Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


301 to 350 of 1,339 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Ill take aerial recon, assuming mounts or someone casts on me otherwise Ill take scouting.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4
Ithriel Latairn wrote:
"Dear lady, is there something beyond my sight that troubles you? I am confused of what you speak of."

Leylyn sighs as she gives the rope to Baster. She then puts a hand on Ithriel's shoulder and says in what sounds like complete gibberish to everyone but Ithriel...

Elven:

"I was just making light of the situation. I found it quite funny. I believe the crude humor must have been lost in translation..."

Leon wrote:
He gave the young bard a wan smile and said "Goodnight then."
Endrian wrote:
Endrian feeling pleased with himself and the others, bids everyone good night saying "Well friends, there is still time to sleep this night. Godnight and sleep well."

Leylyn blows the puffball out of her face again and smiles a bright and contagious smile. "Goodnight, Endrian, Lee, and everyone else! I have no idea how I'm supposed to get to sleep after all that... whatever that..." Leylyn motions to the mess of the kitchen with her hands. "...Whatever that was, but I will see you all in the morning, at our date with the captain!" And with that she gives a comically formal bow, and makes her way merrily to her room.

Leylyn will take the middle. She plans to play her flute and sing as the group travels, so the more that can hear her the better! :3


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jevon walks in just in time to hear the captain. I guess this is all wrapped up then. Waving to everyone without saying anything Jevon goes back upstairs to bed, hoping to get in some good rest before the morn.

I'll take aerial recon as well


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

After hearing Leylyn's explaination, Ithriel thinks, I still do not understand, maybe someday these humans will make sense.

Places hand upon chest, bows to everyone in the room and says, "Until the morrow, my fellow companions, have a blessed evening." With that he heads back to his room to resume his sleep meditation.

I shall take up a position in the middle, as I can not do much good with my limited vision.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir slips away as soon as possible, slightly embarrassed by the attention. He heads directly for his bed, anxious to catch up on lost sleep.

Koldir would take either Scouting or Aerial Recon, depending on how the aerial part works, as he has keen senses.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

Aldus will fix himself an Irish Coffee before returning to his spot and settling into sleep.

Middle


I'll put up the post later on today as it's 1 AM and I'm still studying for college exams. Aerial Recon takes place in an inflated dirigible tied down to an armored wagon.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir is actually quite afraid of heights that aren't mountains, so he's going to take scouting.


Welcome back adventurers! The adventure finally hits it off for real as you depart from the Lion's Mortar. As mentioned, it will take about a week of travel so the posts will be divided by days 1-7 for simplicity's sake.

Day 1
The road stretches out before you as the Seekers depart from the Legion's Mortar. Divided into formations, the company marches proudly ahead, the Tiger's Eye dirigible, floating gracefully on by overhead. While the calm, quiet morning slowly fades into a restful noon, your group begins to march along the border of the Verdenwald, a small forest just north of Ariellons.

The company essentially consists of a retinue of veteran military from both Nivmadas and Keddenmark, a cadre of wizards and clerics to aid in case of healing and research, an elite group of rangers and rogues known simply as the Wolves and the newly recruited applicants.

Earlier this morning, Captain Pelemynn had taken you aside. "You've shown yourself to be more than capable of taking care not only of yourselves but of others as well. I'm hereby promoting all nine of you to a special detachment. You'll be in charge of the other applicants for now."

As time passes on by, the Seekers finally make their camp for the day beside the remnants of an old woodland shrine, situated near a stream and small copse. Tents are soon mustered and everyone readies for the evening.

Simply describe your actions for the rest of the day


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

Aldus is gonna let Bird fly around for a while, opening the cage he pulls Bird out onto his gloved hand. Looking him in the eyes Aldus opens his mouth like he's going to say something but he doesn't. He holds out his arm and Bird takes flight.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon spends most of his time quietly watching the scenery, apparently lost in thought. During their stop for lunch he takes it on himself to fix a squeaky wheel on the wagon with some lamp oil and a whittled shim to raise the load on the axle slightly.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Moves off to the copse of trees, and believing that no one is looking, begins an Elven Meditation Dance.

This is a ritual to clear his mind and make him one with the trees.

Sings a traditional Elven Lyric.

"Ithilinde templa,
Miqula romen lisse,
Sul tel'lina,
Quanta ar'tiri coia."


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian spent most of the day making himself known as a friendly person to those in the rear guard.

Diplomacy to "Make friends": 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

As the group comes to set up camp for the night, Endrian busied himself helping everyone out, seeing to it that Tim, Baster and Leylyn's shelters were looked after in particular.

He then sits down at the nearest fire and listens to what others have to say.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir travels with the scouting party, his keen eyes and ears making sure the group is not ambushed. He doesn't strike up much conversation, but responds amiably enough to those that speak to him. If any of those he had spoken to in the bar join the scouting party he rides with them.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jevon has often traveled this way before, but never in the air. He grins like a child for most of the day, thoroughly enjoying the wide open views and fresh air. He's even in a good enough mood to be nice to Tim. Listening politely to him all day, and refraining from any sass. When evening comes, he will seek out Koldir. Not wishing to put out his taciturn friend, he greets him with a simple "Oi." and after settling down next to him, sets about packing his pipe with the sweet herb he is so fond of. After taking a few drags, he offers it to Koldir.

Fast forward a few minutes because I don't know how Koldir will react.

After finishing the pipe, Jevon will head to the stream and strip off all his clothes and armor. Making sure to leave his axe within grasping distance on the bank, he washes the sweat and dust from his body before putting his gear back on and finding somewhere dry and cozy to sleep.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim will inquire with those in the know about the dirigible, finding out everything he can, as he wants one some day and figures he might have to make one himself.

Otherwise he cleans up and inspects his camp area and tent and tests how strong the supports are. He then uses some twigs and an extra blanket to give the appearance of sleeping in the middle of the tent but actually sleeping behind the bags lining the edge. (he's only paranoid about sleeping, the rest of the time he just keeps a good lookout with slight paranoia, he doesn't believe everyone is out to get him, just those with very big bounties)

Ooh wait, can he sleep in the dirigible? :D


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"Moi?! In charge of others!? ...Muwahahaha..! Leylyn laughs maniacally, making a comically sinister show of rubbing her hands together.

Leylyn looks up at the dirigible as it takes to the air. "Whooooa. I think I joined the wrong routine, maybe... As they march, Leylyn plays her flute to help boost moral. Occasionally she brakes her flute playing with a well known folk song, such as...

All Around my Hat!:

♫~All Around My Hat!~♫

"Everyone, If you don't know the lyrics, learn them as we go, and Sing Along!"

Male Perspective

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

Fare thee well cold winter, and fare thee well cold frost.~♫
For nothing I have gained, but my own true love have lost.~♪
So sing and I'll be merry, when occasion I do see- ~♬
She's a false deluded lover, let her go, fare well she.~♪

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

The other day I brought her a fine golden ring:~♫
I asked her to marry, but oh what an awful thing.~♪
I thought that she loved me, 'til she began to laugh~♬
She showed me the door and threw out my hat.~♪

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

Take a quarter pound of reason, and a half pound of sense,~♫
A small sprig of time, and a pinch of prudence,~♪
Now mix then all together and you and you will plainly see: ~♬
She's a false deluded lover, let her go, fare well she.~♪

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

Female Perspective

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

Fare thee well cold winter, and fare thee well cold frost.~♫
Oh nothing I have gained, but my own true love have lost.~♪
So sing and I'll be merry, when occasion I do see- ~♬
He's a false deluded young man, let him go, fare well he.~♪

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

Now the other day he brought me a fine diamond ring:~♫
but he thought to deprive me of a far finer thing.~♪
But I being careful, as true lovers ought to be, ~♬
He's a false deluded young man, let him go fare well he.~♪

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

Take a quarter pound of reason, and a half pound of sense,~♫
A small sprig of time, and a pinch of prudence,~♪
Now mix then all together and you will plainly see: ~♬
He's a false deluded young man, let him go, fare well he.~♪

All around my hat, I will wear the green willow,~♫
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.~♪
And if anyone should ask me the reason why I'm wearin' it,~♬
It's all for my true love who's far, far, away~♪

When they brake for camp, Leylyn talks and plays with anyone who's game. It's obvious she just loves to enjoy herself, and she enjoys making other people happy. She seems to try extra hard with those that seem to not want to come out of their shell...

...So it should come to no surprise that she is constantly bugging Leon. "Hey Lee! What'cha doing over here by your loathsome? Come over to the fire with everyone else and we can all tell tales of great Heros, or sing fun forlk songs, or bluff about our personal great achievements, or we can even sing songs about our personal faulse heroic acheivments! Com'on I know you want too! I bet you have a ton of whatever I just said that you can contribute!"

When at the fire with everyone else, Dragging Leon if she has to, She makes merry with the rest of the party that is there, along with anyone else. If Devon is there and offerin, Leylyn will take a hit off the pipe. "Smoooth..." Leylyn coughs out. "Does anyone hear that? I could swear I can here singing..." Leylyn says looking around from her seat at the fire for what could make the noise, but anable to see where it could be coming from. "Awww...I don't hear it anymore... I think I am going to try to play to what I heard..." And Leylyn pulls out her flute and plays a soft tune that could reasonable have gone well with Ithriel's song. "...By the way, where did Ithriel go? I could have swore he was with me and Lee in the middle, right?!"

Not sure if the company is providing tents or not. Leylyn does not have a tent of her own.

When Endrian comes by to check on Leylyn's sleeping arangments, Leylyn gets that mischievous twinkle in her eye. Ohohoho, I can't help but tease him...

Leylyn lays the melodrama on thick. "Endrian, I'm in a bind. I'm the only girl here, and there are all of these... men. What is going to stop them from taking advantage of poor, defenseless, totally vulnerable, me in the night?! I don't even have a tent! Ohh, What's a girl to do..? You... you said you would protect me right? Maybe... I should share a tent with you, you being a chivalrous, law abiding, damsel in distress saving, dragon fighting, uhh... Paladin and all... I know you won't take advantage of me, and no one in their right mind would try to cross you~." Leylyn finishes with the classic puppy dog eyes.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian, being glad to have been asked to look after someone so clearly distressed, offers his assistance the second Leylyn finishes.

"Oh but of course my lady, I will do everything I can to protect your honour. Perhaps it would be even safer should I keep watch outside throughout the night. What do you think?"


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"But how will you sleep then? Your nearnessness should be more than enough to keep ruffians at bay! Besides you should be well rested if something actually happens. Trying to stay up all night will only endanger both of our safety."


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"Well, that is a fair point. I could endanger you further should I attempt to remain on watch all night. You can spend the night in my tent then Leylyn. I will see to it that you go through the night unblemished."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

After finishing his dance, he heads towards the campfire. Ithriel arrives at the fire just as Endrian finishes pledging to Leylyn safe for the night.

On his way back, he spots some berries. Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11. If he identifies them as non-poisonous, he grabs as much has he can, and takes them to the fire, offering any who want some.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster spends all day astride his war steed, in full scale mail armor with his lance, longsword and longbow at his side, except for the noon break.

Skein, as it is called, is a great grey mare, her robe smooth like mother-of-pearl beneath her impressive scale mail barding.

She steadfastly supports her cavalier and his floating banner (featuring on an azure background a peacock with its wings deployed standing on a thorny rosebush) throughout the day without showing any sign of tiredness, occasionally smacking menacingly with her mouth at other horses venturing too close to her.

Baster doesn't socialize much on this first day, seemingly content to ride across the open road.

Twice during the day, he breaks formation and launches his mare at a full gallop, for no reason other than the sheer fierce joy of thundering on the road on his deadly steed, lance at the ready, in a ominous rehearsal of the battles to come.

When Leylyn sings a folk song he catches on like the other riders, even adding some bawdier rhymes of his own.

Perform to sing suitably bawdy rhymes from a strict male perspective 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

When it becomes clear that he's not good at all at singing improvisations, he doesn't seem to care, though he takes care not to inflict them for long on his hapless companions.

When the Seekers make their camp, Baster tends thoroughly and affectionately to his mount before doing anything else.

When that is done, he quits his scale mail armor and helps the others with making the camp, like the officer he quite evidently considers himself to be.

Then he goes to sit around the fire, with the other eight Seekers in the special detachment.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"I'm curious, Endrian: have you taken a vow of chastity ? I'm asking because I have heard that paladins are addicted to terrible oaths." says Baster to Endrian, as he accepts quite graciously the berries offered by Ithriel (if any).

At Ithriel Latairn:
"Thank you, fair one, for this small bounty of the Land" says Baster to Ithriel in a slightly accented though perfectly good elvish.

At GM Matt:
During the day, Baster tried to decipher the coat of arms of Leon, to ascertain (if at all possible) the origins and social standing of the somber warrior.
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

This takes place during my earlier fast forwarded time

Jevon will gladly offer the pipe to Leylyn, and anyone else who wants some. It's effects are calming, analgesic and slightly euphoric. It does make you quite hungry though. With that in mind after the pipe makes its round(s?) Jevon says, "I'm gunna go an' rustle us up some grub, eh?" He seeks out some of the lower ranked Seekers and asks them to bring some food to the companion's fire, relishing his newfound authority. "Right then boy-os, your betters are starving, serve us up some of that slop will yas?" When they bring the food, he thanks them and dismisses them. After eating he says, "Got another long day ahead of us, night all." Then goes to bathe and sleep as described earlier.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir accepts the pipe, and after a substantial number of puffs, returns it to Jevon. Impressed by the man's taste, he favors him with a rare grin before blowing a smoke ring out over the campfire. "This stuff ain't half bad, thank ye Jevon." He looks around to make sure not many are listening, and then offers his hand to the barbarian. "I suppose by now I owe ye a true introduction. My name is Koldir Shadowhammer, from the streets o' Cavenies. Fer now I'd prefer t'be called Burrin 'round the men, as I occasionally have a bit o' reputation. No harm in lettin' ye know at this point though. Don't 'spose ye've heard o' me?" Koldir lies back against his backpack, enjoying the light buzz from the pipe, and feeling good about his honesty.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Once again slightly post timeline bending, but what can you do

"Cavenies is a long way from Sturmwatch mate. Can't say I've heard hide nor hair of ya. Then again I spend most of my time travelin' about, so don't feel bad or nuffin. That bein' said it's good to know yer proper name Koldir." Jevon shakes his hand heartily.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

At some point in the night, Baster looks at Aldus and says in a neutral tone:

"Greetings. Your name is Aldus Cottontail, right ? I was wondering about the particular area of expertise which got you to join this Quest."

He pokes at the fire with a stick, eliciting small flaming sparks while waiting for Aldus' answer.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian turns to Baster and replies "The only oath I took was to serve all that is right and just. To ensure that Evil is punished and that order that is fair and just is maintained. I am a Paladin, Baster, not some priest."

Is this ok by you Matt, or should Paladins be vow of chastity bound?


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

"What does being a priest have to do with chastity?" Ithriel asks with a questioning look on his face.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian sheepishly turns to the elf, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I only meant it in jest. May I ask your name, I don't think we were properly introduced."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Places his right hand in the center of his chest, thumb against his sternum, bows and says, "Ithriel Latairn of Loerith Weald and no offense taken, I'm just unsure of your logic. The human thought process has always left me a bit off."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster smiles to Endrian.

"It's good to hear you've got nothing against some hanky panky."

"You could get lucky really quickly." he says while winking at Endrian.

An angel passes by. Then Baster frowns as something occurs to him.

"Not lucky with me, mind you !" he adds hastily to Endrian. "I was actually speaking about Ley..." His voice trails off.

"Never mind. Some things you just have to figure out by yourself, I suppose" he says as he drops the matter altogether, foraging forcefully at the fire with his stick.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]
Quote:
"The human thought process has always left me a bit off."

"That's exactly what my tutor used to say." smiles Baster while recalling some pleasant memories.

He feels more relaxed now than at any other time during the journey.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Where is Loerith Weald ? I must confess I have never heard of it." Baster asks Ithriel Latairn.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

"It is a forested area, here in Keddenmark. I come from a nameless village from deep within." Stares off into the distance, as if remembering some age long past.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"It must be a strange thing to come from a place with no names" muses Baster.

"There are a great many things decided by names being placed on us at the moment of our birth."

"But who can we be - for good or for ill - without the names of those who came before us ?"

"Maybe it's different with Elves. My tutor was not clear on that point, I'm afraid."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Paladins aren't chastity bound, generally speaking. The only chastity is a special monk vow you can take to get extra ki points, as far as I know.

Whenever seems a good time, Koldir heads back to his tent. He prefers his sleep early and often, since you never know when it'll be interrupted.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Koldir Shadowhammer wrote:
Paladins aren't chastity bound, generally speaking. The only chastity is a special monk vow you can take to get extra ki points, as far as I know.

Indeed, it isn't required though it is an option for the oathbound paladin Archetype


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"Thank you Endrian. You are a knight of the night." Leylyn says as she places a hand on Endrian's shoulder.

Ehehe. And now the game begins! Leylyn smiles to herself. :3

Endrian's Test of Will: Night 1:
Leylyn begins her little game of pushing Endrian's buttons, trying to see how far she can push before Endrian snaps and tries to make a move on her. For this first night she doesn't push to hard. But she does change in front of him, showing no modesty and even stricking up a conversation with him as she changes. Before they go to bed she is very Flirty but when it is time to sleep she gives him his space. (Unless it is a very small tent, then she takes advantage of that! ) However when he wakes up he finds her in his bedroll (still clothed ) with her arms and legs wraped around him and her head resting on his chest. The fluff ball from her sleeping cap lies on Endrian's face and a small pool of drool is slowly leaking from Leylyn's mouth onto Endrian's chest.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

After spending some time at the fire, Ithriel heads down to the stream, removes his leather armor to bath under the moonlight, puts on his traveling clothes, then finds a spot to layout his bedroll, and sits down facing the moon to begin his Sleep Meditation.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

At Aldus Cottontail:
I am curious as to what Aldus replies to Baster regarding his inquiries.
If he replies at all, that is :-).


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

When the night has gone quiet, and most of the Seekers have retired, Baster stands up from his spot near the fire, and goes to the old woodland shrine, passing through the copse of trees.

There, in this place of ancient worship, he enjoys the silence and the calm which soon pervades his thoughts. Above his head, through the caving roof, he glimpses the twinkling stars powdering the opaque mantle of night.

"I beseech you, Saint Eveldine, to bring good fortune to our expedition." he says aloud.

And then he adds in a subdued voice: "And perhaps some true contentment, as well."

He then goes back to the camp and to his tent, and falls asleep as soon as he lays on his bedroll with all his clothes on.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

In response to Ithriel, Endrian says "It's just a turn of phrase. Some priests are known to take vows of chastity depending on their devotion."

In response to Baster, Endrian says "Lucky? I don't think I quite understand. I mean, I consider myself lucky to be in such fine company at the moment, a true knight, a noble... It's all very exciting."

Endrian's response to his test of will:

As Leylyn changes, Endrian does all he can to find interesting parts of the tents patchwork to focus on to try and avoid looking upon Leylyn's body. He slips up twice and each time goes a deep shade of crimson.

When he goes to change, he simply removes his armour and his shirt, then puts on a long robe with a grail embroidered on the back. He does his best to hide his back, but should Leylyn be looking, she will see a large birthmark in the shape of a grail on his back.

Any flirting that occurs will probably be misinterpreted by Endrian and he will talk with Leylyn until he eventually succumbs to sleep.

When he wakes up and finds Leylyn wrapped around him, after brushing aside the fluff ball, he thinks to himself ,It must have gotten cold last night, either that or Leylyn really does get scared in the night...


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon let himself be dragged to the fire by Leylyn, but didn't talk much. He just listened to the stories and chatter. Something about the legends they told seemed to both draw him in completely and also make him very sad. After a while he simply retreated into his whittling, making an impressive carving of a rearing horse over the course of the night.

As Leylin began her less than subtle advances on Endarian, Leon could not help but chuckle, which seemed to surprise him a bit.

That girl. Sheesh. Well, at least she chose the best of us. He can't possibly be so clueless though can he? Seems like everyone else is in on the joke. We'll see how long it takes him to catch on.

And then Sir Baster spoke, drawing him out-

Baster of the Peacock wrote:
"But who can we be - for good or for ill - without the names of those who came before us ?"

"Anything." Leon said without thinking. Then he paused, as though hearing himself speak, and continued. "We can be everything we would be without those names."

He sighed. "Knowing the names of your ancestors does not make you what you are. Only your actions do that. To have the blood of great people running in your veins does not make you great any more than it makes you lessened. There is more nobility in being a good father to a child than there is in winning a dozen tournaments."

Uncomfortable with the eyes on him, he realized he'd been rambling again. He shrugged apologetically and said "Sorry."


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Baster of the Peacock wrote:
"Greetings. Your name is Aldus Cottontail, right ?

Aldus nods casually

Baster of the Peacock wrote:
I was wondering about the particular area of expertise which got you to join this Quest."

Aldus seems to seriously consider this for a moment before finally shrugging.


This is what happens when I leave you all alone? People sleeping in balloons, paladins being flirted with and some of the deepest conversations on history, names and the like I've ever seen? You sirs (and lady) astound me! In any case to answer questions: Yes, you can sleep in the dirigible Tim, no you don't need a vow of chastity Endrian and as an additional note you may all feel free to invent places or setting locations to fit your discussions, I am in the process of creating a more detailed hex map of the setting and whatever you create I'll fit in. If I have a problem with something I'll let you all know. Oh and the Seekers issue tents (small and large) if needed. In fact, consider unimportant items like barrels and baskets to be available.

The night catches up to the Seekers, the sun fading behind the distant peaks and summits. The air passes from a late evening breeze to an early night's chill. The voices and commotion of the campsite begin to quiet down as fires are extinguished all around. The sounds of the night, insects chirping, owls hooting and the distant howling of wolves takes the place of civilized noises.

Perception DC 20:

The night sky flashes momentarily with a shimmering light as a shooting star passes through the a gap in the forest trees. A rare sight indeed, as shooting stars have always signified Saint Eveldine's presence.

The next morning comes around soon though and the camp slowly packs up the material and makes preparation to get underway. Halfway through packing one of the wagons a shout followed by exclamations of anger ring through the camp. The sound seems to be coming from one of the rear wagons.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Impossible Perception check for Endrian: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Endrian did not see the shooting star when he made his way to the tent last night.

In the morning, Endrian will make sure to lend a hand with the packing up of the camp.

When the shouting erupts, Endrian will make his way over asking "Hey, hey, hey... What's happening here guys?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

OMG, Leylyn is so mean! and with the paladin too. tsk tsk, poor paladin.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon had just finished rolling up his sleep kit when the shouting began. He dropped his gear and jogged to the rear of the convoy, quickly catching up with Endarian.

This had better not be Jevon again..."


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Perception for Shooting Star 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Failing to notice Eveldine's blessing, Jevon drifted quickly off into sleep...

When the shouting began the next morning Jevon sprang to his feet, fully clothed and armored as he always was. He picked up his axe and began jogging towards the rear of the column. Seeing Leon's large form up ahead, he calls out cheerily "Oi, Leon ol' chap, what's going off?" He strains his ears to see if he can make out the shouting.

Perception to hear 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

301 to 350 of 1,339 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.