motley assortment of potential employees that Lady Vanderboren has assembled. It seemed like it was only yesterday that he had never even heard of the strange mechanical men called "war-forged", and yet here he was standing next to a pair of them! Setting aside his curiosity, he turned to the young girl:

"Excuse me, child. Are you certain you're in the right place?"

1 to 50 of 7,620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Pathfinder Savage tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.