Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


351 to 400 of 1,339 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"Don't know. Trouble." Leon says over his shoulder.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Koldir doesn't see the star, already drifting off into sleep. It's unlikely it would have meant anything to him anyways.

In the morning, hearing a commotion, Koldir heads to its source.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Test of Will: conc.:
When Leylyn wakes up, she sits up and stretches, as if waking up in Endrian's bedroll wasn't a strange occurrence. She gives Endrian a chance to say something if he wishes.

She bats the fluffball out of her face and then uses the same hand to rub at her right eye sleepily. She then runs the same hand slowly down her face in an even more tiresome manner. "Mornings are evil... You think they have coffee or something?" Leylyn ask's groggily.

Leylyn gets undressed with the same amount of modesty that she did the night before. She sings a few magical lyrics and she rubs her body down, magically cleaning it in mere moments. She then gets dressed. She frowns down a bit at the clothes and armor. But she then sings a few more magical tunes, and voila, her armor and clothes are a different shade of color. "There, that better reflects myself for the now..."

Leylyn looks over to Endrian and gets that mischievous look again. "Hey Endrian, would you like me to give you my special, sensual, magical cleansing. ;3 It will make you cleaner than actually washing, and it is the least I can do for keeping me within your divine protection."

Leylyn has been spamming Prestidigitation. If it wasn't obvious.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Leylyn helps with the preparations, those paying attention notice that she is wearing a different set of clothes and armor, or perhaps the same set of clothes and armor, but in a green style of color, instead of the red that was yesterday.

When the shouting starts, Leylyn sets down what has to be her third cup of coffee. "Fiiinally something interesting!" And she bolts off in the direction of the action, joining up with Leon, Endrian, Devon, and any of the others on the way. "Hey guys, long time no see, so what do you think is going on? Bandits? a quarrel? Poker game gone wrong? Oh, maybe its a..." Leylyn's guesses don't stop, and continue to get more farfetched as she runs out of reasonable possibilities... At least until they arrive or someone cuts of her speaking.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

In response to the test of Will:

As Leylyn gets up, Endrian asks "Did you sleep ok? I don't think I snore, but I've never asked... Do I snore?

When Leylyn asks about coffee, a puzzled look grows on Endrian's face "Coffee?"

As Leylyn 'bathes', Endrian once again does his best to avoid looking directly at Leylyn. He only slips up the once this time as he absent mindedly looks around and ends up staring at Leylyn for a couple of seconds before realising and quickly averting his gaze, going a rather embarassing vermillion.

When she offers to 'bathe' him, he replies "Ummm... Uhhh... I really appreciate the offer, but I... I'll get myself cleaned up at the end of the day. I uhhh... Hope that uhhh... The night was ok and that I was an ummmm... Sufficient pillow..."


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Test of will:
"Snore? Hahaha, that's the funniest thing I have ever been asked when waking up next to somebody! Do I snore? Priceless! Ahem! No sir knight, you slept soundlessly! Leylyn says with a giggle.

"Alright, suite yourself! Let me know if you ever want to reconsider, it doesn't take long." Leylyn says, clapping out magical dust from her undusty hands. "And yes, if I would have to rate your pillow-y-ness, I would rate it a high 8, maybe even a 9. Would snuggle again. I'll pass the word around to all my friends that your chest is among the pillow-y-est."

And with that Leylyn stands up and gives the young naive Paladin a formal bow. "Thank-you Endrian, my Knight of the Night. I shall see you later. If it is not too much trouble, I would wish to abuse your hospitality again tonight! Thankyou!" And with that she leaves the tent to start the day.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Test of will:

Just as Leylyn has burst out of the tent, Endrian half goes to say, half sighs "Ummmmm... Bye..."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Ithriel sleeps soundly through the night, without seeing or sensing anything.

Just before the sun comes up, he packs up his bedroll and other gear and heads to the copse of trees again.

Believing no one around, he begins his Elven Meditation Dance and song again.

Song:
Ithilinde templa,

Miqula romen lisse,

Sul tel'lina,

Quanta ar'tiri coia.

Forgot to mention last time that this is sung seven times

When finished, Ithriel dons his armor and heads back to the camp. He arrives back just in time to hear the shouts.

And it was such a quiet morning too. Sighs and gets to the source of the commotion as fast as he can.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Perception for the Shooting Star: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Tim Heads over to the commotion and tries to cool down any angry people and asks what is wrong.(though he'll probably see it before asking but hey just in case he needs to ask.)


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Matt, Game Master wrote:
The next morning comes around soon though and the camp slowly packs up the material and makes preparation to get underway. Halfway through packing one of the wagons a shout followed by exclamations of anger ring through the camp. The sound seems to be coming from one of the rear wagons.

Aldus will shuffle off in that direction with bird squaking on his shoulder.


Well that should be everyone so let's carry on

As you approach the commotion near the end of the wagons, you clearly notice a large circle of men. Shouts of "Hit 'em right in the smacker!" and "Make that noble sissyboy weep Tylus!" ring out through the air.

In the center of the group of men, you spot Baster on one side of the inner circle, with another man slowly getting to his feet, aided by some lackeys. The men are obviously quite furious at Baster and make clear their intentions to give him a sound beating for having apparently knocked their friend to the ground.

The cheers of the men urge both sides to battle.

Perception DC 10:
You notice that even a few officers are present and seem quite content to not intervene.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Never one to jump to conclusion, Koldir makes no attempt to intervene, although he makes sure to get close enough to act if something more serious occurs. He's a little amused by the whole situation.

Well this is an interesting turn of events... I wonder who just did what?

Does Koldir notice anything else with that ridiculous perception roll?


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks coldly at the man being helped to his feet, while keeping track of the others gathered around him out of the corner of his eyes.

He snorts derisively and says with a voice dripping contempt: "Why don't you stay where you belong, whelp, groveling on the ground at the feet of your better ?"

GM Matt:
Bluff to mask Baster's worry at being surrounded by enemies: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Perception DC 17:
Though he tries hard not to show it, Baster is seriously worried at being alone surrounded by all this hostile people. He knows he is in a tight spot.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Jevon shoves his way to the front of the crowd gathered around the brawl. Quickly taking in the situation, he sees that Baster is worried under his braggadocio. Arrogant bastard seems to have earned himself a beating. Can't have him getting hisself killed though. He shoves his way into Baster's field of vision and gives him a big wink. He then surreptitiously draws and loads his sling before continuing to watch the action.

Slight of Hand to disguise actions w/ sling1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Gets as close as he can to Baster, but will only intervene if it turns deadly.

Baster's Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Doesn't see anything that might be off.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Leylyn takes one quick look at the situation and walks right into the middle of the circle. She addresses the entire crowd, not taking any side. "Now now boys, I don't know what really happened here, and frankly I don't really care. Nobody will be beating nobody in the smacker, unless they want to go through me first. Is that Clear?" Leylyn says, looking to both Baster and the other men, cracking her knuckles. Those whom may have forgotten due to her fun loving nature are reminded that Leylyn is actually quite tall and quite strong for a woman, possible a match or more for most of the men here.

Intimidate 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If the men don't jump her and hear her out...:
"Now how about we all stop making our entire operation look like a big joke and we talk this out like adults here." She says as she offers her hand to the man that is trying to get back on his feat. My name is Leylyn, what was your name sir? Baster, Come over here, lets have a chat and smooth this all out... The rest of you, get back to work, the show is over!" Leylyn says, giving everyone one of those stares that makes everyone want to make themselves scarce. Leylyn turns towards Endrian, but then stops and shakes her head. She then turns to Koldir, and waves him over. Sorry Endrian, your too gullible!


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Awww! She's gonna spoil the fun. Oh well, I guess it's for the best... As Leylyn steps into the ring and gives her little speech a somewhat dejected look spreads across Jevon's face. He then sighs and puts his game face back on. Carefully observing the crowd for anyone who might have any stupid ideas.

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Seeing Leylyn burst forth, feeling compelled to help her, Endrian strides forward, saying "Listen to the lady, the fighting stops here. Anyone who so much as lays a finger on her will have to deal with me. I strongly advise you all stand down."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

At this Jevon can no longer contain himself. He bursts out, "Oi! Look at these officers doing nothing to intervene! Aint one of you thought for jus' a sekend that maybe Baster's got what's comin'? Le's hear it Sir Peacock, what'd the poor bloke do to deserve a batter'n?" He thrusts his head forward while simultaneously shrugging his shoulders and opening his hands palm up, as if to say Well?

Still have the loaded sling palmed.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Waiting to see what the general reactions are before Koldir responds to Leylyn.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks at Jevon with sudden outrage.

"I most certainly don't have to explain my actions to you, Jevon !" he bursts out.

He then speaks to the menacing men gathered around him and Leylyn, trying all the while to control his anger through his clenched teeth.

"It's natural to want to help his ally, no matter how misguided he may be. But I offert that we all back down, like the lady and the paladin kindly suggested, before this little situation devolves into an all out brawl !"

Will save to calm down: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"And you all get your insubordinate hides handed to you !" the nobleman shouts, unable to control himself any longer.

FYI Baster wears no armor at the moment. He has his scorpion whip at his side.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian turns to Leylyn and says, "Did he just say what I think he just said?" as a surprised and shocked expression dawns on his face.

He then turns to Baster and says, "You better have a damn good reason for this, and I you so much think as to tell me to know my place, I will step aside and take Leylyn with me."


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Oh lookie! Basty-wasty's angwy" Jevon says in a mocking tone. Then suddenly becoming deadly serious he stares straight into Baster's face and says, "Now speak plainly before I lose my temper too." No hint of his usual gutter accent or mocking tone is present. He steps forward accompanied by the sound of cracking knuckles as his hands ball into fists. I'll be damned before I see him lash the hide off another ignorant whoreson for no reason.

Readied action to Rage and grapple Baster if he does anything other than explain himself clearly.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks at Endrian.
"What ?"

Perception DC 10:
He looks as shocked as the paladin is.

GM Matt:
Intelligence check to understand what the hell has just gotten into the usually mild-mannered paladin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Baster has no clue to why Endrian is angry at him.

Bluff check to hide the violent emotions surging through the nobleman: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Perception DC 5:

I am betrayed again ! Surrounded by enemies ! Is this a trap ?
Baster has no clue to why Endrian is angry at him.

When Baster said "insubordinate" he was speaking about the friends of his opponent (the man getting off the ground), who surround him. He never thought about Endrian or Leylyn as insubordinates.

Baster steels himself. He looks at Leylyn, his face a blank mask with intense eyes.

GM Matt:
Bluff check to hide emotions: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Perception DC 5:
Something akin to a flash of despair passes through Baster's eyes as he locks gaze with Leylyn.

Are you too going to betray me, Leylyn ? Is your hand poised to deliver the killing blow ?

Baster's paranoia has gotten hold of him, and he seems ready to erupt in insensate violence unless someone defuses this insane imbroglio.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"You heard me. Why would you seek to provoke these men? You need to calm down for a minute before you go hurling insults, especially when we are doing our best to keep a group of angry men from delivering a beating you may or may not deserve. We need the whole story, that was all our friend Jevon was asking for."


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Jevon nods curtly. His nostrils are still flaring as he breathes heavily, however his fists slowly unclench. A takes a half-step back with his left foot, lessening the threat of his stance.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Listens very calmly to everything said.

Perception 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Sees the shocked look on Baster's face.

Perception 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Believes Baster has some sort of internal dialog going on.

Perception 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Seeing the despair flash across Baster's face, Ithriel steps forward and directly in front of Sir Peacock.

"Dear friend, I know not the whole story of this incident, but let me assure you of one thing. You are among friends here, and friends do not attempt to slay each other at the drop of a hat."

Extends his hand forward towards Baster.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Of all the times to roll a natural 1.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

GM Matt:
Will save to control himself: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Something happens to Baster. He straightens himself and breathes evenly.

He glances at the whip at his side, but makes no move to seize it.

"It was infortunate to mention "hides", I realize."

When he speaks, his tone is precise.

He looks at the man facing him, who has now gotten to his feet.

"You, Tylus, I heard you calling me "bastard" behind my back. When I confronted you about that, you told me to "Go f&*& myself", under the faulty assumption that you being backed by your sniggering friends would stay my hand."

"So I punched you square in the face with my fist, like any man with self-respect would. Your speedy demise angered your misguided friends here, who apparently decided that you should continue to fight with me."

"So these friends of yours were trying to make you recover your senses and hauling you back on your feet."

Baster looks at Leylyn, a question unspoken in his eyes:

Are you going to turn your back on me ?

"That is when Jevon arrived. And then you, Leylyn, and Endrian. And Ithriel... and Burrin."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks Endrian in the eye:

"If you really think that I was gonna kill a man in the same army as me for a misguided insult, you do not understand me, paladin."

Baster tries to make himself clear:

"If someone mortally insulted me - and if he was of a sufficient enough rank for me to bother - I would formally defy him to enter the lists with me. Then we would fight. Then I would defeat him."

He pauses to reflect.

"And if I was inclined to kill him to avenge my honor, I would ask Captain Pelemynn's permission beforehand."

The nobleman shrugs.

"But I digress. My honor is intact here despite the... antics of this Tylus."

Baster looks at Leylyn without seeming to realize it.

Do you believe me ? Because I spoke the truth here. Does it matter ?


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster blinks and shakes himself out of his Leylyn's induced trance.

He then grasps Ithriel's forearm in a spontaneous warrior's gesture. He looks him in the eye with an almost frightening intensity.

"Friends we are, Ithriel Latairn."

That has the unmistakable gravitas of an oath.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster lets go of Ithriel's forearm and looks at Jevon.

"Well, it looks like I finally explained myself to you, after all."

A pause.

"Such are the vagaries of life, I suppose."

It's difficult to ascertain what Baster thinks just right now.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster steps outside the circle of men.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks at "Burrin".

He has a little non-commital smile.

"You are a most prudent... dwarf, aren't you, Burrin ?" he says, not unkindly.

That is not some kind of insult. That's not meant to be an insult, at the very least.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

As he listens to Baster, Jevon's stance relaxes the rest of the way and he actually begins to grin. "Fair 'nuf mate. Might've done the same meself. I fink it's that 'orrid thing what gives the wrong impression." He waggles his finger at Baster's scorpion whip, with an exaggerated, Jim Carrey-like look of disgust. Without further comment he turns on a heel and begins back in the direction of his breakfast, as though nothing at all had happened.

Off to DM my real life game now. Assuming nothing crazy happens in the next few hours, Jevon will finish his breakfast and reboard the zeppelin.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Just before quitting the scene of the commotion, Baster looks at the officers still gathered around the circle and who didn't intervene.

"Your restraint is duly noted, gentlemen. Good day to you. There was no need to be afraid, after all." he says in an sweet tone of voice.

That was a veiled insult.

After that final remark, Baster makes himself scarce in that part of the camp. He's not entirely unreasonable, after all.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

As Baster walks off, Endrian hurries to follow him.

When he catches up, he explains "Sir Baster, you must understand my position. From what I saw, a man was lying on the ground after having been involved in some scuffle that you appeared to have also been in. I then attempted to diffuse the situation, putting myself alongside Leylyn in between you and those brutes. However, your hot head allowed you to yell insults at them, provoking them.

At this point, you had also refused to explain yourself so that we had a better idea of what was going on. I was in a bind where it looked like you only wanted a fight and I have found that it is better to just let things be in those situations and I was going to get myself and Leylyn to safety while you satiated what I had assumed was a need for violence.

I am sorry for my words, and I retract them as they were clearly misguided. Forgive me, Sir Knight?"


That was very well handled people, I'm sorry I wasn't able to be awake at that time to give you the crowd's interaction but to summarize: The appearance of such a large group of people in the circle visibly puts off the crowd as their anger is quelled by your presence. Even Tylus and his lackeys seem put off enough to back down without further aggression.

Perception or Sense Motive DC 20:

The few officers on watch seem to give each other a knowing wink or a smiling nod as if this was all planned perhaps.

Also, as was previously mentioned, I level up characters at certain benchmarks in the story. You are already close enough to the first benchmark to start thinking about your next level choices.

After the incident around the rear wagons, the crowd disperses and resumes their daily task of preparing the camp for travel once again.

With everyone now back to their stations, the Seekers pack up and move out towards their objective with due haste. The weather has taken a turn for the worse it seems as dark clouds loom on the horizon behind the distant mountains and cold winds blow down from the north. Captain Pelemynn himself halts the group for a short time in order to communicate with his forward scouts.

Soon, the call is answered and the dirigible is ordered down from the sky.

Moments later, heavy rain begins pouring down from the skies, drenching everyone and freezing the mood. (Except Leylyn's probably) Then, a flash of bright white lights up the sky as the first lightning strikes the distance.

"Get the wagons into shelter of the trees. We'll wait this storm out, no sense in pursuing now," commands the Captain.

The Seekers take refuge in the woods and set about preparing cover for the non waterproof items and making sure the draft animals don't bolt and run.

Perception 10:

The dark woods echo from time to time with clicking noises and the odd shrill cry.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir begins to step forward in response to Leylyn's summons, but as everyone else seems intent on butting into the conflict, he does not. Knowing that his diplomatic skills leave something to be desired, he waits cautiously, ready to cast a Sleep spell on anyone who makes a true attempt at violence.

Sense motive to see how close Baster is coming to losing control (with Guidance): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

As the situation defuses, he steps further back into the crowd. At Baster's comment he gives a curt nod in the noble's direction, and heads away, appalled at how quickly the situation had escalated, but relieved that bloodshed had not occurred.

This group is an earnest plea for trouble... I've seen street packs with less inner conflict. There's something about that noble, he's more dangerous than Jevon, in his own way... I wish I were better at speaking, because this group needs a few words and the officers don't seem keen on giving them.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Absorbed in his thoughts, Koldir fails to notice the winks exchanged by the officers. He makes a mental note to meet with Leylyn and/or Endrian about talking to the group

----- TIME JUMP -----

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Koldir goes about doing whatever needs to be done to keep everyone dry, safe, and comfortable. Since he's rarely in a 'good' mood, the rain does little to dampen his spirits further, and he actually finds himself rather cheery, comparatively to the grumbles and groans of the soggy men around him.

Huzzah for beating DCs with natural 1s!


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Working in the rear guard, Endrian will endeavor to ensure that none of the animals escape behind him with the rest of his fellow men.

Once he has aided in ensuring they don't escape, he will work to herd them together where the force is headed in the woods.

He will also be very careful checking to make sure no one is left behind and lost.

Once in the forest, he will assist in setting up shelter and waterproofing for the men and perishables.

He will then erect his tent and seek out Leylyn to make sure that she is safe from the weather.

"Leylyn, I have erected my tent, quickly, get inside and try to stay as dry as possible. The cold can do terrible things to people and I'd hate to see you in any form of danger".


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Baster doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary

Regarding Endrian

Quote:
"I am sorry for my words, and I retract them as they were clearly misguided. Forgive me, Sir Knight?"

Baster takes time to think Endrian's tirade through.

"I forgive you most assuredly, Endrian." he says in a firm tone.

"I see now that appearances were deceptive... as they are wont to be."

He glances at the other seven Seekers of the special detachment.

"We are armed men... and woman. I must assume that we are warriors, dealing with violence and death."
He has a thoughtful glance for Ithriel. "Most of us, anyway."

"And we've just met, Endrian: knights and men-at-arms, commoners and nobles. Singer and whipper. It's only natural that we are suspicious of each others' motives. We don't know each other yet."

He pauses.

"When we will know who we are, the nine of us, I hope we will come to appreciate our fellow Seeker."

He has a strange quirky smile full of dark humour.

"May Eveldine have mercy on us: maybe we will hate each other's guts !"

He has a sideways glance for Endrian.

"Whoever I appear to be to you, Sir Paladin, know this one thing about myself: I am a loyal man in my own uncompromising way."

His eyes glint with the potentiality of violence.

"Endrian, you said you would die if need be to protect each one of us."

"I would risk my life to take a bloody painful revenge against anyone who would strike down one of my allies."

The nobleman concludes: "That is the way of the Peacock. That is the pride of greater men."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster participates in the joint effort to keep all things dry, beginning with his own precious mare.

While doing that he makes a conscious effort to stay in close proximity to the other Seekers from the special detachment.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16

What are those... clicking noises ? And that shrill cry ?

Shouting to Burrin, who happens to be close by, through the rain and the thunder:
"Hey, Burrin! Did you hear those strange noises coming from the wood ?"


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon had stood by, quietly watching while the others resolved their differences.

I can practically hear my grandfather sighing about boys and pecking orders. Best to just let them be unless things actually get dangerous.

Looking around at the rest and their reactions, Leon began to get a sense of his companions.

Sir Baster and Jevon are definitely ones to keep an eye on. I've seen men like them before working the fields. Too much pride. There's more going on than either of them show. Maybe I can help get them both looking in the same direction."

Hurrying back to his post, Leon began thinking of how to tackle this problem.

Should be just like patching a roof. Strip away the rot. Lay a new base. Shingle to armor and bind.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Hearing the strange clicking noises coming from the woods Jevon decides there are more than enough people to take care of the wagons. Wanting to clear his head after the rough morning, he wanders off in whatever direction the noises are coming from. Probably just the branches in the wind, but it's worth a look-see. The cold rain soaks him but he finds it oddly refreshing. A night out in the rain was a familiar sensation for him, and the Seekers had supplied a nice woolen cloak. He continues on for an hour or so, often stopping to listen.

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir looks over at Baster, noting the difference in his demeanor since the last time they'd made eye contact. "Aye, I heard them. The woods can harbor all manner of unpleasant things, I prefer the streets, leastwise there I know the score..."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Perception to notice Jevon wandering deeper into the woods: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Well, Burrin, it seems that contrary to you our rough-looking companion enjoys strolling into the woods."
says the nobleman as he points to Jevon walking out of sight behind the trunk of an old oak tree partially masked by the rain curtain.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

The dwarf grunts. "He's got a keen desire to find trouble, that one. He should watch himself, or he's like to find it." His expression changes slightly, the shadow of a grin and something more flickering across his face before he speaks again, softly, almost under his breath. "We all are."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"What do you say we follow him ?" asks Baster somewhat unexpectedly.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir looks around, silent for a moment, then turns his head back towards Baster. "Very well, as long as I'm a scout I may as well scout somethin' out... It's been somewhat borin' around here anyways, apart from yer antics this mornin', let's see what the woods have in store."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

After Baster gripped his arm and spoke, Ithriel places his other hand in the center of his chest and bows his head.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

*Shakes head at the irony*

Sees the officers reaction and wonders, was this some sort of test?

Finishes packing and takes his position in mid column.

When they get to the woods, Ithriel finds the dryest spot he can, then arranges the branches to make a canopy over them.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

What an odd sound. Reaches into his memory to see if he may have heard the sound from his woodland home.

DM:
If allowed: Intelligence check for memory: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Keeps his ears open, Since I can't see past 30 ft, while helping where he can to waterproof the gear. His thoughts keep wandering back to his past and the strange sound.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"My "antics", he ?" says Baster with a sardonic smile.

"Let's trail the big guy !".

Baster, followed or preceded by Burrin, penetrates into the wood, in the darkness of the great soaked oaken trees - confident that between the company of the dwarf and his own brutal talents he can handle any danger.

Survival (untrained) check to get his bearings in the wood: 1d20 ⇒ 4

I'm glad "Burrin" is coming along 0_° !


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

As an afterthought, Baster leaves a trail of his and Burrin's passage through the woods by cutting (with his dagger) some marks in the trees along the way.

I wonder if that trick really works should anyone actually attempt to follow us.

351 to 400 of 1,339 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.