Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


401 to 450 of 1,339 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir follows behind Baster, moving as quietly as he can with his armor and shield. He makes sure to pay attention to the sights and sounds around him, as well as the trail that Jevon has left.

Best to keep Baster close, keep an eye on him. A potentially dangerous situation is a fine way to read a man's character.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

DM Matt, what's the light level like in the forest?


The small forest you find yourselves in is a dense forest, and with the overhead downpour, visibility would be akin to low-light. Lanterns would probably help. As well, it's hard to pick up precise sounds thanks to the rain and thunder.

Ithriel:
The clicking noises sound familiar though you can't quite place it... it definitely sounds insect-like though.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Did that second perception check I made (the 25) hear any more of the noises while I've been wandering?


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim doesn't mind the rain and wanders the area though keeping under his cloak to stay mostly dry.

Perception to notice the officers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Perception for the forest sounds: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Any Perception check made in the woods will hear the noises if it beats the original DC until further notice.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

In that case...
Jevon decides that those noises definitely aren't branches, and begins to move towards them to the best of his ability, unaware that he is being followed. He will however draw his trusty sling, just to be safe.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir (and I'm assuming Baster as well) will continue to follow Jevon. Koldir has his crossbow loaded and at the ready, and he is also prepared to fade into the shadows of the trees as needed.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster continues to advance alongside Burrin.

He soon notices that the dwarf is trying to be stealthy.

Getting the clue, the armored nobleman strives not to crush branches in his wake, nor to make too noisome splashes with his boots in the puddles on the forest floor.

Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

Unfortunately, he inadvertently bangs his shield on a trunk with a loud "clank !".

Damn ! That being stealthy business is much harder than it looks !


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D I would imagine Jevon gets a perception check for that, even through the rain.

Koldir, making a habit of this, rolls his eyes at the noble.

I've seen stealthier wagons.

He continues on through the trees, listening intently and following Jevon.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Holy Crap, so many posts 6_9

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Leylyn looks to Baster as he starts to explain himself. She gives him a warm smile. "Thank you for telling the truth Baster. Lets talk of this more later." She then turns to the man she had just helped up, and brushes off some of the dust off his shirt. "Tylus was it? It was wrong of Sir Baster to hit you like that and I apologize on his behalf..." She says in a sincere voice, but then she grabs him by his collar and pulls him up to her eye level, lifting him off his feet if need be. "But you do NOT taunt and provoke your superior officers. You show respect to those above you. If you think your tough s$%@ then prove it, show your worth! This isn't some school yard and you are not some drunk at a tavern, your supposed to be a damned professional! Such acts only prove that you are a fool, and that you are not taking your job here seriously!" She says, and then lets him go with a light push back. "Now get back to your responsibilities and think about your actions. Provoke another fight and I will personally drag you to Captain Pelemynn and have you court-marshaled!" and with that she turns and walks out of the circle and follows her friends out of the area.

Once out of the scene she turns to whoever is closest... Let's choose Jevon! And her seriousness deflates. "Heheheh, I'm a total Bad-ass huh?" She says in an exaggerated egotistical voice and a dopey smile.

After that she goes to seek out Baster for that talk. "Hey Baster, Can we talk?" She asks and walks with him to a more secluded area.

Baster (and anyone nearby who tries to eavesdrop):

"Is everything alright Baster? I know that man shouldn't have provoked you, but you shouldn't have punched him either. You need to be the better man and let it go! You seem really tense and wound up ever since I met you. Like a kettle about to boil over. You need to let your anger go. You will feel totally super better if you do. I swear by it! If your willing to try, I will help in whatever way I can. I can try to play you a soothing song on my flute, Or maybe give you a shoulder message, or- Ohh, you are good friends with Ithriel right? Maybe we can ask him about some of that elven stress relief meditation-y stuff they do." Leylyn finishes with an excited tone in her voice.

---

When Endrian gets to Leylyn and finishes his little lecture, he notices that Leylyn is not at all wet, and it is like the water is not hitting her at all. Leylyn gets that devious smile :3, and says "Ohh~ Endrian, don't worry so much! You know the only time I get wet is when I'm with you~♥!" Leylyn jokes, fully expecting it to go either over Endrian's head, or to be taken too literally. It's Official, Leylyn is addicted to teasing Endrian! :3 I believe this would be another use for Prestidigitation, if not, ignore the paragraph as it was the whole point of the joke.

Leylyn hears the sounds from the forest. Hmm... Doesn't something make a sound like this...? She mutters in an absent minded tone, hand on her chin as she ponders what the sound could be...

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 to try to identify what creature could make such a sound if possible.

Regardless, she follows Baster and Koldir at a good distance. For Pete's sake, is this what mothers with a bunch of crazy kids feels like?


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian follows Leylyn as she wanders off.

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

EDIT: Endrian doesn't quite know why everyone is wandering off into the forest but wants to stick with those he knows better.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Perception on Baster's stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Hearing the clank of Baster's shield some distance behind him, Jevon simply stops to wait for the others to catch up. So much for a quiet walk in the rain... Seeing that it's Baster and Koldir he calls out "Hullo, lovely evenin' for a walk innit?" Once they have approached him he continues with, "You gents hear that funny clickin' noise?" By this time the forms of Leylyn and Endrian become visible, through the trees. Jevon looks somewhat incredulous, "Where's a gent to go to get alone these days? Tho' I suppose with that funny noise, the more the merrier. Where's Leon and Buggy? What about Tim?"


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Earlier, in the morning, just after Leylyn's talk with Baster:

Baster looks a little dazed by Leylyn's words, particularly the part about the elven meditation.

He swallows several times before answering.

"Dear Leylyn, I am not ashamed to admit that you remain some kind of an enigma to me."

"A pleasant one, rest assured." he says, regaining some assertiveness.

"You're not like any damsel I have previously met. Come to think of it, you're not like any common wench I have met before either. Not at all." He makes an appeasing gesture with his hand.

He frowns. He hesitates for a few seconds, but decides to continue speaking.

"Leylyn... I have been greviously betrayed in recent times - by my own family, no less."

Baster's eyes seem to light up, his jaw clenches in unison with his fists, and he trembles a little.

He then makes a conscious effort to remain calm.

"Perhaps I need to better repress my anger, at times." he admits, trying to throttle his emotions, utterly but sincerely misunderstanding what Leylyn just tried to explain to him.

"But I have other things in mind, just now." he says, smiling fondly at Leylyn, his mood swinging completely.

Just now he looks very much like the classic fairytale dashing night, albeit brown-haired and with a much darker moral overtone (maybe that's the scorpion whip at his side).

"Dear Leylyn, would you teach me how to play the flute ?"


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks kind of miffed for having being made out. And he seems as surprised as Jevon by the sudden appearance of Leylyn and the paladin.

"I don't know where the others are. They just stayed at the camp, I suppose. Shall we investigate these strange noises ?"


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Better do, yeah." Jevon nods in agreement. "Anybody know what it might be?" He looks to the others.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"What's this noise I keep hearing everyone keeps talking about!" Endrian suddenly bursts out, "I can't hear anything."


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

An incredulous look comes over Jevon's face. "'Ave you never been in a forest before mate!? You fink they all click like this? Take a moment and listen real hard, it sounds like this,"
Perform (Click) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Jevon makes a horrible choking click that sounds nothing like anything in the forest. He then looks at Endrian expectantly.

Roll another perception check :P


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]
Quote:
"Anybody know what it might be?" Jevon looks to the others.

"I do not." he answers Jevon.

Quote:
"What's this noise I keep hearing everyone keeps talking about!" Endrian suddenly bursts out.

Baster arches an aristocratic eyebrow at Endrian but says nothing.

Quote:
Jevon makes a horrible choking click that sounds nothing like anything in the forest.

"That was awful. And that's not the sound I heard. But to each his own, I suppose." says the nobleman a tad mockingly.

And I'm gone to play Kingmaker (another dangerous forest ;-). Have a nice day or night everyone, and a good game !


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

"I can't hear any clicking noise, seriously." Endrian looks exasperated as he strained to hear any sort of clicking. He was quite possibly distracted by Jevon's clicking preventing him from hearing it.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Notices Leylyn and Endrian wander off into the woods. Where do they think they are going? Looks around to see that the rest of the caravan has everything in hand. I guess I better make sure they don't get lost. Follows behind.

Arrives to the rest of the group not long after Leylyn and Endrian.

After hearing Endrian claim he can't hear anything, Ithriel puts his hand on the Paladin's shoulder and says: "Close your eyes, clear your mind. Aid Another: +2 Perception. Tentaure. Guidance

Edrian, you now have a +3 bonus on your next perception check to hear the sounds.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Baster & DM Matt:
Leylyn grins at Baster. "Don't worry Baster, I'm an enigma to my self most of the time too!" She laughs out. "I pride myself on being who I am. Damsels in distress are old hat, I'd rather take destiny in my own hands and make the best of it all, and have fun while I'm at it. Maybe that's what you need Baster, you should just relax, have a little fun and enjoy life a bit, and then maybe you will understand that getting angry and violent are just not worth the effort. "

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (Should have done this in the first lace, but Has Leylyn heard about baster before in travel, and if so what does she know of him?)

Leylyn frowns at the mention of Baster's family. "That's terrible. Familys should stick together, through thick and thin! What exactly happend? Why would they betray you?" Leylyn Pauses for a long moment. "You know, I never had a family growing up. I was always alone. You can't understand how much I wish I had a mother and a father, maybe some sisters and brothers... Is there a way you might be able to forgive them? Are they nonredeemable? It would be a terrible thing to lose your family." She says somberly, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I really believe that family can be more than just blood relations though Baster. don't feel alone, you have friends here." She says with a strong smile.

"Yes, I'm starting to think that maybe it's not really anger that troubles you, but sorrow. Perhaps the betrayal of your family is a wound that has not healed and only festered, and you lash out in anger in response to your grief..." Leylyn looks down at Baster's whip. "Uhh, this time the pun was unintentional!" She says with a smile.

"You have other things in mind?" She responds giving him a moment to respond to that.

Leylyn nods. "Yeah, maybe music can help you channel out some of that anger and sorrow in a more constructive way. Ok Baster, If you want, I am willing to teach you to play the flute. I don't have a spare, so you will have to come to me every time you wish to play. Once we get to some civilization we can get you one if you'd like."

--

Leylyn looks at Jevon with an approving nod. "That is a really go imitation Jevon, but we're not looking for duck... This is something else... Here Endrian, listen to this." Leylyn says as she pulls out a bit of wool from her pocket and crumples it between her middle and pointer finger, and then blows into it. The clicking sound is mimicked flawlessly and should be hear-able by Endrian now.

Leylyn casts ghost sound to mimic the noise

After giving Endrian a listen, she stops the spell and asks "Can you hear it now?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir, seeing that their small excursion has turned into a silly and entirely non-stealthy parade, casts Guidance on himself, then slinks off, following the noise as best he can.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

With everyone telling him and him actively straining, cant he take 10?


I'll allow the taking of the 10. Technically Aldus hasn't checked in yet, but I'll assume our bug eyed friend will follow the group for simplicity's sake.

Koldir:
As you slink off from the rest of the group, you manage to follow the clicking noises for a good while before coming to a dead halt. The section of the forest you find yourself in is literally entombed in webs, from forest floor to the rain soaked canopy above. The clicking noises can be heard all around you now, as is the stench of what you recognize as carrion and decay.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Seeing Koldir cast a spell and then begin to walk away quietly Jevon follows after him, motioning for the others to keep up. It was his intention to find the source of the noises from the beginning. When they come to the webbed up area, Jevon whispers "You smell that Koldir? This can't be good." He holds his sling ready in one hand.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

I am separate from everyone but having heard the sounds I'll investigate thinking it most likely either a prank or a natural animal sound and just to do something.

Perception to see Koldir (or the group): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon notices that a number of people have left their posts to go into the woods, but doesn't know why.

Did the scouts find something?

He gestures to the dirigible above to try to point them in the direction the others have headed and tells another nearby soldier. "Run to the lead and halt the caravan. Tell the captain we have a half dozen of us in the treeline and no word why. Might be nothing, but if it's not we want to be ready."

too many people just leaving their posts. I'll stay here just in case.


Leon:
Due to the current weather, the dirigible is currently grounded. In any case, not much use it can due inside the forest. In any case, the caravan was already taking shelter on the edge of the forest.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Taking Jevon's hint, Ithriel follows suit.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

When Koldir reaches the webbed area, he comes to a complete halt.

Well this doesn't seem good...

Assuming from the webs and the noises that the woods are full of spiders, the kind that can't be easily stepped on, Koldir begins backpedaling quietly, and watching his surroundings closely. If the effects of Guidance have worn off, he will use it again.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Perception with Aid Another and Guidance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"I... I think I hear it now..." Endrian's face has gone almost purple as he held his breath straining to hear the clicking noise that everyone had insisted on being present, some going so far as to make imitations of the sound to help him identify it.

"So should we really have wandered of in an attempt to find it?" Endrian queries.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Assuming everyone in the small group in the woods continues to follow Koldir, Jevon and Ithriel.

Jevon whispers, "Looks like we's got spiders. Better handle 'em before they attack camp." He looks around the small group for confirmation. "Shame it's raining, we could burn 'em out elsewise."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir looks over his shoulder at Jevon.

"Alternatively, we could alert camp and come back when more prepared for gods know how many vermin." He whispers.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Pfft. You really fink with all the noise we been makin' that we'd be able to get back to camp before they decide to eat us? Ha! You split me sides mate!" Jevon whispers back and then starts to giggle quietly.


I'll update the whole scenario tomorrow morning. For now, anyone who gets this, let me know where exactly you currently stand and each make a Perception check.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian is sticking with the people who have gone to investigate nature of the strange clicking sound from the forest. He is wearing his scale armour and has his warhammer strapped to his back.

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir has been slowly backing away from the webbed area. He casts another Guidance on himself, then prepares to create his illusory double if anything leaps from the webbing. Ready Action.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Ithriel is trying to keep himself positioned where he can see all of his companions at one time.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jevon will move to make a square around Ithriel and Leylyn with himself, Koldir, Baster and Endrian serving as the corners. "We should protect the lightly armored casters." he says, motioning them into position. He begins to twirl his sling and scans the branches above them intently.
Readied action to sling anything hostile that appears.
Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

After taking a few moments to inform the others of the situation, Leon decided to follow the rest.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

Exactly where we stand in relation to what?

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Aldus, you've missed a bit man. Go back up and read the last two of my important storyline posts.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim is somewhere heading for the webs but I haven't found the others yet but cant imagine I'm too far away, other side maybe?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Yup, I need to know if you're with the group having wandered off or still back at the wagons seeing as you haven't replied in a bit.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Matt, Game Master wrote:
Yup, I need to know if you're with the group having wandered off or still back at the wagons seeing as you haven't replied in a bit.

Ah yes, Aldus indeed follows the party on the off chance that they might need his abilities.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]
Quote:

Jevon will move to make a square around Ithriel and Leylyn with himself, Koldir, Baster and Endrian serving as the corners.

"We should protect the lightly armored casters." he says, motioning them into position.

Baster moves to the left of Jevon, making himself one of the tactical square's corner delineated by the tall warrior.

He draws his longsword with his right hand, and uncoils his scorpion whip with his left hand, standing at the ready with his two weapons.

"Let us draw spiders' blood, then." he says with a smirk.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

"If at all possible, could we attempt to not slay them all? These are living creatures band have there place in the world. So if they start to pull back, let them."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster nods at Ithriel's words.


Initiative:

Baster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ithriel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Koldir: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Aldus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Endrian: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Leylyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Leon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Jevon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Tim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

As your group comes into the web entombed glade, the clicking noises intensify. Movement from the canopy above, followed by a loud peal of thunder and lightning reveal a network of skittering spiders of various sizes, ranging from smaller than your hand to as large as a dog. Your appearance in their nesting ground startles some, but aggravates a few others which drop to the floor and seem ready to skitter towards you.

Two Giant Spiders drop in front of the group, 30 ft. away and ready to move forward. Meanwhile, a Spider Swarm skitters down from the canopy and drops behind the group a mere 5 ft. away from the last person.

The webbed floor counts as difficult terrain.

Spider Initiatives:

Giant Spider: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Giant Spider: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Spider Swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Note that I will not be using a battle map. It takes too long to continuously modify so I will run battles differently. I will post the spider's tactics last, allowing players to declare all their actions first. I will ask player actions to follow the following format simply to aid my task.

Round #
Initiative
Location: (Approximate of course, more as in Front, Back, Center, Behind a tree, etc)
Actions to be taken (I allow players to declare multiple actions depending on what will occur before them.)


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Round 1
Initiative: 21
Location: Between the squishy casters and the giant spiders, near Jevon

Koldir acts first, and splits into two parts, each one of them appearing to firing a bolt at the nearest giant spider.

Attack against flatfooted spider: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Koldir has a -2 penalty here due to firing the crossbow with one hand. He won't be able to reload it while still making use of his shield.

The two Koldirs yell to the party.

"That swarm won't be harmed by a blade or bolt! Which of ye can hurt it? I've got vermin repellent in my bag if one of ye can grab it!

401 to 450 of 1,339 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.